New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

*raises hand*

Technically, my Elder Evil is comprised of 42 separate entities. I think I win.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    *raises hand*

And Bad Wolf's is composed of a swarm of an infinite number of Wolves, Direwolves, Worgs, Werewolves, Winter Wolves, etc. I think infinite is bigger than 42.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    *raises hand*

I've got an EE that hunts EE and an EE that power leveled in the abyss. I am pleased with their prowess. I feel no need to compare power.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-22 at 11:20 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Marlowe, an Unwanted Shade of Grey

What happens when mommy archon and daddy fiend get together? That question has long been pondered by sages and loremasters the world over. Of course the question has been answered more than once, though it is not always answered the same way. Marlowe is one of these answers. The misbegotten child of the first fallen archon and his lover, Marlowe is half being of indescribable purity and half creature which had twisted this nature beyond recognition. (Kno the Planes DC 25) Called nephilim these halfbreeds of heaven and hell have massively varying powers and abilities. Of them all it is said the first was the greatest. Who his parents are is unclear in this modern age, some claim that his mother was Asmodeus and his father a now forgotten Throne Archon, others that his father was an archfiend long stricken from memory since the days of the the 28th dragon and his mother a solar not an archon. Whatever the truth, Marlowe was born of two extremely powerful parents, but without the approval and mandate of Heaven. Despite being born to Law, Marlowe was born with the stigma of Chaos, and while on the Planes Good and Evil have often joined blades together on the lines of Law and Chaos, Marlowe was of all four camps. (Kno the Planes DC 28) The power of Good flowed through Marlowe's veins, but the sins of the father ran deep, dreams of power coming to torment him nightly. His birth broke cosmic Law, tainting him forever in the eyes of the Lords of Order, for their control was stricter in the beginning for fear of the new found Order dissolving back into primal Chaos. Helped and accepted by the forces of Heaven Marlowe might have found peace between his warring halves of Good and Evil. Cast out the nephil wandered instead into the maelstrom of Chaos which was the early plane of Limbo. Shifting between its three identical layers, Marlowe's nightmares worsened day by day. One day Marlowe simply awoke in the Abyss. He had accepted Evil. He had accepted the Madness that flowed through his blood. Marlowe's birth had been a blaspheme against the gods of Law and Good, an act that caused an archon to fall, and now Marlowe's rebellion added to that blasphemy. (Kno the Planes DC 32) Marlowe allied himself with the forces of the Abyss, some say with the very malign sentience of that monster-plane, giving the primal obyriths of the plane two choices. Obedience or death. Those who opposed him, Marlowe killed, incorporating their soul-flesh into his own, becoming a creature unrecognizable as his former self. For a time even the Queen of Chaos feared Marlowe, knowing the nephil held his fiendish forebear's pride and would never stoop to serve an 'obyrith', if even he would serve another. Her forces avoided the nephil, and the nephil never even realized that the forces of Chaos were organizing. Marlowe led his train of obyriths from the Abyss, pouring onto the Outlands, screeching through the gate-town causing it to crash into the Abyss. He made for the then current gate-town of Mount Celestia, the first gate to the 7th Heaven, his demonic forces burning a swathe across the plane. The gods of Neutrality were enraged, demanding those of Lawful Good and Lawful Evil both bring their forces to bear. The gods were not yet willing to put aside Good and Evil against a common foe, so chose instead to each face his forces individually. (Kno the Planes DC 35) Evil met him first a mere token effort, after all he was after Celestia not Baator, which did little to truly harm his forces and more to allow the gods of Law and Evil to enter into a sporting Obyrith hunt. Good met him second, and met him in force, the celestial army that emerged onto the Outlands almost causing the gate-town to slip into Celestia then and there. The Planar Boundaries shifting as they fought Archon and Obyrith clashed. It was one of the Hebdomad, one of the original Tome Archons, who faced against Marlowe that day and whether they lived or not history does not tell, but the first nephil was brought low. (Kno the Planes DC 38) Few know, however, that Marlowe was not slain, but merely wounded, his planar nature leaking. He had heavily altered his soul-flesh, turning himself into an abomination, and his soul was literally falling apart as he fled. The nephil fled into the Lower Planes, last seen crashing into the River Styx itself, disappearing from the knowledge of gods and men (Kno the Planes DC 41).

Goals:

Marlowe's goal was vengeance. The destruction of all Good and Law for their forsaking of Marlowe and his celestial forebear. It is for this cause he led a force of demons against Celestia. (Kno the Planes DC 32) The nephil has slept for millennia infused with the malign will of the Abyss and the soulstuff of dozens of obyriths, leaving him forever changed should he re-awaken. (Kno the Planes DC 35) Where once he wished to destroy Good and Law now Marlowe's goals are twisted and perverted by the madness that has been raging through his soulbody for the history of reality, leaving his goals liable to be just as twisted. (Kno the Planes DC 38) Tainted by this madness Marlowe is no longer a foe of Law and Good. Marlowe is now a foe of alignment itself, believing that Good, Evil, Law, and Chaos are all equally as tainted. (Kno the Planes DC 44) To destroy these forces, though, Marlowe must destroy the forces that generate them... Marlowe must destroy sentience itself, and infused with the power of the Styx he might just succeed.

Sign:

Morose of the Mind

A mental fog drifts across the world, minds beginning to falter and grow sluggish.

General: Creatures which bind themselves to Marlowe are immune to the effects of this sign, as is Marlowe himself.

Faint: It becomes harder to form and access memories. Creatures suffer a -2 penalty to Int checks, and a -5 penalty to Autohypnosis checks to memorize information.

Moderate: Thought itself grows more difficult. Creatures suffer a -4 penalty to Intelligence (to a minimum of 1), and a -5 penalty to Knowledge checks or Int checks used in place of them (including Bardic Knowledge/Lore) this overlaps with (does not stack with) the -2 penalty to Int checks from the Faint sign. Autohypnosis checks to memorize information suffer a -20.

Strong: Creatures suffer a -8 penalty to Intelligence (to a minimum of 1). Autohypnosis checks to memorize information are impossible, and the Spell Mastery feat no longer functions. The Faint sign now applies to all planes.

Overwhelming: Intelligence is worn away and destroyed by Marlowe's power, the entire world quickly becoming as dumb as cattle. Creatures receive 1 point of Int drain every 12 hours until their Int is 1; creatures normally immune to ability drain instead suffer this drain every 48 hours but still suffer it. Memorizing spells is now difficult, each spell memorized counting as 2 spells of that level prepared. The Moderate sign now applies to all planes. Once there are no creatures other than Marlowe and those bound to him with 3 or higher Intelligence on a plane this effect becomes inherent to the plane even if Marlowe leaves or is slain.

Malefic Property:

Born Blaspheme
    The presence of Marlowe is an affront to the gods, and a flaunting of their powerlessness. Marlowe's existence is itself a hole in the power of the divine, a laughing, taunting mockery of them.

Effect: Divine Salient Abilities of deities with less than 21 divine ranks do not function within this malefic property's area of effect.

Traits/Tactics/Etc:

The nephil was frozen in a block of Styx ice, and washed onto a fledgeling Prime, the black ice of the Styx hiding him completely from divination submerging into a lake in the Prime. As long as the ice was submerged by water it remained frozen due to the magical nature of the Styx. Once it begins to thaw Marlowe's influence takes effect. When the sign reaches strong Marlowe is released from ice but is still weakened by the not fully stabilized souls within the nephil. While in this weakened state Marlowe will flee and hide, avoiding almost any confrontation. Once Marlowe has stabilized the souls within himself (his sign becomes Overwhelming) he will... continue to hide for the most part as he knows his sign will inevitably see his victory. He will however fight if attacked only fleeing if obviously outmatched (bring Dimensional Anchor).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Jormengand The Curse Spewer

In the darkest bowels of space lies Jormengand. Some say they are the creator of the first curse, some say they are the first curse. In any case the being known as Jormengand was banished to the farthest reaches of the universe by the gods and the Lady of Pain after they attempted to curse the universe. (Know Religion: DC 20)

What was the curse? That all gods be stripped of their power and that that power be transferred to Jormengand, who was then going to attack the Lady of Pain and become the ruler of all universes. However the gods discovered Jormengand's plot and with the help of the Lady of Pain, banished them unto the farthest reaches of space. But periodically Ur-Priests and cultists who hate the gods will call to Jormengand and give them a beacon to fly to, and where Jormengand walks, destruction follows.

Goals:
    To steal all the gods power and kill the Lady of Pain to rule the Multiverse.

Sign:
    Dark Wings, Darker Words

Effects:
    Faint: A strange creature called a Jabber Bird begins to appear. It appears to be a Black Parrot and can imitate people with great clarity. No one knows where they came from or why the name Jabber Bird pops into their head.
    Moderate: Curses become harder to resist. Anyone targeted by a spell with the [Curse] descriptor takes a -2 on the save, also anyone casting a [Curse] spell gets a +2 caster level. Jabber birds now occasionally attack people.
    Strong: Creatures now automatically fail their saves against any spell with the [Curse] descriptor. Jabber Birds are now incredibly aggressive and the largest are now the size of Albatrosses. Jabber Birds are now intelligent, they change their Int score to 6. Jormengand Manifests.
    Overwhelming:All Jabber Birds gain the SLA Bestow Curse 1/day, gain maximum HP for their HD and they all congregate together into a massive mile wide swarm somewhere on the world. Jormengand begins to travel to this swarm.

Malefic Property:
    In addition the normal Malefic Property common to Elder Evils Jormengand has Curse Master:

Curse Master: As a standard action Jormengand can cast any spell with the [Curse] descriptor or with Curse in the Spell name as an SLA, the save for this ability is DC 31+ the level of the spell.

Traits/Tactics:
    Jormengand has appeared on many worlds over the millennia and each time they have looked different. Jormengand is always a humanoid of some kind and they always have white hair, also they always appear in noble finery that looks like it has seen better days. Jormengand has 30 class levels, these will be different every time they appear.

Jomengand's goal is to make it to the center of the swarm. There they will complete the ritual to curse the gods and gain their power. Once in the center it will take 1 week to complete the ritual. Also the swarm generates an effect similar to the Tower of Pain, so the gods lose their power when near it and cannot affect it with their Divine Powers.

Spoiler: The Logic
    Show
    Yes, curses, all the curses!!!! Also Jabber Birds are a thing that Jormengand concocted in a thread about mutated animals a long time ago, while i have totally included them in Amerhikan Wasteland, they still dont have a stat block. Ill get to it eventually i swear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Spoiler: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon spoiler (yes, this spoiler is actually a spoiler for once)
    Show
    Is that a reference to the ending of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, when Jen leaps off the mountain into the mist?
    Nope. I've never seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon(Always wanted to, but life makes a fool of me frequently. ). It's just me making up a random method to disappear every time I comment in a non-serious thread, such as this.

Also, yes, I know, this is majorly late for a reply. My apologies, Extra Anchovies.

Also also, I'm still hoping this thread continues for a bit. I've never been an Evil anything in D&D before(though I am considering playing in an Evil campaign, just for the change of perspective.)

*Turns into a flock of ravens which flies away.*
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

So, I saw this...

Goals:

All things are imperfect. This is unacceptable. You will be upgraded into better, stronger forms.
    ... and thought this...

You can still write it Red Fel. Psybomb's gonna write me one too, so that'd put me at 3, making me the evilest one here
    All honesty, I kind of hit a wall after I got to "and then martials are awesome and casters suck and everyone tries to kill each other." I think what's been done kind of beats that.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    All honesty, I kind of hit a wall after I got to "and then martials are awesome and casters suck and everyone tries to kill each other." I think what's been done kind of beats that.
    I know you all can't possibly think of a time that I wasn't here, but believe it or not, I am somewhat new. So this statement that Red Fel made gives me a large amount of relief that I didn't mess up. Because if Red was going to do something similar, it means that I was at least going in the right direction.

Side Note:
    Red, I showed my regular 3.5 group the EE you made for me. They were utterly and entirely blown away by it. They also said that if I was an EE in the D&D universe, that that is exactly how I would be. So congratulations. You've hit the nail on the head.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Banned

So, I saw this...

... and thought this...
    See, I thought this:

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I know you all can't possibly think of a time that I wasn't here, but believe it or not, I am somewhat new. So this statement that Red Fel made gives me a large amount of relief that I didn't mess up. Because if Red was going to do something similar, it means that I was at least going in the right direction.
    Yes. We should all strive to emulate Red Fel.

Side Note:
    Red, I showed my regular 3.5 group the EE you made for me. They were utterly and entirely blown away by it. They also said that if I was an EE in the D&D universe, that that is exactly how I would be. So congratulations. You've hit the nail on the head.
    That statement has always bothered me. Where else would you hit a nail? I mean, there are only three parts - the head, the side, and the tip. Hitting the nail on the side would be counterproductive, and hitting it on the tip would be extremely difficult, likely painful, and counterproductive. Hitting it on the head is basically the only thing you can do.

It's like the saying, "have your cake and eat it too," as if to say someone is asking a great deal. What's wrong with eating the cake if I have it? And how could I eat it if I didn't have it?

Rant aside, sometimes the muse is really, really on-point. And other times she's... Well, a bit rude, actually. I accept your kudos with the requisite amount of gratitude.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. We should all strive to emulate Red Fel.

That statement has always bothered me. Where else would you hit a nail? I mean, there are only three parts - the head, the side, and the tip. Hitting the nail on the side would be counterproductive, and hitting it on the tip would be extremely difficult, likely painful, and counterproductive. Hitting it on the head is basically the only thing you can do.

It's like the saying, "have your cake and eat it too," as if to say someone is asking a great deal. What's wrong with eating the cake if I have it? And how could I eat it if I didn't have it?

Rant aside, sometimes the muse is really, really on-point. And other times she's... Well, a bit rude, actually. I accept your kudos with the requisite amount of gratitude.
    The point of the saying is that you can't simultaneously have a beautiful-looking cake to marvel at if you eat it. It's like saying "you can't eternally torture someone as well as kill them." Without resurrection or soul trapping magic, you can't continue torturing someone after you kill them.

BTW, there's a guy in the general RP forum who could use some advice on playing a sort-of Evil character, if you've got the time to give them a bit of advice.

EDIT: As for the phrase "hit the nail on the head", that's kind of the point: if you hit the nail anywhere else, you've done it wrong. Hitting the nail on the head means you've gone about hitting the nail in the correct manner.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2015-05-22 at 01:17 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The point of the saying is that you can't simultaneously have a beautiful-looking cake to marvel at if you eat it. It's like saying "you can't eternally torture someone as well as kill them." Without resurrection or soul trapping magic, you can't continue torturing someone after you kill them.
    1. It's called a photograph. Snap a pic, eat the cake. People do it all the time on Instagram. Alternatively, hire a sculptor and painter to reproduce it if you're that obsessed with aesthetically pleasing confectionery. Alternatively, hire the pastry chef full time, then you can look at magnificent cakes and eat them whenever you want.

2. You can't eternally torture someone, period, unless there's magical hoodoo in play. And if there's magical hoodoo, you can probably bring them back from the dead, so torture-kill-torture-kill is totally an option. Planning ahead, yo.

BTW, there's a guy in the general RP forum who could use some advice on playing a sort-of Evil character, if you've got the time to give them a bit of advice.
    Already done, chief.

EDIT: As for the phrase "hit the nail on the head", that's kind of the point: if you hit the nail anywhere else, you've done it wrong. Hitting the nail on the head means you've gone about hitting the nail in the correct manner.
    Well, clearly nobody consulted me on these idioms. That was their mistake.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-05-22 at 01:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

1. It's called a photograph. Snap a pic, eat the cake. People do it all the time on Instagram. Alternatively, hire a sculptor and painter to reproduce it if you're that obsessed with aesthetically pleasing confectionery. Alternatively, hire the pastry chef full time, then you can look at magnificent cakes and eat them whenever you want.
    Well, then you have an image of the cake, but you don't have the cake itself. I generally interpret the saying as "you can't eat the entirety of your cake today and still have some of the cake left over tomorrow", but that doesn't flow as well.

Well, clearly nobody consulted me on these idioms. That was their mistake.
    Yeah, idioms are really weird and frequently don't make much sense.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

So, I saw this...

... and thought this...

I DON'T HAVE A HALF-DRAGON FOR THAT... BESIDES MINE WOULD BE IN BLACK. TO THE LABS!

NOW SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-22 at 04:15 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Wambom, the Cleanser of Dragons

Tiamat, known by many as the Mother of All Evil Dragons, is as prolific as her title suggests. Her spawn include many of the most powerful species in the multiverse, creatures that have spread across the planes and whose ability to spread through lesser races' bloodlines reflect their mother's genitive properties. Even gods claim ancestry from the Mother of All Evil Dragons, Kurtulmak being the most famous of these. There is treachery in Kurtulmak's position as foremost child of Tiamat, however, and whispers tell that Kurtulmak has killed many of his would be deific siblings while they were still in the egg. His methods have changed over the millennia but his purpose is clear, he feels threatened by such potent siblings. (Kno Religion DC 26) His attempts are not always successful, however. Wambom is one such failure on his part. Tiamat had coupled with a god, some say Garyx, some say a dragon god whose name is now lost, some make other claims, and Kurtulmak fearing the progeny had seen to it that poison was laced into the dragon queen's food, an attempt to kill the yet to be born god. Wambom survived the attempt, but was born sickly and deformed, cast away from his mother for his wretched weakness. (Kno Religion DC 29) Cast into Dis, Wambom managed somehow to survive, growing to adulthood in the city of iron, before venturing from the Outer Planes to the Prime on a journey of discovery. It was here he met other dragons, and he met kobolds, and here too that he discovered his rage. Wambom learned of Kurtulmak's treachery and how he was denied his birthright, how the kobold god had robbed him of it. Wambom went berserk, killing and slaughtering the kobolds his brother so loved, slaying them by the hundreds. Kurtulmak took action, designing a trap for his sibling. In his rage, Wambom fell into the trap and found himself sealed in a demiplane, trapped until some creature could release him (Kno religion DC 34).

Goal

Wambom sought first and foremost revenge against his brother and his chosen race, and to claim his denied divinity. (Kno Religion DC 29) However his goals shifted during his war on the world. He saw the dragonbloods blessed with his mother's favor and he was enraged. They had claimed his birthright, they had taken it from him! Wambom's goals shifted to killing all these impure creatures, all those false beings who carried the blood of dragons in their being. (Kno Religion DC 32) Even that will not satiate Wambom's rage. Even among dragons there are those who are false. The spawn of Bahamut, and those who claim no lineage from his mother. These too must die. Then Wambom and his mother's children will take their place as the true and absolute rulers of the world. (Kno Religion DC 35)

Sign

Hatred in the Blood

Wambom's awakening causes his hatred to flow through the blood of those who are false, growing within it. His long imprisonment in an Astral Demiplane has caused his spirit to resonate with the bodies of dead gods and gain a certain divine totality stretching across his would be world.

Faint: Kobolds and creatures of the dragonblood subtype are affected by Wambom's sign and suffer a -2 penalty to ability and skill checks.

Moderate: All damage dealt to affected creatures is considered to be vile damage.

Strong: Non-true dragons are now affected by Wambom's sign. Ability damage dealt to creatures affected by it now cannot be healed except as if it were ability drain.

Overwhelming: True dragons, except Black, Blue, Green, Red, and White dragons, are now affected by Wambom's sign. In addition kobold's and dragonblood creatures must make a Fortitude save (DC 25) each day or die. This is a death effect.

Malefic Property:

Lord of Dragons

Wambom's presence weakens those who he considers false, even as it causes his mother's blood to burn in her true descendants, fueling their power.

Effect: Black, Blue, Green, Red, and White dragons in the area of this malefic property (including Wambom) have their breath weapons recharge 1 round more quickly than usual. Kobolds, dragonbloods, and dragons other than the above take damage equal to Wambom's hit dice each round they are within this effect.

Tactics/Traits/Etc

Wambom is sealed on an astral demiplane, his followers working to release him from without. This release requires the sacrifice of draconic blood, the more sacrificed the closer to freedom Wambom becomes. He is released into the world when his sign reaches Strong, setting forth to kill other dragons and dragonbloods himself to gain still greater power. His main servant before his release is Samhuradsalim, a gold dragon which has turned from its nature, and believes Wambom shall reward him with a position of power in the new world order. This is false. Wambom's first act when freed will be to kill Samhuradsalim and bathe in his blood, revealing to his full dragon followers his true end game, and slaughtering all half-dragons and non-true dragons among his followers. In addition to his Elder Evil traits Wambom is a quasi-deity (Divine Rank 0) and he takes the form of a white dragon. If killed he simply reforms at a random location on the plane as a black dragon. This repeats with him becoming a Green, Blue, then at last Red dragon. In this final form Wambom can be truly slain.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, I'm impatient. Time for a bribe.

First person to write me up as an Elder Evil, using my hints or not, gets me to write them up.

(And no, you need a full write-up of me before you qualify).
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

17. - Top - End - #347

I'll grant my permission for this.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Leliel, the Second Moon

Long ago great beings spread out throughout the galaxy. Titans on par with the gods themselves, each one born from a world, and as powerful as an entire population. Each of these titanic beings, known as tenshi, is almost wholly unique save for their power. These titanic beings occasionally come in contact with worlds with lesser life, dragons, humanoids, fey, and other such common races. When they do so they are mistaken for gods, for their power is like only that of those Outer Planar powers. (Kno Religion DC 29) Long ago such an entity came to this world. Taking the form of a second moon high in the sky, black and white mixing together, it sent down its 17 heralds or avatars and they moved through humanity as teachers and gods. They awoke magic within those who dwelt on the world, teaching them the arcane arts, making the first pacts with mortals. Even now some arcanists worship this entity, Leliel, as a god. (Kno Religion DC 32) These devotees claim that Leliel shall some day return to lead humanity into the stars along side it, granting us wisdom and world wide unity and fellowship. They say that Leliel's return will be heralded by the approach of his heralds, each a massively powerful being in their own right. These heralds will come to the world to prepare the way for their master, each arriving in turn, the same order that they first came. (Kno Religion DC 35) Some, though, tell another story. That Leliel did not come to teach or guide the mortals of the world. They say that this entity was no miraculous, benevolent being. That instead it was on the world to plant its seed, growing its child in the world's life force itself. These stories continue to say that Leliel will in fact return, his heralds arriving to protect its vulnerable fledgling as it emerges from the world. (Kno Religion DC 38) What only a few texts tell, written by ancient dragons which fly between worlds, is the true effects upon a world of such a child's birth. When born the child will rise forth from the earth and begin to suck it dry of what energy remains within it. The child will draw into itself the spiritual force of the planet, killing every creature upon it. The heralds acting to protect the child from assailants during this time. (Kno Religion DC 44).

Goals:

Leliel comes to teach the humanoid races and lead them into a golden age of enlightened sorcery which will see them safe from the monsters of the world. (Kno Religion DC 33) Or perhaps it comes simply to watch the birth of its child, the tenshi that will be born from this world, and to ensure it emerges to life peacefully. (Kno Religion DC 38)

Sign

The Erratic Star

Night by night the erratic star grew larger almost as if it moved closer to us. Eventually it grew large, far larger than a star, a second smaller moon of black and white. And still it approached, growing larger and larger, dominating the sky. As the erratic star grew so too did the power of arcane magic, mage's going madder and madder with it.

Faint: Arcane spells and invocations are cast at +1 CL.

Moderate: Arcane spells and invocations are cast at +2 CL. Whenever a creature casts an arcane spell or invocation it must roll 1d10 on a 1 they take a -4 penalty to Wisdom for 10 minutes, this penalty is cumulative but may not reduce a score below 1.

Strong: Arcane spells are extended and invocations are silenced and stilled. Whenever a creature casts an arcane spell or invocation it must roll 1d10 as with the moderate sign, but on a 2-9 they take a -2 penalty to Wisdom for 10 minutes and a -4 on a 1 still, this penalty is cumulative but may not reduce a score below 1.

Overwhelming: Arcane spells and invocations are cast at +3 CL. Whenever a creature casts an arcane spell or invocation if their Wisdom is 10 or less they must make a Will save or be confused for 1 round as dreaded arcane secrets flow into their mind.

Malefic Property

Lord of Arcanum

Leliel and its heralds are immune to arcane magic.
    Benefit: The malefic property protects the creature with it from all arcane spells and effects unless it willingly allows them to affect it (as if SR Infinite).

Tactics/Traits/Etc

Leliel does not directly interact with the world. The most it personally does, unless the PCs fly out into space to face it, is grant divine spells to its worshipers (Knowledge, Magic, Gluttony, and Evil domains). It instead acts through its 17 heralds, or more accurately 16. Its first herald is already upon the world, the seed which grows into the new tenshi. The other 16 will arrive onto the world 4 a sign, in ascending order of power with the exception of the 1st herald which arrives. This herald takes the form of a charismatic human arcanist and will work in the populations of the world to prepare the way. The other fifteen heralds are each monstrous creatures of colossal or greater size and varied powers (each has elder evil traits and Leliel's malefic properties). When the situation is ripe the young tenshi will rise up onto the surface of the earth. It is stationary, but a powerful colossal+ creature, which immediately begins draining the world of its spiritual energy. The heralds will move to protect this vulnerable child and during this process it can be slain. Once it is done the souls of all creatures within the lunar orbit are absorbed with it, and sapient life can never again be created on the planet. If the child tenshi is slain, Leliel will leave.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    Okay, I'm impatient. Time for a bribe.

First person to write me up as an Elder Evil, using my hints or not, gets me to write them up.

(And no, you need a full write-up of me before you qualify).
    Rlerlierl, Jaw of the Gods

The maw wasn't always there, gaping in the center of the worlds. Some say that it was created by the mad wizards who create the owlbear and the tarrasque... but some know the truth. The world was a much simpler place before the shattering of the Great Mind, and it's body had enough power alone that each dying segment became a powerful entity in it's own right. The maw is just the most prevalent one. It gnaws it's way in and out of other universes, consuming the fabric of the planes to sate it's dying hunger.

Goal

There is no goal, only the hunger. If there was any goal to satisfy it, those who know it would do anything to accomplish it they would do so out of desperation. The end is nigh, and we only have to wait until when.

Perhaps if someone could bring it back to the other pieces, and put them together- just force them into the same place and- wishful thinking. We need a way to end this... thing before it ends us.

Sign

The Dying Hunger

Faint: Carrion birds feed themselves on the dead and dying until they gourge themselves to death.

Moderate: Bite attack deal damage as if they were two size categories larger, and deal vile damage.

Strong: All creatures are exhausted if they do not rest for the day. If they do rest, they are fatigued. This fatigue does not stack with fatigue from other days of rest. Resting after being exhausted from this effect will improve the creature's condition to fatigued.

Overwhelming: All creatures suffer a -4 to wisdom, and need to eat twice as much in a day. If they do not eat enough in a day, they must make a DC 20 will save or attack another creature in order to eat its flesh.

Malefic Property

The Last Morsel

The Jaw must feed on everything. The will of others is consumed by this need.

All creatures in the presence of the Jaw must make a will save of 20 or aid the Jaw in its quest to feed itself. They attack other creatures indiscriminately with their unarmed or natural attacks. They have a -5 to this save if they have a bite attack. They heal HP equal to the amount of damage they deal with bite attacks.

Traits

The jaw is just that. It's a colossal size lower jaw of a humanoid creature that must have been massive. The top part of the Jaw is formed when it chews on the very existence of the plane, and is composed of the flesh eaten by creatures influenced by the Jaw. These are usually bits of other creatures, starting with carrion and moving up up larger creatures and the mad influence is spread. They are cobbled together in a nonsensical manner that defies any further description. The Maw will make precisely one bite as it surfaces out of the nothing that makes its home. Afterwards, it will return from whence it came, letting the chewed chunks of creature rain from the sky. The bite it takes is unstoppable by current methods, and the damaged caused in undetectable by mortal means, but one day, aeons, the Jaw will awaken from its millennia long slumber that follows each bite, and take the final bite, and the world will crumble, and its inhabitants will fall into the nothing.

EDIT: YUKINA DAMMIT, ninjaed. Zaydos, delete that. D:
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-22 at 08:53 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: YUKINA DAMMIT, ninjaed. Zaydos, delete that. D:

My comp crashed twice during it too. And hey don't you already have 3 elder evils?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-22 at 08:22 PM.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    My comp crashed twice during it too. And hey don't you already have 3 elder evils?
    Zaydos, that was written while I drunk and crushing the hopes of an MtG player in a cube. He has his little 2/2 guy and I put out a grave titan. I embody the emptiness in the world. 3 Evil is too few.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Wambom, the Cleanser of Dragons
    Neat. I approve of this. Real me quite likes Dragonwrought Kobolds, but real me isn't an Elder Evil. So far as you know.

I should probably write an Elder Evil up for somebody, eh wot?

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    Neat. I approve of this. Real me quite likes Dragonwrought Kobolds, but real me isn't an Elder Evil. So far as you know.

I should probably write an Elder Evil up for somebody, eh wot?
    I realized looking over the 2 rules about not mentioning kobolds. I just figured it made a usable/fun story. Meant to actually note that Tiamat probably blocks Kurtulmak from interfering this time because she's sick of what he's been doing and wants to see him suffer.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

I've been trying to come up with one of these things, but i got writers block on the effects of the sign. Probably going to hunt some zinogre in MH4U for a while to think while praying for a skymerald. Also I am suddenly distracted by my cat, she has been an adorable little brat ever since we got her for christmas, but suddenly she is acting like a type 2 tsundere. Super shy like a school girl whenever i am around, very demanding of snuggle time and personal space while we are in my room.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #355

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

I considered ripping off Transformers the Movie instead and going with a giant toy planet which eats planets and other smaller toys and calling it the Jaw of God... I decided ripping off Eva was more fun.

Also hey, I ripped off more than just episode 16 of Eva... actually I ripped of episode 16 less than I should have because Leliel had neat stuff in it. I am assuming that's the episode with Leliel... I never did see all of Eva... And I've said too much...

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

I considered ripping off Transformers the Movie instead and going with a giant toy planet which eats planets and other smaller toys and calling it the Jaw of God... I decided ripping off Eva was more fun.

Also hey, I ripped off more than just episode 16 of Eva... actually I ripped of episode 16 less than I should have because Leliel had neat stuff in it. I am assuming that's the episode with Leliel... I never did see all of Eva... And I've said too much...
    It's ok, Eva was over-rated. The only reason I didn't mind watching it was because I knew going in to it that the writer was using it to vent while he went through some horrible stuff. Gave it a strange perspective that made things make sense. Otherwise I probably would have just stopped watching. Not really a must see anime, maybe a classic, but not a must see.

... wait, this isn't the anime thread...
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-22 at 10:33 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

I grant permission, if anyone's interested.
    Red Mage avatar by Aedilred.

Where do you fit in? (link fixed)

RedMage Prestige Class!

Best advice I've ever heard one DM give another:
    "Remember that it is both a game and a story. If the two conflict, err on the side of cool, your players will thank you for it."

Second Eternal Foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Damnit Marlowe. It's 1 in the morning and I'm trying not to wake anyone up. You can't make me laugh like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Moon View Post
    How many times, when the Fighter says "I draw my sword", did you just want to smack that cheating-optimizer in the face and say "No! You don't draw your sword! You draw Orcus!". When the Cleric says "I run away from Orcus!": "No! You run into Orcus! Rogue tries to hide? He hides behind Orcus! The bard in a tavern on the other side the town tries to order a drink? How about a nice frothy mug of Orcus?
    The clone Rudisplorker, doppelganger of Threadnaught.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Leliel, the Second Moon
    As I promised (besides, I like this one better):

The Fable-Wyrm, Eater of Legends

All stories have power. This seems like an empty platitude, but the finest scholars of the world, in particular divinity and bardic magic, have discovered that myths, especially archetypal, repeated ones, carry a measure of memetic power enforced by the minds and spirits who find importance in them. Some have also theorized that these stories are also something of a life form in their own right, and gods are symbiotes with them. (Religion DC 20)

Said scholars have also found evidence that suggest some gods are not symbiotic at all, but parasites. By inserting themselves into the legends of other gods, they force those gods' worshipers to acknowledge their own existence, and thus leech off the mimetic power without actually creating and supporting myths of their own. While it is believed the vast majority of these gods are actually symbiotes with at least a couple myths (for example, Grummush and the stories orcs have of their creation, with his parasitism being the presence of orcs in other stories), there are rumors of at least one entity that absorbs mythic resonance entirely through parasitism. This being, sometimes known as the Fable-Wyrm, is said to favor stories of Elder Evils, as the gods would resent one of their own contributing absolutely nothing at all. (DC 25)

In fact, the Fable-Wyrm is quite real, but he is not a god. Rather, his true nature is that of an entity whose name is best represented in mortal languages as Mnlqbf, a "dragon" from a strange universe in which the basic laws of reality are not mathematics, but literature. The Eater of Legends is a member of a species of antagonists, specifically those taking after mighty guardian creatures to feed off the stories of hoards and those who would claim them. Due to a genetic mutation, however, the Fable-Wyrm could not properly digest the legends of wealth, but derived extra nutrition from stories of heroes. He is said to have come to this plane to seek a better food source. (DC 30)

While not an intentionally malevolent entity, the Fable-Wyrm is callous, uncaring, and oblivious. It is by his doing that several Elder Evils have been unleashed, as the stories created by those who would reseal or banish them is enough to sate him for a decade (and to be frank, he likes watching explosions). If the world must die to feed his appetite, so be it; there are millions of other worlds out there, and besides, noble tragedy has a unique and potent taste. (DC 33).

Goals

The Fable-Wyrm's desire and goal is to provoke meaningful conflict, preferably that which results in acts of incredible skill and courage, since the memetic energy produced by those stories is his preferred diet. Other than that, the Eater of Legends seeks entertainment, and will regularly manipulate things to cause mishaps, troubles, and general hilarity for his amusement. He's always open to mortal ideas of what might cause those things, whether the mortals wittingly inform him, or not.

Sign

Um...

The Fable-Wyrm was never imprisoned, and is in fact effectively omnipresent. He's wherever the story needs him to be at the moment, and when one is involved in his legends, that means his invisible, intangible blue form is everywhere. He does not have a true Sign, although many may believe otherwise as he manipulates things to be more entertaining and nourishing (ie, hilariously wrong).

Malefic Property

Besides the normal qualities of an Elder Evil, the Eater of Legends has a unique ability:

In A Story, the Teller is God

Within the bounds of one of his plots, the Fable-Wyrm treats the entire area as divinely morphic, with himself as the divinity in question. He may even do things that change causality or seemingly random events, even create new people on the spot. The only way to avoid this is for a subject of his tales to declare that it isn't fun any more and walk off, excusing themselves from the story permanently.

Fighting

If you are trying to punch the Fable-Wyrm, either you have problems or he has gone way, way too far. Either way, he's not really supposed to be your antagonist, despite what he thinks.
    Last edited by Leliel; 2015-05-23 at 01:08 AM.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.