View Single Post

Thread: GITP Monster Competition Chat Thread

1. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GITP Monster Competition Chat Thread

Have renamed my guys the Mepholk (Mephit+folk, the scientific name of the species they are based on is Mephitis Mephitis).
    Added "Tail-Shield Use", and for Epic, "Tower Tail Shield Use"... just because the idea of a hulking bruiser of a war-skunk* slapping 20+ pounds of darkwood in front of a troll's greataxe as deftly as a scorpion stings is just... well... Epic...

* (Hmmm... that is catchy, maybe I should make a PrC for them some time using that name)

Edit: As a reserve feat PER SE "Acid Spray" is very weak. It doesn't give any outside bonus (although if I decide to make it more powerful it could be +1 CL to [Acid] spells), and it is limited in frequency of use by the musk supply (the Musk production and storage feats just make this restriction LESS... it takes 5 feats, 2 of them Epic, to totally remove that restriction). The thing that gives that feat most of its power is that it is equivalent to a limited version of Quicken Spell, since you get the distracting/blinding effects of the musk AND the acid damage... oh, and if you get multiple attacks per round you get to have a chance to do the damage more than once per round... can't forget that... good thing casters have poor BAB progression... Another minor power-up would be to say that on a critical if they fail the Fort. Save to avoid total blindness the first round, then blindness is permanent until Remove Blindness/Deafness applied as the acid eats their corneas...
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2008-07-03 at 03:02 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.