New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

I'll go ahead and put up permission for me.

Also I'll probably do a few more once I have had some sleep and ideas.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2015-05-19 at 09:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CyberThread View Post
    Do I still count?
    If you'd like to give permission, I'll add it to my next sweep!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Naw, Mr. Fel is harmless. He just wants to be loved.
    Love doesn't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Maybe if I had some descriptions, blurbs, or something?
    You could always PM people! Some of us have extended sigs that tell you a little bit about us or link to past entries made for us.

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    I didn't compete in the last one or two because I didn't understand well enough the concept to be able to help.
    Yeah... I had to basically sit out on the Soulmeld/Veil one. Luckily I really enjoyed writing maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Sweet merciful Mystra's magical muffins! That was brilliant!

I... I have no words. Words. I don't have them. I have none. That's just... Wow.
    Wow. That is impressive! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tadkins View Post
    I'd like to give my permission. I also plan on contributing one of these to someone soon.
    I still remember your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Aaaand Jormengand gives permission.

Loya, the Paladin
    Oooooo! An "Elder Evil" that hunts Elder Evils! Now that is something I can get behind. We're coming for you, Fel.

The Paladin Most Loyal
    Or you're coming for me... oh my Torm. You even put Raziel in there. *axiomatic tears start to well* I love it...
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-19 at 12:14 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Love doesn't hurt!
    There are all kinds of love, Also, why isn't my name linked to my permission, don't you love me anymore?

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Oooooo! An "Elder Evil" that hunts Elder Evils! Now that is something I can get behind. We're coming for you Fel.
    Are you, now?

Or you're coming for me... oh my Torm. You even put Raziel in there. *axiomatic tears start to well* I love it...
    Glad you liked. What I tried going for in yours, and in Kele's, is a reflection of what Elder Evil means to me - an absolute corruption. Elder Evils are beings so incomprehensibly vile that their very nature destroys Goodness, makes it wrong. Just being generically nasty is easy; the challenge is making something noble and completely perverting its nature. So that's what I went with, and once my inspiration gets back from an extended coffee break, what I hope to continue to go with.

And duh, I put Raz in there. I like relying on lore when I do these, and Raz is the most awesome Tome Archon ever.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

And now the link is there, paladin-sensei does love me.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #66

There are all kinds of love, Also, why isn't my name linked to my permission, don't you love me anymore?
    I thought I...

Glad you liked. What I tried going for in yours, and in Kele's, is a reflection of what Elder Evil means to me - an absolute corruption. Elder Evils are beings so incomprehensibly vile that their very nature destroys Goodness, makes it wrong.
    You did a good job. It also helps that corrupting a Tome Archon just makes it that much worse.

And duh, I put Raz in there. I like relying on lore when I do these, and Raz is the most awesome Tome Archon ever.
    I also am the biggest fan of Fist of Raziel on the planet. I mean, back in Paladin school I attended all the "Torm Talks" conferences and he always talked about Raziel as an example. Then I saw Raziel's band "Holy Fire" and my life was changed forever. Now here I am, an Elder Evil.

And now the link is there, paladin-sensei does love me.
    Yep, I did fix it. I'll always look out for my loyal students. Now make a will save.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

I give my permission. Maybe you can play off the fact that I almost never say anything. I tend to lurk.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Moon View Post
    How many times, when the Fighter says "I draw my sword", did you just want to smack that cheating-optimizer in the face and say "No! You don't draw your sword! You draw Orcus!". When the Cleric says "I run away from Orcus!": "No! You run into Orcus! Rogue tries to hide? He hides behind Orcus! The bard in a tavern on the other side the town tries to order a drink? How about a nice frothy mug of Orcus?
    The clone Rudisplorker, doppelganger of Threadnaught.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

I so sincerely give my permission. The world must tremble before me. Or at least, quake into nothingness.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Yep, I did fix it. I'll always look out for my loyal students. Now make a will save.
    Wait, let me check something... Yep, I need to leave and go contract vampirism for a while... again...

Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Did my lazy I'm confused format become the standard

Well should contribute

As an aside I might like smilies

Xaos Phoenix

The churning plane of Limbo is Chaos given form, from it are spawned the mutation riddled slaad, and an ever-shifting menagerie of unique creatures. (Kno the Planes DC 12) Most of these creatures are so weak that they die within weeks, if not mere hours, being culled by the slaad, adventurers, or each other (Kno the Planes DC 15). Some of these creatures survive, but few if any escape the plane that gave them birth.

Recently the Doomguard (planescape faction) have been sending scouts hunting through Limbo looking for anything that can aid in causing entropy to spread across the planes (Kno the Planes DC 21). Reports say that they have found something, a being of great, indescribable power, which had been birthed from the Churning Chaos, and have taken it under their care. They have nurtured it through its vulnerable youth, raising it on their creed, teaching it Entropy. (Kno the Planes DC 28)

This creature, called the Xaos Phoenix, appears similar to a giant bird with wings of ever shifting rainbow. It is said to be able to drive men to madness, and to cause instability in the plane and creatures nearby it. Its shadow is brighter than the light around it, and its every flap of its wing causes a shift in reality around it (Kno the Planes DC 34). What few know is that it has recently shrugged off its keepers, destroying the Doomguard base on Limbo and crashing wildly into the Astral Plane, destroying a githyanki fleet on its path. (Kno the Planes DC 38).

To call the creature an Elder Evil is a misnomer. Despite its great power and danger to reality the Xaos Phoenix is in fact quite New.

Goals:

The Xaos Phoenix has no grand goal. It simply is a personification of chaos given form (Kno the Planes DC 28). It has been led down a path of destruction by the Doomguard, and grown tainted by greed, selfishness, and Evil. It has grown to enjoy the suffering of lesser creatures as it unwinds their world around them (Kno the Planes DC 33). It begins by releasing hordes of new and twisted creatures, its blood seeming to give birth to a variety of aberrations and magical beasts (Kno the Planes DC 36). It sees society and civilization, created to order the world, as an abomination and now wonders the Prime destroying what humanoids have wrought, shattering society and leaving them in anarchy (Kno the Planes DC 39). Once it has reduced a world back to savages and tribes it will usually leave, the world remaining a strangely altered place, with new and dangerous magical locations (Kno the Planes DC 42).

Sign

Storms of Chaos
    The winds flowed wrong, the clouds moving opposite each other. The storms rolled across the world changing it, causing heat and cold, causing fire and lightning. And all was changed in its path.

Faint: Weather can no longer be predicted or controlled. Weather from the next or previous season is as likely as the normal weather for the season.

Moderate: Every 1/2 mile weather changes without rhyme or reason. Each place can have the weather of any season with calm weather being uncommon, and storms being more common in any given place. Any creature caught outside in a storm with 1 or less hit dice must make a Will save (DC 12) or be confused for as long as it is within a storm.

Strong: Every 1/2 mile has a 50% chance to be wracked with hurricane. Any place wracked with hurricane has a 25% chance of spawning 1d% CR 2 or less magical beasts/aberrations, and a 1% chance of spawning 1d% CR 8 or less magical beasts/aberrations every day. Any creature caught outside in a storm with 5 or less hit dice must make a Will save (DC 15) or be confused for as long as it is within a storm.

Overwhelming: Storms are constant where there aren't hurricanes. Any storm wracked location has a 25% chance of spawning 1d% CR 2 or less magical beasts/aberrations every day, any place wracked with hurricane will spawn 1d% CR 2 or less magical beasts every day, has a 25% chance of spawning 1d% CR 8 or less magical beasts/aberrations every day, and a 10% chance of spawning 1d% CR 15 or less magical beasts/aberrations every day. In addition anywhere struck with a hurricane and no intact buildings has a 40% chance of having its terrain transformed. Any creature caught outside in a storm with 10 or less hit dice must make a Will save (DC 18) or be confused for as long as it is within a storm.

Malefic Property

Warping Chaos
    Xaos Phoenix's presence destroys the rule of order in the area twisting it and reshaping it.
    Effect: The area of this malefic property functions as if Limbo (it is highly morphic, variable elements, etc). In addition any creature within it takes -4 to all ability scores gaining +1d6 to each ability score; this 1d6 is rolled every 10 minutes, changing to every round when actively engaged in combat with Xaos Phoenix

Traits/Tactics/Etc

The Xaos Phoenix appears as a massive rainbow colored bird its exact colors always shifting. It regenerates any damage not inflicted by Law, and if killed by an effect which does not have the Lawful descriptor will revive 1 round later. Its blood spawns magical beasts and aberrations, and it is able to use AoE Baleful Polymorph 1/minute if not more. It has an aura of madness (180-ft radius) which causes confusion. It is also capable of disjoining effects upon it as an immediate action which it can perform while stunned/dazed/petrified/etc 3 times per day.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kellbyb View Post
    I give my permission. Maybe you can play off the fact that I almost never say anything. I tend to lurk.
    Sounds good

Kellbyb, The Deadly Silence

It is said that creation was spoken in a Word, and the sound of that word brought forth something from nothing. Life is loud, and filled with many clashing tones and sounds. Though many great minds believe that the existence of the something means that the nothing no longer exists, those who's minds are filled with the maddening silence know the awful truth. The Nothing still exists, and it seeks only the end of the awful noise that is life.

As the nothing is a nameless thing, it is often referred to as Kellbyb the Deadly Silence. Though the moniker holds no real meaning as Kellbyb is more than just the absence of sound, it is the absence of everything. Impossible to describe or see, Kellbyb travels the multiverse, snuffing out planets and planes, reducing them to nonexistence with its mere presence.

Goals:

Kellbyb, the Deadly Silence seeks to snuff out all noise, communication and eventually life in the multiverse, returning it to the state of perfect silence before creation.

Sign:
    The Dimming Sound
    Music loses its tonal qualities, communication becomes more difficult and frustrating, and eventually, all sound ceases to exist.

Effects:
    Faint: Sounds become quieter and harder to hear. Creatures take a -5 penalty to Perception Checks involving sound (Or listen checks), and sounds carry only 1/2 their normal distance.
    Moderate: Communication becomes difficult, all creatures take a -5 penalty to Intimidate, Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks, in addition to the -5 penalty to Perception Checks. Failure to properly communicate with others due to failing these checks forces the creatures involved to make a DC 15 Will Save or have their attitudes shift one step lower towards each other.
    Strong: Communication becomes nearly impossible as sound becomes nearly nonexistent. Any attempt to communicate by sound suffers a -10 penalty to any related checks, and may provoke a Will Save (DC 20) or the creatures involved have their attitudes shifted one step lower. In Addition, spells with verbal components suffer a 25% spell failure chance. Spells cast with the silent spell metamagic do not suffer this penalty.
    Overwhelming: All forms of verbal or written communication become impossible, perception checks based on sound automatically fail. Spells with verbal components cannot be cast unless modified by the silent spell metamagic.

Malefic Property:
    In addition to the normal malefic property common to all Elder Evils, Kellbyb has Deafening Silence.

Deafening Silence: All sound is completely silenced while in the presence of Kellbyb. Spells with verbal components, or that rely on language, cannot be cast while within 500 ft. of Kellbyb. These spells cannot be cast even with the silent spell metamagic feat.

Traits/Tactics/Etc
    Kellbyb, the Deadly Silence does not possess a mind, or even a body as one could normally define it. Kellbyb's existence is only obvious by the lack of presence. Though sound is completely impossible to make while near Kellbyb, it still seems to respond to what would ordinarily be loud noises, always seeking out the loudest source of "sound" nearby. Kellbyb's lack of physical presence makes it impossible to attack directly, but it can be driven off by continued, excessive "noise" even though such sounds are impossible under its influence.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Did my lazy I'm confused format become the standard
    For the record, I want you to be the trend setter for the dragons episode that is coming up very soon.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

13. - Top - End - #73

Alright, now I've got to do one.

Chaos Reborn

Chaos Reborn is an ancient creature, so old that the gods have all but forgotten it's creation. Once, this was the first of the Phoenix. A beautiful creature that inspired awe in all that saw it.

Originally spreading hope and light to the darkest areas of the world, this creature became the target of Pazuzu. He had become jealous of it's glorious wings and the adoration it had garnered.

Pazuzu spirited away the phoenix to the deep layers of the abyss, torturing the creature perverting it's nature with dark magics. When he was sated, he had it slain. But Pazuzu got more than he had bargained for. After seven days and seven nights, the Phoenix was reborn. Twisted by it's torture and shaped by the evil of the abyss, it was no longer the same.

The Phoenix was now Chaos incarnate. It lit fire to the layers of the abyss, leaving fire and ashes in it's wake. It's hatred, ironically, is what granted the modern day phoenixes their ability to revive. But every time a phoenix is reborn, it is a sign that Chaos Reborn is still alive, sewing destruction.

Goal

It's sole purpose is to lay waste to all that is living and create a world of every burning fire.

Sign

Neo Chaos
    Fire will cleanse the world.

Effects

Faint:
    All casters gain a +2 to caster level when casting a spell with the [Fire] description if their alignment is chaotic. Conversely, any lawful casters take a -2 to caster level when casting a spell with the [Water] description.

Moderate:
    All demons on the plain must make a DC 16 will save or suffer the effects of a banishment spell. Any demon that makes the save and all chaotic evil creatures that have a demonic heritage suffer a -2 to all ability scores.

Strong:
    The water begins to evaporate and any area within a mile of a large body of water takes 1d4 points of heat damage from steam per round. All demons and those with demonic heritage must now make the will save against banishment every round.

Overwhelming:
    Native outsiders with the demonic heritage are now subject to banishment as if their home plane was the abyss. The save for banishment is now increased to 24. After seven days, all creatures on the plane now take 1d8 points of heat damage in addition to any damage they take from steam.

Malefic Property

In addition to the normal malefic properties common to all Elder Evils, Chaos Reborn has Forced Combustion.

Forced Combustion:
    Any creature that ventures within 100ft of Chaos Reborn is subjected to Forced Combustion and must make a Fortitude save of 10+1/2 Chaos Reborn's HD+ Chaos Reborn's Charisma modifier or catch fire. This does 2d8 points of fire damage per round and is not subject to any resistances or immunities.

Traits/Tactics/Etc

Upon manifesting, Chaos Reborn will begin to lay waste to the world in no apparent pattern. There is no plan, the world will simply burn. Chaos Reborn will stop once every seven days to take roost in the nearest volcano. If none are present, it will cause one to be created in the nearest mountain.

If Chaos Reborn encounters any Phoenixes, it will twist and convert them into it's own harbingers of doom. They become wreathed in a dark flame and begin to spread the destruction on their own and are the only creatures immune to Chaos Reborn's various abilities.

Edit:
    Doh. Swordsage'd by Zaydos.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-21 at 10:54 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Kellbyb, The Deadly Silence
    Wow, you really hit the nail on the head with this one. Like Red Fel said earlier, it's all about perversion of something noble. I enjoy a little peace and, perhaps more than most people. Not like this.This creeps me out.

Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Moon View Post
    How many times, when the Fighter says "I draw my sword", did you just want to smack that cheating-optimizer in the face and say "No! You don't draw your sword! You draw Orcus!". When the Cleric says "I run away from Orcus!": "No! You run into Orcus! Rogue tries to hide? He hides behind Orcus! The bard in a tavern on the other side the town tries to order a drink? How about a nice frothy mug of Orcus?
    The clone Rudisplorker, doppelganger of Threadnaught.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kellbyb View Post
    Wow, you really hit the nail on the head with this one. Like Red Fel said earlier, it's all about perversion of something noble. I enjoy a little peace and, perhaps more than most people. Not like this.This creeps me out.

Well done.
    If Red Fel is the Megamind of Evil, then I'm the Ozymandias.

I'm glad you like it.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

So much beautiful destruction and chaotic stupid.

For those of you who don't know chaotic stupid is the omnicidal, and usually self destructive, maniac. It's like the CE caricature counterpart to lawful stupid.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #77

I really tried to capture your image.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

For those of you who don't know chaotic stupid is the omnicidal, and usually self destructive, maniac. It's like the CE caricature counterpart to lawful stupid.
    You mean the default alignment of Elder Evils? Seriously half the ones in the book are omnicidal, if not more.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Ettina View Post
    I don't know if I count as a regular, but if so, go ahead and use me.
    Same.

If I count, I hereby do grant permission to become elder-evilized. :P
    Roll some dice, make some stuff up!
    Current campaign: City of Progress Campaign Journal
    This guide!

A reading of notable information in The City of Progress, here.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Remember guys and girls and genderless persons, the best way to get something written about you is to write something for someone else. Or have a punny name.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Remember guys and girls and genderless persons, the best way to get something written about you is to write something for someone else. Or have a punny name.
    Ironically there have been no elder evils made yet of anyone who had already made an elder evil.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ironically there have been no elder evils made yet of anyone who had already made an elder evil.
    Y'know, except for LoyalPaladin and Red Fel.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Y'know, except for LoyalPaladin and Red Fel.
    Both were made into Elder Evils before making ones

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #84

I noticed that. It is abnormal. So far it is more like "If you write an Elder Evil for someone, they will then write an Elder Evil for someone else and create a chain reaction of Elder Evilness." In the past, however, people who write things tend to get things written for them.

In other news. I want the Paladin Most Loyal to invade Nessus. I'd pull up a chair and pop some exalted corn for that fight.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-19 at 12:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

I noticed that. It is abnormal. So far it is more like "If you write an Elder Evil for someone, they will then write an Elder Evil for someone else and create a chain reaction of Elder Evilness." In the past, however, people who write things tend to get things written for them.
    I know, it amuses me.

In other news. I want the Paladin Most Loyal to invade Nessus. I'd pull up a chair and pop some exalted corn for that fight.
    I know, it amuses me.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #86

I know, it amuses me.
    It amuses me as well haha.

I know, it amuses me.
    *stares at Zaydos awkwardly and offers some popcorn*

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that might be since it's just harder to write up an elder evil than it is to toss together a quick stance or maneuver. I wrote, what, four items in the last thread? And I can't come up with anything for this one.
    writing is hard you guys :(
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-05-19 at 01:40 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well it's not like anyone is going to get an elder evil unless somebody starts writing them.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I think that might be since it's just harder to write up an elder evil than it is to toss together a quick stance or maneuver. I wrote, what, four items in the last thread? And I can't come up with anything for this one.
    writing is hard you guys :(
    Indeed. It took me over two hours to write up the thing on Eggynack. Granted the first hour or so was doing other stuff while letting my mind piece together a bad enough way to represent Eggynack without totally being contrary to his character as I perceive it.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-05-19 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Indeed. It took me over two hours to write up the thing on Eggynack. Granted the first hour or so was doing other stuff while letting my mind piece together a bad enough way to represent Eggynack without totally being contrary to his character as I perceive it.
    They are an involved bit of writing, fortunately they're mostly fluff so there's little enough math that needs done. Plus Zaydos provided a nice, lazy way of doing them. Kellbyb took me... 30 minutes, I think.