New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    What if we read it to you in truespeech?
    IZ42, quote this one instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Questioning basic needs, passing off work, quickly dwindling health, and drugs?! This case of chaos is catastrophically... chaotic! We need a cleric!
    I have levels in cleric. Do you need fixing?
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    I was waiting for you, actually.

Frostbite Halo
    Descriptor: Cold
    Class: Vizier
    Slot: Headband
    Save: Will
    Illusionary snowflakes dance distractingly around the area, blinking in and out of existance until rushing out to bring ice to your foe's very soul
    The user of this Veil adds one point to any Cold damage he deals, and can ignore five points of Cold Resistance any time he does so.
    Essence: Every point of Essence invested into this Veil increases the cold damage done by one and the amount of Cold Resistance ignored by five

Bind: Any creature dealt Cold damage by you loses access to all Insight and Morale bonuses for one round. This is a mind-affecting effect.
    Damn that cool. The anti morale and insight would be killer in PvP. XD
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-27 at 06:25 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Last edited by Illven; 2015-04-27 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I give my permission, if anyone's interested in doing one for me.
    Have one when I get back to my computer!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Should anyone have an interest, I give my permission to get Soulmelded.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I give my permission, if anyone's interested in doing one for me.
    Bad Wolf's Pelt
    Descriptors: none
    Class: Daevic, Guru, Vizier
    Slot: shoulders
    Saving Throw: none
    First shaped by hunters in the savage north, the this pelt lends you the strength of the wild hunter.
    You gain the scent ability with a range of 30 ft (modified by wind as usual).
    Essence: For every point of essence invested in this veil, you gain a +2 competence bonus to survival checks to follow trail by scent and 1 DR/silver.
    Chakra Bind (shoulders): [D10, V10] With at least 1 essence invested you can turn into a wolf as Beast Shape I as a standard action with unlimited duration. Changing back requires a standard action. If you have at least 3 essence invested you may instead change per Beast Shape II and may take the form of a dire wolf. With 5 essence invested you may use Beast Shape III and turn into a worg or giant dire wolf. With 7 essence, Beast Shape IV and turn into a winter wolf or elder worg. You cannot reassign essence from this veil while changed. If essence is removed (by essence burn, spell effect, or other cause) you immediately revert to your normal form. This veil counts as wildshape for feats and effects that modify wildshape, such as wild speech or powerful wildshape.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-04-27 at 07:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I give permission. I forgot to do it earlier.
    Snowbluff's Minion Band
    Descriptors: Cold
    Slot: Ring
    You summon a servant from the icy depth of the Everfrost
    You may call a warrior of snow and ice with a 10 minute ritual. This warrior is a medium sized mindless construct with half of the creator’s total hit points, attack bonus equal to the veilweaver level plus veilweaving modifier, saves as a construct with HD equal to veilweaver level, and a MW martial weapon and breastplate with which it is proficient. The construct is healed by cold damage and vulnerable to fire. For all other purposes it has 16 str, 14 dex, - Con, -Int, 10 Wis, 10 Cha. The construct may be dismissed as a standard action, destroying it.
    Essence: With 1 essence, and every 2 essence thereafter (3,5,etc), the construct gains 5 temporary hit points and +1 natural armor. With 2 essence invested and every 2 essence thereafter, the construct’s weapons gain an enhancement bonus equal to half the invested essence. Once created, any essence in this veil is locked until the construct is destroyed or dismissed.
    Chakra Bind (ring):[V9] You may create a number of such constructs equal to the amount of essence invested in this veil. The total hit points of the created constructs cannot exceed twice your maximum HP and no one construct can have more than half of your total HP.

To give his other servants a break.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm aware that this is not the topic for this thread but I kind of want to write up Red Fel and maybe Snowbluff as Elder Evils. I'd still of course contribute on-topic things to this thread that are both helpful and supportive of the community*.

*Definition of the aforementioned term 'on-topic' may vary, as will the terms 'helpful' and 'supportive', based on current views of the state of the thread. This contract may not apply at the discretion of the poster from the times of 6:00 AM to 12:00 AM Sunday through Saturday. This contract also may not apply if said poster is placed under conditions of stress, as defined at their descretion, by School, Extracurricular Activities, Life, Snowbluff, Daemon summoning rituals gone wrong, or their cat overlord demanding attention.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Interesting. Most interesting. I like how it substitutes veilweaver level for BAB, that's quite clever. Is that uncommon with veils? I think you may have some typos, however - I assume that the G2 under Hands means that it gets used by Gurus, but you don't list them under classes, and under Wrist you mention "as the wrist bind." I love that the veil knocks things prone, that's clever, but the real fun bit is the susceptibility to charm and dominate effects. That brings new definition to knocking someone silly. I do like.
    Several veils, especially ones on the vizier list, allow veilweaver level to replace BAB if you are targeting full AC, but generally not for touch attacks.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I'm aware that this is not the topic for this thread but I kind of want to write up Red Fel and maybe Snowbluff as Elder Evils. I'd still of course contribute on-topic things to this thread that are both helpful and supportive of the community*.
    That will be next, I promise. I decided to help Sslarn out with his collaboration and voting suggestion by getting this underway.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

I just came up with a cool name for you, and added the distraction effect. The rest just flowed from it. Well, that, and I wanted to make something that would cause the Polar Snowshoes to be worth half a rat's tail. The Frostbite Halo is made to pair well with Storm Gauntlets, Polar Snowshoes, Hand Cannon, and a bunch of offensive Crafter stuff.

EDIT: Stack, did you like yours?
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-04-27 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Permission granted.

I'll refrain from making any contributions given the contest I put forth.

(Also, I'll let the community decide the winner, but Frostbite Halo is my personal favorite so far!)
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2015-04-27 at 08:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Permission granted.

Or you could just disqualify yourself from the contest. C'mon Ssalarn make a Veil of me. Red Fel keeps scaring off all the other posters because he always makes mine.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Or you could just disqualify yourself from the contest. C'mon Ssalarn make a Veil of me. Red Fel keeps scaring off all the other posters because he always makes mine.
    Okay, I've got an idea for you. I'll try and get it drawn up and posted either after dinner or tomorrow when I put out the next Pharaoh update.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Okay, I've got an idea for you. I'll try and get it drawn up and posted either after dinner or tomorrow when I put out the next Pharaoh update.
    Speaking of which, did you get my PM about Pharaoh?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of which, did you get my PM about Pharaoh?
    I did, I think we should wait just a bit before the guide (ongoing discussion with Jade and a few tweaks pending).

16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I thought you liked greater faerunic deities beginning with the letter T.
    May Torm help us all... I can't ever leave you alone.

I have levels in cleric. Do you need fixing?
    AHHHH! I'm being driven mad! It's like living with tiny psychopaths!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

No, that's not until Wednesday. Do we need to send out another memo? You don't want us to send out another memo.
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Snowbluff's Minion Band
    Descriptors: Cold
    You summon a servant from the icy depth of the Everfrost
    You may call a warrior of snow and ice with a 10 minute ritual. This warrior is a medium sized mindless construct with half of the creator’s total hit points, attack bonus equal to the veilweaver level plus veilweaving modifier, saves as a construct with HD equal to veilweaver level, and a MW martial weapon and breastplate with which it is proficient. The construct is healed by cold damage and vulnerable to fire. For all other purposes it has 16 str, 14 dex, - Con, -Int, 10 Wis, 10 Cha. The construct may be dismissed as a standard action, destroying it.
    Essence: With 1 essence, and every 2 essence thereafter (3,5,etc), the construct gains 5 temporary hit points and +1 natural armor. With 2 essence invested and every 2 essence thereafter, the construct’s weapons gain an enhancement bonus equal to half the invested essence. Once created, any essence in this veil is locked until the construct is destroyed or dismissed.
    Chakra Bind (ring):[V9] You may create a number of such constructs equal to the amount of essence invested in this veil. The total hit points of the created constructs cannot exceed twice your maximum HP and no one construct can have more than half of your total HP.

To give his other servants a break.
    Oh yes. Now I can have a company-wide 1 minute lunch break to service their human needs. :D

I just came up with a cool name for you, and added the distraction effect. The rest just flowed from it. Well, that, and I wanted to make something that would cause the Polar Snowshoes to be worth half a rat's tail. The Frostbite Halo is made to pair well with Storm Gauntlets, Polar Snowshoes, Hand Cannon, and a bunch of offensive Crafter stuff.
    Yeah the name is cool, too. Adding a bit o' cold damage is nice. If you're cold sorcerer or a mystic you can get some good work out of, it. >:D
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-27 at 08:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It could always be worse

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not a psychopath! Acting insane is just more fun!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still available to Cleric, you know. Of course I'm qualified, I took a correspondence course. I have a certificate around here someplace... Whatever. Step one of a proper Cleric-ing, if my memory serves, involves a greatsword. Lucky you, I happen to have one here!

Hold very, very still. Because this is really going to hurt.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Permission granted.

And there is number four of the ones I had pre-written. Ssalarn, yours is the Vizier equivalent of Daevic Essence, with abilities that change depending on your Path.

Ssalarn's Ring of Disruption
    There is something to be said for expertise in making one thing work. This ring is the spirit of the opposite, meant to rip the opposing efforts down.
    Unlike most Veils, this one has no effect unless Essence is invested. Its effects vary depending on the Path of Mystic Attunement you have chosen. If you do not have one, then choose one any time you shape this veil.
    Crafter: All allies within Close range of you gain an Insight bonus to saves against all effects generated by magic items equal to the essence invested.
    Ruler: Those subjected to your Aura of Subjugation also take a penalty equal to the invested essence to all Charisma-based skills
    Seer: One enemy within close range per point of Essence invested into this veil takes a -4 penalty on attacks of opportunity.

Bind:
    The effect of this Veil when bound depends on your Path
    Crafter: For every two points of Essence invested into Items, you gain one point of temporary essence. This temporary essence cannot be invested into items.
    Ruler: Once per encounter, as a standard action, you can force one enemy who is subjected to your Aura of Subjugation to make a Will save or else treat all creatures as enemies for one round per veilweaver level. This is a mind-affecting effect.
    Seer: Enemies within Close range cannot gain Flanking bonuses or use Teamwork feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: Stack, did you like yours?
    I did. Need to go back and read it carefully but it looked pretty cool.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Bad Wolf's Pelt
    Class: Daevic, Guru, Vizier
    Slot: shoulders
    First shaped by hunters in the savage north, the this pelt lends you the strength of the wild hunter.
    You gain the scent ability with a range of 30 ft (modified by wind as usual).
    Essence: For every point of essence invested in this veil, you gain a +2 competence bonus to survival checks to follow trail by scent and 1 DR/silver.
    Chakra Bind (shoulders): [D10, V10] With at least 1 essence invested you can turn into a wolf as Beast Shape I as a standard action with unlimited duration. Changing back requires a standard action. If you have at least 3 essence invested you may instead change per Beast Shape II and may take the form of a dire wolf. With 5 essence invested you may use Beast Shape III and turn into a worg or giant dire wolf. With 7 essence, Beast Shape IV and turn into a winter wolf or elder worg. You cannot reassign essence from this veil while changed. If essence is removed (by essence burn, spell effect, or other cause) you immediately revert to your normal form. This veil counts as wildshape for feats and effects that modify wildshape, such as wild speech or powerful wildshape.
    Yes! Finally got something from one of these threads. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Shhh, shhh. No tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Oh Paladin-sensei. I didn't know you felt that way, but flattery will only get you so far.
    Spoiler: Do spoilers make it easier to loaf at work?
    Show

edit: new gif, to avoid being a copycat, hopefully
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-04-28 at 07:14 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

No, they don't. The images in the spoiler still load. Also, that's my gif for tsundere/bladecaster work. You can't use it.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

No, they don't. The images in the spoiler still load. Also, that's my gif for tsundere/bladecaster work. You can't use it.
    It is? hmm, i'm gonna have to find something else to use and scour my anime library.

I thought the spoilers would help that person trying to look at this stuff at work so it would be less noticable. As for loading can't you just stop loading the page after the text loads? or is that only firefox?

edit: also please not i typed loaf there, not load, and that is intentional. Unless i'm missing something and he's having more trouble just loading the page. I don't intend to go crazy with the gifs.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-04-28 at 07:15 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Stack's Third Eye
    Descriptors: Good
    Chakra: Headband
    Class: Guru

In the middle of your forehead, a third eye opens. It peers slightly forward and backward in time, letting you more easily see the patterns of combat and letting you gain crucial insight into both combat and the world itself.
    This veil gives you the ability to anticipate situations which would otherwise have been unforseeable and to act upon that knowledge. It gives a +1 bonus to Initiative, and to any save or skill check made to react to surprise (such as a Reflex save to avoid a rockfall, or a Ride check to keep your seat when you take damage).
    Essence: Increase the bonus to Initiative, Skill checks, and Saves by 1 per point of Essence invested.

Bind: Binding this veil greatly enhances your Philosophy's purpose. It only gives these bonuses if you have the Philosophy class ability, and only the one for your Philosophy.
    Akasin: Increase the capacity of your Gentle Touch by one, and when you Meditate to gain temporary essence an additional amount equal to the Essence invested in this Veil.
    Sineater: When attacking Evil creatures, Essence invested into your Gentle Touch is increased by half of what is invested in this Veil. Any time you confirm a critical hit against a creature with Intelligence of 3 or more, you can recover an additional point of Essence Burn.
    Vayist: Gain an Insight bonus to CMB and CMD equal to the essence invested in this Veil, and negate penalties to attack rolls (such as from Power Attack) up to half of what is invested in this veil.
    Base Shape - initiative is always good, combined with the other bonus makes it easy to keep this one full at least until combat starts for added protection. Disarm traps like a monk! Though if you notice the trap first, then you aren't surprised and don't get the bonus, but if you notice the trap you have other means of dealing with it. Especially nice for rogueish gurus but really benefits any of them.

Guru gets headband at level 11.

Akasin - increases gently touch capacity AND pays for itself in temporary essence. Essence of the immortal likes this one. A big boost to gentle touch too, wow. The gently touch boost is great for any fighty gurus, but since bonus damage is per hit an akasin with a bow or two-bladed sword (its actually useful!) gets real scary.

Sineater - smaller boost to gentle touch and only vs evil, plus another way to recover essence. Doesn't feel as strong as the Akasin's option, but sineaters like hitting things to recover essence, so you can afford to burn a lot of it with the right build. Not a lot of high-crit weapon on the list, so might need that new feat to get a scimitar or kukri in. The extra accuracy wouldn't hurt anyway. Combine the essence regeneration with the sineater's ability to absorb damage and this guy gets scary.

Vayist - never really considered the guru for a strong base for a maneuver build, but this would neatly change that. This is a build-changer.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Much appreciated.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Snowbluff, you don't happen to use nichijou for something do you?

Current avatar by me