New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

R3T19: Fronaldo continues his assault on the monster; spitting a litany of curses in Goblin. This time he stabs the thing in the knee of its rear leg for 33 + hampered, but learns that Sersheelda's roaring boon is a one-shot deal. He then stabs into the side of its chest, but even as it deals with Xhanfaerd struggling in its mouth, the second strike hits only thick, hardened scales.

R3T14: Aron has to recover her breath a little, but continues dancing and defensively casts a spell upon herself. She then uses her dance for more acrobatic flair as she attempts to open distance. With Xhanfaerd held, she simply moves away a little bit in the mud.

R3T13: The dire crocodile's powerful muscular action compresses on the unfortunates inside its body. Xhanfaerd senses the sudden psychic disconnection as Harrim's life force is snuffed out - the priest of endings has met his own - and the Magaambyan is able to firmly hold his mind against the psychic enervation that sometimes comes with that. Book also is compressed for significant pain. All of this muscular contraction doesn't help the crocodile, necessarily as its blood is almost pressed out of its foreleg and back knee for 4 bleed. The creature does as before, and now Xhanfaerd is swallowed whole as well, taking 22 as he is gnashed and gnawed and goes into the void of the beast.

R3T7: Xhanfaerd, you have been swallowed. What do you do?

Sersheelda on deck, Book in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-06-21 at 04:28 PM.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Still channeling damage to himself, Xhanfaerd grabs one of his arrows, using the arrowhead to stab the beast's innards.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Basically, I'm using an arrowhead as an improvised piercing weapon.
    Move action to draw it, standard action to stab with it.

Attack - (1d20+13)[17]
    Damage - (1d2+5)[7]

Spoiler: Reactions
    Show
    Still redirecting damage on Book to myself, spending pp accordingly.
    Last edited by silphael; 2023-06-22 at 12:25 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #663

R3T7: Though he thinks about channeling damage to himself, it seems Xhanfaerd's entire focus is struggling in the extremely tight quarters just to try and grab an arrow from his quiver ... a task which his struggles fail to accomplish as he can barely move while being squeezed.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T26:
    Sersheelda ducks her head underwater. She does a single focused strike that hits the side of the monster for 9 + 1 force.

R4T22: Book, you can barely move in here. What do you do?
    Show
    Because you had to pay it forward with a IA>>>SwA previously from Dodging Panache, you did NOT get your Lucky Strike ability "activated."

Fronaldo on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book thinks to himself, "Another point for the need to carry a dagger..." and tries again to get his sidearm out. Aiming this time not up but in front of him, hoping not to hit Harrrim and fires twice.

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show

SA: Attempt to draw sidearm

If roll fails, use Turn of Fate (Su): 1/day, he can reroll any failed roll he has just made. He must accept the results of the second roll.

SwA: Enact Lucky Strike (Su): 1/ minute, SwA, he can apply a true strike effect to the next single attack he makes before his next turn.

Attack 1 w/ RS: (1d20+14)[32]

Attack 2 w/ RS: (1d20+9)[16]

Dmg 1: (1d8+5)[10]

Dmg 2: (1d8+5)[10]

Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #665

R4T22: Book thinks to himself, "Another point for the need to carry a dagger..." and tries again to get his sidearm out. His first attempt is truly valiant, but he realizes he would have to be insanely lucky to even have a chance, and he feels some of his luck (confidence) already draining from him, so he thinks for a second, ready to try again .... this time with all cookies on the line for the next attempt.

R4T19: Fronaldo, what do you do?

Aron on deck, Sarcosuchus in the hole ...
    Show

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“HOLD ON!!”

The diminutive goblin rogue continues to slash away at the mighty behemoth.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

FAA, risky strike
    + 2 attack from guile pool point, +1 attack goblin Foolhardiness trait, +2 flank (not included)
    tohit1 - (1d20+14)[26]
    todam1 - (1d3+13)[14] plus sneak (4d8)[18] and hampered
    tohit2 - (1d20+9)[10]
    todam2 - (1d3+13)[15] plus sneak (4d8)[16] and hampered.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2023-06-22 at 09:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fumble roll check
    (1d20)[19]

8. - Top - End - #668

R4T19:
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    “HOLD ON!!”
    The diminutive goblin rogue continues to slash away at the mighty behemoth, cutting it in between some of its scales for 32 with one attempt, and missing the other. The monster cries in pain.

R4T14: Though the number of participants that see her dance has dwindled, Aron maintains her dance, casts a spell on herself, and steps back.

R4T13: The beast takes 4 bleed from several wounds now even as muscular contraction forces those within to be crushed more. Intense crushing power closes on Book, but the damage is instantly taken in by Xhanfaerd, who in turn burns as much mental power as possible so as not to actually feel Book's harm upon himself. Meanwhile, the crushing effect on Xhanfaerd is much less intense, as he takes 18. The big, bleeding croc, not realizing it is already doomed, looks down upon the green-skinned creature that has given it so much trouble. It bites Fronaldo about the chest for 26 + grabbed. As he his held in place, the tail rips out of the water to strike Fronaldo in the lower abdomen to crush the goblin's intestines for 38 (+ 1 CON bleed)!

R4T7: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Trapped inside, Xhanfaerd attempts to move toward the beast's mouth to break free.

Show
    I'll attempt to break out of the swallow whole.

CMB - (1d20+13)[33]

Spoiler: Martyrdom
    Show
    I'll redirect damage from Fronaldo to myself, burning as much PP as possible to reduce it.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

10. - Top - End - #670

R4T7: Trapped inside, Xhanfaerd attempts to move toward the beast's mouth to break free. He doesn't break free, but through pure luck, he forces his way up to the mouth, right next to Fronaldo!

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T26:
    Popping her shark-head up from below the water, special magical fabric on her knuckles glow ever brighter as she strikes the giant croc for 9 + 3 force.

R5T22: Book, your lucky strike is active. What do you do?

Fronaldo on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-06-25 at 07:03 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book is going to give it his all and try once more to draw his sidearm and point it down, firing twice.

Show

SA: Draw Sidearm using Lucky Strike

Attack 1 using RS: (1d20+14)[26]

Attack 2 Using RS: (1d20+9)[22]

Dmg 1: (1d3+11)[13]

Dmg 2: (1d3+11)[14]

Last edited by BuckGodot; 2023-06-26 at 02:37 PM.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

12. - Top - End - #672

R5T22: Book tries to give it his all, but all of his luck fails to help him extricate his gun from its holder.

R5T19: Fronaldo, you feel funny in your guts, but you take no more damage. You and Xhanfaerd are both held fast in the monster's jaws. What do you do?

In the meantime, Xhanfaerd burns significant mental energy with his martyrdom.

Aron on deck, Sarcosuchus in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“With my final breath, I stab at the!” screams Fronaldo. His tiny dagger flashes out at the crocs head twice, seeking a vital spot. “Oh! Hi Zhan.”
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

FAA, risky strike, guile Pt. +2 attack
    to hit1 - (1d20+14)[24]
    todam1 - (1d3+13)[14]
    to hit2 - (1d20+9)[10]
    todam2 - (1d3+13)[14]

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fumble save roll (sigh)

(1d20)[10]

15. - Top - End - #675

R5T19: “With my final breath, I stab at the!” screams Fronaldo. His tiny dagger flashes out at the croc's head twice, the first landing in a vital spot to its skull through the upper palate for 12.

“Oh! Hi Zhan,”Fronaldo says distractedly on the second attack as he notices his friend. The attack is half-hearted, but it seems it was enough anyway as the tension throughout the croc's body relaxes and it drops. Its long snout extends and smashes down on its own eggs, but also is such that it keeps from submerging the mouth and flooding out Book.

R5T14: Seeing the massive monster drop and go inert, Aron stops her dance and delays ...

R5T13: Fronaldo has to work to get his dagger out of the roof of the croc's mouth, and in doing so, blood pours into the mouth and starts running into wherever Book is.

R5T7: Xhanfaerd, you are in the croc's mouth (which is closed, and therefore it is dark). What do you do?

Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective
    Show

“Come help Zhan!”

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Standing up, Xhanfaerd pushes the jaws apart to help the others out.

"Book ! Come that way !"

18. - Top - End - #678

Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    “Come help Zhan!”

R5T7:
    Standing up, Xhanfaerd tries pushes the jaws apart to help the others out. He pushes up to create pressure in the upper palate, but does not pull the jaws apart with one arm and a shoulder (as he is still carrying his earthbreaker). Still, it is wider than it was. "Book! Come this way!"

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T22:
    Book, the sides of the dire crocodile are ripped open and swamp water rushes into completely immerse you at your point! You manage to take a breath before being fully underwater inside the beast. You heard someone yelling, but it seems like where the water came from would be an easier than trying to climb out the way you came. What do you do?

Fronaldo on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book tries to climb out through the gator gate that just opened up… (where the water started coming, for clarification…)

20. - Top - End - #680

R6T22: At this point, it's less about climbing and more about swimming, but Book gets out easily into the very murky water and to the surface before quickly finding squishy "land" to stand on at the water's edge.

R6T19: Fronaldo, your guts are back to hurting you badly, as you take another 1 CON bleed. It's too much. With his severe injuries, he passes out from significant internal hemorrhaging.

R6T7: Xhanfaerd, you are sure you could grab Fronaldo and press out the mouth, but just trying to lift the mouth isn't going to work right as the muscles of the jaw have relaxed and will just "tent" over you. Though you can't see him, Fronaldo is right next to you and you can feel him. He has gone limp for some reason. What do you do?

Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Grabbing Fronaldo, Xhanfaerd tries to press out the mouth, channeling any further harm suffered by Fronaldo to himself.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    Fronaldo needs immediate help, we're inside the mouth !

Show
    Outside taking any damage suffered by Fronaldo myself, no idea what kind of action the rest is.

22. - Top - End - #682

R6T7: Grabbing Fronaldo, Xhanfaerd tries to press out the mouth, channeling any further harm suffered by Fronaldo to himself.
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    "Fronaldo needs immediate help, we're inside the mouth!"

With Fronaldo in one hand, and his earthbreaker in the other, Xhanfaerd finds shimmying out of the mouth difficult. He is half in/out of the mouth with his precious cargo.

R6T6: Aron moves forward from her position, slowed by the swamp and not yet in the water.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T26:
    Sersheelda-the-adaro swims deftly to the mouth and changes back into her normal form, standing in the water by Xhanfaerd and Fronaldo.

R7T22: Book, you will find the water you are in to be more difficult than your sure-footedness alone can handle, and will be slowed as you try to get out of the soupy water. What do you do?

Fronaldo on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole....
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book staggers west onto the shore and kneels down to catch his breath.

Show

MA: Move west 2 squares.
    Full stealth.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Letting go of his hammer, Xhanfaerd keeps pulling Fronaldo out.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    Get ready to stop his bleeding, I'm not sure he'll stay with us for long !

25. - Top - End - #685

R7T22: Book staggers west onto the shore and kneels down to catch his breath.

R7T19: Fronaldo continues to deteriorate rapidly (1 CON bleed, 1 bleed dying).

R7T7: Letting go of his hammer, Xhanfaerd keeps pulling Fronaldo out into Sersheelda's waiting arms.
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    "Get ready to stop his bleeding, I'm not sure he'll stay with us for long!"

R7T6: Aron steps over and casts her most powerful spell on him for 24 healing, bringing Fronaldo to consciousness.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T26:
    Impressing everyone with the enormous strength in her little body, Sersheelda pushes through the muck to get to shore and lays Fronaldo gently down.

R8T22: Book, with Harrim gone, you are the best healer in the group. There appears to be no apparent danger, though Fronaldo is still in critical condition, but no longer apparently dying. What do you do?

Fronaldo on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book crosses to Fronaldo and draws his wand of CLW. He looks him over and touches him with the wand.

"Hold it together, buddy."he says, a rare flash of true concern passes over his face.

Show
    MA: One square west
    Use wand until he seems more stable.

Asses for healing.

27. - Top - End - #687

R8T22: Book crosses to Fronaldo and draws his wand of CLW. He looks him over and touches him with the wand for 4 healing. "Hold it together, buddy," he says, a rare flash of true concern passes over his face.

R8T19: Fronaldo, your gut hurts badly, but doesn't worsen, but that's because at the exact same moment, Xhanfaerd grunts in pain from his position in the dead croc's mouth as he suffers 1 CON. You are prone. What do you do?

Xhanfaerd on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“I don’t feel so good. My tummy hurts….bad. The healing magic isn’t helping my stomach but it’s not getting worse.”
    The little green maniac looks pale and bedraggled; covered head to toe in blood and dire crocodile saliva.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2023-07-06 at 01:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689

R8T19: “I don’t feel so good. My tummy hurts….bad. The healing magic isn’t helping my stomach but it’s not getting worse.”The little green maniac looks pale and bedraggled, covered head to toe in blood and dire crocodile saliva.

R8T7: Xhanfaerd, what do you do? You are halfway out of the croc's mouth.

Aron on deck, Sersheelda in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

After shuffling around for his weapon, Xhanfaerd pulls out of the maw.