New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Characters you want to play but will never have chance to

Quote Originally Posted by gdiddy View Post
    I have been blessed with good DM's, so I've never wanted for anything. However, the one DM that has let me get everything I want abhors everything after levels 10-15.

I suppose a multi-year level 1-20 character would be my ideal.

Record to this point was a character that leveled 4-12.
    Oh, this is a good point. I love long campaigns where you get to stick with a character for ages. Im not sure what my record is for consecutive levels, but I'd guess it's in the neighborhood of 10-12. In D&D anyway. Two years in a campaign in another game.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Actually, there is one thing...

Spoiler
    Show
    An awakened adamantine chair that's a mage-hunting un-armed sword sage.
    GMs 3.5, cWoD, Rogue Trader, Monsterhearts, The Pool, and Fudge. Narrativist, wacky builder, and dancer.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Half silver dragon Gelatinous ooze vampire rogue.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amador View Post
    Half silver dragon Gelatinous ooze vampire rogue.
    I think people are getting a bit silly now. Maybe a time out is in order

I've always wanted to play a Gelatinous anything. The template is Int 0, but a Headband of Intellect +6 permanently bonded to you and a method of countering Antimagic/Dispelling and you're a gooey, slightly dim pool of awesomeness.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Who said a template, just be an awakened ooze. The only template there is half-dragon and vampire. Ooze is in the MM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Minotaur Barbarian - Don't know why, but I've always had a soft spot for minotaurs, though the RHD and LA are just too much for my DM to accept (and well..the LA cripples it anyway). If a non-RHD and non-LA version of the minotaur was used, I take it in a heartbeat.

Shifter Druid focused on moon-themed powers - Mostly because I won't get to use non-core spells, and theres few luna themed spells in core.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Hmmm, that makes two of us. I don't suppose you live in the DC area?
    God, I miss 7th sea. I played Luc (6 or 7 middle names) du Praisse, a Porte mage who ripped bloody, screaming holes in the fabric of reality...who also happened to be a mooch and a complete pansy. He was so good at mooching, I never actually had to roll for it. During my first session in this game, I had to meet with the madame of a Vodacce courtesan house to explain that my employer, who'd saved one of her courtesans from a rapist/murderer two nights before, would be late for their meeting. While we waited, she asked me other stories about my employer. The problem? 1st; I'd only just met him 20 minutes ago, when I recognized him from his description in the newspapers, sidled up alongside him, loudly proclaimed both his heroism and my association with him, and was hired to be his herald, but of course I couldn't tell her that. The 2nd? I was telling her that he was my employee...Well, not really an employee so much as someone who I allow to follow me on my journeys...He really looks up to me, and I kinda felt sorry for him, ya know? (OOC, I was interrupted 3 times by his player, who said "omigod he is going to get stabbed when I find out about this.") But, through flattery, witticism, and sheer audacity, Luc was able to talk his way out of it without anyone realizing he'd talked his way into anything in the first place.

And of course, then there was the incident with the boots...

But alas, the DM has started working two jobs, and on the rare occasion that she does run, it's a DnD game that had been going on for long before I met this group. Which we've only played twice in the past two months. For 1 hour at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A couple of years back, I was our group's only DM. Because of this I welcomed an offer from one of the other players to give a shot at DMing. He was having trouble figuring out any sort of plot and didn't want a sandbox game (bad experiences) so he came to me for help. After a few bad ideas we decided to use my established campaign world and explore the history of it. Specifically that of Saint William the bard.

Saint William was built as a 15th level bard with every jack of all trades option that I could fine. He was that traditional carefree soul. The plan was for Saint William (and his companions) to be forced into dire circumstances to protect their country. Each time he had to make an agonizing moral decision, that choice would get slightly easier for William. Eventually William would realize what he had become and end up sacrificing himself to save his companions and therefore the country. This is the root of his sainthood. Unfortunately this game died before it could begin due to time issues.
    I'd change the world, but God won't give me the source code

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

I will probably not be able to play all of the characters on this list, as I'm already playing in two weekly campaigns.

1. Changeling Wizard - I can impersonate an archmage and do his job better.

2. Tiefling Fighter - Based on Valen Shadowbreath, the tiefling fighter from Neverwinter Nights 1.

3. Swordmage|Wizard - Basically an eldritch knight who only needs two stats.

4. Chaotic Evil Halfling Ranger - Belkar 4.0! Now with dual scimitars!

5. Kender Sorcerer/Rogue - Kender + Spells = Everyone runs for cover.

6. Half-Orc Sorcerer - Based on Xanos Messarmos, the half-orc sorcerer from Neverwinter Nights 1.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Nero24200 View Post
    Minotaur Barbarian - Don't know why, but I've always had a soft spot for minotaurs, though the RHD and LA are just too much for my DM to accept (and well..the LA cripples it anyway). If a non-RHD and non-LA version of the minotaur was used, I take it in a heartbeat.

Shifter Druid focused on moon-themed powers - Mostly because I won't get to use non-core spells, and theres few luna themed spells in core.
    The Dragonlance Campaign Setting has a version of the minotaur that has no RHD or LA. They're different enough stat-wise that you might not be interested though.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I'd just like to PLAY. I'm the perennial DM, since no one in my play group is interested in playing.

My ideal character concept though? In a heavy RP group that was alright with adult themes, I'd want to play a hedonistic mage who worships Graz'zt as the incarnation of sexuality unrestrained, and emulated him at all opportunities. Man, that'd be fun.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Silver View Post
    <snip>
    1. Changeling Wizard - I can impersonate an archmage and do his job better.
    </snip>
    Oh, hell yes. I'm playing a Changeling Wizard in one of my current campaigns. So. Freaking. Fun. He's disguised as a halfling most of the time to fit in with the rest of the party, but changes shape to fit the situation. Not to forget that at-will Disguise Self and Prestidigitation make for great intimidation tools. With some clever dialogue thrown in, you've practically got a +whatever circumstance bonus on the roll.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    I don't read the first post. Or the title of the thread. Or anything in the thread to be honest. I just post random words and hope it all makes potato.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to play a Warforged Dragonborn of Bahamut Barbarian/Warforged Juggernaut.

...what? Robot dragon full of rage and unstoppable rampage.

I'd also like to play a Dread Necromancer 10/Renegade Mastermaker 10. Necron!
    Look! Under the earth! It's a worm! It's a drill machine! No! It's FLAYERMAN!

Faster than a speeding arrow! More powerful than a bullrushing fighter! Able to mind blast large parties in a single round!

Ages of Alcyon: An Original Campaign Setting

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    The Dragonlance Campaign Setting has a version of the minotaur that has no RHD or LA. They're different enough stat-wise that you might not be interested though.
    Do you remember which book they appear in? That sounds like something I've been looking for.
    My avatar? Why it's the brilliant work of Miss Nobody.

15. - Top - End - #75

a huge number of character concepts:
    Problem is i can only play one at a time.
    Vow of Poverty, Druid, focused on dinosaurs (esp fleash rakers),
    Gestult with Totemist, though in a lvl of monk if my AC is too low...
    Worshiping Wee Jas, LN.,
    Everything has it's time to die, Your time is now, or "RAHW"

A Cleric Who is convinced he's a wizard.

A marshal/white raven warblade/ inspirationa bard
    (heck i'm going to stat that up)
    There is nothing on earth that we share; it is either Valjean or Javert!

"A wizard can in fact be thought of the custodian to a familiar, a terrifying beast that charges its foes, slashing them to shreds while delivering their master's touch spells and bestowing upon their masters incredible bonuses to their hp or skill checks. A wizard is nearly powerless without one."

Need to find a God? or Spell or Feat?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

@ Mindflayer people:

A couple years ago I actually got the chance to take it for 3 ECL and it was great. Uber awsomesomeness with deep crystal mercurial greatsword as a psiwar. Became even more awsome when messing around with an artifact (the one with the chamber and all the levers and knobs), which added the weretiger template (dm ruled artifact would override template requirements).

Were-ithids with big swords are VERY fun.

Just picture it, 10' at the shoulder, arbatrarily large 2 handed weapon goodness, DR, mindblast, tentacles and fangs everywhere. Utter satisfaction.

If anyone is interested I might still have the char sheet somewhere...killed by kender

As to what I still want to play sometime, I want to do a Eldarin-blessed elan sometime. Gesalted Psion/Warblade.

Edit: Also I want to do an Ixiban Blackguard sometime.
    Last edited by Cyanic; 2009-10-21 at 11:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A kender...

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

A Wing Dragon (the breath weapon worries people I think).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-10-24 at 11:05 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by GallóglachMaxim View Post
    Do you remember which book they appear in? That sounds like something I've been looking for.
    Umm... The Dragonlance Campaign Setting...

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a couple.

Kerazt Vareth, CN (lesser) drow priest of Vhaeraun. Flamboyant, loves fine wines, preaches gender equality and working together with the surface elves to take over the world, makes ridiculously overblown grandiose plans. Will gut you like a fish if he's in the right mood and you annoy him, but might also help you regardless of your race if he's in a good mood.

Sadly he's very much 3.5 dependant, in which he's not a particularly useful character in most parties I've been in - We usually needed a spontaneous curer, which you can't get with a cleric of an evil god in 3.5. Nor is he particularly easy to fit into a game. It has to be either Forgotten Realms or homebrew willing to utilize Vhaeraun as a god. He can play nice with other party members, but he's not going to be most people's first choice. And any drow-based campaign is going to be focused around the filthy spider-kissers so he doesn't fit in there either. 4e would remove the mechanical problems, but WotC decided that they couldn't possibly have any decent drow gods running around, so they killed Vhaeraun off. -_-

Thrull Elfkiller, CG half-orc Cleric of Corellon Larethian. Mechanically illegal in 3.5, pointless in 4e as he'd have to be FR, but the new 'all races worship all gods' thing kind of removes the point. Despite the name, Thrull of course does not actually kill elves. He likes elves and does his best to protect them, often by infiltrating orc communities and undermining them from within. He refers to Corellon most of the time as the 'Nice Elf God' since he has trouble pronouncing the name due to his tusks and doesn't want to insult his god by saying his name wrong. He often talks in the third person with simple common sentences, but this is a front to make people underestimate his intelligence.

He came to his rather unusual choice of profession by way of being raised by a human bard along with the bard's half-elven nephew, who were both worshippers of Corellon. He had previously been living on the street begging for scraps, but they took him in and let him travel with them and taught him the things he'd been missing out on, and he consequently credits his god for saving him.

Yes, I come up with some odd characters. :P
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tyndmyr: Fraid not.

Marillion: Mine was Tonov. The largest Ussuran on the seas. Ships carpenter, wielding a massive sledge hammer in one hand and a mug of ale in the other. Notorious for his strength and stamina through all the ports. In once incident he even caught a cannonball. He wasn't the brains of the party, but the loveable lummox had friends in all the worst parts of town. Upon his retirement he opened a bar called 'The Tilted Deck'. The floors inside were all so lopsided you had to use balance instead of footwork.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

A bard or rogue, generally a scoundrel. Seems like we always need another tank, though.
    Im probably behind the league here, though. Need to get some more rule-books.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder Mage.
    Originally Posted by gdiddy
    There can be no resurrection of 3.5. But the SRD is the phylactery of 3.5 and it's kind of eternal for that.

Legacy of the Immortals Campaign Setting Any feedback, help or ideas you have are greatly appreciated.
    My Campaign Log (Apologize for Walls of Text)
    My House Rules
    My take on the Druid
    Prime20. Where Rule of Cool rules Alternatively, come to the new and improved Prime20 Thread!
    The wiki for Prime20

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

I just want to someday come across a super-powergamer group with a DM who says "do your worst" at character creation so I can show them a monstrously overpowered Psion + Beholder Mage + Ur-Priest combination I cooked up a long time ago. After a single round of this madness I would let the DM convince me to swap the thing out for another character I would just happen to have ready at the moment. I just want to see it in action and some reactions to it.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Limbsare U'sles, the crippled monk .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

A Beguiler Beguiler, with a Beguiler familiar and beguiler beguiler cohort who also has a beguiler familiar. Alternatively a Justicar Justicar.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

An Alu-Fiend sorceress.

Now hat has several problems.

Where will I find a DM who lets me run a demon (or for proper 3.5 translation half- fiend human with full Tanar'ri immunities and powers+Charm person at will)
    which is of course chaotic evil.

And if I find one, who allows that, the level adjustment would probably take the fun out of it.
    Remember: I'm always right.
    Unfortunately reality tends to make mistakes.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Korivan View Post
    Bob, the human commoner who travels the rhelms selling dungeon insurance to BBEG's.
    Been there, done that.

No, really. I named him Arthas, though. Not Bob.

It was for a game where we were all gestalt, but had to take an NPC class on one track. I went Bard/commoner and was Arthas, the smooth-talking adventurer insurance salesman. It was awesome.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

I would love to play a build involving the prestige class Eerie Traveler by Djinn_in_Tonic. Unfortunately my group rarely reaches sufficiently high levels for it.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

I would like to play a lawful good cleric who wields a staff, bangs evil creatures over the head yelling naughty, and uses ducktape to heal people.

Or failing that a henchman who is able to carry around anything designated loot.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.