New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default A Match Made in the Playground

So, its come to this. A shameless exploitating of the message board to promote love and happiness. ;D

In truth, it is an attempt to elucidate those members who have joined us within the last year and have no idea who these two people are. It is also an attempt to give those that wish to look back and remember a simple place to start rather than trying to sift through the search engine results of a year and nigh 1000 posts to get a clear picture of what has come to pass.

Be forewarned eager reader, what follows is a tale of love. Not a fleeting love, nor simple lust, but a love so true that it spanned distances best described as "vast" and at least a total of two message boards.

Presented here are links to the threads and posts that catalogue this love across this sliver of the web. I would encourage you to begin your journey by lingering in the "Ask Cherry" thread, making your way among its many posts to sift from it those made by one Uthmah and learn of him and his first steps down a long and winding road.

Meet Uthmah
    Meet Ceres47
    Uthmah gets a new job
    Ceres deals with an ex and wins!
    Ceres and Uthmah go on a very geeky date
    Uthmah lays out a cunning plan
    And finally, the proposal

Well wishes, words of wisdom, and congradulations can be posted here.

P.S.And what would a wedding be without photos? Well, it'd still be a wedding, just without any of its precious moments frozen in time and space. The board is banding together to create a photo of extraordinary magnitude to give to the happy couple.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: A Match Made in the Playground

I would say this is slightly bigger than reaching 500,000 posts. Why hasn't rich commented on this?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

He did . . . right . . . here.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

i can't help but feel proud that i have witnessed such a momentous occasion. congratulations!!!

;D
    --I'm off to see what his 18 charisma is worth 'under the hood'.

Quote Originally Posted by cnsvnc View Post
    Any game where you are attacked by a pack of genetically enhanced cows is cool.
    Thank you to Adghar and The Stoney One for my fabulous avatar!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

You know what I realized? Uthmah and I fell in love within 13 days... :o

I remember talking to this person ALL the time and thinking how wonderful it was to finally 'click' with someone and I could be me...me me me! and he thought I was an incredible person...ME?!?! When we first started talking, we exchanged pics and phone numbers...we told each other our deepest fears and highest hopes...we were DETERMINED to be the best of friends if nothing else, and to be there for each other if needed....

and it was wonderful to have someone that cared so much! I remember talking to him every morning and every night...chatting during the day...and the amazing thing is that we were both so scared and we were 'waiting for the shoe to drop' and things to end- only to realize that there is no 'shoe'...we are the best of friends, the deepest love is held for each other... we talk about everything! (best advice there people!) and if something is bothering me or him- we talk about it, no matter how scared we are, cause we have to be able to communicate or else it 'wounds, festers, and makes things worse'- which just cannot happen! He makes me feel like his champion cause I want to fight his battles for him, but then in the same sentence? He makes me feel like his princess because he always tries to make me feel precious and tries to keep me safe... and let me tell you! THAT is a wonderful feeling! There is a song out there by Savage Garden that basically spells it out for us.. "I knew I loved you before I met you" cause I did- and that is what is so different- we knew what each other looked like, but it didnt matter! I loved HIM, I fell in love with him as a person. I fell in love with his soul. I fell in love with a wonderful person that could share his dreams, his fears, his heartache, his hopes with me...and it took 13+ days...

......and I got lucky....

CAUSE HE IS DAMN HOT LOOKIN! ;D
    Mrs. RBPRX1204 and loving it!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh how sweet.
    Too bad your life has to end here, we could have been friends

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, nice story. I hope it all works out for you guys. My wife and I worked pretty fast too. I brought her home with me the day we met, and she never left. We were married 5 months after that and then our first child was born 4 months later.

We are fond of saying that we're lucky we found each other, because no one else would put up with us. ;D

My younger brother is divorced and remarried with kids, so I know how tough that can be.

Good Luck. ;)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Naturally, this is one of the most heart warming stories I've seen in a good long while. I'm one of those guys who is more at home at the gaming table or dojo than the dating scene, so the whole concept of love is a tad strange to me.

But seeing love spring up in a place like this is... well, its cool. I'm smiling at the mere thought of it. And, looking back at the story as it unfolded (thanks to that handy guide from WampaX), its pretty clear you guys have a good thing going.

Congratulations. And as unintentional as it might have been, thanks for the pick-me-up.

9. - Top - End - #9

This one of the most geeky and romantic things I have seen in a while.
    (insert tear drop here)

Things like this make me want to put down my scythe of slashibbity, and find that special someone...

Oh, sorry. My wife just told me to get off the computer.
    If you want to know who your talking to...
    Time for slashibbity

Click here to see the many faces of Mortia...
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Strange, I was reading this comic and thought of the happy couple.

DO you think it has really sunk in yet?

11. - Top - End - #11

BEST WISHES, UTHMAH AND CERES!!! We're rooting for ya!

And on the side issue: hey, some of us who actually have romance in our lives are more at home at the gaming table (or dojo, but not me :P) than the dating scene. My Valentine's Day card said my hubby would play a 25 point paladin for me ;D. (Dndorks.com I think.)
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~
    Depending on which avvy I'm using:
    Erin Avatar (aiming gun in chainmail) by Annex.
    Veronica Avatar (goth chick psion) by Gorbash Kazdar.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Congrats and my prayers and best wishes to you both ;D I haven't been on in a long time and this was a good way to say hey to everyone and reconnect with everyone. You guys live in Ky? I do too! I'm in the southeast, what part are u guys in if u dont mind me asking? It sounds like u two are on the road to everlasting happiness.

"May the sun always shine on your face, may the wind be always at ur back and may the road rise to meet your step..." An old irish blessing, just thought it was relevant, Congrats again
    \"Even monkeys fall out of trees sometimes...\"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

I wasn't here for the first part of it but I found one of my first posts on the "geeky date" link so I think I came in halfway through the movie so to speak. I'll add my best wishes here since stories like this are just too rare and we all want them to get the full storybook ending.
    "Time and space exist not. There was no past, and there shall be no future. NOW is all. All things that ever were, are, or ever will be, transpire now. Man is forever at the center of what we call time and space. I have gone into yesterday and tomorrow and both were as real as today." R E Howard

14. - Top - End - #14

what's the date?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...I wonder if a webcam could be set up at the wedding, maybe get some sort of streaming video of the thing going...
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Well.....

He gave me a big ol solitaire tonight- so its official!!

Im so happy! He is soo good to me!

(we are discussing the webcam....we'll see....)

17. - Top - End - #17

You two are just too cute for words.
    (this is the man behind the evil avatar speaking)
    I told your story to my wife, and she absolutly loves it. She thinks that Rich should make a movie or something!
    (She didnt belive me when I said that Rich dosnt make that much... I dont think.)
    Well, best wishes you two, I look forward to the web cam thing!!!
    If you want to know who your talking to...
    Time for slashibbity

Click here to see the many faces of Mortia...
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi, all. As promised, a update after Friday. ::) Yep, I popped the question, guys. I've had the ring since 1/20/06, burning a hole in my pocket. OMG, I so kept it on the down low too. She was so sideswiped by it. I was so worried that she had guessed it at one point that I told her I wasn't buying her any jewlery for Valentine's Day. Well, it wasn't for Valentine's Day, so HA! So now we got to plan for our wedding, merging our households, and finding a house to put it all into, all before the kids start the next school year if all goes well. (Keep the prayers going on that, I really want to make this happen.) I hope all of you guys are doing well, too. We can't wait to see this wedding poster. I'm just so excited. I want to take it to Gencon with me (tehe!). I'll talk to you all later. I want to spend as much time as I can with my Lady.

Uthmah, the Engaged.
    BTW,yes, I'm the fellow formerly known as Uthmah, the Negotiator. Somehow, during the forum changeover, it got changed back to RBPRX1204. Sorry for the confusion.
    Hi, all. Yes, I love Ceres, with all my heart. http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/ceres47/?&&Write me if you think we should have a GITP get together at Gencon 07.&&http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...GENCON%202006/
    http://www.myspace.com/pyrecat
    KFG member since 2007

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well if you need any tips on how to save money and still have a wedding reception I can give you some. ;)
    Look behind you!

Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Starla,

Actually- we are pondering the thought of going to Disney....got any tips? ???

21. - Top - End - #21

Oh, we just went to Disney. Are you planning on going alone or taking the kids?

One thing I would definitely recommend, which won't be a money saver but it'll make Disney soooo much more enjoyable, would be to get the Express Passes. They are passes where you can get in line for your ride, and they'll give you a time to be back to ride the ride. So you don't have to waste time in line. Oh my gosh, it is so worth it (I hear, and I had a 1 year old and a 3.5 year old. I'd have killed for the Express Passes. Unfortunately, the whole vacation was on my InLaws so I didn't have much input.

Also, pack you some snacks to take into the parks. A 20 oz water is like 2.50, but they let you bring in packs and stuff. We brought some cookies and fruit and waters (frozen, it was midAugust, so they melted and were icy) and kept them in the baby's stroller. There are stroller parking places everywhere, but I don't think you have babies. Our stroller was mostly storage space :-).
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~

22. - Top - End - #22

This is an experienced lady.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I agree the express passes are awesome.

I meant tips like: You can get blank invitation cards and print them out yourself. I went to Hallmark and they let me look at a book to get ideas on wording. I made some notes and then I figured out the wording myself. I bought 300 invitations and 100 thank you cards for less than $100 at Papers Plus. My mom took a picture of us at the park and we got 300 prints at Costco. We printed them with blue ink and they came out very nice.

I bought fabric for my bridesmaid dresses (3) at a nice fabric store and they gave me a discount too. I spent $120 on 15 yards of satin fabric plus I got lining zippers and thread for each color (pale blue, lavender, and pale yellow) and the patterns. My friends made their bridesmaid dress or got someone to make it for them.

I got my wedding dress for $400 off the rack, and my friend who worked at the store recommended renting the bustle since no one really needs to keep it and she was right. She made my veil with tule and used a pretty ribbon and glued it on the edge. (no one could tell it looked as good as the $175 veil in the store) She also did the beading for the top which was the most work and she gave me a very good price for her work. She also hemmed my dress and sewed the buttons on to bring up the train for me as a gift.

Flowers cost a lot in general. You can save money on decorating by getting friends to help you make the arrangements for the tables.

These are just some of the things that I did and I did have a lot rescources through my church that helped. I didn't have to pay to use the church cultural hall and one of the church leaders had a DJ system that he let us use for free. My brother did the DJ music for us. Another friend burned a great list of music for dancing that my brother didn't play much of but I loved listening to it until it broke.
    Look behind you!

Spoiler
    Show
    Made you look

24. - Top - End - #24

How could I miss this post? I should read Friendly Banter more.

Anyways, a million congratulations to both of you. This is really great news, and I wish you both luck and happiness with everything for the rest of your lives! ;D

--TKoD
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

That sounds wonderful Starla!!

Uthmah and I are really planning on having a small ceremony-- just him, me and a JP to make it official. My family is in TX...his parents are there in Kentucky- other than that? It will be just us.....but thank you!!

We are discussing details on our Disney honeymoon, trying to decide if the 'concierge service' will be worth it, etc..etc... its our Honeymoon- so we want to be pampered/spoiled! LOL!

Im actually on the hunt right now for some corny bride/groom Tshirts for us! LOL!!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I can't believe that all this drama and romance has been going on in the forums! :o Congradulations! I hope you have a wonderfull marriage! ;D
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

27. - Top - End - #27

Ooooohoooohoooohhhh!! Re: corny Bride/Groom stuff? That's one of the best things I noticed at Disney this last time. There are Mouse Ears with veils and top hats that people were wearing all over the park, it was soooooo cute! And all the animals and attendents would be wishing them well, going out of their way to congratuate the newlyweds.

~~

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGlutter
    Ooooohoooohoooohhhh!! Re: corny Bride/Groom stuff? That's one of the best things I noticed at Disney this last time. There are Mouse Ears with veils and top hats that people were wearing all over the park, it was soooooo cute! And all the animals and attendents would be wishing them well, going out of their way to congratuate the newlyweds.
    [glow=red,2,300]AWESOME!![/glow]

We are planning on getting those when we are there! LOL! He loves attention...he ought to just adore all the 'fanfare' when he is wearing his hat! Did I mention that Uthmah loves hats too? he will be in Heaven!!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Best of luck to all involved.
    And I used caps for once.That's a rarity.
    The Little Dungeon-taking over the forums, one post at a time.&&New avvie by Earin the Faceninja! kudos and cookies!&&Free food!&&Owner and operator of the Town daycare. Come visit us soon!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Congradulations! I hope you have a wonderfull marriage!
    My avatar even got dressed up
    &&&&&&today i\'m a new... um...yah&&&&