New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power VII: Let Me Explain For The Next Thirty Comics!

In Max's case i cant see those plans going anything else than "we are boned".
    Well except for the one involving striking a deal with Vehemence. We have seen that sufficiently charged he does beat Max.

And sufficiently charged he dont need to turn his joints to jelly.
    Because her counter-style has a rather crucial flaw. It only works on someone a lot weaker than yourself.
    Without a speed advantage she cant pull those moves off. And without a power advantage they wont do much.

The ACTUAL counter style is the one Hiro showed. Where the fight got so dull Dabbler became bored.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I mean, it's the "How do you arrest Super Man?" question. Answer is, you don't. Not unless he comes along willingly (which he usually does 'cause he's a nice guy).
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Max, Vehemence, Halo, Dabbler - they all sleep. And breathe. A gradual reduction in the amount of O2 in the room where they are sleeping might render them unconscious without them even noticing. Now, obtaining access to the place where they sleep may be difficult - but probably not for the USG with an arrest warrant.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Not certain why you include Halo on that list since she actually have a crippling bullet weakness.
    All it takes to finish her is being quicker on the draw.

Vehemence we dont know enough about on his baseline. It can be he regens a bullet even there.
    But uncharged a lesser super can fight him we have seen.

Dabbler is a weird case. What she can is almost plot dictated. But she isnt invulnerable.
    Just very dangerous.

With Max meanwhile, then yeah drugging her is possibly the only thing that might work.
    But having access to where she sleeps seems a bad assumption.

I mean, it's the "How do you arrest Super Man?" question. Answer is, you don't. Not unless he comes along willingly (which he usually does 'cause he's a nice guy).
    Well that or ask the justice league. But yeah. It is kinda a problem to enforce laws on sufficiently powerful metahumans.
    At some point as a state you have to give up, unless you have state sponsored meta's.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Shooting Vehemence might be violent enough that it gives him enough power to heal the bullet wound. Or it might not. We don't really know. Probably best to assume it does.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Shooting Vehemence might be violent enough that it gives him enough power to heal the bullet wound. Or it might not. We don't really know. Probably best to assume it does.
    Even after being around a 30 man super brawl, a 50 cal was enough to take out an eye. id imagine peggy could snipe base vehemence just fine. Probably even more so as I wouldnt be surprised if they had all sorts of special ammo they could use. As for max, she isnt superman. The rest of arcswat could take her down. We already know that dabbler was able to force her into turtle mode. We also know that jiggawatts power was able to injure her outside of said turtle mode. By forcing her to stat dump into durability to withstand various attacks, she loses out on her ability to fly, blast, or use super strength, which means she is vulnerable to whatever take down methods they might have such as knockout gas or others. Heck, get her into turtle mode, and pinned, then put on a rebreather and have sydney pop a shield around her along with whatever air mixture will induce nap time fastest now that we know she can do it. Dave said she can hold her breath for some time and even use power to breathe but its super inefficient and doubtful she can do it while being pinned down in full stat dump mode so it would probably work. Obviously no strategy is fool proof but thats one off the top of my head that absolutely could work against her.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Even after being around a 30 man super brawl, a 50 cal was enough to take out an eye. id imagine peggy could snipe base vehemence just fine.
    Succubi derive more power from being directly involved with sexytimes - I assume Vehemence derives more power from being directly involved with violence. But ok.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #518

SamuraiGuy

All of the big heroes are vulnerable to bullets from behind. I don't think we've seen any evidence that Max, Vehemence, Dabbler, or Halo have special senses that let them "feel" a bullet coming faster than sound from behind.

And don't limit yourself to .50 caliber rifles. Consider an A-10 approaching Maxima from behind and lighting her up with 30 mm bullets doing over 3,000 feet per second (3x speed of sound). Yes, she can catch handgun rounds that she can see. But can she grab a bullet that's already penetrating her skin? And at the rate of fire of a GAU-8, by the time the first bullet touches her there's a few dozen on the way.

Now, she has demonstrated astonishing reflexes. OTOH, Hench Wench was able to teleport into water, and then teleport away before Max could react. If she doesn't know what's going on and has to decide what to do, it takes time to think - in fact, I don't think she thinks, per se, any faster than anyone else.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

9. - Top - End - #519

"Glace pour te rencontrer" (title of strip 1083) is google translate for "ice to meet you", but of course since google translate doesn't understand puns, it parsed the sentence as "ice that has the purpose of meeting you"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Or it might not. We don't really know. Probably best to assume it does.
    certainly safest to assume its the case. As you really dont want to miss.

As for max, she isnt superman. The rest of arcswat could take her down. We already know that dabbler was able to force her into turtle mode. We also know that jiggawatts power was able to injure her outside of said turtle mode. By forcing her to stat dump into durability to withstand various attacks, she loses out on her ability to fly, blast, or use super strength, which means she is vulnerable to whatever take down methods they might have such as knockout gas or others.
    Max is close enough to Superman the difference is basically academic for anyone not at Iron man tier or something along that line.
    And no thats not entirely correct. Max has a baseline level level of power thats about spiderman tier. And the ability to boost one single attribute to Thor tier (authors own words).
    When she does so with toughness she still have the baseline flight and strenght. She can also draw upon her other attributes to boost a stat even further. But she didnt need to do so with toughness.
    (compare diagrams comic 273 and 283).

Also if your thinking of 286 its Vehemence who had the ability to damage Max out of turtle mode. Its his color lightning not Jiggawats.
    So in conclusion i find it highly unlikely the team is able to press her so badly she loses the ability to just fly away.

All of the big heroes are vulnerable to bullets from behind. I don't think we've seen any evidence that Max, Vehemence, Dabbler, or Halo have special senses that let them "feel" a bullet coming faster than sound from behind.

And don't limit yourself to .50 caliber rifles. Consider an A-10 approaching Maxima from behind and lighting her up with 30 mm bullets doing over 3,000 feet per second (3x speed of sound). Yes, she can catch handgun rounds that she can see. But can she grab a bullet that's already penetrating her skin? And at the rate of fire of a GAU-8, by the time the first bullet touches her there's a few dozen on the way.
    Max dont need a special sense to feel the bullet. Or to catch it. When it dont have the penetrative power to actually hurt her.
    I think your underestimating just what tier of super power she posses. Yes she is a lightweight version of Superman.
    Thats comic book Superman. It means a nuke -might- work if it catches her off guard. And basically hits her dead center.
    The GAU-8? its unlikely to even ruin her clothes due to her force field.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Max dont need a special sense to feel the bullet. Or to catch it. When it dont have the penetrative power to actually hurt her.
    I think your underestimating just what tier of super power she posses. Yes she is a lightweight version of Superman.
    Thats comic book Superman. It means a nuke -might- work if it catches her off guard. And basically hits her dead center.
    She's shown clothing damage from much weaker attacks (including -sand- from fighting Darude just now, which also notably polished her skin.. which requires at least some ability to abrade the surface you're polishing so she's not even fully immune to the sandstorm), so I think you're rather drastically overestimating the durability of her defenses there... although a good part of that is just author fetishism in the art and probably should not be taken as evidence of how tough Maxima's actual body is; it's mostly an excuse to A: randomly expose bits of Maxima's skin because Dave would really rather be drawing erotica, and B: not actually have Maxima be naked all the time so it can still be a PG/PG13 rated comic.

She'd absolutely be wrecked by a nuke if she didn't get prepped for tanking it.. but we don't actually know Maxima's 'default' power arrangement. Could be possible she has Armor set high normally just in case she gets ambushed by something, it'd be the safe choice to be ready to absorb a surprise hit and still be in fighting shape to figure out what the correct allotment would be to handle the threat. (Actually about the only reason I can think of not to do that is if assigning her energy pool is in itself somehow taxing, and when she is in a 'safe' environment she'd just leave it unassigned because it's more comfortable that way.)

12. - Top - End - #522

certainly safest to assume its the case. As you really dont want to miss.

Max is close enough to Superman the difference is basically academic for anyone not at Iron man tier or something along that line.
    And no thats not entirely correct. Max has a baseline level level of power thats about spiderman tier. And the ability to boost one single attribute to Thor tier (authors own words).
    When she does so with toughness she still have the baseline flight and strenght. She can also draw upon her other attributes to boost a stat even further. But she didnt need to do so with toughness.
    (compare diagrams comic 273 and 283).

Also if your thinking of 286 its Vehemence who had the ability to damage Max out of turtle mode. Its his color lightning not Jiggawats.
    So in conclusion i find it highly unlikely the team is able to press her so badly she loses the ability to just fly away.

She isnt even remotely superman level. Her base stats make her spiderman tier? Ok, thats fine. Arcswat has SEVERAL people capable of outmuscling spiderman. Hiro and stalwart are both capable of strength feats in the space shuttle lifting range. Which is more than spiderman can normally lift by a few times over. The point is forcing her to stat dump into durability means the rest of her abilities are weak enough to handle by the rest of arcswat. She can be restrained at that point because while her durability might match thor, her strength speed flight and blasting power do not. Stalwart hiro and maybe even anvil if they help her ramp up a bit as well, could each physically hold her down in turtle mode while whatever knockout method they decide on gets used.

As for nukes, nope. In the super brawl she got slightly hurt by boom boom mc explodey lady or whatever her name was. It was enough to blow through her outfit and make her think that it really hurt. And it was only enough to blow a tank in half. So off guard I think a standard cruise missile would be enough to take her down. Or at least injure her big time. No need for nukes.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

She isnt even remotely superman level. Her base stats make her spiderman tier? Ok, thats fine. Arcswat has SEVERAL people capable of outmuscling spiderman. Hiro and stalwart are both capable of strength feats in the space shuttle lifting range. Which is more than spiderman can normally lift by a few times over. The point is forcing her to stat dump into durability means the rest of her abilities are weak enough to handle by the rest of arcswat. She can be restrained at that point because while her durability might match thor, her strength speed flight and blasting power do not. Stalwart hiro and maybe even anvil if they help her ramp up a bit as well, could each physically hold her down in turtle mode while whatever knockout method they decide on gets used.

As for nukes, nope. In the super brawl she got slightly hurt by boom boom mc explodey lady or whatever her name was. It was enough to blow through her outfit and make her think that it really hurt. And it was only enough to blow a tank in half. So off guard I think a standard cruise missile would be enough to take her down. Or at least injure her big time. No need for nukes.
    Unless Tyckspoon is right and Maxima's 'default' allocation is a really high defense just in case she walks into an ambush.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Unless Tyckspoon is right and Maxima's 'default' allocation is a really high defense just in case she walks into an ambush.
    We have no way of knowing as its literally whatever dave wants her to have at any point in time. Its just as easy to point out that maxima was actually IN A FIGHT at the time when atomic bombshell hurt her with a tank buster level attack. And im sure you could poke a thousand holes in my stated plan, but thats just theory crafting back and forth and not really proof either way. The main point is that she is far from untouchable. She isnt some planet juggling oscar statue with boobs. She is strong yes, but not unbeatable. There is no "ALL IS LOST!!!!" moment if maxima turns. Its a really bad day yeah, but not the end of the world and is something fixable.

15. - Top - End - #525

SamuraiGuy

We have no way of knowing as its literally whatever dave wants her to have at any point in time. Its just as easy to point out that maxima was actually IN A FIGHT at the time when atomic bombshell hurt her with a tank buster level attack. And im sure you could poke a thousand holes in my stated plan, but thats just theory crafting back and forth and not really proof either way. The main point is that she is far from untouchable. She isnt some planet juggling oscar statue with boobs. She is strong yes, but not unbeatable. There is no "ALL IS LOST!!!!" moment if maxima turns. Its a really bad day yeah, but not the end of the world and is something fixable.
    This is true, that her powers are "What does the story need" rather than published in the GP Monster Manual.

It's also possible that her default setting is "Armored", just in case.

Colorless odorless poisonous gas? That she might be vulnerable to.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

She's shown clothing damage from much weaker attacks (including -sand- from fighting Darude just now, which also notably polished her skin.. which requires at least some ability to abrade the surface you're polishing so she's not even fully immune to the sandstorm), so I think you're rather drastically overestimating the durability of her defenses there... although a good part of that is just author fetishism in the art and probably should not be taken as evidence of how tough Maxima's actual body is; it's mostly an excuse to A: randomly expose bits of Maxima's skin because Dave would really rather be drawing erotica, and B: not actually have Maxima be naked all the time so it can still be a PG/PG13 rated comic.
    Objection! Said sandstorm wasnt a natural sandstorm. It was another massively powerful super doing his very best to grind Max down. So we cant actually say much from that regarding durability.

She'd absolutely be wrecked by a nuke if she didn't get prepped for tanking it.. but we don't actually know Maxima's 'default' power arrangement. Could be possible she has Armor set high normally just in case she gets ambushed by something, it'd be the safe choice to be ready to absorb a surprise hit and still be in fighting shape to figure out what the correct allotment would be to handle the threat. (Actually about the only reason I can think of not to do that is if assigning her energy pool is in itself somehow taxing, and when she is in a 'safe' environment she'd just leave it unassigned because it's more comfortable that way.)
    We actually know Max's default power distribution from the author blog. Its armor and strenght. Or Armor, strenght and flight.
    So clearly its not as such taxing on her, more like wear the sock on your right or left foot.
    Hence it only being possibly a point blank nuke is enough. Its not enough to take care of comic Thor or Hulk. Is it enough for Max? Well perhaps?

Second objection!
    It does not matter what her base stats are. When her pool allows her to boost them massively. From Spiderman to Thor tier (authors clarrification. From the old Marvel RPG).
    Hence. In most cases Thor tier durability is -massive- overkill and it will be possible for her to divert suitable power into strenght or speed.
    At least, im very uncertain about what effect would push her into tank mode, that dont accidentially kill Hiro or Stalvart from friendly fire.
    (it should also be noted, that spiderman level super speed makes it unlikely for Hiro to be able to grapple her, even if she were in tank mode)

It was not only enough to blow a tank in half. It was enough to blow a tank in half. It might seem like a pedantic distinction. But its kinda vital. As its the difference between upper and lower bound of the shaped charge.
    But its kinda hard to find a tougher frame of reference than blowing a tank up. That she called it a shaped charge certainly makes it sound like its an attack with high armor penetration.

There is no "ALL IS LOST!!!!" moment if maxima turns. Its a really bad day yeah, but not the end of the world and is something fixable.
    The main reason its not "all is lost" if Max turn, is the existance of "trick" supers like For Whom the Bell Tolls. Or supers with an unknown power celling like Vehemence or HencWrench (who i still think is dumb).
    Also that she isnt immune to mental attacks.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2022-09-14 at 04:00 AM.

17. - Top - End - #527

SamuraiGuy

If Max can be damaged by an attack that blows a tank in half, she's damaged by a GAU-8. Punching holes in tanks is what they do (and then the molten slug bounces around inside the tank and sets things afire). Or a Javelin. Or a recoilless rifle. Maybe not to the same degree as "blow tank in half" attack, but she can be worn down by these - and like I said earlier, a GAU-8 fires a stream of bullets. E.G., if "blow a tank in half" does 20 HP damage, a GAU-8 slug ought to do 2, and a Javelin 5.

Or get her to fly really fast and plunk an invisible force field barrier in front of her. Irresistible Max meets immovable force field, that might leave a mark.

Or, perhaps, a magical attack that bypasses her physical defenses. Can she be polymorphed into a snail? Turned to stone? Could a vampire with sufficiently sharp fangs drain her blood?

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

If Max can be damaged by an attack that blows a tank in half, she's damaged by a GAU-8. Punching holes in tanks is what they do (and then the molten slug bounces around inside the tank and sets things afire). Or a Javelin. Or a recoilless rifle. Maybe not to the same degree as "blow tank in half" attack, but she can be worn down by these - and like I said earlier, a GAU-8 fires a stream of bullets. E.G., if "blow a tank in half" does 20 HP damage, a GAU-8 slug ought to do 2, and a Javelin 5.
    To repeat myself. Being able to blow a tank up is just the lower bound for the shaped charge.
    If a shaped charge does 200 hp damage it will still cut a 20 hp tank in half. It will also just cut a tank shaped block of titanium in half.
    We have at no point been informed cutting a tank in half is the peak of what the shaped charge can do. Only that its the minimum.

And from earlier author explanations of power levels we know Max is sitting somewhere between spiderman tier and thor tier in strenght, durability and flight by default.
    So that confirms the shaped charge could cut a -lot- more than just a tank. Since thats the point where conventional weapons isnt viable.

As mentioned before. Thor tier is where you face tank a nuke and just complain about a ringing in the ears.
    There are a VERY long way from there, down to a GAU-8.

Or get her to fly really fast and plunk an invisible force field barrier in front of her. Irresistible Max meets immovable force field, that might leave a mark.
    Sadly needs an actually immoveable force field for that. We dont know any supers with the power set for that.
    And seems kinda hard to make her fly into the field. It would need to be Darude sized.

We dont directly know any supers with petrification powers.
    Max does seem immune to a lot of things. Like Varia's gestalt power.

But at the same time. Hench Wench's dumb power does mean its possible to tailor a solution for basically anyone.
    Unless it has limitations we dont know.

19. - Top - End - #529

To repeat myself. Being able to blow a tank up is just the lower bound for the shaped charge.
    If a shaped charge does 200 hp damage it will still cut a 20 hp tank in half. It will also just cut a tank shaped block of titanium in half.
    We have at no point been informed cutting a tank in half is the peak of what the shaped charge can do. Only that its the minimum.

And from earlier author explanations of power levels we know Max is sitting somewhere between spiderman tier and thor tier in strenght, durability and flight by default.
    So that confirms the shaped charge could cut a -lot- more than just a tank. Since thats the point where conventional weapons isnt viable.

As mentioned before. Thor tier is where you face tank a nuke and just complain about a ringing in the ears.
    There are a VERY long way from there, down to a GAU-8.

Sadly needs an actually immoveable force field for that. We dont know any supers with the power set for that.
    And seems kinda hard to make her fly into the field. It would need to be Darude sized.

We dont directly know any supers with petrification powers.
    Max does seem immune to a lot of things. Like Varia's gestalt power.

But at the same time. Hench Wench's dumb power does mean its possible to tailor a solution for basically anyone.
    Unless it has limitations we dont know.
    Small thing first, pretty sure max is immune to varia because she has that damage barrier effect going on that avoids direct skin contact. Its an automatic thing as far as we can tell and it basically protects her clothes up to a point (roughly between tank and building destroying levels going by her sudden crop top and nude scene with hiro.)

As for the bigger thing, I think you are making WAY too big an assumption about bombshell and her shaped charge. You are assuming thats the minimum of what it can do and that doesnt really fit the context of her statement. She was mind blown because her attack didnt kill maxima, so when she complains, it makes more sense that she would highball the destructive power of her attack to illustrate how bs it is that max took that without a bruise. You dont go "WHAAAA?!?!" Thats nonsense! Those 12 pounds of c-4 could easily blow up a fridge!" Instead you go "WHAAAA?! Thats nonsense! Those 12 pounds of c-4 could easily bring down a house!" (Or whatever the high end of the potential destructive power of c-4 happens to be,) So to me its more likely that her shaped charge tops out roughly around the tank destroying level or maybe a bit above, but not to whatever would be next on the destruction scale. Otherwise she would have used THAT to describe how messed up it is that her attack didnt work.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

As for the bigger thing, I think you are making WAY too big an assumption about bombshell and her shaped charge. You are assuming thats the minimum of what it can do and that doesnt really fit the context of her statement. She was mind blown because her attack didnt kill maxima, so when she complains, it makes more sense that she would highball the destructive power of her attack to illustrate how bs it is that max took that without a bruise. You dont go "WHAAAA?!?!" Thats nonsense! Those 12 pounds of c-4 could easily blow up a fridge!" Instead you go "WHAAAA?! Thats nonsense! Those 12 pounds of c-4 could easily bring down a house!" (Or whatever the high end of the potential destructive power of c-4 happens to be,) So to me its more likely that her shaped charge tops out roughly around the tank destroying level or maybe a bit above, but not to whatever would be next on the destruction scale. Otherwise she would have used THAT to describe how messed up it is that her attack didnt work.
    I don't remember the comic in question, but shaped charges are by intention very directional. A bazooka does less damage to things around the target than a hand grenade, though the bazooka probably contains a lot more explosive.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Small thing first, pretty sure max is immune to varia because she has that damage barrier effect going on that avoids direct skin contact. Its an automatic thing as far as we can tell and it basically protects her clothes up to a point (roughly between tank and building destroying levels going by her sudden crop top and nude scene with hiro.)
    Yeah. And so in turn its not implausible that force field also block other stuff.

I think its a way bigger assumption to assume that whatever frustrated thing Atomic Bombshell yelled out upon seeing her attack fail, was an accurate upper limit on her attack, instead of just -a- thing she could have exploded.
    Especially since a tank is both about the toughest target its plausible she could have tested her attack on. And the quickest way to let us know that was a really strong attack, without breaking up the flow of the comic.

This is supported by the direct word of god we have on what tier Max's abilities are in.
    So. On one hand we have a frustrated comment made by a pissed off Atomic Bombshell. On the other hand we have the author directly stating Max is normally just a step below comic Thor in durability.
    It seems rather easy to decide what statement carries the most weight here. And the conclusion then becomes Atomic Bombshell could have wrecked tougher targets than a tank with that attack.
    Even if she didnt know due to not having tested it on anything tougher.

22. - Top - End - #532

Yeah. And so in turn its not implausible that force field also block other stuff.

I think its a way bigger assumption to assume that whatever frustrated thing Atomic Bombshell yelled out upon seeing her attack fail, was an accurate upper limit on her attack, instead of just -a- thing she could have exploded.
    Especially since a tank is both about the toughest target its plausible she could have tested her attack on. And the quickest way to let us know that was a really strong attack, without breaking up the flow of the comic.

This is supported by the direct word of god we have on what tier Max's abilities are in.
    So. On one hand we have a frustrated comment made by a pissed off Atomic Bombshell. On the other hand we have the author directly stating Max is normally just a step below comic Thor in durability.
    It seems rather easy to decide what statement carries the most weight here. And the conclusion then becomes Atomic Bombshell could have wrecked tougher targets than a tank with that attack.
    Even if she didnt know due to not having tested it on anything tougher.
    Shes a step below comic thor in one stat if she dumps into it. Not in general. My conclusion is still accurate. She is durable, but unless she focuses on it, she can be injured with non nuke weaponry. And I fully disagree with your interpretation of what atomic bombshell was capable of. You dont lowball your own capabilities when you are expressing shock that they failed. Maxima is not a god. Arcswat could take her on at need. It would SUCK and be a really tough battle, but she doesnt walk away with the win in the end barring author fiat. She has had a confirmed stalemate with dabbler, was nearly flat out killed by vehemence, and barely won the first fight she had with darude. Her limits have been at least somewhat established and they do not exceed what she would be facing.

23. - Top - End - #533

That was an excellent reveal! It made perfect sense and was only obvious in hindsight! Also, thats a very cool design.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

That was an excellent reveal! It made perfect sense and was only obvious in hindsight! Also, thats a very cool design.
    Considering how she reacted to werewolves and vampires, yes. Her literacy in hentai might have helped in making her consider wider range of looks as normal.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

This was really cool, I like the sort of beholder style eyes design, and I love how Sydney is just low key accepting of the weirdness in a kind of wholesome way.

:EDIT: Wait I just read the authors comments, Cthilia is a girl? I swore someone used male pronouns for her at some point?
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2022-09-22 at 12:03 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that Cthilia's eyes come pretty close to matching Halo's orbs?*

*with the exception that Halo has 7 orbs and she only has 6 eyes. And 2 are yellow.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    This was really cool, I like the sort of beholder style eyes design, and I love how Sydney is just low key accepting of the weirdness in a kind of wholesome way.

:EDIT: Wait I just read the authors comments, Cthilia is a girl? I swore someone used male pronouns for her at some point?
    Considering that nobody has a clue who Cthilia is, people used pronouns based on a rather random guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Is it just me or did anyone else notice that Cthilia's eyes come pretty close to matching Halo's orbs?*

*with the exception that Halo has 7 orbs and she only has 6 eyes. And 2 are yellow.
    I think that is largely a coincidence - if you want many vibrant and distinct colors, there is not that much choice.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I'd thought the same thing before when they were mentioned as a girl in commentary, but as far as I could find, it had literally never come up in-comic and had only been in author's commentary.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

29. - Top - End - #539

SamuraiGuy

If Hiro does not know which members of Arc were on-base at the time of the assault, and be able to account for them, he's due for a demotion. Or at a minimum, the accounting is priority #1 and ongoing. Given that the baddies were trying to take prisoners. And that very much includes the team in the basement.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    If Hiro does not know which members of Arc were on-base at the time of the assault, and be able to account for them, he's due for a demotion. Or at a minimum, the accounting is priority #1 and ongoing. Given that the baddies were trying to take prisoners. And that very much includes the team in the basement.
    Why him not knowing this would even be an option? He is a competent military member and nothing suggests, he would forget about basic duties of being in command.

That being said, does this mean this fight has ended, or Hiro does not know yet about this attempt at more covert attack?

edit: and I fully support Arianna's reaction to this whole fight.
    Last edited by Radar; 2022-09-26 at 06:05 AM.