Level: Brd 3, Clr 4, Drd 4, Rgr 2, Sor/Wiz 4, Creation 3
    Components: V, S, F
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: One nonmagical, unattended object
    Duration: Instantaneous; see text
    Saving Throw: Will negates (object)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (object)

You are able to transform a single object touched into a feather token. Such an object is stored inside the feather focus component for later use.

Occupied buildings and similar structures are impossible to make into feather tokens. Exceptions include tents, wigwams, tepees, igloos, and buildings smaller than the average human, as well as freestanding structures, such as buildings with no foundation, as long as no living creature is inside. If you cast this spell on an invalid target, the spell simply fails.

A stored object may be used as a feather token within 24 hours of its transmutation. If it is not used before the duration is up, the feather token is destroyed, releasing the object stored inside. If a creature would be crushed or otherwise harmed from the object, they are allowed a DC 14 Reflex save to avoid such harm completely.

Focus
    A feather. Upon casting the spell, the object targeted is stored inside the feather, ready to be used as a feather token.

Feather Token Reversal
    Transmutation
    Level: Brd 3, Clr 4, Drd 4, Rgr 2, Sor/Wiz 4
    Components: V, S
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Area: 20-ft.-radius burst
    Duration: Instantaneous

Upon casting this spell, you send a burst of specialized dispelling magic outward. Any feather token within the burst radius of this spell instantly becomes a mundane feather, and any objects that would have come out upon using the feather token come out. If a creature would be crushed or otherwise harmed from a released object, they are allowed a DC 14 Reflex save to avoid such harm completely.

Twilight Touch
    Transmutation
    Level: Brd 2, Clr 2, Drd 2, Rgr 1, Sor/Wiz 2, Metal 2
    Components: V, S, M
    Range: Touch
    Target: One set of armor or one shield
    Duration: 1 hour/level

You are able to bestow the twilight property upon one set of armor or one shield. Upon touching the armor or shield, it becomes less cumbersome and easier to make delicate movements while equipped with it.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-08-27 at 11:56 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Quaal's Spellbook [3.5 Spells]

You know, chances are that Quaal is a Wizard and since he researched the spells himself they would be Wizard only (maybe Sorcerer too).

Just pointing that out.

Like the concept though. Why is Twilight Touch here, though?
    I return!

Currently working on my own game heavily influenced by D&D 3.5 and PF. All of it is OGL material. The finished version will be released on PDF at some point.

Looking for people to add random fluff to my setting. PM me if you are interested.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rin_Hunter View Post
    You know, chances are that Quaal is a Wizard and since he researched the spells himself they would be Wizard only (maybe Sorcerer too).

Just pointing that out.

Like the concept though. Why is Twilight Touch here, though?
    Quaal was a ranger, actually, and he had some random twilight armor he created (before it was an armor property), apparently. That's why they're available to a ton of classes and twilight touch is there.

Here.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-08-27 at 10:43 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also with Quaal's obsession with feathers, making armor more "feather weight" fits.

Also, when researching a spell, do you pick what classes it is available to, or is it <your class> only? It's not in the SRD and my PHB is not handy, and I've not created a new spell in-game in a long time.
    Last edited by Zom B; 2010-08-27 at 11:26 PM.
    Zombitar courtesy of Djinn_In_Tonic.

5. - Top - End - #5

You run into a bit of a 'DM fiat' issue with the 'Buildings and similar structures are impossible to make into feather tokens.' bit, I think a limit on the size/weight of the object similar to Shatter might put even more of a damper on turning a Colossal sized full-helm into a feather token.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

6. - Top - End - #6

You could just put the words "freestanding" and "unoccupied" somewhere in there, and that would probably solve your dilemma. I mean, the players can construct a log cabin without a foundation and make it a feather token with the spell then, but they can't turn the BBEG's tower into one.
    Last edited by Zom B; 2010-08-27 at 11:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Zom B View Post
    Also with Quaal's obsession with feathers, making armor more "feather weight" fits.

Also, when researching a spell, do you pick what classes it is available to, or is it <your class> only? It's not in the SRD and my PHB is not handy, and I've not created a new spell in-game in a long time.
    I'll see to looking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    You run into a bit of a 'DM fiat' issue with the 'Buildings and similar structures are impossible to make into feather tokens.' bit, I think a limit on the size/weight of the object similar to Shatter might put even more of a damper on turning a Colossal sized full-helm into a feather token.
    Hm. Perhaps. Tents are iffy, as are igloos, wigwams, tepees, and very small houses, like those a dog would live in...

Any suggestions on wording?
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Any suggestions on wording?
    Scroll up. Scroll down. Your answers ARE NOW DIAMONDS.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Zom B View Post
    Scroll up. Scroll down. Your answers ARE NOW DIAMONDS.
    Gods. I love it. Old SPICE!
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quaal was a ranger, actually, and he had some random twilight armor he created (before it was an armor property), apparently. That's why they're available to a ton of classes and twilight touch is there.

Here.
    I stand corrected *Bows a little*

And I'm pretty sure you create a spell for your class... That's how I've always ruled it anyway... No idea about RAW though~
    I return!

Currently working on my own game heavily influenced by D&D 3.5 and PF. All of it is OGL material. The finished version will be released on PDF at some point.

Looking for people to add random fluff to my setting. PM me if you are interested.

11. - Top - End - #11

And I'm pretty sure you create a spell for your class... That's how I've always ruled it anyway... No idea about RAW though~
    It says nothing in the Dungeon Master's Guide (page 35, Creating Spells), as far as I know, nor is there anything in the Player's Handbook.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

The static DCs are a bit odd, but whatever.

I like it.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I would concur in general that that is RAI, but I also think that he would have inspired immitators among other classes who would rework the spell (which would be easier than working from scratch) for their class.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    The static DCs are a bit odd, but whatever.

I like it.
    Cool. For the save DCs, I just made it DC 10 + (highest) spell level, essentially. Do you think I should add "+ casting ability modifier" to that?
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Cool. For the save DCs, I just made it DC 10 + (highest) spell level, essentially. Do you think I should add "+ casting ability modifier" to that?
    Normally a spell that allows a saving throw doesn't state the DC because it is always 10 + spell level (for the class casting it at the time) + key ability score modifier (Int for wizards, Cha for sorcerers and so on). That is unless there are factors within the spell that would state otherwise.
    I return!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

but the reflex saves arn't really a function of the spell as such just a non-building suddenly appearing

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Latronis View Post
    but the reflex saves arn't really a function of the spell as such just a non-building suddenly appearing
    Which is why it should be this:

Saving Throw: Will Negates (Object), Reflex Negates (See text)
    I return!

18. - Top - End - #18

whats the 'standard' DC for random **** appearing out of thin air where you are anyway?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Latronis View Post
    whats the 'standard' DC for random **** appearing out of thin air where you are anyway?
    *Points to my post on spell DCs*

Yup. It's usually Reflex Half, though.
    I return!

20. - Top - End - #20

my point is it's not directly a function of the spellcaster, how wise said ranger is doesn't make a... canoo harder to dodge because it had the bad taste to appear in your square.