New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Prestige Classes for Duskblades?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    Hmm...after looking at this class....I'm gonna have to either steal a wizards spell book...or hope there is a wizard in the party (and when he dies, take his spell book). And I'm going to need to get myself a holy symbol to.
    You can just buy a book and pay for spells to put in it. It's a worth while investment. Plus if you don't encounter at least one spell caster in combat your DM is way to easy on you.

Edit: Also if there is a wizard in your campaign you don't have to wait for him to die. You can simply borrow his spell book for an hour in the morning.
    Last edited by Tibor; 2007-01-15 at 08:48 PM.
    "I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    - Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    You can just buy a book and pay for spells to put in it. It's a worth while investment. Plus if you don't encounter at least one spell caster in combat your DM is way to easy on you.

Edit: Also if there is a wizard in your campaign you don't have to wait for him to die. You can simply borrow his spell book for an hour in the morning.
    I choose death for the spellcaster!
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

LOL good enough...but wait till he's asleep.
    "I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    - Terry Pratchett

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    LOL good enough...but wait till he's asleep.
    And after a massive battle and thus he has exhausted his spell list. (While you a semi melee person has healed with wands of cure light wounds/lesser vigor).
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Just to be safe, you may want to get another wizard or a cleric to cast wish/miracle and remove the name/details about the guy's life so nobody casts raise's dead or resurrection on our now deceased wizard. Sure it may take the wizard several months to find you after he has a new spellbook, but remember everybody a pissed off wizard is scary *tinfoilhat*
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, odds are I won't have to worry about the wizard coming back...we rarely seem to bring back killed characters. I don't know why. lol
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax