New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Create-your-own Nightmare group of players!

Topic^

Here's mine:

Grunk
    Grunk, as a character isn't a problem, however, his player has the memory of a goldfish and even after playing the game for five years, still doesn't know the rules.
    Quote: "What die do I use for my greataxe's damage again?"
    D12: ME! MEEEE! Don't forget about me! I have so few friends....don't take that away from me.
    Race: Half-orc
    Alignment: N
    Class: Barbarian

Skinner
    Apparently, he has read the rulesbook one too many times on a particularly long and boring plane ride and now jumps over any GM that strays from the rules. Standard Rules Lawyer that will fuss over any ruling that tries to protect a plot-central character from being tracked down and assasainated by his poison arrows. His knowledge of the rules might have come in handy if he could be buddied up with Grunk, but sadly he refuses point blank because of some unknown out-of-game incident.
    Quote: "But I was using Tree shape! I wasn't disguised like a tree, I was a tree, dammit! No spot checks for you!" "Oh, I'm afraid that Paladins in fact can use power components to boost their Dispel magic test, even when its read from a scroll"
    Race: Human
    Alignment: LN
    Class: Ranger (Archery-specialized and armed with poisons from the BoVD)

Mr. Petrol
    Mr. Petrol is a very dangerous character to be in the same room with, on a count that he is carrying far too much alchemist fire. That wouldn't be a problem but he is also carrying around flasks of oil that are designed to explode upon impact and spread the oil over a 20-foot radius, the idea being to set it all up for an alchemist fire. Oh, and he's a sorcerer with all the fire-oriented spells, too! This little pyromanic is going to spell doom for the party if not in a blaze of glory, then with his character's fascination with playing around with cursed items and other things that should never be given to an idiot five-year old. Give him a bag of devouring and he'll be juggling it whenever the tavern gets crowded enough, or when the group really, REALLY, doesn't need a bag of devouring landing on the healer's head right at the moment.
    Quote: GM: The label says "Volcanic lair lava release valve. Don't touch. Ever." Mr. Petrol: WHHEEEEE!!! *Spins the valve until it falls off*
    Another quote: GM: Because of the Necromancer's drought, the forest is now dry and yellow. As you head deeper into the forest hear a rustling in the underbrush. Mr. Petrol: I cast Fireball at the noise! GM: Please tell me that was an obscure spin-off of the "I attack the darkness" joke.
    Race: Half-Fire elemental
    Alignment: CN
    Class: Sorcerer

Quicksilver T'ong
    A stealth munchkin. He was the only person who took a class that could heal (better than the Ranger, anyway), a Bard. With an 17 in charisma, maximum ranks in Bluff and Diplomacy, multiple languages, and a few well-chosen illusion and suggestion spells (including Glibness), he is clearly just filling in a niche (Two niches at once actually: Negotiater and healer) that needs to be filled and can't be up to no good, right? Wrong. He's made deals with various sinister underworld organizations and has gathered multiple connections with monster clans that he has convinced to attack farmlands when the party is in the area. He then uses the emergency as a bargaining chip to (under the party's nose) weasal property rights of certain resources in addition to the sum of gold he shares with the party. He handles all negotiations and sometimes leads the party to attack another group of humanoids that his monsters don't like or don't care about. With Suggestion, Change self, and a minor image in the shape of a halfling with the priceless artifact the guards were questioning Quicksilver about under his arm, Mr. T'ong has screwed over countless NPCs.
    Quote: *passes the GM a card* GM: *reads the card* Sigh...... Other Players: ?
    Race: Elf (Drow)
    Alignment: CE (Nondection ring)
    Class: Bard

Luthor
    The only thing more annoying then his never ending mistrust is his insistance on using Shakespearean quips whenever the GM discribes ANYTHING. For example, the GM will introduce a gelantinous cube and he will shout "A-ha! A jelly of acidic property! I shall slay you now, you oozing fruit of an unholy union!" Telling him the room smells of mildew cues a "What foul miasma is this?" He also kills anyone he detects as evil on sight.
    Quote: I do not trust ye, what is thy angle?
    Alignment: LG
    Class Paladin

Now post your own!
    Last edited by Thoughtbot360; 2007-02-22 at 02:54 PM.
    Thank you, Devil's Advocate for sending me this link so I can finally erase my old signature!

https://forums.giantitp.com/profile....=editsignature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Create-your-own Nightmare group of players!

Albrekt 1

This player is very knowledgable of the game and has played RPGs for ages and ages. He uses the PHB to check rules and make sure they are to his benefit. He does this a lot. Like any time there is a question of definition, he digs out the PHB and looks for the answer.
    He also uses the PHB any time his character goes into battle and take ages to decide on just what spell to use, grinding the flow of the game to a screeching halt.
    Quotes: "If I throw enlarge on you, it'll give you increased strength bonus. However, the ranger is at -3HP, maybe I should cast a cure light wound on him instead. Or should I just attack the BBEG?"
    Class: Cleric
    Race: Elf

Albrekt2

This Ranger has no ranged attack feats and has gone for the TWF style instead. The player misunderstood the "roll 4d6 and remove the lowest" during character creation and managed to get a STR of 20 and CON of 17. For an elf. When rolling any type of roll, he needs to be told what modifiers to use, even from round to round during battle, using the same weapons throughout.
    Quote: Player: "I rolled 13. And for my sword, my bonus is... ummm... +4... Oh, then minus the penalty for TWF, so that's -2."
    DM: "So your total?"
    Player: "Ummm.. I rolled a 13. So 17. Oh, and -2, so 15 total."
    Class: Ranger
    Alignment: NG
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2007-02-21 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Character names changed to protect the not-so-innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

shouldn't this be in Gaming?
    Hail to the grand poobah of the internet!
    Spoiler
    Show

Xerillum

Quote Originally Posted by NecroPaladin View Post
    ((On the plus side, a crapamancer makes his own material components.))

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have Luthor or the Albrekts.

I have all the others though.

5. - Top - End - #5

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I don't have Luthor or the Albrekts.

I have all the others though.
    Including Mr. Petrol? How many have died? (PC and innocent bystanders)
    Thank you, Devil's Advocate for sending me this link so I can finally erase my old signature!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

those are so funny! I am somewhat like Grunk, sorry to say. I still don't know how to do hitpoints for my character.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wiremu Mikaere Patariki Tipene
    Wiremu's philosophy of gaming is that making a weaker character makes for better roleplaying. He also insists that if you min max at all your rollplaying and therefore incapable of roleplaying (i.e. doing it wrong). Wiremu doesn't care if his character is actually a hindrance to the party because he doesn't think combat should ever occur in a proper game of dungeons and dragons.
    Quote: Gah, you’re all munchkins; I'm leaving.
    Race: a middle aged, blind kobold
    Class: Fighter
    Foolish girl! I am a druid, I have special abilities that are more powerful than your entire class! -Leeky Windstaff, evil gnome druid

On yer feet an' face me! Ye may haf the upper hand in magic, but thar's na way a primary spellcaster like ye can survive in melee fer long if'n he hadn't prepared fer it!

Ah, right. Druid. Ne'er mind, then.
    -Durkon Thundershield

Thanks to Simius for the awesome avatar!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Wiremu Mikaere Patariki Tipene
    Wiremu's philosophy of gaming is that making a weaker character makes for better roleplaying. He also insists that if you min max at all your rollplaying and therefore incapable of roleplaying (i.e. doing it wrong). Wiremu doesn't care if his character is actually a hindrance to the party because he doesn't think combat should ever occur in a proper game of dungeons and dragons.
    Quote: Gah, you’re all munchkins; I'm leaving.
    Race: a middle aged, blind kobold
    I played with this one before. The player made a mute character (that's really annoying, cuz he refused to talk at all during the game.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

You also forgot slick,
    The rogue who's only goal in life is to steal EVERYTHING from the party.
    "You don't know I stole it, so you can't be suspicious"

We had a chracter that stole the artifacts we had rested at great personal danger and through an entire half a campaign and sold them to the person we had just beaten.

10. - Top - End - #10

My worst was actually a character in a game of Mutants and Masterminds. He was real. Within ten minutes of the start of our first session online, he types the following:

Captain Majestic: Actually being an evil overlord, I drop behind The Edger and Nafrak, and I begin to charge the Magestic Bolt. *rolls Initiative, gets a 17*
    GM (me): As you do so, a column of energy falls from the heavens and engulfs you, dissolving your essence in a holy fire.
    Captain Majestic: Wait, what?
    *GM has banned Captain Majestic from chat*
    Nafrak: Nice.

The premise was a superHERO game, and online play works almost as well with two players as three. Plus, in an online game it's pretty easy to set things up for a new player the next week.
    Gallery 1Gallery 2Gallery 3Make Avatars With MS Paint
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Simius for the Xill Bard, Abardam for the Gray Rendar, Sampi for the Memphit, Rex for the Aristocrat and Onasuma for the Bearded Devil!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Both of these are actually based on me to some extent:

Sly McUnstable
    Sly fancies himself a strategic genius, but he refuses to let anyone else in the party know of his plans, because "that way it's a surprise". Instead, he tries to predict and manipulate the party's actions so that they go in accordance with his dubious plots. Usually ends up confusing his allies as much as his enemies.
    Quote: Sly: Okay, I create an illusionary wall around the carrion crawlers. PC: Do you tell us it's an illusion? Sly: No! The monsters might hear. PC: But... they don't even understand common. Sly: I can't take that chance!
    Race: Gnome
    Class: Illusionist

Mr. Cynical
    Mr. Cynical is a bit too obsessed with antiheroes, and is extremely reluctant to go on adventures because he thinks it would be out of character for him to do so. He is extremely critical of any NPC that fits an established archetype, as well as standard plot hooks.
    Quote: You want me to save the world, huh? Well isn't that original?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Malcontent the Moody
    Malcontent plays a brooding loner. Who broods. Alone. Whenever somebody puts forth a suggestion for what the party should do next, she raises a series of objections and requires at least fifteen minutes of convincing, but she doesn't put forward any suggestions of her own. Likewise, she is uninterested in any of the party's stated goals, but has no goals of her own to pursue either. She goes out of her way to avoid plot hooks and radiates dissatisfaction at all times.
    Quote: "Dragons are dangerous. I don't think we should fight the dragon. What did the innocent young princess ever do for us? No, I really don't think it's a good idea."
    Race: Half-Elf
    Class: Rogue with lots of Hide and Move Silently

Blaster Battlebrain
    Blaster lives in a world where everything exists for one of two purposes: To be destroyed, or to be used in the destruction of other things. When faced with anything that could possibly fall into the first category--including most NPCs--he attacks it using the most direct method available. Whether he stands the slightest chance of winning is irrelevant, the repercussions of his destructive deeds make no difference whatsoever, and he is genuinely baffled when other players object to the fact that he's going to drag them down with him. If the other players decide that discretion is the better part of valor and abandon him to his fate (or worse yet, side with the NPCs against him), he is deeply and personally offended.
    Quote: "Hey, if you'd stayed and fought we could totally have taken the great red wyrm. But what do you expect when you all run away? Jeez, you guys suck."
    Class: Sorcerer with all direct-damage spells

Spaz the Socially Irredeemable
    Gamers are not known for their social skills, but Spaz makes most gamers look like James Bond. He has a Charisma of roughly 4--that's the player, not the character--and a penchant for saying things, and having his character do things, that make everyone else at the table really uncomfortable. Nobody but gamers and similar outcasts will have anything to do with him, so his entire social life revolves around The Game. As a result, he insinuates himself into every campaign, despite the fact that everyone else in the group secretly wants him to go away. He's the first one to show up on game night, the last one to leave, and talks incessantly about gaming no matter where he is.
    Quote: *graphic and bloody description of what his character is doing with the two prostitutes he's hired, with racial slurs and sexist jokes thrown in*
    Alignment: NE
    Class: Any fancy prestige class he can dig up that will make him feel Extra Special
    Last edited by Dausuul; 2007-02-22 at 05:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

RogueGuy

Completely Out of it Man

This guy doesn't pay attention, at all. He sits at the table doing everything but gaming. He can only be stirred to action when it is his turn or everyone has stopped talking (the latter of which never happens). On his turn he looks at the board quizzically and then makes the absolute worst tactical decision ever.

Race: something cool or a human
    Class: Something cool or a "broken class"
    Alignment: Chaotic clueless

Quote: "Just let me finish this chapter."
    Ask a Ninja Ninja: "Soylent Green is Kermit"
    Risus for Solars:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post11188890

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Captain Indecisive

For Captain Indecisive, there's no such thing as an easy decision. He can spend five minutes deciding whether to take a 5-foot step along with his full attack, and five minutes more deciding which square to move to. Captain Indecisive doesn't want to do anything that will make anyone else in the party unhappy, so before he can take an action, he needs to be reassured that everyone in the party agrees with it.
    Quote: "Oh, is it still my turn?"
    Alignment: CG

Wannabe Strategist

This guy loves tactics, and loves advising everyone else and making strategic plans. Unfortunately, he sucks at it. Every plan he comes up with leaves out at least one crucial detail, and he'll execute it wrong as well. He can never restrain himself from giving advice to everyone else during the combat round, no matter how many times the GM tells him not to. If anyone tries to tell him what's wrong with his plans, he explains his plan in even more detail, adding more details and mistakes along the way.
    Quote: "No, no, don't do that! What you should do is . . ."
    Class: Wizard with an amazing collection of obscure spells that are incredibly complicated to resolve but don't seem to actually do much.

General Tangent

This is the guy for whom the words 'stay on topic' were invented. He never stays in character, ever, and whenever anything in the game reminds him of something from a TV show or a movie or the Internet, he just has to tell everyone about it. He does this about every three minutes, minimum. No amount of persuading, reasoning, or threats of violent death can stop him from making an out-of-character joke. When he plays in the same group as Captain Indecisive and Wannabe Strategist, the simplest combat round takes a minimum of twenty minutes to resolve. Captain Indecisive hesitates. Wannabe Strategist jumps in and suggests something. Someone else disagrees. Wannabe Strategist starts arguing. General Tangent makes a long OOC joke. GM tells Captain Indecisive to make up his mind and act. Captain Indecisive hesitates. Wannabe Strategist jumps in and suggests something . . .
    Quote: "Heh, this is just like that owl and panda video. Oh, you don't know about it? Well, it's from this forum I hang out on, and this really cool guy I know from there makes . . ."
    Race: Halfling
    Class: Rogue

- Saph

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Ifko- Whines every time a monster attacks his sorceror character who is sniping from the back of the room with magic missiles. Claims that an orc would not run past a melee combatant to smack him, because that's not what orcs do. Also complains that his sorceror has less hit points than everyone else, even with Toughness.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zephra View Post
    those are so funny! I am somewhat like Grunk, sorry to say. I still don't know how to do hitpoints for my character.
    Aww! Did anyone else notice that Durkon is a Grunk? :P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

17. - Top - End - #17

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jim the Explorer

This character can not stay focused on anything for longer than 12 seconds before moving onto the next thing. He will wander aimlessly from combat to look at the pretty pictures on the wall.
    Quote:Us: Ok, we follow our guide north.
    Him(as guide): Oh, I had given up on that. I was just following that butterfly.
    Class: Any, so long as it is vital that he be paying attention.

Captain Everything

This character has the pathological urge to be able to do everything and upstage everyone. He can't stand anyone else being in the spotlight, and will relentlessly run forward to do anything that needs doing, thus denying anyone else the ability to shine. This is even worse because he his horrible at doing anything because he tries to do everything.
    Quote: Wait-I'll take care of it. I've got three ranks in that.
    Class: Fighter 2/ Bard 2/ Rogue 4/ Wizard 1/ Cleric 1/Ranger 3. Also, at least 1 rank in every skill.
    Alignment: Whatever the rest of the party is-He will just try to be better at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraneaux View Post
    Adventurers. Murderous hobos with near-deific power who are both merciless and incredibly competent at personal combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

The AA member
    Race: Dwarf
    Rolls to see if he gets drunk. Even when he isn't in a bar. Even if he's out of money. Even if the other PCs are taking turns pickpocketing him.

The CoC and/or Tomb of Horrors veteran
    Believes everything is a trap, every piece of gold is cursed, and every NPC is out to kill him. Usually ends up carrying equipment equal to a fifth of his wealth by level since he refuses to grab any items retrieved in dungeons.

The frequent downloader
    Race: Five-thirds Drow, seven-ninths miscellaneous
    Creates characters almost entirely from third-party sources, including thrid party sources from different settings, editions, and games. Persists in heavily stacking unknown templates. Offers no explanation for when said character's race is incapable of having a functioning family tree.
    Alignment: NE
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2007-02-22 at 08:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

EvilClericGuy

AAD&D(Advanced Attention Deficits and Disorders)

A close relative of the Explorer, the AAD&D cannot focus on the current campaign to save his life. Constantly running off on his own to do something, anything not related to the adventure, he will try everything once. Everything, that is, except for participatewith the rest of the party. If there is some vague throw-away NPC around, he will want to know every aspect of their life. The BBEG? Nope, who cares.

Quote:"I want to go to (x) and do (y)."
    Race:Gnome
    Class:Obscure, Prestige, or both.
    Alignment:CN

Hannibal Smith

Sounds like a character from "The A-Team?" It should. He always has a complex plan, except when you find a back door to anything. Then he insists that you chrge through the front door because, "They'll be expecting us to sneak in back. No one goes in the front door."

Quote:"All we need is a plan."
    Race:Human
    Class:Knight, with the Leadership feat.
    Alignment:CG
    Last edited by Woot Spitum; 2007-02-22 at 08:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by UglyPanda View Post
    The AA member

The CoC and/or Tomb of Horrors veteran
    Believes everything is a trap, every piece of gold is cursed, and every NPC is out to kill him. Usually ends up carrying equipment equal to a fifth of his wealth by level since he refuses to grab any items retrieved in dungeons.
    I made a character like that once...

"You see a treasure chest"
    "I poke it"
    "Your finger sticks"
    "Augh!!!!! Strength check! Strength check!"

Later...

"You see a small house"
    "Someone else touch the door...."
    *Everyone disagrees*
    "Ok... I touch the door. Does anything happen?"
    "Yes. You are instantly disintigrated!! No. Your finger touches the door"
    "I... open the door."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Captain Awesome

This player has decided to have the 'coolest' in the party. No descisions are based on alignment or even common sense but some other factor known only as "awesimnity." Should the character encounter a demon, said demon must bear the full brunt of his max-ranked profession(Psychologist). Actually, if any enemy speaks one of his fifteen languages the character will put on his "graduation-cap-thingy" and showcase his perform(condescending reenactment of situation and thorough explination of what was done incorrectly). His only real problem, though, is that all of his feats/skills/monies have gone toward social interaction when the rest of the party is pretty combat-oriented.
    Quote:Player: "Wait... this passageway leads into a bank vault? I pound at the door."
    DM (I think hoping to finally get the chaotic party up to WBL): "Um, okay. The door slowly opens and two guards peer in, swords drawn."
    Player:"I would like to point out this obvious fault in the bank's architecture."
    DM: "They glance at the rest of the party loading their pockets and stare at you humorlessly"
    Player:"Before any sort of unwelcomed beatings are laid down, I look one of them in the eye and declare that I would like to make a deposit..."
    Race:Halfling
    Alignment:CG
    Class:Bard
    Last edited by Dr. Weasel; 2007-02-22 at 09:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtbot360 View Post
    Topic^

Here's mine:

Grunk
    Grunk, as a character isn't a problem, however, his player has the memory of a goldfish and even after playing the game for five years, still doesn't know the rules.
    Quote: "What die do I use for my greataxe's damage again?"
    D12: ME! MEEEE! Don't forget about me! I have so few friends....don't take that away from me.
    Race: Half-orc
    Class: Barbarian

Skinner
    Apparently, he has read the rulesbook one too many times on a particularly long and boring plane ride and now jumps over any GM that strays from the rules. Standard Rules Lawyer that will fuss over any ruling that tries to protect a plot-central character from being tracked down and assasainated by his poison arrows. His knowledge of the rules might have come in handy if he could be buddied up with Grunk, but sadly he refuses point blank because of some unknown out-of-game incident.
    Quote: "But I was using Tree shape! I wasn't disguised like a tree, I was a tree, dammit! No spot checks for you!" "Oh, I'm afraid that Paladins in fact can use power components to boost their Dispel magic test, even when its read from a scroll"
    Class: Ranger (Archery-specialized and armed with poisons from the BoVD)

Mr. Petrol
    Mr. Petrol is a very dangerous character to be in the same room with, on a count that he is carrying far too much alchemist fire. That wouldn't be a problem but he is also carrying around flasks of oil that are designed to explode upon impact and spread the oil over a 20-foot radius, the idea being to set it all up for an alchemist fire. Oh, and he's a sorcerer with all the fire-oriented spells, too! This little pyromanic is going to spell doom for the party if not in a blaze of glory, then with his character's fascination with playing around with cursed items and other things that should never be given to an idiot five-year old. Give him a bag of devouring and he'll be juggling it whenever the tavern gets crowded enough, or when the group really, REALLY, doesn't need a bag of devouring landing on the healer's head right at the moment.
    Quote: GM: The label says "Volcanic lair lava release valve. Don't touch. Ever." Mr. Petrol: WHHEEEEE!!! *Spins the valve until it falls off*
    Another quote: GM: Because of the Necromancer's drought, the forest is now dry and yellow. As you head deeper into the forest hear a rustling in the underbrush. Mr. Petrol: I cast Fireball at the noise! GM: Please tell me that was an obscure spin-off of the "I attack the darkness" joke.
    Race: Half-Fire elemental
    Class: Sorcerer

Quicksilver T'ong
    A stealth munchkin. He was the only person who took a class that could heal (better than the Ranger, anyway), a Bard. With an 17 in charisma, maximum ranks in Bluff and Diplomacy, multiple languages, and a few well-chosen illusion and suggestion spells (including Glibness), he is clearly just filling in a niche (Two niches at once actually: Negotiater and healer) that needs to be filled and can't be up to no good, right? Wrong. He's made deals with various sinister underworld organizations and has gathered multiple connections with monster clans that he has convinced to attack farmlands when the party is in the area. He then uses the emergency as a bargaining chip to (under the party's nose) weasal property rights of certain resources in addition to the sum of gold he shares with the party. He handles all negotiations and sometimes leads the party to attack another group of humanoids that his monsters don't like or don't care about. With Suggestion, Change self, and a minor image in the shape of a halfling with the priceless artifact the guards were questioning Quicksilver about under his arm, Mr. T'ong has screwed over countless NPCs.
    Quote: *passes the GM a card* GM: *reads the card* Sigh...... Other Players: ?
    Race: Elf (Drow)
    Alignment: CE (Nondection ring)
    Class: Bard

Luthor
    The only thing more annoying then his never ending mistrust is his insistance on using Shakespearean quips whenever the GM discribes ANYTHING. For example, the GM will introduce a gelantinous cube and he will shout "A-ha! A jelly of acidic property! I shall slay you now, you oozing fruit of an unholy union!" Telling him the room smells of mildew cues a "What foul miasma is this?" He also kills anyone he detects as evil on sight.
    Quote: I do not trust ye, what is thy angle?
    Class Paladin

Now post your own!
    y'know, these guys (except luthor), look a lot like the party in 8-bit theater:
    Grunk=Fighter
    Skinner=Red Mage
    Mr. Petrol=Black Mage
    Quicksilver=Thief
    "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words ... English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."

"The only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

23. - Top - End - #23

Devil

Kyeiothic Ivol

Kyeothic is the kind of guy who uses his alignment as a reason to do whatever he wants. He likes to leave the fighting to the party members as he likes to call them "useful stupid meatshields" and use his "cunning habilities in the arts of the shadows", again, as he likes to call his hide and move silently skills to bypass the enemies and steal as much as possible of the hidden treasure before the other party mambers have the oportunity to find it. He also will kill anyone in his way, just for the hell of it always saying "he was geopardizing the party". He only talks before killing if he can get any profit with it.
    quote: "I am following my alligment!"
    alignment: CE
    race: any
    class: rogue or barbarian, the one who can kill more things and make more profit.
    Paladin Review - A Class Balance by me
    Link

Originally Posted by Dyllan

Fawsto is definitely a lawyer. Nothing against what you said, Fawsto - but I've never read anything that sounded more like it came from a lawyer. :-)
    "Justice and liberty/You can't buy/But you don't get it free"
    - Bruce Dickinson, Born in 58

24. - Top - End - #24

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Macrovore View Post
    y'know, these guys (except luthor), look a lot like the party in 8-bit theater:
    Grunk=Fighter
    Skinner=Red Mage
    Mr. Petrol=Black Mage
    Quicksilver=Thief
    Actually, Mr. Petrol is just crazy and controlled by a player who just wants to be funny. The problem is, his jokes come at the expense of a TPK. He may very well destroy the world, but it will be entirely by accident. The player will, however, do everything in his power to increase the probability of some sort of "accident" occuring. Red mage is more of a cheating (Changes his stats around and fakes skills he doesn't have) Munchkin than a Rules Lawyer. The others, I do see a resemblence....

Also, NEW QUESTION!

How much would you pay for a ticket to see all the problem characters listed above fight it out in a deadly Free-for-all? I think it'd be so awesome. It might not last too long before a Mr. Petrol-related-accident has them all burning to death, but hey, you don't even NEED time to get drunk to enjoy those fireworks.
    Last edited by Thoughtbot360; 2007-02-22 at 11:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Kegger, with the power to be drunk and/or high!

This guy refuses to play in a state of mind that isn't somehow warped thanks to some chemical or another. He claims he gets into it more that way or some other complete nonsense that becomes apparent when he's either asleep, can't stop laughing, or is far more interested in his figurine then the game. This guy is always invited by a single member of the group and is such a burden that the whole group usually gets angry at the guy that brought him even more then Kegger himself. As an added bonus, this guy usually talks way too much when he's actually sober.
    Quote: "We should get some... uh... haha, I am totally wasted. *snore*"
    Class: Ninja, Swashbuckler, or Ninja/Swashbuckler
    Race: Whatever makes the least sense
    Last edited by Viscount Einstrauss; 2007-02-22 at 11:31 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of adventurers, for you are expendable and full of EXP.

Overblown fantasy action/adventure/comedy/drama/spoof. Updates M/W/F

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    General Tangent

This is the guy for whom the words 'stay on topic' were invented. He never stays in character, ever, and whenever anything in the game reminds him of something from a TV show or a movie or the Internet, he just has to tell everyone about it. He does this about every three minutes, minimum. No amount of persuading, reasoning, or threats of violent death can stop him from making an out-of-character joke. When he plays in the same group as Captain Indecisive and Wannabe Strategist, the simplest combat round takes a minimum of twenty minutes to resolve. Captain Indecisive hesitates. Wannabe Strategist jumps in and suggests something. Someone else disagrees. Wannabe Strategist starts arguing. General Tangent makes a long OOC joke. GM tells Captain Indecisive to make up his mind and act. Captain Indecisive hesitates. Wannabe Strategist jumps in and suggests something . . .
    Quote: "Heh, this is just like that owl and panda video. Oh, you don't know about it? Well, it's from this forum I hang out on, and this really cool guy I know from there makes . . ."

- Saph

When they're in the mood, this can represent most of my usual group.
    Kosmopolite

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here goes:

Sir Roleplaying Failure
    This guy makes all sorts of characters--everything from a Chaotic Neutral half-Orc Barbarian to a True Neutral Elven Wizard--but he doesn't know how to roleplay anything interesting. There's one personality for this guy's characters, and it's "generic".
    Quote: "My Barbarian character exclaims, 'We've got to hurry up and save the King before the ogres kill him!'" (when said Barbarian only has 6 Intelligence)
    Race: Any
    Class: Any
    Alignment: Any, but he can only act like a True Neutral character

Lord High Miniature Placement Ignorer
    This guy always uses the strongest spells with the widest range, but fails to take into account the existence of his allies. Thus, he ends up killing many of his partners with his spells, to the point where the DM won't let him play as anything with any shot at using area damage abilities.
    Quote: "I cast a Meteor Swarm into the battle, hoping to catch a few enemies in the blast...what do you mean it can't tell allies from enemies?"
    Race: Whatever helps his magic abilities the most
    Class: Any spellcasting class that gets area spells
    Alignment: Any, but the DM forces him to become Chaotic Neutral after he single-handedly kills off everyone except the Rogue with Evasion

Joe McKleptomania
    If it's not nailed down and on fire, he'll steal it. If it is nailed down and on fire, he'll steal it anyway. Doesn't understand why his allies don't help him out when he has the town guard out for his head.
    Quote: "That evil altar should fetch a handsome price...I steal it."
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

J the Necromancer
    He plays a Cleric, but he chose to rebuke undead instead of turning them. He also prepares no healing spells, because that would be one less undead controlling spell. Domains are anything to do with death and necromancy.
    Quote: "But then I wouldn't be able to cast Animate Dead as much!"
    Race: Any
    Class: Cleric
    Alignment: Any Evil

NOTE: The above characters are all fictional (I hope, I pray).
    Last edited by Not a Paladin; 2007-02-23 at 12:03 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

4 half orc barbarians

DM: "the innocent looking bystander walks through the door"

"I KILL IT!, he's dead"

DM: "sigh"
    "We will not give up, We will not despair, for we are on a mission from God"

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD

if you have a question about real guns go to http://world.guns.ru
    and that should answer it

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Oh lordy. General Tangent and Spaz the Socially Irredeemable both are present in full force at my group.
    Click the spoiler tag for a link to my forums!
    Spoiler
    Show

Please visit my forums! We've got a great community and a lot of excellent free form RPing!

Thanks to DrKarling for the awesome avatar!

30. - Top - End - #30

Sir Lancelot the Brave
    Responds to any situation with direct, brute force. His first instinct when faced with a dilemma is to kill the nearest NPC, be it friend or foe. If presented with a "fight or flight" situation, he will invariably choose to fight, no matter what the odds. Believes himself to be brave, grand, and heroic.
    Quote:
    NPC: The Princess is being held hostage in that castle over there...
    SLtB: I draw my sword and charge towards it.
    DM: ...there are a dozen guards in front of the castle, plus two clerics and a wizard.
    Other PCs: We stay back.
    SLtB: I charge and attack them.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?