New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1475

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Flock is done, will have more on the antrho bugs soon, am awaiting reponses to some questions to finish the xenomorph drone.

Lemme know if you don't like any aspect of the gun template so far:

Winchester

Winchester is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any Aberration, Animal, Construct, Dragon, Giant, Humanoid, Magical Beast, Monstrous Humanoid, Plant, Undead, or Vermin.

"Gentlemen. We can rebuild him. We have the technology."

"But do we have the money?"

"Screw money, this is gonna be awesome!"

The life of a Tinker gnome is a hard thing. People don't respect OR fear you, so you're perceived as a bit of a doormat, You're also a bit lacking in Clerics sometimes, so casualties are high. That's when Grimble Smokentrausers decided to research just plain out rebuilding injured Gnomes with mechanical bits to replace the broken squishy ones. As usual, his idea got a bit out of hand. Today, the automatons he initially created (as well as their descendants) are known as Winchesters, after the family who used Grimbles services the most. Eventually he began installing weapons in them, because like the Gnomes, the Winchesters just seemed to piss a lot of people off.

Size and Type: Size is Unchanged, Type becomes Living Construct.

Hit Dice: Unchanged.

Speed: Unchanged.

Armor Class: Natural Armor Bonus increases by an amount equal to your Constitution Modifier (minimum of +1).

Attacks: Loses any attacks that the base creature possesses that are head based, such as bites, horns, gore, headbutts, etc. The Winchesters gun is generally implanted in it's head, so it foregoes using other head base attacks in order to preserve it.

Damage: Unchanged.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the base creature, plus gains one the following:

Model 870 (Ex): 870 series Winchesters have Strength as their highest physical stat. The Model 870 has a ranged Shot attack it can use as a Standard Action 5/day. This attack takes the form of a 20 ft. Cone, does 2d8 damage, and threatens a Critical on a 20.

Model 700 (Ex): 700 series Winchesters have Dexterity as their highest physical stat. The Model 700 has a ranged Sniper attack it can use as a Standard Action 5/day with a range increment of 100 ft. Damage is 2d10 on a successful hit, and it threatens a Critical on a 19-20.

Model S (Ex): S series Winchesters have Constitution as their highest physical stat. The Model S has a ranged Spray attack it can use as a Standard Action 5/day with a range increment of 70 ft. The Winchester targets a 10-foot-by-10-foot area and makes an attack roll; the targeted area has an effective AC of 10. If the attack succeeds, every creature within the affected area must make a Reflex save (DC 15) or take the attacks damage. Optionally it may be targeted at a single creature, doing 4d8 damage if it hits. Normally it does 2d8 damage and threatens a Critical on a 20.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the base creature, plus gains the following:

Damage Reduction (Ex): Winchesters gain DR (Constitution Modifier+1)/-, with a minimum of DR 1/-.

Rifleman (Ex): If the Winchester is succeeds n making an attack roll by 5 or more with it's Special Attack, or successfully confirms a Critical hit, it adds an Ability Modifier to the damage (Str for Model 870, Dex for Model 700, Con for Model S).

Saves: Gains a +2 Racial Bonus on Fortitude Saves.

Abilities: +4 to whichever of the three physical Ability Scores is highest (i.e. Str, Dex, Con), +2 Wis, -2 Cha.

Skills: Unchanged.

Feats: Unchanged.

Environment: Any.

Organization: Usually Soitary.

Challenge Rating: +2

Treasure: Unchanged.

Alignment: Usually changes to Neutral.

Advancement: Unchanged.

Level Adjustment: +3
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-10-29 at 06:47 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

A couple for SUper Dave:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abenaki...he_Present_Age

N-dam-keno-wet
    Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic)
    Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Swim 40 ft.
    Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
    Attack: Slam +2 melee (1d3+1)
    Full Attack: Slam +2 melee (1d3+1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: -
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Amphibious, Blindsense
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills: Hide +3, Knowledge (Nature) +0, Listen +2, Move Silently +3, Spot +2, Survival +2, Swim +9
    Feats: Stealthy, Improved Grapple (B)
    Environment: Temperate Aquatic
    Organization: Usually Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 1/2
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral
    Advancement: By Character Class
    Level Adjustment: +1

N-dam-keno-wet are horrifying mixtures of human and fish with small or slender faces and long hair. Very little in known about them, other than that they are generally not seen out of the water, and like to either molest or spy on bathing women.

Blindsense (Ex): An N-dam-keno-wet can locate creatures underwater within a 30-foot radius. This ability works only when the N-dam-keno-wet is underwater.

Skills: An N-dam-keno-wet has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Combat: To date the N-dam-keno-wet have not really participated in combat for the most part. They get a little grabby with the women folk every so often, ad one might even be so crazy as to try to pull one off to become his wife, but they generally flee when attacked.

http://www.native-languages.org/pukwudgie.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pukwudgie

http://demonhunterscompendium.blogsp...pukwudgie.html

Pukwudgie aka Pagwadjinini
    Tiny Fey
    Hit Dice: 10d6+20 (55 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 Size, +3 Dex, +2 Luck), touch 17, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/-5
    Attack: Shortbow +8 ranged (1d3/x3 plus poison)
    Full Attack: Shortbow +8 ranged (1d3/x3 plus poison)
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Poison Arrows, Control Ghost, Monstrous Form
    Special Qualities: Low Light Vision
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Skills: Bluff +12, Concentration +12, Hide +22, Knowledge (Arcana, Nature) +13, Listen +12, Move Silently +14, Search +13, Spot +13, Survival +13
    Feats: Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Spell-Like Ability Focus (any 2)
    Environment: Temperate Forest
    Organization: Solitary, Pair or Party (3-10)
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Alignment: Usually Neutral or neutral Evil
    Advancement: By Character Class (usually a caster)
    Level Adjustment: ---

Pukwudjies are diminutive Fey that occasionally haunt or otherwise prank the Algonquians. If described at all (they usually go unseen), the Pukwudgies are 2' tall humans with enlarged noses, fingers and ears. Their skin is smooth and grey, and occasionally gives off a soft glow. They give off a sweet odor similar to flowers. Some describe their appearance as more bestial, but their shapeshifting abilities probably account for that. Some stories claim they wear clothes made of leaves, bark and other plant materials. Their stories vary wildly, so DM's may wish to substitute spells of the same level for their SLA's. Originally they tried to aid the Wampanoag tribesmen, but after their efforts backfired they decided to murder and torment them instead. In addition to their normal bows they also carry flint knives, short spears, and bags of sand to blind people with.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At Will: Alter Self, Animate Fire, Greater Invisibility, Produce Flame

3/Day: Confusion, Eyebite, Flashburst (no range, centered on Pukwudgie), Modify Memory

1/Day: Polymorph (Self only)

Poison Arrows (Su): Arrows fired by the Pukwudgie are poisoned as if by a Toxic Weapon spell.

Control Ghost (Su): Humanoids killed by a Pukwudgie rise as a ghost called a Tei-Pai-Wankas under the control og the Pukwudgie who killed them. A Pukwudgie can control a maximum of 2 HD worth of Tei-Pai-Wankas per caster level (which is 10 if they have not taken more than 10 Levels in a casting class.

Monstrous Form (Su): Once per day the Pukwudgie may assume a Monstrous Form for 1 round per Hit Die. From the back they resemble a gigantic porcupine, and from the front they resemble some sort of hideous troll. Stats for the Monstrous Form are detailed below.

Combat: Pukwudgies generally don't fight fair. Either they blind their foes with sand before doing horrible things to him, enthrall him with their ghost servants, or snipe invisibly with poison. If truly angered they will fight in their Monstrous Form.

Pukwudgie Monstrous Form
    Large Fey
    Hit Dice: 10d6+20 (55 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 19 (-1 Size, +2 Dex, +8 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+15
    Attack: Claw +10 melee (1d6+6)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +10 melee (1d6+6) and bite +5 melee (1d6+3)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Control Ghost
    Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Spiny Defense
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +9, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Skills: Bluff +12, Concentration +12, Hide +22, Knowledge (Arcana, Nature) +13, Listen +12, Move Silently +14, Search +13, Spot +13, Survival +13
    Feats: Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Spell-Like Ability Focus (any 2)

Spiny Defense (Ex): Opponents who attempt to attack the Pukwudgie from any direction but the front with a Natural Weapon, Unarmed Strike, or Grapple must make a DC 21 Reflex Save or take 1d6 plus their own Str Modifier in damage (Save DC is Con based).

Tei-Pai-Wankas

Tei-Pai-Wankas is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any deceased Humanoid.

Size and Type: Size changes to Small, and Type changes to Undead with the Incorporeal Subtype.

Hit Dice: Recalculate due to loss of Con, and because Hit Dice change to d12's.

Speed: Loses all Movement types and gains Fly 50 ft. (Perfect).

Armor Class: Loses all Bonuses to Armor Class other than Dexterity, and gains a Deflection Bonus to AC equal to it's Dexterity Bonus.

Attacks: Loses all attacks requiring a physical form.

Damage: Loses all attacks requiring a physical form.

Special Attacks: Loses all Special Attacks of the base creature, but gains the following:

Spell-Like Abilities: At Will: Beckon Person, Ghost Sound, Hypnotism, Lullaby

3/day: Beckon Monster

Special Qualities: Loses all Special Attacks of the base creature, but gains the following:

Natural Invisibility (Ex): A startled or frightened Tei-Pai-Wankas can extinguish its glow, effectively becoming invisible as the spell.

Rejuvenation (Su): In most cases, it’s difficult to destroy a Tei-Pai-Wankas through simple combat: The "destroyed" spirit will often restore itself in 2d4 days. Even the most powerful spells are usually only temporary solutions. A Tei-Pai-Wankas that would otherwise be destroyed returns to its old haunts with a successful level check (1d20 + Tei-Pai-Wankas' HD) against DC 16. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a Tei-Pai-Wankas for sure is to destroy the Pukwudgie who killed them.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A Tei-Pai-Wankas has +4 turn resistance.

Mimicry (Ex): A Tei-Pai-Wankas can perfectly mimic any sound or voice it or it's master has heard.

Saves: Saves should be recalculated.

Abilities: Being an Incorporeal Undead the Tei-Pai-Wankas have no Str or Con Scores. +10 Dex, +4 Cha.

Skills: Loses all skills and skill points are recalculated. new 'class' skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Listen, Move Silently, Search and Spot. Tei-Pai-Wankas have a +4 Racial Bonus to Bluff, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks.

Feats: Feats are rechosen.

Environment: Any

Organization: 1 or more depending on how many people their master has killed.

Challenge Rating: -4

Treasure: None

Alignment: Neutral

Advancement: Cannot advance in Level or Hit Dice.

Level Adjustment:
    ---
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-12-18 at 08:42 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Since there is no "faciing' in either Pathfinder or 3.5 (I mentioned this in the other thread), Spiny Defense needs to be edited. Also, it strikes me that the bags of sand need to be added to the attack lines. This should be a thrown weapon with a range of 10 feet. It probably doesn't cause a lot of damage (1 point of damage is sufficient) but targets are blinded for 1 round.

Also the ghosts need to lose their their Class levels if they have any, otherwise there's a good chance the Pukwudgie couldn't control it. I suggest the following change:

Hit Dice: Drop any Hit Dice from class levels (to a minimum of 1), double the number of Hit Dice left, and raise them to d12s.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-29 at 06:13 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

The Pukwudgie can control 20 hit dice of ghost, and he probably isn't going to go after a PC more powerful than himself. So he can have twenty 1HD commoners, or a handful of more powerful ghosts. What option he pursues probably depends on hisneeds, but in most cases he's not facing anything with more than a few levels other than PC's.

I know there's no such thing as facing, the rule is meant specifically for this beast.
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Anthro vermin template s done, xenomorph template is done other than CR and LA.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

I've noticed a lot of my older entries could be better, so I'm math checking them, re-jiggering the fluff and CR, and reposting them here: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page and at minmax (just do a search for 'Bhu' to find my pages). Some of them are too old to edit here.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-10-12 at 05:40 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I've noticed a lot of my older entries could be better, so I'm math checking them, re-jiggering the fluff and CR, and reposting them here: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page and at minmax (just do a search for 'Bhu' to find my pages). Some of them are too old to edit here.
    *Sigh*...

You refluffed all of the displacer monsters, and you STILL didn't add a swallow whole. Seriously, that thing is just begging for swallow whole. Even freaking DRAGONS have a feat that allows them to use swallow whole!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Threads made due to my misreading of a rule: 2

One of my favorite hobbies is criticizing popular members and moderators for anything they do wrong. So nothing personal.

I know I promised to stat a lot of things, but my life got busy and, well, my life got busy. I'm not very active on the forum for now, but I will be fulfilling my promises later.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

There's an argument ongoing that they're too weak for cr listed os i may be adding stuff to spice em up.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Winchester and Xenomorph Drone are done. My apologies for the delays I've had some medical problems, chief among them passing a kidney stone.

Xenomorph Soldier

Xenomorph Soldier is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any creature with the Xenomorph Drone Template that has Advanced Hit Dice. As the Drone grows older it undergoes some minor bodily changes. This represents the Xenomorphs from the second and further Aliens films. It has grown at least a foot taller, lost the smooth carapace upon it's skull, and the stinger on it's tail is now more of a blade.

Size and Type: Size Category increaseses by one.

Speed: All Movement modes increase by +10 ft. If the Base Creature has no Swim speed, and has a physique that would support the ability to swim, it gains a Swim speed equal to it's land speed.

Armor Class: The base creature's Natural Armor Bonus increases by +4.

Attacks: The tail becomes tipped with less of a stinger and more of a blade, doing slashing damage instead of piercing.

Damage: The Tail attack does 1d8 for Medium Xenomorphs, 2d6 for Large Xenomorphs, and 2d8 for Huge Xenomorphs. Otherwise damage remains unchanged.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the base creature, plus gains the following:

Enhanced Pharyngeal Jaws (Ex): When using it's Pharyngeal Jaws attack, the Xenomorph only needs to maintain the Pin for 2 rounds before it's opponent must make a Saving Throw.

Enhanced Acid Defense (Ex): If the Xenomorph is ever requires to make a Save to avoid Death by Massive Damage, or takes a total of 50% of it's maximum hit points in a single round, it must make a DC 20 Fortitude Save or rupture, spraying acid. When they die, other creatures in their square or adjacent squares have to make a Reflex Saving Throw (Save DC is Con based) or take 3d6 Acid damage for 1d6 rounds.

Spit (Ex): Some Xenomorphs (it varies with host species) can spit a slightly less potent version of their acid as a Ranged attack. It has a Range Increment of 30 ft., with a maximum range of 60 ft. Damage is 2d6 for 1d4 rounds, and opponents can make a Reflex Save (Save DC is Con based) for half damage. opponents who fail the Save by 5 or more are permanently blinded.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the base creature, plus gains the following:

Damage Reduction (Ex): Soldiers gain DR 3/-.

Saves: Unchanged.

Abilities: Base Creature is Medium:+4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis. Base Creature is Large:+8 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis. Base Creature is Huge:+8 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis.

Skills: Soldiers have a +8 Racial Bonus to Swim Checks, and may always Take 10 on a Swim Check.

Environment: Unchanged.

Organization: Unchanged.

Challenge Rating:
    +2

Alignment: Unchanged.

Level Adjustment: N/A, Xenomorphs are not PC's.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-12-19 at 05:20 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Orc in the Playground

How about a template that makes something into a teenage mutant ninja?

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    How about a template that makes something into a teenage mutant ninja?
    Anthropomorphic template + turtle?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

you has given me...a freakerish idea...
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Teenage Mutant Ninja

Teenage Mutant Ninja is an Inherited Template that can be applied to any Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid.

Size and Type: Size is unchanged, Type becomes Aberration.

Armor Class: Gains a +6 Dodge Bonus to AC (this stacks with other Dodge Bonuses.

Attacks: The base creature gains an Unarmed Strike attack if it does not already have one.

Damage: Damage of the TMN's Unarmed Strike is equal to a Monk whose Class Level is the same as the base creature's Hit Dice.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the base creature, plus gains the following:

Two Handed Butt Kickin' (Ex): When fighting with two weapons (or a double weapon), the TMN takes no penalty for the primary hand, and only a -2 for the off hand. This does not stack with Feats that would lower these penalties.

Flurry of Blows (Ex): This is identical to the Monk ability of the same name, and the base creatures Hit Dice are considered Monk Levels for purposes of determining this abilities effects.

Spider Climb (Ex): A TMN can climb sheer surfaces as though with a Spider Climb spell.

AC Bonus (Ex): Identical to the Monk ability of the same name. The base creature's Hit Dice are considered Monk Levels for purposes of determining the bonus to AC.

Evasion (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability of the same name.

Improved Evasion (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability of the same name.

Trapfinding (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability of the same name.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability of the same name.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability of the same name.

Forever Young (Ex): The TMN no longer suffers age related penalties or effects, even magical ones.

Abilities: Str +4, Dex +6, Con +4, Cha +4

Skills: Teenage Mutant Ninjas have a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Tumble checks. In addition they become proficient with all Simple and Martial Weapons.

Feats: Teenage Mutant Ninjas gain Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, and Lightning Reflexes, assuming the base creature meets the prerequisites and doesn’t already have these feats.

Environment: Unchanged

Organization: Unchanged

Treasure: Unchanged

Alignment: Cannot be Lawful.

Advancement: Unchanged

Level Adjustment: +8
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-11-10 at 06:45 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spider Climb (Ex): A vampire can climb sheer surfaces as though with a Spider Climb spell.
    Little copy-paste error there.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Happy early Thanksgiving!

Turkey
    Small Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 3d10+6 (22 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Climb 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 19 (+1 Size, +8 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-1
    Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4)
    Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4)
    Special Attacks: -
    Special Qualities: Low-light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft., Scent
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 5
    Skills: Balance +5, Climb +5, Hide +5, Listen +2, Spot +2, Swim +5
    Feats: Improved Toughness, Iron Will
    Environment: Temperate or Warm Swamp or Forests
    Organization: Solitary or Troop (5-10)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 4-6 HD (Small); 7-12 HD (Medium)

"That ain't no bird..."

Turkeys are an unholy combination of Turtle and Monkey, and resemble scaly monkeys with a somewhat reptilian face and hard shell. Not particularly strong or fast, few people find them threatening, and their existence is contributed to a combination of whiskey and access to the same magics that created the Owlbear. They have found a niche in Kara-Tur, where rampant superstition has led to all sorts of weird stories about them. They're vampires. They can pull your soul out from your butt. They are raging cucumber addicts with supernatural kung-fu powers.

Seriously, it's a wonder anyone ever visits that country. Those people have issues.

Skills: Turkeys have a +4 Racial Bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim Checks.

Combat: Turkeys are fairly non-aggressive, unless you approach them suddenly or go near their eggs. Or live in Kara-Tur. They love messin' with people in Kara-Tur.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-11-29 at 01:32 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.native-languages.org/stifflegged.htm

Naked Bear
    Huge Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 15d10+90 (172 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 4 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 20 (-2 Size, +12 Natural), touch 8, flat-footed 20
    Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+34
    Attack: Claw +24 melee (2d6+11)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +24 melee (2d6+11) and 1 Bite +19 melee (3d8+5/19-20)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Trackless Step, DR 15/Weak Spot
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 32, Dex 11, Con 23, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 16
    Skills: Listen +7, Spot +7, Survival +7, Swim +15
    Feats: Endurance, Improved Critical (Bite), Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Run, Track
    Environment: Temperate Forest
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Alignment: Neutral (possibly Neutral Evil)
    Advancement: 16-30 HD (Huge), 31-45 HD (Gargantuan)

This horrifying monster is known by many names, The Penobscot call him Gici Awas (Hairless Bear), and claim his fur fell out a a result of eating human flesh. The Cree call him Kat****uashku, or Stiff-Legged Bear. The Creek call him Atipa-tcopa (Big Man-Eater). The Iroquois know him as Nyah-gwaheh (Great Bear), while the Lenape know him as Yakwawi'ak. In some cases the Naked Bear is unique, in others it is a group of man-eating monsters. In most cases they are enormous, hairless bears, with oversized heads and stiff legs. They are tireless man-eaters who will consume entire tribes if not caught, and in most stories are invulnerable to human weapons, other than the soles of their feet.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a Naked Bear must hit an opponent of up to one size smaller with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a Grapple as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If it wins the Grapple Check, it establishes a hold and does it's bite damage each round.

Trackless Step (Ex): If it chooses to the Naked Bear leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked by non-magical means.

Damage Reduction (Ex): In many of the myths the Naked or Stiff-Legged Bear is immune to human weaponry, except for arrows shot into the soles of it's feet. To simulate this, it has DR 15/- that does not work against confirmed Critical hits or attacks that purposefully target this weak spot. Opponents can make a DC 25 Knowledge (Arcana) check to know what the Naked Bear's Weak Spot is. They may then take a -x Penalty on their attack roll to target the Weak Spot.

Skills: Naked Bears have a +4 Racial Bonus Survival Checks made for tracking, and Swim Checks.

Combat: Naked Bears are not subtle beings by nature. They head directly into the fray and begin lashing out for all they're worth.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-12-18 at 08:46 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.native-languages.org/swamp-woman.htm

http://www.mythicalcreatureslist.com...ure/Pskegdemus

Pskegdemus
    Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic)
    Hit Dice: 9d8+9 (49 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Swim 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +6 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+11
    Attack: Slam +11 melee (1d4+2)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +11 melee (1d4+2)
    Special Attacks: Cry of Distress, Deadly Touch, Mental Hold, Frightful Moan
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Amphibious
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 19
    Skills: Bluff +5, Concentration +5, Craft or Knowledge (any one) +5, Hide +5, Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Search +5, Spot +5, Swim +10
    Feats: Ability Focus (Deadly Touch), Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment), Spell Focus (Enchantment)
    Environment: Temperate Swamp
    Organization: Unique
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Alignment: Neutral (Neutral Evil if actively malevolent)
    Advancement: 10+ HD

Cry of Distress (Su): As a Standard Action the Pskegdemus may sound a sorrowful wail, that sounds like a woman in great pain or distress. Any living Humanoid child or heterosexual male within 120' must make a DC 18 Willpower Save (Save DC is Wisdom based) or attempt to find and comfort the source of the wail. This is a Mind-Affecting Compulsion effect, which the potential victim must be able to hear. As it is a play upon sympathy, and has it's worst effects upon those who can feel empathy for a suffering being, Good-Aligned beings get a -2 Penalty on their Save. The affected will search until he finds the source of the cry, regardless of how dangerous the terrain becomes. This effect may be removed by Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Miracle, Wish, or similar spells. Even if rescued the victim has a permanent -2 Penalty to Saves against future uses of the Cry (multiple failures do not cause penalties to stack). Men who suffer this penalty are obsessed with the Pskegdemus, and will never take a wife, still hoping to one day find her.

Mental Hold (Su): Pskegdemus may cast spells as a Sorcerer whose Caster Level equals her Hit Dice, but only against those who have failed to Save against her Cry of Distress ability. In addition she is limited to spells from the Enchantment and Illusion schools (except for Level 0). Sample spell list as follows:

0: (6/day, DC 15) Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Touch of Fatigue, Unnerving Gaze (Book of Vile Darkness), Vengeful Mount (Dragon Magazine 326)
    1st: (7/day, DC 16)Dead End (Spell Compendium), Distract Assailant (Complete Adventurer), Serene Visage (Spell Compendium), Silent Image, Ventriloquism
    2nd: (7/day, DC 17)Delusions of Grandeur (Spell Compendium), Invisibility, Misdirection, Reflective Disguise (Spell Compendium)
    3rd: (7/day, DC 18) Major Image, Sensory Deprivation (Spell Compendium), Suggestion
    4th: (5/day, DC 19) Charm Monster, Hallucinatory Terrain

Note that I chose the spells I felt were most thematically appropriate. If you do not have the books these spells are listed in or can't find online, substitute any spell of the appropriate Level from the Enchantment or Illusion schools.

Frightful Moan (Su): Pskegdemus can emit a Frightful Moan as a Standard Action. All living creatures within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a DC 18 Willpower Save or become Panicked for 2d4 rounds (Save DC is Charisma based). This is a Sonic Mind-Affecting Fear Effect. A creature that successfully saves against the Moan cannot be affected by it for 24 hours.

Deadly Touch (Su): Any child that touches, or is touched by, the Pskegdemus must make a DC 20 Willpower Save or die (Save DC is Charisma based). Even if the Save is successful they still take 3d6 damage. The child must make this Saving Throw each round they remain in contact with the Pskegdemus. A child is defined as any living Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid that has not reached the age of Adulthood listed for it's race.

Pskegdemus (ghost variant)
    Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
    Hit Dice: 9d12 (58 hp)
    Speed: Fly 30 ft. (6 squares), Perfect
    Armor Class: 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Deflection), touch 17, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/-
    Attack: Touch +7 melee touch (see below)
    Full Attack: Touch +7 melee touch (see below)
    Special Attacks: Cry of Distress, Deadly Touch, Mental Hold, Frightful Moan, Manifestation
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Rejuvenation, +4 Turn Resistance
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +7
    Abilities: Str -, Dex 16, Con -, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 19
    Skills: Bluff +16, Concentration +13, Craft or Knowledge (any one) +13, Hide +13, Listen +13, Move Silently +13, Search +12, Spot +13
    Feats: Ability Focus (Deadly Touch), Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment), Spell Focus (Enchantment)
    Alignment: Neutral (Neutral Evil if actively malevolent)
    Advancement: 10+HD

Cry of Distress (Su): As a Standard Action the Pskegdemus may sound a sorrowful wail, that sounds like a woman in great pain or distress. Any living Humanoid child or heterosexual male within 120' must make a DC 18 Willpower Save (Save DC is Wisdom based) or attempt to find and comfort the source of the wail. This is a Mind-Affecting Compulsion effect, which the potential victim must be able to hear. As it is a play upon sympathy, and has it's worst effects upon those who can feel empathy for a suffering being, Good-Aligned beings get a -2 Penalty on their Save. The affected will search until he finds the source of the cry, regardless of how dangerous the terrain becomes. This effect may be removed by Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Miracle, Wish, or similar spells. Even if rescued the victim has a permanent -2 Penalty to Saves against future uses of the Cry (multiple failures do not cause penalties to stack). Men who suffer this penalty are obsessed with the Pskegdemus, and will never take a wife, still hoping to one day find her.

Mental Hold (Su): Pskegdemus may cast spells as a Sorcerer whose Caster Level equals her Hit Dice, but only against those who have failed to Save against her Cry of Distress ability. In addition she is limited to spells from the Enchantment and Illusion schools (except for Level 0). Sample spell list as follows:

0: (6/day, DC 15) Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Touch of Fatigue, Unnerving Gaze (Book of Vile Darkness), Vengeful Mount (Dragon Magazine 326)
    1st: (7/day, DC 16)Dead End (Spell Compendium), Distract Assailant (Complete Adventurer), Serene Visage (Spell Compendium), Silent Image, Ventriloquism
    2nd: (7/day, DC 17)Delusions of Grandeur (Spell Compendium), Invisibility, Misdirection, Reflective Disguise (Spell Compendium)
    3rd: (7/day, DC 18) Major Image, Sensory Deprivation (Spell Compendium), Suggestion
    4th: (5/day, DC 19) Charm Monster, Hallucinatory Terrain

Note that I chose the spells I felt were most thematically appropriate. If you do not have the books these spells are listed in or can't find online, substitute any spell of the appropriate Level from the Enchantment or Illusion schools.

Frightful Moan (Su): Pskegdemus can emit a Frightful Moan as a Standard Action. All living creatures within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a DC 18 Willpower Save or become Panicked for 2d4 rounds (Save DC is Charisma based). This is a Sonic Mind-Affecting Fear Effect. A creature that successfully saves against the Moan cannot be affected by it for 24 hours.

Deadly Touch (Su): Any child that touches, or is touched by, the Pskegdemus must make a DC 20 Willpower Save or die (Save DC is Charisma based). Even if the Save is successful they still take 3d6 damage. The child must make this Saving Throw each round they remain in contact with the Pskegdemus. A child is defined as any living Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid that has not reached the age of Adulthood listed for it's race.

Manifestation (Su): Every ghost has this ability. A ghost dwells on the Ethereal Plane and, as an ethereal creature, it cannot affect or be affected by anything in the material world. When a ghost manifests, it partly enters the Material Plane and becomes visible but incorporeal on the Material Plane. A manifested ghost can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons, or spells, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. A manifested ghost can pass through solid objects at will, and its own attacks pass through armor. A manifested ghost always moves silently. A manifested ghost can strike with its touch attack or with a ghost touch weapon (see Ghostly Equipment, below). A manifested ghost remains partially on the Ethereal Plane, where is it not incorporeal. A manifested ghost can be attacked by opponents on either the Material Plane or the Ethereal Plane. The ghost’s incorporeality helps protect it from foes on the Material Plane, but not from foes on the Ethereal Plane.

When a spellcasting ghost is not manifested and is on the Ethereal Plane, its spells cannot affect targets on the Material Plane, but they work normally against ethereal targets. When a spellcasting ghost manifests, its spells continue to affect ethereal targets and can affect targets on the Material Plane normally unless the spells rely on touch. A manifested ghost’s touch spells don’t work on non-ethereal targets.

A ghost has two home planes, the Material Plane and the Ethereal Plane. It is not considered Extraplanar when on either of these planes.

Rejuvenation (Ex): In most cases, it’s difficult to destroy a ghost through simple combat: The "destroyed" spirit will often restore itself in 2d4 days. Even the most powerful spells are usually only temporary solutions. A ghost that would otherwise be destroyed returns to its old haunts with a successful level check (1d20 + ghost’s HD) against DC 16. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a ghost for sure is to determine the reason for its existence and set right whatever prevents it from resting in peace. The exact means varies with each spirit and may require a good deal of research. It is unknown what, if anything, would satisfy Pskegdemus. All she wants is a child, and her touch is invariably fatal to them.

Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os
    Tiny Outsider (Evil, Native, Shapeshifter)
    Hit Dice: 9d8+18 (58 hp)
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Swim 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 Size, +2 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/-2
    Attack: -
    Full Attack: -
    Special Attacks: Cry of Distress, Deadly Touch, Mental Hold, Frightful Moan
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Alternate Form, Amphibious
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 4, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 20
    Skills: Bluff +12, Concentration +12, Craft or Knowledge (any three) +12, Hide +12, Listen +12, Move Silently +12, Search +12, Spot +12, Survival +15, Swim +15
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 10+ HD

Cry of Distress (Su): As a Standard Action the Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os may sound a sorrowful wail, that sounds like a woman in great pain or distress. Any living Humanoid child or heterosexual male within 120' must make a DC 18 Willpower Save (Save DC is Wisdom based) or attempt to find and comfort the source of the wail. This is a Mind-Affecting Compulsion effect, which the potential victim must be able to hear. As it is a play upon sympathy, and has it's worst effects upon those who can feel empathy for a suffering being, Good-Aligned beings get a -2 Penalty on their Save. The affected will search until he finds the source of the cry, regardless of how dangerous the terrain becomes. This effect may be removed by Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Miracle, Wish, or similar spells. Even if rescued the victim has a permanent -2 Penalty to Saves against future uses of the Cry (multiple failures do not cause penalties to stack). Men who suffer this penalty are obsessed with the Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os, and will never take a wife, still hoping to one day find her.

Mental Hold (Su): Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os may cast spells as a Sorcerer whose Caster Level equals her Hit Dice, but only against those who have failed to Save against her Cry of Distress ability. In addition she is limited to spells from the Enchantment and Illusion schools (except for Level 0). Sample spell list as follows:

0: (6/day, DC 16) Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Touch of Fatigue, Unnerving Gaze (Book of Vile Darkness), Vengeful Mount (Dragon Magazine 326)
    1st: (8/day, DC 17)Dead End (Spell Compendium), Distract Assailant (Complete Adventurer), Serene Visage (Spell Compendium), Silent Image, Ventriloquism
    2nd: (7/day, DC 18)Delusions of Grandeur (Spell Compendium), Invisibility, Misdirection, Reflective Disguise (Spell Compendium)
    3rd: (7/day, DC 19) Major Image, Sensory Deprivation (Spell Compendium), Suggestion
    4th: (5/day, DC 20) Charm Monster, Hallucinatory Terrain

Frightful Moan (Su): Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os can emit a Frightful Moan as a Standard Action. All living creatures within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a DC 18 Willpower Save or become Panicked for 2d4 rounds (Save DC is Charisma based). This is a Sonic Mind-Affecting Fear Effect. A creature that successfully saves against the Moan cannot be affected by it for 24 hours.

Deadly Touch (Su): Any child that touches, or is touched by, the Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os must make a DC 20 Willpower Save or die (Save DC is Charisma based). Even if the Save is successful they still take 3d6 damage. The child must make this Saving Throw each round they remain in contact with the Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os. A child is defined as any living Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid that has not reached the age of Adulthood listed for it's race.

Alternate Form (Ex): This works like the ability listed in the Monster Manual, but unlike normal the Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os can only appear as a Partridge (Diminutive or Tiny bird) or a Medium Sized Humanoid female.

The Pskegdemus is a hard creature to pin down. It is either a hag, or a ghost, or a demonic woman who haunts the Abenaki (who call her M-ska-gwe-demoos) and Penobscot peoples (also known as Skwakowtemus among the Passamaquody). She dresses in moss and bark, and makes mournful cries from the nearby swamps. While these cries seem to have no effect on women, men are attracted to them. Should a man show or feel any sympathy towards these cries he will wander the swamp till he dies looking for Pskegdemus until he dies. Even if rescued, he will never marry or take a human woman, as they can never meet his supernatural ideal. He will have to be restrained from pursuing the demon the rest of his life. Children of both genders are susceptible to her cries as well (indeed, they are the main target). In some stories the Pskegdemus is well intentioned and lonely, and in some it is a purposeful murderer of children. Either way, the lured child dies the moment her hands touch it.

She is also known to the Abenaki as Maski-mon-gwe-zo-os, a toad spirit who seduces men and children, and appears as a partridge or a woman dressed in moss and bark.

Combat: Regardless of which version you use, the swamp Woman's primary motivation is to lure children to herself, whether she is desperate for one to hold, or simply wishes to eat them. Either way, given her touch they all die the same. in legends in which she is also a seductress, she will call men to their deaths, or perhaps in hopes that one may conceive a child with her (which will likely be stillborn). as she has no real offensive powers she uses misdirection after gaining a mental hold upon someone to lure him into his death in the swamp. Against those she cannot bring under her spell (which pretty much includes all women0 she simply runs and hides.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2015-01-27 at 07:50 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.native-languages.org/more.../stoneclad.htm

http://books.google.com/books?id=jWd...onster&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=9IO...onster&f=false

http://www.texascherokees.org/stonecoat.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nun%27Yunu%27Wi

http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Le...-Cherokee.html

Stoneclad
    Medium Outsider (Earth, Evil, Native)
    Hit Dice: 12d8+96 (150 hp)
    Initiative: -1
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 22 (-1 Dex, +13 Natural), touch 9, flat-footed 22
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+21
    Attack: Cane +24 melee (1d8+12) or Awl Finger +21 melee (1d6+9)
    Full Attack: Cane +24/+19/+14 melee (1d8+12) or Awl Finger +21 melee (1d6+9)
    Special Attacks: Spellcasting, Horrible Smell, Giant
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., DR 20/-, Cane, Energy Resistance 20 (Fire, Cold), SR 21, Vulnerability, Ritual Death
    Saves: Fort +16, Ref +7, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 28, Dex 8, Con 26, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Skills: Concentration +18, Craft (any 3) +13, Heal +13, Knowledge (Arcana, Geography, History, Local, Nature, Religion) +14, Listen +13, Search +13, Spellcraft +13, Spot +13, Survival +13
    Feats: Brew Potion, Craft Rod, Craft Wondrous Item, Greater Spell Penetration, Spell Penetration
    Environment: Warm Hills or Mountains
    Organization: Unique (Solitary in some stories)
    Challenge Rating: 12
    Treasure: Standard, see below
    Advancement: 13+ HD (Medium)

Stoneclad (also called Dressed in Stone or Nunyunuwi among other names) is either a single entity or a race of entities. In some stories he is similar to the Stonecoats, and in others he is a unique monster whose death gives magic to the Cherokee people. In some stories he is also the husband or rival of Utlunta, aka Spear-Finger, a hideous witch in a stone dress. In some he is the male side of a dual entity, with Spear-Finger being the female half. He is generally regarded as a nearly invulnerable cannibalistic monster who hunts men with the aid of a magic cane that sniffs them out, before bludgeoning them to death with it and opening them up with his finger to eat them. His size varies from that of a Giant in the stories to being a normal human being.

Spellcasting: Stoneclad casts spells as a Druid whose Caster Level equals his Hit Dice. In addition he also adds the following spells to his Spell List: Doom, Bestow Curse, Blindness/Deafness, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Remove Paralysis. A Sample prepared spell list follows:

0: Detect Magic x2, Guidance x2, Resistance x2

1st: Charm Animal, Hide from Animals, Obscuring Mist, Pass Without Trace, Speak with Animals

2nd: Hold Animal. Lesser Restoration, Owl's Wisdom, Resist Energy

3rd: Bestow Curse, Blindness/Deafness Contagion, Meld into Stone

4th: Dispel Magic x2, Scrying

5th: Baleful Polymorph, Summon Natures Ally V x2

6th: Stone Tell, Wall of Stone

Horrible Smell (Ex): All living creatures within 30 feet of Stoneclad must succeed on a DC 24 Fortitude save or be Sickened for 10 rounds. The save DC is Constitution-based. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the stench for 24 hours. A Delay Poison or Neutralize Poison spell removes the effect from the Sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.

Giant (Su): As a Standard Action Stoneclad may also change his Size Category to Gargantuan. In Gargantuan form he has the following stats:

Initiative: -3
    Armor Class: 25 (-3 Dex, -4 Size, +22 Natural), touch 3, flat-footed 25
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+45
    Attack: Cane +32 melee (2d6+24) or Awl Finger +29 melee (1d8+21)
    Full Attack: Cane +32/+27/+22 melee (2d6+24) or Awl Finger +29 melee (1d8+21)
    Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
    Saves: Fort +22, Ref +5, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 52, Dex 4, Con 38, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Horrible Smell Save DC increases to DC 30

Cane: Stoneclad carries an Adolanstvi, a cane or staff made of bright, shining rock. In addition to action as a +3 Heavy Mace, it has a handful of other abilities. Once per round as a Movement Action, the wielder can order the staff to sniff out the nearest source of food (which is any living being in the case of Stoneclad). He can specify by Type and Subtype what kind of being he is searching for, and it will give him the direction it lies in. If the subject sought is within one mile the cane will say it is "near", and over a mile is "far". If it is within 100 ft, the cane will says it is "close". Additionally, as a Standard Action the cane's wielder may drop it to form a magical stone bridge. The bridge is 10 ft. wide, and it's length varies (5 ft. per Hit Dice of the wielder). The myths mention it can be fashioned into other objects as well, but lack specifics.

Vulnerability: In the myths Stoneclad cannot stand either the sight, or in some cases the smell, or virgin women who are undergoing their menstruation. It not only makes him ill, it can conceivably kill him. When within 30 ft. of a Humanoid woman who meets these prerequisites he takes 2 points of temporary Constitution damage per round. Normally going to 0 would kill him, but if the DM is using the Ritual Death option listed below he merely loses consciousness for 1 hour.

Ritual Death: In most of the myths an elaborate ritual is required to pin down and kill Stoneclad once he has been reduced to 0 Constitution via virginal women. Once he goes to 0 Con his Damage Reduction and Energy Resistance fail, and he may be pinned to the ground with seven stakes made from sourwood (or in one case he is impaled on his own cane, in another the "seven sacred woods of our people"). Then wood is piled high over him and he is set fire to (possibly with a shaman singing an accompanying ritual chant), and he burns until dawn. In some myths he reveals magic to whoever is listening as he sings his death song, and in others his body leaves behind magical substances for use by the tribe: A large quartz crystal (which is usually snatched up by a shaman), and gobs of red paint or clay. Those who adorn themselves with this paint and sing Stoneclads song gain a one time use of the wish spell (usually for luck in something or increased skill). The crystal is his heart, and must be hidden from menstruating women to keep it's power. It is usually surrounded my magical traps or talismans. Usually it is a simple divination device, but in one version of the myth a weekly sacrifice of human blood must be made to it, or Stoneclad's spirit will become restless and manifest itself and find more direct ways to quench it's thirst. But if the proper sacrifices were made it's spirit could be consulted, among other things. In one version his body breaks up into stones that can be used to scry and foretell the future.

Combat: Despite his array of magic, Stoneclad prefers to fight physically, beating people to death with his staff. As a backup, he has one forefinger on his right hand shaped like an awl or spear that he can use if disarmed. After the battle he uses it to open up victims to procure their blood and livers.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-12-18 at 08:49 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spearfinger

http://www.manataka.org/page261.html

http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Le...-Cherokee.html

http://paranormalstories.blogspot.co...earfinger.html

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~wetz0025/tsal...heon/nonhuman/

Spearfinger
    Medium Outsider (Earth, Evil, Native, Shapeshifter)
    Hit Dice: 12d8+84 (138 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Climb 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 23 (+13 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 23
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+21
    Attack: Claw +22 melee touch (1d8+13/19-20) or Rock +21 ranged (3d8+9)
    Full Attack: Claw +22 melee touch (1d8+13/19-20) or Rock +21 ranged (3d8+9)
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Claw, Extract Liver, Frightful Presence, Rock Throwing
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., DR 20/Weak Spot, Energy Resistance 20 (Fire, Cold), SR 21, Shapeshift, Heavy Step, Hard Skinned, Meld Stone
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref +8, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 28, Dex 10, Con 24, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Skills: Bluff +10, Climb +17, Concentration +7, Craft (any 2) +5, Diplomacy +10, Disguise +10, Hide +8, Jump +9, Knowledge (Arcana, Geography, Nature) +5, Listen +3, Move Silently +7, Search +8, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +3, Spot +8, Survival +8
    Feats: Brutal Throw, Improved Critical (Claw), Point Blank Shot, Power Critical (Claw), Weapon Focus (Claw)
    Environment: Warm Hills or Mountains
    Challenge Rating: 12
    Treasure: Staandard
    Advancement: 13+ HD (Medium)

Spearfinger, or Un'tlun'ta, is a hideous ogre witch with a stone crust covering her body, and a long finger on her right hand with a tip like a spear or awl. She inhabits the same mountain range as Stoneclad, and is said to be his rival (though in some versions they are married, or are opposite genders of one dual being). Stoneclad ate the hunters, while she used her abilities at shapeshifting to sneak into the homes of the Cherokee and eat the livers of their children. She is especially hated, as she uses her shapeshifting to impersonate her victims, and slowly eliminate entire families.

Spell-Like Abilities: At Will: Meld Into Stone, Stone Shape

3/Day: Greater Stone Shape, Wall of Stone

Claw (Ex): Attacks made with Spearfingers claw are considered melee touch attacks, and ignore DR.

Extract Liver (Su): As a Swift Action Spearfinger may stab a victim who is Flat-Footed or unaware of her presence in the back of the neck with the finger of her right hand. The victim must make a DC 25 Fortitude Save (Save DC is Str based) or Spearfinger extracts their liver. The victim is unaware that this has happened, and takes 1 point of Constitution drain every Hour unless their liver is restored via magic (Heal, Limited Wish, Miracle, Wish), or until they reach 0 Con and expire. If the Save is successful they take damage had done successfully performed a Critical hit with her Claw attack, and are perfectly aware she attacked them. This attack does not affect targets that are not living, immune to criticals, or have no discernible anatomy.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Spearfinger can unsettle foes with her mere presence. The ability takes effect automatically whenever she shifts form to reveal herself, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 30 feet are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than her. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a DC 21 Will save (Save DC is Cha based) remains immune to her Frightful Presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become Panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become Shaken for 4d6 rounds.

Rock Throwing (Ex): The range increment is 120 feet for Spearfingers thrown rocks (see Monster Manual under Giant). Due to her Strength and control of stone, Spearfinger may throw the same size rocks regardless of what size she happens to be at the time.

Damage Reduction: Spearfingers heart is her vulnerable spot, and while stories vary in just exactly where it lies, it is always in her right hand. Options includes her palm, wrist, the joint where her claw finger meets her hand, or the tip of her claw. To simulate this, she has DR 20/- that does not work against confirmed Critical hits or attacks that purposefully target this weak spot. Opponents can make a DC 22 Knowledge (Arcana) check to know what Spearfinger's Weak Spot is. They may then take a -x Penalty on their attack roll to target the Weak Spot.

Shapeshift (Sp): Spearfinger may cast Polymorph on herself only at will as a Spell-Like Ability. However, she cannot be observed while doing so. Her power does not work when another living Humanoid is looking at her. She may revert to normal form at will, even if being observed. She retains the use of her Claw special attack so long as the form she is taking is humanoid in shape, so she must must take pains to hide her finger. As a Standard Action she may also change her Size Category to anything from Small to Gargantuan (see below for stats).

Heavy Step (Ex): Spearfinger may ignore the effects of Difficult Terrain, but her great weight gives her a Penalty to Reflex Saves to avoid traps or other effects set off by weight equal to her Size Penalty to Hide Checks (minimum of -2).

Hard Skinned (Ex): Non-magical weapons striking Spearfingers stony skin and doing no damage have a chance of breaking. When struck by a non-magical weapon, any damage prevented by her Damage Reduction is dealt to the weapon, interacting with Hardness normally.

Meld Stone (Su): Spearfinger may cause any two stone surfaces touching each other to adhere instantly as a Swift Action. She often combines this with her rock throwing to make bridges. The range of this ability is limited only by her throwing arm. As long as the rock she throws is on target (and the target is stone) she may use this Ability.

Combat: Spearfinger generally sticks to her home in the mountains, using the fog as cover. She only comes down into the lowlands when the Cherokee have set their massive autumn fires, or when there is fog or inclement weather. She will generally kill a lone victim, and then take their place via shapeshifting to find more victims. Once found she will trick opponents into breaking their weapons by challenging them to hit her heart, which is the only way to kill her. Obviously she doesn't mention he heart is in her hand as opposed to her chest.

SMALL
    Initiative: +5
    Armor Class: 24 (+1 Dex, +13 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 24
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+15
    Attack: Claw +21 melee touch (1d6+10/19-20) or Rock +20 ranged (3d8+7)
    Full Attack: Claw +21 melee touch (1d6+10/19-20) or Rock +20 ranged (3d8+7)
    Saves: Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 24, Dex 12, Con 22, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Skills: Climb +15, Hide +9, Jump +7, Move Silently +8
    Extract Liver Save DC changes to DC 23

LARGE
    Armor Class: 23 (-1 Size, -1 Dex, +15 Natural), touch 8, flat-footed 23
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+29
    Attack: Claw +25 melee touch (2d6+19/19-20) or Rock +24 ranged (3d8+13)
    Full Attack: Claw +25 melee touch (2d6+19/19-20) or Rock +24 ranged (3d8+13)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Saves: Fort +17, Ref +7, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 36, Dex 8, Con 28, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Skills: Climb +21, Hide +3, Jump +13, Move Silently +6
    Extract Liver Save DC changes to DC 29

HUGE
    Armor Class: 24 (-2 Size, -2 Dex, +18 Natural), touch 4, flat-footed 24
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+37
    Attack: Claw +28 melee touch (2d8+25/19-20) or Rock +27 ranged (3d8+17)
    Full Attack: Claw +28 melee touch (2d8+25/19-20) or Rock +27 ranged (3d8+17)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
    Saves: Fort +19, Ref +6, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 44, Dex 6, Con 32, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Skills: Climb +25, Hide -1, Jump +17, Move Silently +6
    Extract Liver Save DC changes to DC 33

GARGANTUAN
    Armor Class: 26 (-4 Size, -2 Dex, +22 Natural), touch 4, flat-footed 26
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+45
    Attack: Claw +30 melee touch (3d8+31/19-20) or Rock +29 ranged (3d8+21)
    Full Attack: Claw +30 melee touch (3d8+31/19-20) or Rock +29 ranged (3d8+21)
    Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
    Saves: Fort +21, Ref +6, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 52, Dex 6, Con 36, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Skills: Climb +29, Hide -5, Jump +21, Move Silently +6
    Extract Liver Save DC changes to DC 37
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-12-18 at 08:58 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Xenomorph Queen (Adult)

Xenomorph Queen is an Acquired or Inherited Template that can be applied to anything with the Xenomorph Soldier Template and 16 Hit Dice. This represents young Queens created through Royal Facehuggers (which were cut from Aliens 3) similar to the one in AVP: Requiem. As they age they will increse in both Size Category and Hit Dice.

Size and Type: Size Category increases by one. Each additional 5 Hit Dice beyond the 16th die increases Size Category by one again.

Speed: All movement speeds increase by +10 ft. Unless the original Base Creature that the Xenomorph Drone and Soldier Templates were applied to has a Racial Swim speed, the Queen loses the Swim speed given by the Soldier template as it is now too heavy and unwieldly to swim.

Armor Class: Natural Armor Bonus increases an additional +8.

Attacks: Unchanged.

Damage: Tail damage increases: 2d6 for Large Xenomorphs, 3d6 for Huge Xenomorphs, and 3d8 for Gargantuan Xenomorphs.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, except as modified below:

Pharyngeal Jaws (Ex): Damage done by Queens if their opponent successfully Saves is increased to 5d6 piercing.

Improved Grab (Ex): Queens gain a +4 Racial Bonus on Grapple Checks.

Multiple Arms (Ex): Queens have 4 arms and can thus take advantage of certain Feats.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, except as modified below:

Blindsight (Ex): Blindsight range now extends to 60 ft.

Alien Hive Mind (Ex): The Queens racial telepathy extends out to 1 mile.

Wall-walker (Ex): Due to their great weight, Queens can no longer crawl on ceilings, walls, or sheer vertical surfaces. They still climb other surfaces just as easily.

Energy Resistance (Ex): Cold Resistance now becomes Cold Immunity. Fire Resistance increases to 15.

Damage Reduction (Ex): DR increases to DR/10-.

Ovipositor: When first encountered, the Queen will be attached to an egg-laying Ovipositor, and/or suspended from a Resin Harness. Detaching the Ovipositor is a Move Action which does 1d6 damage to the Queen (Her DR does not effect this). Disentangling herself from the Harness is a Full Round Action.

Abilities: +8 Str, +4 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis.

Skills: Loses the Soldiers Racial Bonus to Swim Checks unless the original Base Creature has a Racial Swim Speed.

Feats: Gains Diehard as a Bonus Feat.

For newborn Queens (i.e. the Predalien from Requiem) use the following Template (which will be replaced during the above Template once the Queen matures).

Xenomorph Queen

Xenomorph Queen is an Acquired or InheritedTemplate that can be applied to anything with the Xenomorph Soldier Template and 8 Hit Dice.

Size and Type: Unchanged.

Armor Class: Natural Armor Bonus increases an additional +4.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, except as modified below:

Pharyngeal Jaws (Ex): Instead of killing opponents, the newborn Queen implants 2d3 embryos into them which emerge as Bellybursters later (which are in most ways identical to Chestbursters) if this ability is used successfully. This has only been observed being done to pregnant women, so they may use their traditional killing bite against other opponents.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, except as modified below:

Blindsight (Ex): Blindsight range now extends to 60 ft.

Alien Hive Mind (Ex): The Queens racial telepathy extends out to 1 mile.

Energy Resistance (Ex): Cold and FIre Resistance increase to 15.

Damage Reduction (Ex): DR increases to DR/5-.

Abilities: +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int, and +2 Wis.

Feats: Gains Diehard as a Bonus Feat

Challenge Rating: +1

Last edited by Bhu; 2014-12-19 at 05:48 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Turbo-Charged

Turbo-Charged is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any creature. Exactly how it is applied, and who does the applying is apparently a trade secret (and Template beneficiaries ain't speakin').

Speed: Unchanged (but see below).

Armor Class: Unchanged.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Kick in the Afterburners! (Ex): The Turbo-Charged may use this ability a number of times per day equal to it's Constitution Modifier (minimum of 1/day). This ability lasts a number of rounds equal to (3+ Constitution Modifier, minimum of 3 rounds) or until a successful charge attack is made. The creature bursts into flames, and increases speed, giving it the following benefits for the duration of the ability: Immunity to fire, +4 Bonus on Initiative Checks, base land speed doubles, and the flames surrounding it do +1d6 fire damage anytime the creature makes a successful melee attack or Grapple Check. In addition anyone attacking it in melee (or with a grapple) take 1d6 fire damage. After the creature makes a successful Charge attack, the flames transfer from it to it's opponent, who takes 1d6 fire damage per round. This fire may be extinguished by making a Reflex Save each round to avoid taking fire damage (Save DC is Con based), and if he succeeds the fire goes out. They may gain a +4 Bonus to the Save by dropping and rolling on the ground, and jumping in water extinguishes it automatically.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Spastic Charge (Ex): When making a Charge Attack you are not required to move in a straight line.

Abilities: Unchanged.

Level Adjustment: +2
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Finally updated front page list!

Facehugger
    Small Aberration (Aquatic)
    Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (10 hp)
    Initiative: +8
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Climb 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 19 (+1 Size, +4 Dex, +4 Natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+14
    Attack: Attach +6 melee (Attach)
    Full Attack: Attach +6 melee (Attach)
    Special Attacks: Acid Grip, Paralysis, Implant Embryo, Attach, Acid Defense, Choke
    Special Qualities: Hardy, Blindsight 60 ft., Alien Hive Mind, Amphibious, Confined Spaces, Wall Walker, Immunities, Thermal Invisibility, Energy Resistance, Fast Healing 3
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 2
    Skills: Balance +12, Climb +12, Hide +16, Jump +10, Move Silently +4, Spot +6
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse (B)
    Organization: Solitary, Small Group (3-6), Large Group (10-30)
    Advancement: 2 HD (Royal Facehugger)

Facehuggers are the pre-larval stage of the Xenomorph, content to remain in their protective ovomorph until prey is nearby. Exactly how they sense prey is unknown, and they appear to be virtually immortal until they infect a host.

Acid Grip (Ex): After it has attached to an opponent the Facehugger sometimes needs to remove intervening protective materials like helmets. As a Swift Action it may spit acid during a successful Grapple Check. The acid does 21 points of damage per round for as long as the Grapple is maintained to wood and non-organic materials.

Paralysis (Ex): Victims the Facehugger attaches to quickly lose consciousness, prompting theories of them cutting off blood to the brain or using some form of paralytic toxin. Once it has Attached the victim has one round to remove the Facehugger, before he must make a DC 20 Willpower Save (Save DC is Con based with a +8 Racial Bonus) or be rendered Unconscious for 24 hours. During this time the Facehugger provides oxygen (or whatever the individual species atmosphere is) for the victim, and even filters toxin from the air rendering it immune to inhaled poisons and diseases. Attempts to remove the Facehugger are problematic, and invariably fatal to the victim. Attacks prompt it's acidic defenses, against which it's Attached victim receives no Save. In addition it may attempt to kill the host (see Choke).

Implant Embryo (Ex): Once the victim a Facehugger is Attached to becomes Paralyzed, the Facehugger may transplant an embryo into the victim over a period of 24 hours (some theorize this is not an embryo but a viral infection that creates a Chestburster embryo from the victims own cells), after which the Facehugger lets go and apparently dies. Gestation time for the Chestburster varies from 1-24 hours depending on various factors. Queens take longer, as do Embryos implanted in individuals who have diseases like thyroid conditions or leprosy. Short of receiving a Heal, Miracle or Wish spell, there is no way to prevent the Chestburster from killing the individual implanted at the end of this gestation period. Normally a Facehugger can only produce one Drone, but Royal Facehuggers can produce 1 Drone and 1 Queen.

Attach (Ex): If a Facehugger hits with a touch attack, it uses its bony limbs and tail to latch onto the opponent’s face. An attached Facehugger is effectively grappling its prey. The Facehugger loses its Dexterity bonus to AC and has an AC of 15, but holds on with great tenacity. Facehuggers have a +12 racial bonus on grapple checks (already figured into the Base Attack/Grapple entry above).

An attached Facehugger can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached Facehugger through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the Facehugger (assuming the victim has not been Paralyzed). Facehuggers don't take Size Penalties to grapple checks. Once it has attached and begun the implantation process, the Facehugger will willingly destroy the victim rather than be removed. It seems to instinctively know bystanders will not risk the victims death (see Choke).

Acid Defense (Ex): The Xenomorphs do not appear to have blood as we understand it, as their body chemistry is fluorine based. They do have a network of vessels or something similar under their exoskeleton, however. Upon being punctured it releases a highly concentrated acid. When attacked successfully it sprays acid. If an opponent successfully damages it in melee it must make a Reflex Saving Throw (Save DC is Con based) or take 3d6 Acid damage for 1d6 rounds. Weapons used must likewise make a Save (magical weapons gain their Enhancement Bonus to the Saving Throw) or be destroyed unless the weapon is somehow proof against acid or does acid damage itself. If destroyed in an Area Effect, anything within the Xenomorphs square or adjacent to it must make a Saving Throw. Once it is dead the acidity of the corpse rapidly fades, and can be handled safely within 1 Minute. If the Drone is attacked at range a random creature adjacent to it must make the Save to avoid damage. If an attack has some sort of ability that causes the Xenomorph to bleed continuously, anything moving adjacent to it during the duration of it's bleeding must make a Save.

Choke (Ex): Once the Facehugger has attached itself, it will make it obvious to anyone that attempting to remove it will result in the victims death. Initially it will simply cut off the victims air while crushing it's throat with it's tail. Treat this like the suffocation rules from the DMG, except that the victim can't hold his breath, the suffocation begins immediately. In addition the tail does 1d6+2 damage per round. If this does not make opponents release it the Facehugger will vomit acid onto the victim killing it instantly.

Hardy (Ex): Xenomorphs have maximum hit points per die and all Good Saves.

Blindsight (Ex): A Xenomorph Drone can detect other beings within 30 ft of itself. It is not known by which process it can perform this. It Possibly mimics sight in some form because it can distinguish between humans, xenomorphs, androids, and Yautja. It can also distinguish which humans have been infected with chestbursters. Presumably, unlike normal, this functions within a vacuum. The Alien Queen has also been demonstrated to sabotage equipment and have her minions cut power supplies, so either they can use it to read, or they have some sort of rudimentary ability to sense electricity or other forms of energy as well.

Alien Hive Mind (Ex): Xenomorphs have some sort of rudimentary hive mind, and are rumored to be telepathic, a suggestion which is backed up by the Ripley Clone having an empathic link to the hive. Xenomorphs can tell when one of their own has been harmed or killed within one mile. They also seem to have a relatively short range ability to communicate with each other, which I will define as Telepathy with a 30 ft. range. This telepathy works for their species only, though it is suggested perhaps in Aliens3 that insane individuals can perhaps receive their communications as well (or perhaps Golic is just deep into hallucinatory psychosis). Xenomorphs have also been shown to have some sort of genetic memory transfer, meaning that whatever one of them knows will be passed on to it's descendants.

Wall-walker (Ex): A Xenomorph can climb sheer surfaces as though with a spider climb spell. They have even been seeing crawling along ceilings. Unlike normal it can move at it's full land speed, and may even use the Run action.

Confined Spaces (Ex): Xenomorphs ignore the speed reduction for hampered movement when moving in a narrow space (an area smaller than but at least one-half of their space) or a low space (an area shorter than but at least one-half of their height). They also retain their Dexterity bonus to your Armor Class. If the space is both narrow and low, their function as if only one of those conditions applied.

Immunities (Ex): Xenomorphs are immune to acid damage, as well as poison, Mind-Affecting Effects and nonlethal damage. They are also immune to the following conditions, but only so long as they aren't cause by supernatural or magic means: Dazed, Disabled, Nauseated, Sickened, or Stunned.

Thermal Invisibility (Ex): The body temperature of a xenomorph perfectly matches that of the ambient temperature, making it invisible to detection via the infrared spectrum or other heat based sensors.

Skills: Facehuggers have a +8 Racial Bonus to Balance, Climb, Hide, and Jump checks. They may use their Dexterity Modifier in place of their Strength Modifier for Climb Checks, and may always Take 10 on a Climb Check.

Comabt: Facehuggers use stealth to avoid combat until they equal or exceed the numbers of potential victims, at which point they will immediately move in to attach themselves.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2015-01-25 at 02:27 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Light-Puker

Light-Puker is an Inherited Template that can be applied to any corporeal creature. It is a sad, sad world in which beings are randomly born with the ability to shoot lasers from one of their various orifices.

Armor Class: Unchanged.

Special Attacks: Retains all SPecial Attacks

PEW PEW PEW! (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds the Light-Puker can unleash a laser from one of it's available bodily orifices (the Gawds apparently have ... issues). This is a ranged touch attack doing (x)d6 fire damage (x is equal to the Base Creatures Hit Dice). The attack has a Range Increment of 80 ft, and damage drops by 1d6 for each Range Increment past the first. The attack roll takes a -4 Penalty if the laser is fired from air to water or water to air, and ignores Dex/Dodge Bonuses to AC. It is completely invisible unless fired into smoke/rain/fog etc.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature.

Abilities: Unchanged.

Feats: Gains Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot as Bonus Feats.

Level Adjustment: +0
    Last edited by Bhu; 2015-01-24 at 10:47 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

anyone think cr 1 is too little for the facehugger?

Chestburster
    Tiny Aberration
    Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (9 hp)
    Initiative: +8
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+2 Size, +4 Dex), touch 16, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+3
    Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d3-1)
    Full Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d3-1)
    Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Attach, Acid Defense
    Special Qualities: Hardy, Blindsight, Alien Hive Mind, Hold Breath, Confined Spaces, Immunities
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 1, Wis 14, Cha 2
    Skills: Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Survival and Swim
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse (B)
    Organization: Solitary, Pack (3-6)
    Advancement: See text

Chestbursters are the wormlike, larval form of the Xenomorph Drones. They may or may not display vestigial limbs depending on whether or not they have been in their host overly long, or are a young Queen. Lucky Chestbursters who have plenty of prey grow at the rate of 1 Hit Die per hour until they metamorphose into a Drone at 6 Hit Dice. Royal Chestbursters begin at 2 Hit Dice, and become a Young Queen at 8 Hit Dice.

Attach (Ex): If a Chestburster hits with a touch attack, it uses its teeth to latch onto the opponent’s body. An attached Chestburster is effectively grappling its prey. The Chestburster loses its Dexterity bonus to AC and has an AC of 12, but holds on with great tenacity. Chestbursters have a +12 racial bonus on grapple checks (already figured into the Base Attack/Grapple entry above).

An attached Chestburster can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached Chestburster through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the Chestburster. Anyone fool enough to damage the Chestburster grappling it gets no Reflex Saves vs. it's Acid Defense.

Acid Defense (Ex): The Xenomorphs do not appear to have blood as we understand it, as their body chemistry is fluorine based. They do have a network of vessels or something similar under their exoskeleton, however. Upon being punctured it releases a highly concentrated acid. If an opponent successfully damages it in melee it must make a Reflex Saving Throw (Save DC is Con based) or take 3d6 Acid damage for 1d6 rounds. Weapons used must likewise make a Save (magical weapons gain their Enhancement Bonus to the Saving Throw) or be destroyed unless the weapon is somehow proof against acid or does acid damage itself. If destroyed in an Area Effect, anything within the Xenomorphs square or adjacent to it must make a Saving Throw. Once it is dead the acidity of the corpse rapidly fades, and can be handled safely within 1 Minute. If the Chestburster is attacked at range a random creature adjacent to it must make the Save to avoid damage. If an attack has some sort of ability that causes the Xenomorph to bleed continuously, anything moving adjacent to it during the duration of it's bleeding must make a Save.

Hardy (Ex): Xenomorphs have maximum hit points per die and all Good Saves.

Blindsight (Ex): A Xenomorph chestburster can detect other beings within 30 ft of itself. It is not known by which process it can perform this. It Possibly mimics sight in some form because it can distinguish between humans, xenomorphs, androids, and Yautja. It can also distinguish which humans have been infected with chestbursters. Presumably, unlike normal, this functions within a vacuum. The Alien Queen has also been demonstrated to sabotage equipment and have her minions cut power supplies, so either they can use it to read, or they have some sort of rudimentary ability to sense electricity or other forms of energy as well.

Alien Hive Mind (Ex): Xenomorphs have some sort of rudimentary hive mind, and are rumored to be telepathic, a suggestion which is backed up by the Ripley Clone having an empathic link to the hive. Xenomorphs can tell when one of their own has been harmed or killed within one mile. They also seem to have a relatively short range ability to communicate with each other, which I will define as Telepathy with a 30 ft. range. This telepathy works for their species only, though it is suggested perhaps in Aliens3 that insane individuals can perhaps receive their communications as well (or perhaps Golic is just deep into hallucinatory psychosis). Xenomorphs have also been shown to have some sort of genetic memory transfer, meaning that whatever one of them knows will be passed on to it's descendants.

Confined Spaces (Ex): Xenomorphs ignore the speed reduction for hampered movement when moving in a narrow space (an area smaller than but at least one-half of their space) or a low space (an area shorter than but at least one-half of their height). They also retain their Dexterity bonus to your Armor Class. If the space is both narrow and low, their function as if only one of those conditions applied.

Immunities (Ex): Xenomorphs are immune to acid damage, as well as poison, Mind-Affecting Effects and nonlethal damage. They are also immune to the following conditions, but only so long as they aren't cause by supernatural or magic means: Dazed, Disabled, Nauseated, Sickened, or Stunned.

Skills: Chestbursters have a +8 Racial Bonus to Balance, Climb, Hide, and Jump checks.

Combat: Chestbursters hunt small prey they can easily defeat, working their way up the food chain as they add mass. They usually attack from ambush.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2015-04-17 at 03:53 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Been a while seen I've seen these. Been too busy with Facebook it seems. Love the newer (well new to me) critters. Keep up the good work.

Turkeys are turtle-monkeys how about Montles?

Facehugger's CR should be higher.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-02-12 at 11:36 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Facehuggers were nifty as a plot device but they're a pain as monsters. Either they nab someone and off him, or they die in the first hit or two. It pretty much comes down to initiative depending on party level. I'd be willing to give them a 2 but thats prolly as high as I'd go.

Will be posting a chinese critter shortly. Hope you guys like it because I've spent forever working on it now.
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Facehuggers were nifty as a plot device but they're a pain as monsters. Either they nab someone and off him, or they die in the first hit or two. It pretty much comes down to initiative depending on party level. I'd be willing to give them a 2 but thats prolly as high as I'd go.

Will be posting a chinese critter shortly. Hope you guys like it because I've spent forever working on it now.
    Looking forward to it!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...nclick_check=1

http://www.theworldofchinese.com/201...ghosts-primer/

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1415592/all

http://hellyeacreepy****.com/post/20...chinese-ghosts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...inese_folklore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_in_Chinese_culture

http://www.echinacities.com/expat-co...-Ghost-Stories

Gui

Gui (also calle Kuei) is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any Humanoid. Gui is the generic Chinese term for 'ghost'. In most cases this refers to the spirit of someone denied reincarnation and sentenced to Buddhist Hell for punishments, or who had no one to carry out the proper funerary rites for them, leaving them to be stuck in this world. They spend their time causing misfortune, or trying to right whatever circumstance cause them to become a Gui in the first place. Most are corporeal entities, with a surprisingly finite lifespan. If they run out of spiritual energy, they die again and become a legendary being known as a Jian, which terrifies ghosts just as much as they terrify humans. Their appearance varies greatly, but most are skeletal beings who wear red kerchiefs around their face to hide that they have no chin.

Size and Type: Size is unchanged, Type changes to Undead with the Incorporeal Subtype.

Hit Dice: All current and future Hit Dice become D12's, and hit points must be recalculated.

Armor Class: The Gui gains a Bonus to it's AC equal to it's Charisma Modifier (minimum +1). When they are corporeal this is an increase to it's Natural Armor Bonus, when they are incorporeal it's a Deflection Bonus.

Attacks: Unchanged (but see Special Attacks).

Damage: Unchanged (but see Special Attacks).

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, Plus gains Manifestation and 1 Special Attack from the following list, plus one additional Special Attack for every 4 Hit Dice it possesses:

Manifestation (Su): The Gui can turn their Incorporeal Subtype on and off as a Swift Action. When Incorporeal they are not present on the Ethereal Plane as most D&D ghosts are. Incorporeal they may be, but they are either present here or in the Spirit World.

Animate Bamboo (Su): Ghosts who are tied to bamboo trees or groves can often impale or strangle their victims with a bamboo stalk they leave lying in the path nearby. It can be wielded as a weapon doing 1d6 piercing damage, or can be wielded in a Grapple in an attempt to strangle someone. If used in a Grapple, the bamboo stalk gives a +2 Bonus to Grapple Checks meant to maintain the Grapple. While the Grapple is maintained, the victim must begin making Constitution Checks to avoid suffocation (see DMG for suffocation rules).

Bad Omen (Sp): The Gui may cast the following as Spell-Like Abilities (Caster Level is equal to Ht Dice, Save DC's are Cha based): 3/day: Bestow Curse, Mass Curse of Ill Fortune (Spell Compendium). 1/day: Bestow Greater Curse (Spell Compendium), Eyebite, Finger of Death, Seed of Undeath (Complete Mage, unlike normal the victim rises as a Gui).

Blood Drain (Ex): A gui can suck blood from a living victim by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe (or the foe is helpless), it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the gui gains 5 temporary hit points. The Gui's touch is anaesthetic, so if the target is asleep it must make an Opposed Spot vs Hide CHeck to notice he is being fed on.

Curse of Revenge (Su): The Ghost may cast Finger of Death at will as a Supernatural Ability, but is limited in it's targets. It may only use this to take revenge on those who have wronged it in life, or against those that the Gods have turned their backs upon, or if directed to do so by Lord Yama or another member of the afterlife bureaucracy.

Deceit: The Gui may cast spells as a Beguiler whose Level equals it's Hit Dice (if your campaign does not use the Beguiler Class substitute Sorcerer instead, with spells restricted to Enchantment and Illusion).

Divination: The Gui may cast spells as a Cleric whose Caster Level is equal to it's Hit Dice, but only spells from the Divination school. While many Divinations are limited to questions with yes or no answers, many Gui can answer any question of a limited subject. Ba jiao gui, for example, are limited to matters involving gambling. So they can answer questions that aren't limited to yes or no answers, but only so far as some form of gambling is concerned.

Drain (Su): Whenever the Gui is 'intimate' with a mortal Humanoid it does 1 point of Constitution Drain per session. The victim is Fatigued for 24 hours, and once his Con is Drained below half his maximum value he becomes Exhausted instead. If the Gui is killed before the victim dies this becomes temporary Ability damage, and he heals normally. Additionally, instead of healing itself of 5 damage for a successful Drain as per normal, the Gui has one of several other options it can pursue instead: It can boost the Save DC's of it's Special Attacks by 2 for 24 hours, it can become immune to Turning for 24 hours,

Frightful Moan (Su): A gui can emit a Frightful Moan as a Standard Action. All living creatures within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a Will save or become Panicked for 2d4 rounds. This is a Sonic Necromantic Mind-Affecting Fear effect. A creature that successfully saves against the moan cannot be affected by the same gui’s moan for 24 hours.

Horrific Appearance (Su): Any living creature within 60 feet that views a gui must succeed on a Fortitude save or immediately take 1d4 points of Strength damage, 1d4 points of Dexterity damage, and 1d4 points of Constitution damage. A creature that successfully saves against this effect cannot be affected by the same gui’s horrific appearance for 24 hours.

Hungry Touch (Su): This is a melee touch attack using the Gui's Strength or Dexterity modifier, whichever is greater. If it hits successfully the opponent takes 1d6 negative energy damage for 1 round per point of the Gui's Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 round). The victims skin begins to blacken and flake away, and if he is killed his body turns into ash. He may not be Raised or Resurrected. Hungry Touch will not work again on the same victim until the duration of the previous touch has expired.

Improved Grab (Ex): The Gui can make a Grapple Check without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. In addition, if the Gui has the Drain or Hungry Touch Special Attacks it may use them with a successful Grapple Check.

Invisibility (Su): The Gui can turn Invisible as per the Superior Invisibility (Complete Arcane) spell as will as a Swift Action, and may likewise suppress it as a Swift Action. They may also suppress it to select individuals, i.e. becoming visible to only one person in the room, or to every person but one in the room. Caster Level is equal to Hit Dice.

Madness (Su): The Gui may cast the following as Spell-Like Abilities (Caster Level is equal to Ht Dice, Save DC's are Cha based): 3/day: Confusion, Crushing Despair. 1/day: Insanity, Maddening Whispers (Spell Compendium).

Mischief (Sp): The Gui may cast the following as Spell-Like Abilities (Caster Level is equal to Ht Dice, Save DC's are Cha based): At Will: Animate Rope, Arcane Lock, Dancing Lights, Doom, Ghost Sound, Launch Item (Spell Compendium), Mage Hand, Message, Mimicry (Complete Scoundrel), No Light (Book of Vile Darkness), Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Silent Portal (Spell Compendium), Stick (Spell Compendium), Unnerving Gaze (Book of Vile Darkness). Every 1d4 rounds: Telekinesis.

Parasitic Rope (Su): Unique to the Diao si gui, they may use the rope they were hanged with as a means of convincing someone to kill himself in order for the Gui to be free. Using it the Gui can make a melee touch attack with a range of 10 ft. If it touches the bare flesh of a Humanoid creature it will immediately bond to the flesh unless the victim makes a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier). To rip it back out in the first round it is attached requires a DC 20 Str Check and does 1d6 plus Str modifier to the victim. It should be noted this cannot be done barehanded as the rope will try attaching to the victims would be savior. After that round there are only two ways to remove the rope: painful surgery, or the victim must commit suicide via hanging. Each day the rope remains buried within the victim he takes one point of Constitution Drain and must make a DC 15 Willpower Check (the Save DC increases by a cumulative +1 with each passing day). If he fails the Save, he hangs himself. If he makes it, he is okay for 24 hours. Once he reaches a Constitution of 1, he gets no Save and immediately hangs himself if able. If the surgery option is taken (make sure the doctors are wearing gloves) then the surgeon must make a DC 20 Heal Check over the span of 20 Minutes. If the surgery succeeds, then the subject takes 1d6 damage, and his Con Drain converts to temporary Ability damage, healing normally at the rate of one point per day. If it fails, he takes 2d6 damage, and if it fails by 5 or more he must make a DC 20 Fortitude Save or die. A successfully cast Heal or Panacea (see Spell Compendium) spell will also remove the rope. The Gui sometimes gives this rope to a human pawn it has some sort of leverage over (usually fear based) to use on it's behalf as it cannot leave the place of it's hanging. Anyone can make an attack with the rope so long as the Gui wishes it to. At any time the Gui may recall the rope to it's hand as a Swift Action regardless of the distance separating the two.

Physical Power (Sp): The Gui may cast Tenser's Transformation as a Spell-Like Ability 3/day (Caster Level is equal to Ht Dice). Instead of the usual +4 Con, the Gui instead gains a Primary Claw Attack (1d6 plus Str modifier) and a Secondary Bite Attack (1d6 plus 1/2 Str modifier). The Gui's natural weapons are considered magic for purposes of overcoming DR.

Plague Spreader (Sp): The Gui may cast the following as Spell-Like Abilities (Caster Level is equal to Ht Dice, Save DC's are Cha based): 3/day: Contagion, Horrid Sickness (Complete Mage). 1/day: Mass Contagion (Spell Compendium), Pestilence (Book of Vile Darkness), Plague (PHBII), Pox (Book of Vile Darkness).

Possessor (Su): Once per round, an Incorporeal gui can merge its body with another creature. This ability is similar to a Magic Jar spell (caster level is equal to 10 or the Gui's Hit Dice, whichever is higher), except that it does not require a receptacle. To use this ability, the gui must try to move into the target’s space (moving into the target’s space to use the Possessor ability does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity). The target can resist the attack with a successful Will save (DC 15 + gui’s Cha modifier). A creature that successfully saves is immune to that same gui's possession ability for 24 hours, and the gui cannot enter the target’s space. If the save fails, the gui vanishes into the target’s body. It then has one of two options: the first is standard possession where the Gui gains control of the subjects body. In the second the Gui does not gain control of the body, but the Possessed victim does not get Spell Resistance or Saving Throws against the Gui's Special Attacks.

Steal Life (Su): Living creatures the Gui hits by a incorporeal touch attack gain one negative level. The Fortitude Save DC is (10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma modifier) to remove a negative level. For each such negative level bestowed, the Gui gains 5 temporary hit points (or can use one of the other options listed under Drain above).

Strike Dumb (Su): The Gui may psychically assault victims to render them speechless. As a Full Round Action it may choose 1 opponent within 30 feet, and that victim must make a Willpower Save or be rendered incapable of revealing anything it knows about the Gui, as well as being mute. Only Break Enchantment, Dispel Evil, Miracle, Wish, or a similar spell will restore the lost memories.

Tien Sho (Su): Once per round, an Incorporeal Gui can steal another creatures body. This ability is similar to a Magic Jar spell (caster level is equal to 10 or the Gui's Hit Dice, whichever is higher), except that it does not require a receptacle. To use this ability, the gui must be corporeal and it must be Grappling the target. The target can resist the attack with a successful Will save (DC 15 + gui’s Cha modifier). A creature that successfully saves is immune to that same Gui's Tien Sho ability for 24 hours. If the save fails, the gui vanishes into the target’s body. If the Save fails the Gui takes control of the targets body permanently, and the bodies owner replaces the Gui as a new Gui. This ability is unique to Shui Gui.

Zhi Ren (also called Jin tong yu nu): A pair of male and female dolls made from paper and burned as an offering to a dead relative, these paper spirits sometimes serve them in the afterlife. They function much like a pair of Familiars (see below for stats).

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, plus gains Gui Limitations, Planar Travel, Rewards and any one Vulnerability from the following list. It also gains one other Special Quality from the following list for every 4 Hit Dice (at 16+ Hit Dice it may opt to lose a Vulnerability instead).

Planar Travel (Su): The Gui can use the spell Plane Shift at will, as a Supernatural Ability. It may only Plane Shift itself, and even then only to leave whatever realm of the Afterlife it inhabits for the mortal world and back again. Usually it does so under the orders of Yama or another member of the afterlife bureaucracy to punish living sinners, to get them to change their ways (or because they have offended the Gods). Gui who are not assigned to Diyu (Chinese Hell) or the Realm of Hungry Ghosts sometimes travel for other reasons, and some are bound to this world. Gui with the Bound Vulnerability gain another Ability in place of Planar Travel. Those with the Slave Vulnerability may only use it with the permission of their Master. Gui who travel to the mortal realm must return to the afterlife before the sun comes up, and those with ranks in Knowledge (The Planes) can learn the ways to travel to other Planes with a sufficient Check (Check DC is up to DM but should be at least 20+, and knowing the way there doesn't necessarily mean that it's possible for the Gui to get there. For instance, knowing the way to the Realm of the Gods doesn't mean you know the way past the Guards, who are probably far stronger than you.).

Gui Limitations: Unless they take the Deceit ability or have some other means of disguising themselves, the Gui do not look human. The stereotype is that of a skeletal, human-like figure with no chin, and no hems in their clothing. Some do not look remotely human, and some are little more than amorphous masses. Sometimes their appearance has something to do with their death. Regardless, all Gui cast no shadow, and cause flames in their presence to burn phosphorescent green. Gui cannot exist in daylight, and are compelled to return to the spirit realm or their grave during the day. They are vulnerable to various Buddhist Sutras, and various other Taoist Talismans or Wards. They cannot pass them or enter buildings upon which they're inscribed. Gui have a -1 Penalty to Saving Throws against magic that is Buddhist or Taoist in origin. With the exceptions of the Shui gui or other Gui who have perished in water, the Gui greatly dislike crossing running water, and must make a DC 20 Willpower Save to do so. Gui are also watched by the Yen-lo-hwang, or celestial police. They are allowed to be only so disruptive, else the afterlife will come for them.

Bound Vulnerability: Gui who are Bound cannot leave the mortal realm, and in some cases cannot leave a finite area. Ba jiao gui and Bamboo ghosts cannot leave the area immediately surrounding their tree. Diao si gui cannot leave the area of their execution. Gui Po cannot leave the estate of the family under their protection, unless the family is traveling as well. Shui gui cannot leave the body of water they drowned in. Gū Hún Yě Guǐ, Re Bin Gui Bin, Wutou gui and Yuan gui are forced to wander the mortal realm until they find some means of attaining the afterlife. Those who are forced to wander cannot leave the mortal realm, not even the Yen-lo-hwang can compel them. Those bound to a specific site cannot move more than 60 ft from it.

Compulsion Vulnerability: The Gui has an odd compulsion. For many Gui the most common Compulsion is that they are always required to move in a straight line, and they cannot disobey this compulsion, even while magically controlled. For the Er Gui, or Hungry Ghosts, the most common is hunger. They will eat anything, even corpses and feces, and never get enough to satisfy their hunger, no matter how much they eat. So long as there is food available they will pursue it to the exclusion of all else.

Red String Vulnerability: This may only be taken by Gui who also have the Bound Vulnerability. If someone ties red thread about the location the Gui is bound to (usually the tree they haunt, or were hung from) before pinning the thread down with needles and tying the other end to their bedpost they may temporarily enslave the Gui. They may ask of the Gui any one task it can conceivably carry out (usually it's for winning lottery numbers). If the ghost does so successfully within 30 days you must let it free, otherwise you permanently lose the ability to make Saving Throws against it's Special Attacks.

Slave Vulnerability: The Gui is a slave to another being. For the Ch'ang kuei this is the tiger responsible for killing and eating them, and only lasts until they assist the tiger in killing another man. For many others their master is the Yen-lo-Hwang. They are sent by the afterlife to punish the wicked in exchange for the possibility of reduced sentence (though one could argue their being allowed out is itself a reduced sentence), or a chance at one day becoming one of the Yen-lo-hwang themselves. They are freed at the appointed time granted them by Yama. In much rarer instances a Gui can be the slave of a Taoist priest, who keeps them as a servant or weapon. This technically lasts until the priest frees them, which he will never willingly do as the ghost will seek revenge. So having a ghostly servant is a double edged sword, especially since ghosts haunting someone on behalf of the living is a violation of afterlife law. Buddhist exorcists sometimes make use of the Gui as aides, as do the Taoist Immortals, but such a thing is very rare.

Alternative Movement Mode: The Gui gains either a Flight or Swim speed equal to it's Land speed (Maneuverability is Perfect in the case of Flight).

Damage Reduction: The Gui has Damage Reduction 10/Magic.

Enhanced Ability Score: Increase any one Ability Score by +4.

I Return What I Have Stolen (Su): The Gui may cast True Resurrection at will as a Supernatural Ability, but only to return the soul of someone whose life it has taken within the last day, and only a life it has taken via one of it's Special Attacks listed above.

Reward (Su): Feeding or otherwise aiding ghosts during the Hungry Ghost Festival brings good luck, and anyone doing so gains an automatic 20 on their next 'significant' d20 roll. Significant rolls include Checks meant to stabilize when in negative hp, Saving Throws (especially against Death effects), profession checks meant to gain money or contracts, etc. In other words life altering. Mortals can accumulate several such rolls by aiding ghosts (the ghosts decide if he gets the reward or not, and while some only give it for mortals who go out of their way, ghosts who are on hard times are a bit less stingy).

Spell Resistance (Ex): The Gui gains Spell Resistance equal to 10 plus half its hit Dice plus its Charisma modifier.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A Gui gains +4 Turn Resistance.

Unholy Grace (Su): The Gui adds a Profane Bonus to her AC and Saving Throws equal to her Charisma modifier.

Unnatural Vitality (Ex): The Gui gains Maximum hit points per hit die.

Saves: Unchanged (but see Special Qualities).

Abilities: Unchanged, but as an Undead Con is now -. Powers, Attacks or Abilities that normally used it's Constitution Modifier now use it's Charisma Modifier instead.

Skills: Gui have a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot checks.

Environment: Unchanged (though some may have certain restrictions)

Organization: Usually Solitary

Challenge Rating: Varies depending on the Base Creatures Hit Dice: 1-4 (+1), plus an additional +1 for each 4 Hit Dice past the fourth (i.e. +4 at 5-8 HD, etc). If it has access to spellcasting, minimum CR is equal to Hit Dice plus one for each four Hit Dice.

Treasure: Varies a great deal, but usually none

Alignment: Gui Alignment varies considerably, with many being Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil. Other Alignments are possible, just usually considerably rare.

Level Adjustment: N/A, Gui are not meant to be PC's.

Examples of Different Ghost Types:

Ba jiao gui: Known far more throughout Southeast Asia than China proper, the Ba Jiao Gui are the ghosts of women who lives in banana
    trees. At night they appear at the base of the tree wailing, sometimes with an infant. Supposedly blessed with minor powers of prophecy, it is said that if you tie a red string to the tree before driving needles into it, and then tie the other end to your bedpost, this traps the ghost or causes them great pain. They will then appear at your bed that evening and promise you winning lottery numbers in exchange for being freed once you win. If you don't set them free, you die a horrible death. Ba jiao gui have the Bad Omen, Curse of Revenge, Divination, and Red String Vulnerability abilities. This also refers to the ghosts of gamblers who died as a consequence of an inability to pay (even if by suicide).

Bamboo Ghost: A crossover from Malaysia and Taiwan, this is the spirit of someone who has committed suicide in the bamboo groves. They seek to kill another to take their place so they can move on to the afterlife, and can animate stalks of Bamboo to kill their victims. They have the Animate Bamboo, Deceit, Invisibility, and Bound Vulnerability abilities.

Ch'ang kuei: The ghosts of men killed by tigers, who must remain as their whimpering servants in the afterlife (or at least until the tiger kills it's next victim). Invisible spirits, they strip victims so the tiger can proceed to eating them without delay, and guard the tiger while it sleeps. They have the Invisibility and Slave Vulnerability abilities.

Di fu ling: Di fu ling is a generic term for a ghost bound to it's burial site, or some other place it had a strong attachment to in life. Di fu ling have the Bound Vulnerability.

Diao si gui: Diao si gui are the ghosts of those who have been executed or committed suicide via hanging. They cannot leave this world (or the site of their hanging) until they "convince" someone to take their place (i.e. execute them by hanging or drive them to suicide). They will try using illusion to convince him, or bind him with the rope they were hanged with This rope will grow into the victim causing them great pain and hampering their movement, and can only be removed via dangerous surgery or by killing oneself. Diao si gui have the Parasitic Rope, Deceit, and Bound Vulnerability abilities. Usually pictures with long red tongues hanging from their mouths.

E gui: The Chinese name for the Buddhist Preta, or Hungry Ghost Every year during the Ghost Festival they are free to roam (though some escape Hell at other times) and ask for food. They are the ghosts of truly awful, greedy people, and if approached by one for food, you will be cursed if you refuse. People who offend or strike them may also find illness, madness or misfortune. Hungry ghosts who were destitute in life can eat but a little food, and suffer from anorexia. Those with some wealth are divided into three groups: those whose food is burned to ash by the fires in their mouths, those whose throats are needle thin and will not allow food to pass, and those whose mouths are too rotten to eat anything. Those with great wealth become the ghost of sacrifices, who live off human sacrifices given to them by the living. Other become the ghosts of losses, who live off lost objects from the human world, and the ghosts of great powers, who are rulers of the ghosts and semi-dine in power. The common portrayal of them is a grey or green skinned man who is invisible by day, but an night can be seen to have a small mouth, pot belly, and needle thin throat. Some are capable of possession. People who refuse to give others food or aid, or who do not get the proper funerary rites yearly can become hungry ghosts as well. All of them have the Invisibility and Compulsion Vulnerability abilities. Most also have one of the following: Deceit, Possessor, Plague Spreader, or Bad Omen.

Gū Hún Yě Guǐ (aka You hun ye gui): These are the ghosts of those who died with no one to give them the proper funerary rites, whether because they were far from home or because their family didn't care. They wonder until someone performs the proper rites for them to move on to the Underworld. Some of them are merely mischievous, others are rampaging monsters. Some settle down and become minor Gods, worshiped in order to placate them so they will provide protection. They are referred to as You Ying Gong (Wang Ye in Taiwan), and best represented via another template. Those who do not settle down to become Gods usually have the Mischief and Bound Vulnerability abilities. The Mischief ability is usually used to draw attention to evidence that will clear their name.

Gui po: Gui Po are the Ghosts of elderly domestic servants who have returned to look out for and watch over the family they served in life. They have the Protective Spirit and Bound Vulnerability abilities.

Gui Zhai (aka Toyol) Ghui Zhai is the Chinese name for the Toyol, which is best represented by it's own template.

Nü gui/Nan gui: Women who have been horribly wronged (sexual abuse is strongly implied) can find a measure of revenge by committing suicide in a red dress They return as pale, long-haired women in white dresses seeking revenge on those who wronged them. Nan Gui is the male version of the Nu Gui. Note that they can be rather indiscriminate in their revenge, and in addition to their abuser they can take "revenge" on just about everything in their path. There is a subset of the Nu Gui sometimes called Yao Nien, who are ghostly succubi who drain men of their Yang energy during lovemaking, or who murder them for their blood. These have the Deceit and Drain abilities. Some few of them take men as husbands instead, and even bear them children,

Re Bin Gui Bin: Ghosts of foreign soldiers (usually Japanese) who roam the land murdering people. Technically they didn't come about till WWII, but there were wars with China before then. They usually have some ability to cause fear or otherwise impose morale penalties.

Shu gui: Shu gui are haunted trees which confuse travelers by reappearing at random in the forest, causing them to be lost. They are also known for sowing terror. They usually have the Deceit, Invisibility, and Horrifying Appearance abilities.

Shui gui: Shui gui are the ghosts of the drowned, cursed to haunt the body of water that killed them until they get a replacement. They do this by pulling travelers into the water, and then possessing their body, while leaving the bodies soul behind to become a new Shui gui. They have the Tien Sho and Bound Vulnerability abilities.

Thou-tzu Kuei: The ghosts of women who died without child, who try to steal infants. They can be repelled by fetish swords hung from the babies cots.

Wutou gui: Wutou gui are the wandering ghosts of those executed via beheading. Some carry their own head, some have no head at all. They have the Bound Vulnerability.

Yen-lo-hwang: Ghostly constables and magistrates who act as the law of the afterlife. They punish the living who harm or enslave ghosts, enforce the laws of the afterlife on the deceased, and are sent to return escaped Ghosts or Demons. They are best represented by a separate template.

Yuan gui: Yuan gui are the ghosts of those who died wronged, or had their reputations smeared. Denied reincarnation they are doomed to wonder the world until they can get someone to clear their name or avenge them. They have the Bound Vulnerability.

Ying ling: The ghosts of dead fetuses, inspired by similar tales of Japanese ghosts.

Zhong yin shen: Generic term for the recently deceased who have yet to move on to the afterlife and reincarnation, who wander the Earth for 49 days.

Chinese Afterlife: When mortals die they wander the mortal realm for an additional 49 days, being watched over by the infernal bureaucracy. After this they are rounded up and presented to a Judge (some say it's Yama or one of the other Kings of the Underworld, some say it's the God Cheng Huang). If the person has been particularly vile during life they are sentenced to Diyu, Chinese Hell. Once there Lord Yama decides what their punishment will be, and for how long. Mortals who have been indescribably foul become demons, and thus become permanent residents of Diyu. Mortals who haven't been bad enough for Diyu, or who have been there for some time then go to the Underworld of the Yellow Springs (or in the case of Buddhists the Realm of the Hungry Ghosts). This is a cheerless afterlife in which they live a miserable existence, save for during the yearly Hungry Ghost Festival when their relatives burn 'hell money' and other paper items that become real in the afterlife. Once their time there is over, another God gives them a potion that removes their memories so they can be reincarnated. People who were sinners become animals, those who were average become human again, and those who were good (but not yet enough to achieve Enlightenment) become humans with long life spans. Particularly good men may spend time in Heaven (which is generally reserved for the Gods), or a lower heaven inhabited by the Taoist Immortals.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Zhi Ren

Zhi Ren are considered Constructs with a Vulnerability to Fire (x2 damage). Their Ability Scores are a 6 Int, with all the rest being a 10. One Ability Score other than Int is chosen to get a +2 Racial Bonus on creation.

Hit Dice For the purpose of effects related to number of Hit Dice, use the Gui’s Ht Dice.

Hit Points The Zhi Ren have one-half the Gui’s total hit points (not including temporary hit points), rounded down.

Speed The Zhi Ren has the same Movement speeds and types the Gui does.

Armor Class Initially the Zhi Ren gains a +1 Natural AC Bonus, and possibly it's Dex Modifier as well if it is applicable.

Attacks Use the Gui’s base attack bonus. Use the Zhi Ren’s Dexterity or Strength modifier, whichever is greater, to get the Zhi Ren’s attack bonus with weapons the Gui provides for it. Unless it is given a weapon the Zhi Ren has no means of attacking beyond unarmed strikes or grappling.

Saving Throws For each saving throw, use either the Guis base save bonus. The Zhi Ren uses its own ability modifiers to saves, and it doesn’t share any of the other bonuses that the master might have on saves.

Skills For each skill in which either the Gui or the Zhi Ren has ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the Gui’s skill ranks, whichever are better. In either case, the Gui uses its own ability modifiers. When creating the Zhir Ren, choose any 5 Skills to be it's Class Skills.

Feats Zhi Ren gain one Feat upon creation.

Code:
       Gui Hit Dice    AC Bonus    Int    Special
    1-2     +1    6  Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link
    3-4     +2    7  Deliver touch spells 
    5-6     +3    8  Speak with master
    7-8     +4    9  Speak with others
    9-10    +5    10  
    11-12   +6    11  Spell resistance
    13-14   +7    12 Scry on Zhi Ren
    15-16   +8    13
    17-18   +9    14
    19-20   +10   15
    The Special Abilities are the same found for those listed under Familiars in the PHB, with the exception of Speak with others. This ability alows the Zhi Ren to verbally communicate with those who aren't it's master, and they kno w any language he does.
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

wip

GHOST KING

Ghost King is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any creature who already has the Gui Template, and has at least 16 Hit Dice. Many are outlaws who have eluded the celestial police long enough to amass greater than usual power or followers. Many were some sort of nobility or had ties to the supernatural while living. Among the E Gui they are known as the Ghosts of Great Powers, and it takes a truly powerful Buddhist Priest or Demon to put one down.

Speed: Increase all Movement Scores by +10 ft, or double one of them.

Armor Class: Bonuses to Armor Class gained by the Gui template are now equal to the Gui's Charisma Score instead of their Charisma Modifier.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, and modifies them as follows:

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature (Except one Vulnerability, which it loses), and modifies them as follows:

Damage Reduction: DR now increases to DR 20/Epic and Good.

I Return What I Have Stolen (Su): The Gui may now return life to anyone it has stolen it from provided the body is intact (this still has the same time restrictions as True Resurrection).

Reward (Su): The Gui may now opt to cast Lesser Wish for the person who has aided it, but at a maximum of once per week

Spell Resistance (Ex): The Gui now gains Spell Resistance equal to 15 plus it's Challenge Rating.

Turn Resistance (Ex): The Gui's can no longer be destroyed by Turn Undead, but it still has Turn Resistance against the other effects.

In addition the Gui gains one Quality from the following list for every 8 Hit Dice it possesses:

Saves: Unchanged, unless there are changes in the appropriate Ability Scores.

Abilities: +4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Wis, +8 Cha.

Skills: Ghost Kings get a +8 Racial Bonus on Intimidation, and any one other skill they don't currently have a Racial Bonus in.

Feats: Ghost Kings get one Bonus Feat they qualify for.

Organization: Solitary, usually accompanied by many lesser Gui

Challenge Rating: <>

Treasure: Double Standard

Alignment: Unchanged, usually Evil

Level Adjustment: N/A, Ghost Kings are not meant to be PC's.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2015-02-21 at 08:52 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins