New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 21: Older than Arkh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Wild Mike’s]

Tarim reaches into his belt and unless Fade stops him he will present one of the DEATHKISS posters that the band has been spreading around town. "This is the date. So there's a concert here isn't it?" He states in a deep booming voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Wild Mike’s]

Fade doesn't stop him from gettint to his belt. One of his hands will also get down to his own belt, but when the other person takes out a poster he just let's the hand hang down.

"Yes that is true. It will be in a few hours. " Fade replies in his usual emotionless voice. "But I can't let you in like that. You need to leavve your weapon and armor at home."
    I say this is a commen rule for this not just something Fade made up. Wouldn't want to have a mob of armed people in the audience. Thought Tarim might be big enougth to be a weapon on his own.
    [Wild Mike's]

Euphoria confirms both of their statements with a curt nod. Yes, the concert is today. No, they're not going to let him in like that. This sort of thing is exactly why they hired security. "More to the point." She begins, holding out her hand. "The tickets are sold out. Do you have one?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

2. - Top - End - #692
    Orc in the Playground

Wild Mike's

"Nay. I try not t' think about it. I don't know if'n I be alive enough t' continue, in any way. So I try not t' think o' th' day me lamp runs out o' oil." Frigate doesn't know if he has a soul, and can't even sleep to experience 'death' that way, and the idea of one day not being... disconcerts him. A more modern individual would probably use the metaphor 'when my battery runs dry', or 'battery dies', but as far as Frigate's concerned a battery is a group of cannon all firing from the same place.

Late at Night, Residential Road- Interaction Wanted

There's a subdued flash of light and an old-fashioned van appears. It's a Bedford CA, painted duck-egg blue, with odd nodules mounted on the corners. It arrives a short distance above the road and on its side, and hits with a loud crunch and then skids a short distance, the paint scraping off. One of the back doors bangs open and hits the road, spilling a few bits of detritus- clothing, bits of scientific equipment, and so on. The driver is visible through the windscreen, slumped against the steering wheel, held in place against gravity on the side furthest from the road; they seem unconscious.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #693

[Riverside Streets]

"Aren't you going to put one on yourself?" Jaahlyn inquires as she can't help but to smile at Ecstasy's performance. "Kind of ironic that you ordered so many shirts when you're always walking around naked yourself."

[Wild Mike’s]

"Weapon, sure. Armor, no. It's my connection to the burning light which means that I can't be without it." Tarim declares calmly before turning his burning gaze to Euphoria. "No."
    It looks like that might be everything he had to say.

Until he suddenly adds. "How many innocents have you murdered? Or perhaps you believe them all to be guilty? But are they as guilty as you are?"

4. - Top - End - #694

[Riverside Streets]

"Aren't you going to put one on yourself?" Jaahlyn inquires as she can't help but to smile at Ecstasy's performance. "Kind of ironic that you ordered so many shirts when you're always walking around naked yourself."
    [Riverside Streets]

"What? Do I look naked to you?" Ecstacy challenges facetiously, gesturing at her illusionary wardrobe with a flourish. "Ah, yeah, it kind of is and isn't, though. I don't really need any of these shirts, either for the clothes themselves or the sentimental value. So why would I bother?" She grins. "Although, if it makes you feel any better..."

Fwip, go the wings.

Gasp, go the onlookers.

Flip, go the wings.

And now Ecstacy's skull-bearing black t-shirt has been replaced with a midriff-baring replica of the "NOT GOING HOME" shirts in the box. "Voila." She grins.

[Wild Mike's]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Wild Mike's

"Nay. I try not t' think about it. I don't know if'n I be alive enough t' continue, in any way. So I try not t' think o' th' day me lamp runs out o' oil." Frigate doesn't know if he has a soul, and can't even sleep to experience 'death' that way, and the idea of one day not being... disconcerts him. A more modern individual would probably use the metaphor 'when my battery runs dry', or 'battery dies', but as far as Frigate's concerned a battery is a group of cannon all firing from the same place.
    At first, Malady wonders if Frigate's being literal there. It's conceivable; he could be running on an oil lamp of some sort. It'd be impractical for a seafaring robot, though... he'd expire the first time he fell overboard. But she quickly decides that doesn't matter.

"Well... yes." Malady concedes. "But that's sort of beside the point. Nobody in this room is going to live forever. Not those elves at the bar there, not those rabbit-folk near the door, not you, and certainly not me. And like you, when my clock runs out this time... well, that's it." She folds her hands in front of her, trying not to think too hard about what it will feel like to die a second time. "But if your time is such a limited resource, one has to imagine what it ultimately amounts to. What sort of legacy you're ultimately going to leave behind." She gives a rueful little smile. "Questions about what the future beyond you will be like are what motivate many of us in the present. Do you see what I mean?"

[Wild Mike’s]

"Weapon, sure. Armor, no. It's my connection to the burning light which means that I can't be without it." Tarim declares calmly before turning his burning gaze to Euphoria. "No."
    It looks like that might be everything he had to say.

Until he suddenly adds. "How many innocents have you murdered? Or perhaps you believe them all to be guilty? But are they as guilty as you are?"
    "One hundred twenty-three thousand, nine hundred and ninety-eight." Euphoria replies evenly. "Would you like to hear their names? Perhaps the circumstances of their deaths? Does it matter?" She looks at the demon hunter rather coldly, arms crossed protectively over her chest. "Do you fear for tonight's concert-goers? Or do you intend to persecute me for the sense that punishment will somehow correct the loss of life?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

5. - Top - End - #695

[Wild Mike’s]

"Then this means you can't come in." Fade replies, emotionless as usual. "The rule is no weapons and armor unless you belong to the hired stuff members, which I know you don't." Fade says during the pause the demon makes.

Fade was about to answer the question Tarim asks, but since he looks at Euphoria and she answered it, he keeps quiet. What was the last number he counted? But non of them were innocent. Each one was hostile towards him. Can't compain that Fade rather makes a quick and clean end instead of letting people go.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

Wild Mike's

A literal oil lamp would explain why his eye glows, too. Although the actual answer is he's a magic robot. "Aye, I see ye're point. But I be built f'r a purpose, an' that purpose is to defend me creator from 'is foes. He gave me chunky fingers ill-suited to craft an' well-suited t' punchin' an' holdin' weapons. I can maintain meself, but all th' legacy I'll leave will be in th' mem'ries o' those who survive me. I jus' try t' obey th' laws an' ensure nobody's hurt if I'm lookin' after them." Frigate probably won't leave a concrete legacy, unless his body is used as a statue or monument. He won't be able to craft one himself, as he was not built to be a creator himself.

7. - Top - End - #697

[Wild Mike’s]

Euphoria's casual admission of her murder spree seems enough to even bring Tarim pause.
    But it doesn't last for long as the sheer number of death's she just claimed just made his eyes glow brighter.

"You lie, dark one. Are you saying you have murdered more than this city worth of people and then claim that they shouldn't be concerned?" The demon shakes his head. "Either you are a fool or you are attempting to provoke me." He gestures towards Zefir. "Considering this puppet doesn't even seem to care of your admission, I think it's the second one. So I want to hear that again, are what you saying true? Have you actually murdered everyone in this town? More than an entire invasion worth of demons?"

[Riverside Streets]

Well, Jaahlyn wasn't paid to protect Ecstasy from stares. That'd be a impossible job.
    The satyr giggles loudly as the succubus switches clothes. "So you're always naked? I mean, in illusionary wear?"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

[Wild Mike's]

The two elves who had been discussing demons previously exchange glances, get up and move closer to where Tarim and Euphoria are arguing. It looks like mere curiosity, but there's purpose in their movements.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office]

"Great, I wish you a good day then. Just say 'hi' to Vax from me will you?" Dena replies with a faint smile.

"Oh, of course- and thank you!" Zhareen says as she gets up from her seat to help Korrina to do likewise once she's ready to get up again.

Then they will be given a ride to the riftstation without any treachery happening. How thoughtful.
    "Well, that was fun wasn't it? Getting out and seeing the world like this." Zhareen comments as they're on the riftline back to HALO.
    [Riftline]

"Yeah, sure." Korrina replies without much energy. She slouches into her seat. She should have just went straight home. A foot massage would be wonderful right now. "Not that Riverside is that far out there." It wasn't so long ago that they all worked there.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2021-11-17 at 10:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #700

[Riverside Streets]

Well, Jaahlyn wasn't paid to protect Ecstasy from stares. That'd be a impossible job.
    The satyr giggles loudly as the succubus switches clothes. "So you're always naked? I mean, in illusionary wear?"
    [Riverside Streets]

"Of course I am." Ecstacy shrugs. "It's very liberating. I can wear whatever I want, whenever I want, without going through the trouble of getting it. And frankly, I don't miss all those little fabric-y sensations... after the first few weeks of being a stealth nudist, it started feeling weird to put clothes back on. So I just thought, '(curtain) it, who cares what the people around here think?' and just kept the habit." She scratches at her neck idly. "...Mel likes it. She won't admit it, but she does."

[Wild Mike's]
    Wild Mike's

A literal oil lamp would explain why his eye glows, too. Although the actual answer is he's a magic robot. "Aye, I see ye're point. But I be built f'r a purpose, an' that purpose is to defend me creator from 'is foes. He gave me chunky fingers ill-suited to craft an' well-suited t' punchin' an' holdin' weapons. I can maintain meself, but all th' legacy I'll leave will be in th' mem'ries o' those who survive me. I jus' try t' obey th' laws an' ensure nobody's hurt if I'm lookin' after them." Frigate probably won't leave a concrete legacy, unless his body is used as a statue or monument. He won't be able to craft one himself, as he was not built to be a creator himself.
    Malady nods. "Makes sense to me. A person's gotta know their limits, right?" She smiles and stands, adjusting her hoodie and glancing worriedly at the situation brewing near the entrance. "...I should... ah... start getting ready." She manages. "You can come with me if you want. I'd love to keep talking philosophy with you." She gives him an encouraging little peck on the "cheek", taking full advantage of the fact that he's one of the few people in the bar who won't be affected by such a thing.

[Wild Mike’s]

"Then this means you can't come in." Fade replies, emotionless as usual. "The rule is no weapons and armor unless you belong to the hired stuff members, which I know you don't." Fade says during the pause the demon makes.

Fade was about to answer the question Tarim asks, but since he looks at Euphoria and she answered it, he keeps quiet. What was the last number he counted? But non of them were innocent. Each one was hostile towards him. Can't compain that Fade rather makes a quick and clean end instead of letting people go.
    [Wild Mike’s]

Euphoria's casual admission of her murder spree seems enough to even bring Tarim pause.
    But it doesn't last for long as the sheer number of death's she just claimed just made his eyes glow brighter.

"You lie, dark one. Are you saying you have murdered more than this city worth of people and then claim that they shouldn't be concerned?" The demon shakes his head. "Either you are a fool or you are attempting to provoke me." He gestures towards Zefir. "Considering this puppet doesn't even seem to care of your admission, I think it's the second one. So I want to hear that again, are what you saying true? Have you actually murdered everyone in this town? More than an entire invasion worth of demons?"
    Euphoria stiffens and gives Tarim an aggressively apathetic look. "Curious. That's the answer you expected to be true, and yet you decry it as falsehood the moment I cop to it." She leans in and whispers into his ear, a cold, harsh sound, like wind whistling through shards of volcanic rock. "It's not much of a hunt when your prey neither fights nor flees, is it?"

The demoness draws herself back up and turns to leave, gesturing to Fade and giving him the obvious order. "See him on his way." She says, giving a dismissive little wave, as though Tarim had been nothing more than an annoying fan she wouldn't give an autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wild Mike's]

The two elves who had been discussing demons previously exchange glances, get up and move closer to where Tarim and Euphoria are arguing. It looks like mere curiosity, but there's purpose in their movements.
    "Heeeeeey~♡" Mania greets the elves, throwing an arm over each of them and giving an inebriated-sounding little hiccup. "You two fellas *hk* here for tonight's concert? It's gonna be a *hk* a reeeeeal banger." She leans heavily on the two, with the goal of restricting their mobility before they can get close enough to Euphoria to hear the wrong parts of the conversation. Damn it, she's not supposed to just confess to mass murder in public like that! Terrible image. It's up to Mania to make an attempt at damage control.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

11. - Top - End - #701

[Wild Mike's]

Fade just considers the number again. Thought it is possible to achive this in a lifespan like Euphoria has, which was 600+ years? He was underthe impression that those who come to the Abyss are already dead and punished for their sins in life. Whatever it is he doesn't care. The job wasn't about judging the client after all. In the mean time, Fade's shadow returns to him as the elfs got dealt with for now. He assumes the demon hunter won't go away that easily.

When Euphoria heads away Fade turns to her.
    "Please refrain from confirm his false impression. We are hired yb our own will." he then turns to the demon hunter
    "I neither knew what she did before or has it anything to do with todays event. Now that you got your answers you should leave."

Just thinking, Fade might have killed even more people then Euphoria.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

[Wild Mike's]

"We are not here for the concert, no. We were just passing through."

"And now we hear there are demons about. Makes one concerned, after what this city has been through."

The elves recognize what Mania is attempting to do and will try to untangle themselves from her. It might not work, though, because they're still trying to appear casual and won't risk using force.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Orc in the Playground

Wild Mike's

Frigate's a little surprised by the kiss, but it doesn't show. Nobody's ever done that before. "I be here t' keep all o' ye safe. I can't easily do that from th' back. 'Less ye think ye be in more danger on ye're own than ye're companions out 'ere?" If she does, then it's probably Frigate's job to go with and ensure she's safe whilst preparing. But it's also his job to potentially fire his blunderbuss at the big guy in the glowing armour if they try to cause trouble, and he can't do that from the changing rooms. Well, he could, if things have gone extremely badly wrong. His head has turned to observe the confrontation between Fade and Tarim, ready to provide muscle- or bronze, perhaps- if needed.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Late at Night, Residential Road]
    There's a subdued flash of light and an old-fashioned van appears. It's a Bedford CA, painted duck-egg blue, with odd nodules mounted on the corners. It arrives a short distance above the road and on its side, and hits with a loud crunch and then skids a short distance, the paint scraping off. One of the back doors bangs open and hits the road, spilling a few bits of detritus- clothing, bits of scientific equipment, and so on. The driver is visible through the windscreen, slumped against the steering wheel, held in place against gravity on the side furthest from the road; they seem unconscious.
    A little way down the road, there's an adventurer sitting on a bench, eating a quick dinner, well, a late night meal anyway, out of a plastic takeaway container.
    The flash of light - that was probably just a streetlight flickering - he ignores, but the crash and screeching of metal on concrete definitely gets his attention.
    Okay. It's not going to hit him, it's not even going the right direction for that.
    He takes another bite of his stir-fry before admitting to himself that maybe he should look into this new arrival.
    Maybe they need rescue. Maybe they're beyond rescue. Maybe the car still works despite the new scratches.

He hops up and jogs over to the van, circling around to the front.
    "Hey, you alright there?"
    They really don't look alright. But they'll probably wake up any second, right?
    How about he just try to open the other door, on the top of the van, and help them out?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #705

[Wild Mike's]
    [Wild Mike's]

"We are not here for the concert, no. We were just passing through."

"And now we hear there are demons about. Makes one concerned, after what this city has been through."

The elves recognize what Mania is attempting to do and will try to untangle themselves from her. It might not work, though, because they're still trying to appear casual and won't risk using force.
    Mania is rather insistent about hugging the men to her sides, very nearly putting them in a headlock in the process. "Ah, come *hk* on now, it's just a bit of fun, isn't it? A little *hk* music, a little skin, a couple of hours of partying... 'sall harmless, really." She gives the elf on her left an affectionate kiss on the cheek, which should affect him about as much as chugging a bottle of vodka.

Wild Mike's

Frigate's a little surprised by the kiss, but it doesn't show. Nobody's ever done that before. "I be here t' keep all o' ye safe. I can't easily do that from th' back. 'Less ye think ye be in more danger on ye're own than ye're companions out 'ere?" If she does, then it's probably Frigate's job to go with and ensure she's safe whilst preparing. But it's also his job to potentially fire his blunderbuss at the big guy in the glowing armour if they try to cause trouble, and he can't do that from the changing rooms. Well, he could, if things have gone extremely badly wrong. His head has turned to observe the confrontation between Fade and Tarim, ready to provide muscle- or bronze, perhaps- if needed.
    "Well, that's why I leave it up to you." Malady replies quickly. "On the one hand, you've already got a capable man up here, and it might be dangerous to leave me alone. On the other hand, the back stage is pretty safe, usually, and your help might be needed up here. Now who's going to know where you're needed more, a seasoned mercenary or a civilian with an allegedly above-average singing voice?" She smiles and heads for the back room. "If you're out here, good luck."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-11-18 at 11:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Late at Night, Residential Road

The driver doesn't respond to the adventurer's queries, though the door is unlocked and can be opened with some difficulty- the door swings open, and isn't really designed to be a hatch like this.

Now the door's open, the driver can be seen quite clearly. He's a man in his late twenties, with skin tanned by the sun, brown hair and his eyes are closed. He's smacked his head on the steering wheel, and the vehicle doesn't have an airbag. There's blood spilling from a cut just above his eye. He's wearing an odd black jumpsuit with some strange nodules on it, especially at the joints of the limbs, and there's a little box at his waist with some buttons on it.

Wild Mike's

"I've not worked wi' him afore, he looks weedy. Th' other chap do not. But... Has anyone checked out th' back, ensured it all be safe back there?" Now Malady's mentioned it, Frigate's wondering if he should. Tarim might be a distraction, to keep eyes on the front rather than the back. "Aye, I'll go wi' ye. Make sure there's no intruders or what not about." He'll turn to follow Malady to the changing rooms and other parts of the building.

17. - Top - End - #707

Wild Mike's

Tarim stares after Euphoria. "You can't escape justice forever. Soon, everyone will learn of your murders." He shouts after her as his burning gaze follows her back inside the club.

But he remains unmoving until she's inside again whereupon he turns to leave.

[Riverside Streets]

"So you can't feel cold or heat either?" Jaahlyn replies in a thoughtful tone. "I got all this fur and I still feel that." She gestures down at her legs and hooves. "So I get the idea it's pretty swell being a succubus. Anything else cool you get?"

18. - Top - End - #708

Default [Late at Night, Residential Road]

Wait, wasn't there supposed to be a city service that dealt with things like this?
    Some special phone signal to reach?
    Well, he doesn't remember it, and they'd probably be more trouble than they're worth.

Now, this driver is still alive, so, scavenging his van would be a bit rude. And that driver is hurt, kinda badly it seems like. Does he need that weird suit to get by, actually? On top of the van really isn't meant to be boarded sideways. He'd have trouble with his antlers even if it were upright.

What the adventurer does, while perched on the top of the sideways vehicle, is reach into his pocket and get a slice of enchanted healing apple, unwrap it from its wax paper, and conjure a tiny dragon to fly down and place the apple slice in the driver's mouth where it can do its magic. There's a moment before the miniature dragon appears where the hand holding the fruit looks undefined and geometric, and if you were watching very closely, you would notice that the adventurer shrunk by about 0.7%; that mass had to come from somewhere.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

[Wild Mike's]

The elf will try to ward off the kiss, not caring if he's rough or impolite while he does so.

"I think it is best if we left."

"Yes, it seems that this place has attracted the wrong sort. We must be on our way."

Their eyes are quite firmly on Tarim as they speak.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Orc in the Playground

There should be, yes. The driver might even know what it is. He mumbles a little as the apple is placed in his mouth, and wakes up. He looks a bit groggy still, and turns to the passenger side, before turning back and looking at the adventurer who is rescuing him. "...huh, antlers. Uh..." He shakes his head and moans, before looking back, his eyes a little sharper. "Still there, hopefully not a head injury. Uh, when am I? And where, for that matter." He hopes he's not attracting too much attention, it'd be bad for his employers if he is.

21. - Top - End - #711

[Wild Mike's]

Fade just considers the number again. Thought it is possible to achive this in a lifespan like Euphoria has, which was 600+ years? He was underthe impression that those who come to the Abyss are already dead and punished for their sins in life. Whatever it is he doesn't care. The job wasn't about judging the client after all. In the mean time, Fade's shadow returns to him as the elfs got dealt with for now. He assumes the demon hunter won't go away that easily.

When Euphoria heads away Fade turns to her.
    "Please refrain from confirm his false impression. We are hired yb our own will." he then turns to the demon hunter
    "I neither knew what she did before or has it anything to do with todays event. Now that you got your answers you should leave."

Just thinking, Fade might have killed even more people then Euphoria.
    Wild Mike's

Tarim stares after Euphoria. "You can't escape justice forever. Soon, everyone will learn of your murders." He shouts after her as his burning gaze follows her back inside the club.

But he remains unmoving until she's inside again whereupon he turns to leave.
    Euphoria doesn't react to Tarim's parting words. Not immediately, at least. She considers that to be something of an idle threat; he's clearly established himself as being off his rocker, his reputation ensures nobody will believe him if he does start circulating her ill-advised confession. And even if he were believed, what then? She didn't name any names, and even with as prolific as she's been, tying her to any one specific killing or catastrophe would be exceedingly difficult; he'd never get any formal charges to stick. The only people who would come after her with this scandalous rumor about would be those who were going to come after her anyway.

It's not until she gets to the door and sees Mania chumming it up with a pair of elves and Malady talking with Frigate that she realizes exactly how this could backfire.

"...Damn." She spits acridly.

[Wild Mike's]

The elf will try to ward off the kiss, not caring if he's rough or impolite while he does so.

"I think it is best if we left."

"Yes, it seems that this place has attracted the wrong sort. We must be on our way."

Their eyes are quite firmly on Tarim as they speak.
    Mania is shoved off, but it looks like she's delayed them for long enough anyway. She releases her grip on the other elf and stumbles back toward the bar, waving at them erratically. "Kay, bye then!" She calls, blowing them a kiss. "Come back *hk* soon!"

Wild Mike's

"I've not worked wi' him afore, he looks weedy. Th' other chap do not. But... Has anyone checked out th' back, ensured it all be safe back there?" Now Malady's mentioned it, Frigate's wondering if he should. Tarim might be a distraction, to keep eyes on the front rather than the back. "Aye, I'll go wi' ye. Make sure there's no intruders or what not about." He'll turn to follow Malady to the changing rooms and other parts of the building.
    "...I didn't see anyone go back there, no." Malady replies cautiously, suddenly wary of the obvious gap in security.

Then she breathes a sigh of relief as Frigate accompanies her back. She'll be perfectly safe, she knows.

The changing room in question sort of... isn't. It seems to be more of an all-purpose prep space, with no furniture included. Most of the things that would normally go here are still on the bus, or just got unloaded by Fade and Euphoria, so the room's pretty barren; nothing here but a cheap fold-out table, some chairs, and a laptop plugged into the wall.

"...Ah. I guess I'm a little premature." Malady says, turning to Frigate and giving him an embarrassed shrug. "Or... well, actually, honestly not. I just don't like the idea of being out there with that creep running around, you know?"

[Riverside Streets]

"So you can't feel cold or heat either?" Jaahlyn replies in a thoughtful tone. "I got all this fur and I still feel that." She gestures down at her legs and hooves. "So I get the idea it's pretty swell being a succubus. Anything else cool you get?"
    [Riverside Streets]

"Ah..." Ecstacy considers protesting that no, being a succubus is not swell, but decides Jaahlyn probably doesn't want to hear it and takes a different tack instead. "It's not so much that I don't feel hot or cold, it's just that it doesn't bother me anymore. Like... hm." She taps her finger to her chin as she tries to figure out how to describe it. "Nobody really likes horseradish, right? Well, imagine if, for a few years, you'd only been given dirt to eat. It's that or starve. Then someone brings you a jar of horseradish. It's still not great, but it's at least actual food and you'd be glad to have it for that, even though it's still objectively pretty horrible." She smiles and shrugs. "Same thing with the cold out here, really. I'm used to dealing with a lot worse, so I welcome the occasional nip in the air." She pauses a moment, realizing at last what she just said and giggling. "Not what I meant, but also exactly what I meant."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

22. - Top - End - #712

There should be, yes. The driver might even know what it is. He mumbles a little as the apple is placed in his mouth, and wakes up. He looks a bit groggy still, and turns to the passenger side, before turning back and looking at the adventurer who is rescuing him. "...huh, antlers. Uh..." He shakes his head and moans, before looking back, his eyes a little sharper. "Still there, hopefully not a head injury. Uh, when am I? And where, for that matter." He hopes he's not attracting too much attention, it'd be bad for his employers if he is.
    "Head injury, maybe, maybe not."
    "It's mid-fall, year 13. Upper Eastside, where you crashed your car. You're lucky there's not much traffic at this hour."
    The adventurer, still awkwardly perched in the door that's not meant to be a hatch, leans down and offers the guy a hand.

The tiny dragon flies back up to him, job done.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

Wild Mike's

"It seems t' be shipshape an' seaworthy back 'ere, aye? T' me, anyway. Do there be any bunks or such ye think should be here what isn't?" Frigate rotates his head and bends his legs to look the room over, striding about to make sure it's all fine and there's nothing hidden about. He'd check for secret doors and panels, but he doesn't know how.

Late at Night, Residential Street

"That... ugh. I don't know where that is. Year thirteen, what calendar? Sorry, weird questions, I know. I hit my head." It's not a good excuse, and as he reaches up to touch his head, though he can't find where he banged his head. He grabs the adventurer's hand with one hand whilst they unbuckle their seatbelt with the other, though it's a little stuck so eventually he pulls out a knife and cuts the seatbelt to free himself and climb out. "Thanks for the help. I... will probably need to get this baby back on her wheels soon. Ah, no!" Something's occurred to him, and he jumps off the van and rushes to the back, lifting the other door and looking inside.

24. - Top - End - #714

Default [Late at Night, Residential Street]

The dragon blurs and recombines with the adventurer.
    "Nexus calendar." he answers.
    "It was 1179 IA last I remember, but I'm not actually sure when that was...compared to now."
    The adventurer takes a moment to see if he can rock the van back down onto its wheels, before jumping off. If the balance is right...
    "Woah, what's the hurry? You're hurt."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #715

[Wild Mike's]

Tarim can't help but to smile a bit as he turns to leave. They never listened to him, he had learned that much, but he knew people that they would listen to...

[Riverside Streets]

Jaahlyn laughs. "Okay, I can get that. But it's not that cold just makes you uncomfortable. It can kill you. I of all people would know." She gestures to herself and then for reasons she can't even understand herself she shares the rest of that story. "See, I died [curtain] a dude- or was it a gal?" She shakes her head. "Not important. What is was that I was so, ah, occupied and out of control that I died of exposure to the elements. That's how I knew I was out of control and had to restrain myself in the future. Quite a dumb way to go, y'know?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-11-20 at 06:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Orc in the Playground

"There's an incubator in the back, I gotta make sure the eggs are OK! They're... very important for rewilding." The process of reintroducing captive-bred animals into areas from which they had been extirpated. He's going to dive in and start wrestling with a big box thing, with a perspex top and padded with foam. It's wired to a heater, and inside there's six eggs, each resting alone and well-padded. One is visibly leaking yolk, so that one's dead.

27. - Top - End - #717

Wild Mike's

"It seems t' be shipshape an' seaworthy back 'ere, aye? T' me, anyway. Do there be any bunks or such ye think should be here what isn't?" Frigate rotates his head and bends his legs to look the room over, striding about to make sure it's all fine and there's nothing hidden about. He'd check for secret doors and panels, but he doesn't know how.
    [Wild Mike's]

"Our bunks are back on the bus." Malady replies. "We won't be bringing them in. We only arrived today and we'll be leaving later tonight. No point in dragging in a bed."

There won't be anything hiding in here. There's no place for anything to hide. Maybe under the table, but that would be a stretch. Nothing larger than a small dog could hide under there.

[Riverside Streets]

Jaahlyn laughs. "Okay, I can get that. But it's not that cold just makes you uncomfortable. It can kill you. I of all people would know." She gestures to herself and then for reasons she can't even understand herself she shares the rest of that story. "See, I died [curtain] a dude- or was it a gal?" She shakes her head. "Not important. What is was that I was so, ah, occupied and out of control that I died of exposure to the elements. That's how I knew I was out of control and had to restrain myself in the future. Quite a dumb way to go, y'know?"
    [Riverside Streets]

Ecstacy looks at Jaahlyn with a dumbstruck expression. "...Are you sure we're not related?" She asks, before pointing to herself. "Burned to death. Partner and I played around with handcuffs. Someone started a housefire. He got out, I couldn't. He's serving for manslaughter now." She shrugs. "If it helps, I've heard worse... drowning after a dare goes wrong, getting super drunk and falling out of a window on the twenty-second floor of an office building, hit by a bus seconds after a hot make-out session... trust me, you're not alone in getting carried away."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-11-20 at 10:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #718

"There's an incubator in the back, I gotta make sure the eggs are OK! They're... very important for rewilding." The process of reintroducing captive-bred animals into areas from which they had been extirpated. He's going to dive in and start wrestling with a big box thing, with a perspex top and padded with foam. It's wired to a heater, and inside there's six eggs, each resting alone and well-padded. One is visibly leaking yolk, so that one's dead.
    The adventurer puts a hand on one of his guns, just in case."
    "What kind of eggs are they?"
    He circles around to the back of the van, not getting too close.
    "And is that really the priority?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #719

[Riverside Streets]

Jaahlyn stops walking as this conversation was getting into territories she hadn't discussed with anyone for a long time. "I know but- that was both just the tip of the iceberg and the straw that broke the camels back as I've died multiple times for, ah, similar reasons. Really, it wasn't even my own death that made me want to restrain myself it was just... the waste of it all." Technically true.

But this was already getting into territories she didn't feel like discussing so perhaps it was best to change the subject now. "But... you died in fire? I've been there, it's not a good way to go. How old were you?"

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

[Wild Mike's]

The two elves hurry after Tarim with purpose.

"Excuse us."

"It sounded like you were in an argument with one of the musicians. And we're really concerned about them as well."