New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

Spoiler: WARNING: CONTENT MAY OFFEND
    Show

The opinions of Ysabel von Xanslar regarding liking Divinyls songs, being gay, and any interrelationship between them are the opinions of Ysabel von Xanslar and not of anyone else. She's a Necromancer. She doesn't have to be sensitive.

2. - Top - End - #332

Quote Originally Posted by Elxir_Breauer View Post
    Now that I can think a bit more clearly, here's a shot in the dark:

Shield of Loyalty [Reserve] (LoyalPaladin)
    This is cool! Thanks! Now I should go update my signature...
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler: WARNING: CONTENT MAY OFFEND
    Show

The opinions of Ysabel von Xanslar regarding liking Divinyls songs, being gay, and any interrelationship between them are the opinions of Ysabel von Xanslar and not of anyone else. She's a Necromancer. She doesn't have to be sensitive.
    another fine piece from marlowe sama. you really make stories like well aged wine marlowe by the way your art is improving on this post you cut k girls background and its da*m hard process to remove background from a picture

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchemist's Touch [Reserve] (Elxir_Breauer)

The secrets of magic and alchemy are available to you at any moment, no matter the situation.

Prerequisites: Craft (Alchemy) 4 ranks, ability to cast Conjuration spells of 2nd-level or higher

Effect: As long as you have a Conjuration spell of 2nd-level or higher available to cast, you can call upon the secrets of alchemy to aid you in battle, manifesting as a corrosive ball of liquid. You may have a standard action to make a ranged touch attack against an enemy. Should you succeed, they take 1d6 points of acid damage per level of Conjuration spell available to cast, and they must make a Fortitude save or take another 1d4 points of acid damage per two levels of spell available to cast the next round as well, as the corrosive liquid eats away at them.

As a secondary effect, you gain a +1 circumstance bonus on your caster level for Conjuration spells.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-02-18 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Fixing auto-correct
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice Draconium! Looks pretty good from here. Agreed on the power level of Nega-touch, guess I was basing it more on Force Dart for some reason. so here goes the revised version.

Nega-touch [Reserve] (Segev/Extra_Anchovies)

Prerequisites: Able to cast a Necromancy spell of at least 3rd level.

Benefit: As long as you have a Necromancy spell of at least 3rd level available to cast, you may activate this feat as a melee touch attack for one of two different effects: If your target is Living (has a Constitution score or is a Plant that is not also Undead) you deal 1d8/level of the highest level Necromancy spell you have available to cast as Negative Energy Damage; If your target is Undead you instead cause it to flee as if panicked (Will save DC 10+Highest level Necromancy spell you have available to cast+your Casting Stat mod for that spell) for 1 round per level of the highest level Necromancy spell you have available to cast, or until you make an attack against the target. This is not a Fear or Mind-affecting effect, and only works on creatures of the Undead Type. This feat has no effect on creatures or objects that are neither Living nor Undead.

In addition, you cast Necromancy spells at +1 Caster Level.

That look a little better?
    Elxir Breauer, at your service...

6. - Top - End - #336

Spoiler: With apologies to the Flavians, the Borgias, the Lannisters and the Zabis.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Reserve Feat [Reserve] (Jormengand)
    You're able to reserve a feat, which means it's kept back for future use - so you can get a different one for present use.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast at least one 5th level Transmutation spell.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 5nd level or higher Transmutation spell available to cast, you may choose one feat you possess other than Reserve Feat to be your reserved feat. You may only choose one feat to be reserved at a time - you may not choose another while one is reserved. While a feat is reserved, you do not gain any benefits it provides, but you still possess it. You can return to the reserved feat as a free action - it ceases being reserved, you resume gaining its benefits, and you may choose a feat to be reserved again, which may be a different feat than one chosen previously. You also automatically return to the reserved feat as soon as you no longer have a 5nd level or higher Transmutation spell available to cast.
    As long as a feat is reserved, you may undergo a process which requires you to meditate uninterrupted for ten minutes. At the process's completion, you gain a bonus feat. You must meet the prerequisites for this feat. You lose this feat as soon as you stop having a reserved feat for any reason, be it returning to the reserved feat or losing the reserved feat itself.

As a secondary benefit, your caster level counts as 1 higher for the purpose of determining durations of Transmutation spells you cast.

---

Aw, I don't know if I'm doing it right, which is bad because for the joke to work properly it needs to be done right.

Also, I'd like to give permission. Is saying so enough or do I need to do something more?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Banned

So DCS: the feat? I like it.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    So DCS: the feat? I like it.
    Better than DCS: you still count as having the reserved feat.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bolt Breath [Reserve] (Draconium)

Prerequisites: Ability to cast 2nd level or higher Evocation spells.

Benefits: As long as you have a 2nd level or higher Evocation spell that deals damage of an elemental type (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire or Sonic), you may spit forth a bolt of energy of the type applicable to the highest level damaging Evocation spell you have available to cast dealing 1d6 per level of the spell used to power this feat. Using this feat is a Standard Action and requires a Ranged Touch attack, with a range of 5'+5'/level of the spell powering this feat. If you make the choice of damage type to use when casting the spell, you may use any damage type available to the spell, otherwise use the same damage type as the spell normally uses (Energy Substitution and similar feats can change the damage type for this feat's purposes, but feats such as Energy Admixture do not change the base damage type and so have no effect on this feat's damage).

In addition, you deal +1 damage per die when you cast an Evocation spell that normally deals damage.

11. - Top - End - #341

Spoiler: The moment you've all been dreading.
    Show

Actually, I'm sure the moment everyone's dreading is when I actually have to DO the Jem crossover.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Bolt Breath [Reserve] (Draconium)
    Oh, hey, thanks! This looks pretty neat.

EDIT: I'm bored, time for the next sweep!

Draconium Reserve Feat (Draconium)
    Morphing Reserve (Morphic tide)
    Morphic tide Reserve Feat (Morphic tide)
    Morphic Familiar (Morphic tide)
    Hand of the Loyal (LoyalPaladin)
    Shield of Loyal (LoyalPaladin)
    Nega-touch [V1] (Segev/Extra Anchovies)
    Alchemist's Touch (Elxir_Breauer)
    Nega-touch [V2] (Segev/Extra Anchovies)
    Reserve Feat (Jormengand)
    Bolt Breath (Draconium)
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-02-20 at 11:29 AM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

13. - Top - End - #343

Spoiler: Let's see action! Or imagine it, anyway.
    Show

Not sure what she sees in him, really.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

See it my way [Reserve] (Red Fel)

Prerequisites: Ability to cast a 3rd level or higher Charm or Compulsion spell

Benefit: As long as you have a 3rd level or higher Charm or Compulsion spell available to cast, you may make a melee touch attack to force the target to make a Will save or treat you as one step friendlier than they currently do (DC 10+Highest level Charm or Compulsion spell you have available to cast+your casting stat mod), for 1 minute or until you take a hostile action against them. At the end of this time, or if they make their save, they become one step more hostile than they were before the use of this feat for 5 minutes. This is a Mind Affecting effect that pierces magical or supernatural protections from spells or effects of any level below that of the spell powering this feat. Mindlessness and Immunity to Charm or Compulsion effects from Type or Subtype will still have full effect against this feat. You may make a Sleight of Hand check to hide the use of this feat as a handshake, quick shoulder grasp/hug or the like (opposed by the targets Spot check to notice the faint energy signature enveloping your hand or other appendage used for this attack).

In addition, your Charm and Compulsion spells have +1 to their Save DC.
    Last edited by Elxir_Breauer; 2016-02-21 at 02:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Benefit: As long as you have a 3rd level or higher Charm or Compulsion spell available to cast, you may make a melee touch attack to force the target to make a Will save or treat you as one step friendlier than they currently do (DC 10+Highest level Charm or Compulsion spell you have available to cast+your casting stat mod), for 1 minute or until you take a hostile action against them. At the end of this time, or if they make their save, they become one step more hostile than they were before the use of this feat for 5 minutes. This is a Mind Affecting effect that pierces magical or supernatural protections from spells or effects of any level below that of the spell powering this feat. Mindlessness and Immunity to Charm or Compulsion effects from Type or Subtype will still have full effect against this feat. You may make a Sleight of Hand check to hide the use of this feat as a handshake, quick shoulder grasp/hug or the like (opposed by the targets Spot check to notice the faint energy signature enveloping your hand or other appendage used for this attack).

sorry elixir_brewer and red fell but can I call dibs on this feat thank to zaydos I already have a mindrape feat but this makes is even sweeter to my demon hunter class

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Well, hello there!

I like this. It's a simple, clean compulsion trick that pretty much lets a caster replace the usual Diplomacy check with a Will save. Admittedly, the feedback (and now they hate you for five minutes) makes it something you don't want to spam. Nonetheless, simple and classy.

And now I have The Beatles' "We Can Work It Out" in my head. So, I'll probably have to punish somebody for that.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Oh, hey, thanks! This looks pretty neat.

EDIT: I'm bored, time for the next sweep!
    I'm breaking up with LP.

You have my complete and full attention, Draco.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Colossus in the Playground

You have my complete and full attention, Draco.
    That seems...ominous...

Draconium, if you need protection, I give discounts to actual dragons when loaning out dracolich bodyguards.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    That seems...ominous...

Draconium, if you need protection, I give discounts to actual dragons when loaning out dracolich bodyguards.
    Oh, that sounds like a lovely present.

Then he can give them to me. Being a cleric finally has its upsides.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

20. - Top - End - #350

Oh, that sounds like a lovely present.

Then he can give them to me. Being a cleric finally has its upsides.
    Oh dear. Opposed caster level checks for control of minions is always...messy.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Oh dear. Opposed caster level checks for control of minions is always...messy.
    Well of course not seeing as how you use Charisma checks not Caster Level (PHB 172).

Also do people prefer PHBII affiliation design or Complete Champion?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Well of course not seeing as how you use Charisma checks not Caster Level (PHB 172).
    Well, THAT is unfortunate. Now I have to figure out how to override that.

There's no way I'm beating Snowbluff in an opposed Charisma check.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Go sempai!

Come one come all the the battle of cleric necromancers

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Go sempai!

*cough* I'm a wizard, not a cleric. (And definitely not a sorcerer or dread necromancer, or I wouldn't be worried about the opposed charisma check.)

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Go sempai!

Oh yeah, and don't think I don't have the charisma I need. ;)

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

*cough* I'm a wizard, not a cleric. (And definitely not a sorcerer or dread necromancer, or I wouldn't be worried about the opposed charisma check.)
    well then, as a wizard you probably deserve to lose.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

well then, as a wizard you probably deserve to lose.
    In the realm of the undead, people with cleric levels are generally better equipped.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

In the realm of the undead, people with cleric levels are generally better equipped.
    I'm just talking about the crimes against life, the universe and everything.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just talking about the crimes against life, the universe and everything.
    To be fair, that's a summer afternoon for me.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, that's a summer afternoon for me.
    No, as a cleric you either work for the a deity or for an aspect of the universe. So your acts are divine intervention. Druids work for nature, bards work the magic of entertainment, and sorcerers are an act of nature. Wizards are just corrupt vile criminals.

Current avatar by me