PDA

View Full Version : LGBTAI+ LGBTAitP - Part 20: Critical Hit!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Mutant Sheep
2012-02-11, 11:04 AM
Heh :smalltongue: My girlfriend just laughed at it. Not sure it counts when it's a famous musician and you're both joking and far too willing to let a joke go as far as it wants, but if I'm gonna kiss one guy in my life I'm glad it was him.
That is a joke that should be used many times. It doesnt get old. :smallbiggrin:

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 11:14 AM
AH GOD! I feel so damn inspirational right now!

I just talked to an 8th grader at my school about the fact that he is gay, asked him and helped him join a Facebook group I made for LGBT people at our school, and gave him advice on coming out, since he wants to be completely out in a month.:smallredface::smallbiggrin:

Yay! Helping people is good.

I met a girl in my science class. She's really nice, and about as subtle as I am. It's really the perfect situation for me, because while others would call it dating, I call it a friendship between two sexes. I don't know why, but I guess I just warmed up to the idea of it.

Of course, last time I had a friendship with a girl, it ended badly.

Really badly.

Really, really, REALLY badly. I know she goes to my school, and what hurts the most is that she has gone out of her way to ask her friends (whom I've met), where I am. At all time. SO SHE CAN AVOID ME. :smallfurious:

Girls.

That sounds nice. The other chick, not so much. What the heck.
But don't just say "Girls" like that. (I will admit to turning away and sighing, "Boys", recently. It was perfect because one female friend who was also there did the exact same thing at the exact same moment.) There are probably plenty of guys who are poopheads like that too. (No, I know there are.)
Most of the people I (Hey it's 11:11 make a wish!) become close friends with are girls. Right now I guess I have a fairly even mix; here at school the group I hang out with most usually consists of around four girls and around three guys (counting me), depending on who else is around.

Kenderwizard - Cheerful Fairy:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2209/kenderfairy.png

:smalltongue:

I like it!

Anuan
2012-02-11, 11:15 AM
That is a joke that should be used many times. It doesnt get old. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah. Though to be fair this was after he, after we hugged, began to grind on me and hump my leg. Whilst squeezing my butt. Twenty minutes later or so, before we left, we were all saying goodbye and we kissed :smallcool:

Best part of this is I can now tell people that I kissed Voltaire, and when they asked what happened I can say "He was going around the group giving cheekkisses and hugs goodbye, and then he took my hands, gazed into my eyes and then we kissed." Because that is -exactly- what happened. And it was hilarious. And then my friend Steph (who is entirely Asexual, but was quite drunk and is a huge fan) got in on it cause she didn't want me to 'beat' her, so she smooched him too :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2012-02-11, 11:22 AM
Heh :smalltongue: My girlfriend just laughed at it. Not sure it counts when it's a famous musician and you're both joking and far too willing to let a joke go as far as it wants, but if I'm gonna kiss one guy in my life I'm glad it was him.

This is a joke that she be happening more often, with me as the punchline.

Ashen Lilies
2012-02-11, 11:28 AM
I can now tell people that I kissed Voltaire,

Jealousy. I has it. I HAS IT.

Mina Kobold
2012-02-11, 11:39 AM
To be fair, I think you and Voltaire kissing might result in a demonic Armageddon, Kris. X3

That is exactly what he is aiming to cause by making you jealous, isn't it? :smalleek:

We must stop him! It would end in-Uhm, end in... You know, that actually sounds pretty fun. To the Make-Voltaire-and-Kid-Kris-Kiss-Mobile! :smalltongue:

Astrella
2012-02-11, 11:52 AM
Yeah. Though to be fair this was after he, after we hugged, began to grind on me and hump my leg. Whilst squeezing my butt. Twenty minutes later or so, before we left, we were all saying goodbye and we kissed :smallcool:

Best part of this is I can now tell people that I kissed Voltaire...

My jaw now hurts; from it hitting the floor. :smallannoyed::smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 11:54 AM
I kissed a dude today.

He had really soft lips.

dood r u gay or somthing? lol

Lix Lorn
2012-02-11, 12:01 PM
Best part of this is I can now tell people that I kissed Voltaire,
My jealousy is the jealousy that will PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Also wow, awesome. xD

Ashen Lilies
2012-02-11, 12:02 PM
Nuh uh! My jealously is jealousier than your jealousy! :smallmad::smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2012-02-11, 12:05 PM
I'm apathetic about it.:smalltongue:

Though, if Anuan is happy about it, I'm happy for him. I'm just not jealous at all.

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 12:10 PM
I kissed a guy once, as part of a Truth-Or-Dare. Didn't feel like anything. Now when I kiss girls... I guess I'm just not as cool as some of you gays...

Lix Lorn
2012-02-11, 12:10 PM
Nuh uh! My jealously is jealousier than your jealousy! :smallmad::smalltongue:
There is clearly only one solution! :smallfurious:
(kisses Kris instead)
:3

pffh
2012-02-11, 12:13 PM
I kissed a guy once, as part of a Truth-Or-Dare. Didn't feel like anything. Now when I kiss girls... I guess I'm just not as cool as some of you gays...

Brah you kissed a girl? That's so gay.

Ashen Lilies
2012-02-11, 12:14 PM
Gah! Cooties! Getitoffgetitoff! D=

@^: Yeah, that was pretty homosexual of him.

Lix Lorn
2012-02-11, 12:21 PM
Gah! Cooties! Getitoffgetitoff! D=
;_;
you don't like meeee

(runs off crying into Asta's arms)

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 12:22 PM
I'm not jealous. I have a whole pile of 85% dark chocolate in my desk and the BBC just did an article on how some dude proved that chocolate is four times better than kissing. [link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6558775.stm)]

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 12:24 PM
;_;
you don't like meeee

You are safe with me.

*holds Lix close and glares at Kid Kris*

Serpentine
2012-02-11, 12:25 PM
The Succubus has my chocolate :(

Mystic Muse
2012-02-11, 12:25 PM
*Huggles Lixie. Along with all her ponies. Yes, even Smoothie.*

Lix Lorn
2012-02-11, 12:27 PM
You are safe with me.

*holds Lix close and glares at Kid Kris*
(sniffles)

*Huggles Lixie. Along with all her ponies. Yes, even Smoothie.*
(hugs)
...wow.

Ashen Lilies
2012-02-11, 12:31 PM
;_;
you don't like meeee

It's not my fault you're a pretty giiiiiiiirl... Pretty girls frighten Kris, and must be kept away from him at all times! :thog:

Pretty boys, on the other hand... :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 12:32 PM
It's not my fault you're a pretty giiiiiiiirl... Pretty girls frighten Kris, and must be kept away from him at all times! :thog:

See, Lixie? You're safe with me.

Edit: Maybe the next thread should be named Occasionally On-Topic

Faceist
2012-02-11, 12:37 PM

Hey, ugly boys need love too. Loooove meeeeee!

Zea mays
2012-02-11, 12:42 PM
:smalltongue: ... :smallredface:

Finally, after much problem solving by my resident Problem Solver.... HERE IT IS!!

Asta's card!
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/Stuart_Gorman/Piture.jpg
This is awesome and you are awesome. :smallsmile:

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 12:43 PM
Edit: Maybe the next thread should be named Occasionally On-Topic

This is a good plan.
Alternatively, "Hugging is On-Topic".

Viera Champion
2012-02-11, 12:54 PM
Hey, ugly boys need love too. Loooove meeeeee!

You shall receive the gift granted only to the newest of pixies.

*huggles*

turkishproverb
2012-02-11, 01:11 PM

Finally, after much problem solving by my resident Problem Solver.... HERE IT IS!!

Asta's card!
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/Stuart_Gorman/Piture.jpg

Awesome card.

*Hugs Asta and KenderWizard*

supernerd
2012-02-11, 01:22 PM
I haven't kissed a boy(or anyone for that matter) yet... But I really want to! There's two in particular. One's a real possibility, and the other Is Darren Criss. I would melt if I got five minutes with the Harry Potter that sings. Oh, and plays Blaine on Glee, Blaine's pretty sexy too. (celebrity crush... lol whut?)

Viera Champion
2012-02-11, 01:51 PM
I haven't kissed a boy(or anyone for that matter) yet... But I really want to! There's two in particular. One's a real possibility, and the other Is Darren Criss. I would melt if I got five minutes with the Harry Potter that sings. Oh, and plays Blaine on Glee, Blaine's pretty sexy too. (celebrity crush... lol whut?)

Yeah. Though we all know Darren Criss has kissed Chris Colfer like a million times, he is straight.

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 02:04 PM
There's a pic somewhere on facebook that really looks like me kissing another dude, but it was just the angle of the shot.
*goes to find picture*

Edit: I gave up. It might be on my hard drive somewhere but pictures of high school social life are depressing.

In other news, does this line make me an ass or a nerd? "She only makes a four because of sig figs."

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 02:14 PM

Actually, I just realized you're 22... which makes my comment a liiittle creepy. You are safe from me.

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 02:31 PM
Actually, I just realized you're 22... which makes my comment a liiittle creepy. You are safe from me.

It's (Age/2)+7. But you're over thirty, aren't you?

Which reminds me of some picture that I might have even seen on this forum (who even keeps track of sources?).
http://i43.tinypic.com/33ognzk.jpg
I don't know why but every time I see this I giggle.

pffh
2012-02-11, 02:39 PM

Which reminds me of some picture that I might have even seen on this forum (who even keeps track of sources?).

Not illegal everywhere. In fact there are more places where it's legal then where gay marrage is legal.

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 02:45 PM

I'm 38, so 26 would be my lower bound. That's not to say that if I find the perfect woman and she's 22, and she was madly in love with me I would give her the cold shoulder... but I'd probably feel dirty for a while.

Age of consent is 15 in Sweden.

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 02:49 PM
I think this was made in the US, considering in most states the age of consent is between sixteen and eighteen, i.e., over fifteen.

Viera Champion
2012-02-11, 03:13 PM

Those are the cutest sketchified people ever.

PairO'Dice Lost
2012-02-11, 03:27 PM
So, on the topic of kissing the object(s) of one's affection, Valentine's Day is coming up soon. Does anyone here have any special plans/wish they had special plans/think it's overrated?

As for myself, this will be a "first" for both of us (first Valentine's with a guy for the boyfriend, first Valentine's with anyone at all for me), so we're exchanging gifts and, unbeknownst to him, I'll driving to his university to surprise him with lunch and spend the rest of the day with him, since neither of us have any classes that day. Since he doesn't like chocolate all that much, I'll be building him a rose and a box of chocolates out of Legos instead. :smallbiggrin:

In other news, does this line make me an ass or a nerd? "She only makes a four because of sig figs."

The nerdiness wins out, I think.

I also like "Sleep with her? I'd be less likely to catch a virus using IE6! :smalleek:"

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 03:37 PM
As for myself, this will be a "first" for both of us (first Valentine's with a guy for the boyfriend, first Valentine's with anyone at all for me), so we're exchanging gifts and, unbeknownst to him, I'll driving to his university to surprise him with lunch and spend the rest of the day with him, since neither of us have any classes that day. Since he doesn't like chocolate all that much, I'll be building him a rose and a box of chocolates out of Legos instead. :smallbiggrin:

Need... insulin... stat...

In other news I just had an idea - I wonder if chimerism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28genetics%29) is more common in trans people. Chimerism is when two twins merge early in the pregnancy. So if one twin is male and one twin is female you end up with a child who has a mixture of male and female cells. Maybe the cells of one twin ended up predominantly in the brain while other twin's cells end up in the gonads?

Could be worth testing.

Lix Lorn
2012-02-11, 03:40 PM
I'm 38, so 26 would be my lower bound. That's not to say that if I find the perfect woman and she's 22, and she was madly in love with me I would give her the cold shoulder... but I'd probably feel dirty for a while.
Man, I've been flirting with Asta for AGES.
Lessee. He's 38, so double my age...
((X+19)/2)+7=X when X=...
I'm not waiting til I'm thirty-three. -_-

Both, but it's really funny.
And it's only really ass-ish if you say it to her face, or it's someone you know well.

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 03:40 PM
Need... insulin... stat...

In other news I just had an idea - I wonder if chimerism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28genetics%29) is more common in trans people. Chimerism is when two twins merge early in the pregnancy. So if one twin is male and one twin is female you end up with a child who has a mixture of male and female cells. Maybe the cells of one twin ended up predominantly in the brain while other twin's cells end up in the gonads?

Could be worth testing.

That doesn't seem very likely to me. And seeing as how they've done tests on trans peoples' brains as compared to cis peoples' brains, I think they might have noticed if that were the case.
Speaking of mice (there's a mouse on that Wiki page!) I caught one with by bare hands yesterday.

Edit:

Man, I've been flirting with Asta for AGES.
Lessee. He's 38, so double my age...
((X+19)/2)+7=X when X=...
I'm not waiting til I'm thirty-three. -_-

Both, but it's really funny.
And it's only really ass-ish if you say it to her face, or it's someone you know well.

Who cares if it's creepy as long as it's love? (And legal.)

It was in response to some internet thing saying "Which would you prefer, a real Pikachu or a hot chick dressed as a Pikachu?" So it's some random Internet chick.

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 03:47 PM
That doesn't seem very likely to me. And seeing as how they've done tests on trans peoples' brains as compared to cis peoples' brains, I think they might have noticed if that were the case.
Speaking of mice (there's a mouse on that Wiki page!) I caught one with by bare hands yesterday.

You're probably right. But if I keep on spouting theories one of them will eventually be correct!

I have a million monkeys with typewriters living in my head... :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I may be wrong but at least I'm on topic!

Blisstake
2012-02-11, 04:13 PM
I think this was made in the US, considering in most states the age of consent is between sixteen and eighteen, i.e., over fifteen.

And in most states gay marriage isn't legal. So 3 of those would be crossed out in most cases.

I do have problems with marriage involving people so young (regardless of how old the other person is), but I don't think that's really appropriate for this thread.

The Succubus
2012-02-11, 04:16 PM
On the subject of hot manly kissing, I would admit to a one off smooching encounter with a fellow of similar age but I'm afraid of scandalising the thread and causing our ladies to faint.

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 04:19 PM
On the subject of hot manly kissing, I would admit to a one off smooching encounter with a fellow of similar age but I'm afraid of scandalising the thread and causing our ladies to faint.

I think you underestimate our ladies... they revel in yaoi tales.

Nix Nihila
2012-02-11, 04:20 PM

That's fine, fainting might be worth it.

ION, a cute guy was flirting with me at the tea house I frequent, but I was in boy mode so I got very shy, and it triggered up my dysphoria again. (Fortunately, I don't go into boy mode very often anymore, so I get to do most of my flirting in girl mode.)

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 04:23 PM
You're probably right. But if I keep on spouting theories one of them will eventually be correct!

I have a million monkeys with typewriters living in my head... :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I may be wrong but at least I'm on topic!

I think that's called a gambler's fallacy.
You're cute.

And in most states gay marriage isn't legal. So 3 of those would be crossed out in most cases.

I do have problems with marriage involving people so young (regardless of how old the other person is), but I don't think that's really appropriate for this thread.

I don't think it's even talking about marriage, it just says "love is love".

Blisstake
2012-02-11, 04:25 PM
Ah, fair enough. When I saw "this is illegal" I thought it was referring to marriage, rather than just love.

I don't think there's anything illegal about being in a relationship with someone who's 15, as long as you don't... you know...

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 04:28 PM
Ah, fair enough. When I saw "this is illegal" I thought it was referring to marriage, rather than just love.

I don't think there's anything illegal about being in a relationship with someone who's 15, as long as you don't... you know...

I think the "illegal" bit was referring to "making" love, not just being in love.
Do anything that might prompt them or their parents to press charges?

So, this is going around facebook, apparently. And although it's not entirely on-topic, I feel like you all might appreciate it.
http://i43.tinypic.com/292kwph.jpg

Serpentine
2012-02-11, 04:31 PM
Oooo. I like that one.

Asta Kask
2012-02-11, 04:35 PM

Loved it, stole it.

Blisstake
2012-02-11, 04:44 PM
I think the "illegal" bit was referring to "making" love, not just being in love.

All the same, I'm perfectly fine with that being illegal in most states.

Lix Lorn
2012-02-11, 04:55 PM
You're cute.
I think Asta's cuteness is self evident, is it not?

So, this is going around facebook, apparently. And although it's not entirely on-topic, I feel like you all might appreciate it.
I laughed. That's what was meant to happen, right?

Mono Vertigo
2012-02-11, 05:38 PM
That card is amazing. Love all the little avatars. You must have had a hard time with mine, sorry about that.

Could be worth testing.
It's funny, my boyfriend has chimerism. I don't know what sex was the other twin, though, and I don't believe it had any influence on his gender.

pffh
2012-02-11, 05:51 PM
It's funny, my boyfriend has chimerism. I don't know what sex was the other twin, though, and I don't believe it had any influence on his gender.

Does that count as a threesome?

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 05:51 PM
I'd say FMA was probably my favorite manga, except maybe Yu-gi-oh! (for the nostalgia). So I almost wish I could legitimately claim to be a chimera.

bluewind95
2012-02-11, 05:55 PM
Valentine's Day is coming up soon. Does anyone here have any special plans/wish they had special plans/think it's overrated?

I wish I had special plans, but...

Or I wish I could be an aromantic asexual instead of just asexual. That'd be great.

noparlpf
2012-02-11, 05:57 PM
I think I'll cut class to try to hook up my teacher with my brother.
(I don't have class on Tuesdays. :b )

Mono Vertigo
2012-02-11, 06:32 PM
Does that count as a threesome?
:smallconfused:

:confused:

:smallsigh:

Mutant Sheep
2012-02-11, 06:48 PM
:smallconfused:

:confused:

I thought it was hilarious.:smallcool: /has the crude humor and is loving it

supernerd
2012-02-11, 07:23 PM

I giggled too... :smallsmile:

So, on the topic of kissing the object(s) of one's affection, Valentine's Day is coming up soon. Does anyone here have any special plans/wish they had special plans/think it's overrated?

Umm I made him a rose... Out of paper... I was impressed, it only took 40 minutes and was pretty good for the first one I made ever.

Astrella
2012-02-11, 07:52 PM
Came across this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zIUjf-LIoi8#t=104s) of a trans* person on LA Ink, was pretty nifty how they handled it.

turkishproverb
2012-02-11, 08:45 PM
Umm I made him a rose... Out of paper... I was impressed, it only took 40 minutes and was pretty good for the first one I made ever.

...That is adorable.

Kneenibble
2012-02-11, 10:09 PM

The only message I can get out of that picture is that somebody wants the legal age of consent to be lower, which is very rarely a respectably motivated branch of activism.

Or, what am I missing?

Worira
2012-02-11, 10:13 PM
The red is a commentary added to the picture by another person, who thought similarly to you.

Kneenibble
2012-02-11, 10:21 PM
Ah yes, okay. I see the funny.

SiuiS
2012-02-12, 01:17 AM
Why is a job application asking about gender at all? I don't see how that would be relevant in most jobs (Only jobs I can think of is a stripper or an actor)

Background checks? It's common to steal info on folks and use their numbers to get yourself where you want to go, and there are numerous cases where things would have stopped sooner if the authorities knew Casey was a dude, not a dudette.

Similar, I recently got a job, and asked for a copy of my background check. Shows how often they look at the things, as no one caught the two sets of SS#s, the divorce when I was 3, or the over-due electric bill from when I was 7 :smallannoyed:

If only they had bothered parsing by my middle initial, then my Da's stuff wouldn't have shown up...

I met a girl in my science class. She's really nice, and about as subtle as I am. It's really the perfect situation for me, because while others would call it dating, I call it a friendship between two sexes. I don't know why, but I guess I just warmed up to the idea of it.

Really badly.

Really, really, REALLY badly. I know she goes to my school, and what hurts the most is that she has gone out of her way to ask her friends (whom I've met), where I am. At all time. SO SHE CAN AVOID ME. :smallfurious:

Girls.

That sounds like an immature person, as opposed to a "girl". I've had the same behaviour from both sexes, myself. Sometime folks are just ... Well, the lowest common denominator is the lowest common denominator.

Ah, mind splitting sexual orientation down in terms of emotional & sexual attraction? Else I wouldn't know which to go by :P

Huh. That has my wheels turning. (run, hamsters! Run!)
Can you be a 'straight' or 'gay' asexual? I mean, if you separate emotional attachment from sexual, do you still factor in an orientation? I cannot grok that. It seems that if separate, sexual would be male/female/both/neither/sure!, where emotional would just be yes/no/other.

I am pretty sure I'm wrong, I just don't have the necessary connections to process it. That's pretty novel. What do you folks think?

To be fair, I think you and Voltaire kissing might result in a demonic Armageddon, Kris. X3

That is exactly what he is aiming to cause by making you jealous, isn't it? :smalleek:

We must stop him! It would end in-Uhm, end in... You know, that actually sounds pretty fun. To the Make-Voltaire-and-Kid-Kris-Kiss-Mobile! :smalltongue:

Shoot, I knew I should have gotten that gig as an oddly-specific-car salesmare! The Internet is the one place there would be such a market!

dood r u gay or somthing? lol

This is the funniest thing I've read all week. Thanks!

It's (Age/2)+7.

What, really? I figured so long as both folks are above the "you must be this tall to not get your partner arrested for smoochies" line you were in the clear.

More importantly (in the US), one is below adulthood and the other above. That makes it an automatic crime.

Yes, this means that high school sweethearts go through an awkward phase where one has a birthday before the other, and magically they are I allowed any sort of intimacy. Our legal system is weird.

My gosh, you're right! It's a good thing you didn't admit to such a one off. Nice save, that.

I think you underestimate our ladies... they revel in yaoi tales.

Quick point of contention… isn't yaoi a rather specific thing as opposed to just Boy x Boy?

Ok, I am just out of touch enough and just low enough on my faith in humanity that I have to ask.

This is... This is like, satire, right? Stating these rules like you're helping someone who occasionally slips into this behavior? There are no people who actually have to be given these rules with a straight face, right? :smalleek:

I think I'll cut class to try to hook up my teacher with my brother.
(I don't have class on Tuesdays. :b )

... Are you Applebloom?

It's the thought and the effort that count, mate. I'm sure that rose means a lot to the bloke.

... I am surprised to find that 'bloke' feels weird on the tongue when I'm not using it as a gender-neutral. Huh.

Came across this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zIUjf-LIoi8#t=104s) of a trans* person on LA Ink, was pretty nifty how they handled it.

quoted for future watchings. Back to work, I suppose.

noparlpf
2012-02-12, 01:27 AM
What, really? I figured so long as both folks are above the "you must be this tall to not get your partner arrested for smoochies" line you were in the clear.

More importantly (in the US), one is below adulthood and the other above. That makes it an automatic crime.

Yes, this means that high school sweethearts go through an awkward phase where one has a birthday before the other, and magically they are I allowed any sort of intimacy. Our legal system is weird.

Well, it depends on the state, but I know some states have taken that into account by making safety clauses like "if the partner is within two/three years of the other partner's age" or variable age of consent depending on whether or not the participants are virgins or not.
And apparently in CT statutory rape used to only apply to girls. So a twelve-year-old boy could have sex with a thirty-six-year-old woman. (Nowadays, she'd go to jail for statutory rape, but then he'd have to pay childcare when she got pregnant.)
Our legal system is weird.

Ok, I am just out of touch enough and just low enough on my faith in humanity that I have to ask.

This is... This is like, satire, right? Stating these rules like you're helping someone who occasionally slips into this behavior? There are no people who actually have to be given these rules with a straight face, right? :smalleek:

I'm fairly certain this is satire meant to point out how silly victim-blaming is.

... Are you Applebloom?

<.<
>.>
Maybe.
:b
(This is the first time in ages that I've actually watched a new episode the day it came out, AND gotten my laundry folded the same day I did it!)

golentan
2012-02-12, 01:38 AM
Stupid male period... :smallfurious:

*gnaws convenient chair*

bluewind95
2012-02-12, 01:46 AM
Huh. That has my wheels turning. (run, hamsters! Run!)
Can you be a 'straight' or 'gay' asexual? I mean, if you separate emotional attachment from sexual, do you still factor in an orientation? I cannot grok that. It seems that if separate, sexual would be male/female/both/neither/sure!, where emotional would just be yes/no/other.

I am pretty sure I'm wrong, I just don't have the necessary connections to process it. That's pretty novel. What do you folks think?

If it counts, I'm a heteroromantic asexual. Emotionally attracted to men... sexually attracted to nothing.

Kneenibble
2012-02-12, 01:56 AM
Stupid male period... :smallfurious:

*gnaws convenient chair*

You have some sanguinity needs soothing?

SiuiS
2012-02-12, 01:59 AM
Ms. Wizard, before I forget again, good job on the card! I would compliment specific stuff, but I'd compliment everything and I'd be here forever and I have to close soon, so, yeah. It's awesome though!

Our legal system is weird.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm fairly certain this is satire meant to point out how silly victim-blaming is.

Oh thank heavens.

<.<
>.>
Maybe.
:b
(This is the first time in ages that I've actually watched a new episode the day it came out, AND gotten my laundry folded the same day I did it!)

I am impressed! I rarely get laundry folded in the same week. I live oike one of those terrible college bachelors you see at the cinema, except everything is clean. Messy, sure, but no food or trash.

If it counts, I'm a heteroromantic asexual. Emotionally attracted to men... sexually attracted to nothing.

... Heteromantic is the best word. The very best one.
That's... I dunno. I can understand it and feel silly for not getting it sooner, but it only works in specifics. I can understand heterosexual as a concept, but for some reason "asexual" and any specific orientation seem like conflicting things.

That does help by the way, yes. I think I have to wrassle with some preconceptions I didn't know I had. I will get to that when I'm done training my wallet.

golentan
2012-02-12, 02:09 AM
You have some sanguinity needs soothing?

Yes, in a nutshell. But melancholic fluid is disgusting. As I see it, I need to balance the equation with something outside the four humor system. Would you be willing to experiment with physical therapies and other bodily fluids with me until we find a solution, my dear kneebiter?

Mystic Muse
2012-02-12, 02:10 AM
So, I have yet to had an opportunity to come out. I haven't had a chance to ask my mom, and she won't be back until Wednesday (Visiting relatives) but I did ask my dad what he thought about transsexuality.

After talking to him, I think he'll respond okay, but I'm almost positive he won't be okay with it.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-12, 02:18 AM
So, I have yet to had an opportunity to come out. I haven't had a chance to ask my mom, and she won't be back until Wednesday (Visiting relatives) but I did ask my dad what he thought about transsexuality.

After talking to him, I think he'll respond okay, but I'm almost positive he won't be okay with it.

A supportive response is what you need. Doesn't matter at this stage if they're okay with it; you can work on that and find a solution together, but right now, you just need support. Again, I encourage you to come out.

Mystic Muse
2012-02-12, 02:37 AM
A supportive response is what you need. Doesn't matter at this stage if they're okay with it; you can work on that and find a solution together, but right now, you just need support. Again, I encourage you to come out.

Yeah. Just looking for the right time. It's been hard to find a point where they're both alone. It seems like either my brother or sister is always home at the same time, and I really need it to just be the two of them for now. I can come out to the rest of my family later.

I'm not sure where to look about stuff regarding this. Anything that could be useful in convincing my parents I'm not completely insane would be nice.

I've got the "13 Misconceptions about Trans-women" by Skepchick thing bookmarked, and unless they're going to be completely illogical about it, I've got the religion thing covered too. I'm just not sure what else they're going to ask about.

Edit: To be clear, I'd like to be able to make clear that it isn't a symptom of something being wrong with my brain, or something that if I try hard enough I can just 'fix'.

Kneenibble
2012-02-12, 02:46 AM
Soft Serve, I wish you the best in coming out to your family. I recently had to do this with some of them and I know how difficult it is: but you don't know how relieved you will be when it's out in the open.

Yes, in a nutshell. But melancholic fluid is disgusting. As I see it, I need to balance the equation with something outside the four humor system. Would you be willing to experiment with physical therapies and other bodily fluids with me until we find a solution, my dear kneebiter?

Certainly: I love innovating techniques. I would be very happy to help relieve you of excess fluids.

Lady Tialait
2012-02-12, 02:50 AM
Soft Serve, if you cannot find a time that is good to tell them, you could manufacture one. Tell your mother and father that you want to talk to them, and just them. Tell them it's a personal issue that you don't want your brother or sister to know about.

This will have two useful effects, one it will allow you to not have to just burst out with it. You can tell them on your terms, and be prepared for any reaction you may get.

The other effect this gives you is they are prepared for the worst, they may think you have some type of STD (or guess at whatever truth you are going to tell them.) Either way, they will prepare themselves, and that will make their reaction a lot more calm.

Just my two cents, I never really had something like this to tell my parents, and my brother's way of 'coming out' was half a sentence finished by my dad. (My Brother: Mom, Dad, I'm.. Dad: Gay?)

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 03:26 AM
Yeah. Just looking for the right time. It's been hard to find a point where they're both alone. It seems like either my brother or sister is always home at the same time, and I really need it to just be the two of them for now. I can come out to the rest of my family later.

I'm not sure where to look about stuff regarding this. Anything that could be useful in convincing my parents I'm not completely insane would be nice.

I've got the "13 Misconceptions about Trans-women" by Skepchick thing bookmarked, and unless they're going to be completely illogical about it, I've got the religion thing covered too. I'm just not sure what else they're going to ask about.

Edit: To be clear, I'd like to be able to make clear that it isn't a symptom of something being wrong with my brain, or something that if I try hard enough I can just 'fix'.

You may want to direct them to this post as well... (http://freethoughtblogs.com/nataliereed/2012/02/03/how-to-ask-a-trans-person-questions-without-being-insensitive-about-it/)

I don't know how to help you with this, sorry. *hug* You can try to contact Natalie (sincerelynataliereed (at) gmail (dot) com) but she gets so much mail (a considerable portion of which is from me) she can't answer it all.

Edit: Seconds Lady Tialait's suggestion about making a special time.

Triscuitable
2012-02-12, 03:42 AM
Alright, popping in once again.

Great to have you back, Asta. It's been dreary without you.

Also, I found a photo from my first scuba dive! It was back when I was still learning, so it's really special to me, especially since I'm certified Adv. Open Water.

There was a nice photo, but the forums hate Facebook photo embeds. Then again, linking the photo isn't too hard. (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/216477_194280527276335_8229497_n.jpg)

Hang loose, y'all. Goodness, been to Texas, what, thrice? For thirty minutes each time? Some of my dad's California-to-Texas-to-Washington life has rubbed off on me. No matter.

Caustic Soda
2012-02-12, 04:58 AM
Best of luck with the parents, Soft Serve. And if you haven't come out to your siblings yet, best of luck with that whenever you decide to.

SiuiS
2012-02-12, 07:08 AM

I suggest getting in a fight.

Rather, I suggest that if you ever have a fight, like an argument, that would be the time to do it. The adrenaline makes the admission easier, and there is an emotive cap; if your parents are already upset, the difference between mad + daughter coming out would be definitely smaller than 0 to daughter coming out (should I be saying daughter? I think so, but...)

The assumes several things though. For one, that it will be met with emotion and negative ones at that. If this is not the case, then you'd probably be sabotaging yourself unless you know the parents well enough to have thought of his on your own. It also assumes that you are going to continually ride the crest of the wave without ever dropping down and taking the plunge; that you'll always be waiting for the next time when it will be really good to tell them, instead of now when it's merely good. If you can actually get it done, go for it!

But in the end, that is my advice. Just do it. You can't predict what they'll say, but you can know yourself enough to answer any question. That's what matters.

KenderWizard
2012-02-12, 08:23 AM
I love it! You even remembered to make me a bit shorter than most of the others! :smallbiggrin:

... hold on. How did you know that I'm relatively short? :smallconfused:

It's so awesome to recognize so many of you guys and gals! :smallbiggrin: :smallcool:

Because I'm a wizard. Duh. :smalltongue:

Definitely not because I just drew you a bit small without really meaning to. :smallredface:

Kenderwizard - Cheerful Fairy:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2209/kenderfairy.png

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! :smallbiggrin:

I know, honey. It's grand! Anyway, all's fair in love and war, between consenting adults on the internet. :smalltongue:

I faint anyway, no bother there! :smallwink:

I've seen that a few times before, it's so clever! You get so sick of the victim-blaming prevention tips.

That card is amazing. Love all the little avatars. You must have had a hard time with mine, sorry about that.

Oh, no problem! It was fun to do the kooky different ones.

I'd say FMA was probably my favorite manga, except maybe Yu-gi-oh! (for the nostalgia). So I almost wish I could legitimately claim to be a chimera.

I love Yu-Gi-Oh! We ARE the same person!

Also, thank you again to everyone who's saying such nice things about the card! :smallredface: I'm super busy this weekend (singing with my old choir, yay!) so I haven't had time to thank everyone individually for all your sweet words, but I really appreciate it. :smallsmile:

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 09:09 AM

Hmm... what alterations would be necessary to apply this to homophobia or transphobia?

Edit: Got this from Natalie's latest blog post
Imagine Gender as a Planet (BIG image):
http://i.imgur.com/NNkeO.jpg

noparlpf
2012-02-12, 10:00 AM
I am impressed! I rarely get laundry folded in the same week. I live like one of those terrible college bachelors you see at the cinema, except everything is clean. Messy, sure, but no food or trash.

I am a college bachelor (or technically I will be in a few months when I'm old enough to marry), but I'm the clean sort. Except for that tea stain on the floor I haven't cleaned up yet because I was busy freaking out last night, the dirt around the floor I can't deal with because the former housekeeper apparently stole the vacuum when he left, and (usually, but amazingly not today!) the hamper full of clean unfolded laundry. But when my laundry isn't folded yet, I do put my dirty laundry in the closet instead of just lying around anywhere.

I love Yu-Gi-Oh! We ARE the same person!

Did you like the card game, the show, or the manga? When I was a kid Saturday mornings were the best, I'd make sure to be up to watch new episodes. And through middle school, one of my friends and I would play the card game through the school day. And somewhere in there I found "Season Zero" online, and I bought the manga. (I still don't own half of the Duelist series, though, and I need to see whether the next GX volumes have come out...)

Hmm... what alterations would be necessary to apply this to homophobia or transphobia?

I like it!

pffh
2012-02-12, 10:37 AM
The adventures of love skull:
Url edited out just to be safe. You can google oglaf for funnies.
NSFW but very funny.

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 10:44 AM
I know from sad personal experience that we are not supposed to link to NSFW content.

pffh
2012-02-12, 10:47 AM
I know from sad personal experience that we are not supposed to link to NSFW content.

Right editing it then.

golentan
2012-02-12, 11:27 AM
Certainly: I love innovating techniques. I would be very happy to help relieve you of excess fluids.

I think you have mistook me. I was thinking the addition of fluids to balance the system. Saliva and *ahem*, applied experimentally to as many parts of the body as possible in the name of experimental verification of my theories.

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 11:30 AM
What does 'male period' entail exactly?

Mutant Sheep
2012-02-12, 11:38 AM
Spontaneous feelings of feeling the need to make love, I believe.

golentan
2012-02-12, 11:41 AM

Wild hormone swings. In my case, I get depressed, then I get irritable, then the sorts of people I'm attracted to veer sharply towards the masculine and I become incapable of satisfying my sexual urges for a day or two (not for lack of vigorous trying), and usually sequester myself until I'm polite company again.

Qaera
2012-02-12, 11:43 AM
Wild hormone swings. In my case, I get depressed, then I get irritable, then the sorts of people I'm attracted to veer sharply towards the masculine and I become incapable of satisfying my sexual urges for a day or two (not for lack of vigorous trying), and usually sequester myself until I'm polite company again.

Let me know if you find a way to deal with it :smallredface:

~ ♅

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 12:37 PM

You could get a nice man to help you. Unless your relationship with Chaoskristy forbids such adventures.

golentan
2012-02-12, 12:41 PM
You could get a nice man to help you. Unless your relationship with Chaoskristy forbids such adventures.

It does not, but I don't know any nice men who would be interested. I mean, I do know a nice man who'd be interested, but I find the one I'm thinking of fairly unattractive.

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 01:05 PM
Would it help if I offered you a virtual backrub?

(I'm hardly anyone's idea of physical beauty)

KenderWizard
2012-02-12, 01:11 PM
Golentan's male period is very different from female period, while remaining awkward and unpleasant. Less messy and painful, more frustrating, I'd say.

That's awesome!

On victim blaming and stuff, spoilered for being about nasty things such as rape and transist violence:

See, the thing about it is, that specific branch of misogyny that says "women are to blame for being the target of rape" is victim blaming in a way that is kind of different from most forms of discrimination, including other kinds of misogyny. So there isn't really a way to apply it to a wide branch of discrimination.

The part you could apply it to is being the victim of bigoted violence while openly trans, because some people might say "Well, if you hadn't been flaunting your transsexuality, you wouldn't have been attacked" or "If you didn't go to the bad part of town, you would have been fine". It's still not as widespread, though (the blaming, not the violence). I mean, the police, blogs and magazines aimed at women, and advertising campaigns are constantly saying "Don't drink too much, don't go out by yourself, don't dress too slutty ... otherwise you'll get raped". I am not saying that trans people are less likely to be attacked than women, I am saying that there isn't a culturally accepted movement to "advise" them on how not to get the bigots angry the way there is a movement to advise women on how not to get men all rape-y. Maybe there will be in the (hopefully narrow) window between trans people becoming more culturally visible and transist violence going away. In fact, it could already be happening in places where trans people are a visible minority.

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 01:23 PM
Golentan's male period is very different from female period, while remaining awkward and unpleasant. Less messy and painful, more frustrating, I'd say.

Don't some women have it like that when they're ovulating? A friend on another forum said she had to visit the bathroom five or six times per day on ovulation day.

Lix Lorn
2012-02-12, 01:28 PM
Lies.
Also potentially slander.

Mystic Muse
2012-02-12, 01:31 PM
Lies.
Also potentially slander.

If it's written, it's libel.:smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 01:32 PM
Can you libel yourself?

Possibly in the UK, but not in civilized countries... :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2012-02-12, 01:55 PM
If it's written, it's libel.:smalltongue:

Can you libel yourself?

Possibly in the UK, but not in civilized countries... :smallbiggrin:
See, this is why I was going to just put lies, but then 10chars.

Just lies then. Asta is pretty and handsome.

KenderWizard
2012-02-12, 02:25 PM
Don't some women have it like that when they're ovulating? A friend on another forum said she had to visit the bathroom five or six times per day on ovulation day.

Dunno. When I ovulate, it's just mildly painful. Like a mini-period. But anything with hormones gushing around could cause almost anything, so I'm sure some women get that. Do you mean "going to the bathroom" as a euphemism for ... lady-time? Like, amusing oneself? I'm trying to find a less euphemistic euphemism here! Was she euphemisming herself in there? Because I don't know what else you could mean, that would be like golentan's period.

Astrella
2012-02-12, 02:44 PM
Good luck, Soft Serve!

Whiny stuff:
Feeling really upset and drained right now; a really vile trans-related argument took place in the gitpchat group and it left me thoroughly drained. Well, at least I'm back at resi now and my new laptop & tablet will arrive soon.

golentan
2012-02-12, 02:51 PM
Would it help if I offered you a virtual backrub?

Aww, thank you you fine handsome fellow. But helping probably isn't the right word.

Yeah... I literally keep things around to chew on. Bits of wood, mostly, left over from my woodworking days.

On victim blaming and stuff, spoilered for being about nasty things such as rape and transist violence:

See, the thing about it is, that specific branch of misogyny that says "women are to blame for being the target of rape" is victim blaming in a way that is kind of different from most forms of discrimination, including other kinds of misogyny. So there isn't really a way to apply it to a wide branch of discrimination.

The part you could apply it to is being the victim of bigoted violence while openly trans, because some people might say "Well, if you hadn't been flaunting your transsexuality, you wouldn't have been attacked" or "If you didn't go to the bad part of town, you would have been fine". It's still not as widespread, though (the blaming, not the violence). I mean, the police, blogs and magazines aimed at women, and advertising campaigns are constantly saying "Don't drink too much, don't go out by yourself, don't dress too slutty ... otherwise you'll get raped". I am not saying that trans people are less likely to be attacked than women, I am saying that there isn't a culturally accepted movement to "advise" them on how not to get the bigots angry the way there is a movement to advise women on how not to get men all rape-y. Maybe there will be in the (hopefully narrow) window between trans people becoming more culturally visible and transist violence going away. In fact, it could already be happening in places where trans people are a visible minority.

It would be nice if victim blaming stopped being culturally acceptable against Trans people. But there are a lot of things that society could and should be doing on that front that it isn't.

Good luck, Soft Serve!

Whiny stuff:
Feeling really upset and drained right now; a really vile trans-related argument took place in the gitpchat group and it left me thoroughly drained. Well, at least I'm back at resi now and my new laptop & tablet will arrive soon.

Aww, hugs. Do you want to talk about it?

Coidzor
2012-02-12, 02:56 PM
Can you libel yourself?

I believe that you are more considered to just be self-deprecative in such an instance. Usually for comedic purpose.

I'm fairly certain that one cannot bring suit against one's self, generally speaking.

Do you mean "going to the bathroom" as a euphemism.

I should hope not. As that's a horrible euphemism. What with it muddying up whether one is extruding waste or seeking sexual release. :smallannoyed:

So if such is the case, would you kindly cease using that euphemism and find a new one, please.

Yeah... I literally keep things around to chew on. Bits of wood, mostly, left over from my woodworking days.

Ouch. Unless that's balsa wood that can't be good for your teeth. :smalleek:

Also, one of the few truly frightening things I've heard about in quite a while. :smallfrown:

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 02:58 PM
Dunno. When I ovulate, it's just mildly painful. Like a mini-period. But anything with hormones gushing around could cause almost anything, so I'm sure some women get that. Do you mean "going to the bathroom" as a euphemism for ... lady-time? Like, amusing oneself? I'm trying to find a less euphemistic euphemism here! Was she euphemisming herself in there? Because I don't know what else you could mean, that would be like golentan's period.

DIY sex? :smallsmile:

Astrella
2012-02-12, 02:58 PM
Aww, hugs. Do you want to talk about it?

*hugs*

Thank you for the offer, but I think it's best to just leave it behind me right now. :s

The Succubus
2012-02-12, 03:11 PM
I should hope not. As that's a horrible euphemism. What with it muddying up whether one is extruding waste or seeking sexual release. :smallannoyed:

So if such is the case, would you kindly cease using that euphemism and find a new one, please.

I searched in vain to find an alternative euphamism but in the end I was just groping around in the dark.

>:)

Viera Champion
2012-02-12, 05:34 PM
*hugs*

Thank you for the offer, but I think it's best to just leave it behind me right now. :s

Probably for the best. That whole thing really upset me too, which is why I quit the group. All the hate was just like... Ugh...

Lix Lorn
2012-02-12, 05:59 PM
I think euphemisming oneself is the best euphemism.

noparlpf
2012-02-12, 06:00 PM
Speaking of the word "euphemism", is there a good synonym for "euphemistically"? I can't think of one or find one and I don't like the flow of "euphemistically" in the sentence I'm trying to write.

Coidzor
2012-02-12, 06:33 PM
I think euphemisming oneself is the best euphemism.

That should work quite well. :smallamused:

Speaking of the word "euphemism", is there a good synonym for "euphemistically"? I can't think of one or find one and I don't like the flow of "euphemistically" in the sentence I'm trying to write.

doubletalk? Just construct the sentence so that euphemistic is the form you'd use?

Arachu
2012-02-12, 07:16 PM
AH GOD! I feel so damn inspirational right now!

I just talked to an 8th grader at my school about the fact that he is gay, asked him and helped him join a Facebook group I made for LGBT people at our school, and gave him advice on coming out, since he wants to be completely out in a month.:smallredface::smallbiggrin:

:smallbiggrin:

Really badly.

Girls.

*sympathetic :smallsigh::smallannoyed:*

:smallsmile: on the current friendship, though.

And thanks for all the nice words about the card, everyone. :smallsmile: It's cheered me up that I've cheered ye up!

It cheers me up that cheering us up cheered you up!

... :smalleek: *mind implodes*

I kissed a dude today.

He had really soft lips.

Lucky. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

I agree with the black text. :/

That's adorable. :smallbiggrin:

I don't have plans, sadly. In fact, I'm probably going to remember last Valentine's Day more strongly (had three kinds of first time (including first kiss), but they were all drunk... and (mostly) on dares). :/

... Wait a minute, isn't Val's Day Friday? That's the day I plan on dressing up for the first time! :total 180: :smallbiggrin:

Damn! *thumbs-up*

It was in response to some internet thing saying "Which would you prefer, a real Pikachu or a hot chick dressed as a Pikachu?" So it's some random Internet chick.

I'd say "neither - hot chick that knows Thunderbolt". :smalltongue:

Good luck, Soft Serve!

Whiny stuff:

*Hugs!*

You can also talk to me, if you want. About whatever, really. :mitd:

I had a bad week... :smallsigh:
My libido skyrocketed right in the middle of a dysphoric episode... After a busy week and depression kept me from shaving... Right before my body's libido mysteriously flatlined even though my mind's didn't.

That wasn't even the worst part... And I don't even think it's over yet. I feel okay, but there were also nightmares...

The Dark Fiddler
2012-02-12, 08:26 PM
This may the be the least on-topic on-topic question ever asked in this thread, but... when did the A get added to LGBT? Or was it always there and I just never noticed? :smallconfused:

Asta Kask
2012-02-12, 08:29 PM
This may the be the least on-topic on-topic question ever asked in this thread, but... when did the A get added to LGBT? Or was it always there and I just never noticed? :smallconfused:

Thread 10, says on the first page.

Nix Nihila
2012-02-12, 08:30 PM
It was added ten threads ago, I believe.

Hugs to those who are having bad days/weeks.

supernerd
2012-02-12, 08:44 PM
DIY sex? :smallsmile:

A freak like me needs company!
All the freaks in all the world are here right now in Ney York City!

Ah, I will never forget when I lost my Broadway virginity to Spiderman: Turn off the Dark.

For relevance, Dr. Osborn's research was called the DIY project. At least in the musical, I'm not sure about the comics/shows though.

CrimsonAngel
2012-02-12, 09:59 PM
*sneaks in quietly, taking momentary lapse in srs bsns to his advantage*

I came out to my parents, splintering some of the last remaining pieces of my figurative closet. Next up, my grandparents and Cool aunt and uncle. After that, my Religious aunt and uncle.

On another note, the new student in my class was very interested in my sexual preferences.
I walk past him in bright yellow pants
He asks if i'm gay. I say yes and walk away because I have work to do and my sexuality isn't a big deal.
He sits down next to me. As does my pansexual friend Vanessa.
He tells me that being gay is weird and that he would "die without *****."
He asks me if my parents know. I say yes. He says his momma would beat him if he told her he was gay. He asks if i'm prepared to go to hell, so I smile and say, "Yes. I prefer to live in warmer climates anyway."
He tells me that "Hell is like fire, only ten-thousand times hotter" This doesn't scare me and I continue to feign excitement over going to Hell.
Him and his friend laugh and then he looks at me with a serious face and asks, "How do y'all even do it?"
I tell him.
He laughs again and says that that's disgusting. I don't really care.

And then I go do something else nearby with headphones in my ears. He starts talking with my friend and is shocked to find out that she's pansexual. He proceeds to hit on her and then, with much courage, asks if she would be willing to sleep with him. He really asked if she would sleep with him.

Obviously she said no, but still.

Anyway, that's my contribution. *flies away into the universe*

Serpentine
2012-02-12, 10:09 PM
o.O
Credit given for ballsiness?
Points off for utter inappropriateness...

golentan
2012-02-12, 10:43 PM
I've never understood how people can be so self assured that another human being is objectively evil, particularly for things that don't involve harming another person. That bothers me the most in your story, crimson, that implication. :smallsigh:

Though he didn't precisely come off as a deep thinker in your tale.

Arachu
2012-02-12, 11:09 PM

I came out to my parents, splintering some of the last remaining pieces of my figurative closet. Next up, my grandparents and Cool aunt and uncle. After that, my Religious aunt and uncle.

On another note, the new student in my class was very interested in my sexual preferences.
He asks if i'm gay. I say yes and walk away because I have work to do and my sexuality isn't a big deal.
He asks me if my parents know. I say yes. He says his momma would beat him if he told her he was gay. He asks if i'm prepared to go to hell, so I smile and say, "Yes. I prefer to live in warmer climates anyway."
He tells me that "Hell is like fire, only ten-thousand times hotter" This doesn't scare me and I continue to feign excitement over going to Hell.
Him and his friend laugh and then he looks at me with a serious face and asks, "How do y'all even do it?"
I tell him.

And then I go do something else nearby with headphones in my ears. He starts talking with my friend and is shocked to find out that she's pansexual. He proceeds to hit on her and then, with much courage, asks if she would be willing to sleep with him. He really asked if she would sleep with him.

You know, I actually respect that guy's stubbornness. :deadpan:

Nice reaction, Crim. It takes a lot of patience to shrug off a bigot like that, and few things annoy them more. :smalltongue:

Good luck with your family. :smallsmile:

neco
2012-02-12, 11:53 PM
First off hugs for all,

Secondly its time for my about one post per thread. Something exiting happened to me last night and I know you guys will understand the impact of it.I have to start with the boring background stuff first so hold tight. Now my dorm hall is practically one big family at this point in the year, and I have made some really good people that I am proud to call my friends. I have slowly started to come out to them, usually handling it one person at a time, which is all I am really comfortable with at the moment, and at this point 3 of my closest friends know and all of them have responded better than I could have imagined they would(have I mentioned that they are awesome!). We have reached the point that it is a pretty common occurrence for people to "cuddle" with each other for a while, usually for no more than a half an hour at a time, and when i say cuddle, it is always in the we are comfortable with ourselves and each other type of way.

Anyway now we can get to the interesting stuff. So last night one of my friends who does not know that I am gay, and whom I have feeling for complained that no one was cuddling with him on my best friends futon. Naturally I inclined, knowing that I would behave myself and not attempt to take things too far, which should not be hard considering he is not one who is big on continuous physical contact. So we started out with the fake semi-cuddling, but little by little we got closer, which I let him initiate at first, and it slowly turned intimate, not in the sexual way, more of the personal way. We even held hands for a while, which once again he initiated.:smallredface: It felt so right, and I almost kissed him, but fear and uncertainty stopped me. Somehow, in a way which I am not still now sure how it happened, 5 hours passed. During this whole time my best friend was chat-rouletting with another one of my friends who extremely drunk. As the sun began to rise my friends decided to call it quits, we slowing separated and went to our own rooms. I talked to my best friend about it today, and he just smiled and said that as soon as he saw that our cuddling was getting a little more intimate, he made sure that our drunk friend was occupied so that he would not interrupt.:smallredface: I have not had the chance to talk my cuddler about last night, but he was next on my list anyway.

Well I thank anyone who puts up with my long-windedness and excessive run on sentences, but i just had to get that out. And once again Hugs for all :smallsmile:

golentan
2012-02-13, 12:06 AM
'Luck, neco! And congrats! Cuddling is one step to tickling, which as this forum once told me is the gateway drug to sex.

And even if that's not a thing to look forward to, cuddles in their own right is amazing and good and wonderful.

neco
2012-02-13, 12:16 AM
thanks golentan! and of course right after I posted I had the chance to talk to my best friend some more about it, turns out that not only am I completely clueless that my cuddler is gay, he has known for about a week that I am too, ughhhh really need to talk to him now, but alas he is at a concert tonight until the wee hours.

golentan
2012-02-13, 12:18 AM
thanks golentan! and of course right after I posted I had the chance to talk to my best friend some more about it, turns out that not only am I completely clueless that my cuddler is gay, he has known for about a week that I am too, ughhhh really need to talk to him now, but alas he is at a concert tonight until the wee hours.

Yes, and nothing romantic can be accomplished in the dead of night. :smalltongue:

Again, wish you luck. That is a stroke of fortune in your favor already, neh?

pffh
2012-02-13, 02:43 AM

I don't know why but I now have the cutest mental image of you :smallbiggrin:

Good luck.

Asta Kask
2012-02-13, 02:55 AM

Good luck! :smallwink:

Caustic Soda
2012-02-13, 03:25 AM
Best of luck, neco. That's a rather sweet story, really :smallsmile:

Heliomance
2012-02-13, 04:56 AM
He tells me that "Hell is like fire, only ten-thousand times hotter"

Ten thousand times hotter than what sort of fire? Different things burn at different temperatures. Are we talking burning alcohol? Paper? A candle? Oil? Thermite?

SiuiS
2012-02-13, 05:44 AM
I think you have mistook me. I was thinking the addition of fluids to balance the system. Saliva and *ahem*, applied experimentally to as many parts of the body as possible in the name of experimental verification of my theories.

You continually astound me at your ability to say so little yet make me think so much. I'd go to the ends of the earth for such evocative language skill.

I think the fault lies in your assumption. Why is it a euphemism, as opposed to a statement of where someone goes to do their thing, along wih how many times a day the trip is made? "go to the bathroom" is starkly literal.

Ouch. Unless that's balsa wood that can't be good for your teeth. :smalleek:

Also, one of the few truly frightening things I've heard about in quite a while. :smallfrown:

I take it chewing on wood is not something you've done before? Teeth can withstand a lot more static force than they can dynamic force, kind of like an egg with a brick on it. The wood is also relatively spongy, even up to most hardwoods.

Plus, Golentan has six arms. Perhaps another difference are like, adamant teeth?

I envy your avatar. The depth of green present tinged me with a similar shade in jealousy. We're that I could have conveyed appropriately the hue of mine own mane, that it could properly match your fur.

o.O

Can't remember if they ever did an actual study on it, but there was serious conjecture at one point about the validity of walking into a singles bar and asking each and every woman there for a fun time. The theory being it has to work often enough that this behaviour catches on, despite the stigma thrown out by most women upon being propositioned in such a manner.

Ah man, now I'm thinking of pick up artists and other such sleaze...

First off hugs for all,

Secondly its time for my about one post per thread. Something exiting happened to me last night and I know you guys will understand the impact of it.I have to start with the boring background stuff first so hold tight. Now my dorm hall is practically one big family at this point in the year, and I have made some really good people that I am proud to call my friends. I have slowly started to come out to them, usually handling it one person at a time, which is all I am really comfortable with at the moment, and at this point 3 of my closest friends know and all of them have responded better than I could have imagined they would(have I mentioned that they are awesome!). We have reached the point that it is a pretty common occurrence for people to "cuddle" with each other for a while, usually for no more than a half an hour at a time, and when i say cuddle, it is always in the we are comfortable with ourselves and each other type of way.

Anyway now we can get to the interesting stuff. So last night one of my friends who does not know that I am gay, and whom I have feeling for complained that no one was cuddling with him on my best friends futon. Naturally I inclined, knowing that I would behave myself and not attempt to take things too far, which should not be hard considering he is not one who is big on continuous physical contact. So we started out with the fake semi-cuddling, but little by little we got closer, which I let him initiate at first, and it slowly turned intimate, not in the sexual way, more of the personal way. We even held hands for a while, which once again he initiated.:smallredface: It felt so right, and I almost kissed him, but fear and uncertainty stopped me. Somehow, in a way which I am not still now sure how it happened, 5 hours passed. During this whole time my best friend was chat-rouletting with another one of my friends who extremely drunk. As the sun began to rise my friends decided to call it quits, we slowing separated and went to our own rooms. I talked to my best friend about it today, and he just smiled and said that as soon as he saw that our cuddling was getting a little more intimate, he made sure that our drunk friend was occupied so that he would not interrupt.:smallredface: I have not had the chance to talk my cuddler about last night, but he was next on my list anyway.

Well I thank anyone who puts up with my long-windedness and excessive run on sentences, but i just had to get that out. And once again Hugs for all :smallsmile:

That's cute~ :smallbiggrin:
Good luck, mate.

Ten thousand times hotter than what sort of fire? Different things burn at different temperatures. Are we talking burning alcohol? Paper? A candle? Oil? Thermite?

Chalk me up as one of those ponies for whom anything above 500 F is "sufficiently Hot as to suck thoroughly". I think when you're getting into ten thousand times categories, it doesn't matter what the actual temperature is.

Of course, anything below 65 F is sufficiently cold as to suck thoroughly, so I am a terrible gauge.

pffh
2012-02-13, 05:51 AM
Chalk me up as one of those ponies for whom anything above 500 F is "sufficiently Hot as to suck thoroughly". I think when you're getting into ten thousand times categories, it doesn't matter what the actual temperature is.

Of course, anything below 65 F is sufficiently cold as to suck thoroughly, so I am a terrible gauge.

*Grabs calculator (google)* 65F is.... 18°C... How do you even survive? I consider everything above 10° C (50 F) and often less then that to be shorts and t-shirt weather.

(Everything above -5° is bbq weather).

Viera Champion
2012-02-13, 06:00 AM

~snip~

You're so cool.:smallredface:

Mina Kobold
2012-02-13, 06:46 AM

I tell him.

Sounds like he needs some enlightenment, or maybe a pie to the face. Would that help? :3

I always wondered why people try that argument, though. As far as I can tell, it's more a matter of which negative afterlife you go to first. I bet on Tartarus. :smalltongue:

First off hugs for all,

*Glomps*

That is adorable. Hope it gets even better! :smallsmile:

'Luck, neco! And congrats! Cuddling is one step to tickling, which as this forum once told me is the gateway drug to sex.

And even if that's not a thing to look forward to, cuddles in their own right is amazing and good and wonderful.

So, the fact that just having someone pretend to tickle me causes extremely uncomfortable sensory overload was foreshadowing of me being asexual? Does that make me a PC? OwO

Ashen Lilies
2012-02-13, 07:39 AM
Hell's a pretty awesome place. If I do say so myself. :smalltongue:

The Succubus
2012-02-13, 07:42 AM
Indeed. Hell's not a bad place to pick up delicious adventurous souls.....:smallwink:

Blisstake
2012-02-13, 07:59 AM
Hell ain't a bad place to be, as they say.

So, whenever I mention that I have a boyfriend, one of the first responses is always "Who's on top?" Is there any particular reason that people think it works that way, because I'm getting a bit tired of explaining that not every relationship works like that. Is this how it's shown in current television series/movies? I'm a bit media-deprived right now (probably a good thing), so I'm not too sure.

The Succubus
2012-02-13, 08:12 AM

So, whenever I mention that I have a boyfriend, one of the first responses is always "Who's on top?".

What gives them cause to think you have a bunk bed? :smallconfused:

Blisstake
2012-02-13, 08:15 AM
Even if I had a bunk bed we'd be on the same level :smalltongue:

noparlpf
2012-02-13, 09:14 AM
o.O

Shouldn't it be "ovariesiness"?

Thermite.

I think once you're up past one hundred and twenty degrees Fahrenheit it sucks thoroughly. Past eighty is hardly bearable.

*Grabs calculator (google)* 65F is.... 18°C... How do you even survive? I consider everything above 10° C (50 F) and often less then that to be shorts and t-shirt weather.

I don't like shorts. They're uncomfortable for me for some reason. But yesterday at negative eleven degrees Celsius, I wore a long-sleeved shirt (unzipped). :0
I consider three degrees on up to be t-shirt weather. Of course, if it were twenty-four degrees yesterday and today it were suddenly three degrees, I'd consider it "a bit nippy" because I wouldn't have had time to adjust.

I am proud of my relatively good proficiency with both Celsius and Fahrenheit. I grew up with Fahrenheit, but who even uses that anyway, and besides I'm a Chem major, so I have a Celsius thermometer in my window.

Serpentine
2012-02-13, 09:58 AM
Shouldn't it be "ovariesiness"?Indeed. I regret that I missed that opportunity.

golentan
2012-02-13, 10:11 AM
Indeed. I regret that I missed that opportunity.

Ladies, gentlemen, and others... Betty White. (http://aaylaveau.tumblr.com/post/11113210791/amazing-truth-why-do-people-say-grow-some)

supernerd
2012-02-13, 10:17 AM

Superconductor mercury. 4K(-269.15 Celsius). Turns out as 39726.85 Celsius. :smalltongue:

noparlpf
2012-02-13, 10:24 AM
Superconductor mercury. 4K(-269.15 Celsius). Turns out as 39726.85 Celsius. :smalltongue:

You really are a supernerd if you count the 0.15. XD

turkishproverb
2012-02-13, 10:25 AM

Superconductor? I just met'er!

and then they built the superconductor. :smalltongue:

Heliomance
2012-02-13, 10:27 AM

Thanks for catching the nitpick I missed - ten thousand times hotter in relation to what is also a valid concern.

Asta Kask
2012-02-13, 10:46 AM
I just received a letter in the mail... *dries eyes* and I want to say that I have the best friends in the whole world. *blows nose*

You are all invited to join me in a glomp-heap over at my house. And I'll start by glomping KenderWizard who drew the picture and organized everything. Thank you all so very, very much.

Anders Starmark

turkishproverb
2012-02-13, 10:59 AM
*hugs* Glad it helped.

Mina Kobold
2012-02-13, 11:09 AM
I just received a letter in the mail... *dries eyes* and I want to say that I have the best friends in the whole world. *blows nose*

You are all invited to join me in a glomp-heap over at my house. And I'll start by glomping KenderWizard who drew the picture and organized everything. Thank you all so very, very much.

Anders Starmark

*Heaps glomps upon*

Just wish I could have made one myself, but perhaps I can do that for a celebration! So get out and do something worthy of celebration! :smallsmile:

Also, your name makes me think of an interstellar Scandinavian Wall-Mart. Even your name is groovy! X3

Asta Kask
2012-02-13, 11:47 AM
If you find any Starmarks elsewhere, they're likely to be related to me. We are a small family.

Arachu
2012-02-13, 12:28 PM
First off hugs for all,

That story's so adorable! *tackleglomp* :haley:

Hope it turns out as well as it sounds like it will. I may or may not bother you into divulging more cuteness when it does. :roach:

I take it chewing on wood is not something you've done before? Teeth can withstand a lot more static force than they can dynamic force, kind of like an egg with a brick on it. The wood is also relatively spongy, even up to most hardwoods.

Plus, Golentan has six arms. Perhaps another difference are like, adamant teeth?

They probably regenerate/replace, whether they're made of keratin or titanium.

... Oh great, now I'm wondering why Wolverine doesn't have silvered teeth. This is going to bother me all day. *balled fist of vengeance!* :smalltongue:

Anything outside of the 50-70 F range sucks for me, though I can tolerate much lower or higher temperatures for quite a while... Unless, ironically enough, I'm also in the sun. At least I can wear jackets year-round. :mitd:

So, the fact that just having someone pretend to tickle me causes extremely uncomfortable sensory overload was foreshadowing of me being asexual? Does that make me a PC? OwO

That happened to me, and I ended up being a sexual anyway. I suppose that makes me a Linux. :smalltongue:

Shouldn't it be "ovariesiness"?

I thought about that, but I figured that it'd be insulting to the vast majority of rational/reasonable women. :smallyuk: :smalltongue:

Anders Starmark

*loads self into prototype glomp cannon* :smallbiggrin:

noparlpf
2012-02-13, 12:34 PM

Anders Starmark

*glomp*
You're cool.

Fredaintdead
2012-02-13, 12:38 PM

Anders Starmark

*joins in with the glomping*
Glad you're feeling better. :smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2012-02-13, 01:11 PM

Anders Starmark
(hugs tightly)
If I find myself anywhere near you, I am totally hunting you down for hugs. I'm even tempted to go there for the purpose!

KenderWizard
2012-02-13, 02:04 PM

:smalleek: But, tickles are awful! They trigger immediate and automatic violent lashing out. Do not tickle me! For your own safety.

Anders Starmark

YAY! :smallbiggrin: Operation Ridiculous Card is a success! I've been so worried it would get lost in the post! *cuddles* Hope you're feeling better, hon.

Asta Kask
2012-02-13, 02:06 PM
Lupron and kids. Found this article while snooping around PubMed:

Puberty suppression in adolescents with gender identity disorder: a prospective follow-up study.
de Vries AL, Steensma TD, Doreleijers TA, Cohen-Kettenis PT.
J Sex Med. 2011 Aug;8(8):2276-83. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2010.01943.x. Epub 2010 Jul 14.
PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
Puberty suppression by means of gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogues (GnRHa) is used for young transsexuals between 12 and 16 years of age. The purpose of this intervention is to relieve the suffering caused by the development of secondary sex characteristics and to provide time to make a balanced decision regarding actual gender reassignment.
AIM:
To compare psychological functioning and gender dysphoria before and after puberty suppression in gender dysphoric adolescents.
METHODS:
Of the first 70 eligible candidates who received puberty suppression between 2000 and 2008, psychological functioning and gender dysphoria were assessed twice: at T0, when attending the gender identity clinic, before the start of GnRHa; and at T1, shortly before the start of cross-sex hormone treatment.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:
Behavioral and emotional problems (Child Behavior Checklist and the Youth-Self Report), depressive symptoms (Beck Depression Inventory), anxiety and anger (the Spielberger Trait Anxiety and Anger Scales), general functioning (the clinician’s rated Children’s Global Assessment Scale), gender dysphoria (the Utrecht Gender Dysphoria Scale), and body satisfaction (the Body Image Scale) were assessed.
RESULTS:
Behavioral and emotional problems and depressive symptoms decreased, while general functioning improved significantly during puberty suppression. Feelings of anxiety and anger did not change between T0 and T1. While changes over time were equal for both sexes, compared with natal males, natal females were older when they started puberty suppression and showed more problem behavior at both T0 and T1. Gender dysphoria and body satisfaction did not change between T0 and T1. No adolescent withdrew from puberty suppression, and all started cross-sex hormone treatment, the first step of actual gender reassignment.

What they did was treat 70 kids between 12 and 16 years old with Lupron or Lupron-like drugs (shutting off the testicles and the ovaries). These kids were interviewed upon entering the program and before going on to HRT. What is extraordinary - almost unbelievable - is that there were no dropouts. There are always dropouts (you add about 10% to your sample size to account for it). Either I have misunderstood something (a very real possibility - it's been a long time since I studied papers) or this population of teenagers are vastly more committed to this treatment than any other group I've seen.

Interesting. Says volumes about the stability of GID.

noparlpf
2012-02-13, 02:20 PM
Lupron and kids. Found this article while snooping around PubMed:

What they did was treat 70 kids between 12 and 16 years old with Lupron or Lupron-like drugs (shutting off the testicles and the ovaries). These kids were interviewed upon entering the program and before going on to HRT. What is extraordinary - almost unbelievable - is that there were no dropouts. There are always dropouts (you add about 10% to your sample size to account for it). Either I have misunderstood something (a very real possibility - it's been a long time since I studied papers) or this population of teenagers are vastly more committed to this treatment than any other group I've seen.

Interesting. Says volumes about the stability of GID.

Fascinating. I don't read scientific papers often, but from the abstract, it does seem like there were no dropouts. I'm impressed.

Nix Nihila
2012-02-13, 02:24 PM
Asta, can I just say that your passion about transgendered issues makes me very happy? Maybe passion isn't the right word, but it's refreshing to see someone who isn't trans care about our issues. A lot of people I know who are interested in those sorts of issues are only interested because they see them as curiosities and not as actual things that other people are going through. So thank you. (This goes for all the other lovely people around here too, not just Asta!)

Asta Kask
2012-02-13, 02:40 PM
Asta, can I just say that your passion about transgendered issues makes me very happy? Maybe passion isn't the right word, but it's refreshing to see someone who isn't trans care about our issues. A lot of people I know who are interested in those sorts of issues are only interested because they see them as curiosities and not as actual things that other people are going through. So thank you. (This goes for all the other lovely people around here too, not just Asta!)

:smallredface:

Thank you. I'm very interested in three areas where transgender issues are important.

Philosophy: What is a man/woman? Who gets to say?
Neuroscience: What do transgender people tell us about how the brain represents gender?
Justice: I have a passion for justice, for not standing aside when evil is done. And I've almost always been the weak one. The feeling of getting to help others, to be the strong one for once is... exhilirating.

But none of this would have mattered if it hadn't been for the members of this thread. I think the first trans person I knew closer was Lix, and you know how it is with her - once you've met her you're lost. You can't believe anything bad about trans people after that. And the other trans people in this thread have only strengthened that feeling. You are wonderful, wonderful people all of you.

And then, activism. Natalie Reed taught me just how bad trans people have it. She gave me cold hard figures that I couldn't deny. After a momentary BSOD I've decided that the time for action is now.

Mono Vertigo
2012-02-13, 04:10 PM
Glad we helped you feel better, Asta! :smallsmile:
*hugs!*

Caustic Soda
2012-02-13, 04:33 PM

Anders Starmark

*Glomp* Glad to hear we've helped you to feel better, Asta.

Arachu
2012-02-13, 05:56 PM

Thank you. I'm very interested in three areas where transgender issues are important.

Philosophy: What is a man/woman? Who gets to say?
Neuroscience: What do transgender people tell us about how the brain represents gender?
Justice: I have a passion for justice, for not standing aside when evil is done. And I've almost always been the weak one. The feeling of getting to help others, to be the strong one for once is... exhilirating.

But none of this would have mattered if it hadn't been for the members of this thread. I think the first trans person I knew closer was Lix, and you know how it is with her - once you've met her you're lost. You can't believe anything bad about trans people after that. And the other trans people in this thread have only strengthened that feeling. You are wonderful, wonderful people all of you.

And then, activism. Natalie Reed taught me just how bad trans people have it. She gave me cold hard figures that I couldn't deny. After a momentary BSOD I've decided that the time for action is now.

*Hugs!* You're just downright awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Thanks for posting on the study. I'm so happy for those kids. :smallsmile:

golentan
2012-02-13, 08:21 PM
Feeling down. Couple of rocky scenes past week with Chaoskristy, and now I'm all bent out of shape.

Astrella
2012-02-13, 09:01 PM
First off hugs for all,

Adorable. :3
Best of luck!

Also, hi~

Anders Starmark

*glomps*

You deserve them. I only really know you from this thread, but you've been a big part in making this thread a warm, welcome and friendly place while being an awesome person on top of that. :smallsmile:

Feeling down. Couple of rocky scenes past week with Chaoskristy, and now I'm all bent out of shape.

*waves of sympathy and unbending*

H Birchgrove
2012-02-13, 09:13 PM
Hugs Asta and golentan. Love you guys. :smallsmile:

Have a few posts I haven't replied to yet, but I thought I should send huggles anyway.

Zea mays
2012-02-13, 11:28 PM
*sneaks in quietly, taking momentary
I tell him.

Spoilered in case my bemused sarcasm fails to come across or makes it looks like I'm actually upset or something.

Wow
This guy must belong to that extremely rare religious system that condemns anyone with a non-heteronormative orientation out-of-hand, but doesn't have a pejorative word to say about random non-married heterosexual copulations.
Wait, no. No such belief system exists.
Maybe your nonchalant attitude towards hell convinced him he should try going there too? :smallconfused:

Did he think "pansexual" = someone who'd sleep with anyone at the drop of a hat? :smallfrown:

You were far nicer that the thing deserved. Such encounters make me wish I had sufficient reproductive organs to tell unmentionable orifices they need to just euphemize off.

SiuiS
2012-02-14, 01:48 AM

I am desert-bred. Only I'm also American, so the heat of the day was mandatory (kids are supposed to play outside, y'know?) but I had like, a foot and a Hal of blanket over myself up until... Well, I can only afford about 6" of blanket nowadays because I'm paying my own tab, but it's a steady thing.

Sword drills in 122 F was pushing the torture angle, though. Worst campsite ever.

Hell's a pretty awesome place. If I do say so myself. :smalltongue:

Indeed. Hell's not a bad place to pick up delicious adventurous souls.....:smallwink:

You two both immediately came to mind, but I didn't wanna put words in your mouths XD

So, whenever I mention that I have a boyfriend, one of the first responses is always "Who's on top?" Is there any particular reason that people think it works that way, because I'm getting a bit tired of explaining that not every relationship works like that. Is this how it's shown in current television series/movies? I'm a bit media-deprived right now (probably a good thing), so I'm not too sure.

Yaoi is the problem. The most conveniently packaged example of male homosexuality comes from a sub genre I anime, which is a heterosexual relationship between a man and woman, except the woman is reskinned to also be a man. Absolutely nothing changes, which means one is always the submissive "womanly" character.

It is similar to how pornography doesn't actually depict a healthy sexual relationship between the folks displayed, but the majority of kids think that's how it's supposed to work. It's a terrible thing, really.

Indeed. I regret that I missed that opportunity.

But as we are talking bout a guy, isn't ballsiness the appropriate phrase? Though I have to agree with Betty White. They are a sign of strength only in that you succeed in life despite hauling around a videotape boss-style glowing weak point.

Anders Starmark

Asta

Your name

Is Awesome.

And what's this?
Philosophy and justice?

Asta

You sir

Are Awesome.

Asta Kask
2012-02-14, 03:02 AM

"This too will pass." My parents lived together happily for almost 40 years until my dad died from cancer, but it's not like they never argued. *hugs*

Al'izh'dheg
2012-02-14, 10:43 AM
Just popping in to wish everybody either a Happy Valentine's Day, or a Merry Singles Awareness Day, as appropriate. Lots of hugs to those who wish it, and even a peck on the cheek or two for those so inclined. :)

Castaras
2012-02-14, 10:56 AM
Google doodle showed lots of couples sketched, and one of the couples was 2 guys. Just fyi for you wonderful people. :smallsmile:

Although squidthingy and astronaut was cutest.In before "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going..."

Arachu
2012-02-14, 12:54 PM

*Hugs*

Yaoi is the problem. The most conveniently packaged example of male homosexuality comes from a sub genre I anime, which is a heterosexual relationship between a man and woman, except the woman is reskinned to also be a man. Absolutely nothing changes, which means one is always the submissive "womanly" character.

It is similar to how pornography doesn't actually depict a healthy sexual relationship between the folks displayed, but the majority of kids think that's how it's supposed to work. It's a terrible thing, really.

I wouldn't say that yaoi's the only source, though it's definitely not the healthiest thing to base your expectations off of...

But as we are talking bout a guy, isn't ballsiness the appropriate phrase? Though I have to agree with Betty White. They are a sign of strength only in that you succeed in life despite hauling around a videotape boss-style glowing weak point.

So, a thin coating of strength covering a soft and weak interior?

... That would be hilarious if I didn't just remind myself of MnM's. :smalleek:

Spoilered in case my bemused sarcasm fails to come across or makes it looks like I'm actually upset or something.

Wow
This guy must belong to that extremely rare religious system that condemns anyone with a non-heteronormative orientation out-of-hand, but doesn't have a pejorative word to say about random non-married heterosexual copulations.
Wait, no. No such belief system exists.
Maybe your nonchalant attitude towards hell convinced him he should try going there too? :smallconfused:

Did he think "pansexual" = someone who'd sleep with anyone at the drop of a hat? :smallfrown:

You were far nicer that the thing deserved. Such encounters make me wish I had sufficient reproductive organs to tell unmentionable orifices they need to just euphemize off.

Considering how most people receive "bisexual", that probably hits the nail on the head. :smallsigh:

Ironically, though, being 'nice' is often the best way to retaliate - people like that tend to glean the most confidence from ruining that of others, and they hate it when they fail. The lack of insults insults them more than words can. :xykon:

... Also, *hugs*. As infuriating as some people are, it's comforting to know that there are others that speak out against them.

Asta Kask
2012-02-14, 01:07 PM
Useless trivia: The word 'minion' originally referred to the submissive partner in a male homosexual relationship.

KenderWizard
2012-02-14, 01:19 PM
Google doodle showed lots of couples sketched, and one of the couples was 2 guys. Just fyi for you wonderful people. :smallsmile:

Although squidthingy and astronaut was cutest.In before "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going..."

Wasn't it adorable? :smallsmile:

Asta Kask
2012-02-14, 01:30 PM
Kender - wrt Golentan's post - you never quarrel with your boyfriend, do you? :smalltongue:

Edit: Also, now showing off for people at another board by showing them the card you made for me. They are jealous that I have such friends.

Kneenibble
2012-02-14, 01:36 PM
Just popping in to wish everybody either a Happy Valentine's Day, or a Merry Singles Awareness Day, as appropriate. Lots of hugs to those who wish it, and even a peck on the cheek or two for those so inclined. :)

And the same to you, madame! *smooch*

And sloppy smooches to one and all from me as well.

I'm pretty sure that was golentan...

Mystic Muse
2012-02-14, 02:06 PM
Can somebody sort of take me through the exact process of transitioning? I'm not sure what all it entails. I do want to go through HRT and SRS, but I'm not sure what I have to do to get to the point where that's feasible.

I'd just google it, but I'm no good with google.

Astrella
2012-02-14, 02:30 PM
Can somebody sort of take me through the exact process of transitioning? I'm not sure what all it entails. I do want to go through HRT and SRS, but I'm not sure what I have to do to get to the point where that's feasible.

I'd just google it, but I'm no good with google.

Hmm, it's sorta hard to, because firstly it's a very personal thing (not everyone wants and needs the same things out of transitioning.) and it's also very dependent on where you are; your therapist and all that.

The usual route it goes it talking to a gender therapist (watch out here! If your therapist is setting arbitrary standards and requirements for you to transition, they're are likely gatekeeping. Your talks with your therapist should be assistance and someone to bounce thoughts and feelings to, not someone who sets up hoops for you to jump through.), this normally results in you getting some sort of letter written by your therapist to start HRT. (The requirements for SRS are usually at least one year of HRT, and a plethora of other stuff depending on where you are.) And then there's also off course a lot of legal stuff, like name / gender changes on passports, medical information, etc...

r/asktransgender on reddit is really helpful; and I can dig up a few links on just what HRT does body / mental wise etc... (if you wanna have a talk about it, I think I gave you my skype? Just send me a pm~ )

(You can also just ask away here, I'll do my best to answer.)

noparlpf
2012-02-14, 02:30 PM
Useless trivia: The word 'minion' originally referred to the submissive partner in a male homosexual relationship.

Well, that puts a vastly different spin on most movie villains.

Asta Kask
2012-02-14, 03:02 PM
I believe PZ Myers says he has thousands of minions. I can only admire his stamina.

PairO'Dice Lost
2012-02-14, 03:37 PM
I believe PZ Myers says he has thousands of minions. I can only admire his stamina.

And he claims his heart problems two years ago were from advanced age. Ha! He was obviously just having too much fun with the minions. :smallwink:

Arachu
2012-02-14, 04:11 PM
Hmm, it's sorta hard to, because firstly it's a very personal thing (not everyone wants and needs the same things out of transitioning.) and it's also very dependent on where you are; your therapist and all that.

The usual route it goes it talking to a gender therapist (watch out here! If your therapist is setting arbitrary standards and requirements for you to transition, they're are likely gatekeeping. Your talks with your therapist should be assistance and someone to bounce thoughts and feelings to, not someone who sets up hoops for you to jump through.), this normally results in you getting some sort of letter written by your therapist to start HRT. (The requirements for SRS are usually at least one year of HRT, and a plethora of other stuff depending on where you are.) And then there's also off course a lot of legal stuff, like name / gender changes on passports, medical information, etc...

r/asktransgender on reddit is really helpful; and I can dig up a few links on just what HRT does body / mental wise etc... (if you wanna have a talk about it, I think I gave you my skype? Just send me a pm~ )

(You can also just ask away here, I'll do my best to answer.)

Are there any guides on voice training? All the ones I found were for singing (and I got distracted from those learning about hair removal)...

Astrella
2012-02-14, 04:44 PM
Are there any guides on voice training? All the ones I found were for singing (and I got distracted from those learning about hair removal)...

I got this one (http://voice.sngjackie.com/) linked to me which seems very promising.

Arachu
2012-02-14, 05:44 PM
I got this one (http://voice.sngjackie.com/) linked to me which seems very promising.

That it does. :smallbiggrin:

Should take my mind off my "dad's" most recent outburst, at the very least. :smallsigh: :smallsmile:

Astrella
2012-02-14, 05:59 PM
That it does. :smallbiggrin:

Should take my mind off my "dad's" most recent outburst, at the very least. :smallsigh: :smallsmile:

We should revive Nix's old idea.

Viera Champion
2012-02-14, 06:04 PM

And what would that be?

noparlpf
2012-02-14, 06:06 PM
I'm guessing the Skype practice group I've heard myths of?

Arachu
2012-02-14, 06:13 PM

The chat group? I'm all for that (social anxiety aside), but I have no microphone... :/

I could use that neat XBox headset I got the other day, if the controller I meant to use as a mouse could fit a Chatpad... :facepalm:

KenderWizard
2012-02-14, 06:33 PM
Kender - wrt Golentan's post - you never quarrel with your boyfriend, do you? :smalltongue:

Edit: Also, now showing off for people at another board by showing them the card you made for me. They are jealous that I have such friends.

Do... people... go to the bathroom... when they have arguments? I take it "go to the bathroom" is not, in fact, a euphemism for euphemising oneself? It it sulking? Does she get angry instead of horny? I am so lost here!

My partner and I don't actually quarrel, we're very lucky! I mean, sometimes we get upset with one another, but it's more like an awkward "You hurt my feelings when you [noun]ed my [verb]" chat. And sometimes I snap, because, unlike him, I'm not the Most Patient Person In The World (seriously, he won an award for it!). In fact, I've got quite a short temper sometimes (read: when I haven't eaten :smallwink:). It's weird. I mean, I am well capable of having screaming arguments. I can get so angry I hit myself off things and literally can't see straight. But not with him.

Also, part of the reason I made that card was so that you could make other people jealous. I didn't want to be so gauche as to say it, but I'm glad you've got the idea. :smalltongue: I'm only half joking; that's really cool! :smallbiggrin:

Astrella
2012-02-14, 06:35 PM

Well, I wouldn't mind just hanging out with you fine folks on mumble skype either.

H Birchgrove
2012-02-14, 06:40 PM
Sorry for not replying... still need more time for it.

Anyway.

I just want to say that I'm in love with Skeppio and that makes me happy. :smallsmile:

(I asked her in advance if it was OK to mention it.)

golentan
2012-02-14, 07:02 PM
Well, I wouldn't mind just hanging out with you fine folks on mumble either.

That sounds good. It could be cool to hang out.

Coidzor
2012-02-14, 08:50 PM

That'd be nifty, yeah. :smallbiggrin:

Kenderwizard: Well, going to the loo/head/watercloset/bathroom is a good excuse to get away from someone else so that both parties can calm down a bit. I've heard it more in the context of sulking/sobbing as a Britishism from Harry Potter though.

turkishproverb
2012-02-14, 08:55 PM
*hugs everyone who needs it*

That is AWESOME!

Coidzor
2012-02-14, 08:57 PM
Well, that certainly makes minionmancy take on a whole new light.

noparlpf
2012-02-14, 10:48 PM
Do... people... go to the bathroom... when they have arguments? I take it "go to the bathroom" is not, in fact, a euphemism for euphemising oneself? It it sulking? Does she get angry instead of horny? I am so lost here!

My partner and I don't actually quarrel, we're very lucky! I mean, sometimes we get upset with one another, but it's more like an awkward "You hurt my feelings when you [noun]ed my [verb]" chat. And sometimes I snap, because, unlike him, I'm not the Most Patient Person In The World (seriously, he won an award for it!). In fact, I've got quite a short temper sometimes (read: when I haven't eaten :smallwink:). It's weird. I mean, I am well capable of having screaming arguments. I can get so angry I hit myself off things and literally can't see straight. But not with him.

Also, part of the reason I made that card was so that you could make other people jealous. I didn't want to be so gauche as to say it, but I'm glad you've got the idea. :smalltongue: I'm only half joking; that's really cool! :smallbiggrin:

Your partner just keeps sounding better and better. One of these days I might hop over to Ireland and steal him from you.
Or seeing as how we're the same person, I should just be able to live vicariously through you.
Whichever works better.

Well, I wouldn't mind just hanging out with you fine folks on mumble skype either.

I don't particularly like videochats. It's this thing I have. There's a piece of tape over my webcam.

Kenderwizard: Well, going to the loo/head/watercloset/bathroom is a good excuse to get away from someone else so that both parties can calm down a bit. I've heard it more in the context of sulking/sobbing as a Britishism from Harry Potter though.

That's definitely a good excuse to go away and cool down. On the other hand, the bathrooms here are the last place I would go to cool down/sulk. Too gross.

Astrella
2012-02-14, 11:02 PM
I don't particularly like videochats. It's this thing I have. There's a piece of tape over my webcam.

Oh, well, you can just text-chat on skype. I'm far too nervous to video chat. :smalleek:

bluewind95
2012-02-14, 11:11 PM
You don't really need video to be on Skype. Sound is good enough.

neco
2012-02-14, 11:35 PM
So i finally had the chance to talk to my cuddler today after he was avoiding me. It went as I expected it to, with him saying that he just wanted to be friends and was avoiding talking because he knew it would be awkward. All in all both of us left the conversation in an understanding, though I am still a little disappointed, but what you gonna do.:smallsigh:

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 01:53 AM

I mean 'go to the bathroom' as a euphemism for DIY sex. Coidzor doesn't agree. So your confusion is understandable.

Coidzor
2012-02-15, 03:07 AM
I mean 'go to the bathroom' as a euphemism for DIY sex. Coidzor doesn't agree. So your confusion is understandable.

Because it's a horrible euphemism. :smalltongue: It only even works as a double entendre if you make it clear what you're doing, which is difficult to do in a purely text format.

KenderWizard
2012-02-15, 03:13 AM

I always thought that was more like a boarding school thing. Like, there's no point going to your room if there's five other people there, so you go to one of the less-used bathrooms.

Your partner just keeps sounding better and better. One of these days I might hop over to Ireland and steal him from you.
Or seeing as how we're the same person, I should just be able to live vicariously through you.
Whichever works better.

:smalltongue: MY Batman!

Ahh... So it WAS that she was euphemising herself in there? But then there was a confusion period. Hee hee, period. :smalltongue:

Someday maybe we'll stay on topic.

Neco, sorry to hear it didn't work out with your cuddler. :smallfrown: Hope it's not too awkward so you can stay friends! I know a pair of girls who cuddle, and one of them was into the other, but the other was straight. But they managed to stay friends and stay cuddling, because they respect each other's boundaries and are careful not to mess up their friendship.

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 03:19 AM
KenderWizard, I just tweeted your picture. Soon all my four followers will be green with envy at my friends.

Edit: Re voice, I tweeted Natalie and she recommends this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfvakFukV_g), and you should also be able to find links from there. You should get on twitter and ask her personally all your questions about trans woman transitioning. And follow me on twitter while I'm on it.

pffh
2012-02-15, 04:48 AM
A study just ended here and according to it gay teenagers here are 25 times more likely to attempt suicide repeatedly then straight teenagers and are 12 times more likely to constantly think about suicide.

This is kinda shocking because homosexuality is so accepted here and most people don't care about other people sexual orientation as was evidenced by the fact that the fact that our prime minister is gay is not even considered newsworthy and the gay pride parade is something everyone attents (and parties at) no matter their orientation.

Coidzor
2012-02-15, 05:09 AM
A study just ended here and according to it gay teenagers here are 25 times more likely to attempt suicide repeatedly then straight teenagers and are 12 times more likely to constantly think about suicide.

This is kinda shocking because homosexuality is so accepted here and most people don't care about other people sexual orientation as was evidenced by the fact that the fact that our prime minister is gay is not even considered newsworthy and the gay pride parade is something everyone attents (and parties at) no matter their orientation.

shuggedawha!? Those are the figures I see getting thrown around for here in the U.S. where gaybashing is one of our national pastimes. :smallconfused:

The Succubus
2012-02-15, 06:00 AM

That's really cool that you have a gay Prime Minister. Sadly I really don't see it happening in the UK within my lifetime. A lot of our most powerful lobby groups are very conservative and our religious leaders still carry a lot of political clout.

While to the best of my knowledge gay hate crimes are rare in the UK, there is a fair bit of passive-aggressive muttering against them, with a certain national newspaper (The Daily Mail) leading the charge. Then we have other national newspapers like the Sun which encourage a very "blokey" mentality and for whom the more "sophisticated" sexual relationships can either be summed up as titilation if it's a lesbian couple or ewww if it's a gay couple.

I really hate our media at times. :smallannoyed:

Skeppio
2012-02-15, 06:27 AM

Anyway.

I just want to say that I'm in love with Skeppio and that makes me happy. :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2012-02-15, 06:37 AM
Then we have other national newspapers like the Sun which encourage a very "blokey" mentality and for whom the more "sophisticated" sexual relationships can either be summed up as titilation if it's a lesbian couple or ewww if it's a gay couple.

Hadn't run into that euphemism for same-sex relationships before, I must admit. :smallconfused:

Astrella
2012-02-15, 07:20 AM
So i finally had the chance to talk to my cuddler today after he was avoiding me. It went as I expected it to, with him saying that he just wanted to be friends and was avoiding talking because he knew it would be awkward. All in all both of us left the conversation in an understanding, though I am still a little disappointed, but what you gonna do.:smallsigh:

That sucks.
*sympathies*

Well,"accepted" I'd say. :s
Just because the legal and overall opinion is positive, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of bullying and subtle harassing.

While to the best of my knowledge gay hate crimes are rare in the UK, there is a fair bit of passive-aggressive muttering against them, with a certain national newspaper (The Daily Mail) leading the charge. Then we have other national newspapers like the Sun which encourage a very "blokey" mentality and for whom the more "sophisticated" sexual relationships can either be summed up as titilation if it's a lesbian couple or ewww if it's a gay couple.

Yeah... and trans* media portrayal isn't even better, aside from tons of pronoun misuse, there's often an overly sensationalist tone, in a "look at these freaks" sort of way. :c An article (http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2012/02/transgender-media-transsexual) about it.

--------------------------------------------------

So, I finally contacted my gender therapist again (well, I sent an email, office hours had already passed when I had worked up the courage to call again.) after having chickened out of doing so for six months. It's sorta good in one way I guess, since I feel a lot stronger in my identity now (even though I had quite a few bouts of feeling really down. :s ) and that probably would've happened if I had been going to see my therapist. :s

The Succubus
2012-02-15, 07:25 AM

Anyway.

Anyone else find this absolutely adorable? :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 07:59 AM
Birchgrove and Skeppio
sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

Mina Kobold
2012-02-15, 07:59 AM

I do, it is one of those things that could brighten even the stormiest days. :smallsmile:

So keep being adorably happy, Skepgrove*, or I will have to hug you until you do! :smallamused::smalltongue::smallsmile:

*Portmanteau name!

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 08:17 AM
Apparently the Sun is searching for trans men who have given birth. I think they're going for icky-creepy-eeewww demographic. Anyone bet against? :smallfurious:

The Succubus
2012-02-15, 08:34 AM
Apparently the Sun is searching for trans men who have given birth. I think they're going for icky-creepy-eeewww demographic. Anyone bet against? :smallfurious:

:facepalm:

It's been years since I last read either any national newspaper aside from the Independant and when I have to carry a copy of either the Sun or Daily Mail to the patient waiting rooms, I do so between my thumb and finger, before submerging both in scalding hot water afterwards. :smallyuk:

Lix Lorn
2012-02-15, 09:33 AM
You actively cannot use webcams on skype with more than two people in the chat.
Or at least, not last time I looked.

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 09:44 AM
Lix, I told them how you turned off of transphobia just by being you. We should weaponize you for use against transphobes.

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 09:44 AM

Seeing as how I still live in the freshman boys' dorm...yeah. Ew.

So, I finally contacted my gender therapist again (well, I sent an email, office hours had already passed when I had worked up the courage to call again.) after having chickened out of doing so for six months. It's sorta good in one way I guess, since I feel a lot stronger in my identity now (even though I had quite a few bouts of feeling really down. :s ) and that probably would've happened if I had been going to see my therapist. :s

Good luck!

You actively cannot use webcams on skype with more than two people in the chat.
Or at least, not last time I looked.

I think there's some other service that lets you. Oovoo or something like that.

Viera Champion
2012-02-15, 10:13 AM

Anyway.

D'awwwwwww...:smallredface:

I remembered when I announced my love for Jokasti here. That was a joke though.

The Succubus
2012-02-15, 10:50 AM
Lix, I told them how you turned off of transphobia just by being you. We should weaponize you for use against transphobes.

Good gods man, Lix causes enough chaos as she is and you want to make a *WEAPONISED* form?! :smalleek:

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 10:53 AM
Confusion to the enemy, sir.

We would land her behind enemy lines and then have her work her way towards the front, spreading hugs and recruiting soldiers to her harem as she passes by. No plan survives first encounter with Lix.

Fredaintdead
2012-02-15, 11:13 AM

We would land her behind enemy lines and then have her work her way towards the front, spreading hugs and recruiting soldiers to her harem as she passes by. No plan survives first encounter with Lix.

By jove that's brilliant man. *removes glasses*
IT MUST BE DONE.

Arachu
2012-02-15, 11:28 AM

Hate when that happens. *Hugs*

Yeah... and trans* media portrayal isn't even better, aside from tons of pronoun misuse, there's often an overly sensationalist tone, in a "look at these freaks" sort of way. :c An article (http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2012/02/transgender-media-transsexual) about it.

Haven't been able to get past the first couple of paragraphs so far... It's good to know that it's being challenged, at least.

*Hugs*

If it helps, you're adorable. :mitd:

This girl. :smalltongue:

:smallsigh: *angrily punches palm*

golentan
2012-02-15, 12:57 PM

I am willing to provide the use of my Flash Cloner. I will not rest until there is a Lix in every house!

Lix Lorn
2012-02-15, 02:12 PM
Huh? What how when why?

Good gods man, Lix causes enough chaos as she is and you want to make a *WEAPONISED* form?! :smalleek:

I am willing to provide the use of my Flash Cloner. I will not rest until there is a Lix in every house!
...this plan I am okay with!

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 02:18 PM
Huh? What how when why?

When I first came to the thread I was driven mainly by curiosity. And that's all fine and dandy, but it's a little cold. Seeing people as interesting curiosities rather than as full humans. But the more I discussed with people here, and especially you via the CrackForum, the more I came to re-evaluate my stance. Of course I knew on some abstract plane that everyone here is human (except golentan), but it wasn't internalized. But your whimsical net-personality drove it home for me. Thinking of my bubbly little Lix being persecuted for what she was... unbearable. And so I joined the thread as a friend and ally, rather than as a scientist.

golentan
2012-02-15, 02:22 PM
Of course I knew on some abstract plane that everyone here is human (except golentan),

Aww, that's so sweet!

~hugs~

Lix Lorn
2012-02-15, 02:26 PM
When I first came to the thread I was driven mainly by curiosity. And that's all fine and dandy, but it's a little cold. Seeing people as interesting curiosities rather than as full humans. But the more I discussed with people here, and especially you via the CrackForum, the more I came to re-evaluate my stance. Of course I knew on some abstract plane that everyone here is human (except golentan), but it wasn't internalized. But your whimsical net-personality drove it home for me. Thinking of my bubbly little Lix being persecuted for what she was... unbearable. And so I joined the thread as a friend and ally, rather than as a scientist.
(blush)
Um. You're welcome?

H Birchgrove
2012-02-15, 02:31 PM
In chronological order (hopefully, possibly with a few exceptions):

Best part of this is I can now tell people that I kissed Voltaire, and when they asked what happened I can say "He was going around the group giving cheekkisses and hugs goodbye, and then he took my hands, gazed into my eyes and then we kissed." Because that is -exactly- what happened. And it was hilarious. And then my friend Steph (who is entirely Asexual, but was quite drunk and is a huge fan) got in on it cause she didn't want me to 'beat' her, so she smooched him too :smalltongue:

Awww! :smallbiggrin:

Now I have to find Montesquieu, or Rousseau, or Condorcet, and kiss him...

:smallwink:

(There was a real life band I was going to look for, but after these days, I forgot who I were thinking of... :smallredface: )

They were surprisingly respectful, I liked that part! :smallsmile:

The red is a commentary added to the picture by another person, who thought similarly to you.

Do'h! Thank you, it disturbed me quite a bit before your explanation. (At the very least, the 15 year old can at least just wait a few years until the law doesn't mind.)

I love it!

Because I'm a wizard. Duh. :smalltongue:

Definitely not because I just drew you a bit small without really meaning to. :smallredface:

How to deal with being short: Remember that Wolverine is short too.* :smallwink:

*In the comics, any way. Hugh Jackman is tall. :smalltongue:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! :smallbiggrin:

:smallbiggrin: The Succubus is so awesome.

I've seen that a few times before, it's so clever! You get so sick of the victim-blaming prevention tips.

Indeed.

Also, thank you again to everyone who's saying such nice things about the card! :smallredface: I'm super busy this weekend (singing with my old choir, yay!) so I haven't had time to thank everyone individually for all your sweet words, but I really appreciate it. :smallsmile:

:smallbiggrin: :smallredface:

*hugs*

Birchgrove and Skeppio
sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

I wish! :smallredface:

I want a teleporter so much...

I do, it is one of those things that could brighten even the stormiest days. :smallsmile:

So keep being adorably happy, Skepgrove*, or I will have to hug you until you do! :smallamused::smalltongue::smallsmile:

*Portmanteau name!

:smallbiggrin:

Well,"accepted" I'd say. :s
Just because the legal and overall opinion is positive, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of bullying and subtle harassing.

Indeed... :smallfrown:

:smallfrown:

--------------------------------------------------

You go, girl!

:smallfrown: That or readers who fetishisizes trans persons and/or "male preg".

KenderWizard
2012-02-15, 02:42 PM
KenderWizard, I just tweeted your picture. Soon all my four followers will be green with envy at my friends.

Score! :smallbiggrin:

That's really cool that you have a gay Prime Minister. Sadly I really don't see it happening in the UK within my lifetime. A lot of our most powerful lobby groups are very conservative and our religious leaders still carry a lot of political clout.

I also hate your media. :smalltongue: We have some of the same of our own, but we import a lot of your tat, for some reason. And the guardian, which I quite like.

Outright gaybashing is fairly rare here, but there's still a lot of the church about, and there's also a lot of sexualorientationism in school. We do have a gay member of the Seanad (the second house of the government), who almost became president! Being Taoiseach (like prime minister) would be hard, though. I think the idea there is you have a stay-at-home wife who looks after you and your adorable children. :smallsigh:

Me!

Asta Kask
2012-02-15, 02:43 PM
I'm a man who looks like I'm pregnant. Do you think I could apply?

Or would that be against the rule that cis-people should not portray trans-people?

Al'izh'dheg
2012-02-15, 03:23 PM
I'm a man who looks like I'm pregnant. Do you think I could apply?

Or would that be against the rule that cis-people should not portray trans-people?

It depends on the context I suppose.

Interesting tidbit here... the webcomic Rain just recently had a Halloween party in which one of her gay friends dressed up as a girl. Rain was *particularly* displeased over this. So the rule isn't so much that cis-people should not portray transgendered folks, but any non-trans people should not do so.

Though I hate to think of "rules" in that way. The best policy is if you're going to do such a thing, you should probably touch base with your trans* friends first to let them know your intentions. At least that's *my* take on things. Others can and probably do feel differently.

golentan
2012-02-15, 03:26 PM

Interesting tidbit here... the webcomic Rain just recently had a Halloween party in which one of her gay friends dressed up as a girl. Rain was *particularly* displeased over this. So the rule isn't so much that cis-people should not portray transgendered folks, but any non-trans people should not do so.

Though I hate to think of "rules" in that way. The best policy is if you're going to do such a thing, you should probably touch base with your trans* friends first to let them know your intentions. At least that's *my* take on things. Others can and probably do feel differently.

Not to be a jerk, but why? If I feel like crossdressing for whatever reason, why is that an insult to transpeople? Why should it have any bearing on anyone else whatsoever? I can see if someone started acting out hateful stereotypes, but that is another matter altogether.

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 03:54 PM
Not to be a jerk, but why? If I feel like crossdressing for whatever reason, why is that an insult to transpeople? Why should it have any bearing on anyone else whatsoever? I can see if someone started acting out hateful stereotypes, but that is another matter altogether.

I think in the context of the webcomic, it freaked Rain out because she's so paranoid about being outed. She thought that if the other kids started thinking about crossdressing they might realize she was "actually" a boy.
I'm just guessing based on her character, though. I also can't entirely understand taking offense at a guy dressing as a girl for Halloween, at least if he didn't go way overboard with stereotypes, which this guy didn't.

Astrella
2012-02-15, 04:07 PM
I think in the context of the webcomic, it freaked Rain out because she's so paranoid about being outed. She thought that if the other kids started thinking about crossdressing they might realize she was "actually" a boy.
I'm just guessing based on her character, though. I also can't entirely understand taking offense at a guy dressing as a girl for Halloween, at least if he didn't go way overboard with stereotypes, which this guy didn't.

Well, Halloween costumes tend to be rather silly, right? And men dressing as women is something that is played for laughs a lot. And Rain worries a lot about, well, everything. :p But being trans* is something sensitive. And Rudy dressing up as a girl, for an event where it's often done for laughs, can come over as Rudy making fun of her situation. (Certain Rudy didn't intend to do so, but he isn't the socially cleverest after all.)

(+ your reason, which I think littlelynn elaborated on in comments.)

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 04:10 PM
Well, Halloween costumes tend to be rather silly, right? And men dressing as women is something that is played for laughs a lot. And Rain worries a lot about, well, everything. :p But being trans* is something sensitive. And Rudy dressing up as a girl, for an event where it's often done for laughs, can come over as Rudy making fun of her situation. (Certain Rudy didn't intend to do so, but he isn't the socially cleverest after all.)

Yeah, Rudy is kind of oblivious. But if I thought somebody was my friend, I wouldn't assume they were making fun of me. Or if I did it would be because we were mutually mocking each other.
And yeah, I don't usually read her comments. Lately I've been trying not to read webcomic authors' comments.

Astrella
2012-02-15, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Rudy is kind of oblivious. But if I thought somebody was my friend, I wouldn't assume they were making fun of me. Or if I did it would be because we were mutually mocking each other.
And yeah, I don't usually read her comments. Lately I've been trying not to read webcomic authors' comments.

Well, Rain is a very nervous person. She has the tendency to see things worse than they are. (It would probably have been best if Rudy had asked Rain about it before hand I think.)

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 04:39 PM
Well, Rain is a very nervous person. She has the tendency to see things worse than they are. (It would probably have been best if Rudy had asked Rain about it before hand I think.)

That's what I'd have done. Seeing as how paranoid she is and all. But, he's not really that type of person. Drama ensues.

KenderWizard
2012-02-15, 04:42 PM

Wait, one sec. What's the difference between "non-cis" and "trans"? Is the gay guy neither trans nor cis? Because cis people can be gay, so is there something else about him?

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 04:45 PM
Wait, one sec. What's the difference between "non-cis" and "trans"? Is the gay guy neither trans nor cis? Because cis people can be gay, so is there something else about him?

Well, in that case it was "cis" and "non-trans". I was kind of wondering about that too but didn't want to be the one to point it out.
But then, I was anyway. Darn you and your being me!

Coidzor
2012-02-15, 05:54 PM

Random aside. Anyone else start looking for a footnote when they see that asterisk?

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 05:55 PM
Random aside. Anyone else start looking for a footnote when they see that asterisk?

Haha, yes, I do.

The Succubus
2012-02-15, 06:12 PM
Can I pick the delectable brains of the trans people here?

I see in the cinema that there's another film out where a comedy actor dresses up as woman and pretends to act out dreadful stereotypes of female behaviour. (It's Adam Sandler this time, although the name of the film escapes me). I used to just find these films woefully unfunny (Norbert & Big Mommas House spring to mind and the brain bleach follows soon after :smallannoyed:) but now I think about some of the awesome trans-folks in this thread and I actually find the concept of the film offensive.

I think it's partly because it enforces negative stereotypes but mainly because it plays the whole idea of transgenderism and gender confusion for laughs. There are many things worth laughing at in this world. This isn't one of them. :smallannoyed:

Is this a sentiment shared by yourselves or am I getting uppity for no reason?

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 06:17 PM

I see in the cinema that there's another film out where a comedy actor dresses up as woman and pretends to act out dreadful stereotypes of female behaviour. (It's Adam Sandler this time, although the name of the film escapes me). I used to just find these films woefully unfunny (Norbert & Big Mommas House spring to mind and the brain bleach follows soon after :smallannoyed:) but now I think about some of the awesome trans-folks in this thread and I actually find the concept of the film offensive.

I think it's partly because it enforces negative stereotypes but mainly because it plays the whole idea of transgenderism and gender confusion for laughs. There are many things worth laughing at in this world. This isn't one of them. :smallannoyed:

I'm not trans, but I've always found most films that make fun of almost any kind of stereotype to be offensive.

Lix Lorn
2012-02-15, 06:28 PM

I try to hold the opinion that you can make jokes about ANYTHING, as long as the joke is done well.

It doesn't offend me from the concept, but I probably wouldn't watch it. I do however think it carries bad implications. I wish I could go back to not seeing implications.

Triscuitable
2012-02-15, 06:28 PM
I'm feeling really down today.

I've had a history with girls. A bad one. They don't take me seriously, think all my ticks are just me being weird.

Recently, I've begun to like girls. As in, like-like them. But not the like-like-like, just date-and-kiss like. Going further is beyond my comfort zone. So, uh, asexuality doesn't fit my bill anymore. I suppose being at a school with three four girls and thirty-seven guys isn't exactly going to help in teenage development.

Anyways, I met a girl who seemed really nice, really interested in me.

Little did I know all she did was make sarcastic comments about interest in me, and talk about how "weird" I was behind my back. Yeah, I'm getting mocked for my Asperger's, again. Like I didn't leave a school to go to another before, right? Right?

This isn't the first time it's happened either. At my last public school, the same thing happened. Only she made an effort to avoid me once she found I returned to a public school once again.

Heliomance
2012-02-15, 06:29 PM
And yet Tootsie and Mrs Doubtfire are both excellent films.

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 06:33 PM
I'm feeling really down today.

I've had a history with girls. A bad one. They don't take me seriously, think all my ticks are just me being weird.

Recently, I've begun to like girls. As in, like-like them. But not the like-like-like, just date-and-kiss like. Going further is beyond my comfort zone. So, uh, asexuality doesn't fit my bill anymore. I suppose being at a school with three four girls and thirty-seven guys isn't exactly going to help in teenage development.

Anyways, I met a girl who seemed really nice, really interested in me.

Little did I know all she did was make sarcastic comments about interest in me, and talk about how "weird" I was behind my back. Yeah, I'm getting mocked for my Asperger's, again. Like I didn't leave a school to go to another before, right? Right?

This isn't the first time it's happened either. At my last public school, the same thing happened. Only she made an effort to avoid me once she found I returned to a public school once again.

My sympathies. That stinks.
But look on the bright side. In a few months, you won't have Asperger's anymore. In the DSM-V, it's just autism.

Triscuitable
2012-02-15, 06:46 PM
My sympathies. That stinks.
But look on the bright side. In a few months, you won't have Asperger's anymore. In the DSM-V, it's just autism.

WHAT?

I can't believe they're just going to generalize us! Autism, Fragile-X, Aspberger's...

This is awful. :smallfrown: Now I'm just going to be known as someone with Autism. There won't even be an Autism Spectrum...

Coidzor
2012-02-15, 07:16 PM
And yet Tootsie and Mrs Doubtfire are both excellent films.

Agreed. There's also a fair bit of theatre which hinges upon that kind of thing which is not tantamount to hate speech or something that we should be too eager to excise from our cultural lexicon.

Monty Python might be a bit more checkered, but, then again, it's checkered rather than all one stripe.

Zea mays
2012-02-15, 07:20 PM
Just to say I had a very similar reaction to the entire thread.
Truly, a marvelous group of people.

noparlpf
2012-02-15, 07:31 PM
WHAT?

I can't believe they're just going to generalize us! Autism, Fragile-X, Asperger's...

This is awful. :smallfrown: Now I'm just going to be known as someone with Autism. There won't even be an Autism Spectrum...

Yup. [link (http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevision/Pages/proposedrevision.aspx?rid=94#)], [link (http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevisions/Pages/proposedrevision.aspx?rid=97#)].

Edit: Oops, I hit "submit" instead of "preview".
I'm currently ambivalent towards the DSM-V. I liked a couple of the revisions I looked at, and I disliked a couple. But this isn't really pertinent to this thread, unless we talk about Gender Identity Disorder, which I think I remember thinking looked alright. They separated it into categories for kids and grownups, which I don't think they did in the DSM-IV.
Anyhow, I've never felt the need to be known for having an Asperger's diagnosis. In my case, it's not particularly impairing or pertinent in most situations, so why bother bringing it up? Oh yeah, and an amusing thing a friend (the friend who pointed out the DSM-V revision to me) and I were talking about--for those of us who are high-functioning, in a lot of cases we're better at the things we got our diagnoses for not naturally being able to do than more neurotypical people because we have to consciously work to be able to do them.