New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

I honestly couldn't tell what I liked most... although I'd have to say the Zilean Clock on the wall was pretty entertaining.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    The title was "We all need our supports" or something like that, so it makes, sense, I just noticed that Thresh is missing from the picture and he is a really popular support AFAIK... I feel he would be the scary caretaker who frightens childs into behaving.
    I remember seeing that picture way before Thresh came.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

3. - Top - End - #843
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    I remember seeing that picture way before Thresh came.
    Yup, it's an oldie; I believe it's been posted in this thread too. From last year, I think. Or maybe early 2013, not sure.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Really? I just found it today while browsing funnyjunk.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing relevant to the ongoing conversation, but I found this image just too cute not to share
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have this as one of my desktop wallpapers. Wish I had more from the artist.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Really? I just found it today while browsing funnyjunk.
    Funnyjunk, the site which only gets around to posting things like six months after it was new, and has more reposts than Reddit?
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Probably.....
    Just call me Dusk

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

I remember finding it and saving it a while back.

Maybe I should start putting dates on my picture files.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

you know Blitz is OP when the support asks who he should choose and all 4 other people reply BLITZ at the same time.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2013-09-24 at 07:27 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #850

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    you know Blitz is OP when the support asks who he should choose and all 4 other people reply BLITZ at the same time.
    Less OP, more Game Changer.

11. - Top - End - #851

Then he proceeds to land no hooks on lane, sits in the brush while enemy support harasses him and his AD down and forces the base and midgame he just pulls Zac in to save him the trouble of using Elastic Slingshot. Seriously, unless I know we're talking about a very good Blitz-player, I'd rather have just about any other support. Blitz is so very hit'n'miss and absolutely horrible on lane when behind.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2013-09-24 at 07:40 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Then he proceeds to land no hooks on lane, sits in the brush while enemy support harasses him and his AD down and forces the base and midgame he just pulls Zac in to save him the trouble of using Elastic Slingshot. Seriously, unless I know we're talking about a very good Blitz-player, I'd rather have just about any other support. Blitz is so very hit'n'miss and absolutely horrible on lane when behind.
    This one was pretty good. He landed most of his hooks (usually thru walls) and I didn't need to gank bot but once at the beginning.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take Thresh over Blitz just about 100% of the time.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'll take Thresh over Blitz just about 100% of the time.
    Thresh is also pretty ridiculous, to be fair.

And ugh, a reasonably competent Blitz is probably my most despised champion. His zone of control in lane is seriously frustrating.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Thresh is also pretty ridiculous, to be fair.
    Ridiculous (ri·dic·u·lous), adj.: Sort of like being outrageous, but not as good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So here's something I think I'm having a problem with: As a BRUISER, someone who dives the enemy backline (or has gapclosers to do so) like Irelia, Jax, Nocturne, Aatrox, etc. What do you do in late game?

Specifically: the situation is thus: the enemy has very strong brusiers, not a lot of mobility, but very tanky: Darius, Voli, Nasus, Yorick, Udyr, etc. They have a a low mobility mage and a high mobility ADC. You have a similar lineup in terms of backline. What do you do?

I think the major issue probably wasn't my play, but the fact that we had a support soraka who couldn't initiate like the enemy Sona, and our Xerath made several questionable decisions mid game that caused him to die (effectively he refused to kite and/or let me be our frontline and found himself very close to the enemy bruisers when in literally every other fight I managed to keep bruisers off him).

I feel like, especially as a jungler, I tend to do OKAY at applying pressure during early-mid game. But I often feel that once a game goes to past 30 minutes, I lose control of my ability to control the game at all.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

it depends on which of those champions you were playing and exactly how lategame is lategame.

it sounds like you were playing jungle aatrox, past a certain point you're just going to need to peel. your scaling sucks and their bruiser selection can probably kill you fairly trivially if you try to 1v1 their adc.

aatrox is only effective as an anti-carry in very specific situations, most of which aren't 5v5s.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Firbolg in the Playground

I hate to hedged this, but:

It depends on what champion, what matchups, what position you're all in, and what the engage looks like. Jax in particular likes to dive like a submarine on the carry and rely on the full-tank to initiate. I guess I'd say 'can the support peel?'

Which in your case is reason 500,000,000 why people don't play Soraka much.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

I have to admit, I like Steak's afro and his name. It's so easy to shout too: "RUN STEAK RUN!"

20. - Top - End - #860

Spoiler
    Show
    Can't say I was surprised by the SK 2-0 win. Piglet OP.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't say I was surprised by the SK 2-0 win. Piglet OP.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Impact was an absolute beast, completely unkillable.

We get a same region semifinal which is a disappointment since I want to see how NJS matches up with the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Joran; 2013-09-24 at 11:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    We get a same region semifinal which is a disappointment since I want to see how NJS matches up with the rest of the world.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This isn't so bad, no one really knows how NJBS matches up against other korean teams either.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well... We might have a contender for best ADC in the world with Uzi. Also, why would you not first pick Zed if he falls through?!

I'd highly, highly recommend OMG vs. Royal. Absurd aggression and really fun to watch.
    Last edited by Joran; 2013-09-25 at 12:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    well... We might have a contender for best ADC in the world with Uzi. Also, why would you not first pick Zed if he falls through?!

I'd highly, highly recommend OMG vs. Royal. Absurd aggression and really fun to watch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uzi is the best ADC in the world, I'm fairly certain. He looked like he could play on par with freakin' Faker, and Faker makes everyone else look bad. I'm excited to see SKT vs Royal (and I'm really hoping for SKT vs Royal).

If you looked after the Zed pick, OMG hovered over Kayle, which makes me think that they were considering the Kayle counterpick but chickened out at the last moment; if that's what happened and they were baiting for Kayle, like I suspect, boy did they mess up.

25. - Top - End - #865

OMG vs Royal: all the ridiculous aggression of bots, but with world-class skill to back it up. Definitely good games to watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Royal is looking very strong. OMG looked so good in the group stage, and Royal comes in and knocks them out. Uzi is amazing. Definitely looking forward to Royal vs Fnatic; should be cool to see the extreme aggression matched up against the teleport/mobility game of Fnatic.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

So...

What's a full item build for Zed look like, anyway?

I don't think I've seen any LCS or Worlds game with Zed in it get past Last Whisper, BoTRK, Brutalizer (most of the time they don't even make it to Black Cleaver) and Boots.

What would their last items be - a GA and maybe a Bloodthirster?
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-09-25 at 08:22 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

27. - Top - End - #867

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    So...

What's a full item build for Zed look like, anyway?

I don't think I've seen any LCS or Worlds game with Zed in it get past Last Whisper, BoTRK, Brutalizer (most of the time they don't even make it to Black Cleaver) and Boots.

What would their last items be - a GA and maybe a Bloodthirster?
    Depends on the enemy team, as always. BoRK, LW and Black Cleaver are more or less given; usually you want a Mercurial Scimitar on top, and then something else (Randuin's, Maw of Malmortius, Bloodthirster, GA, etc.) depending on the game.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    it depends on which of those champions you were playing and exactly how lategame is lategame.

it sounds like you were playing jungle aatrox, past a certain point you're just going to need to peel. your scaling sucks and their bruiser selection can probably kill you fairly trivially if you try to 1v1 their adc.

aatrox is only effective as an anti-carry in very specific situations, most of which aren't 5v5s.
    It was actually Nocturne. Similar type of hero though.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

So, finally got around to getting this game after stumbling on some VODs on YouTube.

Server: North America
    Forum Name: Artanis
    Summoner Name: LegacyCWAL

My experience so far:

I was fairly good at Tides of Blood* back in WC3, but that was a zillion years ago. Thus far I've played the two tutorials and a few Coop vs. AI games. I think I know of a couple things I know I need to learn how to do**, but even the most talented players (of which I am the exact opposite) would still be trash going into their literal second day with the game.

What I have:

-Level 5
    -Champions: Nunu (he's cheap, he's "Recommended", and he lets me call myself "Nunu-noob" ) and Ryze (which I instantly realized was a mistake since he's currently free).
    -Runes: One of the ultra-cheap Runes that I got just to get a look at how the system worked.

What I need for now:

Any very very general advice would be greatly appreciated. Even specific builds would be well beyond what I'm trying to learn at this point. A couple specific things I'd like to know:
    -Which Masteries, if any, are "Take this no matter what regardless of hero and build" and which masteries, if any, are "Even thinking about taking this is Doing It Wrong."
    -Similar advice for items (although slightly more specific). Stuff like "This item is required for AD Carries, this item is required for Tops, etc".
    -Whether it's better to start with Melee heroes (because it'd force me to learn not-getting-killed habits early) or Ranged heroes (because it'd let me learn other stuff without spending half the game waiting for my death timer to finish).

Many thanks in advance

*It had the same basic concept as DoTA, but significantly different strategy.

**Such as getting better at reliably last-hitting minions as opposed to just attacking them until they die.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2013-09-25 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

So my mouse broke down mid-game, one second it was working fine, the next it didn't respond at all. It was horrible and now I am trying to find a mouse that works beause trying to play with the mousepad is a horrible, horrible thing that no one should have to experience.
    Just call me Dusk