New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1161
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Sarada is a near perfect character design except for her ****ING HIGH HEELS.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Sarada is a near perfect character except for her ****ING BORUTO SHIPTEASE.

but you have a point about the high heels.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought she wore boots with exposed toes?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #1114

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Sarada is a near perfect character except for her ****ING BORUTO SHIPTEASE.

but you have a point about the high heels.
    You are CORRECT. Do not date your ****ing... quasi cousin Sarada.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I thought she wore boots with exposed toes?
    She wears HIGH HEELS with exposed toes.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-27 at 10:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115

I mean, their common ancestor was from over a thousand years ago. Consider that, per the Itiachi Shinden Novel, Itachi's alluded to in the manga girlfriend was like, his second cousin and the fact that every Uchiha looks the freaking same, a hypothetical child of Boruto and Sarada would most likely be less inbred than Sarada herself is.

The problem is that Bort has whisker marks. Naruto has Whisker Marks becuase he was exposed to Kurama's chakra pre-natally. So, somehow, Naruto was able to pass some of Kurama's chakra down to his unborn children.

This means that Naruto probably passed down some of the rest of the tailed beast's chakra and maybe even Asura's or the Hogoromo's Yang Chakra... And considering that his arm was cultured either from a piece of Zetsu or from Hashirama's cells directly, Hashirama's chakra is in the mix, too.

And if Naruto could pass along his tailed beast chakra, then Sasuke, who also has the chakra of the tailed beasts and possesses Indra's chakra and the Six Path's Yin, most likely, would have likewise passed it down to Sarada.

A hypothetical Bortsalad baby would have almost all of the ingredients needed to resurrect Kaguya. If those two grow up and have a kid then Kaguya could be summoned by accident.

Which is why I ship Bort with Mitsuki. Mitsuki's also got probabilistic genes since he's basically a modified clone of Orochimaru, but the chances of those two having a kid are slim to none(I'm not saying no, becuase... Orochimaru) ad even if they do somehow have a mad-science baby all that would result in is a God-Baby, not a God-Baby that could spontaneously generate a new Kaguya if they learn the wrong skills.

Anyway, since I'm binge watching, here's my review of The Final Lesson
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, nothing special really happens here other than Mitsuki learning to think outside the box.

At least people who can do something about it know about the evil chakra that possesses sad and/or angry people now.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    A hypothetical Bortsalad baby would have almost all of the ingredients needed to resurrect Kaguya. If those two grow up and have a kid then Kaguya could be summoned by accident.
    Neither of those are the reason not to bang Boruto.

The reason is because Boruto is a spoiled jerk. nothing about him is sympathetic. he is like that rich kid who goes around flashing wads of cash at people while his father is working hard to manage the finances so that stuff goes to charity. he has all the power his father didn't but none of the character that made Naruto a good person. and this might've been good, if he was the RIVAL to Sarada's story.

because all Boruto wants to do, is get out of his father's shadow, not be Hokage. thats good, that makes sense...but it isn't a goal. thats something he wants to ESCAPE. that doesn't leave him any identity afterwards if he somehow achieves that. thus his goal is kind of directionless. like not being Naruto's shadow is not hard, he is an idiot, you want to not be like him just be a total nerd in scientific field that will kill any chance of people seeing any resemblance to him instantly AND destroy any chances of becoming hokage in fell swoop. heck just go find Orochimaru and ask him to teach you stuff that will solve your problem immediately. but acting out and being an action hero? sorry bub, thats exactly what your father did.

but of course a later episode implies that deep down he wants to be hokage anyways he just doesn't realize it yet. so its all pointless.

but still, Boruto is someone who doesn't know what he wants to be or he is going, doesn't respect or appreciate what his father is doing or how hard he worked for the life he has now, and just takes everything he has for granted. that ain't a good guy for Sarada to be with. she can do better. like Cho-Cho. like Chocho and Sarada should just kiss already, but I'm biased towards having more lesbians.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

The 5th is still alive correct? She should take Boruto away from the village on an adventure, both to spoil him, but also to force him to do menial labor when she loses all her money on her due to gambling.

8. - Top - End - #1118

The reason is because Boruto is a spoiled jerk. nothing about him is sympathetic. he is like that rich kid who goes around flashing wads of cash at people while his father is working hard to manage the finances so that stuff goes to charity. he has all the power his father didn't but none of the character that made Naruto a good person. and this might've been good, if he was the RIVAL to Sarada's story.

because all Boruto wants to do, is get out of his father's shadow, not be Hokage. thats good, that makes sense...but it isn't a goal. thats something he wants to ESCAPE. that doesn't leave him any identity afterwards if he somehow achieves that. thus his goal is kind of directionless. like not being Naruto's shadow is not hard, he is an idiot, you want to not be like him just be a total nerd in scientific field that will kill any chance of people seeing any resemblance to him instantly AND destroy any chances of becoming hokage in fell swoop. heck just go find Orochimaru and ask him to teach you stuff that will solve your problem immediately. but acting out and being an action hero? sorry bub, thats exactly what your father did.

but of course a later episode implies that deep down he wants to be hokage anyways he just doesn't realize it yet. so its all pointless.

but still, Boruto is someone who doesn't know what he wants to be or he is going, doesn't respect or appreciate what his father is doing or how hard he worked for the life he has now, and just takes everything he has for granted. that ain't a good guy for Sarada to be with. she can do better. like Cho-Cho. like Chocho and Sarada should just kiss already, but I'm biased towards having more lesbians.
    Yes, becuase god forbid a protagonist has personality flaws that they grow out of over the course of the story. Also, Boruto doesn't throw around money or his dad's name. The second episode has a whole thing about his resenting it when people think he's riding his dad's coattails.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1119

I mean, their common ancestor was from over a thousand years ago. Consider that, per the Itiachi Shinden Novel, Itachi's alluded to in the manga girlfriend was like, his second cousin and the fact that every Uchiha looks the freaking same, a hypothetical child of Boruto and Sarada would most likely be less inbred than Sarada herself is.

The problem is that Bort has whisker marks. Naruto has Whisker Marks becuase he was exposed to Kurama's chakra pre-natally. So, somehow, Naruto was able to pass some of Kurama's chakra down to his unborn children.

This means that Naruto probably passed down some of the rest of the tailed beast's chakra and maybe even Asura's or the Hogoromo's Yang Chakra... And considering that his arm was cultured either from a piece of Zetsu or from Hashirama's cells directly, Hashirama's chakra is in the mix, too.

And if Naruto could pass along his tailed beast chakra, then Sasuke, who also has the chakra of the tailed beasts and possesses Indra's chakra and the Six Path's Yin, most likely, would have likewise passed it down to Sarada.

Which is why I ship Bort with Mitsuki. Mitsuki's also got probabilistic genes since he's basically a modified clone of Orochimaru, but the chances of those two having a kid are slim to none(I'm not saying no, becuase... Orochimaru) ad even if they do somehow have a mad-science baby all that would result in is a God-Baby, not a God-Baby that could spontaneously generate a new Kaguya if they learn the wrong skills.

Anyway, since I'm binge watching, here's my review of The Final Lesson
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, nothing special really happens here other than Mitsuki learning to think outside the box.

At least people who can do something about it know about the evil chakra that possesses sad and/or angry people now.
    I am 500% sure that you cannot ressurect someone who isn't even dead by having a baby that happens to have similar genetics to it.

But then there's like a 9/10 chance that this takes place in the world of Samurai 8, given next month there's going to be a crossover chapter or two, and all the bull**** nonsense in that series more than allows for the absolute insanity that you just described.

For what it's worth I also think she shouldn't date him because Boruto is a putz.

I'm 100% in on more lesbians but Cho-Cho is a no-no. Boruto might be a generally pretty bad character but he at least has character. Cho-Cho is worse of a walking fat joke than her dad and it sucks.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

I am 500% sure that you cannot ressurect someone who isn't even dead by having a baby that happens to have similar genetics to it.

But then there's like a 9/10 chance that this takes place in the world of Samurai 8, given next month there's going to be a crossover chapter or two, and all the bull**** nonsense in that series more than allows for the absolute insanity that you just described.

For what it's worth I also think she shouldn't date him because Boruto is a putz.

I'm 100% in on more lesbians but Cho-Cho is a no-no. Boruto might be a generally pretty bad character but he at least has character. Cho-Cho is worse of a walking fat joke than her dad and it sucks.
    1. Zodi, he is probably right about bringing back Kaguya. its a lot of nonsense involving at least 11 shards of divinity, two bloodlines, morrowind style mantling, and whether the child looks at the moon while speaking the words "Infinite Tsukuyomi" but- wait.

....Rater, wouldn't the Bortsalad child not have Indra's or Asura's chakra? because you said in our other discussions about this that its not enough for someone to inherit the bloodlines, like Indra and Asura's chakra are like shards of divinity that are only available to people to emulate their lives enough in a spiritual manner to count. sure they'd have the blood, but how would the child live a life that emulates both Indra AND Asura at the same time?

2. Fair, but then who to lesbian Sarada with, that is the real important question here.

11. - Top - End - #1121

Kaguya is currently in the exact same condition she was in when she was sealed away the first time: A comatose body trapped in a moon with her chakra divided among nine other entities.

All that's needed to free her again is to create a compatible vessel with a similar chakra signature and then pump it full of chakra till they infalte like a balloon. A hypothetical Bortsalad Child would be garrunteed to develop the Rinnegan and thus the ability to absorb chakra.

As for Chocho, the problem isn't that she's a walking fat-joke. I mean, there's an in-universe reason for the compulsive eating and apparently she has an arc in the Anime about how being comfortable in your body is more important that what others think. That, and unlike her father looking at her character model she actually is "chubby." Chouji's a good guy but he was just under the cut off for morbid obesity when he was her age. (Which might be a double standard but whatever.)

The problem is that she has an obnoxious personality. She judged boys by their appearance, is borderline delusional, and tends to think that things are about her.

Also
    Spoiler: Love And Potato Chips
    Show
    Chocho, no. don't ship a girl with the guy stalking him. Even if he's just awkward he's acting obsessively.

If his feelings are genuine he can come back and ask her out when he's not being a creep about it.

Like, taking pity on him is one thing but trying to force the confrontation... You have no idea how he'd gonna handle rejection.

and hey, he got possessed and turned into an actual stalker. The conflict of this episode is basically Chocho's fault.

side note: why is there a Ninja art class? I can understand math but a Ninja academy seems like it'd offer a specialized curriculum.

@Raz:

"Shard of Divinity" is a bit too strong a term.

It's more "the signature of their soul and life force." At some point, whatever's left of Asura and Indra latches on to whoever of their Descendents is the closest match and their chakra amalgamated with the reincarnates(which is why Naruto's chakra feels different from Hashirama's even though they are both reincarnate's of Asura.)

It's sort of like an Avatar Thing: Each Avatar is considered to be the reincarnation of the previous, but in actuality it's just that they're all connected to/merged with a specific spirit and retain their own separate existence. The difference is that, if I'm reading it right, Indra and Asura latch on sometime in lat adolescence rather than at birth.

But that's only part of the problem. See, it's not being Asura or Indra's Reincarnate that's needed. It's having their chakra, or rather, the unique properties of their chakra.

And we know that the properties of someone's chakra can be passed down: The Six Path's divine chakra was split into differant aspects and his sons, somehow, inherited exactly have of those aspects.

If Naruto was able to pass down the properties of Kurama's chakra to his kids(as shown by their whisker marks,) then it's possible that Sarada and Boruto have inherited the necessary chakra traits to recreate the Six Paths Chakra, especially since Naruto and Sasuke each have half of the Sage's actual Chakra in addition to being the respective reincarnates.

which wouldn't be a problem if saradawasn't crushing on Boruto

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. BUT.

here is the thing:
    Indra and Asura's chakra have never shown to be heritable. the tailed beasts are an entirely different kettle of fish. if Indra and Asura, as well as Madara and Hashirama couldn't pass down their Indra/Asura chakra to their children, what makes you think that Naruto and Sasuke have?

Sarada having the sharingan is normal for every Uchiha, and Boruto's weird eye is indicative of nothing because its new and could be the Hyuuga chakra doing something weird. the whiskers are only proof of Kurama's chakra being passed down. after all, a ten tails jinchuuriki/six paths sage would have the white skin and neither Boruto or Naruto has that.

and yes they are not reincarnates, the Indra' and Asura's chakra can only be obtained through spiritual mantling nonsense where they have to emulate their lives and actions, remember? as in, acting like them to the point where their chakra imitates them? the bloodline is only half the part. and even if Sasuke and naruto have somehow passed down things that can't be passed down, there is no telling how the Hyuuga chakra will influence it. Hamamura wasn't apart of that general nonsense and Hinata birthed Boruto AFTER the whole Toneri debacle with the moon, its entirely possible Hyuuga chakra will interfere, since its just as potent as the Sage of Six Paths, thats an extra ingredient it throws off the recipe.

13. - Top - End - #1123

We don't know that Hashirama didn't pass down some of his Asura chakra. Tsunade, during the original series, is in very good health for someone who is physically in her 90s, doesn't sleep properly, and drinks like a fish. Since Asura's chakra is associated with the Six Paths Yang power, which is to say, a strong life force. We can infer based on how Naruto passed out and immediately went into Cardiac arrest when Kurama was ripped out when hi mother merely got tired that the Uzumaki clan's vitality doesn't necessarily carry if you marry out of the clan so we can't say she got it from Mito.

As for the Jogan: It's apparently a power "strongly inherited from the Otsusuki clan." The Otsusuki's know what it is, so...

I don't think it's that the chakra can't be inherited. I think that it's that the chakra is too dilluted among the Descendents of Asura and Indra to work.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-28 at 01:29 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

We don't know that Hashirama didn't pass down some of his Asura chakra. Tsunade, during the original series, is in very good health for someone who is physically in her 90s, doesn't sleep properly, and drinks like a fish. Since Asura's chakra is associated with the Six Paths Yang power, which is to say, a strong life force. We can infer based on how Naruto passed out and immediately went into Cardiac arrest when Kurama was ripped out when hi mother merely got tired that the Uzumaki clan's vitality doesn't necessarily carry if you marry out of the clan so we can't say she got it from Mito.

As for the Jogan: It's apparently a power "strongly inherited from the Otsusuki clan." The Otsusuki's know what it is, so...
    We also know that Tsunade was explicitly using a jutsu to make herself look younger and is the best medical nin in the world, she could have methods of keeping herself healthy we could only dream of that have nothing to do with her heritage.

also Naruto survived having Kurama ripped out, given that he is still in the Boruto series. his mother on the other hand, is dead.

and as you said, an Otsusuki clan Rinnegan =/= Six Paths Rinnegan because the Six Paths Rinnegan is unique, every rinnegan is. the Jogan might be inherited instead of a sharingan and thus throw off the whole thing from the get go. and even if a sharingan was inherited, and the child went through all the traumatic nonsense that involves to get to the point of having a rinnegan, it would be bloodline chakra only you'd get a false rinnegan at best.

15. - Top - End - #1125

1. Zodi, he is probably right about bringing back Kaguya. its a lot of nonsense involving at least 11 shards of divinity, two bloodlines, morrowind style mantling, and whether the child looks at the moon while speaking the words "Infinite Tsukuyomi" but- wait.

....Rater, wouldn't the Bortsalad child not have Indra's or Asura's chakra? because you said in our other discussions about this that its not enough for someone to inherit the bloodlines, like Indra and Asura's chakra are like shards of divinity that are only available to people to emulate their lives enough in a spiritual manner to count. sure they'd have the blood, but how would the child live a life that emulates both Indra AND Asura at the same time?

2. Fair, but then who to lesbian Sarada with, that is the real important question here.
    Honestly I don't know there's like, no characters who are female that matter other than Sarada. Make Mitsuki non-binary but afab so that they have some character beyond "my parent is snake monster" and nothing else.

Kaguya is currently in the exact same condition she was in when she was sealed away the first time: A comatose body trapped in a moon with her chakra divided among nine other entities.

All that's needed to free her again is to create a compatible vessel with a similar chakra signature and then pump it full of chakra till they infalte like a balloon. A hypothetical Bortsalad Child would be garrunteed to develop the Rinnegan and thus the ability to absorb chakra.

As for Chocho, the problem isn't that she's a walking fat-joke. I mean, there's an in-universe reason for the compulsive eating and apparently she has an arc in the Anime about how being comfortable in your body is more important that what others think. That, and unlike her father looking at her character model she actually is "chubby." Chouji's a good guy but he was just under the cut off for morbid obesity when he was her age. (Which might be a double standard but whatever.)

The problem is that she has an obnoxious personality. She judged boys by their appearance, is borderline delusional, and tends to think that things are about her.

Also
    Spoiler: Love And Potato Chips
    Show
    Chocho, no. don't ship a girl with the guy stalking him. Even if he's just awkward he's acting obsessively.

If his feelings are genuine he can come back and ask her out when he's not being a creep about it.

Like, taking pity on him is one thing but trying to force the confrontation... You have no idea how he'd gonna handle rejection.

and hey, he got possessed and turned into an actual stalker. The conflict of this episode is basically Chocho's fault.

side note: why is there a Ninja art class? I can understand math but a Ninja academy seems like it'd offer a specialized curriculum.
    I think you are severely missing the point that Kaguya is not actually dead and thus cannot be reincarnated or reborn.

There being an in universe reason doesn't really justify that, in the manga at least, she's a very flat character who has done nothing but make "haha food" jokes. It's nice of the anime to do that, but as I've not seen it and only follow the manga I think my point stands.

Also yes what little personality that IS there for her is a pompous jerk.

16. - Top - End - #1126

We also know that Tsunade was explicitly using a jutsu to make herself look younger and is the best medical nin in the world, she could have methods of keeping herself healthy we could only dream of that have nothing to do with her heritage.

also Naruto survived having Kurama ripped out, given that he is still in the Boruto series. his mother on the other hand, is dead.

and as you said, an Otsusuki clan Rinnegan =/= Six Paths Rinnegan because the Six Paths Rinnegan is unique, every rinnegan is. the Jogan might be inherited instead of a sharingan and thus throw off the whole thing from the get go. and even if a sharingan was inherited, and the child went through all the traumatic nonsense that involves to get to the point of having a rinnegan, it would be bloodline chakra only you'd get a false rinnegan at best.
    Okay, let me make a metaphor.

Kaguya's divine chakra is a blended malt scotch. Unlike a traditional blended malt, which mixes multible lower quality single malts from differant distilleries together, Kaguya's blended Malt is a mixture of four really good Sngle Malts blended together perfectly to make like, the best scotch in the universe.

Hamura and Hogamoto's chakras a lower quality scotch, becuase each of them is only two of the four scotches. ITs' still really freaking good scotch, but...

Hamura's two scotches are rather similar, so almost to the point that you can't tell the difference until you mix them and realize that they're interact very well(how both the Hyuga and the Moon Otsusuki have the Byakugan, but it's only when one's eyes are implanted in the other's head and the chakras mix together that you get the Tenseigan.)

Hogoromo's however have very, very distinct flavors, so you get distant Asura Brand Scotch and Indra Brand Scotch.

Now, lets imagine that the chakra of normal humans is water. With each subsequent generation, the Asura and Indra brand Scotches get increasingly more watered down. However, we know that the Uchiha seemingly habitually married cousins and that the Uzumaki and Senju clans regularly intermarried, so it doesn't get too watered down.

However, Asura and Indra's apparently non-sentient force ghosts occasionally latch onto a descendant and pour more Scotch into the watered down mixture, making it far more pure than it was before.

Naruto and Sasuke not only had this happen, but Hogoromo's force ghost showed up snd poured some of his original two-blend into the mix as well.

Then Hamura showed up and poured his two blend into Hinata.

So Sarada probably has a much more potent watered-down Scotch than most non-reincarnate Uchiha's simply becuase her father had a far more potent one(even with some of the other scotch, IE, since he has Rinnegan) and Boruto likewise but even more so since, if you think about it, his watered-down scotch is gonna have some of all four in it.

This is in addition to both of them likely having traces of the Nin different Tailed Scotches is their watered-down blends.

If they have a kid, the kid's watered-down scotch(chakra signature) would be dangerously similar to Kaguya's full-bodied blend in terms of flavor profile. Maybe even more so than Madara's was when he got Body jacked.

I mean, the specific mixture of Kabuto, Orochimaru, Jugo, Karin, Suigetsu, Kimimoro, Jirobo, Kidomaru, salon and Ukon, and Tayuya was very similar to Hogoromo's chakra, so you don't need exact ingredients
    Honestly I don't know there's like, no characters who are female that matter other than Sarada. Make Mitsuki non-binary but afab so that they have some character beyond "my parent is snake monster" and nothing else.
    ...so apparently the Anime has a scene where Mitsuki asks whether Orochimaru is his father or his mother and Orochimaru says something along the lines of "I've been a man, a woman, and things that can't accurately be described as either. Such things really don't apply" so... On the one hand, non-binary inclusivity. On the other... It's by someone who used to be a murderously insane mad scientist. I'm not saying that you can't make non-binary person a bad guy, but maybe having one of the major bad guys from the last series be the first(so far only) example in the series could be considered in bad taste to some.

Also, Mitsuki's lack of personality is kind of the point. He's basically a meat robot who is in the process of learning how to people.
    I think you are severely missing the point that Kaguya is not actually dead and thus cannot be reincarnated or reborn.
    She wans't dead the first time.

"ressurection" probably isn't the right word to use but it's the closest thing I've got. You create a similar enough chakra and get enough of it in place and Kaguya jacks your body.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-28 at 02:16 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1127

His mother got every organ in her torso shoved out the front of her body by a giant 9 tails claw and had time (and capability) for a death speech. Until that happened she was helping restrain the bugger 5 minutes after giving birth AND having her demon torn from her. Now, that being said, at the time naruto had his heart attack, he had spent the last 12 hours fighting in a war getting exhausted and getting his second, third, 12th wind, and fighting some more. THEN had kurama torn out of him who he was pretty well synched with which I would imagine was more traumatic than having the lump of evil chakra you dont like torn from its seal. They were likely far more integrated than kushina was.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #1128

Level of synchronization doesn't matter: It's explicit, unsealing a tailed beast kills the host...

Except for Kushina. Having Kurama ripped out of her stomach after what was said to be a difficult labor(Tobi didn't use an Unsealing Jutsu, he just took control of Kurama with the Sharigan and ripped him out) left her tired but functional when it was a near-instant death for everyone else, including Naruto.

Naruto also almost died from a Chidori in the chest when Sasuke wasn't trying to kill him, when his mother as was said, had pretty much all of her internal organs destroyed and still had the strength to talk.

Or Karin, who completely regenerated her heart and part of her spine with the help of the basic most healing Jutsu and later shrugged off being impaled.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1129

...so apparently the Anime has a scene where Mitsuki asks whether Orochimaru is his father or his mother and Orochimaru says something along the lines of "I've been a man, a woman, and things that can't accurately be described as either. Such things really don't apply" so... On the one hand, non-binary inclusivity. On the other... It's by someone who used to be a murderously insane mad scientist. I'm not saying that you can't make non-binary person a bad guy, but maybe having one of the major bad guys from the last series be the first(so far only) example in the series could be considered in bad taste to some.

Also, Mitsuki's lack of personality is kind of the point. He's basically a meat robot who is in the process of learning how to people.

She wans't dead the first time.

"ressurection" probably isn't the right word to use but it's the closest thing I've got. You create a similar enough chakra and get enough of it in place and Kaguya jacks your body.
    I know! Post Naruto Orochimaru has embraced the fact that they are non-binary and a genuinely good parent. I actually kinda love it, though I definitely acknowledge that they need to do it with more characters (Sai should be non-binary for instance). That being said... like I said above I actually kinda love non-binary super parent Orochimaru. It is the perfect example of how Naruto and Boruto is written far more haphazardly than something of it's size and importance should be. Our heroes are ****ty parents and a genuinely evil person is one of the best.

Also, we'll always have Zabuza and Haku as an exceptionally good gay relationship, so I think it's okay.

Mitsuki being a meat robot is all well and good but I'd like the install to happen faster please.

I'm... I'm PRETTY sure that what you just described isn't actually possible within the scope of the series, and has no support for it. I ask this as genuinely as I can; where are you getting the idea that Kaguya will just spawn if enough superficially similar things are piled up at once?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-28 at 07:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Level of synchronization doesn't matter: It's explicit, unsealing a tailed beast kills the host...

Except for Kushina. Having Kurama ripped out of her stomach after what was said to be a difficult labor(Tobi didn't use an Unsealing Jutsu, he just took control of Kurama with the Sharigan and ripped him out) left her tired but functional when it was a near-instant death for everyone else, including Naruto.

Naruto also almost died from a Chidori in the chest when Sasuke wasn't trying to kill him, when his mother as was said, had pretty much all of her internal organs destroyed and still had the strength to talk.

Or Karin, who completely regenerated her heart and part of her spine with the help of the basic most healing Jutsu and later shrugged off being impaled.
    Naruto took two chidoris to the chest and a broken neck and survived without a mark on him. At the age of 12. (I think he was 12, I forget how old they are pre time skip) And madera ripped kurama out of naruto using the chains of the gedo statue iirc. No ritual, no slow extraction, just RRRRIIIIIIP!!!! WHILE NARUTO WAS USING THAT POWER. I am aware that you die if your demon is extracted, I was just pointing out that actively using it at the time, and being fully synched with it probably hurts more, and having done the shonen protagonist thing and been exhausted a half dozen times this arc and continued to fight doesnt help your durability any.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #1131

I know! Post Naruto Orochimaru has embraced the fact that they are non-binary and a genuinely good parent. I actually kinda love it, though I definitely acknowledge that they need to do it with more characters (Sai should be non-binary for instance). That being said... like I said above I actually kinda love non-binary super parent Orochimaru. It is the perfect example of how Naruto and Boruto is written far more haphazardly than something of it's size and importance should be. Our heroes are ****ty parents and a genuinely evil person is one of the best.

Also, we'll always have Zabuza and Haku as an exceptionally good gay relationship, so I think it's okay.

Mitsuki being a meat robot is all well and good but I'd like the install to happen faster please.

I'm... I'm PRETTY sure that what you just described isn't actually possible within the scope of the series, and has no support for it. I ask this as genuinely as I can; where are you getting the idea that Kaguya will just spawn if enough superficially similar things are piled up at once?
    I'm not seeing non-binary Sai. I could maybe see Haku being trans in either direction(either AFAB, identifying as male, but still choosing to wear feminine clothing, or AMAB and not yet realizing why feminine clothing and long hair feels right.)

Likewise, Haku and Zabuza... Haku was fifteen at the oldest when he died and Zabuza was an adult when Haku was a little kid. That's not a gay couple unless Zabuza likes them too young enough that he could go to prison.

Even if we assume the really creepy "old enough to kill, old enough to drink and ****" fanon, the fact that Haku literally lived and died for the sake of Zabuza's goals and openly considered himself Zabuza's tool. The power dynamic isn't conducive to a healthy relationship.

So, yeah, that ship's a nonstarter. That'd be like shipping Sarada with Karin.

As for Orochimaru being a good parent... Kind of has to. Mitsuki is an experiment in if you can create a human being in a lab. It's not enough for Mitsuki to be genetically perfect, he also has to develop into a functional and productive member of society, which means that Orochimaru has to be a functional parent to Mitsuki. If Orochimaru was a bad parent, it would corrupt the experiment and then he'd have to start all over.

Kaguya... It's literally what happened in canon. The entire series is the result of Zetsu lying to and manipulating Madara into recreating Kaguya's chakra within himself(and the Sage of Six Paths explicitly says that Madara has recreated Kaguya's power) and then forces him to absorb enough raw power(from the people trapped in Infinite Tsukiyomi) to match Kaguya's at which point Kaguya's consciousness took over Madara's body and reshaped it into a duplicate of her own.

A hypothetical Boltsalad kid would have a very similar chakra signature to Kaguya's and a great deal of potential to grow, which could mean if such a child becomes a Ninja or otherwise cultivates that potential, they could recreate the circumstances of Kaguya's revival by accident.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1132

I'm pretty sure that all Zetsu and Madara did was unseal the moon and that allowed Kaguya to return, not that she was reborn out of nothingness.

I keep on forgetting Zabuza is a gross level of old for that to work as like a romantic relationship, but note that I didn't SAY it was romantic, just that it was gay. Small Gay Haku and his big gay dad adventuring across the Land of Waves is a cute image to me, is all. Haku considered himself a tool but I think it's pretty clear that just because they used the terms like that doesn't mean they didn't care for one another.

"I will not be terrible to this child so they can become a well adjusted person" is what all parents kinda do, Orochimaru is just more bluntly scientific about it. It is a parent's job to protect their children from the person their parents used to be.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-28 at 09:13 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Okay, after thinking it over for a day I can't think of any way to explain what I'm trying to say in a way that makes my point clear.

So, changing topics: What the hell is up with the soft-body physique modification?

As described int he manga and in the databooks, the ability is composed of a surgical or chemical modification that allows the person who's received it to dislocate and relocate their bones at will and improved the elasticity of their flesh, its purpose being to allow someone to squeeze in and out of tight holes for escape and infiltration purposes and improve the ability to grapple as well as a technique that allows one to use chakra to control their muscles and move them without a bone framework to work with.

But even when it's first introduced, used by Tsurugi(Kabuto's teammates,) he's very clearly moving in ways that are impossible if his bones are in there at all, it's later confirmed that this is the technique that lets Orochimaru stretch his neck so much, and Mitsuki's arms are basically infinitely extendable rubber hoses that seemingly don't have bones at all.

How the frick do you do that with drugs and surgery? Like, Mitsuki also has Jugo's kekkei Genkai so you might be able to ignore his extreme example as an outlier but the end effect is still different from how we're told it works in theother known cases.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

Drugs turn you into Reed Richards.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Spoiler: The Dream's revelation
    Show
    What I took away from this episode is that Naruto needs a god damn secretary. Or a personal assistant.

There is no way in hell that literally all of that Paperwork needs his personal attention. What's Shikamaru doing all day? He's supposed to be Naruto's adviser. Advise him to delegate you bastard!

Toneri shows up without it ever being explicitly said it's Toneri, and Boruto can't tell the difference between a solid white/pale lavender eye and a glowing blue circle in a black sclera. Of course, in the manga, the Jogon is apparently a solid white eye like the Byakugan, but this scene didn't happen in the manga.

And of course, Boruto points out how foolish it would have been for someone o steal the forbidden Scroll would be inexcusable, which Naruto doesn't have an answer for.

Hiashi has gone from a complete hard ass to a complete softy who dotes on his grandchildren and is excited to see them. I get the feeling that maybe, just maybe, he's incredibly lonely.

And you can't even tell that Hanabi had her eyes ripped out once.

So, her eyes already got evolved into the Tenseigan before they were put back. The Tenseigan is created by combining a Hyuga's eyes with an Moon Otsusuki's chakra, and Toneri's chakra would have flowed into Hanabi's eyes while they were in his head and gone back into Hanabi when they were put back in hers.

So... Theoretically shouldn't she be able to use the Tenseigan? That'll be something to keep an eye out for later on in the story.

Naruto calling Hiashi "father" implies a good relationship, which is nice. Naruto was an orphan so having a good relationship with his FIL is important.

The fact that Byakugan isn't an automatic thing and has to be activated with training is new... I think that contradicts the original Manga though? Something to look into later.

Spoiler: Proof of Oneself
    Show
    Boruto's eye clicks on at random times but never when he needs to prove it exists. That is what we call fate/probability screwing you over.

"Boruto must be exhausted" from a five-minute sparring match done early in the afternoon at the latest, "you all should spend the night." That confirms it, Hiashi is incredibly lonely. My gut instinct is that he abolished that "enslave the branch family" nonsense and in response, the branch family all fracked off so it's just Hiashi and Hanabi in that huge house.

...Hanabi seems uncomfortably flirty with her twelve-year-old nephew in the dinner scene, especially with that blush. Unless she's drunk, inqhich case why the hell is she drunk around the kids? Is flirty aunts a thing in Japan?

A nice scene with Naruto and his FiL.

Bort sneaks out, sees the shadow again when his eye randomly clicks on. The eye's like Snufafreakingluffogus, it's never there when adults are around to see it.

I'm guessing that the Kagemassa actor's been stress eating or something?

Sarada: "You're not a lair. But I think you're an idiot."

And Himawari is just too precious.

Spoiler: The Ghost Incident: the investigation begins
    Show
    Instead of saying "Shino-sensei, there is a mysterious shadow going around possessing people and driving them to violence and only I can see it. Remember how you almost killed me a few weeks ago? That's been happening several times a week." Boruto just claims he has something more important than school to do.

Also, Mitsuki is bad at forging notes and Termari continues to be the "anime moms are abusive but it's okay" thing, which... I get that standards are different in Japan but that needs to die in a fire.

Iwabe being all buddy buddy with Denki after the second episode is a good showcase of how he's grown as a person, but when he suggested visiting a fireworks factory for hands one experience all I could think of was the episode of The Simpsons where they introduced Poochy to the Itchy and Scratchy show.

Shino arranges a lesson specifically to give Boruto and friends a chance to keep doing what they're doing without skipping school, however, so... Yay for adults being reasonable? I guess?

*check's episode list*

Jesus Christ it's forty episodes before we get to the Chunin exams. I don't know if I can put up with Bort being a brat who doesn't get why his Dad's job is so important and that working late doesn't mean he's unloved for that long.

...So how many people had their day ruined becuase Bort and Mitsuki didn't deliver th email properly? Mitsuki very clearly isn't even looking at it before he shoves it in the slots.

I'm getting an uncanny valley vibe from adult Sai's design. It's difficult for me to look right at him.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-29 at 05:16 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #1136

So is it ever actually resolved about whether Boruto can turn on the Byakugan or not?

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: The Ghost Incident: the investigation begins
    Show

Also, Mitsuki is bad at forging notes and Termari continues to be the "anime moms are abusive but it's okay" thing, which... I get that standards are different in Japan but that needs to die in a fire.

Jesus Christ it's forty episodes before we get to the Chunin exams. I don't know if I can put up with Bort being a brat who doesn't get why his Dad's job is so important and that working late doesn't mean he's unloved for that long.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. *points at my character in sounditp made specifically to criticize abusive mom trope* this is why she was made.

2. ah, see? now you understand my attitude towards him. I saw the number of stupid filler episodes and noped out, thinking I'd come back and skip them all for Chuunin exams but never did. welcome to Naruto Filler: The Series.

I should probably try to skip to boruto chuunin exams, see what those are about, though I've come to expect they won't be good, based on what I heard.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Spoiler: The Shadow of The Mastermind
    Show
    I can't help but feel like the beginning of this episode skipped over something.

Bort is now blaming himself for people getting hurt by the ghosts.

Soiler: I know that sumire is behind the ghost attacks so it's weird that she got hurt in one.

...So, it's very clear that Naruto is trying to be a good dad when he's able to, but he's not so good at it. Like, the thought that came to my head is that there's got to still be crimes that get someone sentenced to death even in this era of peace and Kabuto is working for the Leaf Village right now.

Like, it's an extreme and frivolous use of such a powerful, Forbidden Jutsu but maybe Edo Tensei up Minato and ask for some "Dad, am I adding correctly advice."

Or Hiruzin. Hiruzen's kids turned out all right from what we've seen. Or bring back Danzo, ask him for parenting advice, and then do the opposite of what he suggests.

Seriously. NAruto, when you were Borts Age you were fighting a B-ranked Missing Nin and a Hunter Nin who we retroactively found ou is one of the most skilled Ninja in the world(One-Handed Hand Signs aren't something that comes easily to people.) You insisted on staying with that Mission even though it was a great deal above your pay grade. It's dangerous and you love your son and don't want him to get hurt but you have no legs to stand on here.

Shino continues to show that getting his ass kicked magically changed him from a terrible teacher to an Okay one. Not the best teacher, but well above average based on my life experiences.

...why are bort's clones different people than he is and what's this crap about them needing to see him?

Is that one girl's tail part of her outfit, or are their Saiyans in the Naruto world?

Hilariously, there's a ghost attack in the post office the literal minute everyone leaves... which was of course the plan all along.

Either the postmaster knows Konan's paper Jutsu or the Ghost has been getting hella-powerful from draining all this chakra.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: @ Rater:
    Show
    ...So, it's very clear that Naruto is trying to be a good dad when he's able to, but he's not so good at it. Like, the thought that came to my head is that there's got to still be crimes that get someone sentenced to death even in this era of peace and Kabuto is working for the Leaf Village right now.
    yyuuuup, Kabuto's the head of the very same orphanage he once went to. though from what I've read he and Orochimaru are not entirely free: they have a degree of autonomy, but they're mostly kept around because they're useful tools in case another threat arises, at least according to Orochimaru.

so them being alive and working could just as sensible as "you two have a very certain set of skills most don't and we have evidence how high the power level can get, we might need your knowledge on certain matters given how much of it is tied up in genetics" and not anything involving friendship or how indestructible they are.

Like, it's an extreme and frivolous use of such a powerful, Forbidden Jutsu but maybe Edo Tensei up Minato and ask for some "Dad, am I adding correctly advice."
    What would he know about parenting!? he died before he got the life experiences for that!

Or Hiruzin. Hiruzen's kids turned out all right from what we've seen. Or bring back Danzo, ask him for parenting advice, and then do the opposite of what he suggests.
    oh yes, get advice from the sensei who didn't see the warnings signs around Orochimaru, that'll go great.

Danzo....heh that would be hilarious if it worked. the only problem is whether he'd be stupid enough to actually give a straight answer to the question or whether he'd try to worm his way around with unrelated musings about politics and whatnot in an attempt to keep himself around so he doesn't answer as long as possible before being sent back. but then again he was stupid enough to waste Izanagi and tons of red eyeballs, so who knows?

30. - Top - End - #1140

Honestly, Danzo would probably like being a zombie.

If you ignore all the stuff that the anime staff added to make him completely Chaotic Evil(and, by extension, Hiruzen a complete moron), you get a man who genuinely believed that everything he did was for the good of the village, that Ninja should be fully prepared to die for the greater good of the village collective, and who was fully aware that he was a hypocrite who was too cowardly to follow his own philosophy and hated himself for it.

By bringing him back as an immortal zombie that can only be defeated by being sealed away, he has no reason to fear for his life and can go do the things he wanted to do but was full of too much cowardice and self-loathing to, which means he doesn't have to overcompensate by being a "hard" man-marking "hard" decisions. Narcissism would be a problem though. You'd have to keep a close eye on him.

Of course, if you were going o use him like that he'd have to be modified first since he was down and arm an eye when he died and I am putting too much thought into the logistics of something I suggested as an absurdist joke.

Spoiler: Bortuo and Mitsuki
    Show
    Bort instinctively grasps the importance of nobody gets left before. Since his team was the only one that did so, think they should have gotten partial credit but whatevs.

It's kind of annoying that the anime is portraying Mitsuki as mysterious and vaguely menacing. The movie came out first. Everyone knew going in that he was Orochimaru's kid.

The fact that he's a mysterious pale guy with yellow eyes, body modifications, and who regularly talks to a white snake makes it obvious to anyone who didn't see the movie.

It is only a plot twist if someone is watching the Anime blind with absolutely no knowledge of the original series or other Naruto media and who the hell does that? It'd be like someone who doesn't even know that Darth Vader is Luke's father deliberately choosing to watch Force Awakens as their first-ever Star Wars media ever.

Ghost has been laying low recently.

Mitsuki is confused by the fact that he's developed empathy and a sense of friendship.

Boruto stops to help Iwabe with his math homework... This is the most infuriating part, really. Bort's a good kid most of the time but bring up his dad and he turns into a petulant brat resenting that Daddy isn't there.

Himawari: "wow, big brother actually has a friend." does Hinata still make ointments? Becuase Bort's gonna need some burn cream.

The prominently featured photos of happy bort with his dad betray how bort really feels about his father.

The problem emerges: Naruto was an overly doting father who didn't prepare his kids for times when he might not be around and Bort is new to not having constant attention from his father.

...Which is a perfectly understandable mistake for Naruto to make, considering how badly he craved any attention at all as a kid.

Anime writers? Cutting to Sumire's empty hospital bed next to an open window and then not having Mitsuki say who's controlling the host only works if you're trying to fake us out. Otherwise, it's just frustrating.
    Spoiler: The Demon Beast Appears
    Show
    Sumire's father as an abusive frackhead who set up his own daughter as a suicide bomber o do the opposite of what the guy who he's obsessed with would want.

Also, this is how many different bullcrap things that can be done with Hasirama's Cells? I've got so many things for Senko to do in SoundITP now.

...Bort's a brat, but he's good people. Trying to talk down the person who was born and raised to be a living weapon of vengeance before they cause permanent damage and jumping into a portal to save them? Exactly what his dad would have done.
    Spoiler: The Path That Boruto Can See
    Show
    ...Yes, that is literally the only way this could end. If anyone thought Sumire was going to die then they clearly don't remember anything about the original Naruto. That is all.
    Spoiler: A New Path
    Show
    To the surprise of absolutely no-one, Sumire essentially gets off scot-free due to a combination of remorse and lack of permanent harm to her victims. Becuase this is Naruto and if anyone didn't see that coming they're a fool.

More interestingly, the Jutsu that created Nue and his home reality is apparently very close to one of Kaguya's secret Jutsu, and knowing the technique will help Sasuke in the long-ass mission he's been on for the last 12 years. Sasuke tells Naruto to tell Sakura "I'm sorry... For everything..." Okay, it's nice that he feels remorse for his actions but is this literally the first time he apologized to Sakura?

Or is he just generically apologizing for not being there?

And Toneri's back, apparently saying that this was all a false alarm but that the time of "the Gods descent on the world" is close at hand. Cameo of Momoshiki and Kinshiki, with Momoshiki eating a chakra fruit, and talking about "Kaguya's" world.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-30 at 06:58 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks