New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I have nothing useful to contribute beyond that I just watched Avengers 2 and you should all totally see it.
    Ugh, unacceptable! I just saw it too, but that doesn't mean you have to put it up in my threads! Everyone here will watch it anyway!
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNekros View Post
    Are you from Zanzibar, and familiar with the multiarmed Zanzibarbarian shark women?
    Not from Zanzibar, but a quick google search familiarizes me with what you're talking about.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #154

If I'm not too late (and not too irregular) I give permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

5. - Top - End - #155

Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-05 at 12:31 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Am I a bad person if I wait until the end of the voting so I can vote for whichever of mine are closest to the lead? I won't have time to review and vote until later, so who could tell, right?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Am I a bad person if I wait until the end of the voting so I can vote for whichever of mine are closest to the lead? I won't have time to review and vote until later, so who could tell, right?
    Now that you've said it, yes.

At least I voted for one of yours.

8. - Top - End - #158

Well... I mean probably. But if you're too busy to voooote... *wink wink nudge nudge*

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    At least I voted for one of yours.
    Yeah... stack made both of the ones I voted for.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Last I checked, everyone voted for at least one of mine. Quantity has a quality of its own.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Last I checked, everyone voted for at least one of mine. Quantity has a quality of its own.
    I really like the minion band. It might need some tweaking, but I think it would add some good minion-ness to veilshaping.

Then I voted for Frostbite Veil because I think it's cool.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-01 at 09:54 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the minion band. It might need some tweaking, but I think it would add some good minion-ness to veilshaping.

Then I voted for Frostbite Veil because I think it's cool.
    I'm putting one up for Frostbite Halo as well. Sure, I wrote it, but anything that can make Polar Snowshoes worth shaping occasionally is worth it in my book. Debating on my second vote, since it would be a bit... gauche... to vote for two of my own (or I'd vote Stack's Third Eye)

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OMG PONIES View Post
    If I'm not too late (and not too irregular) I give permission.
    Val's Very Fine Knife
    Descriptors: Evil
    Class: Vizier, Guru
    Slot: Hands, Wrists
    Saving Throw: None
    You reinforce your favorite dagger with akashic energy, granting it new and disturbing abilities.
    When this veil is shaped, the you gain a +1 profane bonus to attack rolls and bypass 2 points of damage reduction on attacks with one light weapon in your possession. The chosen weapon may be changed as a full-round action.
    Essence: For each point of Essence invested in this ability the bonus on attack rolls increases by 1 and the damage reduction bypassed increases by 2.
    Chakra Bind (Hands): [G3, V2] Binding this Veil to your Hands slot you gain the ability to to summon your chosen weapon as a standard action from anywhere on your current plane. Any creature that takes damage from an attack you make with the chosen weapon is sickened for 1 round + 1 round/2 points of essence invested.
    Chakra Bind (Wrists):[V8] When bound to your wrists, you gain the benefit of the hand bind. Additionally, you may chose to force the target to make a will save or be banished to the astral plane instead of being sickened. A target cannot be targeted by this ability more than once per round.

OMG Ponies will understand, which is all that matters.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-05-01 at 11:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

I may have voted for the one someone made for me, but it really is my favorite one on the thread so far.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I may have voted for the one someone made for me, but it really is my favorite one on the thread so far.
    I did the same. I also voted for the Red Fel one. That one made me happy.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Damnit snowbluff.

Consent given
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Damnit snowbluff.

Consent given
    War-Forged Soul
    Descriptors: none
    Class: Daevic
    Slot: Blood
    Saving Throw: none
    You call upon the strength and resilience of the living construct to aid you in battle.
    You gain a slam attack dealing 1d4 damage (medium) and 1 DR/adamantine. You may change the type of damage this attack does as a swift action, reshaping your limbs as required.
    Essence: For each point of essence invested, your slam damage increases by 2 and your DR increases by 1.
    Chakra Bind (Hands):[D4] You gain a second slam attack and may treat your slams as having the reach property when beneficial.
    Chakra Bind (Blood):[D12] You gain an untyped bonus against all mind-affecting effects equal to 1+essence invested and may take a point of essence burn to re-roll any save against a mind-affecting effect as an immediate action after the result is known.

Basically, it makes you more like a warforged that can reshape your body to a limited degree, reflecting both avatar and to a lesser degree the mutant class homebrew. The reach property is basically to reflect stretching limbs as needed, similar to the warshaper.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Damnit snowbluff.

Consent given
    Is there a problem, Kel? :o

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Wording probably needs a bit of tweaking then.

By the way, this is for you!

Elric's Utterdark Shield
    Descriptors: Darkness, Teleportation
    Class: Daevic
    Slot: Hands, Wrists
    Saving Throw: Will
    Utter darkness enfolds your shield, turning it into a gateway to oblivion.
    Unlike most veils, Elric's Utterdark Shield has no effect unless the veilweaver is wielding a shield or buckler. When you shape this veil, it forms around your shield, transforming it into a tool of darkness. Once per round when an opponent within reach misses you or an adjacent ally with a melee attack, you may spend an attack of opportunity to perform a shield bash against them. If successful, the enemy must make a Will saving throw or be swallowed by your shield, cast into a dimension of utter darkness for 1 round. While trapped in this dimension, the enemy takes 1d8 negative energy damage each round and cannot take any action or be targeted by any other effect. Enemies trapped in this way may make a Will saving throw at the start of their turn each round to end the effect. On a successful save or when the effect ends, the enemy appears in the space they last occupied (or the nearest adjacent space if that space is now occupied).
    Essence: For each point of essence invested in this veil, your shield bash attacks deal 1d8 additional negative energy damage, the damage dealt to enemies trapped within your utterdark effect increases by 1d8, and the duration of the dimensional trap effect increases by 1 round.
    Chakra Bind (Hands): [D4] Binding this veil to your Hands slot makes it even more deadly; you gain a +1 profane bonus per point of essence invested to your shield bash attack rolls and all negative energy damage rolls.
    Chakra Bind (Wrists): [D7] You may activate this veil's ability one additional time per round for every two points of essence invested, though you cannot activate this ability of you do not have any attacks of opportunity remaining.

Spoiler: Reasoning
    Show

I figured since you like the Warder so much, I'd give you a shield with a dash of Elric of Melnibone's black sword thrown in. This seemed like the kind of thing you could hang a whole Warder archetype on.
    Isn't the damage scaling on this pretty nasty? You make a big shield bash (fine), but increasing the duration and damage of the banishment multiplies, so you really rack it up. I'm mainly thinking in terms of grabbing it on a class that can stuff more essence and boost the save dc higher, if you can stuff 10 essence in there that is a ton of damage on top of the crowd control.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Is there a problem, Kel? :o
    You snuck this in while I wasn't looking.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Thanks! My silly idea paid off!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

You snuck this in while I wasn't looking.
    Snowbluff, more like Snowfeint!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Isn't the damage scaling on this pretty nasty? You make a big shield bash (fine), but increasing the duration and damage of the banishment multiplies, so you really rack it up. I'm mainly thinking in terms of grabbing it on a class that can stuff more essence and boost the save dc higher, if you can stuff 10 essence in there that is a ton of damage on top of the crowd control.
    It fits me though. I love my stuff over tuned.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Is it too late to sign up and give permission?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-01 at 08:59 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    [Insert Picture of Threadnaught Granting Permission]

Threadnaught.
    Rudisplork
    Descriptors: teleportation
    Class: Vizier
    Slot: Wrist, Chest
    Saving Throw: Reflex
    What does I word mean? If I call here there, does it change? Yes, it does.
    You can quickly trade positions with an ally via teleportation. As a move action, you may swap positions with a willing creature within 30 ft to which you have line of effect. Should the creatures not be the same size, the larger creature must occupy all of the squares previously occupied by the smaller creature and the smaller can choose any of the squares of the larger. If the space is too small, the swap fails.
    Essence: The range of this ability increases by 10 ft per point of essence. For every 2 points of essence, you may include another willing creature, shuffling positions between all targets.
    Chakra Bind (Wrists):[V8] Whenever targeted by an attack, you may open a portal to a nearby location, redirecting their blow. Spend an attack of opportunity to force the attacker to roll a reflex save. If they fail, choose a creature or square within 30 ft + 10 ft/essence. The attack is resolved against that creature, or wasted if against an empty square. Alternately, you may redirect a line effect passing through your space upon the originator failing the reflex save, ending the line at a point adjacent to you and choosing any square within range to continue the remaining length of the line in a direction of your choosing.
    Chakra Bind (Chest):[V18] You may cast Greater Teleport 1+veilweaver mod times per day, using your veilweaver level as your caster level.

My understanding of the word rudisplork is limited, mostly consisting of a vague understanding that it became a joke word to replace cheating in a rather infamous thread. Hope the fluff works well enough.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-05-01 at 09:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

So, is the voting closed then?

I make the current results to be:

3 Frostbite Halo
    3 Loyal Paladin's Spear of Light
    2 Neo's Sigil of the Phoenix
    2 Gareth's Bracers
    1 Snowbluff's Minion Band
    1 Red Fel's Sceptre of Subjugation
    1 Lyre of Illyahir
    1 Danzibr's Crimson Totem
    1 Bad Wolf's Pelt
    1 Stack's Third Eye (I think this would have gotten more votes if more people were really familiar with the guru class)

Do we have a tie-breaker, or are we just extending the voting?
    Last edited by stack; 2015-05-02 at 10:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know. Sslarn should show up and tell us what to do with the results.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like Frostbite Halo and LP's Spear of Light are our winners! I'll be reviewing both tinsel if any Polish or tweaking is necessary and then adding them to the Supplemental doc (which will hopefully be added to the live playtest docs by Sunday and then into layout by next Friday, unless something comes up, which it usually does).

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Say, Ssalarn. While you're here which would be the best Akashic class to combine Loyal Paladin's Spear of Light and Elric's Utterdark Shield?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Say, Ssalarn. While you're here which would be the best Akashic class to combine Loyal Paladin's Spear of Light and Elric's Utterdark Shield?
    Probably a LN Benevolence Daevic, would be an interesting build (assuming one or the other made their Passion list, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Looks like Frostbite Halo and LP's Spear of Light are our winners! I'll be reviewing both tinsel if any Polish or tweaking is necessary and then adding them to the Supplemental doc (which will hopefully be added to the live playtest docs by Sunday and then into layout by next Friday, unless something comes up, which it usually does).
    Congratulations to the winners and the writers of the winners. I expect plenty of credits for the writers, Sslarn.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-02 at 10:08 PM.