New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default 1001 Strange PCs and NPCs

I'm curious how many weird characters we can get here...

1. An awakened squirrel monk (Actually a character in a game I'm in....it took down an ettin on it's own )

2. Kender psion....the horror...
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: 1001 Strange PCs and NPCs

3) 20th level character, 1 level of every caster class - How many 1st level spells was that?
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A reincarnated squirrel. Returned as a drooling, animalistic dwarf.

Thankfully, the *cough* "neutral" "ex" assassin put him out of his misery.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

A lychantrope, half-dragon Solar with the Vampiric dragon template on top. ^^
    (if anyone's wondering, he was a rogue).
    Last edited by Aximili; 2007-03-04 at 09:31 PM.
    Join the BARD DEFENSE LEAGUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    "No, that spell is designed to summon cupcakes for you to eat. You can't create it inside your enemy's brain."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I had an ultrastrong tiefling barbarian protecting a psychotic demonologist/wizard in the abyss. The tiefling had incredible intelligence, but a wisdom score of around 6. He was fun.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I once made a Vampire Cleric of Pelor.

I've learned that a Bone Mephling looks almost identicle to a fiend.

A Pixie Reaping Mauler IS something to afraid of.

The Derro Fighter dual-weilding a Heavy Pick and a Battleaxe is pretty scary. Especially when he eats the Centaur.

Half-Fiend Aasimars or Half-Celestial Teiflings have potential.

A Mongrelfolk, Duegar, or Svirneblin Bard... Particularly the Mongrelfolk.

Can't my beloved NPC Stonecutter - The Dwarf Dread Pirate.

Well, the most recent I have is an Awakened Rat Beguiler. Strange, but awesome... Especially because it's NE.
    Last edited by JackMage666; 2007-03-04 at 11:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

We had a party of three half orcs, one of which was a paladin of gruumsh who was being led by an elf. The paladin's knowlege religion was -2 so he completely forgot they didn't like elves.
    Get thee to a nunnery!!!!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

The old hobo who was shouting about how only the Power Rangers could protect children from the evil of Mr Rogers. He's right, too.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

The Inner Sanctum. Gender: I haven't checked yet.

Among my characters:

An undead-hating, undead Paladin (duh.)

A horribly malicious and hellishly powerful gnome cleric, driven insane because everyone wouldn't take him seriously and thought that whatever good he did, it was actually a "grown up."

A lich treant, burned down eons ago and protecting the wilderness through necromancy.

A kobold, convinced that he is actually the reincarnation of a legendary human fighter. Not likely, as for starters he can only speak pidgin Common. Has a scary knack for traps, though, including a giant ballista set up between two trees that hurled attacking bugbears 300 feet. Even after this, he still acts like he beat them fair and square. Not to shabby with his spear, anyway.

And the piece de la resistance-

A corrupt avenger who lost his family to a fairy prank gone wrong...Thus, whenever this seemingly normal human townsperson sees a cute widdle pixie, his jaw opens to an obscene degree, his eyes rot out of his sockets to be replaced by flame, his skin sinks and bubbles, turning sickly green, his skeleton warps and gives him a hunched, but massive figure, spines and worms erupt from him, staining him with blood, and he draws a wickedly hooked +3 keen wounding spiked chain.

He promptly screams "FAIIIIIIRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEESSSSS!" like the voice of hell itself, brutally tears the guts out of every adorable 4-inch-tall fey in sight (if he has a free hand, biting their heads off), and then turns human and goes back to his daily business as though nothing happened.

The peasants tended to shy away from that character. And, considering he can sense them and WILL hunt them down, fairies tend to stay MILES away.

I think his name was something like "Daedric Kess, Drinker of Fairy Blood." It's been a while since I played him, as he obviously wasn't the most multi-dimensional of PCs.
    Last edited by NecroPaladin; 2007-03-05 at 12:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Town Characters, pictured left to right:

State Namesake District Revenant (With Ms. E's Iris) Malleo Morbius Deckard and Dexter
    for State, Malleo, District
    for Morbius
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrmore View Post
    Many people have asked themselves; What is the ultimate moment-killer?
    The real ultimate moment-killer is a giant horde of zombies.

10. - Top - End - #10

OldWizardGuy

Odd PC's:

Loki's intelligent joybuzzer. It could change shape into a variety of more useful forms.

A druid who clothed himself by bonding pieces of his foes' clothing and armor to his skin. Don't ask. We eventually left him for dead in the Plane of Air.

An elf wizard who could make himself invulnerable to almost any attack but be unable to affect the world around him while he did so. Who also had permanent spider climb and true seeing. And was still outclassed by our foes.

A Professional (Traveller T20 campaign) who was artificially made psionic (PSI 14). Could repair or reverse engineer ANYTHING due to skill cheese and ridiculous INT.

A deposed baroness who became worshipped as a fertility/love goddess after sleeping with 100 soldiers without failing a CON check and then later gave birth to the antichrist.

As for NPC's? Sheesh, my GM's campaigns have 1001 on their own.

The intelligent, human-sized hamster traders with a tent that lead to another universe.

The uber-powerful bipedal insectoid that was supposed to help save the world but instead got posessed by an epic BBEG.

An intelligent, oversized cockroach with sorceror levels that got turned to evil.

A small floating glass orb posessed by the spirit of a 5-year-old girl that posessed ridiculous magical powers.

An awakened squirrel druid that the party drove to evil because we were mean to him. He FoD'ed our cleric.

Several varieties of sentient robots, one of whom went crazy and became obsessed with taking the faces off of people and wearing them.

A sentient cat who was merely the physical manifestation of a multidimensional being from outside our universe.

The ghost of a 7-year-old child abuse victim, who we also turned evil but are now in the process of fixing (we hope).

And many others.
    Last edited by Nahal; 2007-03-05 at 12:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

One time I decided to play a dwarf who had been abandoned as a child and gone slightly insane. This had somehow caused him to become aware of his existence within a game and would do things like blame the DM for his misfortune and cared little for the lives of others; they were after all just sets of numbers within a much greater beings pastime. Before I ever got a chance to play him I realized that while entertaining on paper, such a character would quickly becomes tiresome.
    Foolish girl! I am a druid, I have special abilities that are more powerful than your entire class! -Leeky Windstaff, evil gnome druid

On yer feet an' face me! Ye may haf the upper hand in magic, but thar's na way a primary spellcaster like ye can survive in melee fer long if'n he hadn't prepared fer it!

Ah, right. Druid. Ne'er mind, then.
    -Durkon Thundershield

Thanks to Simius for the awesome avatar!

12. - Top - End - #12

A Psuedonatural Squirrel (unawakened) with the Lichloved feat. Toss in some other stuff from the BoVD for "teh win".
    Gallery 1Gallery 2Gallery 3Make Avatars With MS Paint
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Simius for the Xill Bard, Abardam for the Gray Rendar, Sampi for the Memphit, Rex for the Aristocrat and Onasuma for the Bearded Devil!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lankybugger View Post
    A Psuedonatural Squirrel (unawakened) with the Lichloved feat. Toss in some other stuff from the BoVD for "teh win".
    Give it a few feats from the BoEF too. +6 to a stat of your choice for 24 hours!
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JackMage666 View Post
    No, a Ghost with the Telekinesis supernatural ability, 5 levels of something with Concentration as a class skill (Monk suggested, for extra grapple damage), Master of the Unseen Hand, and THEN Reaping Mauler is something to be afraid of. Grappling at 800+ feet with your CL for BAB(which should equal your ECL, as MotUS gives a CL bonus to telekinesis, which makes up for the Ghost template's LA) and CHA instead of STR? Yes please.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

A werewolf catfolk enchantress
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

i once had a werebadger samurai- he was cool

and a vampire who was crazed because he never drank blood (to the point that it warped it little undead mind)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

A badger hengeyokai wu jen. Who summoned fiendish dire badgers. "It's a badger badger badger badger badger badger..."
    A psychotic halfling warlock with a +30 to Intimidate. Despite being 3'2".
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi omniam pecuniam mihi dabis, saxum immanem ad caput tuum mittam.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground

A friend played a Insectile fighter,rouge,wizard,druid,devoted defender,fang of lolth,shadow adept goblin called pablo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Old) town characters:
    Mourn(half orc) Tethost(tiefling wizard)
    thanks Vael for the avatars

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

A Half-Celestial Scorpionfolk Ranger with a Major Titan Bloodline riding an Ankheg. I have DMed a game with this monstrosity being a PC.
    Off DES good taste is giraffe! This because ginnochhio he in cake.

~How not to use Alter Self~
    Spoiler
    Show
    Me as DM:You are surrounded by orcs who demand your gold.

Changeling Warlock (In the form of a 16 year old girl):I walk up to their leader and say, "Are you so sure about that?" as I use my Alter Self ability to grow a large bulge in my pants.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aximili View Post
    A lychantrope, half-dragon Solar with the Vampiric dragon template on top. ^^
    (if anyone's wondering, he was a rogue).
    Well, RAW, it is twice impossible.

1) Lycanthrope templates can be added to only humanoids and giants.

2) Vampiric Dragon template can only be added to true dragons, because it has a age category requirement.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Unusual characters? Let me think... MY WHOLE PARTY!

1. Me, an evil doctor wizard that collects organs. Born and raised in Underdark.

2. Banelore Blackclaw, Lord of the chickens. Seriously.

3. A Raptoran Ranger. Actually not that weird.

4. An utterly insane rouge. Slaughtered a shopkeeper for annoying the evil wizard.
    My sister has more ranks in Tumble then your level 13 rogue!

(Seriously. She's a gymnast.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    I'm not gonna pass up a 4 armed hug!
    STOCKS:
    Spoiler
    Show
    40 HNJO $240

Total cost: 240

Total left: 760
    Townies: Fualkner and Fellus

Edge Riders: A new RPG system in the making. We need more members, so click that link!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

A kobold ninja. Actually took down some horrible abomination of the underworld in one turn, doing 101 damage. He was in a group with a blackguard, a tiefling, and a mindbender who kept a cave troll as his slave. These were the good guys in that campain.

An insane blind gnoll ranger with the archery combat style. Actually, he was really damned good. He had been a mercenary in the Last War, and was cought just outside the border on the day of the Mourning, running a scouting mission for his army. So, the counrty employing him now in ruins, his eyesight destroyed by the mourning, and his mind gone, he wandered the continent for a while, not knowing that the war was over. He mainly just killed travelers on the road outside Sharn. Eventually, he found out the war was over, and signed on with some adventurers. His death came not by monsters or traps, but by the law; he was eventually hunted down by Brelish authorities, who had him hanged from a tower overlooking Sharn's harbor for his banditry.

The ghost of an elven ranger. An elven ranger with undead as his favored enemy, who worshipped a god that hated undead. He had started the campain as a living elf, and was a prized ranger in his church's service. He was sent on a ission by his family to go find his necromancer cousin and bring him back to the family's home to attend the funeral of his grandfather. Naturally, the ranger (Skycrown Coldwind) hated this mission. He went on the mission nonetheless, found his cousin (Leafdance Coldwind), gave him the message, fought a terrorist known as the Rooftop Archer, meta teifling paladin and her goblin friend, and eventually went back home, to attend to funeral. On the way there, he was captured by troglodytes, who tried to sacrifice him. He killed them all, save for the last one, who killed him. He awoke to find a crow eating his body.

Koboldsarbeiter avatar by Mindfreak

23. - Top - End - #23

The hardest encounter ever: 12 dancing dire badgers, three funguses, and a huge python. If those aren't weird NPCs, I do not know the meaning of weird.
    + forever!

Spoiler
    Show

Avvie by Ichneumon, siggy by Hive Mind

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

(I stated my first in a dungeon)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

The Inner Sanctum. Gender: I haven't checked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMage666 View Post
    Hehehee! Dude, look at my post!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Town Characters, pictured left to right:

State Namesake District Revenant (With Ms. E's Iris) Malleo Morbius Deckard and Dexter
    for State, Malleo, District
    for Morbius
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrmore View Post
    Many people have asked themselves; What is the ultimate moment-killer?
    The real ultimate moment-killer is a giant horde of zombies.

25. - Top - End - #25

A warlock lich that manages to finish taking levels in Green Star Adept...

By the laws of templates, the UNDEAD "lich" becomes a CONSTRUCT lich.
    A metal, skeleton that is massively strong, nigh indestructible, and keeps coming back to life. (TERMINATOR!)

Please explain to me why anyone would expect a construct to have a phylactery.
    D&D: Libra Edition
    An update to the core 3.5 system

Currently posted
    Barbarian (Updated- Table completed)

Coming soon...
    Bard

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm, let's see...

Sir Finchblade, a pixie knight for a game on these boards. The knight class. His race and class neatly counterbalanced one another in most ways; can't fly with heavy armor, can't wear armor without getting it specially made to accomadate the wings, can't hit people while invisible or you violate the code of conduct. Pixies in the game were tiny, so he couldn't approach your standard human without drawing attacks of opportunity. And using spell-like abilities is unchivalrous. He didn't turn out to be that bad, though. And he was a lot of fun. "Stand and do battle, knaves!"

I also think I should mention Neophyte's wereweasel psychic warrior using the Illithid Heritage feats here.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #27

RogueGuy

Merfolk Pyrokineticist. She is a very depressed merfolk.
    Ask a Ninja Ninja: "Soylent Green is Kermit"
    Risus for Solars:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post11188890

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I also think I should mention Neophyte's wereweasel psychic warrior using the Illithid Heritage feats here.
    *feels special*

Nothing like a tentacled weasel to brighten up someone's day.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

29. - Top - End - #29

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    *feels special*

Nothing like a tentacled weasel to brighten up someone's day.
    "Brighten" is not the word I would use. "Lovecraftify," however, serves quite well.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Papa Loove, pimping it out in the year 1483, platform boots, pimp cane and all.
    "We will not give up, We will not despair, for we are on a mission from God"

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD

if you have a question about real guns go to http://world.guns.ru
    and that should answer it