New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Probably Bite, because Poseidon has awful special attack and doesn't get STAB from it. However, upon further thought, it's actually a moot point, since I can deal with all of the Elite 4 easily enough, I think. I think the only one that'll be difficult is Karen, so I'm going to put Earthquake on Hector because he's going to be in using Dynamic Punch anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Except I totally just found a second Earthquake TM. Success.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Orc in the Playground

Ha, nice. That was mighty convenient.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 32
    Spoiler
    Show
    So you're back. I hope you haven't destroyed him.
    Perish the thought. I helped him realize his potential. Isn't that right, Graves?
    I feel strange. Heightened, I guess, like everything is more detailed. I feel so much faster and stronger...it's bizarre.
    Make sure to keep your new powers under control. This is a lot of responsibility for one so young.
    No...I know what I have to do. It feels like there's something grabbing me, but I won't let it control me. I promise.
    Good. Poseidon, how are Hector and Ophelia?
    Still fighting. It's exhausting just to watch them. At this point, I'm worried they're going to burnout before we even make it to the League. I think I pushed them too much, and now they can't slow down.
    Whoa...they make my new power look like a joke.
    They're in no danger. Watch.
    ---
    You're so pig-headed! You need to grow up!
    Don't tell me what I need to do! You don't even belong on the team! You're only here because that ass took pity on you!
    You don't even like him! What do you care why he put this team together? Besides, as this fight is proving, I'm a better fighter than you, even without type advantage.
    You haven't seen all my power yet! I've been holding back!

Still think you can beat me?
    Holding back, huh? That's all you've got? You're just bigger!
    Well that size advantage is all I need!
    Ha! Well allow me to take that from you!

You're still nothing! Bring it on!
    THAT'S ENOUGH!
    No! I have to win! I have to be the best!
    Listen to him! He's so immature and arrogant! He needs to understand that we're a team!
    No. You're both finished. This fight is over. Save it for the League.
    But-
    No. Janick's coming back, but until then, I'm in charge, and you will do what I say. It doesn't matter how powerful you are, I am more powerful.
    ...Fine.
    Fine.
    Go wait with Graves over there. Sir Misery and I need to talk.
    ---
    That was an impressive display.
    They're both immature. They both need to grow up if they're going to survive on this team. The League is unforgiving, and I don't trust it to be a fair competition.
    Indeed, Lance probably has a few tricks up his sleeve.
    I suppose we should continue training then, just in case.
    Perhaps you should. I'm confident enough in my abilities, and someone should watch these children anyway.
    Very well. I'll be back.
    ---
    Strange...it's as if all the wild Pokemon have been cleared out...There's no one here...What was that? You there! Show yourself!

Who dares confront me in my own cave?
    My name is Poseidon! Who are you?
    I am Gaia, mighty queen of this cave! Through this pass lies the Pokemon League!
    That's wonderful! My friends and I are on our way there.
    Are you in the possession of a trainer named Janick?
    Er...Yes, he is our Trainer. How do you know him?
    Thrash! He destroyed Team Rocket! He must be punished for his transgressions!
    What? Surf!
    Ugh...Team Rocket will...be...avenged...
    She used the same move as Oceanus...Perplexing.
    ---
    Alright everyone! Murderface and I are back from our exciting adventure across Johto to find the stupid Waterfall HM. By the looks of things, you've all gotten a lot stronger, so let's go on without wasting any more time.
    ---
    Janick, wait up!
    Adrian?
    Yeah, it's me.

Yeah. What about you?
    No, I was just coming to watch, in case you showed up. Looks like you were a step ahead. April's there too. We'll be cheering for you.
    Thanks.
    Hey, do you want to have one more battle? For the past? I can say I was the last person you fought before you took the challenge.
    Sure. Let's go.
    ---
    Well I can't compete with that. You've got what it takes to beat Lance and the League. Go get 'em. I'll see you there. Later.
    Thanks Adrian. I'll see you there.

Whew...alright. Here goes everything.

I am aware that the Shiny Onix is totally random, but I saw it and had to take a screenshot, and then it seemed like a waste to not use it.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-09-13 at 04:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whouw, a shinny onix!

Man, I can't wait to see the League fights AND what the heck is Lance up to
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

6. - Top - End - #636
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's good to see that you're still making progress and stuff. I was worried there for a while when there were no new posts on the thread.
    I'm back.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 33: Pokemon League Round 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright guys...Here we go...
    Human! I have returned to pay you the debt I owe.
    Ho-Oh?
    I seek retribution for my imprisonment, and he who calls himself the Dragon Master will find ruin at your hand. I have brought an ancient artifact from beyond this realm. It can restore to life any Pokemon that has fallen in battle.
    Restore to life...I can bring Ripper back! I've got to go! Can you take me to New Bark Town, I need to-
    I'm sorry. Its power is limited, and can only bring back the recently dead by reconnecting the spirit with the body.
    ...Oh
    Be strong, young trainer. Dangerous opponents lie before you.
    I...I understand.
    Go forth and face your foes.
    ---

You must be the first member of the Elite 4. What's your name?
    I am called many things. William by those who live in this time, Gulielmus by those from a time long since past. Your friend Sir Misery, for example.
    ...You're the puppetmaster he told me about, aren't you?
    Hahahahaha. I suppose he would refer to me in such a manner yes. But let's dispense with the formalities, shall we? I'm here to stop you from reaching Lance. By any means necessary.
    Wait what...what are you doing?

Ending you.

Soul Capture.
    You won't win so easily, Gulielmus.
    Ah, Septimus, so kind of you to join me. Do you prefer Sir Misery? I would, if I were you. Your former name has so many...negative connotations. I'm surprised your vengeful shade is still here. And that it's grown so powerful...Is that an integrated possession I see? Surely you're not intending to fight me using that poor mortal's form?
    No. Janick's body cannot handle the strain. I'm just using it so that we may have a Pokemon Battle. After all, that's what we came here for, isn't it?
    Ha. Very well, if that's what you truly desire, Septimus. Go, Xatu!
    Graves! This is Sir Misery! Janick's soul has been trapped, so I'm inhabiting his body. Show our new friend here what you've learned.
    You'll never defeat me! Fear my speed! Quick Attack times five! Confuse Ray!
    Stay strong, Graves!
    Faint Attack! Shadow Ball!
    Impressive display. Is this some apprentice of yours, Septimus?
    Septimus? The warlock from the story?
    Now is not the time, Graves! He has another one coming!
    Ah! Faint Attack!
    Critical Hit!
    If that's all you've got, I'm afraid this battle is far from finished. Go, Slowbro!
    Faint Attack!
    Uh...Amnesia...
    His magical defenses have raised! Smash through them with the Shadow Ball!
    Shadow Ball!
    Curse...
    Shadow Ball!
    Body Slam...
    Agh! Shadow Ball!
    You insolent little pest...I'll finish you! Exeggutor!
    Graves, your aura is fading! Take one of Janick's potions!
    Egg Bomb!
    Faint Attack!
    Egg Bomb!
    Ah!
    Good dodge! Finish him with the Shadow Ball!
    Shadow...Ball!
    ...You've forced my hand, Septimus. I would've been willing to overlook your transgressions, even your cruel destruction of one of my top lieutenents. But destroying my team like this...Well I'm afraid it's something I just can't forgive. I hope you understand that I wll regret doing this.
    Graves! Retreat now! This is my fight.
    But-
    Rougela, my dear...
    Hello again...Septimus.
    Move aside.
    What's the matter? You don't look happy to see me. Is my form too revolting for you? You did this to me, after all.
    I did nothing of the sort. Gulielmus did.
    Come on Septimus. Why must you always deflect the blame?
    I advise you both to back away. My power has far surpassed both of yours.
    In that trainer's body? I don't think so. Good luck powering your spells through him.
    Would you care to see me try?
    Spare me the boasting. I know you. You won't attack Rougela. How about you exit that human's body, and I'll let you go?
    No. Shadow Ball.
    Ah...my head...My mind feels so...
    What...what did you do?
    Come on Gulielmus. Don't tell me you've forgotten? I created the Shadow Ball DIRECTLY to counter your brand of magic. It just took some application of my mental fortitude, and I was able to concentrate it on bypassing you enchantments. She's free now.
    No...NO! I will NOT be defeated! Especially not by the likes of you! Psy-
    Shadow Ball.
    Ugh...No...No...I...I can't believe it...I won't...
    Extraction. And now it's time for you to pay for what you've done.
    Don't...No! AGH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!
    He's finished.
    Septimus, I...I'm so sorry...I tried to resist the spells, every day I tried but his-
    I understand, Rougela. You're free now.
    Not free...In this form, I can be just captured again.
    Perhaps. As it is, I've spent much of my time researching a spell to reverse the transformation. Close your eyes. Rebirth.
    Septimus...Oh Septimus, I don't know how to thank you. It feels so right to be back in my human body. Let's run away now. You and I, both human.
    This body is not mine. I cannot.
    Then return yourself to human form!
    It cannot be like it was, Rougela. I am not the creature I once was. I am a being of malice and revenge. I cannot be with you.
    But...
    I am sorry. Please, take the gift I have given you and leave. You have a long life ahead of you. Spend it wisely.
    I...Thank you, Septimus. I love you.
    She's gone.
    I know.
    So you're Septimus?
    I am.
    If you had a spell that could return you to a human body, why did you wait until now to use it?
    That spell is no ordinary spell. It requires...a portion of my soul. I can never cast it again.
    But Sir Misery! Now you'll never be human again!
    ...Janick will wake up in a few minutes. You should get ready for the next fight, Graves.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good God Raist. You're not even gonna show us a fight from the E4?

IS YOUR NAME EVEN JANICK!?!??!

IS THIS EVEN A POKEMON LET'S PL-

But it was awesome.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-09-13 at 08:33 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Colossus in the Playground

That's why I could never do a Nuzlocke run. I could never pass up the chance to catch a shiny. When I first played Gold I ran into a shiny Oddish but ran out of pokeballs. I was eight; I thought if I reset and moved the exact same way I could have a chance of catching it again...

I never really forgave myself for losing that shiny, but at least I caught 10 others in my newer games, not counting events and Gyarados.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-09-13 at 08:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Good God Raist. You're not even gonna show us a fight from the E4?

IS YOUR NAME EVEN JANICK!?!??!

IS THIS EVEN A POKEMON LET'S PL-

But it was awesome.
    Not with screenshots, no, but I would hope the words would balance it out.

11. - Top - End - #641

This chapter is made of win.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

...You know, it would have been a true shame if Sir Misery hadn't survived long enough for this.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Epic win!
    ...Wait a second, what happened to Janick's soul? Is he not going to take part in his own team's pokemon league success?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Extraction.
    Janick will wake up in a few minutes. You should get ready for the next fight, Graves.
    Sir Misery pulled it out of Gulielmus/Will and kept it in Janick's body. When he stopped inhabiting it, Janick's soul began to integrate itself back in his body.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-09-15 at 07:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Sir Misery pulled it out of Gulielmus/Will and kept it in Janick's body. When he stopped inhabiting it, Janick's soul began to integrate itself back in his body.
    Ok, Cool. I just missed thatn for a second.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 34: Pokemon League Round 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh...What happened? Sir Misery?
    Gulielmus removed your soul from your body, in an attempt to avoid a fight. I possessed you and fought on your behalf.
    Is he...
    Dead? In a manner of speaking. He will trouble us no longer.
    Was it the only way?
    Yes.
    Okay. We can't afford to be infighting right now, so I'm going to trust you, Sir Misery.
    Mm.
    Alright everyone. Gulielmus, or Will, or whoever he was, proved that this is going to be dangerous. I'm in this until the end, but if anyone wants to get out now, here's the chance. I shouldn't be the boss just because I have the technology to keep you trapped in little metal balls. I may be the strategist, but I don't want to keep anyone here against their will.
    Ophelia!
    Murder! Murderface!
    Poseidon!
    Gra! Graves!
    They seem to be in agreement, Janick. However foolishly, they've decided to stay with you.
    And you?
    I suppose I have no higher calling to attend to.
    Alright. Let's go then.
    ---

Be on guard everyone. This guy looks a little off.

Oh yeah. he's crazy. Dammit.
    Janick! I am Koga! I am the 2nd Member of the Elite 4, and an illustrious Ninja Master! I am here on behalf of Lance, and I. Will. Kill YOUUUU!
    Can't we just have a Pokemon Battle instead?

Alright, I'm sick of this. Go, Murderface!

Ah! Murderface, get back! The floor is collapsing!
    At this point, you may have noticed that we are standing over a man made river...OF ACID! We'll have your Pokemon Battle...but on MY terms! For every Pokemon of yours that falls in battle, another part of the floor will crumble to the acid below! If you look behind you, you'll see that the way out has fallen. The only way out is through me!
    You're a psycho!
    Perhaps! Ariados, show this upstart what it means to be a ninja!
    ---
    It's so good to be out of that prison! I'm going to tear you in two! Hyper Fang!
    You foolish, undisciplined rat! My illusions will confuse you! Double Team!
    Two of you only means that there's twice as many to kill! Super Fang!
    Wrong one. Spider Web! You've walked right into my trap! You'll never escape now!
    Why would I want to escape this? Super Fang!
    Agh! Giga Drain!
    Hyper Fang!
    ---
    Fwahahahaha! Your mouse is formidable, but can he handle my Muk?
    Stay strong Murderface! You're doing great! Geez, I never thought there'd be a time where your bloodlust was so useful.
    ---
    I've never eaten a slime before! Let's see how you go down! Super Fang!
    Minimize! You'll never hit me now!
    Do you want to bet on that? Hyper Fang!
    Minimize!
    Was that a potion? Bah, all it means is I get to bite you again! Hyper Fang!
    Fool! I told you I couldn't be hit!
    Super Fang!
    Missed again. Minimize!
    Super Fang!
    Ugh...lucky shot! Minimize!
    Hyper Fang!
    Sludge Bomb!
    ---
    Murderface, return! Sir Misery, go!
    FWAHAHAHA! FLEE, tiny ray, FLEE!
    ---
    Sludge Bomb!
    Such a pathetic display. Ice Punch.
    That barely made a dent! Who's the pathetic one now?
    Shadow Ball.
    No...no...
    I believe it's still you.
    ---
    Grrr...you will pay! Venomoth!
    Sir Misery! Incapacitate it!
    ---
    Quite a large word for you, Janick, but I'll oblige. Hypnosis. Ha. And now for my Dream Eater!
    ---
    Down to only two? That's alright, these are my best ones! Forretress! Go!
    Ophelia, you can beat this guy! Take him out!
    ---
    Protect!
    You can't protect yourself from my flames! FLamethrower!
    ---
    You fool! Don't you know about Ninjas? We work best alone! Crobat, you're the last one! Destroy them all!
    ---
    I'm faster than you can imagine, and my illusions will only work in my favor. Double Team!
    I can take away that speed! Dragonbreath!
    Agh! Muscles...twitching...
    Flamethrower!
    Double...Team...
    Damn, a berry! Dragonbreath!
    Toxic...
    Agh...I feel so weakened...Flamethrower
    Too many of...me...Double...Team...
    Flamethrower!
    Missed...again...
    Flamethrower!
    Wing...Attack...
    So...weak...
    ---
    Fwahahaha! Do you see what I mean? Even wounded and paralyzed, my Crobat is more than a match for your Charizard!
    Ophelia! Take a Full Restore!
    ---
    Quick Attack!
    I'm back at full strength! Flamethrower!
    No...how could this...happen...
    ---
    Step aside Koga! I just beat your entire team without losing anyone!
    The first rule of a Ninja Master is be prepared! The second rule is ALWAYS cheat! Ha!
    No! The floor! Aghhh!
    Phelia! Ophelia!
    Thanks for the save, Ophelia.
    You are no match for my Ninja powers! Ha!
    Dodge him, Ophelia!
    Ugh! To the acid I go!
    Grab him!
    Ophelia!
    I will die before being saved by the likes of you! Enjoy your victory while it lasts, child! You will perish before the League! FwahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAA!

17. - Top - End - #647

Whouw...I never imagined a crazy Koga...XD

That was a nice one
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

18. - Top - End - #648

The elite 4 don't seem to be doing well with the whole staying alive thing...

A good chapter at any rate, can't wait to see how the rest of it goes.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

His dialogue certaintly lent itself to your cause.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Why didn't Hector respond in the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Why do you think?

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

He's not coming along? I have a feeling I missed something ...

Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

23. - Top - End - #653
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmm... I wonder what Bruno and Karen will be like.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    He's not coming along? I have a feeling I missed something ...
    Hector hates Janick for getting his father killed. If there is anyone less likely to be enthusiastic about fighting for Janick, I don't know who they'd be. 'Cept maybe Lance's dragonites.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I knew Hector didn't like Janick, but it seemed like an odd thing for neither Sir Misery nor Janick to comment on Hector's lack of response.

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Janick didn't hear it. It's hard to show using just the words that all the Pokemon responded at once, but they did, and so Janick didn't notice. Sir Misery just didn't feel like saying anything about it, because "We're with you" sounds more impressive than "We're with you except for that one guy who hates you".

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, okay then. Well, that answers my only question about this! Great job! I always found the "Fwahahaha" laugh very disturbing, and now you've made me see that everyone who uses it is insane! Thank you very much for this revelation

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

That evil laugh of Koga's, while hilarious, was quite disturbing. Especially while he did it in the midst of falling into a pit of acid.

I can only imagine what the other members of the E4 will be like.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Irony would be the Dark trainer being actually nice, but I have trouble seeing that happen.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 35: Pokemon League Round 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...So that's how it's going to be, I guess.
    Ophelia?
    Lance isn't screwing around here. He wants us dead, and his lackeys aren't going to fight fairly. I think we can only assume it's going to get more difficult from here.
    Ophelia...
    I don't like where this is going, but if we turn back now, everything was wasted. Everyone we lost, and even Will and Koga. We need to make Lance pay. It's time for the third fight.
    ---

Well at least this guy looks somewhat less crazy than the last two.

I'm-
    I know who you are, Janick. I am Bruno of the Elite Four, and it is an honor to have a trainer of your caliber in my dojo.
    Er...Thank you?
    I hope you won't take what I'm about to do to you personally. If I had my own way, this fight wouldn't have to happen, but alas, I'm under orders.
    Look, you seem like a decent enough guy. Why are you working for a bastard like Lance?
    Many years ago, I was the sole practitioner of a great fighting style. I lived on top of a frigid mountain with only my Pokemon for company, and over the years, we perfected our strength and agility to near superhuman levels. On this mountain, a great jewel rested, and my family had guarded it for generations. Many challengers sought me out, and fought me for the gem, and each fell to my Pokemon and I. I grew arrogant, believing myself the strongest man alive. After some time, I was challenged by a young Dragon-user named Lance. He destroyed my team without a second thought, and forced me to submit the gem. Since then, I have served him, faithfully, as I will until the end of my natural life.
    But why would you want to serve someone who stole your family's heirloom?
    I respect strength. It is the only valuable skill in this world, and I would follow it to the ends of the earth. I have pledged my allegiance to the Dragon Master, in recognition of his strength, and his orders are my calling. I have fought him many times, and each time leaves a new scar.
    So you submit to someone who crushes you for pleasure?

Do you feel my power? Can you detect my strength?

You might be stronger, but I've also made a pledge, and that's to bring down Lance through whatever means necessary.

Oof! Ugh...my...stomach...
    Come on Janick, at least make it sporting! That was barely a tap! Hitmontop, destroy them!
    Go...Poseidon...
    ---
    You look strong. I'm going to enjoy fighting you.
    You and your trainer are going to regret hurting my friend.
    Are we now? Well then let's see it! Quick Attack!
    Earthquake!
    Hmm. A decent move. Quick Attack!
    I guess that didn't make enough of a dent. Let me show you the power of my primal element. Surf!
    Your power is great, but you're too slow to keep up! Quick Attack!
    Earthquake!
    ---
    I'm impressed, Janick! I wouldn't have thought you'd be the type to own such a powerful Pokemon. Still, I'm sure my Hitmonchan is more than a match for it.
    Poseidon, get out...of there! Ophelia...
    ---
    You're fighting me now!
    I look forward to it. You're no match for my Thunderpunch!
    Ugh...That's a good hit, but my Flamethrower is better!
    Hmph. You have no physicality in your moves. You can't hope to keep up with me. Thunderpunch!
    I can't keep up with you? Well what do you think of this? Flamethrower!
    ---
    I suppose I misjudged you, Janick. This isn't as easy as I expected. I'm glad. But now you'll face my strongest Pokemon! Go Machamp!
    *cough* Ophelia, you're too weak. Switch with Poseidon *cough*.
    ---
    Rock Slide! I know how you Flying types hate that move!
    Ugh...I wasn't expecting that...
    Step aside, Poseidon. I know how to deal with these martial types.
    Switching won't protect you against my attacks! Rock Slide!
    Perhaps not, but my other abilities may prey on your natural weaknesses. Hypnosis!
    Ha...I won't fall...to your magic...trickzzzzzz.
    Of course not, you simpleton. Dream Eater. Dream Eater.
    ---
    Alright, now I'm mad. I'm down to my last Pokemon. Go, Onix!
    ---
    Hypnosis. Hector, it is now your time to fight.
    No. I won't do it. Not here.
    You WILL do it, unless you wish to shame your father's memory forever.
    Very well. I shall continue the fight.
    No, let me have a go.
    Ugh...I hate falling asleep on the job! Sandstorm!
    Come on you big rock! Let's have this fight!
    You idiot. My Earthquake will take care of you!
    You sure about that? Surf!
    ---
    It's over Bruno. That was your last Pokemon.
    That might've been my last Pokemon, but this is far from over! Remember that fighting style I told you about? Well now it's time for you to see it in action! HAH!
    Ah...Your leg muscles...they're huge!
    My kicking skill is unmatched! Let's see how your Feraligatr handles it!
    Hector get back! Regroup!
    ---
    Come on you stupid Human! I'll crush you!
    You think you're the best? Prove it. Swagger!
    I am the best! I'll tear you to shreds! Ughhhhhhh! Agh!
    Fighting is all about discipline, fool! If you don't have it, you'll never amount to anything. Hi Jump Kick!
    AGH!
    You rushed right into my attack. It's a pity you have to go down like this. Low...Ki-
    ---
    Agh! You're not killing any of my teammates!
    You insolent...Low Kick!
    Dammit! Agh...
    You had to involve yourself didn't you? You just had to run in to save your friend. Life is a struggle, and only the strongest survive.
    ---
    Hm. I'm surprised. You inherited your father's fortitude. He had the habit of hanging on when every fiber of his body begged for death's release.
    Don't talk...don't talk about my father like that...
    Ah, but it was so true. He was devoted to Janick, Ripper. In fact, in the battle against Clair, Janick tried to recall your father, to keep him safe, but Ripper wouldn't give up a chance to further Janick's dream.
    No...It was his fault...
    Bah. Revenge is a motive for spirits like myself, but you have no reason to hate Janick. Your father loved him enough to throw himself in front of attacks for him, and eventually died for him. And Janick loved Ripper enough to just take an attack that would've ended your life, because you're his son. The least you can do is stop acting like a spoiled child. If you'd rather act like a brat, we can sit here and watch Janick get killed because he was saving you. If you'd rather try and be HALF the Pokemon your father was, you'll get up and finish this fight now.
    I...I...don't know what to do.
    ---
    It all ends here, boy.
    You'll have to kill me yourself...if you want me to give up.
    It would appear that that is my only choice. Low...
    ---
    Ea...Earthquake!
    Agh! No! I can't be outfought!
    I told you...I'd crush you....Earthquake.
    No...
    ---
    Thanks...Hector...
    He...Hector.
    Come here buddy...Let's all get fixed up before the next fight...