New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Curious what you people will make of me... I'll see if I can make some more PrC's later.

Even though I really want to play the PrC I made witt a bard base, possibly including snowflake wardance etc.
    Same here. Working on one for ErrantX, waiting for someone to be inspired for mine, making a Lord Grand Master for my players to face...

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose I can give permission to break up the gif fest.

Is it cheating to repurpose already written material linked in your own signature?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

I should inflict that PrC made for me on some players, once I start running my campaign.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Hey wait... Iron Zealot was not based on their name, it was based on their relation with Snowbluff and obvious masochism involved therein.
    So IZ42 just happened to be the 42nd IZ?

ACOLYTE OF VECNA
    Oh. My. Blob. It's beautiful...all of those wonderful, wonderful abilities, in addition to full theurge casting! This is absolutely perfect! And perhaps the best part of all...you only have to be Evil if your divine casting class had that alignment restriction. Oh, the possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I should inflict that PrC made for me on some players, once I start running my campaign.
    I'm actually a decently-sized monk fan. I'd play something like that in a heartbeat if the DM allowed it. Of course, I'd also love to play something like my own PrC. Decisions, decisions...

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Permission Granted.
    I'm just going to shamelessly link to my earlier permission, in the hopes that some enterprising young class crafter will see all the buzz I'm generating and step away from the gifs in order to remake me into a PrC.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Is it cheating to repurpose already written material linked in your own signature?
    Wouldn't think so. If we ever did GitP regulars as dragons, we'd all just be stealing from Zaydo's stuff if we knew it or not
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    And you are the first PoW Writer to arrive, so you get the PrC I had premade once I put finish polishing it

,,, I, PsyBomb, give my permission as well
    Mindshield
    "I've tried it all, his mind is just too strong. There is no way anyone awakened can best that person. It's simply impossible. - Unnamed Psion in the Arrow'd Knee Tavern.

Background: Attack and defence are always trying to find harmony. Where there is a defence, attack seeks to circumvent it. Where there is an attack, defence seeks to nullify it. Naturally, when some people awakened and unlocked the potential within their minds, another set of people trained themselves to defend against it.
    HD: D8

Requirements:

Skills: Concentration 7 ranks
    Alignment: Any
    Special: Must have fallen victim to a psionic character and survived it, character must not have any psionic abilities at all. If a character later gains psionic abilities the classfeatures this class grants are nullified.

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features
    1st +1 +2 +0 +2 Hard Stare
    2nd +2 +3 +0 +3 Iron Mind
    3rd +3 +3 +1 +3 Matter over Mind
    4th +4 +4 +1 +4 Chattering Chaos
    5th +5 +4 +1 +4 Neural Redirection

Skills: Concentration (Con), [and some others I have no idea about]

Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int modifier

Abilities

Hard Stare: The first thing a Mindshield learns is to unnerve enemy psionic characters. Whenever an enemy wants to target a mindshield with a psionic ability for the first time in a period of 24 hours, said enemy and the mindshield must make opposed concentration checks. The enemy psionic character may add the level of the power to the concentration check. In the table below is detailed what the outcome is resulting those opposed concentration checks.

Outcome Effect
    Mindshield>
    caster
    Power fails to have effect,
    spent powerpoints are lost
    enemy equals,
    or beats mindshield by less then 5
    power continues as normal,
    but costs 1 additional powerpoint per mindshield level to manifest
    Enemy beats Mindshield by 5 or more Power manifests normally

Iron Mind: If the Mindshield is affected by any effect that deals partial harm effects on a successful save, then the Mindshield may instead ignore all harmful effects on a successful will save.

Matter over Mind: The Mindshield gains a powerresistance of 5+5 x Mindshield classlevels

Chattering Chaos: The Mindshield gains Mindblack as an extraordinary ability

Neural Redirection: The Mindshield's Hard Stare now work every 12 hours and if hte MIndshield wins the opposed ocncentrationcheck the power is instead redirected at the manifester.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2015-05-30 at 01:02 PM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kellbyb View Post
    I give my permission.
    Combat Doppleganger

The way of the rudiplorker are many and varied. The Combat Doppleganger approaches it through precise and perfect mimicry, copying not the mere actions of a creature but the skill and talent put into these acts. The Combat Doppleganger becomes a more dangerous foe the more dangerous foe they face as they become more and more like that foe themselves.

BECOMING A COMBAT DOPPLEGANGER

Becoming a Combat Doppleganger requires a skill at mimicry, disguise, and observation. Most stumble upon these techniques almost by accident, running off a natural talent which eventually evolves into skill.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Skills: Bluff 5 ranks, Disguise 11 ranks, Spot 11 ranks.
    Feats: Skill Focus (Disguise)

Class Skills
    The following skills are class skills for the Combat Doppleganger and their key ability scores: Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Str), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    1st
    +0
    +0
    +2
    +0
    Easy Disguise, Copy Skill, Learn Armaments
    2nd
    +1
    +0
    +3
    +0
    Copy Combat Prowess
    3rd
    +2
    +1
    +3
    +1
    Copy Feat, Power in Opposition
    4th
    +3
    +1
    +4
    +1
    Mirror Spell, Reflected Will
    5th
    +3
    +1
    +4
    +1
    Copy Form
    6th
    +4
    +2
    +5
    +2
    Copy Sorcery

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Combat Doppleganger does not gain any new weapon and armor proficiencies, but see Learn Armaments below.

Easy Disguise (Ex): A Combat Doppleganger does not suffer a penalty to disguise checks for disguising themselves as a different gender, race, or age category.

Copy Skill (Ex): Whenever a Combat Doppleganger observes another creature use a skill they may copy either that creature's skill ranks or total skill modifier in that skill. If they copy the skill ranks they may use that creature's skill ranks in place of their own for 10 minutes. If they copy the modifier they may use that creature's modifier in place of their own for 10 minutes but still suffer any penalties they might possess (such as due to an ability score penalty or armor check penalty). This ability is a free action which may be used outside of their own turn, but if a Combat Doppleganger uses this ability to Copy another skill then they lose the original Copied Skill. A Combat Doppleganger who has copied a creature's skill may not copy that skill of that creature again for 8 hours.

Learn Armaments (Ex): A Combat Doppleganger who observes a creature proficient with a weapon, armor, or shield use it for 10 minutes (this time needs not be consecutive or all a single creature) gains proficiency in that weapon, armor, or shield permanently.

Copy Combat Prowess (Ex): The core technique of a Combat Doppleganger. Beginning at 2nd level whenever a Combat Doppleganger observes an attack they may, as an immediate action, copy the combat skill of the attacker. If they do so the Combat Doppleganger uses their attacker's Base Attack Bonus in place of their own for 5 rounds. A Combat Doppleganger who has copied a creature's Combat Prowess cannot copy that creature's Combat Prowess again for 8 hours.

Copy Feat (Ex): A Combat Doppleganger observing a creature may copy that creature's feats and talents. Beginning at 3rd level a Combat Doppleganger may, as a standard action, observe a creature and gain the benefits of any 2 feats that the creature possesses for 1 minute. The Combat Doppleganger names two feats and if the creature has one or both of those feats they gain them, if the creature does not have one or both of those feats the Combat Doppleganger gains feats of the target chosen by the DM. A Combat Doppleganger possesses these feats for 1 minute and then they are lost and the Combat Doppleganger cannot copy feats of that creature again for 8 hours. If a Combat Doppleganger uses this ability while they already have copied feats the previous copied feats are lost.

Power in Opposition (Ex): A Combat Doppleganger per force becomes an expert in mirror matches, and in forcing matches to be such. Beginning at 3rd level whenever a Combat Doppleganger which makes an opposed check against a creature they can see they gain a +4 bonus to that check. If both checks are of the same type (such as Grapple vs Grapple, Str vs Str, etc) the Combat Doppleganger may use their opponent's bonus +4 instead of their own, but do not gain any bonuses their opponent gains that are only applicable when initiating or resisting (such as +4 from stability).

Mirror Spell (Sp): A Combat Doppleganger can observe and replicate even the arts of magic and spellcasting. Beginning at 4th level a Combat Doppleganger may, as an immediate action, copy a spell or spell-like ability they can see being cast but only to counter it. The spell must have at least one component which the Combat Doppleganger may observe (they may not copy a spell-like ability unless it is like an invocation which has a somatic component, and they may not copy a stilled silenced spell without a focus or material component), and they must be able to observe all components for the spell. This functions like casting a spell to counter it, except it may also work on Spell-like Abilities. A Combat Doppleganger may only use this ability 3 times per day.

Reflected Will (Ex): A Combat Doppleganger is able to copy even their foe's mental state when necessary, using that connection of minds created by effects which affect the will. Beginning at 4th level whenever a Combat Doppleganger must make a Will save against a Supernatural or magical (spell, spell-like ability, etc) mind-affecting effect they may use the source of that effect's Will save in place of their own. This does not require an action on their part.

Copy Form (Su): A Combat Doppleganger's mimicry is near flawless, their very body shifting to copy a creature. Beginning at 5th level a Combat Doppleganger may, as a standard action, copy a creature's form. This functions as a polymorph spell except that they do not heal, they can select any creature regardless of type or hit dice, they may only transform into a creature they are currently able to observe, they gain Extraordinary special qualities possessed by the target, and they gain that creature's physical ability scores instead of the average for the race. The Combat Doppleganger may remain in this form for 1 minute, or until they use this ability again, and once they have copied a creature this way they may not copy that creature's form again for 8 hours. Once per day when a Combat Doppleganger uses this ability they may gain Supernatural attacks and qualities possessed by the copied creature as well as Extraordinary ones.

Copy Sorcery (Su): A Combat Doppleganger can copy even the forces of magic which surround and empower their foes, and friends. Beginning at 6th level a Combat Doppleganger may, as a standard action, copy all active spell effects, vestiges/spirits bound, martial stances, and soulmelds/veils shaped (along with essentia/essence invested therein) of one creature they may observe. They maintain these effects for 1 minute or until they use this ability again. A Combat Doppleganger which uses this ability again loses all copied effects from the previous use, and a Combat Doppleganger may not copy effects on a creature they have used this ability on again until 8 hours have passed.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Does no one love me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Does no one love me?
    We do, my brain just cant make PrCs today apparently. Ive tried yelling at it, that doesnt seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Does no one love me?

Check post 186. Seriously easy to miss the white text in this post... eh I'll try and make it size 4. Ok, maybe size 5? That might give it a second line which ought to do it.

Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-30 at 12:13 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Not that I'm complaining but... Where is my PrC? No, wait, that is not what I wanted to ask.
    Why are these GitP Regulars as ______, not in the Homebrew Design thread? I would think it a little more fitting, wouldn't it?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Does no one love me?
    Check Zaydos' post (which btw I think it's at least half-automaton given the amount of PrCs he produced).

I also had an idea for you while brewing Extra Anchovie's, but it'll take some time to finish.

EDIT: @Xuldarinar: I don't know, but (even though it may sound a bit selfish) thank goodness it isn't or I would've never seen it.
    Last edited by Uncle Pine; 2015-05-30 at 12:21 PM.
    Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Check post 186. Seriously easy to miss the white text in this post... eh I'll try and make it size 4. Ok, maybe size 5? That might give it a second line which ought to do it.

It's ok. I saw it. You aren't a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Not that I'm complaining but... Where is my PrC? No, wait, that is not what I wanted to ask.
    Why are these GitP Regulars as ______, not in the Homebrew Design thread? I would think it a little more fitting, wouldn't it?
    Because it's an outgrowth of the D&D 3e/3.5e/d20 subforum and primarily designated by being regulars there as opposed to in the Homebrew Design section which I think in this case trumps the fact that it is a type of homebrew design.

Idea for a thread GitP Regulars as Base Classes This isn't serious, for the love of the Sweet Unholy Five-Fold Mother, I shouldn't have to clarify that, should I? I guess I could have just put it in blue, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Because it's an outgrowth of the D&D 3e/3.5e/d20 subforum and primarily designated by being regulars there as opposed to in the Homebrew Design section which I think in this case trumps the fact that it is a type of homebrew design.
    That pretty much sums it up. "GitP regulars" here means "D&D 3e/3.5e/d20" regulars, so it's posted here for them to all see. Also some of the past threads have had Roland (and maybe some other mods/admins, but I haven't checked) give permission, so they're aware of this and evidently haven't objected.

Idea for a thread GitP Regulars as Base Classes This isn't serious, for the love of the Sweet Unholy Five-Fold Mother, I shouldn't have to clarify that, should I? I guess I could have just put it in blue, but that wouldn't be as much fun.
    I think I'm going to start using the xykon smiley instead of purple-text for evil.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

If we did classes, I want mine to have a d0 HD. Because.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Not sure if I'm "Regular" enough to count, but if I am, permission is hereby granted.

...Be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    I have one PC in my campaign who constantly tries to force his enemies to yield (by shrieking "JUSTICE!" in a high-pitched shrill voice, since he's a freaking Tiny-size fairy cleric of St. Cuthbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    We're horrible people and are waiting for you to let your guard down before we pounce and feast upon your flesh.
    My friend's Sun-Themed Discipline! PEACH!

My Ice-Themed Martial Discipline! Also PEACH!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll do a sweep tonight when I get home from my D&D table.
    I suppose I can give permission to break up the gif fest.
    There he is!

Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Wait? We're meant to get paid?!
    Sometimes... on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    What's the "A.S." in GitP A.S.?
    Asset Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Yeah, this is a lot of fun. I wish I was really into the class writing thing. Maybe if I had some reason to get really into it, I would, but I have the Chimera and the Opal Officer to finish.
    Make Sjlver post permission? Haha.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Is this you tired or ready for more?
    but seriously we need some coverage for these other people. Maybe I should recruit more writers?
    Oh wait, I mean:
    Grand Imagination Fencer

Grand Imagination Fencers, also known as Names are Hard or GIFs, are skilled warriors fueled by sheer hot blooded passion or madness, drawing upon it to warp and rend the very sanity of foes.

BECOMING A GIF

Becoming a GIF requires a soul born of chaos, and pure skill of arms.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    BAB: +5
    Alignment: Any Chaotic.
    Feats: Any 2 Fighter bonus feats.

Class Skills
    The following skills are class skills for the GIF and their key ability scores: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Str).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +0
    +2
    Conscience White as Snow, Hot Bloody Fury/Yandere Rage 1/day, Diehard
    2nd
    +2
    +3
    +0
    +3
    Smite Sanity 1/day, Uncanny Dodge
    3rd
    +3
    +1
    +3
    +1
    Hot Blooded Fury/Yandere Rage 2/day, Wings Black as Ebony
    4th
    +4
    +1
    +4
    +1
    Command Obedience, Greater Hot Blooded Fury/Yandere Rage, Smite Sanity 3/day
    5th
    +5
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Armor Red with Blood, Hot Blooded Fury/Yandere Rage 3/day

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A GIF gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Conscience White as Snow (Ex): Due to a quirk in their nature a GIF is able to kill a creature without a qualm of conscience, to torment the soul of a being and not feel at all guilty about the poor Iron Zealot. Even when dealing with magically induced guilt or a creature they have directly harmed they can face them without a twinge of remembrance of what they did. After all it was just Tuesday, or was it Wednesday? It's hard to remember. A GIF is immune to any guilt based effect (up to and including Sanctify the Wicked) and they gain a +2 to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks as they are able to dispassionately put on a sweet smile in any circumstance.

Spoiler
    Show

Hot Blooded Fury/Yandere Rage (Ex): A GIF is able to tap into their own inner madness and fury. A Good aligned GIF gains the ability to channel this madness into a hot blooded rage in which they become an inspiration to their allies as they strike about dealing out justice with their blows gaining Hot Blooded Fury. An Evil aligned GIF gains the ability to release this madness in a murderous insanity, usually tied with a frightening protectiveness of their favorite pet/lover gaining Yandere Rage. A Neutral aligned GIF chooses either Hot Bloody Fury or Yandere Rage when they first gain levels in GIF. Either way a GIF can use this ability as a free action 1/day at 1st level, 2/day at 3rd, and 3/day at 5th, and these abilities improve at 4th level in GIF. In addition these abilities have certain similarities. Both Hot Blooded Fury and Yandere Rage last 3 + Con modifier rounds, grant +2 Strength and Constitution for the duration, and limit actions in the same was as a Barbarian's Rage. When either ability is used any fear effects affecting the GIF immediately ends, and they gain immunity to fear for the duration; if a GIF is frightened, panicked, or cowering at the beginning of their turn and they still have uses of this ability it automatically activates ending the fear effect and allowing the GIF to act normally. A GIF is fatigued at the end of a Hot Blooded Fury or Yandere Rage until the end of the current encounter, or if already fatigued exhausted instead; if already exhausted they are rendered unconscious until the end of the current encounter. When a GIF gains access to the greater version at 4th level the Strength and Constitution bonus from both increases to +4 in addition to more ability specific effects.

---Hot Blooded Fury: While in a Hot Blooded Fury a GIF deals additional damage to evil creature equal to twice their GIF level and gain Mettle. In addition allies (other than yourself) who can see you or hear your words are inspired by your hot blooded courage gaining a +2 morale bonus to attack, damage, and Will saves versus fear. Once a GIF gains Greater Hot Blooded Fury they gain immunity to charm and compulsion effects while under the effects Hot Blooded Fury and the bonus granted to allies increases by +1 per 5 effective character levels beyond 4th the GIF possesses (giving +5 at ECL 19). In addition the GIF, and all allies receiving this bonus, gain Fast Healing 3 as long as they receive this bonus and the GIF is alive.

Spoiler
    Show

---Yandere Rage: While in a Yandere Rage a GIF suffers a -2 penalty to AC, but gains an additional attack each round as part of an attack action or a full-attack action at their highest attack bonus (this does not stack with Haste or other similar effects). During a Yandere Rage a GIF may score critical hits against creatures immune to critical hits and automatically confirm any critical threats against creatures not normally immune to critical hits. A GIF during a Yandere Rage also produces an aura of fear out to 5-ft and any enemy within this aura must make a Will save (DC 10 + GIF level + Cha modifier) or be shaken for the duration of their Yandere Rage; success or failure a creature needs only save against this fear aura once per Yandere Rage. Once a GIF gains Greater Yandere Rage they no longer suffer damage (including nonlethal or ability damage) during a Yandere Rage, but when their Yandere Rage ends they immediately take all damage they would have suffered. In addition during a Greater Yandere Rage the GIF's fear aura extends 5-ft per class level instead of 5-ft.

Spoiler
    Show

Diehard (Ex): A GIF gains Diehard as a bonus feat even if they do not meet the prerequisites.

Spoiler
    Show

Smite Sanity (Su): A GIF learns to rend the sanity of foes with a blow, filling their weapon with the power to tear at their minds and grasp on reality. Beginning at 2nd level a GIF may 1/day declare themselves to be Smiting Sanity as part of an attack. They add their Charisma modifier to damage with the smite and deal Wisdom damage in place of regular damage with the attack dealing 1 point of Wisdom damage per 6 points of damage the attack would have dealt. At 4th level a GIF may use Smite Sanity up to 3 times per day, but never more than once per round.

Spoiler
    Show

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A GIF has the reactions of a cat, or some such. Beginning at 2nd level a GIF gains Uncanny Dodge (as the rogue ability), or if they already have Uncanny Dodge they gain Improved Uncanny Dodge instead.

Spoiler
    Show

Wings Black as Ebony (Su): In honor of their founder GIFs learn to sprout wings of chilling darkness from their back. Beginning at 3rd level a GIF may sprout a pair of feathery, black wings as a standard action, granting them a fly speed equal to their land speed with Good maneuverability. A GIF may dismiss these wings as a standard action, but otherwise they last indefinitely.

Spoiler
    Show

Command Obedience (Sp): A GIF learns to sway the wills of others. A Good aligned GIF gains the ability to use Charm Person as a spell-like ability 3 times per day, and it is heightened to a level equal to 1/3rd the GIF's character level. An Evil aligned GIF gains the ability to use Command as a spell-like ability at-will,and it is heightened to a level equal to 1/3rd the GIF's character level. A Neutral GIF gains Charm Person if they have Hot Blooded Fury, and Command if they have Yandere's Rage.

Spoiler
    Show

Armor Red with Blood (Ex): Good or Evil a GIF learns to draw power from the bloody death of others. Beginning at 5th level whenever a GIF kills a living creature they gain a +1 morale bonus to attack, damage,and saving throws for 1 minute equal to 1/6th the creature's hit dice; this bonus is increased by +2 if they kill a monk.

Spoiler
    Show

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Imagination Fencer
    Is it possible to win the thread?
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-05-30 at 04:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Is it possible to win the thread?
    If it is, I'm pretty sure Zaydos just did it. I just laughed so hard I woke my roommate up.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    There he is!
    Here I am!

Been extraordinarily busy, plus I didn't really have much to contribute to elder evils, though I was kicking around something to do with cranial deluge for Psybomb.

If I get a chance I might adapt my bladelord prestige since it seems fitting for ErrantX.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-05-30 at 04:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Thrall of Darinarxul

Many say that since there has been light there has been shadow, but some disagree. Some whisper that before light there was shadow, it just was not recognizable. They tell stories of the First Shadow, the root of all other shadows, Darinarxul. They say that the First Shadow dwells within the deepest depths of shadow, connecting all shadows together with its roots and its power. It is this power which attracts shadowcasters to its service, pledging their souls themselves to the Root of Shadow, serving it and preparing the world for its eventual hunger.

BECOMING A THRALL OF DARINARXUL

To become a Thrall of Darinarxul one must swear service to the Root of Shadow. Offering it their unswerving fealty they are blessed by its dread power. Only those who already have a mastery of the magic of shadow can make full use of this dread power, and it is these who become true thralls, wielding shadow with skill and power.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Alignment: Evil.
    Feats: 1 Deformity feat and 1 Metashadow feat
    Skills: Knowledge (the Planes) 8 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3rd level mysteries.

Class Skills
    The Thrall of Darinarxul's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Any, each taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Spot (Wis).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + int

Hit Dice: d4

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spellcasting
    1st
    +0
    +0
    +0
    +2
    Frightful Shadows
    +1 level of mystery using class
    2nd
    +1
    +0
    +0
    +3
    Tainted Shadows
    3rd
    +1
    +1
    +1
    +3
    Endure Taint
    4th
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Vile Shadows
    5th
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Guidance of Darkness
    6th
    +3
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Secrets Drawn from Darkness
    7th
    +3
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Armor of Shadow
    8th
    +4
    +2
    +2
    +6
    Enduring Shadow
    9th
    +4
    +3
    +3
    +6
    Greater Guidance of Darkness
    10th
    +5
    +3
    +3
    +7
    Let Darkness Fall

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Thrall of Darinarxul gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Frightful Shadows (Su): There is something wrong with the darkness created by a Thrall of Darinarxul, something more sinister than there ought to be leaving the feeling that one is being watched... and hunted. Any creature within an area of magical darkness created by a Thrall of Darinarxul's mysteries is shaken for as long as they remain within unless they serve Darinarxul. This shaken effect never causes a creature to become frightened even when combined with another fear effect. This is a mind-affecting, fear effect.

Tainted Shadows (Su): A Thrall of Darinarxul's shadows are laced with their master's tainted influence. Whenever a Thrall of Darinarxul casts a mystery which targets one or more creatures, and/or which deals damage they may choose Corruption or Depravity. Any creature targeted and/or dealt damage by the mystery must make a Fortitude save (if Corruption was chosen) or a Will save (if Depravity was chosen) or gain 1 point of the corresponding taint.

Endure Taint (Su): A Thrall of Darinarxul is warded from the worst effects of their master's coming and other lesser forms of taint. Beginning at 3rd level a Thrall of Darinarxul does not gain taint for being within a tainted area.

Vile Shadows (Su): The shadow of Darinarxul will overwhelm the plane and consume it, a darkness from which there is no recovery. Its Thralls share a portion of their master's power. Beginning at 4th level any damage dealt by a Thrall of Darinarxul's mysteries is considered vile damage.

Guidance of Darkness (Su): A Thrall of Darinarxul is at home in the darkness, able to hear the whispers of his master within it. Beginning at 5th level whenever a Thrall of Darinarxul is within an area of shadowy or no illumination they gain a +1 competence bonus to sill checks.

Secrets Drawn from Darkness: Darinarxul bestows its thrall a dark knowledge of the mysteries of shadow. At 6th level a Thrall of Darinarxul selects 2 Apprentice Paths of Mystery and learns all mysteries in those paths.

Armor of Shadow (Su): Darinarxul's embrace protects its servants. Beginning at 7th level whenever a mystery would grant a bonus to a Thrall of Darinarxul's armor class the bonus is increased by +2.

Enduring Shadow (Su): Darinarxul grants its thralls the power to create lasting shadows. Beginning at 8th level a Thrall of Darinarxul may persist a Apprentice mysteries they use three times each day as if with the persist spell metamagic (the mystery must be one which could have persist spell applied to it if it were a spell). A Thrall of Darinarxul may persist a journeyman mystery but doing so costs 2 daily uses of this ability, and they may persist a master mystery but doing so costs all 3 daily uses of this ability.

Greater Guidance of Darkness: At 9th level a Thrall of Darinarxul's Guidance of Darkness improves granting them a +3 bonus instead of a +1.

Let Darkness Fall (Sp): At 10th level a Thrall of Darinarxul may use Utterdark (LoM, FCI) as a spell-like ability 1/day with a caster level of their Thrall of Darinarxul level. Additionally the darkness created by this effect is considered to be an area of taint inflicting either Depravity or Corruption (of the Thrall's choice when used) and any damage dealt to good aligned creatures within the darkness is considered to be Vile damage.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Thrall of Darinarxul
    This pleases me. Thank you. Should I ever have the opportunity to use this, I will have to.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Oi, Zaydos, how would you go about converting the Iron Zealot to Pathfinder? I'm building a test character and would like to know how you would transfer various abilities and skills over. I can mostly use the 3.5 feats, because I play 3.PF whenever possible, but I was wondering if there would be things you'd change.

It would also appear that the effects of Improved Toughness do not stack.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-30 at 08:56 PM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Oi, Zaydos, how would you go about converting the Iron Zealot to Pathfinder? I'm building a test character and would like to know how you would transfer various abilities and skills over.
    Besides ye olde standard skill consolidation what abilities are giving problems? I'd probably say that the bonus to resist trip and stuff should be halved since most such bonuses were halved, but that's the only one which comes to mind (I've played PF with a lot of stuff ported over from 3.5 but I wouldn't know what has feat equivalents and such... did they change Diehard?). Oh and I think PF PrCs only get +1 to good saves at first level going +1/+1/+2/+2/+3/+3/+4/+4/+5/+5 but not 100% sure.

For class skills take monk
    Remove Diplomacy
    Add Intimidate, Knowledge (the Planes), and Sleight of Hand.

I think that's actually what I literally did for 3.5.

Edit: I... I... I have never noticed that about Improved Toughness before. That's saddening somehow. I'll have to change the name and write out the actual effect of +1 hp/HD.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-30 at 09:02 PM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Besides ye olde standard skill consolidation what abilities are giving problems? I'd probably say that the bonus to resist trip and stuff should be halved since most such bonuses were halved, but that's the only one which comes to mind (I've played PF with a lot of stuff ported over from 3.5 but I wouldn't know what has feat equivalents and such... did they change Diehard?). Oh and I think PF PrCs only get +1 to good saves at first level going +1/+1/+2/+2/+3/+3/+4/+4/+5/+5 but not 100% sure.
    Diehard in PF functions until you are dead (which is not necessarily -10, it's your negative CON score, instead), so there's that. I would keep the CMB check bonuses as is (Dwarves receive a +4 as in 3.5), other than that, there's not much. I'd leave the saves as is, because doing special saves is silly.

Monks don't get diplomacy in PF

You could say "At 3rd level, you gain Improved Toughness (this would be base toughness in Pathfinder) as a bonus feat. You also gain double the HP bonus from the effects of toughness."
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-30 at 09:05 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Diehard in PF functions until you are dead (which is not necessarily -10, it's your negative CON score, instead), so there's that. I would keep the CMB check bonuses as is (Dwarves receive a +4 as in 3.5), other than that, there's not much. I'd leave the saves as is, because doing special saves is silly.

Monks don't get diplomacy in PF
    Well they did in 3.5. I checked. It's right after Craft and right before Escape Artist.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Well they did in 3.5. I checked. It's right after Craft and right before Escape Artist.
    I can see that, I do have the class open right now (Pathfinder and 3.5).

Also, the Iron Zealot doesn't appear all that evil in fluff, except for that willing deformity feat. They seem like they could be extremely grim anti-heroes, ala Cregga Roseyes(Redwall anyone?), extremely tough and stubborn good guys (Naruto-ish), or the complete uncaring juggernaut rampaging destructo-monster that seems to be what you were aiming for. Cool, either way.

Also, my brother took a look at the class and said word for word "they might as well right 'no' on the character sheet".
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-30 at 09:47 PM.
    Show