New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1469
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments V―On a Saner Forum, We Wouldn't Need this Index

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I can’t even... what?
    Edit: jasdoif, I am opposed to the inclusion of that tweet, its content is visible from the comic itself.
    Sorry about the confusion effect (and if you need an explanation, I was talking about the pronoum "you")
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments V―On a Saner Forum, We Wouldn't Need this Index

I'm also against inclusion, I feel like it's something that's evident enough from the comic.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so that looks like 3 for, 6 against...right on the bottom edge of vote-able. Anyone else have opinions on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by @RichBurlew
    Minrah is her own character with her own role. She's not anyone's replacement, any more than Blackwing replaced V.

Now since we're on a new page, reminder about thread title vote-age!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    While this isn't formal, we've got a few pages left before the next thread, so in the interests of post wrangling....

This will be approval voting: vote for (and/or propose) as many titles as you like, even if there's only one you like; whichever title has the most people voting for it will be the title of the next thread. In the case of a tie, I will choose one of the tied options.
    I'll be tracking viable titles until I start on the next thread in...a few pages.
    Proposed Title Votes Voters
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Now Up to 50% On Topic 8 Gwynfrid, Lissou, Squire Doodad, Zherog, DataNinja, Fyraltari, Rollin, Caerulea
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - That's What HE Said 5 Ron Miel, D.One, HorizonWalker, snowblizz, Bundin
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Bimonthly Banana Bread at Best 4 Resileaf, Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Squire Doodad
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Rich in Comments 4 Gift Jeraff, NobleCuriosity, Caerulea, snowblizz
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas 2 137ben, D.One
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Clearly Just Advertising Copy 1 Doug Lampert
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from a Few Zapped Pines 1 Reboot
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - The Annotated Edition 1 Fyraltari
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - The Undiscovered Comment 1 rbetieh
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Utterly Banana-d 1 Joerg
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I'm not terribly fond of any of these titles, but I don't have a better suggestion, so I guess I'll vote for the ones I like the most.

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - That's What HE Said
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Rich in Comments
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Against inclusion of the Minrah's quote, no need to include the quote when the comic already answers that.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Against inclusion of the Minrah quote:

Voting for either:

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - That's What HE Said

or

The 50% one, while cute, doesn't really accurately reflect this thread IMO. It's really way over 50% on topic.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_Schemer View Post
    I don't think we need to include it. Her role in the comic will become clear as the story progresses. Basically, it's a quote that is telling the future, and the future will be revealed in time. Add it now, and we'll just be removing it later.
    I agree. The story will reveal this in time. No point in including this just to have to remove it later.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Put me up for Making Dogma out of Zapped Bannanas
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Bugbear in the Playground

I vote for "Rich in Comments".

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    No, but there has been speculation that Belkar is about to die, and Minrah will replace HIM.

Example

And also speculation that Bandana isn't a very popular, so Minrah is replacing her intended role.
    Example

I say include.
    I was initially against including the Minrah quote, but this post convinced me it might be worth including. Also it doesn't seem likely it will make it in, given the way the discussion has gone so far.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Because of the change in Squire Doodad's vote, we currently have a three-way tie for the title.

Incidentally, if anyone is intentionally changing their vote, please make a new post containing all the titles you're voting for; trying to track one person's vote across multiple posts almost guarantees I'm going to mess up somewhere....

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Now Up to 50% On Topic 7 Gwynfrid, Lissou, Zherog, DataNinja, Fyraltari, Rollin, Caerulea
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Rich in Comments 7 Gift Jeraff, NobleCuriosity, Caerulea, snowblizz, Emanick, dmc91356, Sir Norbert
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - That's What HE Said 7 Ron Miel, D.One, HorizonWalker, snowblizz, Bundin, Emanick, dmc91356
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas 4 137ben, D.One, Emanick, Squire Doodad
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Bimonthly Banana Bread at Best 3 Resileaf, Schroeswald, Gwynfrid
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Clearly Just Advertising Copy 1 Doug Lampert
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from a Few Zapped Pines 1 Reboot
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - The Undiscovered Comment 1 rbetieh
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Utterly Banana-d 1 Joerg
    7-7-7? Where's a slot machine when you need(?) one....

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I was initially against including the Minrah quote, but this post convinced me it might be worth including. Also it doesn't seem likely it will make it in, given the way the discussion has gone so far.
    Perhaps...but it's been hanging around the threshold for being eligible for a vote, and we've certainly had upsets in the voting before (the primary reason the threshold for calling a vote is so forgiving).
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2019-09-28 at 03:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392

I've been swayed a bit so I would like to remove my vote from going either way on the Minrah quote, I am no longer certain either way.

Also add my vote to
    The Index of the Giant's Comments V! - Making Dogma From Zapped Bananas
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

13. - Top - End - #1393

On the thread title, I would like to vote for any of the following:

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Now Up to 50% On Topic
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - The Undiscovered Comment

On the include/not include of the Minrah quote, what I'd really like to do is delay until more time has passed so we can see if it's still a topic of discussion in, say, 3 months or 6 months before deciding, but since that's not one of the options I vote include since it'll be easier to remove it later than re-nominate it later.
    Last edited by Algeh; 2019-09-28 at 05:30 PM. Reason: fixing spelling error - no change in votes

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    On the include/not include of the Minrah quote, what I'd really like to do is delay until more time has passed so we can see if it's still a topic of discussion in, say, 3 months or 6 months before deciding, but since that's not one of the options I vote include since it'll be easier to remove it later than re-nominate it later.
    Is that so? I thought the system was made so that it's easier to add a quote than remove it. Is it the other way around?

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    Is that so? I thought the system was made so that it's easier to add a quote than remove it. Is it the other way around?
    Historically speaking, it has been significantly easier to add a new quote than to remove one, but the sample size on the latter is small enough that isn't necessarily meaningful.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Colossus in the Playground

My votes are: 1) "The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - That's What HE Said." and 2) Include the Minrah comment.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

For the title of the next thread, I vote for the following titles:
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from a Few Zapped PinesThe Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

Jasdoif informs me that I have to post this in the thread. I had assumed we do votes in private messages so that the thread doesn't get spammed by messages that have nothing but a vote.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Barbarian in the Playground

I vote for both "that's what HE said" and "Rich in comments".
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

19. - Top - End - #1399

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Historically speaking, it has been significantly easier to add a new quote than to remove one, but the sample size on the latter is small enough that isn't necessarily meaningful.
    Yeah, but Algeh was talking about adding a quote on a second (+) try vs removing, not just adding.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Rich in Comments" is clever, but the joke was already used in the title of Thread IV ("A Rich Source of Quotassium").

Also, I would like to change my vote from simply "Now Up to 50% On Topic" to a vote for "Now Up to 50% On Topic" and a vote for "Making Dogma From Zapped Bananas."

I would vote not to include the Minrah tweet, as superfluous and ephemeral, unlike Minrah herself.
    Last edited by Rollin; 2019-09-29 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by godsflunky View Post
    It'll be a wild ride, and I can't wait to see all the twists and turns, but we'll be fine.

This is gonna be great.

21. - Top - End - #1401

I kinda wanna vote for "zapped bananas", but I don't think it makes sense as a joke - the reference is to Thor complaining he can't zap a few pines without the dwarfs making a dogma out of it. But Rich is the "banana", no? So he's at the wrong end of the joke (the trees rather than the god whose actions are overinterpreted).

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

Voting for "making dogma out of zapped bananas"

Also vote for "dont include".
    Last edited by super dark33; 2019-09-29 at 08:35 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I kinda wanna vote for "zapped bananas", but I don't think it makes sense as a joke - the reference is to Thor complaining he can't zap a few pines without the dwarfs making a dogma out of it. But Rich is the "banana", no? So he's at the wrong end of the joke (the trees rather than the god whose actions are overinterpreted).
    jasdoif is our resident banana, look at their avatar and signature.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2019-09-29 at 09:23 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so that makes the disposition on the tweet...5 for including, 11 for excluding; as close to the margin for vote-ability as is possible for the total of 16? And the title has a tie for first, and another tie for second at one vote behind first....Looks like I'll be tracking these for a while o_o

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Rich in Comments 9 Gift Jeraff, NobleCuriosity, Caerulea, snowblizz, Emanick, dmc91356, Sir Norbert, Algeh, Joerg
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - That's What HE Said 9 Ron Miel, D.One, HorizonWalker, snowblizz, Bundin, Emanick, dmc91356, Kish, Joerg
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas 8 137ben, D.One, Emanick, Squire Doodad, Schroeswald, b_jonas, Rollin, super dark33
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Now Up to 50% On Topic 8 Gwynfrid, Lissou, Zherog, DataNinja, Fyraltari, Caerulea, Algeh, Rollin
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Bimonthly Banana Bread at Best 2 Resileaf, Gwynfrid
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - Making Dogma from a Few Zapped Pines 2 Reboot, b_jonas
    The Index of the Giant's Comments VI - The Undiscovered Comment 2 rbetieh, Algeh

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    jasdoif is our resident banana, look at their avatar and signature.
    Also, banana "trees" aren't actually trees, so that's a bonus.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2019-10-01 at 05:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Have I voted against including the tweet yet? Because if not, I don't believe we should include it. The story can and will speak for itself on that front.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm afraid I'm not going to help breaking the tie between the 2 titles currently on top of the list, because I dislike both of them. "Rich in comments" is just a weaker version of a title we used in the past. "That's what HE said"... Well, I don't get the joke or reference, assuming there's one.

I could be talked into adding a vote for "Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas" if it put that one on top, but right now it would only make the tie a three-way one.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-02 at 09:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    "That's what HE said"... Well, I don't get the joke or reference, assuming there's one.
    It's a play on "That's what she said", implying sexual innuendo. (As in someone saiys "<phrase that could have a double meaning when referring to something about sex, even when the innocent meaning is intended.>" then another replies "That's what she said!") Which... it's not a phrase I'm particularly fond of, especially because it's often simply inserted everywhere.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    It's a play on "That's what she said", implying sexual innuendo. (As in someone saiys "<phrase that could have a double meaning when referring to something about sex, even when the innocent meaning is intended.>" then another replies "That's what she said!") Which... it's not a phrase I'm particularly fond of, especially because it's often simply inserted everywhere.
    That's what she said.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    I could be talked into adding a vote for "Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas" if it put that one on top, but right now it would only make the tie a three-way one.
    Do it, please. Let's make the vote thrilling until the very end...

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonWalker View Post
    That's what she said.
    Can't do anything but applaud such masterful demonstration...
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

30. - Top - End - #1410

Flumph

Sometimes I prefer the oldfashioned option, "as the actress said to the bishop".