New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    It's no use. I've got you.

I want to see it.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    *Leaps off of a cliff and then fades into nothingness before hitting the ground.*

(Yes, this is my new way to exit random threads. )
    Spoiler: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon spoiler (yes, this spoiler is actually a spoiler for once)
    Show
    Is that a reference to the ending of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, when Jen leaps off the mountain into the mist?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaydos, the 42 Vessels of Iz is a freaking work of art. I think I can safely crown you king of this thread.

... please, do continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I like it. I truly, truly do, Zaydos. You are a wonderful person for making me a depraved set of souls who seek to end life.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Permission (Kazyan), and I would like to help, though the only person here I know enough about to write an Elder Evil for is Zaydos. So I'll take a crack at that when I'm not so tired.
    Last edited by Kazyan; 2015-05-19 at 09:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Zaydos, the 42 Vessels of Iz is a freaking work of art. I think I can safely crown you king of this thread.

... please, do continue.

>>
    I googled and found that.. it's close enough, right?
    <<
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

It's certainly appropriate, and animated!
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Millions of swords shed tears of blood that there is yet no elder evil to guide them into the hearts of their enemies.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Millions of swords shed tears of blood that there is yet no elder evil to guide them into the hearts of their enemies.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Colossus in the Playground

Thanks, Leliel; I believe this is the first "me as a thing" that anybody's done.

I am curious what your inspirations were; I like the goals and motivations, and I am guessing you've incorporated my surname for the storm-related effects (if not, excellent synergy anyway).

Now I shall have to plumb the (sadly shallow) depths of my knowledge of those who've given permission to see what I can come up with...

Incidentally - and this is not a complaint nor criticism - I pronounce it with a soft "g" and short "e"s, so it's phonetically "seh jehv."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did someone call for me?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Thanks, Leliel; I believe this is the first "me as a thing" that anybody's done.

I am curious what your inspirations were; I like the goals and motivations, and I am guessing you've incorporated my surname for the storm-related effects (if not, excellent synergy anyway).

Now I shall have to plumb the (sadly shallow) depths of my knowledge of those who've given permission to see what I can come up with...

Incidentally - and this is not a complaint nor criticism - I pronounce it with a soft "g" and short "e"s, so it's phonetically "seh jehv."
    Excellent synergy.

Really, I was inspired by this game in development, That Which Sleeps, wherein you play as an Elder Evil in RTS form, trying to cause enough chaos to distract from you waking up. In your case, I was inspired by the character Sisyphus, one of the playable Old Ones-a human hero who absorbed the power of the inhuman tyrant he killed and became a worse tyrant before he was sealed away.

I figure that's something new enough, and I decided to go for Reverse-Cthulhu (he has all the aesthetics, but he hates aberrations and is driven by human motives..).
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

13. - Top - End - #133

Did someone call for me?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was just being sociable...

You see, I don't know who Evangeline is, so the comment about being clothed gave me pause about looking it up myself.

15. - Top - End - #135

I was just being sociable...

You see, I don't know who Evangeline is, so the comment about being clothed gave me pause about looking it up myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I can't say I've seen the show.

Then again, I'd hate to say that I've become predictable. What a quandary. Should I be checking it out?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, this isn't the anime gif thread.
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 2015-05-20 at 12:15 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

We're having a polite conversation!

Spoiler: The truth of the matter.
    Show
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-20 at 12:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Guys, this isn't the anime gif thread.
    Thank you for the reminder, though this was inevitable. It will return to the norm eventually (I think), so lets enjoy the show and if we can maybe put things back on the right course.

So.... Who will be the next placed into position to destroy the world (at least)?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Look at the original post why isn't there a color text that matches this background?
    I have tried to introduce her to Eva, but it is hard at times given the general lack of good anime made from the manga. Very little in the way of good gif material. Also it is strange that you should pick the very picture that is the source material for my current avatar.

edit: then again the lack of good anime might explain the use of the same picture.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-20 at 01:04 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Thank you for the reminder, though this was inevitable. It will return to the norm eventually (I think), so lets enjoy the show and if we can maybe put things back on the right course.

So.... Who will be the next placed into position to destroy the world (at least)?
    Me! Me! Do me! I'd love to set the world on fire
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

22. - Top - End - #142
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Aaaand Jormengand gives permission.
    This seems to have been missed by everyone who was supposed to be checking for permissions but was spamming the thread with gifs instead.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-20 at 05:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

This seems to have been missed by everyone who was supposed to be checking for permissions but was spamming the thread with gifs instead.
    Fixed, but you're complaining about the wrong person. LP has been handling the permissions. I'm just the MC at the moment.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I give my permission.
    The Fenris Brood

It is known that Loki the Trickster sired many children, the eight legged horse Sleipnir, the world devouring serpent Jormengand, The goddess of Niflheim Hel, and the most fearsome of beasts, the foul wolf Fenris (Kn. Religion DC 20). For a time, Odin attempted to raise the pup as a loyal hound, but Fenris proved too wily, too cunning and too evil to ever bow to any master. He grew so rapidly that the gods feared he would devour the sun itself. So the called upon the greatest of dwarven smiths to forge chains that would bind the beast. They tried three separate timed before finally tricking the giant wolf into his leash, costing the great god Tyr his hand in the process. This story is well known among the worshipers of the Norse Pantheon. What is not well known is the true level of Fenris' cunning and greed. The wily beast suspected foul play, and sought to usurp the place of the gods themselves, consuming all of creation if necessary (Kn. Religion DC 35). In preparation for any tricks of the gods, the wolf Fenris bore many offspring in secret (Kn. Religion or Nature DC 40) with many different primal spirits and natural born wolves. These children he spirited away and hid in the dark places of the world, where they sleep now until their hunger grows so great that it might consume the world.

Goals:

Though the Brood of Fenris slumbers now, one day their hunger will overtake them and they will burst forth to consume all of creation (Kn. Nature DC 40). Their bodies are buried in many places across the world, and accidentally disturbing one could lead to all of them being released suddenly. Not all of them are purely physical beings, some can possess wolves or dogs, or those who bear the curse of Lycanthropy (Kn. Nature DC 35).

Sign:

Slavering Fangs
    Famine spreads across the world, wolves and dogs go rabid, lycanthropes lose control of their forms.

Faint: crop harvests begin to shrink the world over, growing seasons become shorter and rain occurs less often as the Fenris Brood leeches life energy from the world around them

Moderate: Wolves, Worgs, Dogs and other canines have a 25% chance of going insane each day, creatures that go insane are treated as if being under the effects of a Barbarian's Rage ability (treat the creatures effective barbarian level as being equal to their HD) save that this rage is not limited to a number of rounds per day and viewing any non-canine creature as an enemy.

Strong: Lycanthropes automatically revert to their animal form, and suffer the same 25% chance of insanity as described in the Moderate Sign. All lycanthropes automatically have their alignment shifted to Chaotic Evil.

Overwhelming: Crops cease to grow, plants wither and die, rivers dry up. All canine form creatures and lycanthropes become insane, suffering the effects of the Moderate Sign. Literal Swarms of wolves rove across the land, devouring anything in sight.

Malefic Property

Swarm of Teeth

The Brood of Fenris is treated as a Colossal+++ swarm composed of wolves of various sizes (between Small and Huge). These wolves may break off from the swarm to fight individually, but the Brood itself possesses all swarm traits and an improved swarm attack that deals 10d6 damage per round, which overcomes any form of damage reduction, even that possessed by gods. When the swarm is reduced to 1/2 hit points it becomes incorporeal, as the spirit wolves pull their brethren into the astral plane to lead the assault against the gods themselves. Only complete destruction of the swarm will stop

Tactics/Traits/Etc

The Brood of Fenris is a mindless parade of starving beasts that seek to consume all of creation. Its tactics are incredibly direct, it merely moves from place to place killing and eating anything before it. Frequently, bodies of the swarm will break off to chase down fleeing prey, but they never truly leave the swarm and always return to it. In combat, the swarm always seeks out the largest mass of flesh and focuses on that until it is destroyed, then moves on to the next largest and so on.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, okay. If it will stop the gif madness (as if anything could), Snowbluff can have death by yandere.

Yukina

Levistus, the Lord of the Fifth and the Prince of Betrayal, is one of the Nine Hells' most infamous rulers. Before his imprisonment in ice by Asmodeus, he was a master of connivance and manipulation, some argue even on par with the Lord of Nessus himself. But more than that, he was an emotional manipulator - he would often seduce others to gain information, or to bend them to his will. One of his greatest triumphs in that regard was a Marilith named Yukina.

Long before his punishment by Asmodeus, Levistus was a commander in the legions of the Hells in the Blood War, directing raids on the Abyss. It is unclear whether Levistus himself led the raid, or whether it was one of his loyal underlings, but when several powerful Demons were captured, tortured, and destroyed, Levistus took the credit. One captive from the raid, however, was spared; this was Yukina, a powerful Marilith general. For a Demon, Yukina seemed cold and calculating; this was a facade, however, for burning beneath the surface was the inexhaustible rage of the Demon.

Levistus spent the better part of a century breaking her. He would torture her, then show affection; he would deprive her, then shower her with gifts. In time, he shattered her mind completely. She became his devoted, adoring slave, his personal Marilith paramour, to be used one day and ignored the next. To him, she was a trophy; to her, he was the entirety of the cosmos.

When Asmodeus finally punished him, that world was shattered. Yukina, having learned to thrive and grown in strength in the Hells, went on a rampage, charging straight to Nessus to confront Asmodeus. But she could never hope to be a match for the Lord of Nessus, and he cast her out of the Hells, using a binding so powerful that she could never return.

Now acclimated to the Hells, Yukina could not return to the Abyss. Haunted by the thoughts of her tormented love, she could find no solace. She drew herself into seclusion in a dark corner of the planes, growing in power and madness, and seeking to inflict her pain upon all of creation.

Goals:

Yukina suffers from two things: Heartbreak and madness. Put simply, she wants everyone to suffer both. In abundance.

Sign:
    Mad Love
    Affection blooms throughout the world, but love is only a step away from obsession.

Effects:
    Faint: Love is in the air! Each day, every intelligent creature in a romantic relationship enjoys a +1 morale bonus to all rolls which aid, serve, help, or protect their loved one. They must succeed a daily DC 2 Will save or take a -1 morale penalty to all rolls in opposition to, or to disobey, a loved one. The morale bonus does not apply to this save. Intelligent creatures not in a romantic relationship do not enjoy bonus or penalty, but feel an odd longing for romance.

Moderate: The heart wants. The morale bonus and penalty for those in relationships becomes +2 and -2, respectively. The DC to save against the penalty increases to 5. Those in romantic relationships must also make a daily Will save, DC 5; on failure, they become jealous, and suffer a -2 to all social interactions, believing any person might be a rival for their loved one's affections. The morale bonus does not apply to this save. Those not in romantic relationships must make a daily Will save, DC 5, or start to fixate on someone as their loved one. If they fail this save three days in a row, they treat this person as their loved one for purposes of this Sign, and gain the corresponding bonuses and penalties, as well as the save against jealousy.

Strong: You are mine alone! The morale bonus and penalty for being in a romantic relationship increases to +3 and -3, respectively, and the DC to save against the penalty increases to 8. The DC to save against jealousy increases to 8 as well, and the penalty to social interactions increases to -5. Additionally, if a creature in a romantic relationship observes someone interacting with his or her loved one, he or she must make a Will save, DC 8, or attack that person territorially; the attack need not be lethal, but the creature cannot stop until the rival is driven off. The morale bonus does not apply to this save. The DC for the save for those not in romantic relationships to develop a fixation increases to 8, and two consecutive failures are sufficient to develop the fixation.

Overwhelming: If I can't have you, no one will! The morale bonus for being in a romantic relationship increases to +5; the morale penalty ceases to function. The DC against jealousy increases to 20. When encountering any creature who has interacted with its loved one within the past 24 hours (to its knowledge), a creature must make the jealousy save or else attack its perceived rival with lethal force. If the creature sees its loved one interacting with another, it must make the jealousy save; on a failure perceives this as an ultimate betrayal, and attacks both the rival and the loved one with lethal force. The morale bonus does not apply to either save. If a creature kills its loved one, it is no longer in a romantic relationship. All creatures not in a romantic relationship must make a Will save, DC 20, upon meeting a new creature of any kind that might be desirable to it. (Standards vary, we don't judge.) On a failed save, they immediately fixate, and are treated as though they are in a romantic relationship. On a successful save, they are immune to this effect with respect to that specific creature for 24 hours. Should a creature remain not in a romantic relationship for three consecutive days, it must start making a daily Will save, DC 20, or die instantly of a broken heart.

Malefic Property:
    In addition to the normal malefic property common to all Elder Evils, Yukina has Overwhelming Affection.

Overwhwelming Affection: Any creature not in a romantic relationship who comes within the range of this Malefic Property must make a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 Yukina's HD + Yukina's Charisma modifier) each hour or become overwhelmed with love for Yukina. They become fiercely protective, and will seek to prevent any hostility towards Yukina with lethal force. If a creature fails this save, it may try again in 5 rounds.

Any creature in a romantic relationship who comes within the range of this Malefic Property becomes convinced that its loved one has betrayed it in favor of Yukina, yet oddly bears Yukina no ill will. Such creatures must make a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 Yukina's HD + Yukina's Charisma modifier) every hour or cease their present course of action and seek out their loved one, to attack with lethal force for the betrayal. If it does not reach its loved one within 24 hours, it may attempt a new save once every 24 hours to convince itself that the betrayal was imagined. The morale bonus does not apply to these saves.

Traits/Tactics/Etc
    Yukina, very simply, is mad. Upon the manifestation of her Strong Sign, she will personally manifest in the Prime Material Plane, and start marching across the countryside aimlessly. She draws no amusement from her actions, nor satisfaction; she has no overarching agenda or desire. She is simply mad with love and loss, and her madness radiates from her. By the time her Overwhelming Sign manifests, she will have seen enough "love" in the world that it will drive her into a fury; she will seek out population centers and slaughter those who haven't already killed each other out of misguided obsession.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-05-20 at 09:09 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Thank you!
    You're welcome. I kind of want to expand on the mechanics more (because a colossal+++ swarm that spawns direwolves sounds like an awesome encounter) but I don't have Elder Evils or know how to construct them. So I feel bad.

29. - Top - End - #149

If it makes you feel any better, I updated sweep #1 with it. I also haven't spammed gifs!

Fixed, but you're complaining about the wrong person. LP has been handling the permissions. I'm just the MC at the moment.
    You cheeky little... you threw me under the bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Okay, okay. If it will stop the gif madness (as if anything could), Snowbluff can have death by yandere.
    We have to sate Snowbluff's chaos in order to keep the law running. What have been been reduced to Red?
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-20 at 09:15 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I updated sweep #1 with it. I also haven't spammed gifs!
    Neither have I, but nobody ever thanks me for not knowing how to work imgur.