New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Well, Part 2 is up, and since I gave you a run-down of the Servants for Part 1, I might as well do it again. Good news, only three to list this time!

Spoiler: Rider Alter, Summer Ver.
    Show

She's a maid. Because that's what you think of when you think summer. Statwise, she's a beast - she topples the previous recordholder for highest HP Rider (Medb), while still having more ATK than Medb. So, yes, yet another Rider objectively better than the Thot Queen. Her NP gen and stargen, however, are only so-so.

Her first skill may look somewhat average, being a combination Charisma and team Quick boost, but remember that's a double-steroid for her NP, which makes it reasonably solid - moreso on a Quick team, obviously. Her second skill is broken - reduce skill cooldowns on a target by 1, and boost their stargen, for the cost of 1k HP (which isn't a lot in the long run) - really potent. Her third skill is... not as good as it looks, and really only useful as another NP steroid. But as an NP steroid, it's pretty solid, especially when combined with her first skill and passives. Speaking of passives, they're decent, including a moderate debuff resist, a moderate Quick card boost, and an extremely solid crit strength boost.

Her NP is pretty decent, as Quick NPs go. Remember that a Quick NP can generate both stars and gauge, and this one has an additional hard gauge boost built in, as well as a (mostly unimpressive) debuff attached. With all of her steroids - her first and third skills, plus her Riding passive - she can do some serious harm with it. That said, it isn't particularly spammable - her NP gen is middling, and unlike Rider Kintoki, she doesn't have a charge button.

She's overall solid, as an independent crit machine. Not as much of a blender as, say, Jack or Shishou, and not as spammable as Kintoki Rider, but solid. And again, that second skill is kind of insane.

But she's no Archuria.

Spoiler: Loli Grandma, Summer Ver.
    Show

Let's jump right into stats - she's disappointing. Compared with other 4-star Archers, she has less HP than everyone except for Chloe; her ATK is similarly middling at best. She has poor NP gen, her stargen doesn't impress, and her Extra card is apparently the worst in the game right now.

Her first skill is another mini-Garden of Avalon, giving out NP charge and crit stars. It is also objectively worse than NOBU!'s version of the same, which includes a heal. Also, the cooldown is a killer. Her second skill is a flat damage boost steroid, plus enemy debuff. Weird combination, but it's basically a free 10k damage every 6 turns, at level 10, which is pretty great. Her third skill is a so-so steroid, coupled with debuff immunity. Not bad, useful. Her passives are debuff resistance and crit strength - not playing to her strengths, necessarily, so kind of negligible.

Her NP is a moderately-damaging Arts AOE that adds decreased debuff resist and decreased DEF to all enemies. It's not all that damaging to begin with, and Helena's steroid won't turn it into a blender either, but it's passable.

Ultimately, she's just a bit disappointing. That team NP charge skill is useful, but most of the rest of her kit pales in comparison to, well, most comparable Servants.

Spoiler: Berserker-Turned-Lancer, 2019 Ver.
    Show

Every summer with this. Every summer, we lose another Berserker to the lewd Lancer colony. Where does it end?

Not here. Both her ATK and HP are among the highest of 4-star Lancers. She also has some of the best NP gen in the game, along with very solid stargen. All good so far.

Her first skill is a crit nova, increasing her star absorption and crit damage for one turn. It's actually one of the best buttons of this type in the game, which is impressive. Her second skill is a targeted 3-turn Buster boost with debuff cleanse. It's a significant boost, too, and given her Buster NP, it's one from which she can benefit. Her third skill is a superb team support skill, pairing a so-so Charisma buff with a party stargen boost - which feeds perfectly into her first skill. Finally, she basically has all the passives - Magic Resistance for debuff resist, Riding for Quick boost, Madness Enhancement for Buster boost, and Divinity for a flat damage increase.

Her NP is extremely straightforward, dealing massive DEF-piercing Buster damage to a single target. And generating some stars, because Buster-critting is her thing.

She is, in essence, a beast. Really, her only drawback is her lack of survival skills, but as a Lancer instead of a Berserker, that's less of a concern.

Allowed myself one pull today, to get event CEs. Barely even got those, let alone Servants of note (two mana prisms). Hope your pulls go better.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

I emptied my SQ stash going for Maid Huckebein. I ended up with NP2 Helena and NP2 Raikou. So I can't complain TOO much.

I wish someone had told me that Summer Fran had a Lightning Zanktantou NP. next year, I guess.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I emptied my SQ stash going for Maid Huckebein. I ended up with NP2 Helena and NP2 Raikou. So I can't complain TOO much.

I wish someone had told me that Summer Fran had a Lightning Zanktantou NP. next year, I guess.
    Start farming missions and interludes for extra quartz. You know she's worth one more pull...

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    For games that do stuff like this, pitting the players against one another to determine the actual winner, I can't help but wonder whether it's actually determined by players or whether it's just scripted by the developers. Do they really have six different cutscenes prepared for each leg of the race, depending on who the winners are? I suppose there's no way to know for sure.
    well, on the one hand we have so far recieved all the same rewards that japan recieved from this event the first time, even if one or two races had slightly different tio results, on the other hand we have the same incentives for farming nodes and for race prizes. the only real difference is the cultural bias towards which waifu is liked more. so it seems that the result isn't completely set in stone but it is possible they are engineering it so the same top three are chosen as the japan one.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp, rolled all my SQ, 560 to be precise. I got two Raikou, one Helena, a spooky Elizabeth and a horrifying Marie.

Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Start farming missions and interludes for extra quartz. You know she's worth one more pull...
    Ascension mats are worth more.

Also all I have in that regard are a handful of free missions left in Agartha.

Just have to plan for next year. And possibly buy some google play cards in the lead up.

Mobage is my body, and google play cards my blood.

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

When the first day's nodes are re-released, I'm gonna get so many archer gems.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Been too busy running around with work and other responsibilities to keep up with the races properly (much to my annoyance) but I did do the pulls on both banners and after 300 SQ I got NP3 best daughter, NP2 Umu-Caster, NP2 Spooky, but no rockzerker. Thankfully 5 tickets and 63 quartz managed to land me biker maid, grandma, and lewdest prefect. Did pull Saber Artoria #4 and Ozzy in my pulls for the first batch and double spooky was the 10-pull right after Pharoh so I really can't complain overmuch about not getting Nobu.

That said good lord I need caster gems for Umu-caster, had all the blazes banked to get her from 1-90 right after I pulled her but skills are sadly at 1/1/1

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

"proof" that rate up is a lie, rolled on fran banner a bit cause i got some nitocris and am not interested in getting more, got in order berserker vlad, bersekules, stheno, then summer UMU!!!! but no fran... i think it was like 120 sq? after about 120 on the first day to get wu zetan, scheherazade, and summer nitocris

this is how my luck goes though, long droughts of nothing but CEs and maybe a d'eon or marie if i am lucky, then it poors. in statistically improbable ways. unfortunately i really don't care about scheherazade, summer nitocris, stheno or wu. but luck is luck.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-08-07 at 05:58 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

I've rolled maybe 120 times since starting the game, and other than the initial one in the tutorial I've yet to get anything above a 3-Star Servant. When I played for the first time I had four or five by this time.

Lots of gold CEs of course, but, so what?
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-08-07 at 09:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Orc in the Playground

Is anyone getting "dive to blue" drops? I've lost count at how many times i've run these quests.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

not a single drop, but i almost only ever get CE drops when the event has 5 available through the store/quest rewards

Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

I've gotten two of them so far, but I would have rather gotten the servants I wanted from the gacha.

Factotum Variants!

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    Is anyone getting "dive to blue" drops? I've lost count at how many times i've run these quests.
    I got one, which is enough to MLB one if you buy out the shop. On the other hand, I kinda don't want to MLB it because I'd rather fill my party with them.

It's pretty random, though. I've had some events where I got a bunch of CE drops, and some where I got none.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    not a single drop, but i almost only ever get CE drops when the event has 5 available through the store/quest rewards
    Same story, i HATE when they only give us 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I've gotten two of them so far, but I would have rather gotten the servants I wanted from the gacha.

So i guess fran cursed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I got one, which is enough to MLB one if you buy out the shop. On the other hand, I kinda don't want to MLB it because I'd rather fill my party with them.

It's pretty random, though. I've had some events where I got a bunch of CE drops, and some where I got none.

I just want it for S. mordred so her spamming can become that much more ridiculous. ( I'll be able to eventually mlb due to the rerun but i want it now. )

also this might be the first time i've ever cleared an entire event shop... besides the monuments

And after the first farm of the day it drops! (random is random i guess)

now i can focus on part one again to finish up that black beast grease.

Also @ gamepress' guide, these quest don't drop secret gems, only xp. (warning for anyone hoping to farm them)
    Last edited by ellenate; 2019-08-09 at 11:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1156

Gave into temptation and pulled for NOBBU! I'm already a bit overloaded with Berserkers, but she just seemed cool and I decided to give it a try. Did a ten pull and followed with up to ten single pulls and drew her on the nineteenth try.

All in all, I had a pretty good set of summer event servants - over the course of eighty or so pulls I got Atalante, Waver(!), NP2 Martha (who might be a preliminary contender for a grail to 90,) NP3 Fran, and now Cool Hand Nobbu. I figure I'm done drawing for the event - I'm currently left at 222 SQ to break upon the rock that is Merlin when the time comes.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

17. - Top - End - #1157

I got a drop, but still nothing from part 1. Of the two, I'd rather have a mlb mashu than seaside grapes.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    I got a drop, but still nothing from part 1. Of the two, I'd rather have a mlb mashu than seaside grapes.
    None so far. Though I haven't been powerfarming as I should, maybe during the Overheat quests.

I got RIshtar and she's level 100 now, I'm so happy~

Ah, by the way, I managed to pull Maid Alter... Somehow. I got a SQ from the last main quest of the event, got 3, rolled, gold sparkles, cute waifu with a popsicle... Damn that's luck.

"**** if I know."

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post

i don't know how much of a grind 6mil qp is worth but that's what i got in area 2 of part 2 dropless...

The first summer event spoiled me. I had so many drops, i was able to not only mlb, but also sale the run over in my pursuit of mona lisa.

This event was a nightmare come true, i got them, but it wasn't pleasant experience. chain drops where also pretty miserable, i'll just save the 15 i need for nero fest

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post

Ah, by the way, I managed to pull Maid Alter... Somehow. I got a SQ from the last main quest of the event, got 3, rolled, gold sparkles, cute waifu with a popsicle... Damn that's luck.

Single rolls strike again!
    Last edited by ellenate; 2019-08-10 at 10:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Single rolls strike again!
    I did what felt like 50 single rolls in pursuit of Fran. Not a thing, not even another SR. Meanwhile 10 singles and 2 10 rolls got me Nito and Umu. It really feels like a toss up. Meanwhile a single 10 roll got me Mama, so another notch for 10 rolls. Going from 348ish SQ to 24 by this time with only NP 2 Nito, Umu, and Mama feels like the gacha was rough, but thats far more normal. I feel blessed that my absolute top waifu came in about 90SQ, the remaining 250ish SQ was mostly wasted tries for Fran.

In grinding news, I had no internet (due to a wire fault it took 4 tries for the ISP Techs to find and fix) for almost 2 weeks, then went on a 3 day camping trip. So I got 10 days to grind like mad to finish the shop. But at least I got the full run of area options and some solid teams. But I'm going to be using those apples people say to save for Nerofest, but I have over 120 so I feel I'm fine.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I gave up and splurged to get Nobuserker.

Luckily, it only took a hundred quartz to get her. I still have over 200 quartz to start building up on for Ereshkigal.

22. - Top - End - #1162

NecromancerGirl

Spent a bit for one last try at Fran. And it didn't turn out as I had hoped. Not to say both 10 rolls were bad, both had good stuff, but no Fran.

On the plus side though, I got Nobbu which was a very nice consolation for the first 10 roll. The second though topped it. A second Summer Umu dropped! Which brings mine to NP2, which is super amazing. But the good times didn't end there. A CE I had been hoping for for a long while finally dropped for me. I finally got a Kaleidoscope of mine own. This opens so many doors for me.

Guess I will have to wait for next year for one last chance at Fran, but I have my eyes on the 3 characters on the second banner of that years event. So I can't go too hard for Fran, even though it would be my last big chance for her.

23. - Top - End - #1163

BlackDragon

Threw in 20 rolls for Mama. Got spooked by Rama. lol.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I did what felt like 50 single rolls in pursuit of Fran. Not a thing, not even another SR. Meanwhile 10 singles and 2 10 rolls got me Nito and Umu. It really feels like a toss up. Meanwhile a single 10 roll got me Mama, so another notch for 10 rolls. Going from 348ish SQ to 24 by this time with only NP 2 Nito, Umu, and Mama feels like the gacha was rough, but thats far more normal. I feel blessed that my absolute top waifu came in about 90SQ, the remaining 250ish SQ was mostly wasted tries for Fran.

In grinding news, I had no internet (due to a wire fault it took 4 tries for the ISP Techs to find and fix) for almost 2 weeks, then went on a 3 day camping trip. So I got 10 days to grind like mad to finish the shop. But at least I got the full run of area options and some solid teams. But I'm going to be using those apples people say to save for Nerofest, but I have over 120 so I feel I'm fine.

yeah i found they come home pretty fast, i'm usually left blasting through sq because i'd saved up so much, and well... why not

i really wanted to save up for okita alter but... her banner sucks. (being so close to next summer also ain't helping things)

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

so, berzerker nobu is pretty good i think, but also extraordinarily fagile with only an evade and a trickle of healing. and the mats are so annoying, at least it is nothing compared to x alters skills. a few perfume bottles is better than nearly a hundred medals even after cutting it in half with this event and farming the kights till they aren't an efficient event farm anymore. but at least we are a happy dysfunctional family together. up till now i really only used cat but now i have a whole family of zerkers to look after, all in the time frame of a few months, nobu, vlad, x alter, high NP lv cat and banana oni. oh and sneaky berzerkules even managed to get an NP lv in there somewhere, the berzerker options are limitless!

but i've been using caster based support teams for so long that zerker bum rush is really scary...
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-08-15 at 02:06 AM.

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Jp Server
    Show
    Well, what do you expect? Okita is actually getting a summer version. After all the jokes and her complaining from Dead Heat Summer Race, she's making it through!

The memes will die now. Sad thing is people are paying more attention to penguin Melt than the actual Okita reveal.

"**** if I know."

27. - Top - End - #1167

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Spoiler: Jp Server
    Show
    Well, what do you expect? Okita is actually getting a summer version. After all the jokes and her complaining from Dead Heat Summer Race, she's making it through!

The memes will die now. Sad thing is people are paying more attention to penguin Melt than the actual Okita reveal.
    Spoiler: JP Server
    Show
    Melt and Okita are both 4 Stars on the second banner, and the idea of Tsundere Melt rocking a cute Penguin hoodie is better then Mecha Mesume Okita. Meanwhile I am SOOO hyped for Ruler Lion King as a Bunny Girl. People compared the Ruler's eyes to Lancer Artoria and Lion King, and the lime green far more matches the Goddess. The desire to roll her will very likely keep me playing for another two years.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: JP server
    Show
    Miyamoto Musashi needs to chill out, her art alone her saint graph art alone has like 3-5 anime/video game references in it. most summer servants have a lot of references but this is kinda rediculous, i haven't even read any quotes or looked at her animations.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #1169

RedWizardGuy

Ugh, I've been making dumb mistakes trying to do the challenge quests. I've used 3 saint quartz already. Gotta get myself back into this game. I have several good team compositions. I can do this.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

I managed to get the 4 Ishtars with only 1 SQ sank in. Mostly by spacing my attempts long enough for my command seals to renew and having a friend's Okita basically solo Enkidu (though my party having a lot of Invincible to tank his NP helped quite a bit).

The Hessian Lobo was the most annoying because of his high health, his ability to ignore Evade, and I having no one with a Moon Cancer Servant in my friend's list. I almost had two party wipes.