View Single Post

Thread: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread

1. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Your gaze attack for Mirror of Misfortune is... terrifying. 1d4 drain to three mental stats? That's... devastating. At 8th level (cleric 7/Sybil of the Blinded Eye 1) you can permanently handicap spellcasters. I'd save that for a higher level ability if you want it to be drain or change it to damage (which is what I'm hoping you meant) which can be healed by restoration effects. Still potent enough to handicap a caster, but not a permanent drain ability at 8th level. I think all of your Mirror abilities should be changed to damage instead of drain, personally.
    You are incorrect. Restoration, Lesser does nothing for Drain, but Restoration has the following clause:
    Restoration cures all temporary ability damage, and it restores all points permanently drained from a single ability score (your choice if more than one is drained).
    Since Restoration is 4th level, that means that most parties should be able to cast it themselves, or at the least, hire it cast when they get back to a big enough city. The second should only be an issue if the Sybil is a major opponent.
    Restoration, Greater cures all ability drain.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-05-20 at 02:52 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.