New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Wilder West WW: Wait, Who Shot The Sheriff?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    People get things wrong a lot, it happens. You're still better off talking about who you suspect rather than just following the majority, discussion is town's main weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Alive: 8
    BookWombat
    Elenna
    Gac3
    Rogan
    Taffimai
    Xihirli
    Xumtiil

Lock Town:
    Book Wombat
    Rogan
    Xumtiil

Nearly Lock Town:
    Taffimai
    Xihirli

Wolf Candidates:
    Elenna
    This really feels like gac trying to pocket me. I don't think I've deserved a locktown just for helping find a cowboy. I mean, I have stated in the recruitment thread that I have followed previous games, so it's not like I'm unaware of the concept of bussing. Not sure I would, but I think it would be a logical fallacy to go "Xum is new therefore no bussing therefore locktown"

That, and the fact that he was my initial vote for insubstantial reasons at the start of the game, make me want to find out if he's trying to deflect or has a point on AV/Elenna.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

"There's like, a bunch of em here. Votes. Yeah."

Gac (4): Elenna, Rogan, Xihirli, Xumtiil,
    AV (2): Gac, AV
    Rogan (1): Taffimai

"Drink up, closin' time's in one hour."
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #153

ClericGuy

So, I think I should move my vote from gac to AV.
    I would feel slightly stronger about this if everybody had claimed active/inactive by now, but I don't think I should wait any more. The thread is too silent anyway...

So, gac claimed he got Snows gun. I don't see any indication of something like that being a thing in the Recruitment thread. So, there are two options:
    1. gac is a lying wolf who made this up on his own.
    2. This really happened and is a game mechanic we were not told about.

Since we explicity WERE told that we won't get much information about powers and roles, I think option 2 is quite possible. And in fact, I think it's a bit more likely than number 1. Why? Well, I think wolves don't like to claim strange things. Better go for some simple and easie solution.
    Can I explain why gac suddenly has snows gun? Well, I have an idea. Snow obviously was the wolf kill. We have only one active claim. I think, Snow was active at night AND got killed the same night to prevent her from talking about her results. Maybe the plan was to fake an active claim, but since this possibilty was called out by Xum and me (and hinted at by Snow early day 1) AND Book can prove his action, this turned out too risky.
    So, my theory is that Snow was active at night and her power usage gave gac her gun. A gun which might be usable independently from the wolf-activation. (Gac, please don't comment on this last part unless you have a very good reason!)

So, why AV?
    Multiple reasons.
    I think it is possible she is openwolfing. It would fit to her claims in multiple recent games. And I'd be freaking annoyed about myself if I see some behaviour that's clearly not helpful to town and ignore it for beeing too obvious (I'm looking at you, Fallout!Book... )
    That I'm annoyed about AV regardless of her allingment is not helping her either.
    I mean, come on... Is it soo freaking hard to read the recruitment thread?
    Spoiler: Rant
    Show
    Blades plainly stated that town has to fire their gun. And when asked (by me, if I recall correctly) he answerd that no, you won't know what your gun does. And no, you can't shoot in the air.
    So instead of crying about unfair rules now, AV could have simply taken the 5 minutes it takes to read the setup and saying "No, thanks, I'll skip this game" instead of complaining that it's totaly unbalanced now.
    The same thing hold's true to various degrees for other players. Instead of going into the game with "Oh, I might want to check the rules now", just start to respekt the game host and read what kind of setup and special gimmicks they want to run. Ask some questions, if you don't understand things. They spend time and energy to create a fun game and it's freaking insulting to attack them during the game for some mechanics that were announced before the game starts. You had a chance to give your oppinion to this beforehand, maybe even get them to change it or simply skip if you don't like it. Othere people might like it.

I don't know if AVs complains are honest or faked. She managed to fool me by pretending to be annoyed about rules before, but she was also honestly annoyed about rules she perceived as unfair. I am not sure I'm going to hit a wolf by going after her, but I don't think I have ever got a correct read on her without significant mech help.

Elenna has some longer posts I probably should look at again in detail. But she seems to be engaged, gives her reads and is not afraid to interact with other people. She is still a suspect for not participating in the flat lynch, but I place her on the top of this list.

Xi has the same number of posts, but much less content in them. But I think, that's typical Xi. She is also toying with her untrustworthy meta. Another rather typical thing. For the record: You are not bad at this game, Xi, just complicated. She was on flat, but might have been caught off guard when the wagon actually was gaining traction. For a long time, I was expecting her to jump on snow out of self defense. This didn't happen, maybe cause she thought Snow was leading too much for this to matter, maybe she didn't get online in time for RL reasons?

So, my preference would be:
    Lynch AV. If the game doesn't end, Book shoots Xi.
    If there is still a game going on, I need to reevaluate, hopefully with additional info from the next night.

So, I see Taffi is still tunneling me. I won't have time to give a full reply, but some quick notes:

The scry interference rules are not stating wether or not track and watch are considered scrys. Since yeah, I like my mech, I'm asking.

And being flip-foppy about Snow is false as well. I attack YOUR Vote on her as fishy. Your Argument that Snow would have left out a new player is stupid and I'm not the only one who said that you shouln'd wolf read Snow for this.
    Bat on the other hand had a different angle. I didn't agree with it, but it didn't feel forced the same way your attack was. It is possible to disagree with someone and letting them know without assuming some dark motives from them, you know? He got a top suspect after flats flip, because his vote could have been a defense on a known wolf.
    Me, on the other hand? I was willing to change my vote to YOU when there was a chance to do so. Thats my entrance post at EOD. But since Bat declined, there was no reason for me to go off wagon.
    Later, vote shifts meant that the choice wasn't between Snow and Xi (where it was before and where I picked my side) and instead it was a choice between Snow and flat. And when I had this option, the fact that you, my wolf read, wanted me to vote there resulted in the opposite.
    It was SNOW who managed to convince me to vote flat. You basically did the opposite.

And where am I today? Well, I still hate many parts of your game. But you were right on flat, so this gives you a huge ammount of credibilty. I don't need to like the way you play in order to accept someone is probably town.

Aaand... ****, now I'm late.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Have not read the posts inbetween yet, will do so and respond but I wanted to get these in:

Spoiler: Xumtiil
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    Breaking the tie means someone is going to get more than 20% of the votes already (2 votes currently is 16%, 3 gets you 25%)
    Speaking of which, since there's no majority requirement, I'm wondering if it's just the person that gets the most votes at the end of the day (with a 20% minimum instead of a majority) gets lynched, or is it the first person to cross the threshold?

Asking for a friend. It's me. I'm the friend.
    This question pinged me when I reread it. For someone who’s been lurking several games it seems like he’s feigning much more ignorance than he should have, so I’d say it’s just a setup for Rogan to be able to come in and answer a mechanics question so they can be seen to interact.

4 way tie, I'm not going to vote for myself or the wagon I'm already voting for, so my options to switch are Elenna or Flat, and I'm not sure I know enough to pick either. AV, you're the only one who voted without any explanation, silly or otherwise. Why flat?
    Why ask for an explanation for a random vote when you know all other votes have been just random or silly? The people to engage with here if he really wanted to choose between them would be Elenna or Flat. It’s conversation that isn’t leading anywhere.

I'm townleaning Snow, since she's done suspicious things but nothing that screams Wolf to me, more "distracted". Like yourself, not getting that it was AV in the list or that I just said that I don't see Snow doing this on purpose to save another wolf.

Also, looks like Snow might still get lynched, in which case we'll know for sure if she was trying to distract.
    That being said, I'm going to shut up and let some other people talk now, since I feel back and forth between you and me is just making it easy for wolves to lie low.
    He really didn’t want to give this read, he could’ve given it in the very first post of our conversation (and it’s hedging) but he was much happier talking about the mistake I made in who the wagons were rather than actually talking about Snow. Just like with Rogan, I felt that he was oddly reluctant to vote Flat, despite having no stated reason for voting Xihirli (no quotes because I’m running out of time).

I'm in two minds about proposing that we as town decide Book's target - on the one hand, at least there won't be any surprises who gets vig'd, on the other hand, telegraphing to scum which is the next target could backfire (Book didn't fire so we lynch the target haha it was town).

Maybe we should mitigate by picking 2, and letting Book decide which one he goes for? If he gets activated, it's likely the other one is town as scum wouldn't risk the odds of getting shot. No activation doesn't mean scum, though, they could be toying with us.
    This is another pro-wolf plan because it lets them know who is suspecting who. Don’t do this, leave Wombat free to pick his own targets (if he gets activated again). Could be inexperience of course.

I'm going to revert back to my very first, original day1 vote and say gac3.

I mean, I was right about Snow being town but I didn't expect flat to flip cowboy honestly, so my reads are unreliable and I should just go with the flow.
    This is a vote without any reason behind it and setting himself up for not giving justifications or town reads at all anymore. Could very well be because he and Rogan talked themselves into a corner about Snow yesterday and not liking getting strong-armed into bussing.

I also want to point out here that Rogan has twice pushed the idea that the wolves must've been inactive EoD, and that he was the first to put a firm town read on Xumtiil.

Spoiler: Gac
    Show
    Snowblaze because they are pretty sure I'm going to vote for them and I don't remember the logic but if it's because I said I would, I don't want to be a liar.

Also... Was I supposed to get any role information? Like anything at all? Even alignment? I'll just assume I'm town.
    Gac’s first post immediately reminded of this one from Valmark, from Gac’s game Words of Power:

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    In addition I don't know about you but I wasn't told any alignment- this leads me to believe that we might not have an opposing faction, assuming I'm Town. If there even is a Town.
    We town cleared Valmark for this at the time, and Wolf!Gac might have purposely wanted to go for the same. After all, if he hadn’t shown up in wolf chat, surely Bladescape would’ve pinged him.

Okay... I need to catch up on day one but this result was not what I was hoping for. No real information except that Book is town? Am I understanding that correctly?

Also why was one shot revealed and the other killer not?

Snow didn't happen to claim what their gun did, did they?
    This last question can only come from a wolf or a regular bar patron who thinks Snow might’ve known what her gun did because she had a named role. Those of us with named roles know we also don’t know what our guns do so there’s no way Snow could’ve claimed. Also, Snow actually explicitly said she didn’t know:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    <snip>

I... don't really know if getting results is something that's a thing with guns, given we don't know what our guns do or whether we'll find out (I vaguely remember something about finding out powers when guns are used in recruitment. Will check.)

<snip>
    So keeping in mind AV’s theory that wolves try to be less informed than they are, this post from Gac could fit in that.

<snip>

Also do guns do different things or are they all killing guns with different power levels?

<snip>
    Still acting as if all the other players have more information about the guns than he does, possibly trying to get Wombat to spill?

Nearly Lock Town might have been. Bit of an exagération. Strongish town lean would be more accurate. It's a combination of things but primarily when watching the votes. Flat was voted for by elenna and AV. Then you vote for flat. Bringing them up to a real wagon for the first time. Elenna and AV both jump off of that wagon and on to the other two. One of which is you and you stay on flat the whole time.

That whole chain of events make me think you are more likely town than wolf. But it's also partially based on my suspicions that Elenna and/Or AV are wolves
    Wolves are usually reluctant to give town reads because it becomes harder to justify wanting to lynch those people later, and they don’t want to let on that they have TMI. So Gac immediately walking back his townread on Xihirli when questioned looks wolfy to me.

However, there is the fact that Rogan is voting him:

gac was awfully quiet day 1. He is my top suspect.
    Would it be distancing in response to Elenna’s vote? Dunno.

Overall I’m having a hard time deciding whether Gac’s the villager who just trusts Rogan or whether the two of them are trying to pocket the newbie. But my money’s between these two if Rogan has a partner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    @Taff: Rogan’s wolfiness or otherwise aside (I don’t have time for a long post on that right now, but I’m not as convinced as you are, but also if someone bussed flat I think it’s either him or Xi) I don’t think saying yes or no to the question “were you activated” gives wolves any info they don’t already have. If they want to lie and say yes, they can easily do so without seeing other people claim first.

I do agree that the active/inactive information is not terribly useful at the moment, but I don’t see any harm in providing it. Maybe it’ll become useful in the future.

Agreed on not town clearing people for saying they were activated though.

Also, you seem pretty sure there are three wolves? Any comment on the narration suggesting there were two to start with?

So long as no town cred goes to those who claim to be activated, there should be no harm in it, no, but you never know.

No if I seem sure that there are three wolves then that's probably because I was sure about Rogan being a wolf all the way at the start of the day and I've spent the time since looking for a partner in case Rogan's death doesn't end the game so it became a matter of fact in my mind. There's no actual reason to think so.

- - - Updated - - -

And before I get cut off I also want to say: Xumtiil don't feel bad if you're town, getting misread as a new player is not a great experience I know but don't give up.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

So, I think I should move my vote from gac to AV.
    I would feel slightly stronger about this if everybody had claimed active/inactive by now, but I don't think I should wait any more. The thread is too silent anyway...
    This feels like either wolf-Rogan is trying to save buddy-AV, or he's tunneling Taffimai and forcing her to pick between AV and gac (thinking that the one she saves must be buddy wolf).
    I feel the case for gac is better than the case for AV (and yes, I am aware that moving off gac is going to get AV killed, but there is still some case for her, and even if she is town she clearly indicated being done with the game), but I find this very suspicious. Rogan

- - - Updated - - -

*buddy gac, not buddy AV

6. - Top - End - #156

RedKnightGirl

This feels like either wolf-Rogan is trying to save buddy-AV, or he's tunneling Taffimai and forcing her to pick between AV and gac (thinking that the one she saves must be buddy wolf).
    I feel the case for gac is better than the case for AV (and yes, I am aware that moving off gac is going to get AV killed, but there is still some case for her, and even if she is town she clearly indicated being done with the game), but I find this very suspicious. Rogan
    Also Rogan is never going to get killed today so voting AV now and leaving Gac alive gives you another potential mislynch

- - - Updated - - -

The "AV" in that sentence is supposed to be "Rogan meaning AV gets lynched" sorry
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #157

Day is Over

AV (3): Gac, AV, Rogan
    Gac (2): Elenna, Xihirli
    Rogan (2): Taffimaii, Xumtiil

- - - Updated - - -

Wilder West WW:
    Wait, Who Shot The Sheriff?

Day Two

"Come here often?" With the entire shadowed bar watching, one of the reluctant people had been put forward to talk to the suited tumbleweed that had wandered in. Everyone knew the tumbleweed wasn't a cowboy, although the two sides weren't always at odds, so everyone didn't mind the newest addition to the bar.

"First time." The tumbleweed responded, soft air blowing through the branches to make a melodic voice. "I tend to travel in a mostly straight line."

"Actually," A sudden voice interrupted them, and despite the shadowed nature of the bar, one could almost feel the person pushing up their glasses. "The wind changes directions constantly which means tumbleweeds have a very erratic path."

"Unless that's what they want us to think!"

Everyone stared at the sudden interruption, unsure exactly how to handle it. The tumbleweed at the bar coughed and got another glass to drink as it watched the spectacle unfold.

"After all, blighters already got us thinking that they only show up in the background!"

"Sir, I think you've had too much baileys. We aren't after tumbleweeds, just cowboys."

"That's what you think!"

There was a brief pause, and then a gunshot. The man who had just spoken fell to the floor, thudding to the ground. The figure which pulled the gun slowly blew the steam away...

"Huh, blighter cut off his own hand." There was a murmur as they finally shined their lights on the sprawled figure on the ground...

Spoiler: Phase Results
    Show
    AvatarVecna committed heinous acts accusing innocent tumbleweeds. She was the Paranoid

Night Two will end in 24 hours

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: missed end of day
    Last edited by gac3; 2022-05-04 at 09:14 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Wilder West WW:
    Wait, Who Shot The Sheriff?

Night Two

This rest break was tenser than the last one. No further Cowboy to assuage their egos and doubts, instead the twitchy and suspicious member of their small town that lay on the floor. "Blighter had it coming," muttered the one that took the shot, but no one responded as they let the smell of gunpowder and smoke fill the room. And then the clink of glasses as the fragrance of alcohol spread. All was quiet and well until someone suddenly heard a 'zoop' sound.

"Hey!" One person immediately spoke up after the sound echoed in the background, "Wrong genre! Remember the setting!" There was a few murmurs in the background in agreement, but it quietened down. The sound had reminded any genre savvy listener of a laser blaster, and unsurprising to some, just telling it to stop didn't. Another of the incorrect sounds echoed in the background, and the now well trusted man with the Way Too Big tm gun stepped up, and levelled it the direction they thought it came from.

The shadowed figure who it was pointed out raised their hands in exasperation. "Not me that made it, friends."

"You're not my friend, mate."

"You're not my mate, bucko."

"You're not my bucko, dude."

"You're not my du--" *BANG*

"That's a genre savvy shot sound, dude."

The figure then turned away, walking casually away. Everyone started to settle before one curious person checked the body on the ground.

"Hey, uh... I think she was the one that made all our guns."

Spoiler: Phase Results
    Show
    Book Wombat accused Elenna of spooking people with sci-fi sounds. She was the Gunsmith

Day Three will end in 48 hours

10. - Top - End - #160

ClericGuy

Uh... uhhhhh! No scum kill.
    Doctor or roleblocker?

Anyway, I wasn't active. I'll wait with a vote till I get more mech info.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw man... Elenna died and it wasn't me that did it? And they were town... I'm suddenly less convinced of my list.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... I have Elenna's gun!

No idea what it does.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

My gun got activated and I targeted Taffimai. I'm the deputy, and she got put in an energy bubble and couldn't do anything.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

My gun got activated and I targeted Taffimai. I'm the deputy, and she got put in an energy bubble and couldn't do anything.
    So guns do indeed do different things? Or that's your power outside of having a gun?

14. - Top - End - #164

ClericGuy

Aw man... Elenna died and it wasn't me that did it? And they were town... I'm suddenly less convinced of my list.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... I have Elenna's gun!

No idea what it does.
    You got Elennas gun as well? Well, there goes my theory of "Snow gifted you her gun" by getting activated...
    Still, this sounds too convoluted to be a scum claim. If I had to take a guess, you're the undertaker or something like that.

Also, with Xums claim...
    Taffi

Xum, explain why you were willing to go after me, following Taffis push, but in the night targeted her?
    Last edited by Rogan; 2022-05-07 at 03:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

You got Elennas gun as well? Well, there goes my theory of "Snow gifted you her gun" by getting activated...
    Still, this sounds too convoluted to be a scum claim. If I had to take a guess, you're the undertaker or something like that.

Also, with Xums claim...
    Taffi

Xum, explain why you were willing to go after me, following Taffis push, but in the night targeted her?
    I am not an undertaker. It has been implied to be a coincidence. In fact it's been referenced as a "bad habit".

Also I kinda feel like there is a Taff versus Rogan thing going on and while I will go read Taff's case, I currently side with Rogan.
    Last edited by gac3; 2022-05-05 at 04:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

RedKnightGirl

It's early morning and the pidgeons are cooing on the roof of the town jail. An elderly lady with weathered skin and a thick grey braid enters the building, key ring clanging at her hip where a gun would be.

"Rise and shine, Xumtiil, I brought you coffee and some breakfast before I turn you over to the judge."

She puts down the plate of eggs and bacon she was carrying onto the small table in the middle of the jail cell and pours herself a cup before placing the jar next to the young cowboy's. Then she sits down on the empty bunk and watches him strain to open his eyes, clearly hungover from last night's exertions.

"You're wondering how you got here, aren't you?" she smiles at his confused face. "I'd seen you hang out with that cowboy Rogan, downing moonshine and waving your guns all over the place. So I followed you hoping to catch you redhanded. Dear me, you were so plastered I was surprised you could walk. No wonder you don't remember."

She fixes him with a hard stare.

"Now, you listen to me. You need to turn this around. Staying on this path can only end with you getting lynched. You know I'm the deputy of this town, and with the sheriff dead it falls to me to keep the peace around here. So don't lie to me. You are very lucky that I was there to prevent another shooting, but your friend got away before I could get a good look at him. Filthy coward, running away and leaving you hanging like that. Tell me who it is and I'll see if I can put in a good word for you."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    My gun was activated last night and I targeted Xumtiil because I hoped Wombat would shoot Rogan.

My role is the Deputy, but functionally I'm a jailkeeper so the lack of night kill is because Xumtiil was voided.

For the record, no, I have no mechanical evidence that Rogan is the other wolf, that's just my personal conviction. But we can sort that out tomorrow if the game doesn't end today.
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2022-05-05 at 12:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

So guns do indeed do different things? Or that's your power outside of having a gun?
    Not a power outside of having a gun. They must do different things, because wolves have been activating 2 people every night, if they all were vigs we'd have much more of a bloodbath on our hands.

I wanted to target Taffi to know if she was pushing you to get you mislynched, or if she was innocent. Book was already cleared, and you, gac and Xihirli were likely to be killed by Wombat (I didn't think he'd go for Elenna).
    I didn't know what my gun did yet, but I was hoping to investigate her and get more information.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so basically we have a voider claiming to have blocked a kill from Taffimai.

Seems like a no-brainer, kill Taff today and if she flips town we ALL point at Xum tonight so the wolves have no good targets for activation.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-05-05 at 04:41 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

19. - Top - End - #169

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Okay, so basically we have a voider claiming to have blocked a kill from Taffimai.

Seems like a no-brainer, kill Taff today and if she flips town we ALL point at Xum tonight so the wolves have no good targets for activation.
    I counterclaimed. And if there are two wolves and you kill me, the other one performs the kill and they win.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, true.

I pointed at Xumtil but haven’t been activated. Who all has been activated and do you have results.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

21. - Top - End - #171

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Hmm, true.

I pointed at Xumtil but haven’t been activated. Who all has been activated and do you have results.
    Well, only two people get activated each night. One was Wombat, who shot Elenna, and the other was either me or Xumtiil depending on who you believe.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

... okay so Taff versus Xumtiil..

On the one hand Taff is seeming to play a bad game if a wolf... Wolves don't normally go "guys I swear to God the person who sealed the lynch on the wolf yesterday is a wolf...

On the other hand Xumtiil made a bizarre power claim. Like what's up with that? They say they are the deputy and put them in an energy bubble? This is wild wild west... Not cowboys versus aliens... I think...

On the other hand Xumtiil took it from certain Snow lynch to a tie with flat... Like for Xum or Rogan to be wolves they would have to have decided "okay. Flat, right now you aren't going to die... But I could lynch you and sure we lose you but I get town credit"...

Also does nobody else have a regular power? Am i the only one with a gun and a power?

23. - Top - End - #173

RedKnightGirl

Also does nobody else have a regular power? Am i the only one with a gun and a power?
    I have a passive power where if a townie shoots me at night I don't die because patrons don't shoot the deputy.

...any interest in letting me live and all pointing your guns at me tonight?

- - - Updated - - -

Also remember that I really pushed to get Flat lynched over Snow. No matter how you turn it, Flat was bussed.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

You could be telling the truth about your power but lying about your alignment. The offer isn’t really great.

That said… there CAN only be one.
    Xumtiil
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-05-05 at 05:15 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I have a passive power where if a townie shoots me at night I don't die because patrons don't shoot the deputy.

...any interest in letting me live and all pointing your guns at me tonight?

- - - Updated - - -

Also remember that I really pushed to get Flat lynched over Snow. No matter how you turn it, Flat was bussed.
    Again I didn't really read day one. But I will assume that you will be called out if this isn't true. Xumtiil.

26. - Top - End - #176

So... I missed most of Day Two and Night Three because of school, only saw the end of night approaching thirteen minutes before so I just chose someone randomly. Apologies.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2022-05-05 at 07:49 PM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

27. - Top - End - #177

ClericGuy

Someone please help me.
    I think Taffi is the significantly better target, but I'm not sure how much of this is her behavior towards me.

So, day1, her first strong move was a push on Snow for invalid reasons, which still got traction. It also earned her some backslash, although not in the form of votes.
    Later that day, she claims that her push was only a reaction test. But it takes her till some hours till EoD to actually give reads on this and started to push flat.
    A case she is sure enough to say "if flat is town, I'll self vote tomorrow", which is not helpful for town at all. Town is wrong all the time, only scum knows everybody's alignment. Taffi was very sure about both flat and AV, something which bat called her out on.
    In the end it took a Snow-voter to change wagons in order to create a tie. This voter was Xum, who went from a pretty much guaranteed town misslynch to a 50% chance to hit scum. Wolf!Xum would have to put more emphasis on the town cred than on an ally.
    So, while Taffi was pushing the wagon, she did so very late in the day and she might not have thought it would stick. It would still give her some much needed town cred if flat flips later.

Day 2, she was only concerned about me. She parked her vote on me and never moved. She didn't really push the case either until again late at day. And she explicitly didn't think this vote would go anywhere. She also tried to prevent us from sharing info that's only news for town. She had no explanation at all, only a paranoia that I was a wolf and would use this info (which I would have anyway) to manipulate things, without anybody noticing.
    Her whole day 2 is in preparation for the endgame, when it gets clear that there was a bus going on. And I think, Elenna was someone who called her out as one of the most likely bus drivers.

Today, she allegedly expected Book to shoot me in the night. Which, to be blunt, is nothing I could see him doing.

There are some other, much less significant things. Taffi had joked about killing Snow day 1 in order to help her study. This didn't happen, but instead Snow dies in the night. Before she had a chance to reevaluate Taffi, like she had promised. (Granted, which the flat flip, this reevaluation would probably have been worked out well, and I'm sure Taffi will mention that Snow also promised to read me again, so I would have a motion to kill her).
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    So... I missed most of Day Two and Night Three because of school, only saw the end of night approaching thirteen minutes before so I just chose someone randomly. Apologies.
    Do you think you will have time to read up today? I explained why I suspect Rogan here and Xumtiil here in the spoiler.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I was working on a post breaking down Taff versus Xumtiil, but real quick before I do that @Taff, do you have a power outside of a gun? You don't have to say what it is but I'd like to know if it exists.

- - - Updated - - -

So either there is one wolf or wolf teams are between Taff/Xi and Rogan/Xum... If nothing else, @Book, whoever dies, if they flip town, shoot the other. Really everyone should aim at the other.

30. - Top - End - #180

RedKnightGirl

Okay I was working on a post breaking down Taff versus Xumtiil, but real quick before I do that @Taff, do you have a power outside of a gun? You don't have to say what it is but I'd like to know if it exists.
    Not an active power, no, only the passive I mentioned.