New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: GiP Regulars as Wondrous Items

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Eh... I'm not sure about Erinyes... and paladin levels would delay getting in to FoP.
    Bah.

See, he's ignoring me! Why don't you love me and my bees, Zaydos? D:
    Zaydos has Zaydos things to do.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Eh... I'm not sure about Erinyes... and paladin levels would delay getting in to FoP.
    Specifically Erinyes alone puts it at epic levels before you complete FoP, though erinyes paladin 2/FoP 2 is possible pre-epic.

See, he's ignoring me! Why don't you love me and my bees, Zaydos? D:
    Not got any good bee ideas right now. Instead I've got a mostly complete Lord Vader Vestige, which led to talk of an Elric of Vestige, which became Stormbringer the Black Vestige, which became a class that beat me enough I posted it unfinished () and is demanding too much of my brain space for much else. And at some point I need to stat out magic eating bats.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Not got any good bee ideas right now. Instead I've got a mostly complete Lord Vader Vestige, which led to talk of an Elric of Vestige, which became Stormbringer the Black Vestige, which became a class that beat me enough I posted it unfinished () and is demanding too much of my brain space for much else. And at some point I need to stat out magic eating bats.
    You know I keep stormbringer in the trunk of my car, right? That damn sword is so whiny sometimes.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    You know I keep stormbringer in the trunk of my car, right? That damn sword is so whiny sometimes.
    I know, if you don't regularly feed it souls it whines and whines and whines. That's actually canonical to the stories. The whole telepathy thing makes it extra annoying.

Wait I'm supposed to be making things... someone post so I can make an item without double posting.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #215

Wait I'm supposed to be making things... someone post so I can make an item without double posting.
    Socratov needs something.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Socratov needs something.
    I'm surprised I got something, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Socratov's Stein of Poetry
    Price: 8,000 GP
    Body Slot: - (held)
    Caster Level: 5th.
    Aura: Weak; DC 18 Enchantment.
    Activation: Standard (manipulation)
    Weight: 1-1/2 lb.

This metal beer stein is engraved with runes about its lip, a small poem praising a god, or gods, of art and inspiration. When mead is drunk from it the stein grants its imbiber a competence bonus on Craft (Poetry) and Perform (Oratory) checks until the next midnight based upon the number of creatures to have drunk from it since the last midnight, reducing the bonus of all previous imbibers. The bonus for number of imbibers is listed on the table below.

Imbibers Bonus
    1 +6
    2 +4
    3 +3
    4-5 +2
    6-10 +1

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Glibness, creator must have 6 ranks of Craft (Poetry) and Perform (Oratory).
    Cost to Create: 4,000 GP and 320 XP.

What item did you think I was talking about, LP?

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Specifically Erinyes alone puts it at epic levels before you complete FoP, though erinyes paladin 2/FoP 2 is possible pre-epic.
    Uh huh.

There's actually a goof guide for the class here.

... what...

Well, when you have a moment, I made a skirmisher bee and drew a beeseecher.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I should actually contribute once and a while, I might try building an item for someone. Who hasn't received an item yet?

Spoiler: Mini-rant on GitP's Opinion of Monks
    Show
    I put this in spoilers as to keep it out of the way for those who don't want to see me rant about people having a lack of faith in monks. I'll be talking mainly about Pathfinder (both regular and unchained), as people tend to assume that pathfinder monks are as bad, and sometimes even worse, than 3.5 monks. I don't want to derail this thread into a 10 page long argument on why monks are the worst/not the worst and what the best class is or whatever, because that's no fun for anyone. So I'd like to ask that if you wish to continue to talk about this, please keep it in spoilers and actually respond to the thread at hand before you go off and respond to this.

The first thing I'd like to mention about monks is the fact the people all too often attribute ability scores in the wrong order to monks, thinking Wisdom is the highest priority, as well as reducing the impact of their MAD. That's completely false. I'm not accusing anyone specific of doing it, but I feel enough people think like that that I should mention it. Strength should be your first priority, if you actually want to hit things. Now, there are ways to get Dexterity to replace Strength (and to a lesser extent Wisdom), which actually quite improve your monk, but not everyone has those options or thinks about them, so I actually want to mention them. The first way to do so, and is completely first party, requires three feats. First, you need Boar Style, which makes your Unarmed Strikes do Slashing Damage. Next you grab slashing grace, and seeing as how your Unarmed Strikes count as One-Handed, they're applicable as One-Handed Slashing Weapons. Then you obviously get Weapon Finesse, for Dex to-hit. The next one costs two feats, but requires 3rd party content, albeit good 3rd party conflict. If DSP is available, simply get Deadly Agility and Weapon Finesse. Easy. The last way, which for some people mileage may vary, requires putting a three level dip into Unchained Rogue, giving you Dexterity to hit and damage with one weapon (your unarmed strikes, of course). There's also a way or two to get Wisdom to hit/possibly damage, but I don't know the feats well enough. If you can get one of these ways to work, you now have reduced your Ability dependency to three, with two dumpable stats (intelligence being iffy, and dumping Charisma and Strength hard), much like ranger or paladin, and have increased your AC significantly, by placing more priority on Dexterity.

Next I'd like to note that monks have one of the best set of class features for scouting, and a generally pretty good skill list. They honestly get the best skill lists outside of Ranger and Paladin for any martial character, with the second or third most useful knowledge (Religion), Perception, Stealth, and Sense Motive, as well as some other goodies. They also get a decent amount of SP/level.

I'm running short on time, so I'll just cut this here, and add more stuff when I can.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Because I should actually contribute once and a while, I might try building an item for someone. Who hasn't received an item yet?

Spoiler: Mini-rant on GitP's Opinion of Monks
    Show
    I put this in spoilers as to keep it out of the way for those who don't want to see me rant about people having a lack of faith in monks. I'll be talking mainly about Pathfinder (both regular and unchained), as people tend to assume that pathfinder monks are as bad, and sometimes even worse, than 3.5 monks. I don't want to derail this thread into a 10 page long argument on why monks are the worst/not the worst and what the best class is or whatever, because that's no fun for anyone. So I'd like to ask that if you wish to continue to talk about this, please keep it in spoilers and actually respond to the thread at hand before you go off and respond to this.

The first thing I'd like to mention about monks is the fact the people all too often attribute ability scores in the wrong order to monks, thinking Wisdom is the highest priority, as well as reducing the impact of their MAD. That's completely false. I'm not accusing anyone specific of doing it, but I feel enough people think like that that I should mention it. Strength should be your first priority, if you actually want to hit things. Now, there are ways to get Dexterity to replace Strength (and to a lesser extent Wisdom), which actually quite improve your monk, but not everyone has those options or thinks about them, so I actually want to mention them. The first way to do so, and is completely first party, requires three feats. First, you need Boar Style, which makes your Unarmed Strikes do Slashing Damage. Next you grab slashing grace, and seeing as how your Unarmed Strikes count as One-Handed, they're applicable as One-Handed Slashing Weapons. Then you obviously get Weapon Finesse, for Dex to-hit. The next one costs two feats, but requires 3rd party content, albeit good 3rd party conflict. If DSP is available, simply get Deadly Agility and Weapon Finesse. Easy. The last way, which for some people mileage may vary, requires putting a three level dip into Unchained Rogue, giving you Dexterity to hit and damage with one weapon (your unarmed strikes, of course). There's also a way or two to get Wisdom to hit/possibly damage, but I don't know the feats well enough. If you can get one of these ways to work, you now have reduced your Ability dependency to three, with two dumpable stats (intelligence being iffy, and dumping Charisma and Strength hard), much like ranger or paladin, and have increased your AC significantly, by placing more priority on Dexterity.

Next I'd like to note that monks have one of the best set of class features for scouting, and a generally pretty good skill list. They honestly get the best skill lists outside of Ranger and Paladin for any martial character, with the second or third most useful knowledge (Religion), Perception, Stealth, and Sense Motive, as well as some other goodies. They also get a decent amount of SP/level.

I'm running short on time, so I'll just cut this here, and add more stuff when I can.
    I totally understand IZ.
    Spoiler: Micro-Rant on GitP's Opinion of Paladin
    Show
    It makes me sad.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Inuyasha's Robe of the Fire Rat
    Price: 123,000 GP
    Body Slot: Body
    Caster Level: 15th.
    Aura: Strong; DC 18 Abjuration.
    Activation: -
    Weight: 1 lb.

This red outfit was woven from the hair of the fire rat and imbued with the powerful ki of youkai making it harder than iron but light as a breeze. While worn it grants the wearer a +8 armor bonus to AC (but is not in itself armor), DR 3/-, and fire resistance 30. Non-masterwork weapons which strike the Robe of the Fire Rat must make a Reflex save (DC 20) or be destroyed. The robe itself is immune to fire, has a hardness of 40, 120 hit point, and heals 5 hit points per round.

Oh wait.. not that Inuyasha.

Inuyasha's Glasses of the Jinx
    Price: 10,800 GP
    Body Slot: Face
    Activation: Standard (command word)
    Weight: -.

These glasses have frames made of strangely dark blue material, a result of their sorcerous construction, and lenses of red quartz. When worn three times per day you may utter a command word and glance towards a single creature that can see you. That creature must make a DC 15 Will save or on its next turn be compelled to make a melee or ranged attack against its nearest ally with whatever weapon it holds (or unarmed if it carries no weapon).

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Command
    Cost to Create: 5,400 GP and 4,360 XP.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Check ye olde list, I keep it fairly up to date.

Spoiler: Current Permissions/Items
    Show

Perma Permissions (I know of):
    Snowbluff
    Threadnaught
    LoyalPaladin
    Zaydos
    Socratov
    Red Fel
    WhamBamSam
    Atemu1234

Permissions
    Snowbluff
    Threadnaught

Emperor Tippy
    Zaydos
    atemu1234
    khadgar567
    IZ42
    Red Fel
    Extra Anchovies
    Masterkerfuffle
    Afgncaap5
    unseenmage
    Ashtagon
    Elricaltovilla
    eggynack
    Blackhawk748
    PsyBomb
    WhamBamSam
    Milo v3
    NeoPhoenix0
    Lord_Gareth
    Bad Wolf
    LoyalPaladin
    Somensjev
    Vaz
    prufock
    Marlowe
    Xuldarinar
    Invader
    Segev
    Stack
    dysprosium
    inuyasha
    Karl Aegis
    Jormengand
    illyahr

Wondrous Items by Slot

Arms
    Elric's Bracers of Initiation (Elricaltovilla)

Body
    Inuyasha's Robe of the Fire Rat (Inuyasha)

Face
    Snowbluff's Mask of Sublime Wrath (Snowbluff)
    Mask of the Master (Masterkerfuffle)
    Inuyasha's Glasses of the Jinx (Inuyasha)

Feet
    Prufock's Boots of the Longrider (prufock)
    Boots of the Frozen City (Karl Aegis)

Hands
    Glove of the Snowy Bluff (Snowbluff)
    Gauntlets of Xuldarinar (Xuldarinar)
    Lord Gareth's Gauntlets of the Sublime Craftsman (Lord Gareth)

Head
    Afgn's Cap of Wilderness Survival (Afgncaap5)
    Shard of the Fractured Mind (Marlowe)Milo's Wonder Com (Milo v3)
    Zaydos' Wonderous Witchcap (Zaydos)
    NeoPheonix's Helm of Erratic Teleportation (NeoPheonix, cursed)

Shoulders

Throat
    WhamBam's Gorget of Draconic Command (WhamBamSam)
    Bad Wolf's Collar (Bad Wolf)
    Eggynack's Collar of Bestial Eloquence (Eggynack)

Torso
    Anchovies' Vest of Bones (Extra Anchovies)
    Blackhawk's Blood Repelling Tabbard (BlackHawk748)
    Lord Gareth's Fur Mantle of Beast-Slaying (Lord_Gareth)
    Marlowe's Fuku of Fiery Purification (Marlowe)
    Vest of Stacking (Stack)
    PsyGrenade (Psybomb)
    NeoPheonix's Quill of Forgery (NeoPheonix0)

Waist
    IZ's Sash of Annoy Monster (IZ42)
    Vaz' Belt of Calming Presence (Vaz)
    Tiefling Tail of Balance (Marlowe)

Slotless
    Threadnaught's Bag of Mundane Objects (Threadnaught)
    Red Fel's Kitten Cage (Red Fel)
    Powder of Obsession (Snowbluff)
    Sashimono of Paladinic Loyalty (LoyalPaladin)
    Eggynack's Feather Token: Druid (eggynack)
    Fel's Tome of Fiends (Red Fel)
    Somensjev's Bottle of Transformation (Somensjev)
    Atemu's Cup (Atemu)
    Unseenmage's Copper Monkey (unseenmage)
    Living Peanut Statue (Zaydos)
    Socratov's Stein of Poetry (Socratov)
    Powder of Dysprosium (Dysprosium)

Spoiler: Waiting
    Show
    Z indicates I've done one for them, which is mostly for my own use.
    SnowbluffZ
    ThreadnaughtZ
    LoyalPaladinZ
    ZaydosZ
    SocratovZ
    Red FelZ
    WhamBamSamZ
    Atemu1234Z

Permissions
    SnowbluffZ
    ThreadnaughtZ

Emperor Tippy
    Zaydos
    atemu1234
    Z
    khadgar567
    IZ42Z
    Red FelZ
    Extra AnchoviesZ
    Masterkerfuffle
    Afgncaap5
    unseenmage
    Z
    Ashtagon
    ElricaltovillaZ
    eggynackZ
    Blackhawk748Z
    PsyBombZ
    WhamBamSamZ
    Milo v3Z
    NeoPhoenix0Z
    Lord_GarethZ
    Bad Wolf
    LoyalPaladinZ
    Somensjev
    Vaz
    prufockZ
    MarloweZ
    Xuldarinar
    Z
    Invader
    Segev
    Stack
    dysprosiumZ
    inuyashaZ
    Karl Aegis
    Z
    Jormengand
    illyahr
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-25 at 04:44 PM.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Inuyasha's Robe of the Fire Rat
    Price: 123,000 GP
    Body Slot: Body
    Caster Level: 15th.
    Aura: Strong; DC 18 Abjuration.
    Activation: -

This red outfit was woven from the hair of the fire rat and imbued with the powerful ki of youkai making it harder than iron but light as a breeze. While worn it grants the wearer a +8 armor bonus to AC (but is not in itself armor), DR 3/-, and fire resistance 30. Non-masterwork weapons which strike the Robe of the Fire Rat must make a Reflex save (DC 20) or be destroyed. The robe itself is immune to fire, has a hardness of 40, 120 hit point, and heals 5 hit points per round.

Oh wait.. not that Inuyasha.

Inuyasha's Glasses of the Jinx
    Price: 10,800 GP
    Body Slot: Face
    Activation: Standard (command word)
    Weight: -.

These glasses have frames made of strangely dark blue material, a result of their sorcerous construction, and lenses of red quartz. When worn three times per day you may utter a command word and glance towards a single creature that can see you. That creature must make a DC 15 Will save or on its next turn be compelled to make a melee or ranged attack against its nearest ally with whatever weapon it holds (or unarmed if it carries no weapon).

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Command
    Cost to Create: 5,400 GP and 4,360 XP.

Check ye olde list, I keep it fairly up to date.

Spoiler: Current Permissions/Items
    Show

Snowbluff
    Threadnaught
    LoyalPaladin
    Zaydos
    Socratov
    Red Fel
    WhamBamSam
    Atemu1234

Permissions
    Snowbluff
    Threadnaught

Emperor Tippy
    Zaydos
    atemu1234
    khadgar567
    IZ42
    Red Fel
    Extra Anchovies
    Masterkerfuffle
    Afgncaap5
    unseenmage
    Ashtagon
    Elricaltovilla
    eggynack
    Blackhawk748
    PsyBomb
    WhamBamSam
    Milo v3
    NeoPhoenix0
    Lord_Gareth
    Bad Wolf
    LoyalPaladin
    Somensjev
    Vaz
    prufock
    Marlowe
    Xuldarinar
    Invader
    Segev
    Stack
    dysprosium
    inuyasha
    Karl Aegis
    Jormengand
    illyahr

Wondrous Items by Slot

Arms
    Elric's Bracers of Initiation (Elricaltovilla)

Body
    Inuyasha's Robe of the Fire Rat (Inuyasha)

Face
    Snowbluff's Mask of Sublime Wrath (Snowbluff)
    Mask of the Master (Masterkerfuffle)
    Inuyasha's Glasses of the Jinx (Inuyasha)

Feet
    Prufock's Boots of the Longrider (prufock)
    Boots of the Frozen City (Karl Aegis)

Hands
    Glove of the Snowy Bluff (Snowbluff)
    Gauntlets of Xuldarinar (Xuldarinar)

Head
    Afgn's Cap of Wilderness Survival (Afgncaap5)
    Shard of the Fractured Mind (Marlowe)Milo's Wonder Com (Milo v3)
    Zaydos' Wonderous Witchcap (Zaydos)
    NeoPheonix's Helm of Erratic Teleportation (NeoPheonix, cursed)

Shoulders

Throat
    WhamBam's Gorget of Draconic Command (WhamBamSam)
    Bad Wolf's Collar (Bad Wolf)
    Eggynack's Collar of Bestial Eloquence (Eggynack)

Torso
    Anchovies' Vest of Bones (Extra Anchovies)
    Blackhawk's Blood Repelling Tabbard (BlackHawk748)
    Lord Gareth's Fur Mantle of Beast-Slaying (Lord_Gareth)
    Marlowe's Fuku of Fiery Purification (Marlowe)
    Vest of Stacking (Stack)
    PsyGrenade (Psybomb)
    NeoPheonix's Quill of Forgery (NeoPheonix0)

Waist
    IZ's Sash of Annoy Monster (IZ42)
    Vaz' Belt of Calming Presence (Vaz)
    Tiefling Tail of Balance (Marlowe)

Slotless
    Threadnaught's Bag of Mundane Objects (Threadnaught)
    Red Fel's Kitten Cage (Red Fel)
    Powder of Obsession (Snowbluff)
    Sashimono of Paladinic Loyalty (LoyalPaladin)
    Eggynack's Feather Token: Druid (eggynack)
    Fel's Tome of Fiends (Red Fel)
    Somensjev's Bottle of Transformation (Somensjev)
    Atemu's Cup (Atemu)
    Unseenmage's Copper Monkey (unseenmage)
    Living Peanut Statue (Zaydos)
    Socratov's Stein of Poetry (Socratov)

Spoiler: Waiting
    Show
    Z indicates I've done one for them, which is mostly for my own use.
    SnowbluffZ
    ThreadnaughtZ
    LoyalPaladinZ
    ZaydosZ
    SocratovZ
    Red FelZ
    WhamBamSamZ
    Atemu1234Z

Permissions
    SnowbluffZ
    ThreadnaughtZ

Emperor Tippy
    Zaydos
    atemu1234
    Z
    khadgar567
    IZ42Z
    Red FelZ
    Extra AnchoviesZ
    Masterkerfuffle
    Afgncaap5
    unseenmage
    Z
    Ashtagon
    ElricaltovillaZ
    eggynackZ
    Blackhawk748Z
    PsyBombZ
    WhamBamSamZ
    Milo v3Z
    NeoPhoenix0Z
    Lord_Gareth
    Bad Wolf
    LoyalPaladinZ
    Somensjev
    Vaz
    prufockZ
    MarloweZ
    Xuldarinar
    Z
    Invader
    Segev
    Stack
    dysprosium
    inuyashaZ
    Karl Aegis
    Z
    Jormengand
    illyahr
    Note I've given permission permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

I totally understand IZ.
    Spoiler: Micro-Rant on GitP's Opinion of Paladin
    Show
    It makes me sad.
    hey, giants respects the paladins ability to become slightly closer to a wizard with some munchkining. They also view the paladin in general similarish to the ranger in general, only capable of turning coal into diamonds. I just wish i understood giants love affair with the wizard. I guess they love spending hours of real life preparing for each in game day. Otherwise i see no reason to like the wizard.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-25 at 03:31 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    hey, giants respects the paladins ability to become slightly closer to a wizard with some munchkining. They also view the paladin in general similarish to the ranger in general, only capable of turning coal into diamonds. I just wish i understood giants love affair with the wizard. I guess they love spending hours of real life preparing for each in game day. Otherwise i see no reason to like the wizard.
    The joke at my table, is that Paladin is the only tier 0 class. That is because, it's Code of Conduct makes him dependable and he tends to garner allies because of it.

Seriously. My Paladin got in a fight with our Cleric (note: the cleric started it.), our other cleric and our party wizard decided to back up the Paladin because they trusted him and cared about him.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Lord Gareth's Gauntlets of the Sublime Craftsman
    Price: 50,000 GP (empty, bad maneuvers may decrease value)
    Body Slot: Hands
    Caster Level: 12th.
    Aura: Strong; DC 21 Transmutation.
    Activation: 10 minutes, see below.

These metal and leather gauntlets look like what would be worn by a moderately armored melee pugilist. Each pair of gauntlets of the sublime craftsman can store 4 special martial strikes created by a wearer. These maneuvers have two options of those listed on the table below based upon their level. A wearer cannot create martial strikes with a level higher than they can initiate. A wearer can ready maneuvers in these gauntlets of a level they can learn as if they were among their maneuvers known. You may choose an ability from a lower level of the table than the maneuver's level, but may not choose more than one ability each from any given column. DC for all effects is 10 + Maneuver level + the wearer's highest mental ability modifier. All strikes made with these gauntlets are standard actions, include at least one melee attack (tactical may increase this), and debuff effects only apply to targets that were hit.

Crafting a maneuver for the gauntlets requires 10 minutes of work, and once the maneuver has been crafted it cannot be changed.

Level Damage (1) Damage (2) Debuff Tactical
    1 +1d4 +1d4 Reflex save or be dazzled for 1 round. Roll twice on attack, forfeit damage bonus or debuff effect to take higher roll.
    2 +1d6 +1d6 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1 round. Attack 2 targets within melee reach.
    3 +2d6 +1d6 Will save or be shaken for 1 round. Move up to 1/2 your speed before and 1/2 after the attack, without provoking attacks of opportunity from the target.
    4 +4d4 +3d4 Fortitude save or lose move action for 1 round. Roll twice on attack, use better result.
    5 +3d6 +3d6 Reflex save or be knocked prone. Re-roll 1 save against an effect affecting you which allowed a save to negate.
    6 +4d6 +4d6 Fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round. Apply attack against all enemies within 5 ft.
    7 +6d6 +6d6 Fortitude save or lose Standard action for 1 round. If hit target must make a Fortitude save or be moved 10-ft in any direction of your choice.
    8 +9d6 +8d6 Fortitude save or be Stunned for 1 round. Allies gain a +4 to hit and +8 damage against target for 1 round.
    9 +12d6 +12d6 Fortitude save or be Dazed for 2 rounds. Activate a boost as a free action.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Tenser's Transformation, creator must have Martial Lore 15 ranks, creator must be able to initiate Lv 6 maneuvers.
    Cost to Create: 25,000 GP and 2,000 XP.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The joke at my table, is that Paladin is the only tier 0 class. That is because, it's Code of Conduct makes him dependable and he tends to garner allies because of it.

Seriously. My Paladin got in a fight with our Cleric (note: the cleric started it.), our other cleric and our party wizard decided to back up the Paladin because they trusted him and cared about him.
    The code of conduct is the only real issue I have with the paladin. I just think it's generally poorly written and leaves itself open to abuse and misuse.

They could stand to have a couple more buffs (more Lay on Hands, better smite mechanics, more skill points), but they're hard to kill, good in a fight and usually pretty dependable.

I feel similarly about monks, they just need stuff that works together better.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Eh. Wizard is too complicated if you pay attention to downtime spells (which isn't a necessity for a wizard to be strong). I restrict my self to PHB + SC (or CRB + APG) for spell selection so I'm not tempted to dig through obscure campaign books for OP spells.

Also, Paladin is cool. I like the paladin. It's a bad class, but that's WotC's fault, and built right they can be decent.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

I just play my wizards like bad sorcerers. I almost never change my spells prepared except on level up. I just love being the bookworm who gains great power by READING!

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

The code of conduct is the only real issue I have with the paladin. I just think it's generally poorly written and leaves itself open to abuse and misuse.

They could stand to have a couple more buffs (more Lay on Hands, better smite mechanics, more skill points), but they're hard to kill, good in a fight and usually pretty dependable.
    Yeah paladins are okay.

I feel similarly about monks, they just need stuff that works together better.
    Monks are not. They don't even belong in the setting, and not even their Mary Sue "I don't need mechanical advantage to hit things" powers will not save them from being buried a hundred miles under Tartarus.

No spells or maneuvers, either. Nothing was done to make the class mechanically engaging. The most you can get out of it is a dip for builds much more dependent on other class levels, like Shadow Sun Ninja or Tashalatora.

Phooey on monks, and phooey on attempts to fix rather than replace.
    I just play my wizards like bad sorcerers. I almost never change my spells prepared except on level up. I just love being the bookworm who gains great power by READING!
    Hahaha... I do this to.

I usually play wizards over sorcerers because the casting progression is faster.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-25 at 04:03 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah paladins are okay.
    No they're not. They're the best reason to reach level 9 in BECMI. I think that makes them (conceptually) more than okay. Paladin might be my favorite concept other than Wizard or Gish.

Monks are not. They don't even belong in the setting, and not even their Mary Sue "I don't need mechanical advantage to hit things" powers will not save them from being buried a hundred miles under Tartarus.
    And this is my main actual problem with monk (the other being that they should get full BAB) that they don't fit in ye olde standard generic fantasy.

Hahaha... I do this to.

I usually play wizards over sorcerers because the casting progression is faster.
    I don't even care about the casting progression half the time (though it is a raw deal on sorcerers), it's just being Int based and BOOKS! Plus wizards get a familiar. You can do fun things with a familiar.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #231

It could have been executed a lot better. I'm one of the few people who think they should allow any alignment, but restrict Paladins worshiping Torm to having to share an alignment with a patron deity. We have Crusader for that dedication to an ideal thing.

I'm all for buffing smite. Remove disease is pretty bad and they could stand to gain mettle or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Eh. Wizard is too complicated if you pay attention to downtime spells (which isn't a necessity for a wizard to be strong).
    This is why I like mundanes.

I just love being the bookworm who gains great power by READING!
    Respect. *gangsta fist bump*

Paladin might be my favorite concept other than Wizard or Gish.

And this is my main actual problem with monk (the other being that they should get full BAB) that they don't fit in ye olde standard generic fantasy.
    Yeah. They feel very... imported. No jokes, fun prodding, or judgement intended.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

I like sorcerers because they are Cha based, you can make a ton of different builds just on using Cha effectively. The only advantage Int has over Cha is it is your skill point base, otherwise Cha can be thrown around everywhere. I also use sorcerers because they provide the raw torque i enjoy a lot of the time. I run out of spell slots way more than i should, then again i have used spells in a horrible inefficient way in the past, usually on purpose. Also there is metamagic, if i am doing metamagic it had better be a DMM cleric or a sorcerer. Seeing as the cleric list is my least favorite list of any base class that DMM cleric isn't happening except as an accessory to another gish.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Powder of Dysprosium
    Price: 200 GP
    Body Slot: - (Held)
    Caster Level: 3rd.
    Aura: Weak; DC 16 Transmutation.
    Activation: Standard.
    Weight: 3 lb.

This silvery powder is normally contained in a small clothe bag. Thrown, as a standard action, it functions as a grenade-like weapon aimed at a square intersection. Striking a hard object the bag will split open spilling its contents in the 4 squares around the intersection covering them in this powder. This powder is extremely flammable and if fire or electricity damage is dealt to anything covered in the powder it immediately sets ablaze, igniting all powder in contiguous squares. This powder burns for 5 rounds, dealing fire damage as normal for being on fire (1d6 damage/round), and while it can be extinguished normally by rolling on non-flaming ground, water does nothing to extinguish its fires, the powder instead converting water into flammable hydrogen gas.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Object, creator must have 5 ranks in Craft (Alchemy).
    Cost to Create: 100 GP and 80 XP.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-25 at 04:52 PM.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm currently working on an item(s) for Illyahr. This will either turn out trash or turn out wonderfully.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Note I've given permission permanently.
    As have I, though it keeps on getting ignored each time I restate it.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I also give permission again ; )
    Last edited by Invader; 2015-06-25 at 06:03 PM.
    "The icy cold fingers of reason have choked the life out of this thread and despite all logic it keeps squirming", nope, it's dead.

"Occasionally I'd just like someone to quote me in their signature"
    -Invader

Epic threads with awesome revelations.

Awesome Avatar by Kymme!

27. - Top - End - #237

Lord Gareth's Gauntlets of the Sublime Craftsman
    Price: 50,000 GP (empty, bad maneuvers may decrease value)
    Body Slot: Hands
    Caster Level: 12th.
    Aura: Strong; DC 21 Transmutation.
    Activation: 10 minutes, see below.

These metal and leather gauntlets look like what would be worn by a moderately armored melee pugilist. Each pair of gauntlets of the sublime craftsman can store 4 special martial strikes created by a wearer. These maneuvers have two options of those listed on the table below based upon their level. A wearer cannot create martial strikes with a level higher than they can initiate. A wearer can ready maneuvers in these gauntlets of a level they can learn as if they were among their maneuvers known. You may choose an ability from a lower level of the table than the maneuver's level, but may not choose more than one ability each from any given column. DC for all effects is 10 + Maneuver level + the wearer's highest mental ability modifier. All strikes made with these gauntlets are standard actions, include at least one melee attack (tactical may increase this), and debuff effects only apply to targets that were hit.

Crafting a maneuver for the gauntlets requires 10 minutes of work, and once the maneuver has been crafted it cannot be changed.

Level Damage (1) Damage (2) Debuff Tactical
    1 +1d4 +1d4 Reflex save or be dazzled for 1 round. Roll twice on attack, forfeit damage bonus or debuff effect to take higher roll.
    2 +1d6 +1d6 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1 round. Attack 2 targets within melee reach.
    3 +2d6 +1d6 Will save or be shaken for 1 round. Move up to 1/2 your speed before and 1/2 after the attack, without provoking attacks of opportunity from the target.
    4 +4d4 +3d4 Fortitude save or lose move action for 1 round. Roll twice on attack, use better result.
    5 +3d6 +3d6 Reflex save or be knocked prone. Re-roll 1 save against an effect affecting you which allowed a save to negate.
    6 +4d6 +4d6 Fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round. Apply attack against all enemies within 5 ft.
    7 +6d6 +6d6 Fortitude save or lose Standard action for 1 round. If hit target must make a Fortitude save or be moved 10-ft in any direction of your choice.
    8 +9d6 +8d6 Fortitude save or be Stunned for 1 round. Allies gain a +4 to hit and +8 damage against target for 1 round.
    9 +12d6 +12d6 Fortitude save or be Dazed for 2 rounds. Activate a boost as a free action.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Tenser's Transformation, creator must have Martial Lore 15 ranks, creator must be able to initiate Lv 6 maneuvers.
    Cost to Create: 25,000 GP and 2,000 XP.
    ...Huh. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Jormengand's Mantle of Curse Reflection
    Price: 50,000 GP
    Body Slot: Shoulders
    Caster Level: 13th.
    Aura: Strong; DC 22 Abjuration.
    Activation: -.

This patched up, sleeveless, hooded, brown cloak is worn over the wearer's shoulders. While it may look ratty and worn, it bears powerful protective enchantments. Whenever you would be targeted by a spell with Curse in its name or the [Curse] descriptor which could be reflected by Spell Turning it is reflected as if by spell turning.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Bestow Curse, Remove Curse, Spell Turning
    Cost to Create: 25,000 GP and 2000 XP.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Monks are not. They don't even belong in the setting
    This is something I have to disagree with.

Little John was totally a monk, running around with no armor or nothing whacking people with a quarterstaff.

Scatha, who gave the Gae Bulg to Cuchulainn was noted to be a master of fighting with or without a weapon, and led a kingdom/monastery of female warriors.

Savate is a french martial arts style developed by sailors that primarily relies on kicks because it was illegal to throw a punch in many cities in France, but technically kicking was OK.

Brazil's Capoeira was developed by slaves in secret so that they could rebel against their masters without weapons.

There's plenty of cases in western literature and history where unarmed fighters were a thing. Less so than in eastern cultures for sure, due to the geography making metal more abundant and generally of better quality.

Historical and mythological arguments aside, not every story takes place in "Generic Medieval Europe" a monk certainly wouldn't be out of place in a Warriors and Wuxia game, and there should absolutely be support for these kinds of stories in the core books as it encourages people to branch out into characters and stories that are new or atypical for western fantasy.

Moving even further away from real world evidence, all of these games take place in fictional world entirely divorced from our own. The worlds of Aebir-Toril, Greyhawk, Golarion, Athas and Eberron all make it pretty clear that enclaves of ascetic individuals who train their bodies and minds to achieve oneness with the universe are a thing that happens in these worlds, and to be honest, the ability to run faster, jump higher, and hit harder with just your body sounds pretty darn appealing. Not to mention the immunity to diseases, poisons and the ability to communicate with all living things. No wonder people in those fantasy worlds want to be monks, it sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

That of course is the actual problem with the monk, they sound great but their abilities just lack the raw math to really function compared to other classes. But that has nothing to do with whether or not the monk deserves it's spot based on fluff.

Guy who fights as good barehanded as the guy with the greatsword is a perfectly valid mechanical character concept, and deserves its place in D&D and Pathfinder. The monk needs our love and support, not our derision.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I always preferred to think of Scáthach as a Swordsage or Warblade.
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-06-25 at 11:25 PM.