Hmm. It would be meaningless - indeed, harmful - to cast buffing spells if one were not expecting at least a scuffle, but I fail to see what the Order gains by engaging at this point. I suppose they could buff in CASE of a scuffle, but still hope to avoid one. Even an ambush by the Order seems unlikely to accomplish much for the Order. At best they could incapacitate Redcloak (killing him works against them) or kill Oona/Greyview...and either might rely on the MitD choosing now to step in and help the good guys. IF that were to happen, they might stand a chance against Xykon...but then even if they manage that, I would think it would be all the more difficult to sway Redcloak.

Granted, I've had five minutes or so thinking this all through, which is more time than they've had, so they've probably not considered all the possible outcomes (if anyone, V and/or Roy.) From my current perspective, it seems to me the Order is playing a strange game when the only winning move seems to be to not play at all.