New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Which one equals "a guy who I was writing to be in no particular order:
    1-fill out the team slots
    2-be an Usagi counterpart where the guy with no kekkei genkai is the overdog (compared to Reina who must keep herself hidden) for once
    3-be an example of Yagura's propaganda effects
    4-is a credible threat to face at least for the Chuunin Exams but probably might come back later because the Chuunin Exams is a great place for first confrontations that set up later conflicts or allies down the line"?

So hopefully the first one? but there is no guarantee of that. That is determined by how we want the Chuunin Exams to go when we get to them (and not before). There is going to be a lot of characters there, and not all of them are going to make it to the final rounds. I'm pretty much over-making characters so that when we get to it, the choice of which team and character continues on aside from our own will be as hard as possible. and I haven't even gotten to the Konoha ones which will be even more numerous and thus have more chances than anyone else due to it being THEIR village.

its enough to make me think I may have been hasty about disallowing your twin dojutsu guy idea earlier, since there is going to be so many characters that will be eliminated that its going to be stiff competition.

but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys decided to pass him over to pick other characters to interact with, he isn't the most interesting guy on the roster, at least to me. a lot of this will consist of "lets see all these characters I've made clash against one another and see what story comes out of it" and "which character is your favorite, because not all of them are going to make it to round 3" because there will be so many variables that even I have no clue how the Exams themselves will turn out, as the plan I've set in stone are more about a certain event around or near the Exam, but not technically of it, and has nothing to do with the Exam's outcomes. I also favor Blood O, but thats just me and how that turns out might change.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

The first one.

Mostly I just figured that from what I see he seems like the type to antagonize people who he seems as part of the sol called "elite."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

It actually sort of the thing that keep me invested in One Piece- the world feel alive, and the world moving with more stories beside this of the protagnist.

I am again on crazy times, but I hope to be back to add my two yen lore as well and read more in depth of your's.
    Btw, Raziere, I was wondering, if you would like to showcase your clans, through Ameoku trying to win their support with her own dinners.

I was thinking maybe of Inuzaki genin who sworn to kill Ameoku. Our chunin exams could be lots of fun
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

You mean Kaguya and Ishikawa Clans? I mean sure but the entire point of them is they're involved in extra-village conspiracy involving the defeat of Yagura with the Kiri Rebels. Ameoku failing to gain their favor is a foregone conclusion to me, because she has no stake in getting Kirigakure while Jirou does, so of course they're going to support the guy who experienced the hardships they did at a young age and believes on some level that Yagura needs to be stopped.

the real question is whether they can keep themselves from being suspected by Ameoku of having plans that don't involve the village.

as for Inuzuka, cool sounds like a plan, I also have an Inuzuka jounin planned, but more of a detective type of person, to get a picture of a high level sensor type ninja is like.

I have a lots of Konoha genin and Jounin in the works, but I'm going to focus on getting the Ame nin ideas I have finished first. I've already finished two with custom lost bloodlines and am working on this Ame underdog type of thing, and another idea that is kiiiind of an underdog sort of but more well....you'll see. not sure about the Ame team leader however.

Edit: also, just a thought:
    -Rock Lee is capable of walking on walls and water
    -the wall-walking technique if performed improperly can make a tree's side explode.
    -if you can do this on your feet, why not your hands
    -therefore why not weaponize this "improper" use of chakra into a new jutsu to inject chakra into people to make limbs or something explode? its nothing with Hyuuga clan finesse, but it gets the job done.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-06 at 09:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #815

Would a young prodigy of the Senju clan who doesn't really want to be a ninja and would rather just meditate in the forest but was more or less forced into being a ninja anyway work as one of the Leaf Genin?

I'm thinking of "what would Senko's counterparts in other villages be like" and that's what most comes to me.

Person with a versatile bloodline who isn't exactly a traditional ninja and has non-ninja pursuits as well as an appreciation of nature.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Would a young prodigy of the Senju clan who doesn't really want to be a ninja and would rather just meditate in the forest but was more or less forced into being a ninja anyway work as one of the Leaf Genin?

I'm thinking of "what would Senko's counterparts in other villages be like" and that's what most comes to me.

Person with a versatile bloodline who isn't exactly a traditional ninja and has non-ninja pursuits as well as an appreciation of nature.
    I mean, I already have a Senju character in mind, and my own idea for Senko counterparts, but neither of them are like your concept, so go ahead. there can be more than one counterpart per village I think, as these kinds of foils don't need to be a binary thing. like there is more than one way to reflect a character and sometimes that reflection can be of more than one person.

though honestly, Senju Clan is realistically speaking going to be the most well-meaning and least evil if not good of the lot. they have Hashirama to live up to after all, so they're going to do what they can make sure that reputation keeps going- its the side effect of the tradition and belief they're supporting that is going to be the problems with them. but that maintaining the idealism isn't without cost, or without downsides. like Senju Clan is going to be the type of people, who invest in charities, humanitarian efforts, education, medical knowledge and such.....but that doesn't mean there isn't a downside to maintaining the image. they are going to be the goodest a ninja clan can get, simply because it makes sense for them to be that way. doesn't mean the rest of Konoha is the same way though, but it does mean the Senju are one of the bright white spots that make this morally complex because they are surrounded by greyer or blacker areas. after all, whats the point of the grey, its not protecting something better than itself?

like I can post my Senju Clan writeup if you want to see what I mean. I don't think your character would be nonsensical in the face of what I have in mind though, I just want to possibly inform you of what your character would be growing up with.

7. - Top - End - #817

Yeah, the write up would be nice. If nothing else I don't want to create a conflict.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

okay then lets put it up:

Spoiler: Senju Clan
    Show

Throughout the ages, this clan strives to do good. Even today they hold numerous charities, keep themselves up to date if not on the cutting edge of medical research to heal others, and willingly accept missions to use their wood release to build houses for civilians. Hashirama Senju and his journey, the most outstanding example of his clan is just one of many achievements the Senju have done. When Temujin Nara's plague ravaged the world, it was Gai-Lin Senju that created the first vaccine to combat it. Before that, the eccentric Mi-Thai Senju discovered the means of poison immunization by trying out small doses of it to immunize himself, he became immune to all poisons and no assassin could kill him.

Today, the Senju do what they can to keep Hashirama's vision of the Will of Fire alive. Hashirama was an idealist, uncompromising in his vision of peace, trust and compassion. They know that he originally conceived of the Will of Fire as a method of unity over clans fighting for themselves. Thus they work to keep the village unified and cooperative so that everyone can get along. More than that however they recognize that Hashirama's work is not done, and see the other nations as bigger clans. The fighting now comes in waves of massive slaughters like high tide then recedes into peace, rather than constant fighting but they know that is not good enough. Thus the Senju work to figure out a new ideology to expand upon or surpass the Will of Fire. In simple terms, they seek to unify all the shinobi nations in some manner.

The question is, how to achieve that? In the Senju clan its a matter of open and reasoned debate, with the traditional position being that Hashirama intended for that to be accomplished through diplomacy through agreements between the nations to slowly disarm and openly trade with one another to bring about a world more open to communication. However a different interpretation of Hashirama's actions is that its okay to use force to bring about this peace as long as that force is controlled so that casualties are minimized, after all he had to fight Madara to convince him to unify into Konoha and was the one who successfully captured Eight of the Nine tailed beasts in the first place, and that if one could similarly figure out a way to force the rest of the nations into unity it would bring about peace. A rare few Senju tire of this eternal debate and either rebel against it by being selfish or ignore it entirely.

On Konoha itself they view it as Hashirama's greatest achievement and thus is the clan's duty to not only protect it, but to embody Konohagakure. To be an example to all other clans of what they can be, of what they should be. The Senju Clan is in many ways the heart of Konoha. Thus they have to maintain a public reputation for the ideals they've always embodied. Indeed, many of its charities and humanitarian efforts can be said to be as much about keeping up an image as it is actually doing them. While this keeps the clan in high regard, it also rubs some of it members and teenagers the wrong way as it often means restrictions upon what they want to do for the sake of that reputation. The Senju clan most certainly wants to avoid scandal or incidents that could cause people to lose hope in them. The work of keeping Hashirama's dream alive is never-ending. Furthermore it means their loyalty to Konoha is unquestionable. To them all of Konohagakure is an extended clan house, and they cannot abandon it.

Another aspect their idealism is their unfailing investment in the advancement of medical science and technology, and are responsible for funding things like the mobile medical monitors of today, laptops capable of monitoring and giving out vital information for the medical nin corps with incredible accuracy. Yet in their focus they seemingly do not do anything wider with such technology, despite its potential. Whether they do not know of its potential or fear what harm could result of expanding it beyond medical uses is unknown.

Many of their members become teachers at the academy knowing that youths are the future and hope of tomorrow, working to make sure they are well-prepared for the challenges ahead. The clan's kinder demeanor works well in an environment of education. All of this combined of course makes other clans of Konoha look at the Senju as soft, annoyed by their idealism when more pragmatic concerns need to be addressed. Indeed, the Senju is sometimes seen as overly preachy goody-two-shoes among the more cynical and hardened of shinobi of Konoha and reason that the only reason Hashirama achieved what he did was because of his ridiculous strength and take the exact opposite lessons from his example thinking Madara was right. Furthermore the more rebellious of the clan often demonstrate the darker side of wood release, using poisons to become assassins and kill at any angle in a forest, abandoning peace as impossible just so they can earn money. Such members go on to become Anbu to make sure they don't go missing nin.

Furthermore there is a backlash against Hashiramism in Konoha in general, seeing them as annoying preachy crusaders forcing their beliefs about tolerance and peace onto everyone else as an agenda of ideological purity that can't tolerate other ways of thinking and that the Senju Clan should keep its clans traditions within itself rather than constantly trying to spread it and force everyone else to believe what they believe. A term is bandied about to insulting refer to them as “Hashirama Peace Warriors” or HPW's. While Senju parents are the kind that wish to censor shows so that their kids won't be corrupted by the content.

Indeed with Madara's influence becoming more prominent in the village, many ninja outside the clan see themselves as the enforcers who dirty their hands out of the Senju's sight so that their vision of a better world may be attained while the Senju are unaware of such acts goes on, reasoning that what they don't know won't hurt them and that they sacrifice their morals so that the Senju don't have to.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-08 at 07:18 AM.

9. - Top - End - #819

Benjiro Senju
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Benjiro Senju
    Species: Human
    station: Genin of the Leaf.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Benjiro has lightly tanned skin, amber eyes, and slightly spikey brown hair that he wears long.

When weather permits, Benjirou prefers to go shirtless with a forest green cloak and, when possible, goes without sandals in order to feel the earth beneath his feet.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Benjiro is pretty open about the fact that he never really wanted to be a ninja. He'd rather be a monk, but with how easily Wood Release comes to him being anything but a ninja wasn't an option. He wasn't forced per se, but he could feel the pressure.

The truth is, he's somewhat... Jaded to the concept of ninjas and villages. He respects Hashirama for his ideals, but as Benjiro sees it, in the long run, the distribution of the tailed beasts and the formation of the villages has just caused the fighting and killing to happen in the shadows.

Diplomacy in the Shinobi world boils down to people with power demanding things from those weaker coupled with a fragile peace caused by fear of mutually assured destruction instead of people talking as equal and coming to a proper solution. How can peace come from that?

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Child is born. Child gets older. Child learns contradictions in philosophy. Child wants nothing to do with it. Child realizes he has no choice in the matter.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Benjiro has the chakra capacity and control comparable to an average experienced genin or newly promoted chunin.

Taijutsu: C Rank. The truth is, Benjiro doesn't like fighting which hampers his ability in hand to hand combat.
    Genjutsu: C-Rank. Benjiro can protect himself from basic genjutsu.
    Ninjutsu: B Rank: Benjiro is a prodigy at nature transformation in general and wood release and it's components in particular. He is also unusually proficient in shape transformation for someone of his age.

In addition to the basic academy jutsu, Benjiro knows the following techniques

Clones: Benjiro is able to make Wood Clones, Water Clones, and Mud Clones and uses them interchangeably depending on circumstances.

Wood Release: Grass Assassination Jutsu: The wood user sharpens a blade of grass and fires its upwards into their foes skull. Also comes in random fallen leaf, bits of chipped off bark, splinters, random seeds etc.

Wood Release: Four-Pillar House Technique: Benjiro can create a small one-room house with wood release with relative ease. LArger and more complex structures are also possible but require more energy.

Earth Release: Pebble Assassination Jutsu: The user charges a pebble with chakra so that it levitates and shoots forward at the targets head like a bullet, killing them instantly.

Water Release: Droplet Assassination Jutsu: Fires a droplet f water like a bullet.

Wood Release: Wooden Kunai: Creates half a dozen kunai of prefabricated wood which can be thrown or fired at a target. While sharp, the wooden kunai are less durable than metal ones but can be used as a medium for other Wood Release.

Wood Release: Drain: If someone is in physical contact with prefabricated wood created with Wood Release, Benjiro can trigger the wood to begin absorbing that person's chakra. If Benjiro retrieves the wood he can use it to replenish his own stamina, otherwise, the stored chakra is dispersed into the environment as the wood is destroyed or allowed to decay.

Wood Release: Prison. If someone is in physical contact with wood prefabricated wood made with Wood Release, Benjiro can make that wood expand out into bands designed to restrain the target.

Earth Release: Earth Wall: Benjiro manipulates mud, stone, or other earthen elements in his environment to make a solid wall or similar structure.

Wood Release: Wood Locking Wall: Benjiro creates curved pieces of precut wood that lock together to form a half shell that can be used to protect himself or others.

Wood Release: Perfect Gardener: Benjiro infuses a plant with wood nature chakra to accelerate its growth, riper fruit, make flowers bloom, heal a sick plant, or so on.

Wood Release: Vines. Benjiro creates living vines o his arms, which can be used as whips or to extend his reach for a grab.

Wood Release: Bouquet: Benjiro conures a mass of flowers. He cn make any flower but he needs to have either studied the plant personally or have seeds of the appropriate plant.

Stamina: Benjiro is not Hashirama. He does not ave Hashirama's miraculous powers of self-healing. But he takes long to tire compared to other people of his age with the level of training he possesses.

Spoiler: Other
    Show
    When feeling dramatic, Benjiro uses Bouquet to conjure a puff of cherry blossoms to make an entrance or emphasize what he's saying.

I was considering a note that he'd started on learning the Senju Clan's Sage Mode but couldn't use it yet, but decided to er on the side of caution.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-12-10 at 05:38 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

I mean....I personally make the most specialized of genin prodigies in my characters B-Rank max, but whatever. you do you I guess. Igor, did we have a hard agreement on B-rank max on this sort of thing before Rater came in, or do you not care?

11. - Top - End - #821

I mean, "rank" means less than "power level" does.

It's based on a great number of factors: In canon, Hiden and Kakazu were S-Rank criminals but the mission to capture or I'll them was only B Rank. Kakazu's Lightning attack is a C-Rank despite being explicitly equal in power to Kakashi's Raikiri, and let's not forget that the Chidori and Rasengan are both B Rank techniques even though the Rasengan is much, much more powerful than the Chidori and explicitly the pinnacle of shape manipulation.

So... Really I don't see the problem. "Outside observers might peg his skill in Ninjutsu at A-rank" is the takeaway but that doesn't really say anything about his power level.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Nononononono.

This is not an argument, Rater. I only care about two things right now:

1-if me and Igor hard agreed on B-rank max for prodigy genin not counting jinchuuriki
    2-that this roleplay does not deviate too far from the original intention that me and Igor had when we started it.

got it? you can save your arguments, they don't matter. what matters is what has been agreed, and what is intended in this roleplay. thats it.

Edit: okay I looked back and I can't see any hard agreement along those lines, but my point is:
    I want things to be fair. Not to some Rater definition of fair you conjure up with a bunch of canonicity and evidence that is subject to your interpretation and biases and could be used to your advantage because your the one who knows that the most, but one we all agree is fair. I'm not going to budge on this, I want us to agree on characters are fair to create regardless of canon knowledge. There are clearly differing levels of canon knowledge in our group and its not fair to require others to do homework for a game. I may be willing out of fun but that doesn't mean we should require other people to be held to that standard. and that we should have some form of fairness to how we make characters like this because I don't want this potentially be overloaded with this or that overpowered character that screws up what this roleplay is supposed to be about, which was specifically envisioned as something having a focus on something lower powered, not much but still lower powered. so we have to come up with some form of fairness that we can agree upon here, that isn't just "everything is okay because what Rater claims is canon says so".

I'm pushing back here to say that we already have a system for the ranks represent and we can't change it now, so save your breath. we'd have to redo all the sheets to make changes to be accurate to a new form of fairness. I don't care about what your reasons are for making the character A-Rank. what I care about, is we make sure its fair by keeping it at the power level we want rather than letting it rise higher because letting it rise higher is a slippery slope.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-09 at 03:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #823

I changed it.

I still don't see what the big deal is but it's not worth arguing about.

And... I'm going to not make any more new characters because I clearly have no idea what you consider fair and balanced.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, how to say it....

this roleplay is based and focused on OG first part Naruto. back when Sasuke was a prodigy/genius for being able to use a single fire jutsu at age 12. all the other genin couldn't even wield elemental affinity stuff yet. heck, people a year older than him couldn't use an element yet. thus its balanced around a bit around that when it comes to Genin. it also based more on battles like Shikamaru Vs. Temari than things like the First Valley Of The End fight, because the latter just gets ridiculous for the sake of nonsensical anime ceiling breaking. (which I love, but to break the ceiling well you must first have a well-established ceiling first so that it feels like a proper rush and effort to do so. but even then Sasuke's victory is not due to birth and or talent technically as he needed his Third tomoe, and activating both forms of the curse mark to pull out a win against First cloak Naruto.)

genin being able to wield multiple elements like that? thats more of a Boruto era level of competence there, but if its B I can't really criticize there because I made Reina Terumi who technically has three even if two of her elements are only one jutsu known and only blasty elements at that.

while having A-rank is reaching canon levels of exceptionalism for its genin protagonists when we're not making those exceptions here. a loss of competence in one area only gets you one rank up in another.

thing is you keep clearly wanting to push the envelope and make these higher ranking characters. they just don't seem to follow the unspoken rule of the D-B Rank range of balance for Genin. I want you to have fun, but you need to know what your having fun in. this isn't a general naruto roleplay where anything naruto goes just because its naruto. there are things we explicitly keep out of focus or in the background, or deliberately minor if mentioned at all. there are things we explicitly want to focus on: namely battles of wits over power, and thus having too high a rank can detract the focus from using abilities intelligently, the higher powered something is, the less limitations you have to think around and thus less limitations you can exploit to your advantage.

But maybe the current system isn't defined enough. like we could dredge up the way official manga does it stats for ninja to nail things down even further so it can all be consistent:
    Ninjutsu
    Taijutsu
    Genjutsu
    Intelligence
    Strength
    Speed
    Stamina
    Hand seals

which would provide us five more stats to have a more nonlinear spread of this or that, and thus provide more complete picture where they are weak and strong for it to be balanced but it would require some retooling of all the sheets we have. but it would allow us to better detail all the ways they are weak and strong and thus a high rank in some things wouldn't matter all that much. like for example someone could be high in ninjutsu but be low in hand seals, thus requiring them to do the full hand seal routine for each jutsu they cast despite know a lot of them, or be great in speed, strength and stamina but not in taijutsu reflecting their power but lack of skill.

it would be a lot of work for me and we have to make sure Igor agrees, but we'd have a more comprehensive way of doing stats so that their full abilities are more clear and what their areas of strength and weakness are. and would all be canonical as you want it to be, as this is the way ninja stats are officially done. we'd have to keep the measuring it by letters part, but we could do that and would make it more clear what kind of ninjas we're going for.

15. - Top - End - #825

Look, you don't need to rework the system I just don't know what it is exactly you're going for.

Like, multiple elements? That's what elemental bloodlines do: "you have a strong affinity to and an instinctive ability to use two or more kinds of natural transformation and can combine them into a third. This comes as easily to you as breathing."

and downgrading one skill to upgrade another... That was why I originally gave him D rank Taijutsu and noted that he was bad at it(and why I moved it up to C when I downed his Ninjutsu to B.) Would A rank have been permissible if I gave him E rank "probably should not have graded" in Taijutsu instead?

This is the third time I've tried or suggested something for a character that I didn't think was a big deal and that you've shut down for supposedly being to powerful.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Look, this roleplay was formed before you came in, and me and Igor kept talking about low-powered. he didn't define what he meant by that in concrete terms, made his first character sheets with C's and a D in genjutsu, and then I made Kimiko with all C's. we didn't talk about the power system much because we weren't overly concerned about making powerful characters and we both agree on a lower powered setting. I assumed that meant for Genin a D-B range in ability with B being the upper end. there was some unspoken understanding about the scale that we had that worked and thus we didn't need to talk about it.

and then he keeps not commenting on your sheets and not making it clear whether or not they're in line with what he wanted.

meaning the whole thing keeps being a thing between us. which isn't solving anything

so, either we figure this issue between us or we get Igor to clarify what he meant on this being lower powered more. because "no fourth ninja war stuff" leaves a broad range that still needs defining.

and to be fair, I've had some trouble with how I've defined it myself: Reina Terumi being one example, and Shimizu being another as she can technically summon a clone of a ninja thats more powerful than her to fight in the form of a Jounin, so I admit I may be a hypocrite on that. though I consider jinchuuriki a different case from clan geniuses.

I'd rather us figure out the rarity of A-rank genin prodigies, because they're going to be unbalanced no matter what, really we don't want unrealistic amounts of them, we want any who do exist to be important to the story and be an exception, not a rule. if we're going to have such exceptions I want to make sure they stay exceptions so that we have more ninja who aren't some inexplicable genius prodigies who do what they do easily.

I'll further remark that this roleplay is kind of proceeding from more common fan opinions on certain things, and that your views on Naruto are unique. We're kind of proceeding the assumption that shippuden got too up in magical weirdness to focus on the down to earth aspects that OG Naruto had, that getting too caught up in the lives of clan prodigy geniuses is kind of like being too caught up in the lives of rich privileged jerks and their problems, that the sharingan being hax bull is a bit of a bad thing that got out of hand, y'know things like that? I respect that you have your own views but we made this roleplay before we needed to think about them and thus is not made with your view in mind. Sorry. That is just how it is and I don't want to derail this roleplay like I derailed DBitp. thats disrespectful to igor.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

A lot of ooc to catch.
    I want to read it all with respecting attention. Hopefully today or tommorow.
    I am apoligizing for the inconvience, but I am around.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

18. - Top - End - #828

For the record: Tomo's backstory was written based on the assumption, based on the fact that there is no trace of a Daimyo of The Land of Iron anywhere in either the anime or manga, that it does not have one.

This is supported b the fact that Mifune seems to be the one who decides what the Land of Iron does. Even though he is a samurai, there does not seem to be a person above him who say, gets to say "no, we are not throwing out lot in with the ninja after years of ignoring their squabbles unless they wanted a neutral arbiter" when even the Ninja villages are at least nominally suppose d to serve the Daimyos of their respective nations.

So, I wrote the backstory under the assumption that Tomoe's "lord" was another samurai, as opposed to a noble.

If that is a problem, I have no problems with having Tomoe be an overly idealistic child who drank too deeply from the kool-aid and broke when reality hit her, but if that's what we're doing then I need to know now before we go any further with her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

What? Rater, them not having a Daimyo and just having a different form of ruler is perfectly reasonable, and coming down on you for that would be ridiculous.

also I watched some of the shippuden anime to see how ninshu actually works, just to clear it up. and the episodes on Hagoromo, Indra and Asura were pretty enlightening. apparently ninshu is just meditative handholding with chakra added. it'll be hilarious when people find out thats what it is. whats even more hilarious is that Hagoromo missed the point of building that bridge: ninshu had nothing or at least almost nothing to do with it. it was all him being a good person.

as for Benjiro:
    well the characters I made with hybrid elements weren't made with your logic about them in mind. Kimiko does not yet know Water or Earth release yet, Shimizu doesn't know anything but blood release, heck Mitsuko doesn't know water or earth release, my senju character won't know them at start, and the only reason Reina knows them is because she had good incentive to make it look like she figured out how to combine them with her fake invention to fake being this non-kekkei genkai genius. like my logic when making them was that these bloodlines gave you access to the element and you had to train it up regardless.

so....how do we explain that? we're not making these characters with the same logic in mind and its too late too change Kimiko and Mitsuko.

20. - Top - End - #830

Yoru characters are specialists who chose to, or were taught, to bypass the component elements fr the combined form: Benjiro, and also Zetta and Baku, are generalists who see value in the component elements in their own right--sometimes it'd be wiser to use a mudwall than to grow a tree.

That seems the simplest solution to me.

I does leave th problem of Homura and Raiko knowing techniques of an element that is not their affinity or a component of their affinities, but those are all relatively simple techniques with a relative basis: Homura would have been drilled on how to produce water from chakra becuase it's necessary for a basic application of Iwagakure's version of Lava Release. Raiko lives in the land of Lightning and her techniques are both minor things used for pranks.

I'd rank Water Spout as a D-Rank, Raiko's Joy Buzzer as E-Rank, and her "Taze Me Bro" as C at the higest
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-12-11 at 07:53 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

I mean that makes sense from your perspective, but its my observation that any ninja that knows more than two elements are often Jounin or above and thus are either legends or kages.

while the hybrid users we see are pretty specialized:
    Haku didn't use any water or wind release, Hashirama and Tenzo used wood release with Tenzo only using water release once, Deidara I can see an argument for using earth release since clay is made of it, Gaara, and Rasa seemed to stick to their magnet release with no clear use of wind or earth, while most of the other releases were only used once or twice which doesn't tell us whether they knew other elements. while the Third Tsuchikage is a kage. and while the databooks say they have these elements, its one thing to say it and another to show it. there is no example we can definitely point to and say that the hybrid element user naturally or easily learns these elements because we don't see them training any of these abilities, they're all jounin level or above badasses who are supposed to know multiple elements anyways by the time they are so high up. I can't recall any Genin knowing three elements. Technically Sasuke knew two at the end of Part I, but those were only two jutsu: fireball and lightning arm stab and he was the only one out of the entire Konoha 12 to achieve that, and Boruto era genin are boruto era and thus aren't relevant to the discussion.

so its like how you have that logic, when its not supported by what we've seen of peoples abilities and how they develop? like its pretty clear to me that knowing multiple elements is a pretty Jounin+ thing.

22. - Top - End - #832

In the anime, we are shown Haku manipulating water as literally the first thing he did after his bloodline manifests. So, there is a degree of support, just not a lot...

And elemental Jutsu... I mean, Sasuke isn't the only one: It's explicitly noted that Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji's techniques are Yin Release and Yang Release Ninjutsu, which means that they're not that different from spouting fire or manipulating water.

Sasuke knowing a fireball technique at 12 was said to be unusual becuase fire release, in particular, uses more chakra than most genin can spare, not that he can physically do it...

And considering we are later shown Sasuke being taught how to do it not long before the Uchiha massacre, when he was seven, with the implication that it was normal for Uchiha to start learning it by then, it being that unusual is a retcon.

The only things we know for sure is that most people learn how to manipulate one element by the time they're chunin and that most people who become jonin can use three elements with a decent degree of proficiency. But that's the average, not people with elemental bloodlines, who have stronger than normal affinities and, by Haku's example, an intuitive ability to figure it out.

...And I mean, unless you're planning for us to go to the Leaf Village sometime soon, Benjirou is meant to be encountered at the Chunin exams as a potential chunin. Naturally, he'd be a bit higher up on the food chain than a starting genin fresh from graduation.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

its TWO elements that Jounin normally use, not three. Source?

as for strong intuitive ability, why does that specifically say A-Rank to you? why do you highball it so high? if its that whole "Rank doesn't mean power" spiel again, save it: we need some way of measuring this stuff so we know how to best judge a realistic response to someone elses action. power is an important part of that. otherwise it devolves into a counterspell war with no end because no one can admit defeat. That is the danger of freeform and why we need to be careful about how powerful we are. of course the other danger of freeform is if someone freeforms their way into being more powerful than everyone else and isn't willing to play ball but other people are playing fair, the fair players end up constantly losing to the person unwilling to play fair back, the second danger.

maybe I'm being too harsh though. maybe I should trust you more. but still I don't like A-rank genin genius thing. it seems too much to me. ugh. I dislike it when I'm conflicted about this. I do feel bad about coming down hard on you for these three times and wish you'd play the characters you want, I just don't get why they have to be made so powerful at the start when to me it doesn't seem to be needed when the intention for genin is for them to grow. I wish I had someone else that could help judge these things because Igor doesn't seem to care about analyzing this stuff and I feel biased and subjective, so its just your word against mine.

Okay...watched the anime scene of Haku's discovery.....he manipulated water.....then killed his attackers at a very young age using giant ice spikes....without training.....okay you may be right......but. this roleplay wasn't made with this information in mind. so. how do we proceed things from here? I get why you want things to adhere canon all the time but there are concerns other than canon that should be considered in this roleplay. If I made Kimiko under your logic, she would've beaten someone like Usagi easily in her fight, not through smarts and tactics but because she could literally manipulate earth, water and paper in ways most people never do and we would've lost a great duel into an anti-climactic fight of power because Kimiko would've adhered to your instinctive freak of nature manipulation logic. Igor while a good roleplayer clearly struggles to keep up sometimes and admits as such, and there is no shame in being accommodating to someone who isn't as good as you at something.

so if your insistent on this sort of this thing, how do you propose we continue having that kind of fight despite you pushing to adhere to canon? how do I know that it won't devolve into pure power anti-climatically defeating those with less power? because these kinds of metaphysical decisions are not in a vacuum for yourself. insist upon a rule and everyone must follow it or its not the consistency you said you desire. meaning I have to change how I roleplay because you insist on the metaphysical rule of instinctive ability even if you don't intend me to, because if its apart of the world, its something that applies to all the world, with no exception or it doesn't make sense- a mindset formed to make sure your happy with things because I know how you get when I try to be narrative about things.

and if you insist upon your spiel about ranks not designating technique power, then how do we measure power? because if we don't, that might cause trouble down the line and confusion about how powerful this or that is. confusion won't allow us to resolve fights and whatnot well. I can't just make arbitrary rules about it, because I don't know what you'll accept and what you'll bang the canon drum on against.

sorry if all this is complex and overblown but I'm trying to understand your logic again and explain my own and its harder than it seems for this kind of thing because its so abstract and full of conflicting concerns and paths I'm trying to not go down here.

24. - Top - End - #834

On Kimiko... I don't want to dictate your characters, but to make a few suggestions.

Kimiko is under a lot of pressure. Her upbringing was rather strict, and you've depicted her mother as being somewhat abusive and admitted that addressing that is part of the narrative with her.

If the pressure is too great, it's entirely possible that Kimiko would under preform.

Especially if she was exclusively drilled on paper release.

A common criticism of the education system in the united states is that young children are instictivly good at things like lateral thinking, but an overly strict learning environment will crush those instincts and rob them of those skills.

If Kimiko was drilled on paper release from an early age in ways that are maybe... rigid, may be designed as training wheels for a member of the clan that isn't as prodigious as she is, it could easily result in her abilities being less than what they would be if she'd been encouraged to explore them on her own in her own way.

Or

Kimiko's prodigiousness has been demonstrated by her easily learning new Jutsu just from seeing them once and doing some rudimentary practice. Maybe she's just never felt the need to seriously press herself when it comes to elemental manipulation because she learns new tricks easily?

Or both, an upbringing that suggests rigid thinking coupled without needing to push herself beyond what she perceives to be her limits means...

Just suggestions. She's your character, I'm just...

Re: How to have compelling fight scenes under this system:

We just... Do? Haku casually killed a rowdy mob of civilians. Canon fodder who die in droves. Anyone who we aren't killing casually is a ninja who is presumably trained in how to deal with elemental manipulation.

And honestly, you can easily fudge it: Haku doesn't create water, he uses moisture in the air. Haku was in a mal house that was pretty much surrounded by ice and snow and, being as his life was in danger, was probably running on pure adrenaline. That's not exactly a feat that can be easily replicated.

I imagine that the "ball of water" is more accurate to what you can reliably do without training.

It's an advantage but not an overwhelming power disparity.

In the case of Benjirou... Honestly, I could have just had him using wood, but I had him learn the earth and water versions of techniques he already has for the same reason he has wood techniques that have no practical benefit: He didn't want to be a ninja and would rather be a monk, and that changes his outlook on chakra use.

(Essentially, he took the time to learn redundant skills because he wanted to.)

or I could just scrap him and stick with the characters I've already made because this is the second time we've fought over a proposed character and the fourth time we've fought over-all over clashing views of the setting.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

I just wish we could figure out an agreement makes this a thing of the past. Maybe I'm just the problem and need to hold myself back from criticizing.

y'know, screw it, ignore what I said, I've probably just been screwing up and being overly strict this entire time. I feel bad about this now.

as for Kimiko's education: what you say makes sense, even leaving aside Mitsuko, their focus is on preserving what they have and trying to recreate the techniques they lost. They're supposed to have this index of techniques with vague descriptions about what jutsu their previous library used to have, so they're trying to rebuild and figure out the techniques they already made once before, figuring that there is no need to reinvent the wheel...but of course since they're focused on teaching the techniques they know works, they haven't innovated new paper release much. like their current state is what I imagine happens when a clan loses all their best and brightest and their knowledge base: the remaining members are all what would probably be considered lackluster or mediocre members if measured by their previous standing, because all the jounins and geniuses died on all the most dangerous missions. like sure there are your clan geniuses but that means there talentless clan people who are considered not so great, who inherit the kekkei genkai but not the talent to use it as effectively, and in the adult membership of Clan Ishikawa, that is all thats left. sure they still innovate with seals and such, but they are very much a clan trying to restore itself by recovering what was lost.

so yeah, probably going to be easy for Kimiko to learn water and earth. but not so much fire, air and lightning. Its going to be interesting when she gets to those and finds it more difficult than she is used to.

26. - Top - End - #836

No, don't feel bad, it's...

Peopleing is hard. Can I just be a dragon and spend decades sleeping in a pile of gold instead?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

No, don't feel bad, it's...

Peopleing is hard. Can I just be a dragon and spend decades sleeping in a pile of gold instead?
    Only if I get to be a female Fair Folk who runs on dream/narrative logic, because my brain is in constant search/creation of novelty and interesting things and it never stops.

Look, lets just resolve it work it out, in time okay? maybe I just need to accept that your always going to have your highball optimization-like logic because you like versus battles and such and that just apart of you and something you do better than me. I certainly can't look at all those fictional universes and their powers and somehow figure out how to put them together into ultimate beings like you can.

Edit: Unrelated, but I look into Gaara's clan and apparently they don't have a last name which is annoying so I made up a name "Akaisuna" to at least have a name to attach to it, even if it basically just means "Red Sand". this makes sure there is some clan name for the magnet release bloodline for our roleplay at least.

also, I'm getting the Ame sheets more and more done, but I'm not sure if it would be insensitive if I just posted them immediately after that discussion. they include two custom bloodlines, one is Fungus Release and the other is a new Dojutsu....well technically its more than that, but its Indra-descended and the new Dojutsu is apart of it: take sharingan, cut out the eye of insight part and mangekyo stuff then combine with chi vampires then give it to this world's version of Himiko Toga. got like four Ame sheets done, but no team leader unfortunately.

also came up with rough ideas for Tanigakure and Kusagakure characters, but I'm not sure if they can be included in Chuunin Exams as I only got the one for each, well two for Kusagakure because reasons, and I'm not sure if they'll make it to being in the Exams but will probably be characters later on even if they aren't in it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-12 at 09:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838

I would not find the conversation insensitive...

I am actually curious about how fungus release would work since fungi are usually rolled in with plants and algae.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

I would not find the conversation insensitive...

I am actually curious about how fungus release would work since fungi are usually rolled in with plants and algae.
    Actually fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants. as for fungus release....I mean I mostly got making mushrooms for like walls placing them as spore traps, firing spores at people to make a mold grow on them to eat them, things like that.....to be honest, it DOES sound like another water/earth release but any comments on what I have so far would be appreciated, so....here is my four Ame Genin, any suggestions for them would be welcome:

Face of the People
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4 feet
    Weight: 130 pounds
    Station: Ame Genin and Latest Inheritor of Ame folk Hero legacy

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her hair is black and short, she wears a stylized gas mask over her face that represents the Face of the people and wears light armor and rain cloak.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Face of the People give up emotion and identity so as to live as selflessly as possible, volunteering to help others whenever possible, completely dedicated to their mission and being a symbol for the people. Whether she actually lives up to the legend, remains to be seen and despite her dedication she worries if she is good enough to do so.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Face of the People is a folk hero that has been protecting the common people of the Land of Rain for centuries. Face of the People has been men, has been women, has been old and has been young. The Face always wears a mask, always steals from the rich and give to the poor, fights against invading forces, helps out the community by doing work that is needed, getting rid of bandits, the corrupt, the evil through vigilante justice. The Face has a philosophy of giving up all their emotions, their very self to serve the people, to devote themselves entirely to saving others and helping the world. The Face is always a voluntary title, only passed down to those who fully believe in it as a symbol.

The people of Ame are grateful to the Face and it is customary to share food and shelter with the face for their deeds. The ninjas of Ame recognize the Face and what it represents and doesn't interfere. Messing with the Face of the People is a good way to cause riots or in some cases civil war in Ame, and the Face has spoken for the common folk of Ame to its leader before to voice their concerns. The Face is often a ninja of Ame but has sometimes been a ronin. A reputation, one say even myth of the Face of the People has formed around the persona, making it a terrifying figure for the unjust, the criminal, and the scoundrel. The Face of the People's tactics can vary but they always emphasize fighting guerrilla style, using psychological fear tactics, being prepared and such. There is also a tendency to use ranged weapons.

Most recently, the previous Face of the People got injured in a fight, their leg gone and unable to be the Face anymore. However a young girl stepped forward and volunteered to become the next Face of the People, giving up her name, her personal concerns and her emotions and thus the Face of the People lives on. This newest Face now works to fill the previous one's shoes and continue to live up to this folk hero's legacy so that the people of Ame will continue have a symbol to look up to free of dictators and government. A symbol of hope and selflessness. Her personal concerns no longer matters, because she is the Face of the People.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: C-Rank
    Ninjutsu: C-Rank
    Genjutsu: C-Rank
    Fuinjutsu: C-Rank

Basic Academy Three jutsu, Body Flicker Technique, Wall-Walking, Water Walking

Face of the People:
    A persona that has been passed down generations, Face of the People is a folk hero of the Land of Rain that gives up all identity, emotions and selfish thoughts to be a pure selfless hero the Ame people need

Cold Sniper:
    Ghost is incredibly good at aiming and feels nothing when she kills someone in one shot with her arrows

Chakra Archery:
    Can use chakra to redirect her arrows, multiply them, extend their range, making them pierce through things they shouldn't and other such tricks

Arrow Ammo:
    -Poison Arrow
    -Net Arrow
    -Ame style Explosive Arrow

Grenades:
    -Knockout Gas Grenade
    -Smokescreen Grenade
    -Oil Grenade
    -Ame Style Explosive Tag
    -Shrapnel Grenade

Face of the People's Genjutsus: C-Rank
    Has genjutsu passed down by the Face of the People to make it seem attacks pass through her, or to appear everywhere like a haunting phantom and make everyone afraid of the Ghost of the Collective's legend and act fearful as a result.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Kenji, Hope From The Gutter
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 140 pounds
    Species: Humans
    Station: Ame Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has bright orange spiky hair, light blue eyes, blue raincoat, with a gas mask over his mouth to protect it. He has a shield with a circular saw built in to be a weapon and shield.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenji is a guy of hope. He helps out around the community, hard working, is real passionate about doing what he can and bringing hope to Amegakure. He seeks out power to make sure he can protect people and improve the world and wishes to make people work as a team. He won't give up, and when sees someone in need he will help. However hope is all he has and he doesn't really have a plan of how he is going to back up his talk. As someone form Ame he is amazed and mystified at people of other nations have what seem to be luxuries to him be regarded as basic or taken for granted.

His mindset is a communal one, he often sings a song about “lifting together”, as well as being a bit of a scavenger, collector and reuser of various items and junk he finds, a packrat, he developed this mentality to help him and other survive. He doesn't regard himself as anything special given his background

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kenji grew up as the lowest of the low: a street kid in Amegakure. No parents. No home. Nothing. He was surrounded by suffering all around him, many of the people he knew live a hardscrabble existence just as he did. Either they beggars, or worked in the factories of foreign corporations for minimum wages. His clothes the cast off remains of others or hand me downs from those who knew him. His food the cheapest canned stuff his fellows shared with him. Most around him were only concerned with surviving to live another day.

But Kenji was different. With a good heart he strove to help others, to share his food, to protect who he could from the gangs and bullies, to help out however he can reasoning that if he helped, the pain everyone experienced would be lessened if only a slight little bit. After all, they all lifted together right? Every single one of them working in society to help each other out, to stay together and keep enduring no matter how hard it gets. His smile despite the hardships brought hope to others around him, even the adults. He couldn't solve their problems but they could at least have hope for something even if they don't know what.

Then one day he tried to talk down a gang of kids from bullying another and got beaten bloody for it. He was rescued by the neighborhood he helped and patched up the best they could. When he awoke he realized that all his hope was pointless if he wasn't strong enough to keep it safe. So he decided to become a ninja so that he could bring hope to the whole world. If he was going to dream bigger, he might as well dream the most impossible one he could imagine. Go big, or go home as they say.

But to become a ninja, he had to join one of the Ninja Gangs, ruled by one of the six Jonin Warlords. Unfortunately his territory was ruled by Igasugi Yobuchi known by such monikers like “The Rat Bastard”, “Villain of All Villains”,”Ame's Greatest Monster”, to name a few. A Jonin who has done it all: torture, using refugees as bombs to kill foreign shinobi, playing double agent, tricking his allies to their deaths that led to more deaths for the enemy, holding his own people hostage to make Senju ninja cave into his demands, manipulating anyone and everyone around him, every devious underhanded and evil trick in the book, yet it always seems to somehow benefit Amegakure in the end. If Kenji went to the other warlords, he'd be accused of being a spy in their constant little territorial disputes to advanced Igasugi's power and that wouldn't go well. So having no choice, he confronted the man that even among Ame is regarded a villainous blackguard, with eyes of hope.

They had a conversation, Igasugi questioning him on his motives and Kenji proclaiming he wants to bring hope and happiness to people, to be a hero. Igasugi was oddly thoughtful about this. Instead of dismissing him as one would expect he was interested. He regarded Kenji as an oddity, a curiosity, something different. Igasugi had known of such hopeful hearts before, but not from Ame. Igasugi, ever mysterious decided to allow him to become a ninja in his forces and gave him the Rat summoning Contract to sign, his followers confused at his decision. Igasugi was interested now, and wanted to see what this young hopeful could do. Maybe it wouldn't be anything, or maybe it would be more than anyone thought imaginable, but he wanted to see it happen.

So he joined the ninja gang and began the brutal training to become one. His rat summoning allowed him to summons swarms of little rats. He quickly learned that most of them are not very powerful alone, but were strong together. He had to learn how to coordinate them and use teamwork of the many little rats to earn his victories against duels against other ninjas in his gang. While many see rats as lowly, he saw them as embodying his hopes for people to work together and overcome their problems as one. For some reason Igasugi let him do what he wanted, not doing anything to or with him beyond treating him as just another one of the ninja under his command. Soon Kenji was assigned to be on a team with Kyuketsuki and Okita with a Chuunin as their team captain, going on missions to benefit Ame.

Somehow with his presence, he brings hope to them both, and he wishes to spread hope as much as he can with his fiery speeches, proclaiming to be “The Hope From The Rats”. But sometimes he finds dead rats around Kyuketsuki for some reason.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rat Summoning: C-Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: C-Rank

Basic Academy Three jutsu, Wall-Walking, Water Walking

Grit:
    Is more durable than most, and stubbornly refuses to give up in the face of long odds

Ame Gas Mask:
    Protects from needing to breathe in poisonous gasses

Chainsaw Shield Chakram: C-Rank
    A shield that has a circular saw built in, and when thrown returns to the wielder, making it a versatile weapon.

Rat Scout: C-Rank
    Sends out a Rat to scout out the situation for him and report back

Rat Swarm: C-Rank
    A swarm of rats summoned to leap onto the foe to begin biting them, both hurting and distracting them, or use earth release to dig through the earth or other tricks.

Rat Trap Placement: C-Rank
    Rats place traps and other preparations while the foe is distracted by something else.

Lightning Rat Warrior: C-Rank
    Can summon a rat warrior named Rai-Rai. Unlike most rats, Rai-Rai has lightning affinity and can shock opponents to death.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Okita Sawa
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 130 pounds

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okita has red hair with white spots that are in Hinata's short style hair, her eyes are brown and she wears a raincoat and pants designed to keep her dry.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okita is stoic and serious, focused on her quest to try and define herself by a long fallen clan, which she sees as having no identity at all. On some level she feels like she was cheated out of something she should've had, long before she was ever born. This way she can have an identity, this way she can be important somehow by taking revenge on an important clan, make a legend for herself. After all she doesn't really care about the clan itself but the name making a bunch of noise about getting revenge for it might allow her to affect things, allow to get recognized.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okita grew up knowing she was abnormal. Not only did she has a kekkei genkai in Ame, which was rare enough to be notable, she had a kekkei genkai no one knew about: She could create and control mushrooms much like wood release. This being Ame, she only had an orphanage for a family, and the ability to control mushrooms was seen as creepy but she practiced with the ability as it was all she had that made her strong, made her special. As she grew, the child gangs of Ame wasn't impressed by it at first, seeing it as a lame kekkei genkai- who would be scared of mushrooms? One of them began bullying her and beating her up. This was a mistake as she responded by using one of the first jutsu she ever figured out on her own, and blew devouring spores on them, and soon half the gang, about three kids were devoured by mold growing all over their body in seconds. The rest away in fear, screaming.

The Ame Nin heard about this incident and and naturally came by to offer her a place learning to be a ninja and serve Amegakure. It was either that or be executed for killing three children. Seeing no other choice, she accepted seeing it as her chance to move up in the world and get even stronger. To make her own mark on the world, to find out why she had this kekkei genkai. She went through what archives Amegakure had and only found old historic footnotes and obscure legends of the Kinoko Clan, said to have have been a clan of mushroom users who were once powerful rivals to other clans centuries ago, but were wiped out.

Okita finding little else about where her kekkei genkai could've come from, felt a strange sense of rising anger. The only people who could share her ability, her experiences, who could teach her more about her power were long dead and her bloodline not even being something known. She felt cheated out of something she deserved. If the Senju had not wiped out her clan so long ago she might've lived a better life. She would've had a family.
    So she resolved to get her revenge on the clans for their long ago atrocity, knowing that it occurred so long ago that the modern clans had nothing to do with it- but she had to assert her identity somehow and reclaiming the lost heritage of Clan Kinoko was the only way she knew how. To let the them know of her heritage and how she won't die so easily this time, but mostly to become a somebody- to become a legend.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: D-Rank
    Ninjutsu: B-Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: C-Rank

Basic Academy Three jutsu, Wall-Walking, Water Walking

Regeneration:
    Okita has a natural ability to regenerate from wounds to some extent due to having a lot of yang chakra

Fungus Release:
    Not much is known about this kekkei genkai due to its long disappearance. It is not clear just what elements this release is made up of, but Earth is probably one of them.

Mushroom Trap Jutsu: C-Rank
    This jutsu sets up other jutsu by placing a mushroom somewhere. When this mushroom is destroyed it releases a cloud of spores which can have various effects.

Mushroom Entanglement Jutsu: C-Rank
    Entangles the foe with roots of mushrooms springing up from the ground, the roots drain chakra from those it entangles

Mold Shield Jutsu: B-Rank
    Grows a mold shield to protect her with it.

Chakra Drain Fungus: B-Rank
    Fires spores at someone from her mouth, from those spores grows a fungus or molds that drains the chakra from those it entangles. Can be eaten to gain the chakra from them.

Fungus Clone: B-Rank
    Makes a clone out of fungus, when destroyed it explodes in a cloud of spores for various effects

Devouring Spore Breath: B-Rank
    The user breathes spores that when they attach to something begin growing a rapid mold that tries to eat whatever it lands on. This works on organic stuff, but has trouble or outright doesn't work on synthetic or inorganic materials.

Mushroom Perception: B-Rank
    Can remotely perceive things through the mushrooms she places, feeling and detecting chakra through them.

Spore Coating: C-Rank
    Coats a weapon with spores subtly so that it can place them on enemies with her attacks without people knowing, or place them on some object or surface that she can trick people into touching.

Cordyceps Mycelium Corpses: B-rank
    Release corpses of animals of the Land of Rain such as wolves from storage scrolls that are controlled by Cordyceps Mycelium and though it, by Okita to attack her enemies. The Fungus zombies don't feel pain as they just fungus puppeted by her and will attack regardless of how much damage they sustain.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyuketsuki Yuria
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 120 pounds
    Species: Chakra Vampire

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has blonde hair with two pigtails on her side, green eyes, vampiric fangs, wears a grey raincoat and blue rain pants and boots. When she unsheathes her claws they are long needle-like blades. When she activates her dojutsu, her eyes turn magenta with single diamond framing the pupil

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kyuketsuki is outwardly cheery and manic, seeking out life to drain chakra from so she can feed herself and gain yin chakra to use to become other people, seeking out interesting people, and those she likes or even loves she tries to drain slightly so as to keep them alive, while life she doesn't care about she sees as prey to drain entirely. Inwardly her humanity and nurture conflicts with her nature, horrified by her own natural desires and wishing to forget or distract herself from what she is, and wants to lose herself in people whom she believes are better than her.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some Kekkei genkai are powerful blessings to those born with them. Some, on the other hand are more like curses. Kyuketsuki was born with a bloodline thought wiped out long ago, she hungers for yang chakra constantly, which is sated by draining it from other living beings. Her first victim was her own mother, sucking away her yang chakra from her teat. Her father was ignorant and thought that her mother died from an ordinary sickness, and began raising her despite the hardship.

However as she grew into a child, Kyuketsuki had various behaviors that were disturbing to those who didn't know what she had. She would seek out rats and pigeons to feed yang chakra from, her Kirokugan allowing her to put them under natural genjutsu to keep them still so she can pounce on them. She would intentionally prowl and stalk in the shadows and become naturally stealthy. Her father, concerned for her health tried to forbid such actions as eating wild animals is not safe, and tried to keep her from acting suspiciously as stalking back alleys in Ame was a good way for gangs to ambush you over territory or a mugging. Despite her instincts, she obeyed understanding his concern for her safety. She tried to obey. But over time, despite eating this or that, the hunger only grew. The hunger demanded pure yang chakra. She continued to live, yet she felt weak, as if she was starved. Then after a short while people started to look....delicious. Even her father started to look like a meal to drain yang chakra from.

Horrified at her own desires, she ran away from her father and out into the streets trying to find a rat or pigeon to drain, but at this point those didn't look like...enough anymore. Instead she saw a beggar boy and suddenly snapped, going into a feeding frenzy, attacking him and using her claws and fangs to drain chakra from him until he was dead, fragile shriveled corpse. It felt like a feast, like dining on an exquisite bounty unlike the scraps she had fed upon before.

Worse she desired to preserve him even as she fed upon him and thus by natural instinct, drew upon his Yin chakra as well, experiencing his memories and thoughts and incorporating him into her mind. Suddenly she had knowledge she didn't know before. How to beg. How to stay beneath notice. How to look as pitiful and sympathetic as possible so that people would give her pocket change. She could even imitate him perfectly. Her instincts exulted in this- she discovered more about herself. Feeding on animals was one thing, but the flavor of yin chakra and the memories and thoughts involved made it ecstasy. On the other hand, she realized what kind of monster she has become. She went to the Ame Ninja and turned herself in.

Instead of death as she expected, she was given training on the orders of the Head Jounin of Ame, Kishori. She was allowed and in fact required to drain yang chakra from animals. She was trained in taijutsu and to hone her genjutsu and disguise abilities, recognizing that she could be a superb infiltrator and even assassin if trained right. She was delighted that she would have an actual use to Amegakure. But her father had to be informed of her strange kekkei genkai and while he wasn't angry, he couldn't figure out how to interact with her anymore, knowing that his wife's death was because of her and thus ran away from Ame in sadness and some Ame Nin say, cowardice.

Kyuketsuki thus outwardly is delighted that she has a place in society....but deep down she loathes herself and thinks herself a monster, and seeks to imitate and become other people so that she can forget who she is, ironically seeking out more people to drain to do so so that she imitate them better...

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Genjutsu: B-Rank
    Ninjutsu: D-Rank

Academy Basic jutsu, water walking, wall-walking, body flicker technique

Imitator:
    Can imitate others whom she has sucked yin chakra from flawlessly, often losing herself in the persona she replicates.

Chakra-Vampire:
    This is a kekkei genkai descended from Indra, the user is a vampiric being who has a great imbalance of Yin energy, making their physical abilities weak but their genjutsu power strong and flexible. Thus they have abilities to drain yang chakra from others and use it in ways others cannot when they do have yang energy to use. They feel a hunger for yang energy however and thus must seek a source daily to make sure they get it. If she goes without yang energy for too long she will be forced into a feeding frenzy to suck yang chakra from the first person she sees without regard for whether the live or die.

Chakra Sense: C-Rank
    Possesses a natural sixth sense for detecting chakra as apart of her Yang-Vampire nature.

Yang-Draining Needle Claws: C-Rank
    The user grows needle-like claws from their fingers to drain someone of their yang energy to empower or heal oneself. If successful, the users Taijutsu goes up by one rank. Can also drain through fangs in mouth. Piercing clones count as successful drains.

Taijutsu: Silent Killing technique, C-Rank
    This taijutsu can move completely silently to step and kill silently without alerting most people

Kirokugan, First Blossom: B-Rank
    A dojutsu apart of the Chakra-Vampire bloodline that allows the user to use flexible genjutsu on someone, often to lure them into vulnerable situations to drain their yang chakra from them. However greater mastery of both draining and the dojutsu allows one to drain yin chakra and thus view and analysis memories of the person while they drain them, recording their memories within their own mind of jutsu, their life and so on so that they can imitate them and learn their secrets.

Only An Illusion: B-Rank
    A defensive technique of dojutsu genjutsu, the user gets hit only to reveal it was an improvised illusion all along while the real one was somewhere else.

Hypnotic Stare: B-Rank
    Staring into the eyes of the Kirokugan is hypnotic, making one drowsy, relaxed and suggestible, making them vulnerable and even be commanded.

Identity Suppression: B-Rank
    Kyuketsuki bestows upon others what she wishes she could for herself, temporarily suppressing their memory of who they are, confusing them. They can remember things about other people, but not themselves.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-10-15 at 01:58 AM.

30. - Top - End - #840

I mean, in terms of powers.

I know that biologically fungi are separate but in fiction it's rare to see a distinction made.

And even IRL Mycorrhiza, the symbiotic interactions between the roots of plants and fungal structures basically turns a large and diverse enough forest into a massive superorganism capable of rudimentary thought--take a chainsaw to a tree at one edge of forest and trees on the other side with react due to the symbiotic fungi acting as a medium.

Which might be something you could tie into the Senju wiping out the Kinoko clan.

and I can see Senko being sympathetic to Kyuketsuki.

Also, something I forgot to note: Magnet Release seems to be a bit like Lava Release: It doesn't seem to be exclusive to one family. There's a Cloud Ninja that uses it, and there is no blood relation whatsoever between Gaara and his son.

Shinki lost control of his powers, Gaara approached him, Shinki panicked thinking that Gaara was there to put him down, attacked Gaara, injured Gaara and then Gaara hugged him and offered to help Shinki learn to control his powers. hen he adopted the boy.

Likewise, while we know that Gaara and Raza's are father and son, er have nothing to suggest a relation between them and the third kazekage other than magnet release.

Giving Gaara's clan a name helps for other reasons, but...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks