New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

Inyoni, Mogwan, Kanto Desert - 69 AP remaining

The arrival of a blind woman accompanied by a half-wild infant caused something of a stir in Mogwan. It was, after all, the sort of place where once a man had been burned at the stake for suggesting that people should be nicer to plants. Even ordinary travellers were given a cold shoulder, let alone odd strangers asking for directions to the sacred Eaglebeak Rock.

There were always those whose ear could be turned with a handful of coin, though, and so with a curious crowd in tow, Inyoni was eventually guided along the path of red flowers to the holy mountain.

"This is it," Kismet whispered in Inyoni's ear as the pair approached the sacred cavern, violet flowers marking its entrance. Inyoni clicked her tongue a couple of times, making the sign of the Divine Owl.

"Is the cave dark?" she asked.

"Very."

"Perfect," Inyoni said. She began to walk forward, keenly aware of the crowd watching behind her. Waiting for her to fail. She would prove them wrong.

The echo of Inyoni's tongue clicks became clearer as she entered the cave, which was a double edged sword because although it made the individual sounds easier to make out, it also made the walls seem closer than they actually were. She might not be able to see the cavern, but she could certainly smell it. The acidic stench of vulture guano pervaded the air around her. She heard a clatter of bones ahead of her and stopped in her tracks.

"That's one of them," Kismet said.

"I know," Inyoni hissed. She took a deep breath and held up her hands to show she was unharmed. She could hear the vultures approaching, snapping their beaks expectantly. A pair of razor sharp claws dug into her right shoulder.

"Who are you who dares sneak into our domain?"

"I... I am Inyoni. Last of the bloodline of Juniper, I... I have come back to claim what is rightfully mine."

There was a peal of laughter from all around her.

"Why should we believe you?"

"Because I know the truth," Inyoni said. "I took me a while to work it out, but Kismet here helped nudge me in the right direction. See, you aren't real. None of you are."

"What?" The claws tightened on her shoulder.

"No vulture can talk like you can, even those of Avestra. The truth is that you're all creations of the amulet in order to guard itself from unworthy mortals. You're nothing more than a voice in my head, waking nightmares."

"That is a lie!"

"Go on, then. Kill me," Inyoni said, spreading her arms wide. "Prove you are real."

"Ahhhhhh!"

There was a great shriek from all around her and the claws Inyoni felt in her shoulder dug so deep she thought they would tear through her. Then suddenly, silence. The cave was empty again.

"You did it," Kismet said after a pause. "They're gone."

"Thought for a moment we might be wrong there," Inyoni said, allowing her a brief smile. She stepped forward, furiously clicking her tongue to keep the picture of the cave alive in her head.

"I think... that's it..." Kismet whispered in her ear, directing her slightly to the left. The reason for his hesitance became clear when Inyoni grasped the amulet in her hands -- it, too, was covered in a thick layer of guano.

~

Over the following few months, news of the mysterious blind preacher who had braved Eaglebeak Rock and retrieved the Otherworld Amulet spread far and wide across Indraniel. Those Owl followers who didn't live in the safety of Foementer or the other free communities began to gather together, lured by the promise of a new land where they wouldn't have to live in persecution. Between them and their goal, though, lay the mountains.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    AP 16, DC 12 - Influence 1M people - Led by Inyoni, the Owl folk of the Empire who don't live in the safety of Foementer or one of the free communities of the Toran Savannah or Thorgan migrate southwards over the mountains and arrive in Kanweland. Over the following generation, they convert the vast majority of the native inhabitants to the faith of the Divine Owl. Together, the exiles and the native converts will form a new, fourth division of the Owl faith: the Kanwean school.

Bonuses applied:

+2 Nature and +2 Birds - it will seem that nature itself has blessed the exodus from the Empire. Trees along the road will suddenly come into fruit as the travellers arrive, while helpful birds will fly ahead, scouting out safe routes.

+1 Sky - good weather will bless the migrants' journey over the mountains.

+2 Dreams - the ability to enter dreams will be vital when Inyoni persuades the leaders of the various Kanwean tribes to convert.

Avestra invites all other gods to aid the great migration of the Owl Folk over the mountains and into their new home. All who do will have a place of honour in the Kanwean school's pantheon.

Spoiler: About Kanweland
    Show

Kanweland is the common name for the southern green belt of Tria, stretching from the Orcishtal mountains to the north to the wastes of the southern tundra, from the edges of Ebonbark Bay in the east to the western coast. The land is sparsely inhabited by a number of self-governing human tribes who by and large live simple pastoral lifestyles. The northern tribes are closely related to the people of Toran Savannah and to live in large, open villages who herd cattle across the plains. The southern tribes, meanwhile, live in smaller, more isolated hill forts surrounded by small farmsteads. They are of a mid-brown complexion and typically possess broad noses, rumoured to be the result of distant Neanderthal admixture. Many are blue or green eyed, in contrast to their otherwise dark features.

Upon the adoption of the Owl Faith, a number of changes will come to the people of Kanweland, most notably a move away from farming livestock out of respect for Avestra's wishes. Those who continue to will allow their herds to roam semi-freely and only take as little as they need for meat. Knowledge of amberis will spread rapidly. The various tribes, now united by a common faith, will begin to cooperate more and develop a common identity. Since followers of the Kanwean school form a majority in their own lands, the prohibition from having children will be restricted to holy men and women only. Adoption will nevertheless continue to be seen as an important societal practice.

Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-07-22 at 05:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Ymon-Desha, Somewhere in southern Tria

People as far as the eye could see, Ymon-Desha thought as she crouched on the top of a cliff overlooking what she knew was still only a small part of the people traveling south. It sort of reminded her of the Yith gathered around the Landing in preparation for Ymon-Thal's announcement but unlike them, these people were all moving, some of them carrying what seemed to be all of their possessions.

Ymon-Desha had come upon their trail by accident as she explored the lands south of the Boa Jungle. She had spent days aiding what remained of the Yith after the Great Ascension, as it was already known, had caused their society to peacefully collapse into itself. She hadn't needed sleep since becoming a demigoddess but after almost instinctively spearing someone who approached her from behind she realized that she needed some sort of rest.

Travelling the world seemed as good of an alternative as anything and one perk of divinity was the ability to easily skip the boring parts. Though that clearly wasn't an option for long line of people below her, they had to walk every step of the journey and the exhaustion on some of their faces didn't bode well for the many steps still to come.

She stood up, still unnoticed by the people beneath the cliff, and reached out with her power.

Spoiler: Help for Avestra
    Show
    + 2 Body: Ymon-Desha strengthens the bodies of the migrating people, making their journey a little easier.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Davanda and Others - The City of Wonders, Theshana - Shooting Star:

(Inside His Home)

The past few days had continued to be strange and even more stressful than she had ever thought they'd be. While she was given a whole week to prepare, something she appreciated, she had overestimated just how easy her father had made enchanting air magic look. The notes that Nerassus (Nerassus~, he actually came to help her!) had given her helped her create her masterpiece that she was going to present. She'd not slept (she needed less of it anyway) and was planning on working as long as she could on the project till breakfast with her mother; when dawn came over the workshop and Davanda sensed something behind her. "!" Turning around she saw the emperor in blue robes that held gold trimmings sitting at the table smiling at her.

"Good morning my sparkle. I heard you've been busy, and wished to not trouble you with coming back home just for me." They said with amusement.

"Mother" said Davanda a little confused and worried "you already knew about the test? That'd I'd be here?"

"Word has already reached Yimor of your meeting inside the Theshanian Wizard Council, and seeing you not in your chambers after supper last night I knew you would have come here."

"Mother, I- I'm sorry, I did not want you to w-" Valrion raised their hand.

"It's ok, it was you and your father's project." Valrion's smile went away. "Davanda I wanted to tell you... he is safe. Something happened in the north, but he escaped the tragedy, though those he was staying with met a" they looked away "gruesome end."

Davanda did not quite know how to react to that. "Mother do you know where father is?" The pained look that Davanda saw answered her query. "I'm sorry."

Valrion looked right back at her "No dear, there is nothing to be sorry for. Please, let us focus on what we can do." Valrion stood up, looking at the door and back at Davanda, smirking a bit. "Now I don't get out as much as I wish, but Theshana is a place I know of a little. There should be a few good places to find something to eat around this time, I personally like to visit a place that serves fantastic Ulonorian blue tea." Valrion was thinking for a bit. "It's been a decade, so it might not be there. Still, would you like to try dear? You'll need something to eat before your test."

Davanda was surprised at this offer. "That could take over an hour, don't you have a meeting today Mother?" There was always a meeting for the emperor it seemed.

They waved away the concern "There was something planned, but I would not miss this day for anything. Light Above also wishes you well."

(Later at the Test)

The people of Theshana had for the past week been anticipating the Test, with rumors going around that the applicant was the sahgori princess Davanda; and the test that it was going to on something new? It was all strange, which is precisely what made the people of the city so excited.

Before dawn had even come, some of the citizens were making their way to the field that the wizards conducted their tests, taking seats or setting up stands for goods. By the time an hour had past dawn the place was becoming a small festival of sorts as the excited crowd awaited the unprecedented 'show' of magic.

The arrival of Nerassus sparked many in the crowed to move away, confused and fearful of the sight ("How can that be the son of Yir? He's ugly." "Maybe he is just a weird changeling?"), though many tried their best to look past the bestial appearance and give overly polite gestures to try and smooth things over. However, him being there did all but confirm who was being tested today.

The council members took to the field as workers brought out five targets, a two boulders, five giant bronze rings, and a small boat.

Spoiler: The Boat
    Show

Then after everything was set into place a radiant pillar of light appeared containing the princess, this display making the crowd buzz with noise. The attention making Davanda almost glow red and only glance at the crowd, brightening up a bit and waving a bit once she caught sight of Nerassus.

The Head-Speaker took to a small stand, an attendant sounding a horn to quiet the crowd before the speaker said "Good morning my fellow members of the eternal city and" glancing at Nerassus and a few other outsiders "welcomed guests from beyond our home. We have gathered here this morning to witness the culmination of the studies the sahgori princess Davanda who has come to our blessed city to undergo our city's prestigious Test of Wizardy; furthermore she has challenged herself to accomplish the unprecedented task of taking the test under a new school of magic. So for the first time in the history, the Test of Air shall commence!" He extended a hand down towards Davanda "When you are ready begin."

Davanda gave a nod, taking a moment to steady herself before looking at the targets and pronouncing words of air while pointing. Sparks lept between her fingers as visible lighting quickly moved down her shoulder to the tip of her extended finger and jumping out towards one of the targets. Lighting roiled across the target's surface leaving a few burn marks before leaping off towards a second target, then a third before finally ending. This flashy display certainly got the attention of the crowd, whispering among itself at the sight of this.

Then Davanda with a gesture of her hand and more words of air lifted the boulders up in rapid motion, speaking another word to keep them hovering. Then moving the remaining targets in a similar manner she placed then atop the boulders before making her way to the boat. The crowd was full of anticipation as she boarded the small ship.

There was a few tense minutes as Davanda was fiddling around with the ship, but finally everything was ready and ignoring the crowd to the best of her abilities focused on the giant bronze rings. Lifting one by one with her magic into the air they created a path angled towards the sky, and glowed in anticipation. Casting a gust spell, Davanda gave wind to the sails of the ship making it move forwards; and when it got close to the rings she lifted the front of the vessel to make it go into the air inside the ring!

Davanda had to hold onto the ship tightly as the ship increased it's speed significantly as it went through the first, second, third, fourth, and finally the fifth one. The whole ship glowed as Davanda commanded it, overlooking the city from high up as she soar across the sky. To the onlookers down below, it looked like the boat was shot into the sky like a shooting star, so clearly did the ship glow in the early morning's thin illumination.

The light of the ship faded away after a few minutes, Davanda having it fly around the the city once before returning to the field where the crowd cheered. Paying close attention to the landing Davanda had it hover over where she took off and slowly descend.

This was more than any of the council had expected to see, except the Head-Speaker who was smiling. One of the council members said "I guess this confirms that one of the two is her father."

"Ugh," said another one a bit annoyed "while I hate to admit it your right I suppose the Prince Trodo theory was out there."

"Which one do you think it is?" said a third.

"Quite, not the time for this." said the Head-Speaker. Looking up to Davanda as the ship landed he said to her "That was a fantastic display of your discoveries. Now, let us finish this."

Looking toward the now cheering crowd the Head-Speaker had their attendant quiet them again. When it finally calmed down enough for them to be heard, the Head-Speaker announced. "I believe that all are in agreement that Davanda has shown great skill in her magic. With the power invested in me by the Council of Wizards of our eternal city, is the school of Air acknowledged to be real," Davanda gave a bow " and under the Shining Lord's blessing do I bestow upon you the title of Arch-Wizard of Air. Great things are expected from you."

"Thank you."

Davanda could not really stay too long, the attention of the crowd starting to overwhelm them. After a short while a robbed figure quickly was able to let her escape in a polite manner, leaving the ship to returned to her at a later date.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-23 at 11:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by The JoJo View Post

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    AP 16, DC 12 - Influence 1M people - Led by Inyoni, the Owl folk of the Empire who don't live in the safety of Foementer or one of the free communities of the Toran Savannah or Thorgan migrate southwards over the mountains and arrive in Kabweland. Over the following generation, they convert the vast majority of the native inhabitants to the faith of the Divine Owl. Together, the exiles and the native converts will form a new, fourth division of the Owl faith: the Kabwean school.

Bonuses applied:

+2 Nature and +2 Birds - it will seem that nature itself has blessed the exodus from the Empire. Trees along the road will suddenly come into fruit as the travellers arrive, while helpful birds will fly ahead, scouting out safe routes.

+1 Sky - good weather will bless the migrants' journey over the mountains.

+2 Dreams - the ability to enter dreams will be vital when Inyoni persuades the leaders of the various Kabwean tribes to convert.

Avestra invites all other gods to aid the great migration of the Owl Folk over the mountains and into their new home. All who do will have a place of honour in the Kabwean school's pantheon.

Spoiler: About Kabweland
    Show

Kabweland is the common name for the southern green belt of Tria, stretching from the Orcishtal mountains to the north to the wastes of the southern tundra, from the edges of Ebonbark Bay in the east to the western coast. The land is sparsely inhabited by a number of self-governing human tribes who by and large live simple pastoral lifestyles. The northern tribes are closely related to the people of Toran Savannah and to live in large, open villages who herd cattle across the plains. The southern tribes, meanwhile, live in smaller, more isolated hill forts surrounded by small farmsteads. They are of a mid-brown complexion and typically possess broad noses, rumoured to be the result of distant Neanderthal admixture. Many are blue or green eyed, in contrast to their otherwise dark features.

Upon the adoption of the Owl Faith, a number of changes will come to the people of Kabweland, most notably a move away from farming livestock out of respect for Avestra's wishes. Those who continue to will allow their herds to roam semi-freely and only take as little as they need for meat. Knowledge of amberis will spread rapidly. The various tribes, now united by a common faith, will begin to cooperate more and develop a common identity. Since followers of the Kabwean school form a majority in their own lands, the prohibition from having children will be restricted to holy men and women only. Adoption will nevertheless continue to be seen as an important societal practice.

Help Avestra
    Su'ule thought much of her cousin, as she liked to think of her, Avestra. She kept to herself without interfering in her business, and Su'ule believed that as long as the gods were strong and at the "Top of the food chain", the Oerth was at it's best. Avestra had been nothing but good to Su'ule for as long as she could remember. She would return her kind gestures. Avestra's people of the Kabwelands would be among the best users of natural magic in Oerth, have a limited protection against unnatural creatures, and would be knowledgeable in reproductive medicines.

Spoiler
    Show

+ 2 Sorcery : All of the "Nature" based magic schools usable by the Kabwelanders would be empowered and easier to use.
    + 2 Monsters : The people all have a limited ability to ward off monstrous assaults on themselves and their loved ones. They must create some kind of figurine (for the poor among them) to ward off the monsters, or for the rich, a stone statue of any kind of real monster will suffice.
    + 1 Birth : The people will be knowledgeable in potions that aid birth/the act of sexual reproduction.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Timorin paced the Library of the Gods, warpick in hand. I should help the Yithal. They would be a good people to have as friends. Let's do something special for them. They are native to the passing so that's something. What if I filled the passing with beautiful amazing palaces for all of them… what is happening to me? Here I am surrounded by all of this Grawledge… I mean knowledge… and the best thing I can come up with is palaces?

He continued pacing, his thoughts following a similar pattern until he ended up leaving to go to the University. Even after all the time that had passed, he could still sense the attack. The death, the destruction. He decided to return to the Twilight Grove instead. This also had the undeniable feel of death. Let us go somewhere a little more joyous so I can root Graw out of my head.

He ended up on the Isle of Eggs where all of the Tongues and Terrors of the reef kept their eggs until they hatched. This island had the feel of life and birth around it. Wait a second… I have an idea… And it isn't some stupid Palace.

Spoiler: Help
    Show
    Yithal

Timorin shall give the Yithal two blessings.
    The first is to strengthen their illusions and make them able to do harm to anyone who falls for them. An illusionary blade can still cut anyone who can't see through the illusion. +2 Drama

Timorin also wants to strengthen their ability to cross between worlds. As of now they can only truly use Kahars portals but Timorin shall make it so that areas that are closer to the passing shall form bridges between the planes, visible and usable only to the Yithal. In practice what this means is that areas that are high in death/birth counts will be more closely bridged with the passing as far as the Yithal are concerned. Battle fields, execution blocks, hospitals, etc. All will form bridges with the passing for the Yithal to come and experience the joys of birth and ease the pain of death and grief where they can. The first of these shall be the Isle of Eggs in the reef. +2 Twilight Archipelago. +2 Architecture. +2 War.

+8

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: The Godsmoot
    Show
    Timorin was in the great library in Diviworld with Thalia sitting at the head of the table. Timorin stood on her left side and Carl the Barl stood on her right.

"Gods, mortals, demigods, I am sure you are all wondering about why I have gathered you all here. There were two issues that likely need to be brought to your attention." Timorin turns toward Nerassus. "Would you like to explain the knife or shall I?"

India, Nerassus and Petr have taken seats on Timorin's left. Nerassus turns towards India who pulls the knife out and places it on the table, in clear view of everyone. "I think it would be best if you were to explain it. It's the promise you gave everyone to get them to come here after all." The demigod reaches up to gently brush on the silvery critter resting on his shoulder. "Besides, you've actually used the thing. Unlike me."

CRACK

Alatadriel sat with a bored look on her face, and a bowl of chestnuts in front of her. She took apart the remains of the cracked nut in front of her and slowly chewed it. Rosalin stood awkwardly, back straight, in her full red armor, mask and all. "Wait, Wait! Why isn't Grawissen here? He sent me help just the other day."
    Rosalin coughed, not wanting to explain anything to her mother.
    "Also, I want everyone here to know that moot means nut in Sinalese." She cracked another nut open.

Chern sat near the opposite end of the table, fingers steepled under his chin above the flame of a candle. He watched Timorin with piercing expectancy. His eyes flicked once to Alatadriel, rolled with unnerving precision, then returned to Timorin. Thal-Verys was leaned against a wall, her sun hovering awkwardly beside her, and observing the deities present. Dulnori sat next to an empty chair. He was looking straight at Timorin, trying desperately to ignore the glare of Thal-Verys artifact.

Timorin nods to Nerassus and then looks to Ala.. "Well Graw wasn't invited. Also we will address that more about his situation after we settle our original goal. This blade of unknown origin appeared just before we reawoke as you should all know. After examining it I have concluded that it gives the wielder divine power over blood, the way my war pick gives me power over architecture." He holds Archimedes up to show what he means. "What makes the blade special is that if you were to say, have your followers slaughter people in your name to obtain power, that power can then be converted into greater strength over blood. The more you have them sacrifice to you, the stronger your power over blood becomes."

As she looked at the blade Thal-Verys' eyes narrowed. She doubted Ymon-Thal cared much about sacrifices either way but she still remembered the feeling of being a mortal next to a god and knowing just how little your life mattered.

"A toy then, some leftover relic of the past. I have no opinion on this.," said Dulnori. He began to squirm a little in his seat, restless to get back to productive work, and unsure of why this meeting needed to be called in the first place.

"I think that's understating things a little," Chern retorted. "This is an instrument of evil. It encourages the foul exploitation of mortal. How serendipitous that it should fall into Timorin's hands..."

"Not Timorin's hands. Ours." Petr looks straight towards Chern. "And we have no intention of allowing it to be used for any kind of sacrifice. Blood is my domain. A domain to give life, not to take it." The watery humanoid shape nods towards Dulnori. "And a leftover relic. But then the question becomes. From who? It was found on University grounds. Below foundations laid by when the prehists lived in the area as I understand it."

"Probably just the remains of a dead body."

"What does it matter where it came from?" said Alatadriel. "Destroy it and be over with it. Whoever made it is dead now."

"We do not know that for certain," Avestra interjected from the corner of the table that she perched beside. "Each deity here has awoken and fallen back into slumber in roughly the same pattern. Perhaps the creator of this knife is unaligned with us."

"Perhaps, though I think the mortals and demigods might have noticed," said Chern. "I agree with the fox, oddly enough. We should destroy it."

"That would be rash before we know where it came from," Avestra said, tilting her head. "Perhaps its creator has a longer sleep cycle than us and has not yet awoke since we arose. Or is careful not to reveal their presence to the world."

Finally, Su'ule Spoke. "Chern, Alatadriel. . . You both have much to pay for." Ignoring the information about the dagger. "I don't want to be anywhere near YOU! Chern! You cursed my children with infertility, and YOU! Alatadriel! You threatened my children with death, murder and damnation as a Tree of Woe. "
    "I demand recompense. OR ELSE!"

Alatadriel angrily cracked another nut as small flames flickered around her. Rosalin's hand naturally made it's way to the blade at her side. "I did more than threaten your nation's people. I have made true on all promises that I have made. And no, I will give recomponse unto you for the evil deeds of your people! If you will not properly discipline you-Wait... Grawisssen is dead!" She took out a handkerchief and blew her nose into it. "I never got to apologize to him!"
    Rosalin put a hand on Alatadriel's shoulder. "My mother has been... Rather emotional lately." Came the muffled voice of Rosalin from below her mask. "Aid from Al-Estria is strictly off the table however. We would have to go through enemy territory to deliever the goods."
    "As for your border sanctity, Petr. This matter concerns us all, and as such extends beyond not only yours, but all of our borders. I refuse to allow you to hid behind your walls an attempt to dodge your responsibilties."

"I apologize for your loss. But beyond encroaching on my domain of the North, you also encroached on my people's right to progress in the after life. You also encroached on the progress of their civilization, and their magic arts." "If you really believe the use of fire in magic is so heinous, you should use words. And no, "Execute him" is not an acceptable use of words.

Alatadriel blew her nose again before continuing. "The gifts I had given your race were being abused and they needed to be made an example of. While mortals learn many things from speeches, and the like. But this is not one of them. I had given them warning, it is only through their decisions that your people had died."

"Ah. I see. So the fact that anyone around the fire mages also die is of no consequence to you?"
    "Furthermore, my people have died of YOUR interference many many YEARS before you "Warned" them. I am the goddess of sorcery, you are the one who has interfered with my people's advancement for MILLENIA!"

Meanwhile, the topic of the Blood Fang continued to be discussed.

Petr barely bats an eye at Su'ule's outburst. Of course the fox had threathened someone before the moot. "I'm not surprised Alatadriel wants to see the dagger destroyed. It's behaviour I've come to expect. But that you would want to destroy it out of hand does surprise me Chern. It's quite unlike you to be so careless. And frankly, the choice to destroy it is not yours to make. It belongs to the 1st Justice University, and so is the responsibility of my son. If you show no desire to study it or learn where it came from, that's on you. But I Absolutely refuse to ignore a potential threat just because it's convenient!" Nerassus immediately plants a hand on Petr's shoulder to calm her fury.

Chern shrugged, ignoring Su'ule completely but saying to Petr and Nerassus, "I was invited, presumably, to give my thoughts. My thoughts have been given. Any interest I have in its origin is outweighed by my concern for how it will be used."

Timorin listened to the things being said, ignoring the outburst from Su'ule for the moment, as well as the fact Chern did not technically fulfill the requirements to say they were invited... "The blade indeed is not mine. In fact the only blood it has spilled since it's discovery, I believe, is mine and Petr's. I actually have a plan for learning more about the origin of the blade. Carl the Barl here, legendary Bard that I sent to take record of the Boa Accords is here in the library working as my agent. He has two primary jobs. I expect that given the blade's point of origin, the most likely source of information on the blade is Grawissen. Since he has chosen not to awake yet, I have taken the liberty of assigning Carl to research Graw's knowledge left behind in the library to uncover any information. That shall be his secondary priority for the time being."

"What do you mean by that? Grawissen is already dead." Dulnori asked.

Timorin looked around at the crowd before extending his will. The following words would be broadcast to call gods and demigods, whether present or not, save Julian. "Graw is not dead. If he was, a mortal wouldn't be able to use his bones for divine actions. This mortal goes by Julian. He has gathered most of Graw's "corpse" and is trying to use Graw's power for his own means. So far he has immortalized himself and revived the Leviathan of old. Now he is using the power he stole to immortalize the Leviathan. Carl's second job is to serve as my agent to report all of this Julian's actions to the entire pantheon. I hope Deja Vu uses this information to do the right thing. That is the second point of concern we may want to address. I figure some of you may have questions or information."

"Wait what? Someone stole the bones from the Aeons?"

"The shipment of the body was somehow intercepted apparently. The bones were spread across the globe, and someone snuck the bones back into the University without..." Nerassus's lips twist into an angry growl. "Was he the one organizing the attack upon the University?"

"If that is where the bones were, then that is a safe assumption. He has broken asylum with my people by doing such." Timorin's eyes flickered with anger.

"Excuse me. . . some MORTAL is using one of our corps'es for power?"

Thal-Verys listened to the conversation without contributing. She remembered her meeting with Déjà Vu, how he had talked about losing his father's bones. He had not mentioned that they still contained Grawissen's power. Could the mysterious blade be something similar, carrying the power of some dead or missing deity?

"That is... interesting," Avestra said, stretching her wings. "Do we know his motivation?"

Timorin shrugged. "So far he has done nothing but sit on my islands and make the Leviathan and himself immortal. He has yet to succeed with the Leviathan but has now gone off. Probably to betray me given he was so insistent on helping."

"The bones were supposed to be handed off to the Aeons, but apparently some made their way back for some sort of research study. I was informed after the attack that they were stolen." Nerassus snorts loudly. "Immortalizing himself huh? Smart to take the power into himself as a form of protection. But at least now that I know who he is, I can keep tabs on him."

"Hrmf. He has the audacity to try and create a monster in my domain after assaulting mortals under my." Petr glances towards Nerassus. "Our protection? Smart is not the word I would use about him."

Dulnori stood up straighter, "Thank you for this information friend. Most likely he'll try and steal the Aeon's portion as well, my forces can cut him down when he tries it."

"You weren't already informed?" Nerassus turns towards Dulnori. "I dispatched messengers as soon as I heard part of the skeleton was stolen."

"Did you use mortals? Mortals can't travel anywhere near as quickly across the globe as you can."

"Well sure... but still."

"I've heard some of this, but not all of it. Certainly nothing about his immortality. I'm certain Ironhide has already posted guards, I'll just inform her about the changes in this situation. It's no fault of yours Nerassus, and your aid in my experiments have been invaluable. Thank you for that. "

Rosalin was the first to speak up. "If you had known about him, why did you do nothing, Timorin?" Rosalin's voice was restrained but tinged with anger. "Had you not thought his trust was in question when he revived a monster that was notorious for sinking the ships of the innocent? If he was responsible for the attack he already had blood on his hands, and yet you did nothing to stop him!"

Timorin shakes a bit. "I only just learned that the bones were related to the attack on the university right here as I stand here. As for the leviathan, my history with it has been sending it to be killed. Has it successfully sunk a ship in the past? Anything further he was bound by asylum that he struck with my people before I returned. I will not throw away their honor because a man makes monsters. Su'ule makes monsters all the time and I don't try to strike them down. Besides I've been watching him since he came to my knowledge. He can do little damage to others from within my borders. He has left them now though and makes his way toward the tainted lands."

Rosalin's muffled voice came from below her mask. "Few live to tell the tale of meeting The Levithan. But it is a creature renowned for it's ferocity and spite. Tearing down any ship in it's wake and eating any and all things that come across it's path. It a swear on a sailor's tongue.
    "Even if you did not know of the blood on his hands. You knew that a mortal was using the bones of a god to act as one of us." Alatadriel continued. "I would not trust such an important artifact in even the hands of my daughter, and you allow a complete stranger to wield them. We had a right to know as soon as you knew."

Timorin shrugged. "I was honor bound to uphold the promise of my people. I'm not the only one to have aided them." Timorin turned his attention to Su'ule.

"I think we have drifted away from the point of this meeting," Chern interrupted, leaning tiredly in his chair. "This dagger. I'm going to put forward a formal motion that we destroy it. All those in favour say aye."

Timorin raises an eyebrow. "I think so long as it belongs to Nerassus, it shall be his decision. So I will follow his lead. I trust the young man's judgement. Having called the meeting, I would remind you there were two points. Julian was one."

"Let's hear where the majority stand on the very pressing issue of the dagger before we continue." Chern suggested. "Those not in favour say nay. For expedience."

Timorin shrugs. "It's not a group decision, so Nay."

Thalia shook her head. "With all do respect and apthy Lord Chern, the decision is not ours to make as a whole. Nay."

"I vote nay," Avestra said. "I see no reason to destroy the artifact yet, before we know anything of its origins."

"I have already made my opinons clear." Alatadriel said. "Aye."

"This is beyond my sphere, nay." said Dulnori.

"Blood is my domain. It's always been my domain. I do not need a knife to protect and create the well-spring of life within mortals." Petr plants a hand upon Nerassus's shoulder. "What do you think? You are the one who holds the dagger."

"It's purpose is clearly to sacrifice. So the question becomes... who made it, and for what reason? While mortals do enact pointless sacrifices from time to time, Uncle is the only one who has ever made a request for sacrifice. Had it been in his hands, I would have requested it's destruction. But it is not. It will not be used for sacrifice as long as I can keep it safe. And so, for now. I would say it belongs in a museum. For all we know, it may be some kind of seal. It has existed all this time without doing damage. To destroy it would change whatever status quo it may or may not maintain... so nay. It should not be destroyed."

Thal-Verys closed her eyes as she communicated with Ymon-Thal, before speaking up for the first time during the meeting. "Ymon-Thal votes nay. Assuming the blade can be kept safe and..." She paused, considering how to quote her god in a more diplomatic fashion. "And preferably not be used until we are sure of its origin and abilities."

"I say we get rid of the damn thing, through any means necessary. Let's destroy it!" Su'ule announced.

"Did you even listen? As I just said, it's existed for this long without doing any harm. Why destroy it right now when there's still so much that could be learned from it? I don't know about you, but I do not want to be caught unprepared by whatever it is that created this originally."

"The nays have it then," Chern said without too much sulkiness, "I'll respect the pantheon's decision. Is there anything else?"

Timorin shrugged. "I gave most of the information I intended. If anybody has questions or other issues to bring up, we can address those." He looks around the room smiling.

"Actually, there is one thing." Nerassus crosses his arms with a thoughtful frown. "As you all should be aware of by now, Sanctuary suffered a gruesome attack by a wicked mortal known as Varpier. Furthermore, with the recent attack upon the first University, it is becoming increasingly apparent that someone out there is concentrating their efforts on attacking mother and her people. With this in mind, I wish to send people to investigate and track down Varpier and his "children". I hope you will all keep your ports open for when they arrive."

"I cannot speak for the Crow Republic, as they manage their own borders," Avestra said. "That said, with their longstanding association with the First University, I see no reason why they would object."

This time Thal-Verys didn't feel the need to discuss with Ymon-Thal before she spoke. "The Yith have no ports to speak of and their situation is... complicated at the moment but your people will be welcome and I will have my order assist them." She turned to look directly at Petr and Nerassus. "Flowermaker, do you believe there is any connection between these two — Varpier and Julian — aside from the fact that they both attacked your people?"

Timorin nods. "Julian referred to this Varpier as his father to my people so I assume the two are related in some fashion. As for my ports, they are always open to your people, so long as they continue to respect our laws."

"I had strong suspicions. Now." She glances towards Timorin. "I find it to be all but confirmed. Both assaults relied heavily on necromantic spells and transmutations. Furthermore, both left victims utterly drained of mana using similar processes. We're limited then to someone familiar with necromancy-empowering mana drains. Furthermore, they both attacked locations on Tria. Since Graw's bones were apparently split between Tria and Axia, it stands to reason that this "Julian" chose to attack the University first as a matter of convenience."

"And even so. My students are trained in disrupting this style of necromantic spells. Of course we're going to respect all local laws. They are not an extra-judicial task force. But these... children of Varpier plant themselves as parasites within a society. They must be found and weeded out, so that we can limit these instances of pointless death."

" I'll take any help you can give Petr, though I doubt either your task force or these leeches will be able to do much when surrounded by stagnant steppe air."

Timorin smiles. "If there is nothing else, then I invite you all to check out the facilities. I guess we are ready to move on with our own business. Except Dulnori. I would like to speak with you before you go."

Petr inclines their head politely and stands up, followed by Nerassus who stands up in a more awkward motion. "Thank you, but if this is all, I'm afraid we have a lot of work to attend to."

"I'll see you all later." Nerassus gives a bit of an awkward wave as the two spirits that have been balancing on his shoulder scampers down to the table, making a race out of who manages to bring the knife back to Nerassus first. As they end up in a tangled heap, playfighting with one another, Nerassus sighs as he scoops them up with one hand, and the knife with the other. "Come India." A globe of water forms around Petr, Nerassus, India and the Knife all. It swirls for a brief moment, and then draws back into the ground, taking them with.

OOC: Just copying the action list and pantheon table here from the Codex thread. Two main changes are the inclusion of "create a unique ecosystem" as a 16 AP action, and adding Opulon back into the pantheon.

Spoiler: Divine Actions List
    Show
    Undetectable actions

Free/Instant: manifest avatar, teleport avatar, shapeshift avatar, interact with the world, perform inconsequential/non-divine magic, attempt to remotely contact other gods - general fluff and flavour basically.

1 AP/0 DC: influence one mortal (significantly alter the course of their life by compelling them to action, altering their body, killing them, etc.).

2 AP/1 DC: influence a small group of mortals (~10), influence a small landmark or room, change the weather in a village-sized area.

4 AP/2 DC: influence a large group of mortals (~100), influence a large landmark or building.

6 AP/3 DC: influence a village of mortals (~1000), influence a village-sized area, change the weather in a city-sized area.

8 AP/4 DC: change the weather in a state-sized area, create a basic living species (plant, fungus, micro-organisms), create a basic non-living substance.

10 AP/6 DC: influence a town of mortals (~10k), influence a town-sized area, create an animal species, create one or a collection of lesser magical items (easy to both use and destroy, such as a magic carpet, health potion, invisibility cloak, etc.).

12 AP/8 DC: influence a city of mortals (~100k), influence a city-sized area, create a collection of lesser magical minions (should be a reasonable match for most mortals, such as hellhounds, cherubs, horse-mounted Nazgul, etc.), immortalise a living creature or mortal, create a pocket dimension (must be bounded and unable to hold a population), reincarnate a deceased non-divine being.

14 AP/10 DC: influence one immortal, create a single greater magical monster (should be challenging for even the best mortals to slay, such as a dragon, gorgon, fell beast-mounted Witch King, etc.), create a greater magical item (requires understanding of magic to use or destroy, such as a phylactery, enchanted weapons and armour, crystal ball, etc.), sanctify an area for +2 (max 4 per god).

Detectable actions

16 AP/12 DC: influence a state of mortals (~1M) or a small group of immortals (~10), influence a state-sized area, scry a country-sized area, induce a celestial phenomenon (comet, eclipse, aurora, etc.), demand the sacrifice of 100k mortals to refill AP for the age, create a sentient species, create a unique ecosystem, create a +2 domain religious artefact (max 3 per god).

18 AP/14 DC: influence a country of mortals (~10M), influence a country-sized area, scry a continent-sized area, create a plane of reality (can be unbounded and capable of sustaining a population), create a +2 domain/-2 weakness demigod (max 2 per god).

20 AP/16 DC: influence a continent of mortals (~100M), influence a continent-sized area, scry the entire planet, create a law of reality (such as a system of magic for mortals to use, or an objective morality), create a supernaturally gifted sentient species, assign a chosen people for +2 (1 per god).

22 AP/18 DC: influence every mortal on the planet, influence the entire planet, demand genocide for infinite AP this age, despoil a +2 sanctified area.

24 AP/20 DC: destroy a +2 artefact, confer a -2 weakness to a demigod, banish a god for a turn, announce a prophesy.

30 AP/24 DC: destroy a demigod, destroy a chosen people, confer a -2 weakness to another god.

40 AP/30 DC: destroy a god.

Secondary actions

1 AP: scry one object or living creature (allows you to detect undetectable actions that happen within your scry, effective for the duration of the turn after the turn on which you call the scry), demand the sacrifice of one mortal to generate 3 BP.

2 AP: scry a small landmark or room, demand a sacrifice of 10 mortals to generate 8 BP.

4 AP: scry a large landmark or building.

6 AP: scry a town-sized area, demand the sacrifice of 100 mortals to generate 16 BP.

8 AP: scry a city-sized area.

10 AP: scry a state-sized area, demand the sacrifice of 1000 mortals to generate 30 BP.

12 AP: scry a country-sized area, reincarnate/reawaken a mortal/monstrous demigod.

14 AP: occupy +1 of another god's sanctified area, steal +1 of another god's religious artefact (contested rolls, defender may double their modifiers if they have an available secondary action).

16 AP: kill a mortal demigod or banish an immortal demigod for one turn (contested roll, defender may double their modifiers if they have an available secondary action).

Notes on actions

Contested actions: if a god scrys another god's undetectable action and wishes to oppose it, then there are two methods. The first is simply to hinder the roll. You may call on other gods to apply further hinders, even if they do not have scry on the area. The second method is to use your action to directly counter the scryed action (for instance if a force of 100 mortals is influence to invade your temple, you may influence those same 100 mortals to have them all fail), in which case the action with the highest success margin will be deemed the successful outcome. This may be done simultaneously with the first method, so you may hinder their action and perform a counter action at the same time for maximum advantage (the enemy cannot hinder your counter action unless they have their own scry, or it's detectable). If you have already done your action for the turn, then you cannot perform a counter action, the logic being that your god's efforts are being spent elsewhere and thus they are distracted from their scryed area.

Spoiler: The Pantheon
    Show
    Player Deity Domains Weaknesses Sanctified Areas Artefacts Demigods Chosen People
    Garjel_blah Chern +4 Decay, +1 Fermentation, +1 Sanitation -2 Downtrodden +2 Starry Crypt
    Godzillarich Grawissen +2 Mining, +2 Knowledge, +1 Writing, +1 Singing -2 Unknown Grawissen's Pickaxe (+2 Architecture) Deja Vu (+2 Heroism/-2 Murder)
    Megadraco Kahar-Djin +2 Paths, +2 Thresholds, +1 Travellers, +1 Crossroads -2 Unexplored The Key of Spheres (+2 Keys) The Council of Masters (+2 Council/-2 Deliberation)
    Demonjazz Alatadriel +2 Fire, +2 Foxes, +1 Bees, +1 Fertility -2 Arrogance Davy (+2 Civil Engineering) Rosalin Ravenhold (+2 Wilfulness/-2 Mundane)
    The Jojo Avestra +2 Nature, +2 Birds, +1 Reproduction, +1 Sky -2 Primeval Avestra's Perch The Otherworld Amulet (+2 Dreams)
    Batcathat Ymon-Thal +2 Life, +2 Death, +1 Balance, +1 Twins -2 Unliving +2 the Passing Thal-Verys (+2 Souls/-2 Grief), Ymon-Desha (+2 Body/-2 Patience)
    gac3 Timorin +2 Drama, +2 War, +1 Games, +1 Asylum -2 Fear +2 Twilight Archipelago The Hope of Timorin (+2 Sacrifice/-2 Frail)
    Mira_124 Opulon +2 Cosmology, +2 Divination, +1 [unassigned], +1 [unassigned]
    flyinglemur Dulnori +2 Fortune, +2 Ambition, +1 Dreams, +1 Sailing -2 Stability +2 Harken Steppe
    Maryring Petr +2 Water, +2 Healing, +1 Rainbow, +1 Medical -2 Pain +2 Moonpool Pearlescent Moon (+2 Moon) Nerassus (+2 Justice/-2 Flesh)
    DarthArminius Su'ule +2 Sorcery, +2 Monsters, +1 Birth, +1 Metamorphosis -2 Wilfulness +2 Su'ule's Chosen
    AlexanderML Yir +2 Sun, +2 Majesty, +1 Perfection, +1 Symbiosis -2 Arrogance +2 Stonesthroe Peaks Valrion (+2 Giants/-2 Petulance), Davanda (+2 Harmony/-2 Family)
    Playerless Godless The Blood Fang (+2+BP Blood)
    Last edited by Garjel_blah; 2020-04-23 at 07:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Su'ule And Chern
    Su'ule's avatar appears as a blue haired beautiful Giant woman.
    "Chern. . . you still haven't repented from your wanton destruction of my people's fertility, and the sullying of my Chosen People with recurring plague."
    "However, I have come to you with offer. If you should . . . scratch my back, as the mortals say, I will scratch yours."
    "All I require is a help from you, and I will act in return."
    "Well. . . what do you say?"
    Chern hunches before Su'ule, glaring up at her with the coldness of a spider.

"I admit that I have wronged your people with the bot fly plague. I owe them restitution for my impulsive harshness. But to you, I owe nothing. You seek constantly to break the world with your recklessness. You think of my curse upon the changelings as 'wanton destruction'? I shudder to think how much wanton destruction they'd have wreaked, had they been allowed to spread unchecked. No, I owe you nothing, goddess Su'ule. And for as long as you continue to spawn chaos and disharmony, I shall remain here to resist you on behalf of the delicate cycles of order. I have done much that I regret, but this resolution is not among them."

The space around them rushes, until a far off view of the Gnaw Greenlands sits below Chern.

"I'm watching you Su'ule...

Spoiler: Secondary Action!
    Show
    Scry a state-sized area (10 AP)

Chern will scry the Gnaw Greenlands.
    Last edited by Garjel_blah; 2020-04-23 at 06:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Garjel_blah View Post
    Chern hunches before Su'ule, glaring up at her with the coldness of a spider.

"I admit that I have wronged your people with the bot fly plague. I owe them restitution for my impulsive harshness. But to you, I owe nothing. You seek constantly to break the world with your recklessness. You think of my curse upon the changelings as 'wanton destruction'? I shudder to think how much wanton destruction they'd have wreaked, had they been allowed to spread unchecked. No, I owe you nothing, goddess Su'ule. And for as long as you continue to spawn chaos and disharmony, I shall remain here to resist you on behalf of the delicate cycles of order. I have done much that I regret, but this resolution is not among them."

The space around them rushes, until a far off view of the Gnaw Greenlands sits below Chern.

"I'm watching you Su'ule...

Spoiler: Secondary Action!
    Show
    Scry a country-sized area (10 AP)

Chern will scry the Gnaw Greenlands.
    "The sheer impudence of your self-righteous cruelty has been noted." Su'ule responds.
    "You can only guess what I'm going to do."

Spoiler
    Show

-12 Scry a Country sized area : Boa Jungle/parts of Chernway

Cha'ad
    Help:
    Chad, or, as the West calls him, "Cha'ad", would be the recipient of gifts from Su'ule herself, despite Chern's insulting and cruel attitude.
    Spoiler
    Show

+ 2 Sorcery : Chad would be fascinated in Su Sorcery, and study as much as he could to learn. He could never become a Su Speaker but ironically he could possibly match one in power through honing his skills and knowledge. He can still eventually learn all the Nine Schools of Magic, but he is restricted to the spells of the Nine Schools.
    + 2 Monsters : Cha'ad would also have the power to transform into monsters at an appropriate level of power at will, once he had studied them enough. He would also come with a loving attitude and respect towards them.
    + 1 Metamorphosis : Cha'ad would be fascinated with all the creatures of Su'ule and seek to compile massive amounts of information about them. Once he compiles enough information, he could transform into them.
    + 1 Birth : Cha'ad would have the power to sculpt his own monsters, though they would generally be uncursed pets, rather than intelligent creatures. He would also come to love anything he could create this way, and could only have one at a time.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-04-23 at 12:37 PM.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel lay in her bathtub glad about her work with the beastfolk. What a beautiful and handsome race she made. She held a mirror in front of herself as she brushed her teeth. Why... The Foxfolk were practically more fox than her now. Though perhaps that would change by next age. Those humans always did have such an active imagination. Who knows what they'd view her as next.

Hmm, Speaking of which... Chern... Chern, Chern, Chern. Animating a buff version of yourself is not a good look. Just get a therapist, man. Or at least talk to an actual person. Alatadriel spat out into a cup. Well, that was no reason to punish that poor child.
    Show

+2 Fire Chad has a spark of fire in his soul causing him to be unbound to his creator. Chad will not feel the same compassion and connection to their godly parents as the other demigods do. Seeing Chern, only as his creator and not his father. Seeing himself not as the visage of his creator, but as his own more impressive man, who shall create his own meaning in his life without the gods. Like that of the fabled Ubermensch.
    +2 Civil Engineering, One would think it would be hard for Davy to give engineering lessons to Chad due to confusing so many people for Chern. However, Chad is so strong and handsome compared to Chern that he actually confuses them less than he would a normal human. So he is able to rather freely teach him about pipes, aqueducts, and roads

Alatadriel had some trouble with the Yithal. They were so unbound by the needs of mortals that it was hard to formulate what blessings she would give them. After some minor work, she handed this off to her children.
    Show

+1 Fertility, The Yithal's pregnancies will in almost all cases happen with little problems or difficulty.
    +2 Civil Engineering, The Gigantic Automaton imbues some of his power of civil engineering which allows the Yithal to cut paths or roads through The Passing and it's ever-shifting landscape so that they may access parts of it more easily. These will fade with time as well.
    +2 Willfulness, Rosalin bolsters the willpower of the Yithal and allows them to create objects no larger than a desk to become real instead of an illusion. It takes a great deal of willpower to do so, but upon completing their task, the object is as real as any other substance in the world, however,
    -2 Mundane, The object may only be something that is a non-magical substance that has been made before.

Ah... The Owl Faith were moving out of her territory. Honestly, it was about time. She didn't like the Raven Queen's followers, but she didn't hinder her march on the Desert tribes. She will offer some help in return for this favor.
    Show

+2 Fire, Any forest fires in the Owl Faith's new home will find themselves subtly diverted away from the most populated areas.

... Why were so many helping Levithan? Nope, nope, this won't do at all.

Spoiler: hinder
    Show

-2 Fire, The flames of Flame Dancers while unable to kill the creature (If the creature becomes immortal) will still inflict unimaginable pain upon the monster. Especially the flames of a Master.
    -2 Foxes, Foxes, and hua-ling will have a supernatural way to sense Levithan coming at all times and will have an intense desire to warn others of the incoming beast. This applies particularly to when they're at sea with other sailors. As is common on Empire ships.
    -1 Fertility, Levithan can't **** anymore.
    -1 Bees, The one creature able to bypass Levithan's immortality (If Levithan becomes immortal) is that of the tiny bee's stinger. To which he is deathly allergic too.
    -2 Civil Engineering, Walls, and structures made to protect against Levithan will be bolstered with the hope of the souled races that create it. Strengthening these structures against his blows.
    Last edited by Demonjazz; 2020-04-24 at 01:12 PM.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Davanda, Valrion, Other Additions - Holy High - New Joys:

Davanda was very relieved to be away from the crowds, Valrion smirking as they appeared back on the balcony they had their morning "I am so proud of you Davanda! Oooh I love you so much!" they said with genuine pride and affection, hugging her tight. Davanda herself now getting a bit of a smirk now that she was alone with Valrion who looked so happy it reached their eyes; it was nice to see her mother happy, though her new title of Arch-Wizard (which was a surprise!) came close.

As they were hugging Davanda felt something move around, in her robes?! With a little yelp she jumped back from Valrion as a small feline creature jumped out of her pocket and more slowly than one would expected landed on the balcony.

Spoiler: Help Petr! Mon'Dai'Ami and... something else.
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

(+2 Giant, +2 Harmony)

These Mon'Dai hatch from the pearls other Mon'Dai use to form themselves, emerging and rapidly growing when the right circumstances are presented to the pearls; which is deep parental love and childish joy in seeing their parent(s) happy. Typically it will not hatch in a single display of such emotions, but overtime if the pearl is kept in a happy household it is sure to happen.

The Ami look like cats with wings, hatching at the size of a 3-5 week old kitten but rapidly growing in size and strength to where they can fly with their wings at around two months of age and are fully grown after a year (if you include their wing-span, they are easily the largest Mon'Dai). They come in a wide range of colors depending on the family that hatched them, and typically look like the kind of felines that are in the area (even tiny tigers if that's the most common cat around).

Ami almost always attach themselves to the youngest member of a household (or at least the youngest member around when they themselves are growing up), forming bonds with innocent minds far easier than with elders or those who they deem to have done wrong. Sometimes however an Ami in a particularly happy household will instead be bound to the location, being passed down generation to generation so long as the place stays a home for a good family.

While they act incredibly relaxed and soft most of the time, an adult Ami will have supernaturally keen judge of character, and keep a level of awareness that they're demeanor normally masks. They are not great fighters though, normally only able to make thin scratches that daze the mind of those they hit. They do however carry a similar aura of peace that the pearls they hatched from produce, making violence harder to commit near them. A group of Ami can make where they frequent quite peaceful (if such a gathering could occur).

However when a great unbearable tragedy arrives, or worse the love of the family is lost or twisted...

(-2 Family) Myr'Prod are made by the crying and betrayed Ami, unable to withstand such a betrayal to everything they are.

Spoiler
    Show

Enraged, feeling betrayed to the core, the Myr'Prod are incredibly wicked creatures even by Myr standards that want to make everyone else feel just as wronged as they are, as the world is to them. Unlike most Myr, the Myr'Prod is tied to no location or person, but instead wanders and plans wicked deeds to cause massive amounts of woe. Only the utter breaking of a person makes them happy, only when hope is lost and a individual realizes this will the Myr'Prod truly smile wickedly as they torture the victims more.

They are gifted in any supernatural arts, be it magic, paths, or anything else that'll come after. Though they still lack physical strength or endurance just the same as when they were the Ami, their claws now cause deep pain to the psyche. They can change shape (but must stay around cat size) and typically do so to dodge attacks. The only real disadvantage they hold over other Myr in terms of causing woe is that they have no means of reforming after destruction.

To appease a Myr'Prod is no easy task, for their faith in the world and people has to be restored. A task most would simply not be willing to go through for such an evil creature. However, if the children that grew up with the Myr'Prod still live they may be the ones that can most easily appease them, though it's a heart wrenching affair filled with danger.

"Mew?" Said the little creature looking at Davanda and Valrion, almost as confused as they were that it was there. Valrion had a 'what?' sort of look on their face, while Davanda immediately squealed in joy.

"Oh above oh above it is adorable! Mother!" Davanda said while kneeling down and extending her hand to let the cat smell her, only then really noticing it had little wings. It approved of Davanda, rubbing it's head against her hand. "Can we keep it?"

"Where did it come from?" Asked Valrion, staring down at the thing while Davanda was focused on ooo-ing and aww-ing at it's whiteish-pink fur. It did not feel hostile to Valrion. Still, winged cats coming from nowhere was disconcerting.

"I don't know, it came out of my pocket..." said Davanda rummaging around her robes, feeling around till she felt something oddly sharp. Pulling out the objects, they were two halves of a pearl that seemed to be cut not at the center but all the way through. Davanda looked down at the little creature "Did you come out of one of the pearls Mr. Nerassus gave me?" It's innocent stare and rub on her legged did nothing to answer her question, but it was adorable.

Valrion gave a bit of a sigh "That is a good hypothesis. If that is the case, we'll have to be careful with them in case there are others like this one that appear."

Davanda, and the cat, looked up at Valrion as she asked "I can keep them right?"

Valrion finally gave a bit of a smile at the childish display. "Yes, you can keep it. Make sure it grows up nice and strong."

With the addition of this adorable creature, this was just about the best day ever for Davanda.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-26 at 12:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Ymon-Thal, the Passing

"Ooh, animal people! We should make animal people too!"

"Yes, let us waste our limited time and power on animal people."

"But they're so cute and funny! We need to make something with precious little paws! And it could make Alatadralatalatralalaltiel like us more!"

Thal opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by Ymon-Desha. "The Yith, what's left of them, could use some help protect the jungle."

"At least that is a cohesive argument." Thal sighed. "Very well."

Spoiler: Help for Alatadriel
    Show
    Ymon-Thal aids Alatadriel in giving life (+ 2 Life) to the beastfolk and adds a new kind.

The Monkeyfolk of the Boa Jungle: At first glance, it's easy to mistake a member of the Monkeyfolk for one of the Squirrel Monkeys common in the Boa Jungle. Although much larger than their animal counterparts a member of the Monkeyfolk is much smaller than an adult human, about the height of a prepubescent child and with little obvious muscle. Much of their bodies is covered in fur, though how much varies from person to person, some are covered almost completely while others only have it on their head and back.

Their dark eyes seem absurdly large on their small heads and their ears, fingers and toes are also proportionally much bigger than a human's. Speaking of the toes, those are almost as agile as their fingers which combined with their tails, surprising strength and near-perfect balance (+ 1 Balance) make them almost peerless as climbers and acrobats.

Amongst themselves the Monkeyfolk are generally very social and frequently live together in large groups, but they are often wary of outsiders and when they have to interact with them — whether as friends or enemies — they usually stay hidden and observe for hours before approaching or attacking.

Total bonus:
    + 3

Spoiler: Picture of a Squirrel Monkey
    Show

The Monkeyfolk looks like a anthropomorphic (and much larger) version of one of these.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2020-04-26 at 10:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

Inyoni, The Great Migration, Orcishtal Mountains

The Great Migration set off in late summer. It was not necessarily the ideal time to travel, but Inyoni sensed that they could not afford to wait until next spring. The Empire seemed resigned to losing a portion of their subjects at the present time, but minds could be easily changed. So the Owl Folk began their journey into the mountains, guided by migratory birds as they began to head south in anticipation of the coming colder months.

One evening, the group which Inyoni led stopped in a sheltered valley. There was fresh water, ample firewood and even a few deer to hunt, so it was decided that they would rest there for several days to regain their strength. A roaring fire was built up and soon Inyoni and Kismet found themselves guarding it while the others went off to hunt. If she listened carefully, Inyoni could hear the small spirit muttering as he prodded the fire with a long stick.

"Are all Dustborn like you?" Inyoni asked after a pause.

"No, I'm something of a rarity," Kismet said, chuckling. "Most Dustborn can't stand mortals. It's part of the job description."

"Why are you different, then?"

"Well, at first, I wasn't. I had a nice, quiet patch in south Kabweland on the edge of a small forest. Then, a family of humans moved in." Kismet paused, wiggling his toes in thought. "I did the usual tricks to try to make them move along. Putting holly leaves on their chairs. Setting fire to their roof. But these humans wouldn't give in. They were a stubborn lot."

"We can be like that," Inyoni agreed.

"The youngest girl, she had this beautiful dog with long, golden fur. She would spend so much time playing with this dog, grooming the dog, just... being with it. Then one day, the dog ate something it shouldn't have and it died." Kismet saw Inyoni's look. "Hey, I didn't have anything to do with it. Anyway, there were tears running down the girl's cheeks, but they weren't just sad tears. They were tears of happiness, too. Both at the same time. I couldn't stop watching. I knew then that I had to know what it was like to feel things like that, so I went to find Avestra and we made a deal. Also, I nearly burned down Sunset Forest, but that's another story."

"What was the deal?"

"I would help her with her plans," Kismet said, yawning. "In return, she's going teach me how feel like you mortals do. Once I'm done helping you."

"Well," Inyoni said, turning over, "I think you're most of the way there already."

"Really?" Kismet exclaimed. Inyoni nodded. She might not be able to see the little imp, but she was certain he had a big smile on his face.

~

Avestra, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay

Avestra had returned to roost on her familiar perch, when she felt a ripple through reality. It seemed that Alatadriel was creating a new race to protect the wilds. It was not what Avestra would have expected of the Fox, but she was willing to accept any ally in the fight for nature.

"One to protect the new homeland of my people. One to protect the land least tainted by the greed of mortals."

Spoiler: Help!
    Show
    Assist Alatadriel to create beastfolk with the following:

+2 Birds and +1 Sky - the Ravenfolk of Kanweland. Sworn to protect their homeland from ecological devastation and any other threats, once a year, tribes from across the land will offer volunteers to take part in a contest to determine who has the greatest warriors. Out of the contenders, the ten most accomplished young men or women will be inducted into the Ravenfolk. The Ravenfolk are nearly entirely covered in black feathers, complete with a full beak and avian eyes. They are bipedal, however, and under their wings, possess claws which can be used to manipulate tools. Like the beefolk, they are capable of flight, though given their weight, anything more than a short burst is difficult to maintain.

+2 Nature and +1 Reproduction - the Antfolk of the Stricken Lands, commonly known as the valma. These giant insects are found in underground colonies across the Stricken Lands, particularly in the more barren east of the continent. Their appearance varies greatly among caste, but all valma are meticulous in their care for the local environment. Uniquely among the beastfolk, queen valma are capable of producing sterile offspring to act as their servants and guardians. To create more queens, however, they must induce another individual of the Homo genus to ingest their bodily fluids like any other beastfolk. For further information about the valma castes, see below.

Spoiler: Valma castes
    Show

Valma society is arranged in strict castes, all of whom are hatched from the eggs of a single queen of the colony. From top to bottom:

Queen caste - Formerly a human, Neanderthal or pygmy who has ingested the "royal jelly" of a valma queen, the individual in question will find themselves spouting wings, antenna and chitin over parts of their body including the middle of their torso and back, their forearms and thighs. Once this has occurred. the new queen (who may be male or female in actuality) will usually spend some time with their progenitor, learning the ways of the valma, before taking off to found a new colony.

Once a perfect underground locale has been found, the queen will undergo a second, much slower transformation. They shed their wings, their lower body swells enormously and they will soon become unable to move by themselves, only able to be fed by their newly hatched underlings. They will most often spend the rest of their life in this single spot, laying eggs and directing the colony around them. Queen valma can live for over a hundred and fifty years and often become a great repository of knowledge in time.

Priest caste - A small number of grubs are birthed separately from the workers and soldiers each year, these become the priest caste. The priests are the administrators of the valma, with an intelligence equalling that of a human in most respects, they organise the workers and lead the soldiers into battle. Like all castes below a queen, they closely resemble a giant ant, except that their front two legs are adapted as small pincers which can used to clutch tools or weapons. The priest caste are intermediate in size between workers and soldiers, but live much longer than the other lower castes, typically reaching fifty or sixty.

Soldier caste - Twice the size of the workers, approximately ten percent of a colony's population are given over to soldiers. These valma will give anything to protect the queen and colony from attack. They have keener tactical minds than the average worker but aren't capable of truly independent thought. If not slain in battle, they can survive up to thirty years.

Worker caste - The majority of the colony are consist of these five foot insects. Sterile and dogmatically loyal to their queen, they spend their lives building new burrows, collecting food and tending to the upper castes. They are intelligent enough to carry a conversation but the written word is beyond them, as are most abstract ideas. They generally live fifteen to twenty years at most.

Underling caste - The lowest caste, these valma originate from worker grubs who failed to achieve a sufficient size or strength to carry out strenuous tasks. They gather small pieces of food and carry out menial labour for the colony. They tend to have very short lives.
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-04-26 at 05:00 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Twilight Archipelago

Thalia was meditating, working on her ability to sense divine actions. She could feel something happening but had to ask Timorin for details. Once the beastfolk were described to her she nodded. “Yes, I think I can feel that. This is getting easier by the day Lord Timorin. This is something that sounds good for us. Should I set out to aid this Lord Timorin?”

Timorin smiles and shrugs. “I did not elevate you in power so that I could rule through you. I chose you so that you may rule in my absence. Use your wisdom and judgement. Go forth and serve our people in the way you feel best. I am not a slaver like Yir.”

---

Hope Thalia went first to Nevra and explained her plans. Though upon hearing of the raven folk, set out immediately for Kanweland. She should have realized how that one would go.

In the meantime she spoke to the Masquerade. After a long conversation they gathered a select few members from throughout the cult.

From the Maddening marsh came Woodrow the thrice Damned. He was the only person ever recorded to have ever survived the roulily on three separate occasions. He had taken to believing he was invincible and took off on his own. He was usually found wrestling alligators and sleeping with beavers but happened to have met up with the Gnawling Tribe and jumped at the opportunity.

From the Tainted Lands there were the Haunted Triplets that lived in the remains of the Shadow’s Haunt. They were a group renowned for their hunting prowess and teamwork.

From Foementor they got Sheldon the Quick, an ironic nickname for one of the oldest living citizens of the city. He had lost his mind a bit and made a habit of laying out by the river.

From the Twilight Archipelago itself they found Lucky the Blind. She was a young woman who after a terrible accident in her youth, lost the ability to see. There is also Podric of the Depths, who was personally responsible for the cult retrieving the corpse of the leviathan.

All present took the oath to protect their environment. Thalia did her best to repeat what Timorin instructed of Ala’s ritual and was concerned when the seven gathered were consumed with flames but relaxed when they all seemed to have survived the transformation unharmed.

Show
    Help

+2 Architecture: Woodrow the Thrice Damned shall be the first of the beaverfolk. They are native to marshlands of the strickenlands and are the best builders of the natural world. Much like their originators, they shall have strong teeth able to chew through most natural materials. They shall focus on making selective changes to the environment to help it flourish. They tend to be toned and agile.

+2 Drama: The Haunted Triplets shall be the first of the hyenafolk. They are native to the grasslands of the tainted lands and are wily tricksters. They focus on using pack tactics and trickery to harass those that intend to harm the environment. They are quick and clever, maintaining a bit more of their human mind when it comes to stirring up trouble.

+2 War: Sheldon the Quick shall be the first of the turtlefolk. They are native to the rivers of Inadriel. They shall serve as stalwart defenders of nature. They are the hardest to harm due to their powerful shells and also live longer than most any other beastfolk. They are not the quickest but they normally win the race through sheer determination and force. They shall use their natural armor in the defense of nature in all its forms. They also have the ability to move through fresh water freely.

+2 Twilight Archipelago: Lucky the Blind shall become the first of the batfolk. They are native to the tropical rainforests of the Twilight Archipelago. They have the ability to fly and use echolocation to make up for their poor eyesight. They are naturally nocturnal and live in the great canopy. They are able to feed on the blood of those they attack. They soar above the humans, defending the rainforest as best they can.

+2 Sacrifice: Podric of the Depths shall become the first Orcafolk. Massive in bulk they are native to the oceans. They are primarily sea creatures though they are able to travel on land for very short distances, they primarily sacrifice their ability to survive outside of the ocean in exchange for their ability to survive the worst the ocean has to offer.

+1 Asylum/-2 Fear: Beastfolk as a whole are the top of the food chain in their natural habitat. Fear and respect shall keep them safe from any natural animal, meaning they have only to fear the aggressions of the sentient species.

+1 Games: Ingrained in beastfolk nature is their desire to make puns related to their species. When you get a group of beastfolk together, it quickly becomes a game of seeing who can throw the most puns into the conversation in as natural a way as possible.

I'm also wondering if my -2 frail should come into effect. Thalia isn't doing anything that would require her being physically strong but she is creating some beefcake orcafolk... so I'll let Tom decide.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

After the Godsmoot

"Well Timorin, why did you need me to stay?

Timorin smiled. "We were going through some ancient relics and the like and realized just how many divivices we still have lying around. We don't need all of them, so we thought since Nestellbalm is always busy, you might want to take theirs for the time being.

"I’ll accept that on his behalf.,” Dulnori paused for a moment. "He really is so busy, in fact, I don’t think I’ve actually seen him this age. I’ll bug the Aeons a bit, they’ll probably know where he is. Thank you Timorin.

Timorin nodded and Thalia placed a fist over her heart. "Long live the Dragon and the Tribe. With the Sun beneath the Horizon and the hoard ever growing." Then she gave a deep bow before Dulnori.

Dulnori shed his sand, appearing as the gambler, and raised his voice for the traditional chant, "Glory to the children of Timorin. Glory to the hope of the world. Glory to those who dance in the masquerade. May our people’s friendship survive forever.” he yelled. "That reminds me, I’ve heard your people are interested in the secrets of flesh. CAT will send some of its results over.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Valrion, An Old Friend - Holy High's Library - Midnight Catch Up:

It was another long night for Valrion, reviewing plans for another project and drafting some of the designs for that ridiculous thing Yir had in store... so much will need to be done to make sure the people are not harmed by what they planned. It was lonely work, a but at least it was lonely work. They'd swear, things got done so much faster without all the micromanaging Them Above did. They got to wear something confortable and less ridiculous than the Graw-armor as well, some nice robes.

Staring down at the papyrus under the light that they produced Valrion was beginning to feel stuck when they heard a familiar voice from the doorway into the room. "Greetings my lady, hope you have not missed me too much."

Valrion looked up eyebrow raised "You look so different, but I'd recognize you anywhere with that armor Ulmor."

Spoiler
    Show

As he strode into the room he gave a half-hearted bow "It is good to see my presence is not so easily forgotten in favor of that youngster, he's a real bad influence on you, you know? What would mother Yir think of you fooling around with wizard boys?" Ulmor said with a wink.

"Hush you" said Valrion flushing a little "How has the university been treating you?" they said changing the subject.

"Hahaha, well enough. It's good to learn to focus on learning once more, even if I know most of the curriculum already, and have to hold my tongue while talking to the professor of enchantment." Ulmor said while sitting down across from Valrion.

"You can do that?" Teased Valrion pointing at him with their brush.

"Indeed I can Val, but by the Scream it's hard sometimes." Ulmor said with some enthusiasm "The other classes have held a truth or two worth keeping so far I've found." they gave a mischievous smile "I've been writing papers like I'm some apprentice! The last time I did that was before we met!"

"Are you calling yourself old Ulmor?"

"You wound me! I'm as sprightly as ever." he said with a chuckle.

Valrion rolled their eyes a little "Oh of course arch-wizard, I've never seen you with a grey beard before, or a large bald spot on top of your head."

"Please don't say something so scandalous my lady, I've got an image to uphold!"

The two just looked at each other for a few moments before laughing.

"Pfff, heheheh." Valrion smiled "It is good to see you again Ulmor, but I doubt you've come here in the middle of the night just to visit me."

Ulmor rubbed the back of his head "Ah you are right there my lady, I have a note from the Eldest here." He pulled out a small letter addressed to Valrion and Davanda from Tu'ul Arn.

"Back in my day, we had our rocks and our flint, and maybe our bronze, if we got fancy. AND WE LIKED IT! Oh well, most esteemed Emperor Valrion, you are hereby invited to the Gnaw Greenland's School Of High Magick. I am the first Su Speaker of the world, and thus I will be the leader of our education system of magic, set in the Northern Lands. I'm sure you know the way, but watch out for the bot flies. Those little buggers are quite creepy. They burrow inside people's bodies and eat them from the inside out. This is a revolutionary form of magic believed to be the future of education in the North."
    Valrion was staring at the page for a while before asking "But what is it? Do you know?"

Ulmor was scratching his chin as he responded "I... don't know really. I think the Monster Mother is trying to gift something like her scream to mortals again, without the limitations the other gods put into place? The only limit would be the Monster Mother's will, and the person's understanding as to what they are changing. Like Yir's solarmancy, but far more dependable."

Valrion was wide-eye'd at hearing that "That's ridiculous, does it not follow the law of mana?"

Ulmor's mouth scrunched up to the side "Ah, yes, that's what I meant by the Monster Mother's will; by her design the practitioners gain access to different levels of power at seemingly arbitrary points of their development. A mix of power and knowledge. While they can manipulate anything to a higher degree than normal sorcery, it seems to be more limited per practitioner in terms of spells known compared to normal Su Sorcery, as well as capability in terms of being able to create magical effects in any given day. Power and versatility may be it's strengths overall, but individuals seem to only have the power half of that equation, though some quirks may appear due to individual casters using say, fire, without the curse of the fox."

Valrion gave a sigh of relief, "Ah, that does indeed sound saner than I was expecting. I will send some aid their way, and I think Davanda was already on her way up north."

"I will inform the Eldest of the good news later. How has little Davanda been?" Asked Ulmor, a topic that brightened Valrion immediately.

"Tehehe! She's become a wizard, an arch-wizard! Oh if you were there..."

Spoiler: Help Su'ule!
    Show
    +2 Giant: Valrion ensures that the practice of High Magic is respected among those in the ICA, and puts the founding work into place that'll allow High Magic to easily integrate with wider society both in the north and abroad in the rest of the ICA.

+2 Harmony: Davanda travels up north to both study the basics and introduce many of the founding principles of High Magic, establishing the Law of Familiar. High Magic practitioners find it far easier to study spells similar to those they already know, be they Su or High Magic in nature. Those that specialize in a certain type of spell also can cast those High Magic spells more often, though not significantly more often. Those that study High Magic to a large enough degree (enough to be a master in one of the Su schools) may use it to substitute a single school of Su Sorcery when becoming a Su Speaker.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-05-12 at 10:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Yir - Above The Landing, Boa Jungle - Till Death Do We Join:

"Pathetic." Came from above down upon the god, not really loud or obtrusive save for the fact that it could not be completely ignored. "You've separated mortal kind enough already, you intend to do so more? Hide those that serve your ends away in your world of broken hopes and dreams? PATHETIC! You are either a lunatic or are consumed with greed! Until you make the barriers between worlds as simple to traverse for those mortals in the real world as your creations can move to and fro your wicked illusion, do I deem my light upon the world of the truly living denied to them! The light I give in the Passing should be more than enough, to lust for more... will strip them of this unfair blessing you've given them."

Spoiler: Hinder!
    Show
    +2 Sun: Those Yithal that leave the Passing and go to the world of the living should be careful, for to feel the sun's light there is painful, as it erases their existence upon the plane. Though the sun's light will never kill the Yithal, within a few minutes (depending on the strength of ego the Yithal has) worth of sun-light they will lose all tangibility upon the world of the living, forever. It is a painful process, and the progress of the curse cannot be undone, though it stops progressing the instant the Yithal is unable to see the sunlight of the world of the living and are no longer under it's light.

This curse will completely disappear if mortals may freely and safely enter and leave the Passing just as the Yithal naturally do with the world of the living (so long as the mortal lives), without emotion draining or other effects to the ego.

Emperor Valrion, Dulnori - The Eternal Arena - Hidden Hopes:

The Eternal Arena laid empty, the crowds that'd fill it's stand long gone till the next Miracle Games. The noise of the city out in the distance. It was a peaceful scene overall.

In a pillar of light that struck the center of the arena came the armored figure of Emperor Valrion, their expression that of mild disgust, though more so of boredom as they surveyed the building. They carried their waraxe with one hand as they extended the other saying "Dulnori of this unhallowed place, I come in the name of the One Above All, show yourself you manipulative worm."

The worm landed atop Valrion’s head, “So you’ve finally decided to show up fire demon, I’m honestly surprised it took you this long. I’m quite saddened that you don’t like my project, I think I built it very well.

Emperor Valrion waved their hand and pronounced “Begone” as Yir’s power was invoked in the form of a pillar of light atop Valrion’s head. “I come to speak of good creations far above the standards of this place. I will indulge your presence and… give you honors, if you hear the message I bring in earnest.” They looked down at their axe, then dropped it. “A sign of... good faith.”

The worm quickly reformed its splattered body on ground level,“The demons always seem to think I want their honors for some reason. As though my honors alone mean anything. Nevertheless, I will hear your message, and accept your tribute as is custom among my people. ” As Dulnori said this the earth beneath the axe opened up and swallowed it.

With a bit of a “humph” as they saw the axe go beneath the sand, only a tiny twinkle in their eyes hinting at anything else crossing their mind. Looking over to the worm emperor Valrion said with a bit less boredom in their voice “That is good, you can at least accept civili-” They cut themselves off, sighed, then continued. “Will Above shall craft their people the first of many perfect lands, raising the existing lands of their people to aid in the task, it shall stand as a testament to everything that is right and good. It’s fields will be fertile, it’s forests lush, it’s mountains full of riches, and it’s rivers never emptying. Yir wishes for you to simply not interfere with it’s large expenditure of power it would be a waste should it fail, as only half of it would return. Yir is willing to hear your concerns on this matter now so that they might be addressed, so that these perfect lands may remain untarnished like…” emperor Valrion got a dark look in their eyes, literally dark as the light left their eyes leaving a space of darkness at their eye level “other creations”.

The worm jumped up and wrapped around Valrion’s hand, squeezing it a little. He said, “ My only concern is the rivers that flow down from the mountains onto our lands. Ensure that new rivers flow in their place, or else I shall have to do that myself. Those are my terms. Anything else?

Emperor Valrion’s eyes lightened up, visible again, only a bit softer than before. “Nothing, Above will do as requested so long as you agree to stay out of the creation of this perfect land, save to help your land endure the changes. Good day then, Dulnori.” And they disappeared in a pillar of light.

Goodbye, rising star.

The axe would resurface in a small chamber underground, flowing with magma.

Spoiler: Help Valrion
    Show

+2 Ambition: Nothing will prevent the people’s ambitions, even continents taking flight. New rivers shall flow where they were lost, so that the people on the ground may continue to use them to advance their industry and facilitate trade and expansion.
    +2 Fortune: The floating continent will subtly regrow parts of its mineral wealth, so it doesn’t just run out quickly.

Emperor Valrion, Timorin, Thalia - On the Edge of War and Understanding:
    ...There will be others here to support you."
    At those words a pillar of light appeared, piercing through the shade in the sky with little care for it's presence. As it touched the ground, the large figure of emperor Valrion stepped forth, wearing their golden god-crafted armor that shone brilliantly even in this place (though notably they lacked their axe). They looked bored and irritated. With a bit of a sigh, emperor Valrion gave a nod to Thalia and said with a voice that was far more respectful than their demeanor "Greetings, Thalia." It took a few moments before they gave a side glance to Timorin, nodding at them.

Thalia bowed before Valrion. Emperor Valrion. It's good to see you. Hope you aren't here to fulfill your promise so soon."

Emperor Valrion gave them a serious stare "Above is still judging you, your addition to the divine power emanating here makes the sacrifices that will be done by these people YOUR responsibility. You walk a fine line, taking so much responsibility at once, for Above can see faults far better than they can see the rest of the world."

After a moment, emperor Valrion sighed and continued "While Above is still furious at the evils of Timorin, they will overlook one of their sins for good deeds, the reason being Above wishes to create the first of many good works; and also wishes the complete lack of your power upon their creation. In return, I may even help in this project of yours."

Timorin smiles. "Ah so good to see we all agree that it's about time Lord of All That is Good and Right With The World did something to qualify as a "good work." It's a shame he still can't manage to see how delightful the equality and lack of enslavement can be."

Thalia shoots Timorin a nervous glance before saying, "I will be honest Emperor Valrion. Perhaps you are right. Maybe I am not up to the task. Timorin seems insistent that a mortal would rule better than a god however so I shall continue doing what is best for my people however. If that means that I stay out of whatever you are up to, it is something I shall gladly do. A sacrifice I will gladly make."

Emperor Valrion raised an eyebrow "I'm sure they'd say the same, Timorin." Then they looked at Thalia, as their eyes literally got darker as the light left where their eyes are "You misunderstand so much. Above and... even me have far more faith in you than any of the other gods to lead mortals. If you wish, you are happily welcomed to visit their creation and speak of it's works and aid in it's making, or do the reverse; however, Yir wishes not to have the divine power of sacrifice touch it's lands or their people. Your existence... is almost a tragedy to Yir. To be given divine power, and such a wicked thing as sacrifice..." They went distant, emperor Valrion gave a smile that mixed with their dark eye-line looked depressing "Oh well, judgement has not been set, things may yet be right."

Looking for the first time towards Timorin the darkness lifted and the smile faded, emperor Valrion just looked bored again "Timorin, I'd rather not stay in these unhallow land much longer, what say you to Above's offer?"

Thalia stands from her bow. "And there is much you don't understand about that which I have power over. I hold true to the value that things should be earned. They should come at a cost. A sacrifice. I will not force that on anyone though."

Timorin shrugged. "I care not what Yir thinks of us. However if he wishes, I can ensure that the evils of sacrifice never touch his new creation, whatever that may be."

Valrion nodded "You do so already, though you know it not..." was all Valrion said to Thalia. As for Timorin, Valrion engulfed themselves in light, their silhouette still visible "Then things will stay at a stand-still, Yir will not touch your creation so long as you stay away from their's." The light completely consumed them and began to fade away "You may think many things of Above and myself, but for myself, I wish so much that everything will be alright for your people. But I have no faith in you Timorin, only her and those that will come.... I'd like to meet them again, someday."

Then they were gone, leaving the pair behind.

Spoiler: Help Timorin!
    Show
    +2 Giant: The leaders of the cultist-sects (and the Hope) may teleport to the tops of the Stonethroe Mountains, no matter where they go. This can be used to escape from deadly situations or other problems, but once there they must return home on foot/non-teleportation powers as such teleportation abilities are stripped from them. Those that use this ability gain an affinity for giants, able to speak their tongue and bring back more giant followers than they otherwise could (not majorly, but clearly noticeable). In short, those that choose to undergo this can easily let giants/the parts of giant culture they like sink into the Masquerade.

Emperor Valrion, Chern, and Others - Darius' Studio - Decaying Unease:
    As Chern was mesmerized by the divine level of beauty in front of them, a pillar of light appeared behind them. It was... stuck for a bit in this transitional period as the thing inside had to shrink. Finally, eyes burning with bored frustration, emperor Valrion stepped out into the studio. "Hmph, greetings Chern." they said as they nodded towards the god in a quick motion then gave a respectful nod of the head to Darius. Then raising an eyebrow emperor Valrion continued "Hm, your putting your divine essence into a statue... I remember a similar situation. I think this is the perfect opportunity to discuss something with you, for in the name of the One Above All do I come here today."

Keeping his hand clasped protectively around the statue's leg, Chern turned to watch Valrion warily. Meanwhile, Darius gaped at Valrion. "Who are you?" he asked dumbfounded by the sudden apparition. "Did you... Did you just call him Chern?"

Valrion gave a nod to the affirmative. "Of course, why should I not? His divine influence is simple to see here, it echoes across the world as they pour their strength into the task of making divinity. Has be fooled you? Has he lied to you? That... makes sense, for he is a coward, even though..." Looking at the statue "he really should not be."

"I apologise Darius," said Chern, "I did not wish to complicate things. What do you want Valrion?"

Valrion stepped forward, their eyes softening a little "For history to not repeat itself." They pointed to the statue. "Above has sent me to set things right, you have wronged them twice and something must be done. However... I can make it so that it need not be unpleasant, indeed, you may yet change things with good deeds. Just as you work on creating the perfect being in your eyes here, so is Above about to begin their own works. For the blessed land that shines above shall come. Please, help in such an endeavor, and all ill-will will be forgotten and your creation will be blessed."

Chern protective stance faltered, his grip shifting to the ankle. He struggled to meet Valrion's eye. "I have not been perfect. You, or perhaps the man you control, I have wronged especially. I feared for the prosperity of your people, but that was a long time ago. Since then I have proved just as much a villain to them as you have, if not more." Chern's hand slid up, reaching for the statue's knee. "This statue, this Chad that Darius created as my likeness, reminds me of the ways I have strayed from my ideals. In that spirit, I agree to your proposition. All ill-will forgotten, reciprocally."

"Hmm" said Valrion with a hint of surprise, their gaze becoming more bored while they gained a happy smile. "That is good. Then it is set, powers combined, by Above is this new form blessed in design. By you, decaying form, is Above given aid to make wrongs set right."
    Emperor Valrion departed with one last nod of respect in a pillar of light.

Spoiler: Help Chern!
    Show
    In return for Chern helping to create the continent.
    +2 Sun: Chad will gleam in the sun brilliantly, so much so that under a clear day they can channel the light into a hot beam that can burn or even cut through objects depending on how focused he makes it.
    +2 Majesty: Chad has a big ego, it cannot be tempered or interacted with by even the gods save through AP actions. It does have the side effect of being... stubborn, as befits a demi-god of determination.
    +1 Perfection: The mortal imperfections in the making of Chad are erased, it's form is perfected like a 2ad ranked perfectionist. If Chad's opinion of a perfect form changes, it'll change, otherwise it'll never change form.

Valrion, Inyoni, Kismet, Avestra - Kanto Desert - Radiant Guidance:

As the divine power first started to emanate from the desert, a pillar of light fell near it's source, near Inyoni. Stepping out of the light was the tall armored figure of Valrion, their eyes full of irritated boredom. Though for the blind prophet, the only thing noticeable about Valrion (other than the size of their foot steps) would be the [insert sent smell] that emanated from them.

Looking around, annoyed at the lack of the goddess, Valrion sighed. "Little ones, I come in the name of the One Above All, Yir. The power of the Soaring Lady is here, where is she?"

"Here and everywhere," Inyoni said evenly. "Why do you seek the Divine Owl?"

Valrion was clearly unamused, it leaking into their voice Do not let fanaticism cloud reason little one, the Soaring Lady is a god, their power can only manifest in a form where they can both speak and collect information to a limit capacity. I am looking for this avatar. In the name of the One Above All do I come to speak with her on matters of divine influence."

"Perhaps Kismet can help you then, I believe he knows our gracious deity better than I do." Inyoni gestured to an imp-like figure with green eyes beside her, who regarded Valrion with an inscrutable expression.

"Climb the mountain behind you," he said, pointing a stubby finger towards Eaglebeak Rock. "Perhaps at the summit, you will find what you seek."

"Perhaps..." said Valrion distantly. After a tense moment Valrion stated awkwardly towards Inyoni "Thanks. I see you have imperfect eyes, might you wish for me to heal you?"

"No, they're fine like..." Kismet started to reply, before Inyoni cut him off.

"I think he speaking to me," she said, her lips twitching into a smile. She turned her head up to Valrion once more. "You may try, but I have known nothing else my whole life."

Valrion nodded "If you are indeed innately flawed, then you are probably right that my touch cannot heal you. Yet I will try nonetheless, it should be of some minor aid." Valrion gently touched Inyoni on the side of her face with the tip of their finger. It felt like a cold purifying icey wave spread from that spot across her entire form, removing scrapes and bruises, lessening scars and making joints move more freely. But, just as Inyoni had predicted, it did nothing for her eyes.

"Hmph. Disappointing, good day little ones." Was all Valrion said before disappearing in a pillar of light to the top of the mountain that Kismet pointed towards.

Appearing at the top of the summit, Valrion stepped onto the top of the mountain with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on their face. "I wonder, have you been stalking that girl Avestra? Guiding her movements? Heh, feels familiar. Will you show yourself to me here?"

"With a little help from that amulet of hers," Avestra said, her falcon avatar congealing from the mist around them. "My servant said you were seeking me?"

Valrion looked at Avestra for a bit, thinking about something. "Indeed, the Pure Lord of All has given the task of communicating with you on the matter of their perfect land. In short, you are not to negatively impact it's construction as it goes above all all others. In return" Valrion had a silent yawn "there will be a large reserve there for nature and" looking down at Inyoni and the other mortals "they shall be blessed in their journey."

"Your offer seems fair," Avestra said, tilting her head. "What will become the lands or sea beneath the floating continent? Will they be deprived of light?"

Valroin gave a huff of a laugh. "Of course not, Light Above would never deprive the world of it's light. Light shall still be there by design of Above." They gave a more hearty chuckle. "Tis good that you decided this path. By the power invested in me by Above, do I grant those mortals you seek to guide the perfect judgement of above, the majesty of nobility, and hearts that will stay united."

Spoiler: Help Avestra!
    Show
    +2 Sun: The Owl Folk of the empire are guided along the paths they travel by the light of the sun, it's gleam and heat seeming to always be where the owl folk need to go even when the sun's position would make it impossible for it to appear there. As long as it's day, this blessing will be in affect till the end of the journey.

+2 Majesty: The people of the Empire will respect those owl folk leaving the empire as much as middle-ranked nobles (not the low-level crappy ones). Soldiers will refuse to arrest them, officers will let them pass with a warning to not return, and sometimes common-folk will aid them. This blessing will only last two years and so long as the owl folk is leaving the Empire for Kabwean.

+1 Symbiosis: The people who live in the Kabwean my live far apart, but they hold connections longer than most would under similar situations. Language takes longer to drift, peace deals are remembered longer, and it's harder for the people there to see themselves as different from one another (this only makes them resistant to such things, does not stop such developments).

Valrion looked to the side then back at the misty hawk that was Avestra. Tentatively they began to speak "I can only move swiftly in the light of day, and I may need to move under shadow in the future; I have only a small amount of power I hold personally, but might I be able to offer it as payment for aid in getting to where I need to in the future? Even in shadows do you move swiftly."

Avestra looked at Valrion, meeting his gaze.
    "I understand and accept your offer."

Valrion nodded "Then by MY power, are these people given the strength of those under my care when in direst need."

Spoiler: Valrion Help's Avestra!
    Show
    +2 Giant: When the owl folk of the Kabwean school are under attack or otherwise in dire need of strength, they may once gain the power of two or three men. After using this power it is gone forever, only seen once per Kabwean.

"Goodbye Avestra." was all Valrion said before they disappeared in a pillar of light.

Valrion, Petr, and Others Nearby - The Moonpool - Future Mist:

As the sun fell across the horizon and the golden light of dusk covered Sanctuary a pillar of light appeared above the moonpool, it lingered for a moment before revealing the gigantic armored figure of Valrion, the only sign if was the same person from before being their revealed face. It looked bored and irritated to be here, wholly unlike their demeanor before.

Speaking down they said as if droning off a list "Ocean Below, I come in the name of the One Above All, Yir."

The late evening has the moonpool almost completely devoid of mortals. There are only a few mortals on one of the beaches, where they try to capture their god hard at work. Petr themselves float in the middle of the pool, caressing the massive pearl to coax out lesser pearls, examine them, and then either drop them into the pool, or fling them onto the beach. They do not look up to acknowledge Valrion as he appears, but for a moment the moonpool glows with a faint silver light as the Mon'Dai of the lake swim up to the surface to watch and greet the demigod.

"Welcome Yir. To what do I owe this slivver of your attention?"

Valrion did not seem irritated in the least being called Yir, just pained. "Yir intends to craft a new perfect land, and wishes you to not use your divine influence over it to harm it or the people there."

"Oh does he not? So he wants to craft a perfect land, and he wants me to... what, not interact with it at all?" Petr gathers up one pearl, much larger than the others. Holding it close, they turn to hover upwards on a spout of water, so as to meet Valrion at equal height. Some of the 'Van follow her, springing out from the spout to crawl over the god and look curiously at the beautiful demigod. "I'll need more information then, on what exactly he desires. As I understood things, the peaks of Stonesthroe were already the land for his blessed."

Valrion looked to the side for a second as if thinking before looking back at the god. "Then you've misunderstood everything about Yir's blessed lands. The peaks of the Stonethroe are not places to live, they are places that one has to brave harsh peril to show devotion as even sugrandi find it hard to reach such heights; but most of all it serves a similar function this pool does for this land, to give eyes to Yir and let them guard more easily those that look up to them for protection." Valrion gave a bit of a sigh "Yir intends to make something different, a new land that is blessed for inhabitance. The old will be given ascension, and the new will be formed. An example of what they wish for all the lands to be."

Petr looks over the pearl in their hands as they listen to Valrion. The moment they mention "ascension" though, they perk up and peer curiously at Valrion. "The old? As in, the old land? In honesty, I am surprised to hear that Yir would think to create a land benevolent for mortalkind. More so, I am uncertain what you mean by "ascension". You plan to create better plateaus more suitable for mortal habitation? And you say 'tis an example of what they wish for all the lands to be. How will these lands be different than the great variety of biospheres this planet already has?"
    "Two things make this land stand out from all the others. The first would be that it floats among the skies, and the second would be that it is indeed crafted for mortals. Above is uncertain how much thought you put into every tree, every hill, every river upon this island, but I believe you understand that Yir intends for everything to be perfect. You can understand such intentions, to protect those close to you and give them a better tomorrow." Valrion gave a glance down before continuing. "The ascension of the land will not disturb the sea level, if that is a concern for you."

"You're raising land? Actual land out of the ground to float in the sky?!" Petr stares blankly at Valrion for a moment. "When?! How much? It won't affect the sea level? You're not touching the coastlines at all?"

Valrion's expression changed a bit, concern touched the corners of their face. "I do not know when myself, just that it will be soon. The lands that'll ascend will be those under Above or no-god's rule on Axia, and indeed it will take the coastlines of those places to put them along new seas and rivers so as to not disturb the mortals way of life. Yir intends to create more water to fill the space they take the land from, if I understand their intentions well enough." They side glanced at that statement.

Petr pinches their forehead, frowning in thought. "More like correctly predicting that I'd have to step up to keep the damage from being too great. I am the ocean. I know the seas and the coasts. I... hrmf. I'll have to protect the coastline, both that left behind, and the lifeforms when the land begins to ascend. There will be a lot of unsouled creatures displaced by this mess. I'll shield the lands left behind from tidal waves and ... and that is a large chunk of Axia. How high is this land going to float? What of the life in the shadow? The moon is merely a mirror, but even the light of a mirror is preferable to no light at all for the beasts of the land."

Valrion gave a bit of a knowing smile, though it did not reach their eyes. "Above would never deprive the people below of their light, it shall still be there for them even under this new land. It should be some distance away from below, but not too high that the tops of the remaining peaks of Stonethroe could not reach with the aid of a great bridge. I doubt that anyone besides those that travel directly below the new land would be unable to see the moon, yet even at night there will be light there for them."

Tension drains from Petr's face, and they nod slowly. "That is good. In the deepest depths of the ocean, life persists without ever knowing any light. But it is weak and feeble compared to that which we create in unison. Hrm. So the new ground level will be at about the height of the Stonethroe peaks? Hrm. That could be problematic. But I assume that Yir is accounting for changes in pressure and temperature and such. And if he won't, I expect you to do so... hrmf. I guess there's no more details to discuss in this. So let me instead reiterate my initial question. What is it, exactly, that you wish of me?"

Valrion looked to the side again "Ah, forgive my words, I meant that you could reach the continent from the peaks, the bottom of the continent. Though with the glowloam tunnels that already spread through the depths of the lands and the will of Yir, I assume finding one's way to the surface should be relatively easy. As to what Yir wishes, they wish for you to simply not harm the people there or their project, something I assumed you would do already but wished to confer with you beforehand Yir takes action."

"That's even taller..." Petr frowns. "More importantly. You are asking me to "do no harm" from the same individual who, when I provided fresh-water for a city he desired, decried me a hostile enemy to his people." Petr frowns. "You want me to do "no harm" to him or his project? Very well, I shan't. In fact, I shall do absolutely nothing for him and his project. My attention shall be focused on the world below. On the life displaced, on the shrines and villages turned islands. On the motion and the volume of the ocean."

Valrion gave a nod, communicating agreement of a sort that they could not with words. "Goodbye then, Petr. May we meet again under a good dawn." was all they said before leaving in a pillar of light.

Valrion appeared next to a garden hanger upon Holy High, it was a sour dawn, though Valrion was not focused on that. They were looking at the little fountain in the center of the garden. It had a little figure of Petr on it’s top, Valrion smiled looking at it as they went under the shade.

“Good can be done.”

Valrion and Others - Outside Al-Estria - Unfamiliar Second Meeting:

(The New Moon)

Almost as a complete parallel to just a short while ago, Valrion began their walk towards the people of Al-Ertria. They wore light-blue robes that made them almost unrecognizable, the lack of armor making them look far less intimidating. In their hand was a stick with the end covered in glowloam, making it a torch of a sort, which they used to navigate the darkness. On their waste was a wooden box that was tied to their robes.
    They were not rushing, they did not shout their arrival. Valrion only had a smile on their face to announce their arrival.

There was a single table outside the walls of the town of Al-Farabi. As Valrion approached, so did Rosalin clad in her crimson armour. A small retinue of soldiers followed her in very similair armour. "What's got you being so happy?" Rosalin said shouldering a large axe on her pauldron as she approached. She struck a match against her armour, lighting two candles at the table as she sat down. "Don't worry about the boys." She said gesturing to her retinue. "They're just here to observe, and provide security." Rosalin set down her axe with a thud on the ground. She took off her mask and helmet. Revealing her beaten and tattooed face. Still having a couple of bruises on it, but most prominent was her nose that was obviously not set well after one of the many breaks to it. Her dark skin and black tattoos contrasted brightly against the short cut of her bright white hair. She took out a burlap bag from around her waist and set it on the table. "Honeyed nut?"

"Heheheh, it's been too long, I'm just happy to see you. I've... been worried, that things would be worse for you. It's so good to see you've made some allies and done great things." Said Valrion as they sat down, "Oh honey nut, that is sweet of you, yes please." However as Valrion was looking over Rosalin they frowned a bit "Your injured, might you wish for me to heal you?"

"Injured? Oh, yeah. I got a couple of bruises. I usually don't heal any minor injuries. No point in wasting mana on that after all." Rosalin shrugged it off. "Too long? I've never met you before."

Valrion gave a bit of a small frown "It would be no trouble on my part, it takes no mana for me to heal as long as it's in good faith." And looking to the side as if reminiscing about something they said "As to meeting you, we've never had a proper introduction but..." they looked back at Rosalin with a cheeky grin "you were the most ADORABLE baby! When the family got together I was able to sneak in a few moments getting a close look for myself. Heheh, you grew to be so big and strong, I can imagine many a man swooning."
    Valrion did not seem to care about the others watching.

Rosalin looked a bit creeped out by his mention of seeing her as a baby, but she continued."Heh, Orcs and Simorians maybe. Though they tend to be a bit turned off when I punch them in the face. They're a bit handsy for my tastes. Anyway, I don't need healing. They're just bruises. Pain does you good. Reminds you that you're alive."

Valrion themselves was a bit put off at the mention of punching lovers in the face, reminded them a bit too much of Tradano ladies when they got handsy and didn't want to hear a 'no'. "Maybe it's my lack of bruises for so many years, but I think I understand what you mean by that." They were thinking for a moment "But it's always good to ask, since pain... it's experienced differently by so many people."
    Valrion sighed, put a hand to their head as the lead it against the table. "Though I wish we could continue to talk into the night, I doubt your willing to indulge me that much. The first thing I've come to ask is 'what do you want for my people?', honestly I'm hoping the answer is 'friendship' or 'nothing', but I doubt it."

Rosalin sighed. "Listen, I'll be very frank with you. I do not think cohabitation is possible while Yir is still in power. He goes against everything I, and my country holds dear. Induvidality, Cooperation, Diversity. If you cannot give us this than the most I can hope for is that you simply leave us alone. Otherwise war is inveitable. If it is not possible to cause a shift in your religious demographics than we can chart out agreements of a fair war."

Valrion gave a bit of a 'what now?' look as they heard that. "As long as no more acts of war are committed against my people, I am more than willing to have a general no interaction policy. However I feel compelled to ask, have you never seen my people? Or have you only talked to Tradanians? The ICA has rights set to protect the citizens, and is one of the most diverse places in the world considering it's multi-ethnic representation in the legislative decision making by the Court, from Muji folk from the golden coast to the Tumarian Forests Lands past the icy rivers of the Ulonorian Queendom, and the NMR and it's sister states under the guidance of Su'ule only making up a part of the many people you would see in-between."
    Valrion gave a bit of a defeated look. "Of course you have not, you've only seen the wickness of what Yir has done to you and assume that everyone else here is just the same, or that they live lives of slavery under some oppressive system bent on berating and changing everyone around them through force." They reached down towards their belt for the box, putting it on the table, "though if you simply dislike that they can peacefully co-exist with Yir, then the solution may be here. May I cancel noise in the local area for anyone but you and me? I don't mind them watching, or you telling them afterwards what is said so long as what is spoken of is kept a secret from the blessed of Yir. "
    Rosalin looked unmoved by his speech. "I've heard it all before. Do you know what was one of the most common reasons that people joined the Orcs? It's the shame **** that Yir preaches. That they were considered impure in the eyes of their parents, their lovers, the community. Who knows what. If you do not truly believe that others are more pure than you might as well discard Yir and his teachings. For those are what is at the base of them. That some people are to be put above others." The ring on Rosalin's fingers glared a deep maroon. "And what is that cannot be said in the public that must be said to me? My country are no allies to Yir. Do you have reason to believe that there are spies here?"

Valrion looked slightly miffed at the indirect accusation. "Impure? That sort of talk has not been around for quite some time, I wonder who told you that... oh nevermind, it's not important. As to your men, they are almost assuredly not spies, but this is something tremendously important, and dangerous for me to talk about. While the chance of it is slim, Yir may at any time decide to look down upon one of these men to listen to what they have to say, perhaps things they have not said aloud. You are special, not even Yir can see into you, even if they could they refuse to. But... the chance is indeed very slim... I suppose I may trust them as well with this knowledge."

Valrion looked at Rosalin, their eyes betraying their fear of saying this out loud just a bit "I intend to end Yir, very soon. After they weaken themselves in the expenditure of their recent plans to craft a perfect land."

Rosalin's ring became a brighter version of red as she leaned forward in her chair, studying Valrion's face. "You believe yourself true, both in your defenses of Yir and your intent to end him. Are you not prepared to unshackle yourself from the dreams of your dad?" Rosalin leaned backwards, lackadaisically as she continued. "But your plan is doomed to failure. Yir has taken control of your body before, and you have already admitted that he can glimpse into the minds of others. If you truly believe that you can take down the sun than do yourself a favor and tell this plan to those who Yir would least expect. Unless you have come here to parley with my divine mother. She is unlikely to help in your machinations, but she would be glad to end his life after the first strike is thrown."

"I could never trust such a misguided creature, who's arrogance is only eclipsed by Yir. By her wild misgivings she has endangers those I... love..." they seemed hesitant to say that part "but I trust you. You may think it wise to look towards those Yir does not think as enemies for aid, and you are right. But you must know Yir does not consider you an enemy at all, they consider you and your mother at most as an annoyance, if they register your existence at all. Though your mother's recent atrocities has almost enlightened even stubborn Yir, I fear they will take notice soon." With a bit of determination in their eyes "And when they do, that's when I'll strike the first blow all the world will hear. I don't think your mother needs any help from me to harm Yir then but-" they slid the box over "-inside here is something that may help you, if you so choose to aid in the struggle when the time is right. Have whatever Su Speakers or high ranked Astrologers on hand check to make sure it's safe if you do not trust it."

Valrion's eyes were staring off to the side, cold. "You've assuredly heard of my daughter; Graw spread the knowledge so far and wide even godless tribes in the Stricken Lands have heard the tale, if a bit of a warped version of events. It is mostly correct, Yir did indeed try to kill her." They were thinking for a second before looking back at Rosalin "Davanda and her father had been working on a certain project. Based around... transport. Davanda took one of the results of this project with her, but the other should be still in Theshana. If you use the object inside this box, you should be able to arrive there in an instant, a place that resides inside the valley so it should be safe for you. Inside his home there should be a ship that sails the skies, if you wish to strike at Yir, it may give you the means to reach them." Valrion looked tired, looking at Rosalin they gave a weary smile. "Well, do what you will, I just wanted to give you this option. Goodbye, may we meet again under a new dawn." And then Valrion vanished, unnoticeable to all senses as they left.

Rosalin slowly picked up her axe. Her retinue were practically pale white as they heard Valrion. "Are you alright, mistress? Please, forgive, the for-" Rosalin took her axe and slammed it into a table and splintered it in half."Arrogant son of a bachelor. I've broken limbs for people saying less than that about my mother!" Not letting up she took her axe down, again, and again. Her retinue backed up as pieces of wood went flying in their directions. "If it wasn't for that stupid, frickin' diplomatic immunity, and his dumbass powers. I would have thrown down right here! Noble piece of garabage, filth! More fit to clean latrines than he is to rule a country!" She took one of the chairs and smashed it over her knee. "What do you want to do now, Khatun?" One of the retinue bowed. "Our enemy is Yir even if Valrion doesn't know his place." She pounded her fist into the table one more time before she picked up the box. It was chipped and battered but still intact. "Don't allow him in our borders though. And don't allow him to talk to the citizenry."
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-28 at 03:47 AM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Yir - Above All - Ascension of the Promised Land:

Dawn came over the horizon, but it was different on this day. The solarmancers of the continent felt the overwhelming presence of the sun's normally distant majesty. Across the ICA they yelled "A blessing is coming!" Yet none listened, not really.

Yet before noon came upon the holy mountains of Stonethroe, a shining figure appeared above the mountains, so tall was this figure that they could be seen across the continent. It's words echoed across the land to where Yir's will touched, but it did not boom even at it's feet.

"The time has come for the second of Yir's gifts. While they have blessed the flesh of those that walk across the land, it was but the first of their four gifts. On this day, in the name of Yir, does this land become the first to be blessed; a symbol of what shall be gifted to all. A place where man and nature shall be sculpted to suit each other in harmony, a land away from the troubles of the world yet welcoming to all, a place where hardship is not forgotten yet no longer the end of mortal ambition. Now, ascend all ye who hear my voice, see the gifts that Above has to offer, and wait for Harmony to come to and hear if you wish to stay."

There was no sound of cracking or breaking, only a soft rumble for the people of the land and the feeling of being pushed... up (similar to an elevator). Afterwards a light descended upon the land, consuming everything in light for a few moments as it washed over everything, yet after it left things did not seem that different. Other than a few new trees, a bit of rock placement, and river water seeming extra clear most of the land was not radically changed from the perspective of most of the inhabitants unaware of what was happening. To most it just seemed like the land was prettied up some, though those in mines, those living near the Golden Coast, and those living in the Golden Waste saw something different. The miners the caverns seemed to have the minerals appear out of nowhere, to those along the coast the horizon changed, and to those living inside the Golden Waste (and what few parts of the Grey Plains rose as well) saw the sand blossom into a million million grasses as the sand turned to dirt that felt moist.

Something in the air seemed to hold a happy glint as the clouds flew over pass. "Now it is up to you to make sure these gifts are used well. Light bless you all, Light bless the world."

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    Create the Promised Lands!
    58AP - 20 (Influence Continent Sized Area DC 16) = 38 AP left

+2 Majesty, +2 Sun, +1 Perfection: By Yir's command over nature the land to move to their will, raising large portions of the continent up above into the sky. They literally raise the atmosphere with the land, making it a smooth transition.
    -Black outline is the land taken.
    -Orange area is land remade below, forested terrain.
    -The blue Xs are where land bridges connect to the floating continent (most around 1/4 the way up, though the most northern one goes around half-way to the top)

Spoiler
    Show

The underside of the continent is filled covered in small shining spheres, miniature suns that both act as an anchor for the continent and as light source for those down below. They glow brightly during the daytime on the surface, and dim at night looking like stars. Though be careful, they are hot. The place below the continent is devoid of islands, and is covered almost continually by mist but otherwise is calm.

The land that the continent is extracted from is carefully risen into the sky with sea water replacing the land taken (except the orange square later, that is replaced with forested land) and natural underwater creatures being put there gently like they always belong. Besides a small wave, the new coasts don't see any extreme changes besides the new coast line which is placed far enough from existing settlements to not endanger them.

Yir expands the surface of the continent, mostly along the Golden Coast to create the Sea of Stars and the Cloud Forest (a particularly low part of the continent over the sea that is along the cloud line at the surface, lots of hills and cliffs) the latter of which is Avestra's.

Spoiler
    Show

Yet Yir creates a vast amount of new territory as the sides of the continent are gravitationally pulled to the center (though the underside of the continent follows normal gravity rules, something that creatures can sense getting close to the edge). The western and norther side are 80% covered in seas; with the eastern and southern sides being made up of tropical forests and fertile savannas being the majority along the south, with pine woods and great rivers being the majority to the east.

While the lands on the surface have been change somewhat to enhance their natural resources, the lands to the sides of the continent are what Yir truly sculpts to be used by the mortals that live upon the promised land.

+1 Symbiosis: While mortals will thrive upon these lands the mark they leave upon nature will be easier for it to bear. It is a land that rejuvenates at a (slightly) faster rate than normal, and mortals seem to be a little more keen on how to properly cultivate and use the resources of this land.

+2 Giant: As recipients of the first blessing of Yir, this land is a place they will always find a way to flourish in.

+2 Harmony: Davanda wanders the land for a time, guided by the divine power of Yir. She goes to each city, each town, village, hamlet, and even a few homes in the woods. For them, she offers a way off the continent, and even a restoration of their lands. Most simply do not understand what she is saying, since their lands look the same to them, but after explanation she will guide those who wish it off the continent. Most of those that consider the offer simply stay, as life seems exactly the same as before or easier to them.

Those that wish to leave are taken down, those communities that wish to leave have their land's returned to down below along the coastline as to not strand them in the ocean.

+2 Stonethroe: The Stonethroe mountains in Su'ule's land extend up to form strong land bridges far wider than those in the southern lands, with the danger of winter being far less here as the enchanted land protects the travelers going to and from the continent from the weather.

(Yir uses the power invested in them by the Leviathan)

+2 Knowledge: The people of the promised lands learn quickly how to adapt to the new lands upon the continent, with any new (currently mundane) creatures and plants discovered being more easily remembered by the majority of those living on the continent. The life on the continent and the fact it flies just become facts far more quickly than normal.

+2 Mining: The stone of the promised lands is filled with great riches. Iron, tin, coal, magicite, and other mine-able goods are abundant here depending one where one looks. Great things will be made with them large and small.

To Alatadriel: "I see you are creating new life under your blessing, know that if you curse my creation I will have retribution on yours!"

To Nerassus: "My little sparkle, much has been done. If you would aid the people below like sweet Davanda does I would be most pleased."

To Su'ule (From Valrion): "Great Su'ule, while the land-bridges down below give adequate access to this place, I was hoping you may take advantage of this opportunity and expand the whisper inside Theshana so that it's unique magic may exist across the continent."

To Kahar-Djin (From Valrion): "I wished to have convened with the Council before this occurred, but fate has stopped such efforts. I know not for certain how you would feel about such a place as this, but wish that it may at some point please you."
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-28 at 10:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Timorin moans grumpily as he looks at the new flying continent. This is what he meant? There is no way I'm not getting involved with this.

Show

+1 Asylum: The new continent will be a safe haven from illogical weather. Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. Shall not be a problem the way they are on an earthbound continent.
    +2 Drama/+1 Games: Timorin will add a massive amphitheater to the continent, though not as impressive as the eternal arena, it is mighty in size and with a little Mana, has some preset special effect options. Fog, lights, etc. Simple stuff really

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

In a small cabin in the woods of Sanctuary:

"I am tired, soon I'll sleep.
    Clean and warm and full and safe.
    Clothes are folded neat and tidy.
    Brushed my hair and drank my water.
    'Neath the bed are my two shoes
    Now I'll sleep and dream of you."

Nerassus smiles fondly as he leans forward, planting a gentle kiss upon Thera's forehead. The young girl mumbles softly, eyes closed as she begins to drift to sleep. Her Mon'Dai lies curled up on the pillow beside her, it's usual silvery glow dimmed to a barely luminescent aura. Nerassus tugs the blanket up and wraps it tightly about Thera's form, before whispering "Sweet dreams dear." He blows out the candle on Thera's nightstand and slinks out of the room as quietly as he can.

"Is she asleep?" Nani smiles warmly as Nerassus steps into the living room. She lightly scratches the catlike 'Lys resting on her shoulder.

"If not yet, then soon." Nerassus slumps into the only seat big enough for him, sighing softly. "Sorry to drag you all in on the job."

"No worries." Mika grins as she reclines in her own chair. "It's important work that needs be done. Besides. The critters we're getting from these pearls are really helpful." She reaches out to grab a cup of lassi being held up on a platter by a small 'Sol.

Nerassus smiles as he glances to the corner of the room, where ChiChi is sleeping in his bed, wrapped around Nerassus' two Mon'Dai. "Yeah. I do think they'll be good to the world. Anyway, I'm glad you guys decided to join me tonight. I could do with the company."

"Are you still working Lord Nerassus?" Gabriel looks up from the clay tablet in his lap, dropping his carving pen down on the table. "I thought you invited us here to help you relax."

"Yes and yes." Nerassus chuckles softly. "But the food isn't quite ready yet, and I could use some advice on some of my current tasks."

"Well, hit us." Mika sips loudly from her lassi. "First issue?"

"You guys all know the Great Secret of Sanctuary yes?" Nerassus glances about the room, getting quick nods from everyone present. "Well. Think about... that. About the symbols that the dolls are. And I just... okay. I know this is sounding very vague, but I don't really know how I feel about it myself. So." He huffs loudly, closing his eyes to visualize the question in his mind. "What do you do if someone ends up... confused. Viewing the false doll as who they should be, as how they want to be viewed, when it truly is not who they are?"

"I propose a flat palm applied liberally to the back of their head." Mika smirks playfully over her lassi, though she lets out a slight yelp as Sel'uverne does slap the back of her head.

"Do be serious girl. Not that I find the question particularly hard. Any lie, even a lie of self-delusion, should be washed away. It may hurt in the moment, but you yourself always said that lies should be thought of as poison. Better cut it out before it can ruin everything."

"I did say that. And I... am convinced. It's just. Am I missing something? Is it my place to enforce the truth?"

"Yes." Gabriel doesn't look up from his work, continuing to scribble and draw up on his tablet. "Remember back during my days at University? The riddle of power?" Nerassus nods slowly, but Gabriel notices the confusion on the face of several others. "The more powerful you are, the more cruel inaction is. If you know what the situation is, and if you know how to react to it in a way that limits harm, and you have the power to do so. Then the only right thing to do is to act."

Nera exhales deeply and nods, leaning back in his chair as he extends his divine energy outwards.

Spoiler: Hinder: Chern
    Show

-2 Water/-2 Justice: Chad is not Chern, no matter how much Chern wishes it be so. And when in Chad's presence, Chern will be clearly reminded that they are not the same. That Chern is decay. But also that Chern is empathy for the meek, and growth for those who suffer. Likewise, Chad will be made perfectly aware of how his actions change the world around him. For all his striving to be his own self-ideal, the world will always reflect back upon him anyone he trods on to get his goal. He is a part of the whole of the world, and by the will of water, he shall be reminded that he can never stand truly apart from the world and it's people.

Nerassus's concentration is broken by the door to the kitchen slamming open. Two oversized coconut bowls is carted out by Kua'ureva and Dul'Eyera. The savoury smell of shrimp and the sweet smell of pineapple mingle on a bed of brown rice as the meals are put down on the table. "There we go. Fried rice for everyone!" Kua grins widely.

"Shh." Nani glances towards the door. "Not quite so loud please. My daughter's trying to sleep."

"Oh, sorry." Kua lowers his head, sinking into a free chair. "Oh, and for you Lord Nerassus, Due'e is finishing up a seaweed salad for you."

"Thanks. You don't have to wait for me though. Dig in."

The group needn't be asked twice. As soon as Due'e enters the room with Nerassus's food the whole room becomes filled with the soft din of eating and drinking.

---

"Hey. Quick question. Who here would be willing to trade magical skill for animalistic powers and abilities?"

The crowd looks towards Nerassus, heads tilted curiously. "What. You mean like... this?" Kua clenches his left fist. The flesh ripples and twists, transforming into the limb of a bear for a moment, before he relaxes, allowing his hand to return to a normal shape.

"Well. It would be your whole body, and rather permanent at that."

"As fun as it might be to play at being an animal, I struggle to see the appeal of unchangingly being one." Sel folds her hands before her, looking down into the massive bowl of rice. "Even if I weren't at the risk of losing my magical ability. It just seems like a lacking trade-off."

"And you're asking us. So... who is the one that's the cause of all this? You wouldn't ask if one of the divines weren't attempting something again."

"Alatadriel. She wishes to create beastfolk to help protect the natural world."

"Alatadriel? The Fox? The expansionist warlord that has been in a constant struggle with Avestra, the Great Bird. The Fire who constantly has sought to consume of Nature. She wants to "protect nature?" I guess she's the one making sorcery weak too, as yet another snipe at us."

"Oh no. That curse was created by Su'ule, who is absolutely livid because Alatadriel created a curse that killed almost all the pyromancers of the Gnaw Greenlands, and several others who got caught up in the explosion."

"What?!" Several of the Masters all jolt up at once, staring in shock and surprise.

"She seriously did that?"

"I knew she hated mages and pyromancers, but to go that far..."

"All the more reason for us to ensure her secret army doesn't get a foothold here."

"Secret army?"

"Well obviously this has nothing to do with protecting nature. If protecting nature was her goal, she'd begin with, y'know. Not attacking the goddess of Nature itself."

"True. It all does ring kinda hollow."

"And besides. As nice as it may be to live life like an animal, the luxury that ChiChi and the like enjoy is only possible because we work hard to create food and shelter. If anything, this "blessing" would probably make it even harder for us to take care of the nature in Sanctuary."

"Everyone." Nerassus extends his arms and gently presses them downwards, signaling the room to fall quiet. "Please. You'll wake Thera. And I understand your sentiment. Not to worry. I've already been working on a design that'll keep you all sheltered."

Spoiler: Hinder: Alatadriel
    Show

-2Water/-2 Healing: Create the beastfolk vaccine. A simple mixture that causes the one who drinks it to be protected from the transformative effect of the beastfolk.

"Let us talk about something more pleasant. And since we were all speaking about Avestra right now. Did you know that she is leading part of her people on a journey southwards to settle the southern parts of Tria?"

"Oh? Interesting. I did not expect her to spread outwards. But I guess she would eventually get tired of the Fox."

"We should offer them some support."

"Oh, we already are. The University is investing cheap food and other supplies into their journey. Which reminds me. Sel, you... ah, you'll probably have a lot of extra work these coming days."

Spoiler: Help: Avestra
    Show

+2 Justice/+2 Water/+1 Medics: The University will supply the travellers with food, water and healers for the journey, to help them safely reach their destination.

"They're not the only ones with big plans." Mika leans back into her chair as she waves her Mon'Dai away to fetch another cup of lassi. "You guys remember the coronation of Timorin's Hope a while back yeah?"

"Hard to forget." Kua snarks dryly. "You got completely drunk and created an ice-statue of India and the Hope kissing."

"Huh. I don't remember that. They should though. They're a cute couple."

"They're not even a couple."

"But anyway. She's going around, codifying their culture and stuff. Maybe she's angling to take over your domain Nera."

"Hah. Maybe. I certainly wouldn't mind some assistance in that regard. I'm just glad she's not asking me to write up another set of laws for them."

"But you're gonna do that anyway aren't you?"

"... no comment."

Spoiler: Help: Timorin
    Show
    +2 Justice: Timorin's chosen people will be protected by their own natural sense of community. If something bad happens, Nerassus's influence will encourage the people to cooperate in finding the guilty part, while cautioning them to limit their descent into bloodthirsty mobs.
    +2 Moon: As a slight supernatural gift, especially fitting for a people living in constant twilight, Timorin's chosen people will have more acute low-light vision.

The crowd chuckles softly, with Nerassus joining on on the chuckle when suddenly.

To Nerassus: "My little sparkle, much has been done. If you would aid the people below like sweet Davanda does I would be most pleased."
    Nerassus gets a far off look. His eyes glazing over while both his Mon'Dai perk up curiously. And just a few seconds later the entrance door opens wide, a furious Petr standing in the doorway.

"The sheer audacity of it all!"

"Great One?!" Kua leads the other Masters in bowing politely as the god enters.

"Mrm wah?" Nera blinks and looks back at the door. "Oh momma. I just got a message from."

"I know." Petr quickly walks across the floor to Nera, gently cupping his chin, staring down at her son with a frown. "I heard it. And the sheer audacity of his behaviour is shocking even to me."

"Mother?"

Petr looks at the gathered Masters, who all fidget a bit nervously beneath their gaze. The god shakes their head slowly, shifting and solidifying into a proper mortal shape. Olive tan skin. Brown hair. Green eyes. Androgynous features, though still clearly a male. A simple robe. No shoes. A white lily stuck on his head. Peter coughs softly as he inclines his head. "I am sorry dearhearts. I... would only have excuses to offer, and so I can only ask you forgive my outburst."

"Mother, what is going on? Why are you so angry with father?" Nera looks over the crowd, frowning as he rubs his head. "It was a bit much to take it all in at once, but... father is... creating something? A place? The promised land?"

"You can feel it don't you? Yir is extending his effort down. He is tearing up a vast chunk of Axia and causing it to float up and away from the earth."

"Wait. But what about?" Nerassus's gaze flashes with comprehension. "Oh. That's why he asked me to "aid the people below"."

"Hrmf. Yes. Perhaps the one smart thing to do. You would know what needs the mortals left behind have. How they should be shielded and sheltered."

"But why do you say that this behaviour is rude? Of course I'll help the mortals left behind. It's what we do... right?"

"It's not what he said. It's what he didn't say." Peter crosses his arms over his chest, glancing over the crowd of mortals. "Pop quiz. What happens when a massive landmass rises out of water? I'll give you a hint. Think of what happens when you throw a rock in a bond."

"Tidal waves..." Due'e mouths quietly.

"Among many other things yes. He is audacious because he comes to me, demanding I do nothing."

"You can't do nothing!" Mika chimes out loud. "Think of all the coastal villages who would be wiped out by such massive waves?! Think of."

"Indeed. Of course I can't do nothing. But what matters to Yir is him and his glory. He wants me to do nothing to his promised land, relying on how I'll naturally be protecting the world below from the fall-out of these actions. And then, he dares come here and ask Nerassus to fix the mess he made."

"Sounds like one heck of a snub."

"It's... it's okay. I mean. I'm sure father didn't mean it like that."

"Perhaps." Peter glances over at ChiChi. The dog has woken up from all the excitement and is now stretching out on his bed, yawning and gazing curiously at the god. "But I find it a prime example of how little others truly matter to him. You'll help him with the world below. Of course you will. Because you do not forget those weak and small. I just want you. All of you. To be aware of what exactly Yir does. Because in the same breath as he creates a sacred land for those who worship him, he punishes the Yithal for being blessed by their own patron."

"Yithal?" Nani frowns thoughtfully. "I thought the boa followers of Ymon-Thal were the Yith."

"Ah. I forget. You do not sense the shifts in the world like I do. The Yithal are part of the Yith, blessed by Ymon-Thal with a unique connection to the passing. You will learn more of them in time. What matters now is that, with one hand, Yir ascends his worshippers to enjoy his gifts. With the other, he punishes the Yithal for enjoying the gifts given by their patron. If the Yithal spend too much time in the sun, they will lose their physical bodies."

"That sounds awfully harsh." Mika glances towards Nerassus. "You gonna defend that?"

"I... no. I don't... I don't know. I don't know enough."

"You know enough. You're my son Nerassus. You love everyone. So of course you're going to help everyone."

"Yeah..."

Spoiler: Help: Ymon-Thal
    Show
    +2 Justice/+2 Moon/+2 Healing: The moonlight twists the curse into a blessing. While under the light of the moon, the Yithal may draw on the moonlight to strengthen their physical bodies to make them more resilient against damage. Furthermore, the light of the full moon reinvigorates the Yithal against the curse of non-corporealism. As long as the curse has not fully run it's course, a Yithal can bathe in the moonlight to restore time lost to the curse.

Spoiler: Reaction: Yir
    Show
    Petr's hinder:
    -2 Water: Petr will withdraw the blessings of rain and running water to the continent.
    -2 Healing: Petr withdraws all supernatural healing gifts that they have granted to mortal-kind, preventing them from working on this new sacred land. The Icewater Lily however will still function as normal.
    -2 Moon: Tidal forces and moonlight are a thing of the past for this new continent. Petr focuses all the lunar energy instead on the world below, keeping the continent from affecting the tide, and allowing moonlight to shine, even in the shadow of the continent.
    -1 Rainbow: The colours of the chosen land are dull and washed out, deviating always towards whites and pastels.
    -1 Medics: Medical vocations find it difficult to get traction in the Holy Land, as the medical community will struggle to work together among themselves.
    +2 Pain: Though Petr may not allow the Holy Land the blessings of rain, the place won't dry out completely. Water on the continent will for the most part remain on the continent, draining back into the ground into aquifiers, so that there shall still be water for those who work to acquire it.

Nerassus' help:
    +2 Justice: Nerassus will travel across Axia, diverting Yir's power around communities that will be affected by the rise of the continent, but will not rise with it. He will ensure that these locations retain enough of a landmass and biodiversity to function as self-sustaining islands.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Cloud Forest

The uprooting of a large chunk of Axia was truly a sight to behold. As promised, Yir had set aside a reserve for nature. Cloud Forest. Avestra swept low over the green expanse, letting her wings brush the tops of the trees and infusing them with her spirit. This place would remain sacred, she decided, free from the meddling of mortalkind.

Show

Assist Yir create his floating continent with the following:

+2 Nature - Cloud Forest is blessed with a curious feature, where any mortal who enters the forest will soon find themselves back at the spot where they entered again, with no clear recollection of how they got there. In this manner, the forest will protect itself from interlopers.

+1 Sky - The sky itself will provide ample precipitation to nourish Cloud Forest, keeping the forest green and healthy in spite of Petr's withdrawn blessing.

+2 Birds - Birds from across the world will come to roost in Cloud Forest, transforming the forest into the central treewhisper node for northern Axia and the surrounding area.

Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-04-28 at 07:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Leviathan heard the voice of Avestra, well if it is my sweet bird friend. Well I am many things but are not monster to betray someone who helped me so I will help you in return.
    Show

+2 knowledge: They will have extensive knowledge of their magic and the paths, this will help them combat foreign threats
    +2 mining: many of them have secret tunnels that they can use during an invasion to get around their enemies
    -2 unknown: after generations they will have a poor understanding of the outside world

He then felt the essence of the dastardly fox goddess. Hm I can use this to my advantage.

Spoiler: Help Beastfolk
    Show

While they were made as a gift from the arrogant Bitch Fox God, Leviathan will turn the Empire’s gift against them. The three races he will create will reflect the Empire’s greatest sins. Created by those who have a bone to pick with the Empire.

+2 knowledge: Parrotfolks: These folks are made up of those wronged by the Empire’s brutal justice. Leviathan gives the gift of advanced intelligence to outsmart, tricksters of sort. They have no love for any authorities and best be described as anarchists. They love to outsmart, trick and generally annoy the crap out of nobility and authority.

+2 mining: Molefolks: These folks are those who had their land taken by the Empire and refused to submit to them. Leviathan gave them an easy escape, digging underground turning them into their current forms. They recruit others that refuse to bow to the Empire and feel justified in taking as much as they want from the set empire. If the Empire feels justified in stealing from others then the moleflok has a right to steal stuff in return.

+1 writing: Tree folks: Those of fire magic that refused to bow to discrimination and hatred they get. They were given a gift by Leviathan. They may burn down but they will sprout again like a Phoenix. They will practice fire magic, pass down their teachings and fight for their rights. They will have some of the greatest fire mages in the world. Many of them live on the ground at the molefolk to have a similar hatred for the Fox’s empire.

-2 unknown: bigotry and hate will be the curse of all animal folks. Many fearing them as monsters.

____

Spoiler: Déjà vu's Hinder of Leviathan's immortality
    Show

-2 heroism: Leviathan will view those with Brave hearts and fear them and can scare him away the beast. After all with all his bluster he’s a scared little worm in the eyes of the gods.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-04-29 at 08:45 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Chimera

Su'ule And The Flying Continent

Her long time ally, Valrion now had an entire Empire in the Sky, minus the Northern Nations, however. Su'ule thought this was wondrous, even incredible, but was wary of letting her people stay up there for long. Nonetheless, it was in her nature to be a good neighbor.

Spoiler
    Show

Help:
    + 2 Sorcery : The Air Mages of the flying continent will have an easy time learning Air Magic, but flying most of all, will be easy to learn there.
    + 1 Birth : Like many of Su'ule's favored, those in the ICA's population, regardless of race will have an easier time bearing children, with fewer complications.
    + 1 Metamorphosis : Those of the flying continent who practice Su Sorcery or High Magick may eventually have the incredible power of temporarily transforming into Wind Elementals.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dulnori stood at the borders of Rokanon, about to go on a great trip, and so decided to give his aid before he left, to remove any distraction.

For Ymon-Thal:
    A new kind of life, surviving in between two worlds, an experiment worth undertaking for sure. Now, what if I add another world to that list?
    Spoiler: Reaction:
    Show
    +1 Dreams: The Yithal shall have the power to see and communicate through the dreams of mortals, though a mortal who doesn’t want their dreams intruded on can force them out.

For Petr:
    These things are absolutely adorable and I love them. I’ll send my strength, and let the dice role where it may.
    Show
    +2 Fortune: Dulnori creates the Mon’Dai’Lon. They have an impish appearance and demeanor, occasionally playing pranks on their mortals, though never anything serious or hard to clean up. They are curious and clever, known for helping lost mortals find their way home, and they are prodigiously skilled at finding valuables in areas that most mortals simply overlook. They look like the pokemon Impidimp.

For Timorin:
    Despite the, issues, you’ve caused in the past, you really do care for your people. I can appreciate your dedication, fortune will favor your holy people.
    Show
    +2 Fortune: The cult will be skilled with wealth, able to trade effectively and coin money easily. Counterfeits shall be easily detected.
    +2 Ambition: The cultists shall be a passionate people, determined to change their lives for the better.
    +1 Sailing: The ships of the cult will be sturdy and speedy, able to greatly take advantage of favorable winds.

For Chern:
    Impressive I must say, strong and resolute, a being to stand for eternity. This is right up my alley.
    Show
    +2 Ambition: Chad is already resolute in his goals and willing to do what he needs to make his dreams come true, Dulnori amplifies that even further.
    +2 Fortune: It favors the bold, which Chad is. He’s got a natural luck, not to mention a talent at finding ways to market his unique skills.
    +1 Sailing: So he may travel the whole world with ease.

For Aladatriel:
    Dulnori thought these beastfolk seemed rather grotesque, and their efforts wholly unnecessary, but decided he might as well do something if only out of courtesy.
    Show
    +2 Fortune: The beastfolk shall be skilled in games of chance, especially cards, so as to give them some means of entertainment when they’re away from society.
    +2 Ambition: The beastfolk shall be resolute in their oaths, always seeking to go above and beyond the bear minimum required of them, so as to earn fame and glory.

For Avestra:
    Despite his personal feelings Dulnori had no particular issue with the Owl’s movement, and decided to let them go undisturbed.
    Show
    +2 Ambition: This journey is a vast undertaking, so Dulnori blesses the willpower of the Owl tribe to push onwards.

The Great Search:

Dulnori as a leaf was flying on steppe wind, surveying the land around him. Nestellbam seemed to refuse to appear to him, and he was becoming increasingly worried. He had always assumed the Dragon was working on something, or communing with the Aeons, or just doing anything really. But the touch of the Dragon on the world was unmistakable, and he hadn’t felt it at all since his return. Nestellbam wouldn’t have just given up on the tribes, right?

He continued to fly, believing that the winds would show him the right path, just as they had 500 years ago. Eventually he saw a tree, and next to it what seemed to be a large mound, somehow obscured from his vision. The winds ceased, and the leaf floated downwards. His confusion was absolute, the winds seemed to have taken him nowhere. There was only a tree, and that ugly thing on the ground that refused to be seen. It almost seemed to taunt him. As he fell he started to see mushrooms growing on and around the mound, and ants walking on top of it, but the mound itself was still hidden somehow. The closer he came, the stranger it became, it looked like hole in the world itself. Finally, the leaf landed, and the hole was filled in.

----------

Ironhide was busy reviewing details about the new mines in the west when a messenger barged in to the palace, “My queen we’ve just gotten a report that a nomadic band is headed to the city gates,”

The queen put down her parchment, “That’s odd, I have no meeting scheduled with any of them. This must be an emergency, but then why were you sent here to tell me and not a golden dragon? They would’ve gotten here faster.”

“That’s the other issue my queen, a golden dragon arrived at the wall to warn us of their arrival, and then he just flew off without explaining what was happening.”

“That is even more odd. I’ll just have to ride out and meet them directly then.”

Ironhide reached the city outskirts at the same time as the nomads arrived. They were moving slowly, their horses tied to a wooden cart with a huge body laying on it, and the worm sitting on its head. The queen could hardly believe what she saw, but the wailing voice of the worm made the reality of the situation all too clear.
    Bury him!
    “Dulnori, how did this happen? What do we do, how is this even possibl--”
    Just bury him!

----------

It was a few days after the announcement, and the tragedy struck deep. A wave of grief and pain washed over the Horizon Tribe. From the leaders of the most ancient families, to the most common of workers, everyone was united in their agony. It was like a piece of the world was just suddenly gone. Nestellbam, the great preserver, that shaped the steppe in ancient times and blessed the very blood of the people, was dead. How could the Horizon Tribe go on? It was impossible, this just couldn’t be happening, and yet it was. Rokanon was lined with black banners and huge crowds formed around the palace desperately trying to get a look at the body as it was being prepared, though the palace closed its gates to all outsiders. Many of the golden dragons buried themselves in soil and went into torpor, thinking that somehow Nestellbam might return when they woke up. And all of this was nothing compared to what was felt by the Aeons. It was said that in those days you could place your ear on the ground and hear the wailing as clear as your own thoughts.

Sporeweaver and Ironhide were in the palace, as the Ceros presented his most recent breakthrough. In spite of everything, Ironhide was determined to finish what she had started, to try and be an example for the people in this time. Dulnori had decided against Ironhide’s advice to mummify Nestellbam’s body himself, and was doing this in a spare room.

“My queen, we’ve finally discovered the true nature of steppe blood. The evidence is direct and undeniable, by comparing the souls of the steppe-blooded to all others we’ve been able to find the truth. Your soul is like a mana-void. It simply produces very little mana on its own, and when a magic effect is directed at your body it naturally reacts to dissolve it. It’s not that you are naturally less talented at magic, it’s that your soul hates it. ”

“But what about the human shamans?”

“They’re just born with normal souls by chance.”

“That’s it then, there’s nothing we can do. No special training or secret technique will ever let us use magic. We’re just useless forever.” Ironhide slumped down in her throne. “All our work was just wasted.”

“Hang on, that’s not true at all. This means there’s nothing keeping you from casting spells, all you need is a different source of mana, like magicite.”

“And how does that solve anything? Magicite is too rare and it depletes too quickly. We need something renewable, something that we can keep growing, but there’s nothing like that out there. Unless you’re suggesting we drain souls or something.”

“Of course not, no one would volunteer for something like that, and I doubt you could transport it far anyways.”

“Well we’ve got nothing then, we’re stuck, we ...”

AAAAARGH

Sporeweaver and Ironhide rushed over to Dulnori,

“What’s wrong,” they shouted simultaneously.

It’s this ridiculous fungus. Everytime I think I’ve pulled out all the mycelium there’s always more. It’s so disgusting, and I can’t get rid of it, and I-I, I can’t do anything.” Dulnori began to sob, “I can’t change this, I can’t fix this, he’s gone for good. He’s the only family I ever had.

“The tribe is your family,” said Ironhide as she put her hand on Dulnori’s shoulder.

Don’t touch me. As if you mortals could ever understand my pain, what this means to me.” As Dulnori yanked his shoulder away he felt Ironhide’s fist go straight into his stomach.

“Never say that again you bastard. You think humans don’t know what death is, you think I can’t understand this. Everyone in the world has dead friends and family. I have dead family too dammit.”

What.

“You never even bothered to think about why I’m the queen so young did you? My dad died when I was just a little kid. And my mom died from plague a year ago. They tried everything they could, but it didn’t work. She died in pain, covered in buboes, and we couldn’t even give her a real burial. We had to burn her body. I know grief, we all know grief, so don’t you dare say I don’t understand!”

I-I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking. I just can’t deal with this, it’s just so much.

“It’s hard on all of us Dulnori, not just you. The tribes need you right now, they need you to be strong. We need to keep moving forwards, it’s the only way we can get past this.”

You’re right, back to work it is, dealing with this terrible fungus. So much fungus, how is it even useful?

Sporeweaver, who had been as quiet as possible to avoid getting dragged into the argument, piped up with, “I’ve worked with fungus all my life Dulnori, and I can tell you its incredibly useful.”

How so?

“Fungus don’t just decay things. If you look at the roots of most plants you’ll find mycelium next to them. With my magic I feel the network they form. Water, nutrients, energy, all of it gets transferred around in this network, and both the plant and fungus can grow better than they ever could alone.”

That is impressive. In their unity they thrive, that’s what I’ve always tried to teach the people.

Ironhide’s eyes widened, “I’ve got it,” she shouted. “What if we could just transfer mana from living Ceros and Dramos to steppe-blooded humans.”

“But you already know there’s no way to transfer mana directly like that,” replied Sporeweaver.

“True, but maybe we can transfer mana indirectly. All we need is an intermediate that can store and release mana. It’ll be our own network, moving mana from one species to another to improve the whole.”

Why don’t we use actual fungi? Living creatures can hold mana, I can create a fungal breed based around that principle that absorbs lingering mana in its foodstock, and get it to transfer mana to animals like it does to plants.

“Glory to Dulnori,” shouted Ironhide.

Glory to you.

Spoiler: Action: Create Basic Life
    Show
    8 AP/ 4 DC. Dulnori creates the manacap mushroom. When fed foodstock produced through magical means it will naturally absorb the mana and hold it. When it’s filled with mana it changes from a bright red color to bright blue. An ensouled being can have a small amount of mycelium placed on their skin, which will cause the fungus to recognize that individual as a symbiotic partner. They will then receive mana from the fungus when they come into contact with it or touch ground near where it's growing, though they can send back this mana influx through force of will. Of note, spells that affect fungal growth will affect the manacaps normally.

+2 Fortune: Dulnori grants the manacaps good fortune. They shall grow well and be less likely to die from random changes in weather and unexpected pests and diseases.
    +2 Ambition: This is absolutely hugely ambitious. With these mushrooms individuals previously incapable of using magic will be able to do so, enabling them to reach whole new heights of power. The manacaps will grow well for those willing to put in the work to grow them.
    +1 Sailing: Manacaps will be a hardy mushroom able to survive transport by ship with their mana intact.

Invited are Petr, Chern, and Timorin, who if they help shall receive a small cache of spores.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-04-28 at 08:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Ymon-Thal, The Passing

"Pathethic?"

"I am getting quite tired of the sun's interference", Thal said. "And look at that, he is raising his lands into the sky."

"Let's crash it!"

"No, no, Ymon-Desha. I am afraid we will be going for something more... subtle."

"And less genocidal."

"Let us show his people the true gift of the sun", Thal said with a joyless smile.

Spoiler: Hinder Yir
    Show

Ymon-Thal and Ymon-Desha attempt to hinder Yir. The people living in the Promised Lands, closer to the sun, will be more susceptible to the bodily (+ 2 Body) effects of its rays, given everyone a heightened risk of getting a painful sunburn on particularly sunny days.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2020-04-28 at 11:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Yir, Valrion - Holy High's Garden - Cruelly Seen Vindication:

It was the next dawn, Valrion was sitting under the shaded gazebo in the garden listening to the fountain and looking down at the encroaching sunlight. Their eye-line was fully dark, a black line on their head covering their eyes, only seeming to become worse when Valrion heard Yir laugh.

"HA HA HA HA HA I KNEW it! The pathetic godling only cares for it's own pride and ego, using it's power over healing and the water as tools to harm the innocent and the righteous! The pathetic creature cannot see past it's own malicious heart, could not stop itself from taking from others just to satisfy it's own ego."

"That cannot be true...." Valrion said softly.

Yir was in such a gleeful mood it did not even seem to care that Valrion was disobedient. "But it IS. I, in my benevolence, even gave them that orb you requested. Look how they have returned my aid, HA! Such a malicious creature! It wishes to hate! I wonder if it even knows how terrible it's heart is? Has it fooled even itself?"

"..." Valrion could not say much to that, for multiple reasons. They clutched at their chest a little, their throat feeling tight.

Valrion felt the displeasure of Yir, it did not feel good. The sunlight creeped up and covered them, it burned and itched. And their mind felt light, yet had a piercing pain that kept them forcibly focused at the same time.

"Hmph, in short order it's creations are bound for darkness. I order thee my Vessel, when the divine age ends destroy them all.

Valrion thought back to Davanda's new pet, it was called... Nero or something similar. "But what ab-"

"DID I SAY YOU COULD INTERRUPT? No! My will shall not be denied by you. Prepare yourself, the wicked Timorin has indeed tried to do good, you will go and give them their reward."

Valrion was scheduled to meet Davanda this morning, she'd been working so hard... but Valrion could not deny the light inside them as it pulled them to stand and made them teleport away in a pillar of light.

Emperor Valroin - Above the Archipelago:

The shining figure of Emperor Valrion appeared above the shady realm, a star above for those looking up at the shining figure. It hovered there for a few moments before saying "By Will Above are you rewarded for good deeds. All here shall know the value of giving back what is given to you, your craftsmenship with what little wood you have shall be perfected, and all will marvel at these things."

Spoiler: Help Timorin!
    Show
    +1 Symbiosis: Gift giving is common among the Cult, especially after someone gives a sacrifice it is common for them to be showered in gifts (though of different things than what they gave up). This extends past death, for those that give up their bodies are laid to rest with extra care in thanks.

+1 Perfection: The skills of the cultists are greater than anyone else in the art of wood-working.

+2 Majesty: While one may say a lot of nasty things about the cultists, by this help the cultists at least earn the reputation for being gentle folk that are east to approach. This help weakens the farther away someone is from the archipelago, but for the Stricken Lands and Tria it significantly helps keep tension low for initial meetings (after someone has actually met a cultist, their opinions can rapidly change).

Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-29 at 10:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside a small cabin in the woods of Sanctuary

"You're not going to stay inside with your friends?" Peter gazes forlornly at the sky above, hands kneading over his own thigh in a thoughtful manner.

"I'll return soon." Nera glances back at his cabin. Lights flicker in the house, and the occasional laugh can be heard from within. "But you I wanted to talk with. This has to be the first time I've ever seen you this angry before."

"Maybe. Or maybe I've always been very good at hiding my wrath. But now..." They extend an arm. It transforms to water, revealing the rippling, screaming souls upon the surface. "They hate Yir. I... hate Yir. But I also hate myself. My weakness. My limits. I wasn't here when mortalkind needed me the most."

"It's not your fault." Nerassus wraps a hand around Peter, pulling the form close to his chest for a hug. "You got Kahar-Djin to weave the barrier. Who would have thought... thought that father's gift would."

"I did! Which is irrelevant, because I am still responsible for not making the place safe enough. You say it's not my fault. That can only be true if I was neither strong nor wise enough to prevent it." Peter frowns, punching a fist firmly into the ground beneath him. "And that's the thing isn't it? I'm a god. I am the wellspring of all that lives and breathes on this planet. And yet there are things I do not know, and things that are beyond my reach to do."

The two watch in silence, admiring the moon as it shimmers far above. Nerassus rubs upon Peter's form, but finds his words dying in his throat whenever he tries to say something. Eventually he settles down to simply watch the sky.

"Nerassus?"

"Hrm?"

"If given the choice... would you rather never have existed at all?"

Nerassus clutches Peter tight against his form, fingers digging into the god in mortal shape, teeth gritting in pained thought behind his muzzle. "I... no... that is... I never think about the question. There are so many people to love, to cherish, to protect. Whenever I have work to do... that question can't enter my mind at all."

"Fair enough... let me ask you for help one last time tonight though."

Spoiler: Help: Dulnori
    Show
    +2 Healing: The manacap mushroom should naturally bond to mortal frames without causing ny damage to the body.
    +2 Justice: Manacap grafting is easy to do, and easy to reject.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2020-04-28 at 05:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Hope Thalia approached Timroin. "Lord Timorin, Might I borrow the great warpick?" Timorin smiled and handed it over.

Hope Thalia sent agents to check out Dulnori's new plant.

Show

+2 Sacrifice: Due to the fact that one person may strengthen another though the sacrifice of their Mana to help grow these plants.

Hope Thalia heard about the flight to Kabweland and sent her some of the cult to protect the effort.

Show
    +1 Asylum: Predators will recognize this as an act of the Lord of Nature and will guard the expedition.

+2 Drama: Thalia sends Carl the Barl to entertain those eagerly engaged as well as record the epic exodus for excited fans to enjoy for eternity

+2 Architecture: The new nation will have an easy job establishing new dwellings and other needed buildings.

Hope Thalia consumed a pearl and a small imp-like creature emerged. It laughed and jumped around.

Spoiler: Help:
    Show

+2 Twilight Archipelago/+2 Drama: Many cultists get a rather chaotic trickster when they consume a pearl. (See Impmon)

Hope Thalia was furious at Valrion's insinuations that she was wicked due to her domain. She took on too much? How had she taken on too much? Just because she wasn't an immortal slave, that means she can't accomplish the same thing Valrion has done? Well if the Divine jerk wants the "evils of sacrifice" not to touch his lands, then this can be arranged.

Spoiler: Hinder
    Show
    Hinder
    +2 Sacrifice: Hope Thalia shall grant Valrion his wish of not allowing sacrifice on the Promised Land. The land itself shall be averse to sacrifice and punish it's presence. People who give to charity may find their crops wilted shortly after. People who donate their time to help others will find their homes damaged upon their return. The continent itself shall punish people for engaging in sacrifice of any kind. The only things that shall go unpunished are those that recieved compensation. Trading time for wealth or something of the like is unpunished. People however shall always be punished by the continent for sacrificing anything. So is Valrion's will.
    +2 Twilight Archipelago: Those that wish for freedom fr this so called "promised land" need only ask the continent for freedom and they will be transported to the Twilight Archipelago on the isle of Asylum.
    +2 Architecture: The continent shall be unwilling to sacrifice it's stone or material to the service of man. It will be harder to build structures with the materials found in the continent than those aquired elsewhere and brought to the continent.

Edit: I think the text may be confusing because I think I phrased it the wrong way. But this sacrifice hinder works on people asking for sacrifice or benefiting from it. Let's not punish those who sacrifice.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-04-30 at 02:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel was spending the evening with some quality time with her children. Eating outside of a Popolo restaurant all three sat there chatting up about the day, theories, life... Aqueducts. Davy didn't eat. The massive machine simply sitting down cross-legged on the floor.
    "And then, I said. 'That's not mold, that's just Chern's face'." A small laugh went up from the table as Davy in the midst of his talking still continued to sketch out plans for these new things being developed called "Zoning ordinances".

"Do you ever stop working?" Rosalin asked seeming genuinely curious.

"Sometimes." Davy looked out into the sky. "Sometimes, I imagine that I am a butterfly."

"How does that go? I used to imagine that I was a bird... But a hawk. Not one of those little tweet tweet birds."

"I remember that butterflies don't make houses. And then get back to work."

"Really? I normally remembered that hawks don't have biceps."

"... Okay, is this normal mortal conversation? Because I've talked to a lot of mortals and conversations like this have never come up."

Rosalin shrugged. "A lot of people don't think about these things. Hawks don't have biceps. And a life without biceps would be a poor life indeed." Rosalin said cutting into a massive hunk of chicken.

A crashing sound was heard followed by a gigantic CRACK! Panic was heard as the earth broke apart, roads being forced on top of each other. Davy and his logical brain were first to their feet. He catapulted forward as a large decorative part of a roof fell down from the earthquake. Davy caught this roof with his large hand as he placed his back to the supports of another housing being built. "Ah." Davy's voice came out slightly pained as he set the wall of the house back up again. "This is why I don't do free-floating architecture."

Rosalin got up quickly. Nearly choking as all eyes turned to the sky as the earth ruptured. Rising ever more skyward until the citizens were nearly blinded by the lights underneath the massive continent. And then the mighty booming voice of a god came through the air.

"I see you are creating new life under your blessing, know that if you curse my creation I will have retribution on yours!"

Alatadriel snorted. "Do you think that you scare me? Do you think that you can threaten me! Do you think that I have been tolerating your dismal of mortals and your damned creations out of nicety! Out of fear even! I have no more fear for you than a lion does the lamb! You are the most pathetic creature that I have ever seen. You are like a worm who has thought himself above others because he lives on the surface. Bound to be squashed. With your contempt of man, your contempt of creation. You believe being above others is an excuse for cruelty. An excuse to do as you would like! Yet you stifle the growth of mortals at every occasion, and call it perfection! You say to strive, but deem all failures! Even your own child you have abandoned and declared a failure! This perfection you strive for is not freedom, but a prison. I will not be intimidated by you, I REFUSE to be intimidated by you!" The wooden floor burst into flames as others scrambled. "I AM THE BOSS! SO WHEN I TALK! YOU LISTEN! I HAVE OFFERED YOU THE CHANCE TO LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND YOU HAVE TOSSED THEM ALL AWAY! MY PATIENCE IS OUT! IF YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE ARRANGEMENT THAN YOU WILL NEED TO BE BROUGHT LOW!" Alatadriel took out a handkerchief; flecks of flame running across it and washing her hands as she wiped them. "I wipe this blood from my hands. This destruction shall be yours and yours alone!"

On the outskirts of the continent, in the pastures of farmers above appeared gigantic nails. So large they could harshly be called such a thing to the mortals below. Appearing only as this mile-long iron shape in the sky. Hardly the rural giants could appreciate the majesty of such a creation as it was driven into the land. Deep into the continent the massive structures sticking nearly a thousand feet below the continent. The rural homesteads crushed by the creation. Godly will protecting others as the shockwaves and debris barely made it past a hundred feet.

Alatadriel looked to Rosalin still angry, her seat being tossed into the ocean as it caught fire. Flames spreading as she walked. "The damages were minimal but see to the people. I will deal with Yir."
    Rosalin snapped an instant salute. "Give 'em hell Ma!"
    Alatadriel floated up and grabbed Davy. "I will need you for my plans."
    Spoiler: hinder
    Show
    Four massive chains, all miles thick are strapped to the underside of the continent from the spikes driven into the continent. Strapped to deep below the ocean floor, these chains wench down the continent. Bringing the bottom a thousand feet below the highest mountain now standing in Axia.
    +2 Fire. These chains were made in the godly forges of Alatadriel. These chains are unimaginably strong despite their cast-iron appearance. Made from the mortal belief of Alatadriel, as long as their conviction holds strong so do the chains.
    +2 Civil Engineering, The plans of Davy were used to ensure that these creations are unmovable. He will also be in charge of every decade making his inspection which typically lasts six months. He is protected by the will of Alatadriel while doing this and thusly will not be damaged when doing so.

On top of this, Alatadriel curses the land to ensure that it will never be thought of as a promised land above others.
    +2 Foxes. The Hua-Ling are employed and scattered tens of millions across the continent. They are spies and as such information will find itself routinely within the hands of enemies of Yir, Valrion and the ICA along with an assortment of criminals.
    +1 Fertility. The lands of this promised land are not of milk and honey. They are instead as fertile as a desert, and will not take the introduction of new nutrients easily. This does not change the amount of rain or heat of the land of course so they are able to grow crops more easily than a desert.

-2 Arrogance, Alatadriel's actions are noble but is driven by her need to prove her worth over Yir.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Yir - Above Alatadriel:

It's hard to tell, but a glow came around Alatadirel, it was soft and carried a happy tone. "Ha! A pathetic attempt. My majesty is greater than you can imagine, beyond something so small and so far below. To feel superior to the only TRUE god of this world... HA! Feel for the first time my wrath! For as your blood flows through mortals, I deem it forgetful, and horrific! By my absolutely perfect judgement this is set!"

Alatadriel could feel reverberating from where they were the power of Yir affecting those that had partaken of their blood, cursed by Yir. While it did not show itself now, those beastfolk made in the future would bear the judgement of Yir.

"I spare those that exist now, they know not the folly of you. This is my mercy to them."

Spoiler: Hinder Beastfolk!
    Show

This hinder specifically does not affect the founders of the beastfolk, or any other that might exist before this curse. Only those that they would choose (or be forced to give) the condition to are affected. When it comes to the majesty curse, it will set in an area after the founding beastfolk spared this curse dies, or one does not move into the area for a decade. Each of them knows about this.

+1 Perfection: Beastfolk have a very hard time remembering terrain in the wild, other than where home is. Getting lost in the same woods or other natural habitat over and over again is extremely common for them. Map making helps only so much, as it becomes confusing for them to remember which land-marks mean what on the map unless it's really obvious.

+2 Majesty, +1 Symbiosis: They are not guardians of nature, they are the abominations of man and nature out to get you. If you see one in the woods, run away and don't ever listen to it's lies. And if you see it in your home town? Kill it! If you are a governor and know it's in the woods, why is it not dead? Go out there and skin it! Or so says the people that know about beastfolk, without significant personal time with beastfolk to break this stereotype. People so enlightened sadly cannot spread the good news, at least more than enough to give minor help the process of someone overcoming the stereotype.

This is mainly targeted to lower the number of beastfolk around, since the number of those willing to become beastfolk is very small, and typically require a lot of convincing. Too much to be useful in many cases.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-30 at 12:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Boa Jungle, Kahar-Djin, 62 AP

Kahar-Djin had been searching for… A while. They’d lost track of the world around them in that time, in that search. Quite a few things had happened, while they weren’t paying attention. The search was important, of course, but they felt it was time to pause it for some moments and go pay heed to the events of the world.

Yimon-Thal… They were making a new species, a subset of the Yith. They would live in the Passing, travelling freely through the portals made so long ago. And yet… As numerous as they were, for a whole species, those portals felt few and far between. They extended their power toward the Yithal and quickly recognized a way to help. The Yithal would be able to use any crossroads as a way to travel between the Passing and the mortal world of Oerth.

Show
    Kahar-Djin helps the creation of the Yithal by allowing them to use any crossroads (+1 Crossroads) as a gate to and from the Passing (+2 Thresholds, -2 Unexplored)

Next would be these… Mon’Dai. Hmm…

In the University, a group of Travellers of Sight were inspecting a few of the moonlit pearls. They took measurements of its size, its weight, its luminosity, its colour, even the smoothness of its surface, and analysed it with all manner of magicite contraptions.

They had heard reports of some manner of creature emerging when one of the pearls was consumed, and eventually, one of them gave it a try. There was a burst of light, and then a small sprite appeared on the Traveller’s shoulder. She quickly started flying around, looking all over with great interest, eventually looking back at the Traveller. Her eyes were the colour of magicite.

Show
    (+2 Paths, +1 Travellers) When one who is truly devoted to travelling a Path of Divinity eats one of the pearls, a Mon'Dai'Vei manifests. Mon'Dai'Vei vary, differing in traits and abilities. For instance, a Mon'Dai'Vei of Sight will have an insatiable curiosity of the world around them, and they will be able to see the way a magicite eyepiece permits, while a Mon'Dai'Vei of Power will be able to boost their Traveller's telekinetic abilities, and will have an unusually confrontational personality.

Kahar-Djin bent space, and in an instant, they were at the gates of the Council of Masters. Surely, they thought, the Masters would have kept abreast of the developments in the world. They’d go ask some of the… Permanent residents to bring them up to speed.

They opened the door, and found the Council in quite a lively discussion, that began to die down as they noticed the figure at the door. Kahar-Djin was stumped for a moment, and then said,

“Oh, I am extremely sorry. Please, carry along. I will return once the meeting is finished and...” They took a look around. “And this place is quite cramped, is it not?”

The Council Masters turned to each other and there was a general murmur of agreement.

“Well,” continued the divinity. “I propose expanding this room, so you will have more space to conduct your meetings an any necessary additional activities.”

Bron approached then, with a bow.

“Excuse me, my Master. But we cannot expand the building further. There is not enough room in the Monastery.”

“Do not worry, Bron. I am well aware of that. And, please, do not call me Master anymore.” Kahar-Djin brought down his staff against the ground, and extended their domain for a moment, warping space at the borders of the structure and separating it from its surroundings, keeping only the door connected to the outside. “You will find that this building’s external dimensions are no longer quite a concern. Now, let us get to work, shall we?”

Some time later…

Finally, the new accommodations were done. The main hall was much larger, and comfortably fit all the members of the Council. There were guest rooms to allow for longer stays, whether they be for extended meetings or for other reasons. Furthermore, there were quite a variety of new rooms added by Masters of the different Paths: Bron and Gil-Galad had created a training room, with an associated armoury. Ayla provided a great laboratory, with all sorts of devices that she asked Dem-Ay to procure, as well as valuable scrolls and books. Senya, the Master of Wisdom, collaborated with the Masters of Nature and the Masters of Reflection to create the Garden of Thoughts, a peaceful garden full of fountains, where the Masters could go to meditate on their nature and the nature of the reality. Surrounding the garden were walls of mirrors, each reflecting subtly different traits in a person. The Masters of Soul created a Shrine of Souls connected to the Passing, allowing the Council to communicate with the souls of the dead. The Flame Dancers made a room for all manner of artistic pursuits,, and helped decorate the main hall and guest rooms, filling them with inspiring phrases and oft-contradictory platitudes. Yzma made a Starry Crypt. Finally, the Masters of Perfection made the Room of Will, a blank room that could be shaped by the will of those within.

Furthermore, gates were created that led to many of Oerth’s major regions, including Sanctuary, the 1st Justice University, the Chernways, the Boa Jungle, the coasts off the Lucent Archipelago, and the southern reaches of the Stonesthroe mountains.

The Hall of Masters could only be accessed by opening the gates to its physical building with the Key of Spheres or one of the Masters’ copies, or by travelling to it with said copies.

Spoiler: Action!
    Show

(12 AP / 8 DC) Create a pocket dimension

Kahar-Djin and the Council create the Hall of Masters. This pocket dimension, the size of a fairly large building, is a safe haven for all Masters of the Council, and clearly shows the influence of all the Paths (+2 Council, +2 Paths). It can only be accessed by one who holds the Key of Spheres or one of its copies (+2 Keys), and within it are gates that lead to many important places of Oerth. (+2 Thresholds)