New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 68: Dawn of a New Season (or two)

Burnt-Out Ruin

Jack looks around with interest, since it's the kind of space she spends a lot of time in- seemingly abandoned, unused and forgotten. She'll find somewhere to sit perched on the arm of a sofa or on a stool, since she's found her wings make getting herself comfortable on most seating rather uncomfortable, unless she's got time to arrange things to fit around said wings. She's a little worried about being told there's no backing out, but Tao gives her the impression that she's already past that point, ever since the trip to Darkness Falls. And honestly, she thinks, she doesn't actually mind not backing out. "I'm... not really the soldiery type. But I've seen what these things can do, and... I want them stopped before they do it to the Clattering. So... I guess you can count me in." Although the Clattering doesn't have much in the way of metal, it's got a population of several hundred unusual people. The robots could still be interested in it for them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Burnt-Out Ruin]

"I'm still getting my bearings," Myriam admits. "But it wouldn't do to have these machines kill everyone in the mean time."

Not even a little bit!

How is she supposed to learn interesting things about how flatlanders live if they're all dead?

That would be SO many stories destroyed!

Lost forever with no one to remember them.

Utterly tragic.

Sure it would be inconvenient if her anchor were destroyed and she was punted out of physical reality, but she could always find a way to wriggle back in again. Time is on her side, since time is a pretty fuzzy concept in the Far Realm.

"So I'm in, too."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [New Inside Embassy]

"I might do that, but I need to conduct and investigation 'ere first," Michalson says, thinking quickly. "I trust it won't be a problem if I search the premises and ask some questions?"
    [New Inside Embassy]

"As long as you respect the embassy's current residences and the security, ask as many questions as you like. Though if you have to look through one the guest rooms, please talk with me first. Our guests do expect some privacy even in all this chaos." Ellena replies with a gesture at the door. "May I ask what you're looking for though? We might be able to help."

4. - Top - End - #694

Discussions With Goblins Nearby

"I would assume it gives our weapons flame energy," Blanche answers. "And if the thing that gave it to us is going after the same things as us, it doesn't seem too much of a gamble." She nods, looking back towards the goblins. "I'm ready whenever both you and they are."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Emily is fairly perceptive herself, though her face is somewhat unreadable without lips. It seems that a real series of attacks rather than baying jabs needs to be made, or she'll never make any headway. She continues jabbing for a moment, before suddenly that jab turns out to be her reaching forward to grab Calm Reed's arm. If she can manage it, she'll twist the exalt to the side in order to deliver a punch to the ribs below said arm.
    Even as Calm Reed fends off Emily's strikes, she finds herself unable to escape the grab. She might have been able to, but it was just a split-second too sudden and broke the rhythm of the engagement. She groans as she's bodily moved and then punched. The wind is knocked out of her and she sees stars, but she seems able to deliver a jab to the inside of Emily's shoulder despite that.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Emily backs off, moving with the jab to avoid taking much damage from it. Though she doesn't really have the lips needed to smile, one can't help but hear the satisfied amusement in her voice, "So that's how it works, huh?"

The crowd cheers for both of them. Emily seems to be having a great time - it's been quite a while since she met someone she could have a real spar with, and the excitement lights up her slitted eyes, her pupils dilating some as she goes with the energy of it. It seems that she's got a way to beat Calm Reed in mind now; the monk may wish to step it up, otherwise Emily may actually win this bout.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Burnt-Out Ruin

"Excellent. Thankfully, you've brought a wealth of information with you." The creature stretches out his hand for the head and the hard drive, while reaching into his pocket with the other hand to pull out an oversized laptop. "While I decrypt these, tell me what happened."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #698
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Burnt-Out Ruin]

"I found a road and came upon this empty town..."
    Tao will go on to explain how he ran into Jack and Myriam, went to the most destroyed seeming area, found an ocean of blood, etc.
    We were all there; we know what happened.
    He shows the big guy the gun he took to emphasize it all.

"So they'd already moved on tot heir next victims, just leaving that cleanup crew..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Calm Reed takes a deep breath, seems to gather herself and charges. Holding Emily off won't work, so she needs to go on the offensive and finish this. She breaks into a spring and closes her distance, erupting into a flurry of punches and kicks. They all seem to flow into one another like trails of water joining a larger stream, then a mighty river trying to batter down the other woman's defence.

[New Inside Embassy]

"I'm not entirely sure what I am looking for myself, yet," Michalson says in a tone that implies the word "classified" without speaking it. "I will respect everyone's privacy and security, of course. I hope this won't take long."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Burnt-Out Ruin

Jack adds a few bits she noticed to complete Tao's telling, but generally doesn't mention much. She's the least experienced in magic or technology of anyone in the room, so she's not got much to add. She'll watch with interest at what the four-armed demon is up to, though.

11. - Top - End - #701

[New Inside Embassy]

"Alright." Ellena nods without protests. "Are there any papers you'd like to go through? Everything should be in order." She gestures at a filing cabinet nearby. "We have an archive that goes back a few years if you're interested."

Discussions With Goblins Nearby

"Fire magic with primordial ferocity? That was like the first thing my mentor warned me about!" She says as if that was the reason she avoided it. "And I don't even have a weapon besides my staff."

Captain Kramokow have been standing casually leaning against a crate that would be easier for Blanche to sit on. but suddenly turn in their direction as Blanche suddenly addresses them. "Um, sure miss catgirl. We're ready whenever you are." He dismissively gestures at his crew who don't look quite done with the transport.

"Aren't you still packing?" Anika gives him a critical look.

The captain shrugs. "Eh, give or take. We can have it out of here at any moment."

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

For a moment, it seems Emily's defense will be battered aside as Calm Reed wishes. The large woman staggers back, but as Calm Reed is moving in to assault her torso, Emily's fist suddenly comes up from below, in what would be a devastating uppercut if it hits.

Emily can't match Calm Reed's speed and power, but if there's anything she has, it's endurance, letting herself get hit a few times to get in a proper strike is exactly the sort of thing she'd do. Calm Reed may even realize this, if she has a good enough read on Emily's fighting ability. If she does, this counterattack is liable to fail.

13. - Top - End - #703

[Market Street]

A large crocodile is walking down the street. Obviously, people give the crocodile some space.

Saddled atop the crocodile is a mermaid. She's appreciative of the space, because sitting on a crocodile doesn't give you a very good view of the surroundings. Especially because everybody is so tall, standing on their two legs and all.

She's keeping an eye out for a map, but her true goal here is to watch what's going on and see what all these two-leggers are up to, to see if she can understand them better. How do they negotiate? What sorts of things do they buy? What do they say to each other?

And, I guess, market stalls that sell meat, for the crocodile.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-08-19 at 01:35 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [The Palace Fight]

One of the first things you learn in grappling is how to get back up so your enemy doesn't have an advantage, and the robot's slow response is going to be just that for Emily, simply because she got up first.

She'll lay into it like a monster. Her actions are tightly controlled and strong, but ferociously powerful, focusing on slow but immensely powerful strikes that leave the target reeling, and as she's now using her claws and fangs rather than blunt trauma, she'll also be ripping into the metal beast until it either stops moving or stops being a coherent entity in the room. Conveniently, this'll also fulfill her role as the group's tank, as it needs to deal with her or it's going to be turned to metallic shreds.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [The Palace Fight]

Marin looks in awe as the magic is used. This has actually been one of the first times magic has looked beautiful, she thinks.

It isn't until the android speaks that she's shaken out of her reverie and realizes that her grip had loosened. She looks up at everyone else and repeats the instruction, because the sounds of battle are loud and she doubts everyone was able to hear: "Guys!" she shouts. "Finish it! You only have a few moments!"
    The catgirl's actually not sure how long the magic will last, but given the situation she doubts it will last a significant amount of time.

Then, worried, she looks back down at the android. "Dang it, Jim, I'm a mechanic, not a doctor," she says under her breath. "Is there anything I can do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Palace- Fight

Jack feels the shovel grow cold in her hands, and isn't sure what that means, but since it's currently stunned she'll dive in and swing the shovel down like a club, before doing what one usually does with a shovel- propping it against anything resembling a chink she can find in the robo-worm's armour and putting her foot on it before driving her weight through the shovel so it bites deep and starting to pry- unless it moves and she unbalances before she's able to push the shovel into the robot's body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    The Palace Fight

Metalhead finds it curious that his weapons can be strengthened, he fires at the giant monster's weak spots. "I really hate to destroy another robot...especially one this well designed" he mutters glumly.

OOC: If everyone was waiting for me, I'm really sorry, I've been out of town a lot this Summer.

The Palace Fight

Sadly for Metalhead, there won't be much left of the Magitek Monstrosity when they're all done with it. Not much that is whole anyway. Emily and Jack's attacks rend away most of the heavy armor remaining on the creature, exposing a large magitek core much like the one in the Android. A quick clean shot from Metalhead is all it takes to sever the core from the cabling entangling it within its chest. The Magitek Monstrosity goes into its death throes then, flailing and writhing about as it gives a subsonic scream that will roll over its attackers as a wave of pure terror. A true death kneel that would have sent soldiers and warriors scrambling away in dread if this had happened on a larger battlefield. It'd have been a death sentence had there been other enemies around, but as it is, the adventurers, heroes, and villains will have ample time to recover their wits.

On top of the mountain of corpses, the Android winces and folds her wolf-ears down to try and block out the subsonic howling. She grits her teeth, steels her body and soul against it and leans heavily upon her sheath to provide herself with a brace to keep from collapsing. "I...I will survive. But I need a true mechanic." She finally admits when she takes a look down at her core, setting a hand over it to try and provide a little relief to the sphere.

The group's guide finishes making her tea and sets out a cup for everyone to enjoy, looking more than a little proud of herself and entirely oblivious or uncaring to the fight that has just gone on. As for rewards? At the very least there is a veritable mountain of magitek and uncommon (possibly rare) alloys and metals that could easily be hauled and sold. Not to mention the Monstrosity's body and the Android herself if one considers her treasure. There was also whatever lays beneath the pile, provided someone could move it all.

But before all of that? It's probable that Emily requires a great deal of medical attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [The Palace]

"Someone very important would take offense to that! And you know very well how close you're skirting to the P word." Zebes pouts. Though something else Veronica says makes him snicker, and he doesn't know why.
    Jace smiles, returning the hug, and giving her a light kiss- on the cheek. He doesn't think he's entitled to more at the moment.
    "Watching over you? Please. You're the most functional person in the room right now- you're watching over him. And I'll bring Heather over to me while you're here. If whatever all this is has gotten to her too, I'll bring her here for you to care for. The boys should be safe outside the city. I'll be back later with your things...and maybe a portable generator if you don't figure out how to install wall outlets." He flashes her a smile, one that doesn't quite reach his eyes, before walking slowly to the edge of the room that looks out over the city.
    He turns to the two and gives a thumbs up before falling backwards off the edge.

"What a drama queen. He just hasn't had a use for Feather-Fall in seven years."
    The Palace

Veronica peers down after Jace when he falls off backwards and just shakes her head. "Let's be fair, Zebes. We'd have done the exact same thing and we can fly any time we want. Might as well give him the chance whenever he wishes." She points out before flopping back onto her throne with a sigh. "So, two crazy people stuck in a realm of chaos for at least a night. Whatever shall we do?" She asks before looking up at him. "No. Really. I'm bored out of my mind and I'm still getting urges to proclaim myself queen again. And before it's asked, no. I don't know if I should be called Veroni or Veronica. It's...confusing."

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

The Palace

Zebes shrugs.
    ”Maybe! He could have just ‘ported home, though. Maybe falling was faster.” He paces the room, turning every few seconds and letting his arms swing.
    ”I mean, we both know I’m just gonna keep calling you V, and he’s gonna keep calling you Veronica until you ask him not to. As for Queen, well, he’ll say you’re his whenever you want. Heh, I forget, did he say that out loud or was he just thinking it?” he snickers.
    ”But to the matter at hand, Jace says that he’ll come get my laptop and the things you asked for once he finishes checking on the adorable repto-mammal and the...orni....rapto...Heather. And Heather. In the meantime I have an encyclopedic knowledge of far too many shows, songs, and books. And you have fantastic cosmic powers that are ripe for abuse. Well. Let’s say Use for now. We can find something.” a ball of light appears in his hand, which he rolls up and down his arms and fingers. Though he does turn to Veronica with a slightly more serious look.
    ”But seriously no more skeletons. Or slugs.” he shudders.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Calm Reed notices the uppercut coming at the last possible moment. She was convinced she had Emily on the defensive. It's just enough time to fold her arms in front of her to absorb some of the impact. Instead of being sent sprawling like a mortal woman probably would, the Dragon-Blood is pushed back and staggers a few steps, but stands firm.

[New Inside Embassy]

"I'll take a look before going elsewhere," Michalson says. "And maybe come back if I think there's something I need to find there."

He'll approach the filing cabinet and begin to search through the most recent entries. He doesn't expect to find any real evidence, but possibly some signs of tampering, omissions of discrepancies. Something to suggest the real goings-on.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

The Palace

Veronica crosses her arms but holds out a hand to call forth a small sphere of whirling green-tinged wind magic, studying it. "He was probably just thinking it, but I know I could probably get him to call me whatever I want. That's the benefit of being the girlfriend." She teases before causing her magic to flow from one hand to the other. "No more skeletons, I promise. Still, that's what I had ready for the Paladin if it all went bad. I'm willing to bet you and Jace both forgot that the first book I got as treasure from the first adventure we got on was a Raise Undead spellbook. Implanted the spell into my head as soon as I even browsed through it. I just never had a flicker of power to myself before so I couldn't even practice it. If I give this mantle up, then I'll be giving up all the power with it too.

Blanche

The new sight slides in without any difficulties, fusing with the gun and feeling right. The entire piece feels natural in her hands now, even more than before like it was just an extension of her being. It craves being used, to be fired with glee and without mercy. Even taking a peek through the sight, Blanche will feel a desire to pull the trigger, to feed both the gun and her own inner desire for violence and adrenaline. She was a hunter, a predator, and she just had to go find some prey...

The gun might have been lethal before, but now it was dangerous.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

The Palace

Zebes shakes his head.
    ”I’ve a memory that has made people gape, but I can’t keep track of everything. Especially what goes on in your head.” He keeps pacing.
    ”Well, I guess it’ll be a choice for you then. All this used to be impossible for you. A dream. If you decide to give it up, it’ll be like a certain someone told Jace a while ago: dreams are there to show you the impossible and let you know how much better real life can be. And this one lasts as long as you want.
    And if you decide to keep it? Well we certainly won’t judge. Even if Jace might silently be a little upset about you ending up more powerful than him so it’s harder to showboat and do his dashing hero act.”

He eyes her and the ball she’s holding.
    ”But mantles always have responsibilities to go with titles. There’s no such thing as a free flying jade palace. Is that why you’re even considering giving it up?” Because otherwise he can’t fathom why she’d want to. She’s magic now AND she’s shinier. No downsides there.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Emily's next move is unusual. Up to this point, she's been punching exclusively, save for the use of her knee that one time. This time again, as she surges forward, she uses a joint instead of her fist - this time an elbow strike to strike Calm Reed's guard, before unfolding her arm to bring her fist down on the Dragon-blood's head. This is a slow, somewhat awkward move, which is probably going to be relatively easy to block when Calm Reed realizes Emily is using it.

But it also means that Calm Reed is going to be focused on the attacks coming for her head, enough that she may not realize a massive foot is coming for her gut.

[Palace Fight]

Emily will grab Jack. While normally an innocuous statement - you think 'oh, she probably just grabbed the other woman's shirt, right?' - that is not the case here. Emily's hands, when balled into fists, are the size of a normal man's torso. So when one says she grabs Jack, it means that the massive reptile woman's hand closes around Jack's entire torso, like someone might pick up a puppy, and then proceeds to carry the much smaller woman away from the writhing monstrosity, so that they're both out of the way of its death throes.

When that's been done, Emily puts Jack back down, and then proceeds to fall heavily into a sitting position. The massive gash in her back isn't bleeding anymore, and while one could see her ribs earlier, through the meat, that's no longer the case. Those observant enough to note it will likely realize she has some regeneration going on. Certainly, it's not perfect, given the wound is taking its time to close, but by the end of the day, she should be back in top form.

"I know a mechanic," the massive scaled woman says between labored breaths. It seems that, even with the pain, she's cognizant enough to have heard the gynoid.

20. - Top - End - #710

[the Palace Fight]

Marin, of course, tries to cover her ears during the beast's deathsong. It prevents her from really doing anything, but it could argued that she didn't do all that much in the first place.
    ...And now her phone's useless, so she can't call for a ride.

Sure, Marin's mechanic skills are entirely self-taught, and, sure, she's really only worked on free Magbots, but...
    ...Okay. Well, if Emily knows a mechanic, that's probably better than a self-taught mechanic who is used to whatever weird tricks Magtok would put in his robots.

Ignoring the teacups, the catgirl nods and picks her purse back up, putting the remains of whatever tools she used back in it. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get to whoever she (Emily) knows, to fix you up."

She turns to Emily. "I'm sure you'll probably want your arms free, so...I'll see if I can find some wheels and build a stretcher." Especially since the crocodilian looks injured still, in spite of what appears to be rapid regeneration.

The catgirl stands up and starts looking among the junk for whatever she'll need for a stretcher - wheels, strong straight bars, cloth...

[Market Street]

Of course, a mermaid.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

The Palace Fight

Jack clamps her hands to her ears and tries to fly up and away, pressing the immobility button on her shovel and abandoning it to get away faster- though Emily grabs her and hauls her away far more gently than she was expecting of the massive woman.

Once all that's ended, she'll reach into her satchel and pull out a roll of bandages, which she'll hold out to Emily. She's noticed the regeneration, so isn't sure how well they'll help, but... They are more likely to help the gigantic reptilian lady than the much smaller mechanical one. "Here. I, uh, don't know much about your anatomy, but when I decided to come visit I thought I'd better make sure I was prepared. I don't have anything magical, I'm afraid." But once she spots the tea, she will pull out a half-packet of digestive biscuits. They're a bit battered and most of them are broken, but they're a good accompaniment to a cup of tea.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Calm Reed doesn't seem to wait for Emily to attack; she responds to offence with offence of her own. Rushing the crocodile-woman, she twists her body around the knee and raises her own leg to push it aside, before trying to once again more inside her guard and deliver a deceptively powerful jab to her torso.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Emily staggers, the unexpected blow, and off-balance due to only being on one foot means that even the comparatively smaller Calm reed has ample opportunity to lay into her as she tries to get her feet back under her. She's unable to get her feet under her long enough to get a proper strike in, and doesn't have the balance to make back and away out of Calm Reed's reach. This may well be time to end the spar!

24. - Top - End - #714

You Cannot Rest Now, There Are Goblins Nearby

Blanche tenses as she looks through the scope, immediately sensing its effect. The allure it exerted was easy to identify, and all the more disconcerting. She'll have to use her pistol sparingly, but it would be a very effective backup if the enchantment was as she suspected. "Well if I can't manage it, I guess that's on me," she dismisses.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

25. - Top - End - #715

[Burnt-Out Ruin]

Myriam, likewise, will recount the the strange lack of metal and the pool of blood. It was rather unpleasant.

"Do you know why the machines would kill all those people? All the animals, too? There didn't seem to be any purpose behind it."

[Market Street]

Market Street is as bustling as ever. Not only is this commercial district packed with a plethora of interesting and quint little shops, street vendors have set up booths along the road that probably hasn't had a vehicle drive down it ever.

It's almost overwhelming, the sheer volume and variety of odds and ins being sold. Food, clothing, trinkets, artists sketches. There's even a little booth set up where kids are getting their faces painted. It's like a shopping mall and a fair all rolled into one bright, loud, colorful, chaotic jumble of attractions.

The sort of situation where a bewildered newcomer probably wouldn't even know where to start.

"I don't even know where to start," Kirin mutters as he gazes down the street, his long legs and longer neck giving him a good view over the crowd.

See?

Told you.

Bewildered.

Too bad Moira is so short. This will be even more of a problem for her.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Calm Reed does press her advantage, aiming another series of rapid kicks and punches towards Emily. She'll stop if the other woman is obviously beaten, though, and is still on lookout for an unexpected turnaround.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

The amount of things for sale around here is simply mind-boggling.
    It’s too bad Moira can barely see any of it.

On the left is a strawberry lemonade stand. Next to that is a smith trying to sell a pair of shiny glaives.
    Another person is apparently selling wyvern harnesses, but not wyverns.
    There’s also a man in orange selling fishing rods. Super rods, good rods, and even old rods. “99% Magikarp guaranteed!”
    There’s a tan lizard-man selling magitech hand cannons, a large blue fellow selling sushi, and a black-scaled repto-avian flexing for the crowd. She doesn’t appear to be selling anything.
    Right now Moira can’t see anyone who seems to be selling stones. But then again, she’s having trouble seeing anything. She has to practically attach herself to Nirik to not get lost.
    ”How do we know if we see what we need? What does a moon stone look like?”

28. - Top - End - #718

[Market Street]

There's a human over there covered in silver body paint doing some kind of robot-related street performance. A nearby robot seems to think it's offensive.

And some kind of cat-person selling fine silks.

Gosh this place is just so BUSY.

"White, transparent, and iridescent," Nirik replies.

That could describe a pretty wide selection of stones, couldn't it?

Hmm...

They just need to find someone selling rocks, right? Even if they weren't selling a moon stone they might know where to find them.

Wait...

Actually? Getting those statues sold first is probably the better plan. Buying a moon stone will require money after all.

It doesn't take terribly long to find a parked wagon with the side opened up to create a booth overflowing with baubles, curiosities, oddities, and trinkets. The owner of the shop appears to be a crow-person of some kind. Because what corvid worth their salt doesn't love shiny baubles?

"How can I help you, friends?" the bird asks as Kirin approaches. "Charms perhaps? Something lovely?"

"We were looking to sell, actually," Kirin replies. "We have a few of these-"

And with that, a golden goodra statue is produced! Haggling begins in earnest at this point.

And while that's going on?

Moira may find her tail getting tugged on by a small child. Maybe six? He's holding a plush pikachu, sporting a shirt with all the Gold/Silver starters, and rocking a gross runny nose. "You're a pokemon," the child observes.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

Everyone knows that crows love glittering gold, trinkets, and baubles.
    Moira yanks her tail away in reflex and barely manages to suppress her instincts to deploy her barbs.
    ”Yeah? And I’m super venomous so you shouldn’t touch me. Where’s your mom, kid?” she asks the kid. Moira has never been good with little kids. Except when she was one. But everyone knows you’re not a little kid once you’re 13. Then you’re a teen. Totally not a kid.

30. - Top - End - #720

[Market Street]

Children, tweens, and teens.

And then of course that weird young adult stage between 18 and 20.

This child, though, is most CERTAINLY a child.

"Mom's buying ferns," the little boy replies.

Sure enough, if Moira peers between the folk walking about she'll have a good view of a woman at a stall buying some potted ferns.

"How come you don't just say 'nidorina nidorina' instead of talking? That's what they do on the TV show," the child asks.

Oh for goodness sake.

Has this kid really never seen any of the other sapient pokemon that live in the Nexus? There MUST be more of them.