New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVI: The biggest in-joke in gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    By the way, I have a Mining Light I'm willing to trade for pretty much any hat/misc. item.
    I'll trade for a brigade helm. Because of course, it's just my luck to have the random hats I craft be old hats that more people have and aren't as good as the newer ones...

2. - Top - End - #812
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I would just like to personally invite Dogmantra into the IRC. We have a fun surprise for you, Dog.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

From the Mann-Conomy F.A.Q.:

Q: Can I craft the Polycount weapons? Do they have recipes like the other community items?
    A: Yes, they're craftable. They have the same recipe style (combine two items) as the other community-contributed items.

Doesn't that seem a little misleading to anyone else? I mean, sure, reclaimed metal is technically an item, but that sure reads like combining two regular weapons to me.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    From the Mann-Conomy F.A.Q.:

Q: Can I craft the Polycount weapons? Do they have recipes like the other community items?
    A: Yes, they're craftable. They have the same recipe style (combine two items) as the other community-contributed items.

Doesn't that seem a little misleading to anyone else? I mean, sure, reclaimed metal is technically an item, but that sure reads like combining two regular weapons to me.
    Nope. It says items, and it's pretty understandable what that means. In fact the Pain Train already has scrap metal in it's recipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know what's awesome? Trading away your only Eternal Reward for a crate, and then it not letting me buy the key to open it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

6. - Top - End - #816
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Hats for sets are becoming craftable, according to Robin Walker. Now, the Milkman set is still overpowered, but at least everyone can have it.
    Wait, the Milkman set is OP? I think it kinda sucks, or is kinda balanced. I mean, the Shortstop uses the pistol ammo, and the milk removes the scattergun. While the milk is cool, it basically turns the scout into a support class, and it is incredibly helpful. The fish is awesome, but essentially useless and only really completes the set. Don't get me wrong though, the fish is the most awesome thing ever, but it's really just a reskin.

Personally I don't really get what the big hype is about all these new item sets, other than people being pissed about buying them. They encourage different styles of play, whether or not they're any good is, of course, questionable. Personally, these seem like they're quite good for large scale pub play, i. e. 32 man servers, but not so good for smaller games. Except for the Spy actually, the Spy has the new stuff that actually encourages different styles of play that are new and interesting.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I would just like to personally invite Dogmantra into the IRC. We have a fun surprise for you, Dog.
    Dogmantra ([email protected]) has joined #Chocolatehammer
    <Dis> :o
    <Dis> but...
    <Dis> kpenguin isn't here
    Dogmantra has left irc.sorcery.net (Client Quit)
    I'm sorry kpenguin...I'm so sorry >:

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Dwarf in the Playground

The scout items aren't op, but his +25 hp buff is, I think. Much like the sniper's no headshot buff. What I don't get is these two awesome buffs when the soldier/pyro/spy get balanced good vs bad traits, that aren't straight buffs.

also, hats shouldn't come into it, at all.
    Steam name: Smiling Jack, aint that convenient?
    Numerical Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:15133339

9. - Top - End - #819
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    The scout items aren't op, but his +25 hp buff is, I think. Much like the sniper's no headshot buff. What I don't get is these two awesome buffs when the soldier/pyro/spy get balanced good vs bad traits, that aren't straight buffs.

The no-headshot thing comes at the price of being able to make headshots

EDIT: YESS! My idling has revealed onto me a NAME TAG and a FISH! Also, a Mann Crate! Who wants it?
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-10-02 at 07:30 AM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post

EDIT: YESS! My idling has revealed onto me a NAME TAG and a FISH! Also, a Mann Crate! Who wants it?
    Over here! No scruples when it comes to buying items, and I could use the extra armaments.

11. - Top - End - #821

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpionica View Post
    Over here! No scruples when it comes to buying items, and I could use the extra armaments.
    OK. If for some reason you have a SPARE copy of one of the new items, I'd love to trade for that (or, if not, I'd also give it to you because I still owe you my soul because you bought me l4d2)
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

12. - Top - End - #822
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

You know what? ... I have absolutely no frigging idea how to access this mythical 'Steam Wallet', any help here?

Also! I have for trade a Professional Panama, a Respectless Rubber Glove, and a Hound Dog!

I desire either 3 refined or a Officer's Ushenka for the Heavy.
    Ask not for whom the wolves howl, they howl for thee.

--- Also known as [GITP] Magentawolf

13. - Top - End - #823
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK. If for some reason you have a SPARE copy of one of the new items, I'd love to trade for that (or, if not, I'd also give it to you because I still owe you my soul because you bought me l4d2)
    Sure thing, will be online again in a few hours, will trade you then. Might have a few duplicates by then.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    Wait, the Milkman set is OP? I think it kinda sucks, or is kinda balanced. I mean, the Shortstop uses the pistol ammo, and the milk removes the scattergun. While the milk is cool, it basically turns the scout into a support class, and it is incredibly helpful. The fish is awesome, but essentially useless and only really completes the set. Don't get me wrong though, the fish is the most awesome thing ever, but it's really just a reskin.
    The Shortstop actually is a scattergun.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

15. - Top - End - #825
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post

People misinterpret the "no headshots" buff. It means no DEATH from headshots. So if you get hit in the head you have 1 hp left and can't take further damage from headshots. The Scout's 25 Hp buff is nice, however, he's losing his primary mode of attack to basically become a support class and only has a 4 shot pistol and a melee weapon to do damage.

EDIT: It IS a scattergun replacement, but it has the ammo of a pistol and it's max damage is 70 from what I understand (I can't get into tf2wiki for some reason). I've seen the scattergun do 107 or maybe even 110 at close ranges. With the full set the scout trades off being badass at killing to being helpful. Personally, I'm just a fan of vanilla tf2, and the new items do not scare me or make me worry about game balance. Except the wrangler, that thing is still a bit broken.
    Last edited by Sleverin; 2010-10-02 at 09:25 AM.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Orc in the Playground

People misinterpret the "no headshots" buff. It means no DEATH from headshots. So if you get hit in the head you have 1 hp left and can't take further damage from headshots. The Scout's 25 Hp buff is nice, however, he's losing his primary mode of attack to basically become a support class and only has a 4 shot pistol and a melee weapon to do damage.

EDIT: It IS a scattergun replacement, but it has the ammo of a pistol and it's max damage is 70 from what I understand (I can't get into tf2wiki for some reason). I've seen the scattergun do 107 or maybe even 110 at close ranges. With the full set the scout trades off being badass at killing to being helpful. Personally, I'm just a fan of vanilla tf2, and the new items do not scare me or make me worry about game balance. Except the wrangler, that thing is still a bit broken.

The short-stop excels in mid range combat, A meat shot with the thing will only win up to 60 damage. So it excellent against pyros and other short range classes.

17. - Top - End - #827

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
    The short-stop excels in mid range combat, A meat shot with the thing will only win up to 60 damage. So it excellent against pyros and other short range classes.
    So what you're saying is that the milkman set turns the Scout into a 150HP, fast support class with a gun which is best at mid to short range, a healing item and a melee weapon?

No-one else sees where I'm coming from?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

18. - Top - End - #828

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I want that Mining Light, but I have to decide what I'd trade for it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    I'll trade for a brigade helm. Because of course, it's just my luck to have the random hats I craft be old hats that more people have and aren't as good as the newer ones...
    Uh... see... funny story... I found a Trophy Belt, and I thought, well, no one's going to want either of these, so I, uh...

Anyone want to trade for a Modest Pile of Hat? You can have a new one or a Vintage...
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

No, see, milk replacing scatter was my prediction, and wrong.
    Milk is absurdly good as a pistol replacement. It's probably overpowered at the moment, because it's just that good a support and combat item.

Shortstop may use pistol ammo, but with milk, that really doesn't matter. It functions as a Scattergun with less spread, 2/3 damage per shot, 4/3 faster attack speed, a slow, and 2/3 clip with the reload reloading all 4 shots in the time it takes the scattergun to reload 2. About fair, no?
    Overall DPS? Hm. The shortstop unloads in the time the scatter fires 3 shots, so they're almost equal in that time frame. Reload is long enough for 2 scattergun shots... but then that's balanced when the scattergun has a single shot left. Essentially, it does similar damage, but changes the dynamics of the scout's engagement, to a mid-close harass, while retaining the pick potential. Also, against scouts, it slows them to heavy speed after they get hit, which may be enough to line up another shot.
    Fish is, of course, fish. And thus better than the bat. Or at least not a passive nerf.

Seem maybe balanced, except for the absurd milk? Good. Add 25 hp.
    Wait, what?

20. - Top - End - #830
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've tried the shortstop in offline mode, and while it does take away some of the scout's one-on-one, close-combat skills, it makes up for it by giving him the ability to stay in the fight without stopping constantly to reload. Its also great for people who can't meatshot for their life, like me.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Dwarf in the Playground

That isn't a drawback, the drawback of the sydney sleeper is no headshots, with or without the other stuff.

22. - Top - End - #832

Quote Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
    You know what? ... I have absolutely no frigging idea how to access this mythical 'Steam Wallet', any help here?

Also! I have for trade a Professional Panama, a Respectless Rubber Glove, and a Hound Dog!

I desire either 3 refined or a Officer's Ushenka for the Heavy.
    I'll trade you my Ushenka for your Hound dog.

23. - Top - End - #833

Kobold

Have a vintage heavy duty rag up for traiding. Offer me hats.

Also, I'd be willing to trade a reclaimed metal for a crit-a-cola or something.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

24. - Top - End - #834
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Science Officer View Post
    I'll trade you my Ushenka for your Hound dog.
    You've got it!

Now, how about a little help on that whole Steam Wallet location?

Hah! Found it, blasted thing.
    Last edited by Snowstorm; 2010-10-02 at 11:08 AM.
    Ask not for whom the wolves howl, they howl for thee.

--- Also known as [GITP] Magentawolf

25. - Top - End - #835

I had an experiment last night. I played heavy. Yep, Zach played heavy, it happened. First I started off with sacha as usual (for like a life) Went predictably. Too easy. It's like turning on easy mode. Not what I wanted. New experiment. Used shotgun+gloves only heavy. Proceeded to dominate half the enemy team. My questions are, why the hell don't you people use the shotgun. I have a third experiment relating to the new gloves when I get them. I'll update when that happens.

Somewhat related, when complaining about the pyro flames nerf, keep in mind that you have a shotgun. It is a tried and true weapon. Your flames are for residual damage, and to kill them as they flee. And spies. Curse spies.
    Last edited by Mtg_player_zach; 2010-10-02 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

27. - Top - End - #837
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    Have a vintage heavy duty rag up for traiding. Offer me hats.

Also, I'd be willing to trade a reclaimed metal for a crit-a-cola or something.
    I'll swap your rag for a woopie hat or a pith helmet (I'd rather you took the woopie, i hate it)

28. - Top - End - #838
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    I had an experiment last night. I played heavy. Yep, Zach played heavy, it happened. First I started off with sacha as usual (for like a life) Went predictably. Too easy. It's like turning on easy mode. Not what I wanted. New experiment. Used shotgun+gloves only heavy. Proceeded to dominate half the enemy team. My questions are, why the hell don't you people use the shotgun. And why the hell do you play such an easy mode class. I have a third experiment relating to the new gloves when I get them. I'll update when that happens.

Somewhat related, when complaining about the pyro flames nerf, keep in mind that you have a shotgun. It is a tried and true weapon. Your flames are for residual damage, and to kill them as they flee. And spies. Curse spies.
    The heavy is meant to have a low skill ceiling, Easy to pick and easy to master, its meant for people who are new or arent good in FPS. Plus the fact that hes a huge slab of meat that can be easily headshoted or back stabed, But people still think theres candy in that gun of his.

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
    The heavy is meant to have a low skill ceiling, Easy to pick and easy to master, its meant for people who are new or arent good in FPS. Plus the fact that hes a huge slab of meat that can be easily headshoted or back stabed, But people still think theres candy in that gun of his.
    I would have said this, with the addition that you're quite good at TF2, Zach, and you know quite a bit about it, so you are probably naturally quite good at Heavy because it's a Meta Class.

Of course, I received this email yesterday which made me change my mind COMPLETELY:
    New comment on your post #12252 "skillvsmeta"
    Author : UR JUST DUMB (IP: <removed>)
    E-mail : <removed>
    URL :
    Whois : <removed>
    Comment:
    heavy is actually skill if u are smart dumb !%@$

You can see all comments on this post here:
    http://www.ubercharged.net/2010/09/0...meta/#comments

And yes. I do have his email address and his IP address.

I don't think I'm the "dumb !%@$".
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-10-02 at 11:31 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

30. - Top - End - #840

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    I had an experiment last night. I played heavy. Yep, Zach played heavy, it happened. First I started off with sacha as usual (for like a life) Went predictably. Too easy. It's like turning on easy mode. Not what I wanted. New experiment. Used shotgun+gloves only heavy. Proceeded to dominate half the enemy team. My questions are, why the hell don't you people use the shotgun. And why the hell do you play such an easy mode class.
    Let's not start this discussion again, m'kay? I have a variety of counter-arguments prepared, but they won't convince you, and you won't convince me. So, in difference to not starting another fight, please take your "I'm-to-good-to-play-a-Heavy" semi-elitism elsewhere, because I personally, as a Heavy player, and as a fairly above-average TF2 player, find it pretty offensive.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-10-02 at 11:40 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.