New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PEACH Exchange

1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PEACH Exchange

So, I resurrected one of my older homebrews to see if I could garner some critiques: Persevering Spell metamagic. Also, Equalization is new and has no comments.

Gonna try to run through the Legionary and Telekineticist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've peached persevering spell. I would like to have the noble in my signature peached.
    Commander: 3.5 Base Class
    Noble:3.5 Base Class
    The Scholar: 3.5 NPC/Dip Class
    Eldritch Outcast: 3.5 Template
    My System
    Defenses Overhaul 3.5 (WIP)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Given the Noble class a lookover, made a suggestion.

Would like some ideas on how to turn the Psychanuan Drone into a more powerful melee variant.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I've PEACHed Vita Dominus, Persevering Spell, Equalization, and the Psychanuan.

I'd appreciate it if anyone would PEACH the theurge triptych of Twice-Bound Soul, Inspired Inventor, and/or Nightwearer, in my signature. Particularly the first two, since I'm having trouble with certain parts of those (see the author note at the top).
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    Alright, new class guys. Will someone please PEACH my Vita Dominus class?
    I am in the process of reviewing this. Have posted, edited in more, and plan to post/edit in more.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    . Also, Equalization is new and has no comments.
    I PEACHED this.

I could use PEACH of my low-angst, non-evil, low LA vampire variant template, the Eripmav. Yes, I know the name is cheesy, but there is a very good reason I am using it. Not that I couldn't be talked into changing it for D&D purposes, but I did justify it.

There have been comments on this thread, but next to nothing that actually said anything about the template itself, other than something that was more about my homebrewing style in general (and which I provided a fix for) than to do with the template itself.

Going to go ahead and bump it...
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-03-04 at 08:48 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Peached Inspired Inventor. Would like a PEACH of my finished Psychanuan Warrior.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Done with the Noble. It would be nice to get the system in my signature PEACHed.
    Last edited by Plato Play-Doh; 2013-03-05 at 10:05 AM.
    Commander: 3.5 Base Class
    Noble:3.5 Base Class
    The Scholar: 3.5 NPC/Dip Class
    Eldritch Outcast: 3.5 Template
    My System
    Defenses Overhaul 3.5 (WIP)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

PEACHed:
    Concentration Metamagic, Deep fey, Equalization, Persevering Spell.

Requesting PEACH:
    Greater Succubus; http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274619

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Just posted in the Inspired Inventor thread, and Plato's system thread.

I could use some critique on the Zealous Scholar.

Thank you very much.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing as I'm not seeing any PEACH on the Greater Succubus, I am requestiong PEACH for the Generic Fighter:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274874

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Will someone PEACH the redone version of the Detective?
    My HTML to BB Code converter. Paste into the top box from any word processor/online source. No more tables by hand!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    Seeing as I'm not seeing any PEACH on the Greater Succubus, I am requestiong PEACH for the Generic Fighter:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274874
    Be patient, it's only been a few days. As soon as I have time (tomorrow?) I'm going to go through and PEACH most of the things that have been posted since I did last and request more PEACHes of my own.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Just so nobody thinks I am falling down on my share of things, I will quote the end of a series of PMs I had with Gnomes2169 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169
    Don't particularly need you to PEACH the rest, but I do appreciate what you have done. You are actually rather good at critiquing others' creations, and I found your advice rather helpful, I just seriously don't have time to work on it right now.

I'll be sure to shoot you a message when I get around to editing things, in case you still want to see version 2.0.
    Admittedly it did take me a while to start this series of PMs after I had posted a partial PEACH, but I didn't want to triple-post and several other people have already PEACHed it by the time I got there.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-03-16 at 06:44 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

I PEACHed the Psychanauan Warrior, the Detective, and the Zealous Scholar. I'm still looking on input on the three theurges in my signature, but as the Nightwearer hasn't seen any love (and I'm in the middle of revising the other two based on feedback), that's the specific one I'd like to see PEACHed.

(Oh, and if you PEACHed me and I didn't return the favor, PM me or mention it in your next request; I've been a little scatterbrained lately.)

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Re: PEACH Exchange

Anyone for my proteus? Working on any homebrew right now would really help me kickstart the creative process a bit. Willing to PEACH whatever you need feedback on.
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

I'd PEACH the Nightwearer, but I don't feel I know enough about incarnum.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-03-12 at 04:11 PM.
    Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Re: PEACH Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Grindle View Post
    Will someone PEACH the redone version of the Detective?
    Peached! I'd appreciate feedback on my proteus though
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

I did the Proteus, hopefully it helps. If you feel like it, the nightwearer in my sig could use some attention.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

I would help with Nightwearer, but I don't know anything about incarnum.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Working on the Bladesinger.

I'd be happy to take a look at other people's stuff, but I fear I'm not experienced enough to give a whole lot of feedback of my own.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still looking on input on the three theurges in my signature, but as the Nightwearer hasn't seen any love (and I'm in the middle of revising the other two based on feedback), that's the specific one I'd like to see PEACHed.
    Made a few suggestions for your Inventor and Nightwearer. Wouldn't object to you taking a peak at my Mage Scholar, link in my signature.
    Last edited by Waker; 2013-03-16 at 01:39 AM.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Still at Con, but on laptop for once.

Checking in to say that I got some P.E.A.C.H. going on the Eripmav, independent of this thread.

More would be welcome of course.
    Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peach my Shadowlord? Its my first bit of homebrew, so all ideas are appreciated. I'll peach anything people want me to, but it might take me a bit to get around to it.
    Last edited by anacalgion; 2013-03-18 at 10:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

PEACHED Proteus, Shadowlord. Looked at Bladesinger.

Just posted the last of the psychanuan. Probably needs the most work done.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2013-03-18 at 08:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by anacalgion View Post
    Peach my Shadowlord? Its my first bit of homebrew, so all ideas are appreciated. I'll peach anything people want me to, but it might take me a bit to get around to it.
    Done. Mind PEACHing the Razor?
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not at all. Let me fix up what you mentioned and then I'll get right on it.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Going to post something I said in a PM to someone who was requesting PEACH from me, but said that he didn't know enough about either PEACHing, or Homebrew/balance/enjoyability to PEACH in return.

If your problem is NOT (or not ONLY) with discerning game balance/playability in the work of others, here is something that may help. For ideas on discerning balance, look in the "Formerly Stickied Threads" thread of the homebrew forum, and look for the "How to Homebrew" and "Philosophy of Homebrewing"... plus read a lot of Homebrew threads and/or balance discussions in the other areas of the forum.

My general advice for giving PEACH:
    Consider carefully whether to read other people's comments (if any) before critiquing. A completely fresh perspective can help, but so can considering the ideas of others.

Be specific as you can afford the time to be. List specific abilities at least, and maybe go through and quote each part you are commenting on, or even the specific phrases.

Being specific has two main parts to it, what you say, and where you direct it.

First part: For instance, try to avoid simply saying something is overpowered. Give a reason it is overpowered, and if necessary, a specific example from play that you make up (or from actual play-test data if you do that). Also, whenever you say something needs to be changed, it is EVEN BETTER to be specific about how it should be changed. For instance, a lot of times people say my work needs to be "clarified". Which is something I can't usually do (maybe short of adding a play example, but that adds a LOT of words). I write things as clearly as I know how the first time. Which brings me to a side-point: People also say I should "simplify" things. Sometimes this falls under "clarify" (see previous sentence), but sometimes it is just something I am flat-out not willing to do, except MAYBE as a separate version of the homebrew. The lesson for critiquers here is to be at peace with having your advice rejected.

The second part: Be specific about what part you are critiquing with each thing that you say by quoting the post with the work in it, then closing the quotation right after the first part you want to comment on, then hitting enter twice, and pasting in the FULL opening quotation (or just opening it without a reference in the forum code if you are feeling really lazy). Then copy the closing, blank line, and opening. Keep this in your copy buffer as much as possible so you can insert it where necessary before starting each of your individual comments. Use those blank lines to start each comment. Delete any parts that are at least a paragraph (or three sentences) long of the stuff you are quoting that aren't necessary for other people to understand your quotes. If you do this in the middle of a quote, replace the missing part with <SNIP> which is NOT a forum code, but just lets people know that you removed stuff.

Lastly, really good critique should be a several part dialogue. The original work and the initial critique will usually be the longest parts, but check back occasionally to see if anything was said about your critique.

Should I post this in its own thread?
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-03-20 at 12:22 PM.
    Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Been a couple days, and I haven't heard anything yet on my Hive Master.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Been a couple days, and I haven't heard anything yet on my Hive Master.
    I took a look and posted my thoughts.

Did you have any thoughts on the Bladesinger when you looked at it? I made some revisions, and I'm working on some more now.
    Last edited by Nightgaun7; 2013-03-20 at 01:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaun7 View Post
    Did you have any thoughts on the Bladesinger when you looked at it? I made some revisions, and I'm working on some more now.
    Critiqued your Bladesinger. Wouldn't object to someone taking a peek at either my Meister or Mage Scholar. Preferably my Meister.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?