1. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    I was thinking it was unreasonable for any of us who have not lived in Kalimdor before to know much if anything about the centaurs. But in case we have heard things or read up on anything lately...

history: [roll0]

Also, there would be multiple different tribes of them, yes?
    Spoiler: Isaera's History Knowledge About Centaurs
    Show
    Having left Kalimdor and not maintained much contact with it a very long time ago - some seven thousand years, in fact. Once the ancient highborne departed for new lands that would become Qual'Thalas, the Night Elves enacted a magical defence to shroud the continent in confusing mist to deter and mislead sailors, making it very difficult for anyone less than absolutely determined to make their way to the ancient elven homelands. This means that any information you might have learned in reading elven history about the centaur might be quite outdated.

Except, it's not. More specifically, there is no high elven history that mentions the centaurs, even though elves are very good at recording history. And some living elves are only four or five generations away from the great Exile! The place that the centaur apparently dwell, which the Tauren and Night Elves call Desolace was once Mashan'she, "the sunlit land"; an appellation that seems to you to speak more of pleasant, sunny loveliness than blasted sunscorchedness. The centaur seem simply not to have existed, six thousand years ago - though knowing where they came from, and when, would require some dedicated research, and perhaps questions to knowledgeable Kalimdor natives.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I would've imagined the 'stay away from the centaurs' would've been a relatively common theme during our 3-week acclimatization to the area, particularly as one of the missions involved them?
    There's a deal of common knowledge that you can reasonably expect all your characters would know, by dint of being adventurous types, and making some preparation to live in Ratchet.

- The centaur have five major tribes, who have historically dwelled in Desolace but have in recent years become more territorial and bloodthirsty, pushing the Kolkar out into the barrens, and other tribes elsewhere.
    - The plains Tauren tribes recently drove the centaur out of Mulgore, and established Thunder Bluff upon the great mesas there, over the fertile valleys. The Tauren claim they were expelled from that land by centaur incursions hundreds of years ago; and the assistance of the Darkspear Trolls and the Orcs in retaking what they claim to be their ancestral homeland is the foundation of the mostly peaceful race's unswerving dedication to the warrior-heart horde.
    - The Horde - especially Orcs and Tauren - have absolutely nothing positive to say about centaurs. As far as they are concerned, these are unreasoning, brutal ruffians who respect only threat of force.
    - Night elves do not have much contact with the centaur historically, although after the Third War, as they have become reactivating their presense in outposts throughout the continent, clashes are becoming more common.
    - Night elves consider the repetition of the rumor that the centaur are the unloved bastard children of their demigod Cenarius to be an offense bordering on blasphemy. Since Cenarius was killed by Grom Hellscream, he is unable to plead his own defence to the charge.
    - Centaur females appear to have a monopoly on their elemental magics; but pursuit of these magics is considered weak and secondary to strength in arms.
    - The Alliance - especially its humans - are conflicted by the existence of Kalimdor natives, especially centaur and quillboar. While it is hard to deny the manifest savagery of those species at present, there is no firm agreement on whether it is possible, or desirable, to attempt some diplomatic effort continuously when the centaur themselves seem uninterested in anything but territorialism.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    I think Isaera just met Bwonsamdi the Loa of the grave due to having the blessing of the loa shared with her. I like that additional piece of narrative and it makes me curious. Which afterlife do you think your character is currently trending towards given how they are at the moment?
    I'm thinking Jakk'ari is trending to Bwonsamdi's realm or another one related to it.
    Spoiler: Shadowlands Spoilers
    Show
    I think Ardenweald given how some Loa are currently resting there after being killed on Azeroth. Also Jakk'ari gets to avoid going to the Maw if he dies due to Bwonsamdi looking out for him. But I don't what is going to happen with the rest of the party.
    I could see Marion scheming against Denathrius, Mor'Lag marching in Maldraxus, and Isaera going to Bastion if she gets a little more traumatized.
    Spoiler: Shadowlands Spoilers Redux
    Show
    Without conceding that 'my' Shadowlands will unfold just as it has in the official lore, Mor'Lag definately Maldraxxus, Marion definately Revendreth, and I agree, Ardenweald for Jakk'ari to hang out with the wild gods. But on the other hand, I wonder if a Farraki will really be happy in a land of such unrelentingly cool, green shade? Emilia... Possibly Maldraxxus as well, though I'm sure she might prefer Bastion. Isaera I can see in Bastion, though likely she'd end up as part of the Forsworn, refusing to forget!

Alright, all caught up. I'm going to assume the debreif after the fight has reached an uneasy impasse, and everyone is going to agree to get-on-with-it without conceding anything, because no one wants to draw this out! :)

As per the recovery rules, outside of combat, you can take reasonable measures and Isaera can be recovered in a couple of minutes. However, she did use Extra Effort to get out of the firing line. That being the case, she's fatigued, and would require about an hour of rest to stop being fatigued. Did your party want to go a little further into the cave just to be covered from the outside potential threat and try to rest a bit, or push on, trusting to stop and rest further along the track, deeper in the cave?
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-04-05 at 06:32 AM.