New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Mark off the fuel for the two hour drive.
    I would prefer it in miles. That would alleviate the need to un-apply various car speeds and road conditions.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    I would prefer it in miles. That would alleviate the need to un-apply various car speeds and road conditions.
    22 miles.
    Remember, the snow has melted.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Could you make a Reaction Roll for the door guard, please? His basic attitude is a -2 penalty, but you should factor in your own reaction modifiers as well.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Poole offers $15 each for the heroin pills, $100 for each dose of meth, Modafinil is worth $32 a pop, and the green "billy" is worth $800.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

the green "billy" is worth $800.
    Can we have a more clear idea about what it actually does? Also, what about the painkillers? Does he mean morphine injectors like in first aid kits?

UPD: Also, what does he take for payments? I think we might be unable to afford the more expensive stuff if we are limited in what we can sell.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-08-22 at 07:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we have a more clear idea about what it actually does? Also, what about the painkillers? Does he mean morphine injectors like in first aid kits?

UPD: Also, what does he take for payments? I think we might be unable to afford the more expensive stuff if we are limited in what we can sell.
    It boosts your combat skills and leg motorics. Yeah, painkillers are mostly morphine. That helps keep you alive when you are wounded.

(What does UPD stand for?) He is fine with payment in bullets.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

(What does UPD stand for?)
    Just a short for UPDate, to make it known that part was not in the original post.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

You may need to roll certain skills soon, players.

In particular, Streetwise or Carousing could be very important...

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You may need to roll certain skills soon, players.

In particular, Streetwise or Carousing could be very important...
    Tariq has the former...

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Roll it. The tavern is hostile territory. You need to fit in.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

For the record: we have a TL8 megium radio with us and TL8? large radio at radar base. This means we have the following ranges communicating with the base:
    1. In voice mode, we can routinely communicate within 105 miles (more with successful skill checks)
    2. In text message mode which is quick enough to be called semi-real-time (1/100 voice bandwidth), we can routinely communicate within 1050 miles (more with successful skill checks)

An unrelated question: does Tariq's proficiency with explosives cover the creation of flash-bangs? They sort of "bang", but they do aff, not cr ex, so I'm wondering.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes on the radio.
    Yes on communicating with the base.
    Yes on the flashbangs.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(from IC thread)
    3. Tariq is to make flashbangs and grenades for everyone. Proposing:
    - 10 stun grenades for Milkor MGL
    - 20 stun grenades for throwing
    - 30 frag grenades for throwing (preferably TL7; 20 for the arsenal, 10 for the operation)
    - maybe something else, at his option (mines etc.)
    @Shoot the Moon: What stats are you proposing for the GL stun grenades, particularly cost and whether it needs to be long or not? High-Tech doesn't list this as one of the GL ammo types (the net grenade mentions using Shermuly Stun stats for those affected by the deployment explosion). I note the thrown Schermuly Stun grenade is one of the lighter grenades, which makes it more likely that it will fit in the launched grenades, but also that a lot of the special payload launched grenades are only available in a long configuration, which won't fit in the Millkor.

At some point it would be good to find an armourer to modify the Milkor to the MGL-140/M32 configuration that can accept long grenades. Actually, I'm considering upgrading Tariq's Quick Gadgeteer to just being Specialized (Armaments), but then he will also have to pick up Engineer (Small Arms) to make use of it.

For the thrown grenades he will make some Schermuly Stun and for the frag grenades some M67's from High-Tech; they have slightly higher damage than the Frag's from Basic Set, but lower damage fragmentation which also reduces the fragmentation area of effect, reducing the likelihood of friendly-fire. Tariq will likely need to use up a good amount of our Junk to build this stuff, but I guess that's what it's there for.

For the Stun grenades, I rolled 5 times, so used up $120 worth of Junk (subtracted from our list). The rolls produced 5, 4, 5, 5, and 3 for a total of 22. This took 3 hours.

For the M67 fragmentation grenades, I rolled 7 times, so used up $168 worth of junk (subtracted from our list). The rolls produced 6, 7, 4, 6, 5, 5, and 4, for a total of 37. This took 4.5 hours.

I'll roll for the GL stun grenades once I get clarification on the proposed value and compatibility with the Milkor. I'm not sure that Tariq will have time to build anything else since he's already used 7.5 hours putting these together.

I added the grenades to the equipment list.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    ...but also that a lot of the special payload launched grenades are only available in a long configuration, which won't fit in the Millkor.
    We have locally-produced Milkor USA M32A1 (from the text, not the table; upd: aaand... shooting it). It can chamber long rounds.

For the thrown grenades he will make some Schermuly Stun and for the frag grenades some M67's from High-Tech; they have slightly higher damage than the Frag's from Basic Set, but lower damage fragmentation which also reduces the fragmentation area of effect, reducing the likelihood of friendly-fire. Tariq will likely need to use up a good amount of our Junk to build this stuff, but I guess that's what it's there for.
    We have the materials purchased specifically to make the bangs. You can use them instead. See A52 and A80 for 40mm and other grenades, Wish List A132 for flashbangs (I'll move it to the main list some time today... and done, A173). You can use fractional pounds for the insides and spend scrap junk metal only for mass.

I'm not sure that Tariq will have time to build anything else since he's already used 7.5 hours putting these together.
    We have a few days, so no hurry.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-08-28 at 05:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

@Shoot the Moon: What stats are you proposing for the GL stun grenades, particularly cost and whether it needs to be long or not? High-Tech doesn't list this as one of the GL ammo types (the net grenade mentions using Shermuly Stun stats for those affected by the deployment explosion). I note the thrown Schermuly Stun grenade is one of the lighter grenades, which makes it more likely that it will fit in the launched grenades, but also that a lot of the special payload launched grenades are only available in a long configuration, which won't fit in the Millkor.

For the Stun grenades, I rolled 5 times, so used up $120 worth of Junk (subtracted from our list). The rolls produced 5, 4, 5, 5, and 3 for a total of 22. This took 3 hours.

For the M67 fragmentation grenades, I rolled 7 times, so used up $168 worth of junk (subtracted from our list). The rolls produced 6, 7, 4, 6, 5, 5, and 4, for a total of 37. This took 4.5 hours.

I'll roll for the GL stun grenades once I get clarification on the proposed value and compatibility with the Milkor. I'm not sure that Tariq will have time to build anything else since he's already used 7.5 hours putting these together.

I added the grenades to the equipment list.
    The Schermuly Stun ones on HT 192 work fine. Stats are TL 7, value $240 (30x8). Should work with the Milkor.

We have the materials purchased specifically to make the bangs. You can use them instead. See A52 and A80 for 40mm and other grenades, Wish List A132 for flashbangs (I'll move it to the main list some time today... and done, A173). You can use fractional pounds for the insides and spend scrap junk metal only for mass.
    This.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Schermuly Stun ones on HT 192 work fine. Stats are TL 7, value $240 (30x8). Should work with the Milkor.

This.
    Okay, for the frag grenades I used 2 TNT (each $40, x2 value for being very closely related) and $8 in junk. For the thrown stun grenades I used 1 unit of 'magnesium and stuff' and $40 of junk.

For the launched stun grenades, I rolled 4 times and used $96 worth of stuff (1 unit of 'magnesium and stuff', $16 worth of junk). The rolls produced 6, 3, 5, and 1 grenades, for a total of 15, taking 2 hours and 40 minutes.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sorry for not posting much, been having quite limited internet access for the last couple of weeks.

With Richard's time today being taken up by the first step of handloading, nothing else to add for today - tomorrow he can start actually making the things.

18. - Top - End - #768

Alright, so that's 90 handloaded match-grade catridges made in the end, with only one batch of 20 ruined by bad rolls.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Alright, so that's 90 handloaded match-grade catridges made in the end...
    I think we might have to track them separately for each rifle. So you'll have specify the quantity of rounds tuned for Richard's rifle and a separate quantity of rounds tuned for Sean's rifle. That is, unless our rifles are identical, which I somehow doubt (the DM might clarify). Expecting just a +1 to acc, like factory-made match rounds, if used in any other rifle. I haven't yet checked the math, so you might want to wait for the DM to approve before designating the numbers.

20. - Top - End - #770

I think we might have to track them separately for each rifle. So you'll have specify the quantity of rounds tuned for Richard's rifle and a separate quantity of rounds tuned for Sean's rifle. That is, unless our rifles are identical, which I somehow doubt (the DM might clarify). Expecting just a +1 to acc, like factory-made match rounds, if used in any other rifle. I haven't yet checked the math, so you might want to wait for the DM to approve before designating the numbers.
    Ah right yeah, good point. I guess alternating each batch makes sense (starting with Sean as he's got the proper sharpshooter setup), so 60 for Sean and 30 for Richard (could say 50/40 too, if rather than continuing to alternate after the failed batch Richard made the next one his too, but I think getting Sean a big supply going forward is better).

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, I'm considering upgrading Tariq's Quick Gadgeteer to just being Specialized (Armaments), but then he will also have to pick up Engineer (Small Arms) to make use of it.
    This would work at least for the following:
    1. A better GL for Tariq.
    2. A cheaper high-quality firearms for the troops.

Good to have, but we can live without either. A more interesting thing would be to make TL9 armor. That is, if at all possible.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

This would work at least for the following:
    1. A better GL for Tariq.
    2. A cheaper high-quality firearms for the troops.

Good to have, but we can live without either. A more interesting thing would be to make TL9 armor. That is, if at all possible.
    Armor isn't listed in any of the specialized categories, but armaments is probably the closest. Still, that would be challenging. A TL 9 Tactical Suit (B.284) would be worth $96,000 ($3,000 x 32 TL modifier), giving -4 to the Inventing roll, and needing $9,600 of parts, minimum. And, my skill is unlikely to be anywhere close to the 19 I have for Demolitions, so that -4 would hurt.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

We would be entirely willing to throw both time and money at the problem, especially since with quick gadgeteer the time and the money are not that much. Suppose we use up a concealable vest per suit. That gives $32000 worth of materials for being closely related (both flexible armors, I think). Might add a few early concealable wests too. Spend some extra time, throw in your luck if required, and I'd say the success is nearly guaranteed. That's Tony Stark level of competence, though, so I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to do it.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-08-31 at 12:29 AM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not think that TL 9 armor is available for inventing - I suggest TL 8 stuff is your ceiling.

Inventing TL 9 stuff would require access to advanced materials that the wasteland shops would not have publically for sale to most people, at least.

As for the prisoners, who is rolling Interrogation? Remember, one hour per attempt.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

I do not think that TL 9 armor is available for inventing - I suggest TL 8 stuff is your ceiling.
    Then most practical thing to make would be fine quality firearms. Still not that bad, if you-know-who don't mind the competition. Mostly economical, though, as we can just buy those, except for GLs. We could use TL8 optics, which is less available, but most of it would probably fall into the same group as TL9: kinda hard to invent an IR CCD in your garage.

As for the prisoners, who is rolling Interrogation? Remember, one hour per attempt.
    I think only Richard can meaningfully do that, so that would be him. Sean would suggest replacing "Gunmetal" with "any major city", ask away and see if it turns up any good.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Then most practical thing to make would be fine quality firearms. Still not that bad, if you-know-who don't mind the competition. Mostly economical, though, as we can just buy those, except for GLs. We could use TL8 optics, which is less available, but most of it would probably fall into the same group as TL9: kinda hard to invent an IR CCD in your garage.
    At any rate, we're a bit away from this, I only have 7 unspent points and I'd need 15 to upgrade to Quick Gadgeteer (Specialized) and at least 1 for Engineer (Small Arms), but that'll be the plan.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

At any rate, we're a bit away from this, I only have 7 unspent points and I'd need 15 to upgrade to Quick Gadgeteer (Specialized) and at least 1 for Engineer (Small Arms), but that'll be the plan.
    You may wish to roll crafting for day 50 (upd: I think one good idea would be to make, say, 20 M86 PDMs from HT, but altered for 24-hour self-destruct; the garrison would throw them around as soon as attacked and will be much safer for that amount of time; you can use junk/dynamite for those; unlike 40mm grenades these do not undergo any major acceleration when deployed, so no need to spend TNT) and, if your luck is up now, also take out the minefield.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-08-31 at 11:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, with Richard done for the day, what are Tariq and Sean going to do?

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean is just resting as per #1003.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As per u-b's suggestion, Tariq will put together some M86 PDM's (will I need a separate roll to set a longer delay on those?). I think some more claymores would also be useful.

For the M86 PDMs, Tariq produces 4, 5, 4, 2, and 3 for a total of 18, and using $360 worth of parts
    For the claymores, he produces 5, 2, 6, and 6 for a total of 19, using $160 worth of parts.

That took 6 hours. If there's still time, he'll take a look at the mine field.