New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Darkness Rising (PTU)

Moghu looked towards Rella with some element of surprise, looking at the intertwining tattoo patterns with a mix of the Great Mother and Sinen's emotions. It would almost certainly help the three of them in battle, but Moghu was not naive enough to expect that the Paras wouldn't see this as some sort of betrayal. For now, all that matters is keeping Jirachi safe, and, more importantly, keeping Sinen safe, Mohgu finally thinks to himself, reaching out to clap Rella on the shoulder. We can worry about the rest later.

When Sinen mentioned healing the girl, Moghu felt a wave of conflict within himself. It was a risk, and a not insignificant one. If the Mightyena received a clear sign of where they were, they would be doomed. Still, it felt wrong to have the power to help the girl and do nothing. They were on the run because of the Mightyena's plots, and refusing to help another in the same position rubbed Moghu the wrong way. It was his duty to keep the hive safe, but they alone in the world had the power to fix this. If he didn't help this girl, was he any different from the Spore Speakers who kept the Great Mother's greatest gifts for themselves?

I think we should try, Moghu says to Sinen finally. We just need to make sure that the family knows in no uncertain terms that, if they talk, we will die and their daughter will likely be hurt worse than before, Moghu states. We already risked ourselves to help them; we may as well finish the job.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll be sure to remember it. They're large enough and powerful enough that I certainly wouldn't want to cross them. We'll head straight north to get through their hunting grounds as quickly as possible before we reach the Deep Forest and head West.

I hope this all blows over though. If war visits the forest ... well it won't be pretty

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have a concrete 'way' for you to conduct a ritual to cure the girl. I'm very open to options and would love to see you all come up with a cool idea, and we roll with it! I find that a more interesting approach than just rolling occult and have me tell you some pseudo random steps, especially since Velitus already got information from an occult roll earlier.

Jayce

Your guess is as good as mine on how to work magic. I'm a pokemon. We don't do magic. At least I don't think we do. I did hear a story once about an Alakazam who could ... well nevermind. I'm getting off topic. Sheba landed on the bottom of your jerkin, hanging like a waterskin.

What if you have her bite it? I always feel better after I bite things!

Moghu
    You will not die. We will kill those who try. A hive is stronger than a single individual, and your hive is strong indeed. You weren't sure if Sinen were referring to the Paras Clan, you and Rella, or this merry band of travellers. Regardless, she seemed to have an unshakeable certainty that she would allow no harm to come to you.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-06-15 at 08:17 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Velitus was quiet for a few moments, considering. From what Jirachi said, they either can't or won't grant wishes with nothing more than a thought, so...even if we can draw on their power to cure the girl, we'll have to put the work in first.

He turned to Moghu. "Um, if it's not against the Paras customs -" he might not have fully understood how the Paras worked, but he understood enough to hazard a guess that something that weakened the Clan Soul's hold on the body might not be too well-received by them "- do you think you could find some sorellis mushrooms? And I think I have some leaves of repose clover with me already - dried, but they're probably the best we're going to get at this time of year for something that can weaken the World Soul."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Go go random plant name generator!
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

At Sinen's remarks a soft grin crept over Moghu's face, and he reached his his towards his back to scratch Sinen's neck. I will not let anything harm you either, Moghu states simply.

At Velitus' request, Moghu simply nods. It is not against custom to help those in need, Moghu says, before quickly releasing Podax as well, knowing that he would be helpful in digging. I will return shortly. If things change, call Sinen, Moghu adds, before setting off to find some mushrooms near the fjord.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival (because they are MUSHROOMS I get to Skill Stunt): (2d6+7)[13]

Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Well the most prominent magic I know of is not much use here. I was hoping Jirachi could help with the magic part even if we do the work.

That was an idea. One talent Jayce had was listening. He tried to hold his ear up to his fur covered backpack to listen if there was any message he could discern from the legendary.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Moghu quickly found the mushrooms and clover he was looking for. The mushrooms grew alongside the bed of the river, small blue buttons of bitter flavor. Repose Clover took a little longer, but it wasn't long before he returned back with the two ingredients in a loosely tied sack.

Velitus
    Jirachi probably won't grant any more wishes for a long time, Laeo said, landing softly on your hair. But there's still magic in there if you can just pull it out.

Jayce
    Don't know magic? I don't know about that! Sheba thought cryptically at you before she winged off to greet Moghu, fluttering around Sinen excitedly.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427

RedKnightGirl

Jayce was confused by Sheba's words, but pressed on. "Well, I hope we can make something work here. Here, bring it to my pack. Listen to what's inside. Maybe we can borrow a little magic for this purpose." He brings the concealed Jirachi to where the ingredients were gathered, hoping that something would happen. He listened closely for any sign that they were on the right track.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu picks the mushrooms carefully, mentally instructing Sinen on the proper method to keep the plants viable longer, before gathering the clover as well and returning.

Here, Moghu says simply, shoving the bag into Velitus' hands. This should be enough. Do we need to make tea? I can dig a firepit, he states, nodding to Podax who quickly begins the task.

Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

~I think together we can,~ Velitus replied to Laeo, mentally, before returning his attention to Moghu. "Thank you." He paused for a moment, glancing to the Mudbray clan members. "Sorry, but could you give us just a couple of minutes?" he asked politely, beckoning Moghu back towards the others where they could discuss with a little more freedom.

"To be honest, I've never even heard of a ritual that could intensify the Clan Soul by suppressing the Name Soul, never mind one that could reverse it, but...I know at least the theory of the ritual to return lost Souls to their owners. I've never had to use it, thankfully, and in this case I don't think the girl's Name Soul is lost exactly, but...a lot of the same methods should apply."

"So...this is my idea. The sorellis caps, when brewed, will suppress the Clan Soul, and the smoke from the leaves the World Soul. But we don't want her Name Soul to flee as we tamper with it; our guides likely have a stronger resonance with the Name Soul than any talisman I could create, at least on this short notice - I don't think we need such a strong resonance as to require their aid, but I'd rather not take chances. If you could ask Sinen and Eops to help -"
    he nodded to Moghu and Eira in turn "- if they're careful, their claws should serve much the same purpose as the fish-hooks in the traditional ritual of guiding the Soul - or keeping it in place, in this case - and their opposing Essences, along with the girl's Mudbray Clan Soul, should keep her World Soul in balance."

"And Jayce, you have much keener senses than I do, and I'm going to be concentrating on the ritual. So if you could focus on..."
    He trailed off slightly, nodding to the bag in Jayce's arms. "The Name Soul is Jirachi's domain - they'd know far better than us how hard we can push the girl's Name Soul to reassert itself without going too far and hurting her. And I'm sure their guidance is there if we can only hear it."

Show
    Sorry for the big long post of giving people instructions, but it felt like we were kinda stalling a bit.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira has watched this entire exchange in stony silence, unable to stop her fellow travelers from enmeshing themselves in another person's problems but unwilling to take part in it herself. Eops looks back at her when Velitus suggests her part in the ritual, and after a long moment the Weavile Clan girl nods, once. Fine. We're already here, so we might as well get it done with properly.

She has to suppress a glare as Jayce and Velitus together all-but-tell the small family that they have Jirachi in the pack in front of them, unwilling to draw any more attention to the pack by acknowledging it herself. Her demeanor is noticeably... frosty, however, and the thin sheen of frost that occasionally appears on her exposed skin seems slightly thicker than normal.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

The family seemed nervous at the flurry of activity. You all were young, and none bore any sort of official shaman's garb to indicate you were qualified to ... well do whatever on earth this was. Still, they remained quiet and huddled off to the side, keeping their kids occupied with a game involving a rattle made from the tail of some sort of snake Pokemon.

Velitus coordinated the entire operation. He began preparing the ingredients as Jayce and Moghu dug a firepit. You lay the girl next to the fire, as the smoke from the Repose Clover in the fire rose into the sky, swirling in and out of the girls lungs. Jayce thought for a moment that the smoke was making shapes in the air, but none of the others seemed to notice anything out of the ordinary.

Eops and Sinen braced the girl's name soul while Moghu and and Velitus brewed the tea. Eira watched from the sidelines, her attention half on the proceedings and half on the forest around them. Jayce's hands were planted firmly on Jirachi's crystal as the ritual proceeded.

At first, nothing seemed to happen. The girl's appearance didn't change, though she did open her eyes after drinking the tea. Then, Laeo landed lightly on her head, a faint aura pulsing. Eops and Sinen's claws gripped her Name Soul, preventing her identity from fleeing to hide in the Marsh of Wandering Spirits hidden deep in the Purelake. It was Sheba who completed the ritual however, when softly biting her and delivering her blood to Jirachi, spreading some on the crystal.

As soon as the blood touched the crystal, a soft purple light emanated from the stone, the girl, and all of your Guides. The girls face began to melt like hot wax, exactly how Fenris's body shifted unnaturally. The crest became matted locks of hair, and the elongated notes returned to the blockish features of a Mudbray Clan member. Fingers sprouted from the hooves at the end of her arms, and the rough skin became human once more.

The family was in tears, and as soon as your guides stepped away from the ceremony, they rushed to her, bawling. After a long moment, the woman came up to your group, a tightly wrapped canvas package in her arms. I can never thank you for what you've done for us. You have saved our daughter's humanity. This was meant to be payment to the Audino Clan for their rituals, and I think it's only right for you to have it. Its a ritual that will teach impart powers over stone to one of your Pokemon.

Your clans should count themselves lucky to have shamans as skilled as you among their ranks. We will never forget the debt that we owe to the Twin Petals, Paras, Zubat, and Weavile Clans. If you ever need a friend or a place to stay, I hope you will come to the Mudbray and find us

The girl you healed was balancing unsteadily on two feet, gripping her father's arm to steady herself, weeping silently as this nightmare ended. Birds began to chirp once more, and you realized that the entire forest had been holding its breath, waiting for the monstrous wrong to be righted. Jirachi pulsed softly in Jayce's pack, and all the Guides, seemed satisfied with what they accomplished, though Eops retained some anxiety about revealing so much about themselves.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Velitus sighed in relief as the ritual worked and returned the girl to her normal, human state. It took him a moment to focus back on the material world, and the words of the girl's mother, and he hesitated for a moment, stepping aside to let whoever wanted to claim the stone-ritual do so as he pondered what to say for a few moments.

An ideal situation, of course, would be that when the stories of the attack on the Clansmeet caught up to the family, they were already prepared to speak in the defence of Velitus and the others - and less willing to give Fenris and his allies information on Jirachi's whereabouts. But doing so would put them in danger, and no matter how useful it would have been to counter whatever plan Fenris was envisaging to track them down, Velitus wasn't willing to put that kind of burden on them.

"Thank you for your generosity, and for trusting us. However...the magic that was used on your daughter to put her in that state is dangerous, and those that wield it equally so. Be very careful about who you speak to about this."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Despite herself, Eira smiles slightly in relief when the ritual actually takes effect properly. Her suspicious thoughts soon remove that smile from her face, however. We've helped one person, and that's a good thing, but if this action causes Fenris and his people to find us before we can get Jirachi safely away, we will have done much worse than we would have by doing nothing. She shakes her head; what's done is done, and now it's time to mitigate the damage.

"We should be moving now," she says simply, making sure her pack's in order and keeping Eops close to her side. "No sense in wasting the sunlight." Any more than we already have, she adds uncharitably in her head, before forcing herself to focus on the present moment once again.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2021-06-23 at 10:56 AM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu surprises himself as he lets out a sigh of relief as Velitus finishes the ritual. He hadn't realized he'd been holding his breath for the last minute of the ritual, and quickly moves to place Sinen on his back, while directing Rella to put out the flames.

It seems Fenris' magic isn't impenetrable, Moghu thinks to himself, looking at Velitus with a great deal of respect. Perhaps we are not quite as outmatched as I had believed.

As Eira mentions that they should get moving, Moghu nods curtly. He looks to the family, waiting until Velitus finishes speaking. I would speak of this to nobody. We can help others, but only if we can move quietly, Moghu says curtly, with the softest of veiled threats. Thank you for your generosity, and safe travels, he states with a long nod, before shrugging his pack over his shoulder, forcing Sinen to skitter over it to keep her place. Let us move.

Show

15. - Top - End - #435

RedKnightGirl

Jayce is pleasantly surprised that the ritual goes off without a hitch. Perhaps there was something to this magic thing. It wasn't really a wish, but something their continued wills achieved.

He stopped trying to reason it out and agreed with the others. "Yes, we should keep moving. For your safety and ours. I would hate to bring misfortune on you for over staying." He bows slightly. "I will remember your offer in the future, but I hope next time I come this way I will not be in such a hurry."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

The family quickly swore themselves to silence before you took your leave. You left them with tears of joy on their faces, but also with the knowledge that you had worked magic here, magic that none of you fully understood. None of you, not even Velitus, were trained Shamans, but you suspected that what had been wrought that afternoon would have been a mystery to even your tribe's elders.

Your Goldeen rations lasted you for three days, seeing you through the end of the Open Forest. The land by the river was, of course, more densely filled with trees than much of the other land nearby, the greedy trees feasting off the water's bounty. It was filled with thickets and brambles and tart berries that went nicely with the Goldeen.

However, emerging from the river's shadow brought you into the rolling hills common in this part of the open forest. Eira was of particular use here, being sure that you all never crested a hill directly: a sure way to be seen by any pursuers. And you could tell that there were pursuers. While you were a small party, none of you were mounted, and you couldn't take the more direct route of the river.

Moghu, falmiliar with watercraft from his journey to the Clansmeet, was able to identify several boats from various Purelake and Open forest clans sailing up the river. Velitus heard the sure signs of a Mightyena Clan hunting party, their human and animal howls filling the night air. And Jayce dreamed of Fenris and Beshelt, leading a pack of monstrosities through the woods, following some unknown scent.

Your journey took you through the rolling hills, sticking mostly to valleys and other brush areas. You stayed away from game trails, knowing that they would be an easy mark. Soon enough, the familiar sight of the Deep Forest, which all of you could recognize, with thick majestic trees standing guards where the light dared not venture. It met the river, great roots spilling across part of it to snare any unlucky boats who came nearby.

And the scent of water, vast amounts of water was in the air. Though Eira would note that it was not the same scent as that of the sea. The purelake was nearby, and in it held the key to your survival, the temple to Latios and Latias, where you could gain instructions to the World Spirit itself. Of course, you'd need to find the temple first.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437

RedKnightGirl

Over the journey, Jayce tries to keep a steady, swift pace while using the butt of his spear as a walking stick. The weight of Jirachi weighed both literally and figuratively on his shoulders. So too did Ivan, the Psyduck having made a spot for himself on top of the furs that hide the sacred stone. He really was unsuited to such long overland travel, so Jayce didn't mind the extra weight. Dao helped to carry most of the rest of Jayce's belongings, and the Machop was very ready, having practiced his new found rock hurling prowess.

"Well, that was something else back there. I didn't know we had it in us to preform real magic like that." Jayce ponders aloud. "I know we made kind of a snap decision there at the crossing, but we never did talk about how we're going to handle the rest of any encounters in the future. I can feel Beshelt and the others Mightyenas on our trail and I still fear we may bring more harm than good. We have a very precious cargo with us. And yet, without help, I'm not sure we can outpace them forever. We're going to run into this question once again at the Purelake, no doubt. We should try and come up with a plan we can agree on, don't you think?"

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

As the group makes their way through the trails, Moghu is nearly silent. Not out of any sort of angst or deep thinking, but rather because he was still constantly conversing with Sinen, learning as much as he can about the Paras. What she liked to eat, what she remembered of her time before she met Moghu, and anything she knew about Jirachi. With each answer Moghu's sense of worth slowly creeped upward, as he learned things that only the Spore-Speakers could know. He also carefully watched Rella's tattoos, and tried to find as many occasions for the Poliwhirl to make use of her newly-discovered arms as possible.

Moghu nods as Jayce outlined the current conundrum facing them. I agree. At the very least, we need to make sure we make the decision as a group, Moghu says with a pointed glance at Velitus. I am glad that we helped, and it made our journey easier. That does not change the fact that we did not decide as a group. I do not know how your clans made decisions, but the Paras always were directed by the Spore-Speakers. I would prefer not to return to that, Moghu says, placing his hand upon Sinen. Until Jirachi is delivered, we may as well be part of the Soul Clan. We either need to come up with a way to quickly decide things, or pick somebody who can make those decisions for us, Moghu states. Either way, I want to choose when I will defend you all, rather than have it forced upon me.

Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know, and I apologise for dragging you all into it without giving us a chance to make a decision." Velitus looked down at the ground for a few moments. "Perhaps this is a conversation we should have had much sooner. But...the idea of just sitting back and allowing innocent people to be hurt because of our quest...it feels too much like their willingness to endanger people for their own ambitions, like they did at the Clansmeet." He didn't specify who he was talking about, though it was unlikely he needed to. "The world already has too much a mentality of 'us and them.' I don't want us to add to it. Not when my wish was for harmony." He wasn't really intending to say it aloud.

He sighed. "If you all want us to pass by quietly so long as we bear our charge, then I will follow. Provided," he added, "that we all acknowledge that anyone who is hurt by our inaction, as that family would've been...we will be as guilty of harming them as if we had turned our blades and our powers against them directly."

20. - Top - End - #440

RedKnightGirl

"For what it's worth, I agree that we did a good thing." Jayce continues thoughtfully, watching Sheba flitting about playfully. "And we may even get away with it if the Mudbray clan keeps to themselves and stays safe. But maybe not. Maybe they will end up being questioned or worse for hiding their interaction with us, and that would be terrible."

"I don't really have a good answer. I just know, we need to get to the Spine once we know the exact location. With Sheba, navigating the caves and mountains will be much easier. Until then, we may need help, though we should keep our interactions to a minimum."

He sighs. "Then there's a riskier option. Leave a easier to follow trail so that our pursuers don't waste time harassing those we meet and come for us directly. I don't know if they are yet attacking other tribes, but I suppose with Jirachi in play, they will stop at nothing to get this stone."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"All of these were wonderful questions before our pursuers clearly found our trail," Eira answers simply, her voice pitched low so as not to carry. She has to speak louder than she wishes in order to be heard here; the forest eats sound far more effectively than the bare rocks and ice of her homeland, and so a quiet murmur in the Far North is devoured into silence in moments in this southern land of green. "We are in an 'us and them' mentality, as you called it, the moment Fenris and his lackeys decided to attack Jirachi and we chose to defend it."

She shoots Velitus a look. "Had we turned and gone to the Clansmeet bearing Jirachi, we might have been able to save a few more people from the fires before Fenris devoured us. Would you place that blood on our heads? Even more; we could have stayed on the mountain, given Jirachi to Sheketh, and allowed her to take the stone with her Flygon to its destination." Her hands stray towards her pack, where she has kept the Flygon's Apricorn, for just a moment before stilling. "Are we to blame for their deaths as well? If the blood of every life that's been traded for my own is on my hands, then I could fill your Purelake just with the blood of the animals my family killed to eat and to keep warm in the North." She shakes her head. "Keep that blood on your own head, if you want it. I won't blame myself for the malice of others."

Her look to Jayce is, if possible, even more incredulous. "We took down Beshelt easily enough, and some of those Mightyena-men might not be too much for us, but if we face Fenris and his monsters in battle, he will kill us. Making an 'easier trail' for them to follow is suicide at this point."
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Velitus raised an eyebrow. "I was never a hunter, but even I was taught that to not respect your kills, and take responsibility for their deaths, was to disrespect the land itself. And yes, I do believe we should feel some responsibility for the deaths of the people at the Clansmeet. The fact that we were following Sheketh's orders does not change that - but here, now, we cannot hide behind that excuse. Our actions are entirely our own now.

"And we are opposed to Fenris, that's impossible to deny - but we should not be opposed to the other Clans. They aren't our enemies."
    He met Eira's gaze for a couple of moments, as though daring her to disagree. "In any case, we already know that the Soul Eaters can find and strike at us with those...shattered souls, or whatever they were, that attacked our guides when first we met them. Had you said that speed was our concern, I might have agreed, but unless you can tell me with certainty that their hunters cannot track us with that same power, whether or not we leave a physical trail seems somewhat irrelevant."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

As the conversation wound to a close, you all heard a piercing shriek from above you. A Tailow spun in the air above you, cawing. It took a second, for it seemed like ages before you'd seen it last. Then you realized that it was the Tailow of Petra, the Chespin Clan boy who you'd gone through the trials with. It was quickly joined by another bird, which Jayce recognized as Felt's Spearow.

You'd finally been found, though not by the Mightyena Clan or Fenris. Instead it was from your old rivals in the trials. Whether they were friends or foe now, only time would tell.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444

RedKnightGirl

Jayce thought deeply, but had to shrug off the heavy conversation. "It's a good point, we shouldn't feel directly responsible for the actions of these betrayers. You're right I think. The only thing that matters is delivering Jirachi safely, or who knows what fate awaits us and the world. I think that should be our one focus. The sooner we finish this task, the sooner we can put an end to whatever they have planned. That's worth most any cost."

He looks up at the flying pokemon above them. "And if they found us so easily, what hope is there for us now? I think our former competitors want to talk, or else they'd not have given away their position."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu silently nods as his companions talk about the best course of action. Before he could chime in with his next thought, the two familiar birds flew overhead. While it wasn't impossible, it seemed unlikely that, after avoiding the Soul Clan for so long, that a few others who had tried to pass the trials. Moghu's thoughts instantly went to the shattered souls they had battled. Rella, are they Fenris'? Or real? Moghu asks, tracking the two birds with his shield. While they likely weren't a threat, birds were always a hazard when a Paras was involved.

We should move, Moghu says, eying the birds with suspicion. The others have certainly heard Fenris' side of the story and, if we are to meet them, I would like it to be more defensible.

Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

"So because we should not feel responsible for Fenris's actions, we do not need to feel any responsibility for abandoning innocent people to be hurt?" Velitus paused to look up at the circling Flying-types for a few moments before returning his gaze to the others. "It's not much of an argument, but if you're all agreed on it...fine." He did glance sideways to Moghu briefly, since the Paras tribesman hadn't actually put forth his opinion, but even if he was on Velitus's side, all that would mean was that they would be at an impasse.

"If nothing else, we need to find out exactly what everyone at the Clansmeet believes to have happened. If we can convince them of the truth - which, if Yueh is with them, might be easier than it would most - then perhaps that bodes well for our chances of convincing others."

And at least they aren't demanding we kill the birds. Perhaps meeting the others will remind them that we passed Jirachi's trials by helping people.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"Fenris and his people would hurt innocent people no matter what we do. If stopping to help 'innocents' would get us caught by him, then we're responsible for whatever he does after he gets Jirachi. Before that, it's on his head." Eira looks up at the birds in annoyance. Flying types don't last long in the winter aside from a few special cases, so avoiding trackers from the sky has never been a major priority.

"Right," she nods to Moghu, icicle claws forming on her fingers. She keeps one eye on the birds, waiting for one of them to swoop low enough for a shot. "They're close enough to see and hear the birds, so Felt's probably lining up a shot right now. It looks like we'll get that fight you all wanted after all. I'll be around." Eops, disappear to the left, but keep pace with the group. I'll go right." Without another word, Eira ducks to one side, using the tree canopies to break the birds' line of sight and get into hiding herself.

Show
    Eira Stealth: (4d6+4)[10]

Eira Perception: (2d6)[7]

Eops Stealth: (5d6+1)[25]

Eops Perception: (2d6)[10]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Moghu led the group through the forest, eschewing stealth in favor of trying to quickly locate a defensible position. Quickly enough though, you found where an ancient river had cut away a bluff in the landscape. A Gogoat trail led up the side of the bluff, switching back and forth to the top. And in the middle of that trail was a cave that looked big enough to hold you all. It was as defensible a position as you could hope for.

Your pursuers arrived right as you were reaching the cave mouth. Felt, Malta, and Uldeen burst out of the underbrush below, their clothes dirty from life on the road. Eira spotted Yueh, the bells on her clothes dampened for the chase by cloth, leading Petra on the top of the bluff, heading to cut off an escape route. Kurtakh was nowhere to be seen.

Enough running! Felt shouted. It is time for you to hand Jirachi over, and to explain why you would ally with Soul Eaters.

Explanations aren't enough Felt, Malta spat. After they allied with the creature that turned my sister into a monstrosity in the night, they deserve nothing but fire. Eira remembered a conversation she'd overheard while spying during the first trial, while hunting down the Nidoking. With what you'd seen of the Mudbray child, it seemed like Fenris had been busy in the open forest long before the clansmeet started.

Spoiler
    Show

Eira, I'll leave it up to you whether or not you and/or Eops want to head with the group to the cave or stick outside.

For this interested this is the conversation I referenced in the post that Eira overheard

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

"So Fenris did claim we were Soul Eaters." Velitus wasn't too surprised. And of course as 'Ithgar' the Soul Clan member, he is perfectly placed to conveniently not tell anyone to be on the lookout for the Soul Eaters' mark.

"The simple answer is - we haven't. I'm sure you don't believe us right now, but it's the truth."
    He paused for a moment. "Is Yueh with you?"

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

When Malta mentions fire, Moghu immediately shifts his body to place himself between Sinen and the flame mage.

I suggest you stop talking about fire, Moghu snarls, keeping his shield up. We fought the Soul Eaters and lived to tell the tale, and everyone here has already bested you in battle. Do you really want to fight us? Moghu states, creeping one hand towards his belt to release Podax if needed.

The Soul Eaters attacked with an Emboar. That alone should prove our innocence, he adds, hoping that the Paras' fanaticism about fire had spread among the clans. Put your weapons down. We would rather not waste our time fighting you, but we will not risk our mission, Moghu states, feeling a sense of relief that Kurtakh wasn't present. Had he not joined in the hunt because he believed they were innocent? Or was he hiding somewhere nearby?

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate to make them stand down: (3d6+1)[11]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2021-07-08 at 11:16 AM.

Show