New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) OOC

hah no but the taking care of stinking drunk man-childs rings a bell. I was a R. A. of my dorm floor.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Severin: Yes, you can. And the BQ Firearm, is that with Destiny, hidden with Lorenzo, or being carried around?
    Just noticed that I never answered your question. The firearm is definitely stashed with Destiny if she agrees to take the thing. It's not like either of us can use it and those things are way heavy IIRC. No point in lugging it around.
    Last edited by rax; 2021-09-30 at 03:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I won't be posting over the weekend this week. In general over the weekend will be rough for me to post but this weekend I got a out of state bachelor party to go to. We are going to be playing poker and board games while drinking over-priced beer in a cabin.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

"Heading down the path back to the wagons is not particularly safe in the darkness, and so they head into the village to find the inn."
    So my intention was to sleep by the wagons but the above statement made it seem like that it got too late and dark for that to be an option anymore.
    It will take the last bit of coin that Harman brought up to buy a room so maybe if the path down is still workable he will embarrassing take a look at his coins and realize he can't afford a night.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm flexible. I had the impression that sleeping here might be a bad idea but it's safety in numbers either way. I do what to take a look at the mine while its dark, but maybe we can have a look around in daylight first.

I'll get a post up after work.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

OOC: Just checking if it would be suspicious to go downstairs and unbar the door if we sneak out at night. I'm guessing yes...
    Yeah, when you were a messenger back in the empire, usual protocol is to wake up the innkeeper if you need to leave before the door is unbarred. So they can re-bar it. Of course, nobody in their right mind would do that in a remote coaching inn, but in a city or village it might be more normal.

The chamber pot is under the bed as is standard.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

If you guys want to sneak out at night, it will be an agility test to get out of the room at night without falling. Move silently to scout out the mine area without alerting anyone. Otherwise we can move on to the morning, and let me know what you want to do.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

I probably shouldn't try it alone, but I'll wait for someone else to weigh in first.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Well, Severin's got night vision, a high Ag score, and he's trained in Silent Move. Seems silly not to make use of that. He's also got 10 yards of rope in his pack that he may have brought along from the caravan just in case...if dojango is okay with that.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

In that case Gabriele will go and see Harman to let him know and see if he wants to go for a walk.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yeah that's fine, who wouldn't leave home without their 10 yards of rope?

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    In that case Gabriele will go and see Harman to let him know and see if he wants to go for a walk.
    Torn here because I the player want to go along with you to scout the mine but Harman doesn't have a reason to do so. But Harman staying in the room could result in me the player being sidelined for a large period of time. Tough call. Any help on an in character reason for Harman to go to the mines. Maybe Gabreile can suggest that someone there might know about the river bandit.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Gabriele and Severin are actually quite well off. We could always pay Harman to join us. He doesn't have to know the real reason we're scouting the mines, just that we're prepared to pay him to be our backup and to keep his mouth shut.

If Harman needs a cover story, Severin would probably feed him the line that they're looking for a Halfling girl who may have been abducted from Stralwald by Tick and brought here. That's at least partly true.
    Last edited by rax; 2021-10-11 at 04:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

That story of someone being abducted by the bandit he just saw steal from a drunk would be enough to get him climbing out a window.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

Not going to lie to Harman. Will just leave some things out.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You'll be paid expenses (if you keep receipts, or at least an accounting) which includes payments to informants and backup as well.
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-10-12 at 10:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@dojango
    I take it that the hatch Gabriele found wasn't concealed in any way?

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    @dojango
    I take it that the hatch Gabriele found wasn't concealed in any way?
    No, it was out in the open. A little ways away from the main trail, but there were some prints around it. Hard to tell how recently in the dark, though.
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-10-17 at 12:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

in case this is useful for anyone

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/w...tm_medium=link

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

That's a lot of WFRP!

BTW, just checking so I'm reading everyone's IC posts right - there's a consensus that we shouldn't go down the path on this side of the mesa during the night, correct?

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Harman is along for the ride meaning if you two wanted to go down he'd follow but Gabriele wisely suggests against it. Good with returning to the room.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd be willing to try but I don't think we're in a hurry. Go back to the rooms unless there's anything else out here we want to look at while it's dark.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Saw this in front of my house this morning

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

Nice.

(this message is too short)

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

When do we need to report back for guard duty at the caravan?

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    When do we need to report back for guard duty at the caravan?
    tomorrow night

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry for disappearing these last few days, some personal stuff's come up. I'll catch up tomorrow (Thursday) and inject Severin into the planning/discussions.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I felt the need to try and summarize our mission and what we know so far.

Le Houet's overall wish was for us to look for assets who could pass on information about Tollares. To me, an "asset" implies a longer term relationship, but we haven't really been entrusted with either the funds or the authority to set up some sort of spy network, so I assume the Le Houet actually meant for us to find out what we can, however we can, by just asking around and/or infiltrating Inselberg ourselves.

Specific questions she wanted answers to:
    1. Was Tollares behind the recent spate of attacks on river shipping near Stralwald?
    Answer: Local sources so far say no. They blame the Stralwald halflings or Otto the Hunter, but Tick's story suggests there might be a third gang operating in the area.

2. How many loyal men does Tollares have behind him?
    Answer: When he took over Inselberg, it was no more than a dozen or so. He's expanded his operation since then, but Galeazzo cited the same number in addition to named loyalists like Renn the Chiseler (runs the mines), Beauregard Scully (troubleshooter), Brandmeister Ethan, and Gretchen (chief scout). We also know that Tollares has suffered some unexplained disappearances lately.

3. How loyal are the poeple of Inselberg to him?
    Answer: If Rebecca is anything to go by - not very. They appreciate him keeping some sort of order and bringing in trade, but they'd probably be equally loyal to any other power that could do the same. Still, we've only really talked to Rebecca, so we ideally need to talk to more locals about this.

4. What are the defences like?
    Answer: The top of the mesa isn't heavily fortified, but we know there's only two obvious pathways to the top and they're both covered by arrow slits built into the rock. To get a better idea of the defences as a whole, we need to explore the tunnels beneath the mesa. The mines are protected by a palisade.

5. What's the output of the mine?
    Answer: No clue as yet.

6. Who's buying the copper?
    Answer: Trading caravans - quite possibly Tileans like Galeazzo and Lorenzo - but we've no firm evidence.

What we need to do and what we need to find out more about:
    1. We need to corner Tick to find out if he took Myrtle. He could also be a good source of information about Tollares' operation in general, like how many men he has and what's going on with the disappearances. As soon as he's served his purpose, we need to get rid of him - permanently.

2. We need to explore the tunnels under the mesa to find out more about Inselberg's defences. We can do that by sneaking down at night.

3. It would be useful to learn more about the spate of disappearances. Since guards have been lost as well, signing on as replacements seems like a viable strategy - it can also allow us to find out how many warriors Tollares has. However, before we do so, Tick must die to keep our cover intact.

4. Learning more about the mine will require sneaking in and/or being employed as guards, but it's not a surefire way of learning about the output or who's buying the copper. We may need to infiltrate Solomon's hall and get hold of his business accounts to do that.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

That's a good summary; what would you like to do first?

Also there's another name you were given, Nasir, who opened up the copper mines for Solomon. He would be more like the head miner, while Renn is in charge of security and workforce motivation.