New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 14: The DM is not my therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Oh, I'm currently brainstorming how to make it an Imperium Maledictum adventure. I'm trying to obfuscate it without going to the ridiculous extents of 'awareness elixir'...
    Concept 1. It is a Khornate cult. Drinking it keeps you calm and alert. Withdrawal turns you into a raging murderous sadist who will do anything to get their ‘awareness elixir’. Their plan is to hook everyone in special shops that offer comfy couches and free wi-fi and then suddenly withdraw the eluxir, comfy couches and free wi-fi.
    Last edited by Pauly; 2023-10-10 at 05:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 14: The DM is not my therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Concept 1. It is a Khornate cult. Drinking it keeps you calm and alert. Withdrawal turns you into a raging murderous sadist who will do anything to get their ‘awareness elixir’. Their plan is to hook everyone in special shops that offer comfy couches and free wi-fi and then suddenly withdraw the eluxir, comfy couches and free wi-fi.
    The current plan is to send them after a 'dangerous ancient and heretical machine' that the Inquisitor is definitely not planning to exploit. Then I'll see how many times I can describe the espresso maker before they clock on.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

The current plan is to send them after a 'dangerous ancient and heretical machine' that the Inquisitor is definitely not planning to exploit. Then I'll see how many times I can describe the espresso maker before they clock on.
    I wonder if that'd count as... what were those called again? STCs? It is Grimderp40K we're talking about...
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I remember in one of the Ciaphas Cain books, Amberly describes a popsicle as if it were a completely alien concept and ends her description with "I know it sounds strange, but it's really quite refreshing"
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2023-10-11 at 07:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I wonder if that'd count as... what were those called again? STCs? It is Grimderp40K we're talking about...
    Oh, the Adeptus Mechanics almost certainly wants the device. Probably the Dark Mechanics as well, ideally I can have this end with a at minimum four way firefight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    I remember in one of the Ciaphas Cain books, Amberly describes a popsicle as if it were a completely alien concept and ends her description with "I know it sounds strange, but it's really quite refreshing"
    Oh sure, coffee's probably common among those on hoity toity paradise worlds, but they're all using cafetieres.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Colossus in the Playground

*I'm not allowed to make the adventure transparently just the plot of Smokey and the Bandit.
    **I have to at least know more about the plot than the lyrics of Eastbound and Down.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Oh sure, coffee's probably common among those on hoity toity paradise worlds, but they're all using cafetieres.
    You mean tanna? Ciaphas Cain drinks that all the time, it can't be that rare, pending how real Cain himself is in universe.

* May not make the rotom the dungeon master for a recursive roleplaying campaign with a roleplaying campaign
    ** May not make Revavrooms into commonly used cars in pokemon world
    *** or popularize Cyclizars in all regions
    **** using charjabug as batteries is poor taste
    ***** even if the anime used pikachus as emergency power in like, the second episode ever
    ****** may not breed rolycoly to fuel coal powered engines
    ******* may not make a poison/fire grimer variant that is oil and can be used to fuel oil stuff
    ******** I may however come up with a solar panel pokemon to power things
    ********* May not invent Voldisc, a landmine variant of voltorb that is flatter
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

You mean tanna? Ciaphas Cain drinks that all the time, it can't be that rare, pending how real Cain himself is in universe.
    Tanna is made from leaves so it's probably more like some kind of awful tea that only he seems to like. Coffee in 40k is called "recaf". It allso seems that the quest for coffee is already a short story in the 40k universe.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Firbolg in the Playground

*The demon should either speak common or not speak it. He shouldn't consult a phrasebook and berate the cleric with unintelligible garbled insults like "in below your mother lick the rooster"
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2023-10-14 at 08:03 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    *The demon should either speak common or not speak it. He shouldn't consult a phrasebook and berate the cleric with unintelligible garbled insults like "in below your mother lick the rooster"
    The sad thing is, after a few seconds I get it.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #401

*No crude double-entendres about Richard Pickman's name
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2023-10-16 at 05:21 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

* It doesn't matter if they just got up, Chaos Cultists do not chant 'milk for the Khorne Flakes'.

Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

What about coffee?

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

What about coffee?
    Joe for the Joe cup.

Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

* May no longer accept free drinks from fire-anarchist cultists.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2023-10-22 at 11:29 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    * May no longer accept free drinks from chaotic fire-anarchist cultists.
    ** (from my other party) or from arch-succubi with agendas. Even if they are very tasty.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

* The Imperium of Man does not empower citizens to roam the depths of space and sell makeup to xenos.

Show

18. - Top - End - #408

* The Imperium of Man does not empower citizens to roam the depths of space and sell makeup to xenos.
    ** Your space marine chapter is not just trying to sell cookies to the chaos cultists.
    *** The chaos cultists are not trying to get you to join their pyramid scheme.
    **** I'm sorry, "Multi-level marketing opportunity"
    ***** The Tau do not make the best cookies.
    ****** The Eldar might run a variety of health spas. You don't want the services they provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    ** Your space marine chapter is not just trying to sell cookies to the chaos cultists.
    ****** The Eldar might run a variety of health spas. You don't want the services they provide.
    Which branch of Eldar are we talking about?

Extended sig here.

20. - Top - End - #410

Which branch of Eldar are we talking about?
    I was thinking about Dark Eldar, but I think their uncorrupted kin are similarly into alien things that humans probably won't enjoy. Am I incorrect in my assessment of how they work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking about Dark Eldar, but I think their uncorrupted kin are similarly into alien things that humans probably won't enjoy. Am I incorrect in my assessment of how they work?
    do you mean Craftworld Eldar, the Corsairs, the Harlequins, the Exodites or the Ynnari? because each of them are own thing with their own priorities. but the problem with all of them is generally that both humans and Eldar really hate each other and think their own species is superior to the other for really no good reason, humans see the Eldar as manipulative beings to not trust and Eldar see humans as genocidal crazy fanatics they point at their problems so they don't have to deal with it themselves. (this is also hypocritical on both sides because Eldar and Humans are the factions that have most consistently worked together at times, often because the Eldar have knowledge the humans don't and the humans have numbers and strength the Eldar don't.).

whats alien about the Eldar is that all their capabilities and things about them as super-stuff compared to humans so anything a human experiences an Eldar experiences that x10 or whatever which is why they ended up making Slaanesh because any you'd become addicted to they'd become addicted to and experience much more intensely than you would, so their current situation with Craftworlders which is the default Eldar, is very strict and disciplined to not be excessive. an Eldar picks a Path (basically a job) and does it for 100 years, which is less of a problem if your lifespan goes to 1000, so really they're less bad than the Imperium because if your born into a role there, thats just what your forced to do for your entire life.

an Eldar is probably just straight up much faster, more skilled and so on than you at what they specialize in, so if your an imperial guard finding an Eldar warrior coming towards you, odds are your just dying very fast without much of a chance to react, your basically fighting something superhuman and humans can't deal with a fighter even going twice as fast combat reflexes wise. this feeds into the Eldar's sense of superiority because why feel bad about a species they can cut down so easily and are so expendable compared to them?

anyways

* As an Infernal Exalted, may not make a second circle soul from my own soul hierarchy to do menial drudgework for me
    ** If I wouldn't do it then my souls certainly won't
    *** May not make a first circle demon just to manage bureaucracy
    **** Not even if I pay them and give them good benefits
    ***** My souls cannot become a way of just storing all my powers that I acquire from from my crossover adventures
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

* As an Infernal Exalted, may not make a second circle soul from my own soul hierarchy to do menial drudgework for me
    ** If I wouldn't do it then my souls certainly won't
    *** May not make a first circle demon just to manage bureaucracy
    **** Not even if I pay them and give them good benefits
    ***** My souls cannot become a way of just storing all my powers that I acquire from from my crossover adventures
    Relevant to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ebott's Wake, Chapter 85
    “All I know is what I heard on the radio. And then somebody called me on my cell phone and said 'you need to be in Quarterhorse Fields five minutes ago,' and I told them 'well, why didn't you tell me that five minutes ago' and they said 'because I forgot until five minutes ago' and I said 'this sounds like a you problem' but here I am anyway.”

“Hahaha! I know a guy like that. If he was janitor or security guy, wouldn't be no problem, but he's in shipping and receiving so you can fill in the blanks.”

“That's a bad combination if there ever was one.”

“Yeah, but what ya gonna do?”

“Build an exact robot duplicate to do his job for him?”

“...wait, if it was an exact duplicate, it would be just as bad as him.”

Aha. I see you've played this game before.”

Extended sig here.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

******* The Dark Eldar might be running Butlin's as a legitimate business front, but I'm not allowed to know that.

* May not introduce American Football to the Orks, it might actually decrease the amount of war.
    * Rugby is not the national sport of the Imperium of Man.
    ** Or the Tau.
    *** Okay, maybe of the Craftworld Eldar.

Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

No longer allowed to text the players after game telling them their "right hand search" fetish has been screwing them over for three sessions now and that rival adventuring partyes are now starting to enter the dungeon.

25. - Top - End - #415

*May not refer to the Bene Gesserit as "The Karen Mafia"
    **or "The Gold-Digger Illuminati"
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2023-10-24 at 01:12 PM.

Omegaupdate Forum

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

* May no longer feed the guard dog steaks...if I didn't bring enough for the other guard dogs.
    ** May no longer roll three straight "1" when trying to open an antique lock.
    (Yes, that really happened).
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    * May no longer feed the guard dog steaks...if I didn't bring enough for the other guard dogs.
    ** May not misread another poster's contribution.
    *** May not argue that there's nothing inherently wrong with eating dog meat.
    **** The same applies to cat meat, and any other pet I can think of.
    ***** 'Horse' is not the English translation of 'Lasagna'.

...okay not actually banned from doing that in-game. But it's come up enough out of game that it's only a matter of time.

Show

28. - Top - End - #418

**** The same applies to cat meat
    Well, it's not steak material, I'll give you that, but I'll argue that humanity doesn't eat ENOUGH of it. KILL ALL CATS! EAT ALL CATS!!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Well, it's not steak material, I'll give you that, but I'll argue that humanity doesn't eat ENOUGH of it. KILL ALL CATS! EAT ALL CATS!!
    Oh, I'd like to try cat meat. Of course if we started eating moggies as a staple meat in this country we'd actually end up with MORE cats.

* The cause of the apocalypse was not 'biosphere collapse due to poor security on the cat farms'.

Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    *Prepares herbicide*
    Oh, I'd like to try cat meat.
    *Pumps* shotgun*

My character motivation cannot be "merge with and enslave to my will the entire biosphere and twist it to take vengeance on those who would harm the kitties."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-10-29 at 10:33 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks