New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 5: Simply for the birds

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

...Could it really be that simple? Just a little more energy and all of Eun's problems are solved? Now that she said it out loud, it really did seem like so much of her problem was just not being able to put in the required effort. An energy boost certainly couldn't hurt...

"...Um... I guess we can try that." She says finally.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry nods and gently touches a finger to Eun's forehead. Eun may find herself blessed with fortitude and endurance, her exhaustion losing its bite.
    "There! Going outside and talking to someone doesn't seem so tiring now, does it?"
    There you go, W. You granted someone's wish and you didn't have to do anything really weird to them. You're improving!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

Huh. It really doesn't. Going out now doesn't seem like an impossibly exhausting task. She can do this.

...Then again, she's also got a lot to catch up on. Her boss had insisted she take a rest until she "felt better", which she does. She can finish out her work, then go and find herself a date.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Which is why she immediately goes back to running simulations on that coolant she's making for Felicity. She pretty quickly forgets that Winry is even in the room with her.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry is...very confused.
    "Um. Dear? This sure doesn't look like socializing." she says gently, tapping Eun on the shoulder.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation

"Maybe you should invite some people to your court who can be your friends. From GLoG or Inside. Pontius won't build a sapient golem, though. It might last long enough, but he thinks that's too close to slavery and he thinks they might not be trustworthy. He could force one to obedience, he's mentioned, but that ties back into the slavery thing." Pontius would actually be capable of creating a sapient golem or warforged, if it weren't for that piece of ethics getting in the way. Although finding an immortal who'd be willing to come and take a position and be entirely trustworthy might prove tricky.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation
    "But I don't want to bring people here, uh, not if I can help it! Just, uh, because we're at a fancy party, doesn't mean this place isn't still Hell, Prumathe. The whole palace is a gilded cage. And a golem, uh, how would I even know if the friendship is real?" Sekhmet may be a demon queen, but she's a conscientious one.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

"Sounds ter me like yer can both commiserate on the wanton flows of uncontrolled magic that comes with learning how the stuff works. Leastways considering yer having enough trouble with at least one of yer forms." Grimmjaw brushes a few spots of powder off the counter, then finishes organizing the different shelves, sort of in an absentminded kind of way that a drugstore clerk might mess with pill bottles to make sure all the labels face the front and all the rows are straight. "Ain't not too good to lose family over differences, because those differences are often what make the family strong. It's what surprises me so much about all of these social groups that hold up their monogamies between two similar folks as good. The ulfen take pride in large families, with strong differences in skills and bodies; it gives us the best chance to overcome each challenge that awaits. And the most chance ter find yer imprint, iffin' that be in the stars." There is an equal parts pride and also rigorous critic of his people in the statement, as if Grimmjaw wasn't happy that perhaps more Ulfen might be having less communal family groups in recent times, but that he appreciates the bonds and skill sharing that occurs in those communities. The mention of imprint is bittersweet, and there is a definite hint that the older warrior doesn't want to get into that.

"So then, what are yer plans to progress them dreams today? Seems like the shops gonna be deader then a doornail, probably means the witch didn't put up runescript advertisements telling the location today, so it's none too much trouble fer me to go walk with yer and figure sommat out too do. That is, if yer don't have any other plans for the day. Might as well work on yer future,do something other than stand in a dusty old shop, right boy?" There is a hint of a half fatherly tone here, though the wolf's face remains fairly stoic.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry is...very confused.
    "Um. Dear? This sure doesn't look like socializing." she says gently, tapping Eun on the shoulder.
    [Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

Eun looks up at the cow-lady and has another episode of nearly jumping out of her skin. "Oh, god, I did it again, didn't I?" She asks nobody in particular. She does that sometimes, gets so involved in her work that she forgets about her surroundings.

"Sorry. I've, um, still got a lot to get done before I can actually head out." Eun points out. "I mean, I'm going to go out, I just... I still need to be responsible about it, right? My boss would probably have my head if I neglected work to go party or something..."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry seems unconvinced. "It's okay, dear. But really you should-" She stops as she reaches over to gently put a hand on Eun only to realize how little human is under those clothes.
    "Sheesh, do you eat anything? I thought I noticed your sunken cheeks but I thought that was just the Mother aspect going to my head.
    That's what's really going on. You don't take care of yourself! I bet your boss didn't even say a word about this work needing to be done today. You just don't know how to process things that aren't work."
    Eun seems to have managed to horrify the goddess. Thoughts are already racing. Winry has to find a way to remove her social inhibitions AND make work seem less important AND put some weight on her. She's never had to make someone MORE lazy before.

Ukry's Grove

Aran hops down to the floor, only to realize the extreme difference in size as he looks up at Grimmjaw. He swaps back to gnoll shape so he doesn't have to shout up at the older fellow. He shakes his head as a brief bout of nausea hits him. He might be shifting too often for his brain to keep up with.
    "Well, I didn't make plans for the day, really. Was going to visit Ukry to get things settled, and that was mostly it. So...no, it's no trouble if you want to go with me and do something. But I guess you're right; we'll have to figure something out." He doesn't really have any plans for what he could do with someone like Grimmjaw he met twenty minutes ago.

10. - Top - End - #220

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

...Well.

Winry just saw right through that, didn't she?

Ugh. Eun's mother would probably say pretty much the same thing. "Stop working so hard", "you're neglecting your health", "if you carry on like this you're going to get hurt", that kind of thing. Why did moms have to be so good at picking up that sort of thing?

"I mean... I'm doing okay..." Eun manages a weak defense as her cats congregate over her again. "And, um... okay, my boss might not have said this stuff needs doing now, but the sooner it's done, the better, right?"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-02-04 at 07:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "You're hopeless. No wonder the universe called me in here. Here. A little slap on the backside to get your motivation. If you take care of yourself you'll never notice the difference."
    Eun might suddenly feel as if she's about to burst from the seams- but only for a split second. Then everything goes back to normal.
    Well, except that she's a little bit bigger. Winry thought keeping her from having all her bones showing might help her first impressions meeting people.
    "Now. please go out to a restaurant and eat something. Talk to your waiter or something." she pleads.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation

"You're trying to make it nicer, aren't you? Less, uh, Hell-ish? Friends you can trust could help with that." And then the question on intelligent golems. "I... don't know. It's not something Pontius feels comfortable teaching, so I don't know. I guess if there's no behavioural controls, it could be your friend by its own choice, but that could also be dangerous." Since if it has that level of free will then Sekhmet literally can't control it, and if it decides to betray her then there's nothing she could do about it.

13. - Top - End - #223

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "You're hopeless. No wonder the universe called me in here. Here. A little slap on the backside to get your motivation. If you take care of yourself you'll never notice the difference."
    Eun might suddenly feel as if she's about to burst from the seams- but only for a split second. Then everything goes back to normal.
    Well, except that she's a little bit bigger. Winry thought keeping her from having all her bones showing might help her first impressions meeting people.
    "Now. please go out to a restaurant and eat something. Talk to your waiter or something." she pleads.
    [Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

Eun fights back the urge to scream as Winry reshapes her body. It might only take a moment, but the sensation is acutely unpleasant and doesn't fade away entirely when she's done... kind of like how her cheek would feel a minute after being slapped. That might have something to do with the extra fifteen pounds Winry put on Eun... most of it concentrated around her ribs, hips, stomach, and chest. Which just feels weird.

"Um..." Eun begins, loosening her labcoat so she can breathe. "Okay, I... um... don't think I've ever actually been to a restaurant before..." And why would she? Restaurants mean people. People mean socialization. Socialization means making an idiot of herself. Why would she risk that for some steak and broccoli when she can get that at home from her Hotbox?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

To be fair, 15 pounds on Eun mostly just makes her look healthy instead of starved. If Winry knew she had access to unlimited food and looked like that the goddess would have done something even more drastic. Eun will probably realize in a few days that she feels better from the goddess tinkering with her health.
    "Well, you're just going to have to figure out how. You're the one so lonely it summoned a goddess. If you don't socialize you're never going to get better, just like if you don't eat better your health is going to go back to how it was ten minutes ago. I've given you a little something to show you the way. If you get everything sorted out you won't even notice it. And if you don't, well, I believe you'll get it eventually. If things go very wrong just pray for me, dear. I don't have very busy lines so I'll get the call."
    And then Winry's gone in a rush of chill winter air, leaving Eun alone with her thoughts. And the distinct feeling that she really should go out.
    But will she? Will Eun twice ignore the goddess' advice by not only not going to socialize but to continue working on top of it?

Southern Sea

Oh hey. That is in fact a castle.
    "Huh. Should we pay them a visit? It might be proper." Everyone knows about local sea dragons and their love for royal palaces. And properly with Keiko and Caroline as divine messenger and high priestess they are certainly qualified to pay a visit to local royalty.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2022-02-05 at 03:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

Eun lets out a little sigh as Winry leaves, running her hand through her hair. Yeah, okay. She'll go out to a restaurant just this once and get something to eat. It's about the right time anyway, right?

Right.

Okay, so she heads for the door and-

Wait a second. She's not going up there dressed like this, is she? A labcoat and hospital scrubs are hardly appropriate attire for dinner. She should get changed into something a little more presentable.

Eun steps back inside and pulls up her Hotbox, scrolling through the file list for something better for going out in public. Dress? Suit? Maybe a skirt-and-blouse combination? Ooh, wait, she's got something here on loan from Rose, maybe she could wear th- oh my no, absolutely not. That didn't look like it was meant for public display at all.

As she scrolls through the files, Eun gets a glimpse of her face reflected in the screen and realizes she could probably stand to do something with her hair, too. Maybe a bun or a ponytail? No, too simple, and it'd make her forehead look too big anyway. She needs something with more emphasis on her bangs, and-

Oh, crap, makeup.

She's never worn makeup! It can't be pleasant, having all those powders and glosses on her skin...

And jewelry! Should she wear any jewelry? Would that come off as tacky? She'd hate to walk into a room and let everyone know she doesn't have any taste. What would she say if someone mentioned it? What would she do? What if the waiter is the one who notices she's not dressed right, then what? Can she deal with a rude waiter? Is that even possible?

Screw it. She's eating in tonight.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbid Bobbidi Bu

Eun will feel increasing disapproval as she continues to avoid her own desires.
    Oh dear. It seems she really is hopeless. Well, luckily she has help now. A mentor, a guide, an a little bit of an autopilot. Someone who can show Eun the joy of taking a load off, talking to people, maybe even a spa day or all the other vacations Eun has thought about for a moment but then dismissed because of work.
    Eun might feel as if her consciousness is fading, even as that feeling of her skin being too small returns. It seems she has yet to observe what it was Winry gave her. Now she can. It almost sounds like she can hear a voice...Is that the sound of seams popping?

17. - Top - End - #227

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

shrrrrrrrrip!

Well, yes and no.

As waves of... she wants to say "drowsiness", but that doesn't seem quite right... as her consciousness slowly fades, Eun comes to the conclusion that she's suffering another caffeine crash and should probably head for her pod for the night. She's only vaguely aware of her body shifting, not seeming to notice when her lab coat comes off more easily due to no longer having a proper shoulderline, or that her glasses drop off of her face without her even trying. She's dressed entirely for bed before she passes out completely, leaving her new guide standing in front of her empty glass pod, getting a full view of her reflection in the surface.

Hm.

She does wear the extra weight well, doesn't she?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

She does, doesn't she? It's a shame, though. She still looks a bit bony. Winry was right; it's the cheeks. If only- ah, there it is. Eun's lovely guide finds their body continuing to become more to her liking. Their face fills out with a lovely snout and tiny tusks grow in. Her weight was acceptable but she quickly becomes wonderfully round. Who could say no to those long ears and tail? Their lovely blue and tan hide? She'll never fit into Eun's clothes but she wouldn't want to: they're tacky and itchy. She can probably make something more fun with the hotbox. She doesn't even have to worry about making shoes with her tough feet.

Winry bestowed upon Eun a Seeq copilot. While she's never entirely understood their love of being large she can think of no people better suited to showing Eun what she's missing. Her companion might be a little vain, moderately lazy, and severely gluttonous, but she loves herself. If she had her own body she'd have her life sorted out. She can do the things that Eun won't, and Eun will reap the benefiits. She'll awaken to find herself having had a wonderful night with proper meals. Maybe even her counterpart will have passed her number to all the friends she made for her. And Eun can realize that no one will instantly hate her for one wrong move if she observes that a huge porcine oaf who says lots of improper things can still have friends.
    ...assuming she can do that. This is the first time Winry's done something like this. But she's the Mother aspect making a new being's what she's good at. And look how happy she is! There's no flaws in this plan!
    Unless Eun were to be so hopeless her counterpart was called over and over and started causing side effects to bleed into Eun normally. Or if she, I don't know, had access to a device that can function as an unlimited supply of food and Winry just gave a pig-person access to her body. But that would be silly; how could Eun be so skinny if she had that?
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2022-02-06 at 12:15 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation
    "But, uh, until things are cleaned up around here, this place is going to be dangerous for, uh, unprotected mortals. And, uh, I can't clean it completely up. This is still Hell. People shouldn't want to be here. It would mess up the, uh, judgement of the dead if they did. I don't want to encourage people to do evil things to get into my kingdom." Sekhmet has a weird perspective, probably understandably so. Whether or not she's right, who can say?

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #230

Double Date

Jim nods to Batu and Div.
    "I've been under the influence of Jaahlyn's powers before. I promise you that they're safe." he assures them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Double Date]

Batu doesn't look any less flustered than before, but now he's also uncertain. Still...

"If you say so, then I trust you," he tells Jim, looking to Div to see if he agrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Double Date]

"Well... okay!" Div manages. This didn't sound so bad. He wished singing was so easy normally! Safety wasn't really a concern to begin with. Jaahlyn seemed perfectly harmless, and he trusts both Jim and Batu. "Let's do it!"
    Double Date

Jaahlyn smiles widely as she raises her hand to her chest. "Thanks for trusting me guys, it means a lot. Really." Most people just looked at her eyes and assumed they couldn't trust her.

The nexus had been quite different in that regard.

"But come on then, let's go and meet Radigal." She gestures for them to come along and skips further along the road which seems to curve up the hill like a snake considering how many turns they have to take.

Eventually, after about ten more minutes of walking, they round another curve in the road and there it is. The ruins of what once seems to have been a grand building. Iconic columns raise into the sky but has either no roof to hold or have partly been broken themselves.

Nonetheless they still manage to form the rectangular shape of what might once have been a temple judging by the statues of either nude or near nude humans which decorate its interior. They are like the
    columns in a state of disrepair. Some simply a pair of legs while others just have a few scratches on them.

"Fantastic, isn't it? Reminds me so much of home." Jaahlyn comments before making her way past the columns that seem to mark what probably was the entrance.

In the middle of the ruined structure they can now see a huge lion resting upon a big stone slab. There's a larger statue behind the slab depicting a human woman holding a brazier and a stone shovel in her hands which are outstretched to her sides. As its approaching noon neither the statue nor the columns cast much of a shadow allowing the lion to bath in the light of the midday sun, seemingly enjoying itself quite a bit as its lazily laying on its back.

From this perspective they get quite a good look at it and might notice some unusual traits, even if the group have ever seen one before. It's mane a brownish shade of red while the rest of its fur almost seem to glimmer in the sunlight like it had been made of gold. It also seem unusually large even for a male lion but not drastically so. It probably simply seems like the largest lion the group has ever seen.

Jaahlyn pauses for a moment as if considering her options before she slowly approaches the lion on the slab. "Radigal?" The satyr coos softly.

Without opening his eyes or indeed move anything but his mouth the lion replies in a deep bombastic tone that's in sharp contrast to Jaahlyn's attempt at softness. "Yeeess?"

The satyr seem somewhat relieved at the response and continues. "It is I, Jaahlyn." She courtesies before the lion which lazily starts to open one of its eyes.

"So it is." The lion confirms as he closes his eye again, seemingly already satisfied with what he's seen. "But you have crafters with you rather than snakes or rats." It sounds more like a statement than a question but Jaahlyn seems inclined to answer it anyway.

"I left the rats at home and the snakes are no more. I'm free. The latter a cause of celebration don't you think?"

This probably seems like pure nonsense to Div and Batu but Jim might suspect what this is about.

The lion turns to his side, turning his back to them. "I suppose, yes. Much earlier than I would have expected." He sounds like he's mulling something over in his head. "But who are these crafters within my presence? Let me hear their voices and desires loud and clear."

Jaahlyn turns her head and looks expectingly at the others before looking back at the lion as if afraid to really turn her back to him despite his relaxed state.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-02-06 at 06:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation

"Which is one reason I suggested immortals. Like, uh... Vampires or angels or modrons. They can take care of themselves here, and maybe help you too. Well, maybe not the vampires. And the angels would probably depend." Although Prumathe doesn't know any immortals, or at least he doesn't know he knows any. And the only one- besides Sekhmet and Sapphira- that he's knowingly met is the raksha that offered to help them have children, although Prumathe didn't know Mama Gho was a raksha.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Fiendish Visitation
    "I don't have immortal friends. I, uh, don't know, uh, whether I want them. Mortals are beautiful and precious and unique... And, uh, fragile. Sekhmet stops. "I'm already talking like I'm separate. I, uh, don't want to be. I, uh, don't know what it will be like to live forever, but if I lose my connection to those who, uh, don't, what would stop me from becoming a monster who can't see value in their lives? Prumathe, I..." Sekhmet is overcome by the need for a hug. "I'm afraid of what I might become."

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Double Date

Jim steps forward and gives a somewhat theatrical bow.
    "James Puck. Musician, toymaker, and apprentice mage. I admit I haven't decided on what I desire that would be worthy of your prodigious talents." He's being a little dramatic but he is being truthful in terms of he isn't sure what to do with such a blank check.

24. - Top - End - #234

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

She does, doesn't she? It's a shame, though. She still looks a bit bony. Winry was right; it's the cheeks. If only- ah, there it is. Eun's lovely guide finds their body continuing to become more to her liking. Their face fills out with a lovely snout and tiny tusks grow in. Her weight was acceptable but she quickly becomes wonderfully round. Who could say no to those long ears and tail? Their lovely blue and tan hide? She'll never fit into Eun's clothes but she wouldn't want to: they're tacky and itchy. She can probably make something more fun with the hotbox. She doesn't even have to worry about making shoes with her tough feet.

Winry bestowed upon Eun a Seeq copilot. While she's never entirely understood their love of being large she can think of no people better suited to showing Eun what she's missing. Her companion might be a little vain, moderately lazy, and severely gluttonous, but she loves herself. If she had her own body she'd have her life sorted out. She can do the things that Eun won't, and Eun will reap the benefiits. She'll awaken to find herself having had a wonderful night with proper meals. Maybe even her counterpart will have passed her number to all the friends she made for her. And Eun can realize that no one will instantly hate her for one wrong move if she observes that a huge porcine oaf who says lots of improper things can still have friends.
    ...assuming she can do that. This is the first time Winry's done something like this. But she's the Mother aspect making a new being's what she's good at. And look how happy she is! There's no flaws in this plan!
    Unless Eun were to be so hopeless her counterpart was called over and over and started causing side effects to bleed into Eun normally. Or if she, I don't know, had access to a device that can function as an unlimited supply of food and Winry just gave a pig-person access to her body. But that would be silly; how could Eun be so skinny if she had that?
    [Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu => Well Past Midnight]

A few hours later, Eun awakens with an empty rum bottle in one hand and her phone in the other, plus a world-class headache. She's laying upside-down in an easy chair that was definitely in her room all along, her feet on the headrest and her head propped up by the extended footrest. Her clothes are all over the floor; not just what she wore immediately before going to bed, but it looks like she's strung out half her Hotbox's wardrobe capabilities.

Speaking of clothes, what is that she's wearing? She'd never be caught dead in something that bared her thighs and midriff like this, never mind a waistline that slack! And her top... was it supposed to open like that? When did she get that?! Good god, she's lucky her clothes didn't fall off entirely!

...Uh-oh. Maybe they did. Eun can't remember much of anything that happened the night before. The rum bottle might explain it away partially... but she can't remember the last time she was straight-up blackout drunk. And if she was, who knows what she could have done that she didn't remember?

Well, maybe she documented it. That'd be helpful.

Eun drops the bottle and opens her phone's messaging app, surprised to find a number of new names in there. Still bleary-eyed from her apparent bender, she picks out one and tries to read what it says...

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Past Midnight

Of course her top is supposed to open like that. If it couldn't then she couldn't show off the glittery little thing she has to keep the ensemble some semblance of modest. Of course, that's also hanging off of her at the moment.
    Meanwhile on her phone:
    Quote Originally Posted by NSSN
    Hello! Thank you for registering for Nexus Singles Social Network, where you can meet other single people of the Nexus with NO pressure for dating or relationships. To view social events happening in your area, please follow this link and log into your account User: Bu&Bu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    Hey Eun. Your friend gave me your number and said you might be interested in joining the Vigil chess & game club. We meet on Wednesdays and please know that you're welcome any time. She also said you're not into the bar scene but we also meet in the Battered Shield sometimes to use one of the private rooms for card games and Ogres & Oubliettes on Fridays. You're welcome to come by any time to those too. Bring your friend; she was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    [ERROR. 56 Spelling errors found. Opening message using InstantCorrect.]
    Hi Eun!
    Had a great time last night, please answer Sarah's text. The girls are dying to meet you and I sold them on how good you'd be playing an Alchemist. I'm sorry about the mess I made. I cleaned up your kitchen but I'm fading fast and I'm not going to be able to pick up all these clothes I tried on. I had to guess my sizes. In other news, this is what waking up after having more than MealQuik-pattern nutripaste for dinner feels like. You'll notice it feels great. Please remember this in the future.
    I've attached an itinerary for you. Follow it and you should be able to get that project of yours done within the week and still have some club time.
    With any luck you won't be needing my help again. But in case you do I'll keep looking for folks to introduce you to. Maybe I'll even find a boy! If you think you'll need me at least tweak the phone pattern in the hotbox with a screen big enough for my fingers.

Your lovable and beautiful copilot,
    Buhan <3

26. - Top - End - #236

[Well Past Midnight]

Well. That's an alarming chain of events.

Eun holds her hand her head and tries to piece together what happened. Obviously, she went out. Probably to clear her head after having that weird dream with the cow-lady telling her she should. While she was out, she must have met someone, this... Buhan. She referred to herself as Eun's co-pilot, which she thinks is a dating term? It's got to be in the same vein as "wingman", right? And this "copilot" apparently got her set up with a singles service and a club, both without her actually present (since this Sarah lady didn't actually know who Eun herself was).

Well, wasn't that presumptuous of her!

Eun silently fumes as she starts picking up her clothes, stuffing them into her Hotbox and flushing them away. She's still trying to piece together the rest of the night. This Buhan lady must've gotten into her room at some point; that's why there's clothes everywhere.

Wait a minute.

Waaaaait a minute.

Oh, nononono.

Eun cringes as it occurs to her that she very clearly changed clothes in that time, too. The most optimistic conclusion she can draw from that is that she and Buhan decided to play dressup at some point. In a completely non-euphemistic sense.

Again, best case scenario.

Oh, yeah. And Buhan knows where she lives.

That's not a nightmare scenario at all.

Eun rubs some gel through her hair and sighs. She's not going to have time to get proper sleep tonight. She'll have to settle for some basic upkeep before going into the lab today.

Where she's going to wait this out. She doesn't want to risk running into Buhan again. That'll be awkward at best and terrifying at worst.

Of course, in twelve hours, she might not have much of a choice...

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Past Midnight

In the morning if Eun checks her itinerary she'll find it impressively meticulous. Detailing exactly how long to spend on each task to get her work done in a reasonable time and be done by five-thirty. Six-thirty if it's important or there's complications. Followed by a list of fan night-time activities that Eun will doubtless want to do regardless of whether or not she will admit it. After all, no matter what she told Winry (and herself) she certainly had enough desires to summon the goddess in the first place.
    Of course it's more than likely that Eun will either not check it or throw it out completely. By which point when seven rolls around and she's still needlessly working instead of seeing to her own needs she'll start to feel that fuzzy-headed, bloated feeling again.
    This process might be set to repeat for a while.

28. - Top - End - #238

[Well Past Midnight]

Of course, what Eun sees when she gets this itinerary is that her new "companion" has accounted for every minute of her day, and therefore knows exactly where to find Eun under any and all circumstances.

Which is just... peachy.

She still doesn't have any idea who this "copilot" is. Nor does she especially want to know. She gets the distinct impression she's essentially picked up a stalker. On the way to the lab, she's going to keep looking over her shoulder for any sign of this "Buhan", before quickly realizing such is futile since she doesn't really know what the woman looks like.

Well, whatever she looks like, there's no way she's getting into the lab once Eun's triple-locked it from the inside. She'll just spend the night here. Where it's safe.

And if she can get a little work done in the process... so much the better... zzzzzzzz...

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation

"I know, but... We'll also die. I don't want you to be lonely, Sekhmet. Ever." And he can't currently guarantee that by staying at her side, like he wants, because he doesn't have forever to stay with her. He'll lean over and give Sekhmet a hug, though.

He can't even rely on Earl-cosmology helping, as recycled souls become angels and lose most memories of their prior lives.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

[Double Date]

"Uh. Batu. Student of sorcery and occasional were-crocodile," the hobgoblin says, honestly enough. "I didn't really come here with any desires beyond having a good time with my friends and my boyfriend."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.