New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default She-Ra Season 4 is out, embrace your inner queen!

She-Ra Season 4 is out, embrace your inner queen!

Why didn't anyone tell me it was out and I had to find this out on my own ?

Well there goes my weekend !

Here is two trailers even though the season is now out on netflix.

Previous Threads [Am I missing any?]

She-Ra, Princesses of Power [Netflix]

So there's a new season of She-Ra...
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-07 at 04:19 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: She-Ra Season 4 is out, embrace your inner queen!

Looking forward to it.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I am so excited!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Finished it last night.

It was perfect.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Only about three episodes in so far, but enjoying it as much as the previous seasons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Figured out Flutterina was totally Double Trouble pretty much moments after she was introduced, but my roommate was completely shocked at the reveal when it came.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Pauses She Ra barely in the 2nd episode in order to share one thing I love.

Spoiler: She Ra Season 4 Episode 02
    Show

OMG I love how Perfuma [The Plant-Bender Princess] is not a morning person and she needs her morning rituals to wake up. The planet may be beautiful but Perfuma is not read for it until she does the things to center herself. I adora it 😈.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-07 at 10:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh gosh! So much happened! Such an amazing season! Definitely the best one yet! I absolutely love the direction they took with Catra, so much tragedy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of tragedy, Glimmer seems to currently be heading down the path towards being a Tragic Hero. I wonder if they're going to go all the way with that or if she'll stay good. I believe there's only one more season, so probably the latter.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, this was pretty freaking good.

Spoiler: Saw the whole season, so spoilers
    Show

This was quite a journey, I must admit.

We have Glimmer going from nervous unsure princess not knowing how to take up the role as Queen, to a Glimmer becoming some reckless utilitarian queen who uses a super-weapon to wipe out the enemy forces but tries to mend her mistake at the end but fails.

we have cheerful Bow being driven to despair multiple times over all his friends fighting each other and doing things alone.

we have Scorpia going from loyalist Horde captain to outright traitor who makes friends with princesses in the end wants to just save Catra and Hordak.

we have Razz turning out to be a mixed up senile time traveler of all things (how!?)

we have Light Hope turning out to be EEEEEEVIL! so all you those who predicted it last season? you can say you called it.

we have Shadow-Weaver not having any nefarious plans at all and just taking up creepy gardening, and being an actual reasonable vizier and teacher in the end, which actually is surprising.

Double Trouble is great and a needed character to make everything work this season, like wow, this guy from his flamboyance to his observation skills to his acting and shpaeshifting to how much he keeps his cool even when he is captured, and how he emotionally toys with everyone around him just makes him a great villain, I think he has backstabbed pretty much almost everyone this season.

next we have Adora going from triumphant hero to being a leader in all but name who is arguing with the queen, to defying Queen glimmer to save a friend, to breaking the sword itself to stop the weapon (Glimmer just failed to destroy the black crystal so while she tried to save things....its Adora who made the save. still, Glimmer tried she tried to stop her own mistake) finding out it was Light hope who brought her here, and becoming depowered because of breaking said sword. real smooth. and thus the world was saved by Adora.

and finally, the best part: we have Catra, going from easily beating Hordak at the beginning of the season, to basically driving away anyone thats left from Scorpia to Hordak to those three expendable guys that she can possibly call a companion in any form, until she is utterly insane and broken from the loneliness yet still can't stop old habits and driving away people even more, then Hordak finds out about Entrapta from Double Trouble goes on a rampage trying to kill Catra not having any of her nonsense anymore, until finally even the paid spy/saboteur betrays her so he can be on the winning side and rub all her own failures and flaws in her face, saying that she was the reason why everyone left her all along. WOW. stick a knife in her and twist it 360 degrees, why don't you?

oh and then Hordak, Glimmer and Catra get abducted by Horde Prime, Hordak tries to say he is still loyal, but Prime is like "nah, reading your mind, you lied, brainwash him." then says "now I'm going to leave forever and never return- after destroying this planet!" but then at the very end, Catra saves the world by pointing out
    "uh, no? this planet is actually a weapon, you can use it to like, enforce your empire and rule everything, don't destroy it"
    Horde prime: wow! my screen says that as well, I'll do that.
    and thus Etheria was saved....by Catra.

I can only imagine the conversation Glimmer and Catra have afterwards being something like this:
    Glimmer: why did you hand over this super-weapon to the all-conquering overlord!?
    Catra: hey I just saved this entire planet from Horde Prime killing us all by giving that info, you should be thanking me. its not as if either of us have enough power to stop him
    Glimmer:.......I'll concede your point. but I'm figuring out a way to bring him down eventually
    Catra: so you can take over and rule the universe yourself? yeah that is what I was thinking to.
    Glimmer: No! to save everyone! ugh!
    Catra: oh right, stupid princess nonsense.

this was just....Characters Having Breakdowns: the season. the writers were merciless, nobody won except Horde Prime. and this time, the big super-weapon was activated by the good guys.

it just ended badly for everyone. Best season yet. *applauds*
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Spamalot in the Playground

Finished it last night. Really good and I didn't not expect it to end as it did. :o

Spoiler
    Show
    Madam Raz is so tragic. Her memories and consciousness just a jumble of back and forth in the timeline. It sure explains her odd behavior, but damn, the implications! I almost cried when she put the put the pie down on Mara's chair at the end of her episode.

On the happier side, I liked that Scorpia took care of Emily and did the right thing working with the resistance, but explained what her own goals were. Very noble of her. Yeah, she probably does give the best hugs. :3

I am SO glad that they actually did bring King Midas back home. I was worried he'd be sacrificed so the others could escape Beast Island. Also, Beast Island was a neat concept. First-One's dumping ground. Yikes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, this was pretty freaking good.

Spoiler: Saw the whole season, so spoilers
    Show

This was quite a journey, I must admit.

We have Glimmer going from nervous unsure princess not knowing how to take up the role as Queen, to a Glimmer becoming some reckless utilitarian queen who uses a super-weapon to wipe out the enemy forces but tries to mend her mistake at the end but fails.

we have cheerful Bow being driven to despair multiple times over all his friends fighting each other and doing things alone.

we have Scorpia going from loyalist Horde captain to outright traitor who makes friends with princesses in the end wants to just save Catra and Hordak.

we have Razz turning out to be a mixed up senile time traveler of all things (how!?)

we have Light Hope turning out to be EEEEEEVIL! so all you those who predicted it last season? you can say you called it.

we have Shadow-Weaver not having any nefarious plans at all and just taking up creepy gardening, and being an actual reasonable vizier and teacher in the end, which actually is surprising.

Double Trouble is great and a needed character to make everything work this season, like wow, this guy from his flamboyance to his observation skills to his acting and shpaeshifting to how much he keeps his cool even when he is captured, and how he emotionally toys with everyone around him just makes him a great villain, I think he has backstabbed pretty much almost everyone this season.

next we have Adora going from triumphant hero to being a leader in all but name who is arguing with the queen, to defying Queen glimmer to save a friend, to breaking the sword itself to stop the weapon (Glimmer just failed to destroy the black crystal so while she tried to save things....its Adora who made the save. still, Glimmer tried she tried to stop her own mistake) finding out it was Light hope who brought her here, and becoming depowered because of breaking said sword. real smooth. and thus the world was saved by Adora.

and finally, the best part: we have Catra, going from easily beating Hordak at the beginning of the season, to basically driving away anyone thats left from Scorpia to Hordak to those three expendable guys that she can possibly call a companion in any form, until she is utterly insane and broken from the loneliness yet still can't stop old habits and driving away people even more, then Hordak finds out about Entrapta from Double Trouble goes on a rampage trying to kill Catra not having any of her nonsense anymore, until finally even the paid spy/saboteur betrays her so he can be on the winning side and rub all her own failures and flaws in her face, saying that she was the reason why everyone left her all along. WOW. stick a knife in her and twist it 360 degrees, why don't you?

oh and then Hordak, Glimmer and Catra get abducted by Horde Prime, Hordak tries to say he is still loyal, but Prime is like "nah, reading your mind, you lied, brainwash him." then says "now I'm going to leave forever and never return- after destroying this planet!" but then at the very end, Catra saves the world by pointing out
    "uh, no? this planet is actually a weapon, you can use it to like, enforce your empire and rule everything, don't destroy it"
    Horde prime: wow! my screen says that as well, I'll do that.
    and thus Etheria was saved....by Catra.

I can only imagine the conversation Glimmer and Catra have afterwards being something like this:
    Glimmer: why did you hand over this super-weapon to the all-conquering overlord!?
    Catra: hey I just saved this entire planet from Horde Prime killing us all by giving that info, you should be thanking me. its not as if either of us have enough power to stop him
    Glimmer:.......I'll concede your point. but I'm figuring out a way to bring him down eventually
    Catra: so you can take over and rule the universe yourself? yeah that is what I was thinking to.
    Glimmer: No! to save everyone! ugh!
    Catra: oh right, stupid princess nonsense.

this was just....Characters Having Breakdowns: the season. the writers were merciless, nobody won except Horde Prime. and this time, the big super-weapon was activated by the good guys.

it just ended badly for everyone. Best season yet. *applauds*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double Trouble is a they, not a he. Which really makes sense for a shapeshifter. I wonder why more aren't non-binary.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double Trouble is a they, not a he. Which really makes sense for a shapeshifter. I wonder why more aren't non-binary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    yeah I kind of figured that, but they sounded like a flamboyant male to me and I didn't have any confirmation of it until now.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    yeah I kind of figured that, but they sounded like a flamboyant male to me and I didn't have any confirmation of it until now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure the VA is a guy, but Double Trouble is explicitly called "they" within the show. Both Catra and Bow use that pronoun when talking about them.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Oh snap!

Glad you brought it up, Ramza00, else I might have missed it!

(How many episodes have we got this time, a six-episode half seaosn again?)

Well, Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto is going to be a bit delayed...

Again.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure the VA is a guy, but Double Trouble is explicitly called "they" within the show. Both Catra and Bow use that pronoun when talking about them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voice actor actually identifies as non-binary. Noelle Stevenson made sure to get someone that matched the character as closely as possible.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voice actor actually identifies as non-binary. Noelle Stevenson made sure to get someone that matched the character as closely as possible.
    Oh, that's cool.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Short Version: Great! Can't wait for the next season.

Long Version:

Spoiler: Didn't Like So Much
    Show
    Huntara getting dumped back into the Crimson Waste, especially when the episode built up moments between her and Perfuma. I kind of liked the energy she brought to the group, but I guess she wasn't really part of the main circle. Oh well.

Spoiler: Surprised Me
    Show
    King Micah being alive. Like, what? I guess that does explain the odd moment between Angella and the Micah hallucination in Season 3, maybe? Also Shadow Weaver's new role as gardener and seemingly sincere advisor and mentor.

Spoiler: Liked
    Show
    Where to start?

Scorpia finally breaking away from her one-sided 'friendship' with Catra. I wasn't expecting her to show up at Bright Moon though. I thought she would have gone to Beast Island herself. But seeing her interactions with the princesses was nice, especially Frosta. Also we finally get to see from Madam Razz's perspective, which goes a long way toward explaining her behaviour.

Double Trouble wins the prize for best character debut in a season. The whole "Flutterina" act was fun to watch, even if it did undermine the friendship of the main trio. But villains, eh? And they even leave Catra with a seemingly solid read on her personality. Ouch. I really like how the show emphasizes that it's not enough to look like someone, but to act and react like them too. They manage to have fun while under the effect of Glimmer's truth spell, and basically stole the part of untrustworthy manipulator from Shadow Weaver. Ends the season by going double agent as well.

Even that one named Horde squad gets half an episode for themselves. With Horde Prime taking control, I'm not sure if things would have turned out well for the Horde on Etheria. Glad to see they were on the way out.

Hordak gets a bad, but not entirely surprising ending. Horde Prime treating him like a disposable defect fits perfectly with what we learned in Season 3, so yeah.

Glimmer, Adora, and Bow each have their issues to deal with.

Light Hope's inner conflict and relationship with Mara gets shown to us reasonably well.

Catra...I'm not sure where she is by the end of the season. She seems to be utterly alone, but she's there with Glimmer and essentially saved all of Etheria by telling Horde Prime about the Heart of Etheria.

Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    So, only the ones attuned with gemstones are technically princesses? Spin, Net, and Entrapta aren't? Hmm.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I have nothing to contribute because I don’t watch the show, but this was my reaction to the thread title.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2019-11-11 at 01:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

13 episodes again for Season 4, same as Season 1. Now Season 2 had 7 episodes, and Season 3 had 6 episodes, so it looks like Netflix is ordering these episodes in 13 episode chunks and they just split up Season 2 and 3 after the production was made but before airing it over Netflix.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    13 episodes again for Season 4, same as Season 1. Now Season 2 had 7 episodes, and Season 3 had 6 episodes, so it looks like Netflix is ordering these episodes in 13 episode chunks and they just split up Season 2 and 3 after the production was made but before airing it over Netflix.
    Woot! Cool! I'mma start on that tonight, then...!

(Sorry Naruto...!)

Spoiler: s4e1-3
    Show
    Spent most of the first episode goggling at how much better than new look works on Glimmer, to my own astonishment, because I don't notice stuff like that. Apparently Queen0dom REALLY suits her.

Catra confirmed as BBEG. (She's really starting to get on my nerves. Sadly, I know I can't say the sooner someone crushes her bones to messy mulch the better, 'cos I know won't happen, but one can dream...) It would be nice if she actually got kicked down the hill a bit harder though - some punishment for frackjing uo that badly last time would have been nice.

(Though alienating Scorpia's only going to do her harm in the long run. Catra's in a dangerous place - but then again, she probably thinks she can out-smart Hodak Prime as well, so she is, of course, blind to it all...)

Noticed Flutterina in the opening shot, where Entrapta wasn't... In light of that episode, that spot appears to be somewhat dubious...!

Good start, though, as per usual.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-11-08 at 08:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! Cool! I'mma start on that tonight, then...!

(Sorry Naruto...!)

Episodes s4e1-3
    Aotrs Commander since you like to watch episodes in chunks it would be a good idea to finish the next chunk with episode 6 or episode 7 and not episode 8.

Likewise the last two episodes 12 and 13 are a two parter.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Aotrs Commander since you like to watch episodes in chunks it would be a good idea to finish the next chunk with episode 6 or episode 7 and not episode 8.

Likewise the last two episodes 12 and 13 are a two parter.
    Noted, thanks (though my standard modus operandii is always batches of three episodes, plus remainders on the last batch anyway).

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    So, only the ones attuned with gemstones are technically princesses? Spin, Net, and Entrapta aren't? Hmm.
    The mechanics of a "title" which we do not understand, nor do we understand its meaning.

Spoiler: Princesses, up to the She Ra Season 4 End.
    Show

We do not understand the meaning of the word Princesses, and if the word Princesses is a category what is the "meaning" / importance of this category.

That said we do know per Ancient Ones / Light Hope that there are more than 5 importants princesses plus She Ra (for 6.) We know this from Season 1 when Light Hope showed She Ra holograms of the princesses and that they needed to be gathered together.

There are more than the 5 elemental princesses (princesses with a runestone), and while it is not flat out stated in the text so far (correct me if I am wrong) we know there are non-elemental princesses who can do some form of unique magic (or perhaps it is a mutant power) besides those 5 elemental princesses connected to a rune stone.

Regardless Light Hope thinks those other princesses are important even if they may not be important to the Heart of Etheria plan. [Light Hope is an unreliable narrator due to her re-programming. These other princesses may be important for other reasons even if they are not necessary for the Heart of Etheria.]

-----

People have been trying to identify those other Princesses since Season 1, and here is one fan's speculation.

I myself do not see any of those princesses who could be Entrapta. So is Entrapta not a princess? Does Light Hope not know of her? Or perhaps Entrapta does not have any form of magic besides her magical hair and her love of science. My point here is we as the audience have never had it elaborately explained what a Princess is. It is a mystery box, and we know some things, and we do not know alot of things. We also have unreliable narrators for some of the things we know with Light Hope, so our knowledge we do have is basic and perhaps even contradictory.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

The mechanics of a "title" which we do not understand, nor do we understand its meaning.
    My guess:
    Spoiler: Princesses
    Show
    A princess is someone who draws on Etheria's magical energy instinctively, with relatively idiosyncratic results. The runestones are First Ones tech, which help draw in those magical energies and directs most of them to a connected princess, while transferring some portion to the Heart of Etheria. The power boost to the princesses is how the First Ones convinced a few of them, long ago, to participate in the setting up of the runestone system.

I'm basing this mostly on the time when Razz tells Mara that Etheria, and not the sword, chose her to be She-Ra. This suggests that Etheria can produce a She-Ra without the sword, and I'm extrapolating from there to the other runestones.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    My guess:
    Show
    A princess is someone who draws on Etheria's magical energy instinctively, with relatively idiosyncratic results. The runestones are First Ones tech, which help draw in those magical energies and directs most of them to a connected princess, while transferring some portion to the Heart of Etheria. The power boost to the princesses is how the First Ones convinced a few of them, long ago, to participate in the setting up of the runestone system.

I'm basing this mostly on the time when Razz tells Mara that Etheria, and not the sword, chose her to be She-Ra. This suggests that Etheria can produce a She-Ra without the sword, and I'm extrapolating from there to the other runestones.
    Show
    That makes sense to me. The sword is also First Ones tech, so I'm thinking that this isn't the source of Adora's power, just the key to channel it. She may yet find another way to transform into She-Ra to fight Prime's forces (possibly with Razz giving her a pep talk on that).

Also, just how old IS Madam Razz? Maybe she's a First One...
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show
    That makes sense to me. The sword is also First Ones tech, so I'm thinking that this isn't the source of Adora's power, just the key to channel it. She may yet find another way to transform into She-Ra to fight Prime's forces (possibly with Razz giving her a pep talk on that).

Also, just how old IS Madam Razz? Maybe she's a First One...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madam Razz is explicitly not a first one. She's an Etherian native who was there before Mara and the first ones showed up.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, y'all know that I liked it. It's nice that this show can still surprise me in some ways.
    Spoiler: Season 4: Stuff that was cool
    Show

Based on what Mara's hologram was saying back when The Squad found the ship in The Crimson Wastes, I figured that Light Hope was up to something nefarious. Though the details made for a more interesting reveal than I imagined-- really it wasn't Light Hope that was evil, but rather The First Ones were. They, not Light Hope, built The Heart of Etheria weapon. A weapon that would wipe out life on countless worlds, including Etheria. Light Hope actually came around to Mara's way of thinking, (you know, the idea that galactic-level genocide is wrong,) but was forcibly reprogrammed to carry out the mission. Which I guess might be why she always seemed so glitchy.

Double Trouble... what a cool villain! I'm used to seeing shape-shifters in cartoons that can look like whoever they're impersonating, sometimes even sound like them but can't quite act the part. Double Trouble though, they really do get into character. So it makes sense that they're also better at reading people and prodding at their insecurities. Like what Double Trouble did with Catra in the last episodes. Cold.

Speaking of Catra, she's always been a compelling character, and she remains such this season. Though here, I think we see her at her most cruel which is kind of tragic in its own right. We know that Catra can be better, but she's not. My read of her this Season is that she's not OK with her decisions to send Entrapta to Beast Island and activate the portal, even though she won't admit that she was wrong. Instead she ends up lashing out at Scorpia and the Horde cadets. Though she also manages to effectively usurp Horak, and is ultimately the one calling the shots this Season. So those of you that predicted that Catra would take over the Horde--kudos. She kind of did.

Scorpia was always one of my favorite characters in the show, so it's nice to see her come into her own. Scorpia was always loyal, which is her greatest virtue but it comes back to bite her. She might be loyal to Catra, (I'm pretty sure she's in love with her too...) but Catra treats her like garbage. Though because Scorpia is so loyal, she'll make excuses for Catra and continue to allow herself to be treated that way. Even Scorpia has her limits though. After having Catra yell at her, call her stupid, call her useless, Scorpia flatly tells her, "You're a bad friend." and leaves

Also as it turns out... Mermista is weird. I guess I should have known when she revealed that she has a doll of herself dressed as "Sea-Ra."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: s4e4-6
    Show
    Oh deary me.

Okay, on the one hand Glimmer is frickin' awesome and actually, yeah, the decisions she's made aren't actually wrong. Also, ahahahaha, she kicked Catra's arse so hard!

On the other, Bad Happen with Light Hope...

And Catra has officially gone Full Azula. You should NEVER go full Azula. Even Sasuke didn't QUITE manage to go Full Azula...

Her troops have no loyalty and she just BROKE her most loyal subordiniate and caused her desertion, if not actual defection. (And damn, that took some impressive work...) Because she just can't get over her own ego.

I do hope we get to see her crack like Azula did eventually...

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show
    Madam Razz is explicitly not a first one. She's an Etherian native who was there before Mara and the first ones showed up.
    Spoiler: Razz
    Show
    I see. Very well then, I am still curious to know about her "condition" of seeing time out of order. She doesn't physically move, so it's more like hallucinations/premonitions through time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Spoiler: Season 4: Stuff that was cool
    Show

Based on what Mara's hologram was saying back when The Squad found the ship in The Crimson Wastes, I figured that Light Hope was up to something nefarious. Though the details made for a more interesting reveal than I imagined-- really it wasn't Light Hope that was evil, but rather The First Ones were. They, not Light Hope, built The Heart of Etheria weapon. A weapon that would wipe out life on countless worlds, including Etheria. Light Hope actually came around to Mara's way of thinking, (you know, the idea that galactic-level genocide is wrong,) but was forcibly reprogrammed to carry out the mission. Which I guess might be why she always seemed so glitchy.
    Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    I'm curious what the First One's planned in order to survive their weapon. Or maybe they didn't realize its potential to blow up the planet when used.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler: Razz
    Show
    I see. Very well then, I am still curious to know about her "condition" of seeing time out of order. She doesn't physically move, so it's more like hallucinations/premonitions through time.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    I'm curious what the First One's planned in order to survive their weapon. Or maybe they didn't realize its potential to blow up the planet when used.
    Spoiler
    Show

They likely had it target specific planets and stuff, and would hide on a safe one. we know that they are AWARE that the weapon will obliterate a ton of everything, since they left once the weapon started charging up.

Anyway hey, I watched this with a good friend of mine! My thoughts below.
    Spoiler
    Show

This was the best season yet. I don't think there was a bad episode, with the weakest being the still very strong episode of Bow breaking down with Seahawk about friendship. It's real good and fits into the themes, it's just weak compared to the rest of the season. Which is not a knock on it.

My personal highlights are Double Trouble (just entirely. Every single thing they used them for was done as well as possible), Scorpia getting her lightning magic for at least a moment, and Shadow Weaver legitimately, actually, 100% just heel face turning into a good guy. She's not evil she's just like this.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

They likely had it target specific planets and stuff, and would hide on a safe one. we know that they are AWARE that the weapon will obliterate a ton of everything, since they left once the weapon started charging up.

Anyway hey, I watched this with a good friend of mine! My thoughts below.
    Spoiler
    Show

This was the best season yet. I don't think there was a bad episode, with the weakest being the still very strong episode of Bow breaking down with Seahawk about friendship. It's real good and fits into the themes, it's just weak compared to the rest of the season. Which is not a knock on it.

My personal highlights are Double Trouble (just entirely. Every single thing they used them for was done as well as possible), Scorpia getting her lightning magic for at least a moment, and Shadow Weaver legitimately, actually, 100% just heel face turning into a good guy. She's not evil she's just like this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, I still don't entirely trust Shadow Weaver, not because I think this is all a ploy, but because she's clearly an opportunist. She was firmly sided with the sorcerers and legitimately wanted to defeat the Horde. Then, after burning that bridge, she just straight up joined the Horde and started legitimately fighting the princesses. Then, after burning that bridge, too, she flipped sides again, and as far as I can tell, she's just as committed to helping the princesses as she was to beating them. I think it's probably only a matter of time until she does something that makes the heroes kick her out, and with Horde Prime here, there's now a new side for her to hop onto. This is especially likely because it was Glimmer shielding her from the wrath of the other heroes, and now Glimmer is gone. There is no one to protect her from Adora and Micah, especially because those two are likely going to be taking the reigns.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2019-11-11 at 08:17 AM.