View Single Post

Thread: Currently Recruiting Players

1. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Summary: Pony game set shortly after Hearth's Warming using D&D 3.5. Prior knowledge of Ponies and D&D is NOT strictly required. I am using my own rules for the Pony races, and would prefer to continue to use some rules I created to satisfy my touch of O.C.P.D. regarding the basic underlying mathmatics of D&D while also slightly nerfing S.A.D. classes.

Heavy focus on thought to win. This means that character creation should be low to middle optimization, and actual play should be meant to match villains who either would kill characters out of a party played in a "kick in the door" style due to either mechanical concerns (usually via the number of opponents) or due to actually acting like they have read at least "The Evil Overlord's List" and possibly Sun Tzu's "The Art of War".

This does NOT mean that social interaction will not be useful, merely that such social interaction will include focus on setting yourself up to be successful at the other aspects of the game (combat, stealth, perhaps exploration, etc.). Of course, I can probably have other aspects of social play if the players desire it.

Contact: In thread or on Discord via Direct Message( DracoDei <Remove this spam-bot prevention> #3734 ).
    Note: You should message me even if I am in "Do Not Disturb" or "Idle" mode. I'll read your message sooner or later.

Thread for much more detailed description of campaign.

EDIT: The delay between posting the thread and this message is due to my not wanting to be overwhelmed with TOO many new applications at one time, then finding a few players though other means. Most of those have flaked out and one is thinking of leaving in a more polite way, so I'm going ahead and doing this post. A secondary issue is that I am really bad at summarizing things so I am still not sure if the above is a good way of doing it. Suggestions for improvement welcome.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2020-11-15 at 11:44 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.