New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

If people need me to, I'm willing to go through and make a race for more people who seem to be getting ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds like fun, and I enjoyed the item that was made last time, so sure. I give permission.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2015-03-24 at 03:38 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

i give my permission

me
    Last edited by sideswipe; 2015-03-24 at 03:39 PM.
    Damn girl you definitely have a +8 size modifier to AC!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I hardly think the Iz deserve a +99 level adjustment. They've got good defenses, and some abilities that encourage multiclassing. At most I'd give them a +2 level adjustment considering their +2 to Will and effective +2 - +4 to Fortitude. The only really broken thing about them is Physiological Memory, and you can't do much worse than grab a Bonus feat because Racial abilities are different than Monster abilities in Pathfinder.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I hardly think the Iz deserve a +99 level adjustment... in Pathfinder.
    I fail to see how it cogent when it trashes every other PF race (where LA is irrelevant) and is capable of spellcasting ALA Phaerim in 3.5, since the real rules of monsters make no distinction between PCs and monsters (as they should). The +99 is hyperbolic, but you get the point.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-24 at 04:07 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

I fail to see how it cogent when it trashes every other PF race (where LA is irrelevant) and is capable of spellcasting ALA Phaerim in 3.5, since the real rules of monsters make no distinction between PCs and monsters (as they should). The +99 is hyperbolic, but you get the point.
    You didn't object to me tossing the Egnackers full druid casting.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Oh my god!

Didn't I ask you guys to use LA responsibly? What the hell, guys?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-24 at 04:31 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Last edited by tadkins; 2015-03-24 at 04:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    You've been sitting around since the first page of the thread, so I'll stat you. I'll edit this post for when I finish the race. Have no fear, Atemu is here! (dear god, that actually wasn't the worst rhyme I've ever made)

Let me know if anyone has a problem with me statting more than one or two.

And here it is:

Illvenites

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    The Illvenites were a race born of the pages of a book, unlike any other that has ever existed.

They were once simple characters, the product of the mind of a mad artist, whose name is now lost to time. He drew a world of his own, drawing inspiration from none but the very key ideals of his own mind. This drew the attention of the gods of madness and the gods of beauty, for his work was nothing if not beautiful.

He drew for years, stopping barely to eat, sleep or drink, talking to none, keeping no company but his work. And so, upon his deathbed, he intoned the name of the Goddess Irashiel, who took pity upon him, and with a kiss departed with his soul to the afterlife. But the story does not end here.

One does not sacrifice their mortal life to art without cause. Some spark, perhaps madness, perhaps beauty, perhaps life itself, survived in his works. From his pages crawled the first Illvenites, as they called themselves. First only a few came forth, but they were indeed beautiful, and soon, more sprang forth from his art, each helping another through until all that was left of the Mad Artist's work was blank canvas.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    The Illvenites are akin to art in form, given flesh and life. They are almost human, almost elfin, and still many other things have been seen. Their eyes are slightly larger than usual, their skin fairer, and their bodies taller and thinner. Their hair varies far more in color than a human, from white to black to green to purple, and in far more shades with each generation as opposed to the last. They are described quite often as 'inhumanly' beautiful.

Spoiler: Racial Traits
    Show
    • +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Illvenites are beautiful and insightful, but many lack foresight in their own right. They can often see through a puzzle with remarkable clarity, but they have difficulty grasping everyday life and its foibles.
    • Illvenites gain two bonus languages at first level, as if from a high intelligence score; Illvenites are greatly skilled linguists. Despite being descended from art, all manner of performances are far from alien to them.
    • Illvenites gain a +2 racial bonus on Perform skills, and Perform is always a class skill for them. Being born of art makes one naturally inclined towards the arts.
    • Illvenites are proficient with rapiers and daggers. They have a natural talent for these weapons.
    • Mysterious Life (Su): Illvenites see life as filled with mystery. They gain a +2 bonus on saves made to disbelieve an illusion.
    • Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): 1/day: Charm Person, 3/day: Prestidigitation, Summon Instrument. Illvenites have a caster level for these spell-like abilities akin to a bard of their level.
    • Humanoid (Illvenite): Illvenites, despite their unique creation, are humanoids.
    • Base Land Speed is 30 ft.
    • Favored Class: If it needs one, let it be bard. For the love of the gods, let it be bard.
    • Level Adjustment: +0.

Any thoughts, Playground?

It might need a level adjustment.
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 09:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I somehow missed that, holy crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I somehow missed that, holy crap.
    Right? it was so innocuous when you weren't reading it.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Now this one I have to see.

The link
    This'll be my next project.

I'll edit this post when it's ready.

And here we are.

Garrotites

Show
    Garrotites are a race of small fey-like creatures, native to the material plane, who specialize in the art of creating new and powerful technologies, weapons, and magic items. They are exceptionally gifted artificers.

Even to their greatest scholars, the origins of the mysterious Garrotites are unknown. They seem to have originated from the planes of Fey, and they seem to be infused with a great degree of magic. However, they seem to also be part of the material plane, and have been there for a long time.

Most Garrotites worship a deity known as G'arreth, a strange god who is an ascended member of their own kind.

Show
    Garrotites are around the size of halflings, though much thinner and wirier. They are prone to fits of manic inventive talent, though these seem more common in teenage and adult Garrotites, and fade in number and in power when they age. They have violently coloured hair, usually red, green, blue or even pink, and they often dress in colors that match.

Show
    • +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Garrotites are ferociously individual, each with a distinct and often charming personality. They are dextrous, and are prone to get underfoot of the larger races, who they refer to colloquially as "Biguns".
    • Fly (Su): Despite lacking wings, Garrotites have a limited ability to fly. They can fly at 20 ft. with Good maneuverability.
    • Manic Inspiration (Ex): Once per day per five levels, on a roll of a natural 1 on a Skill Check based off of Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma, they can treat it as a natural 20.
    • Garrotites receive a racial +2 bonus on Spellcraft and Use Magic Device checks. They are naturals at figuring out the nature of magic.
    • Humanoid (Garrotite): Garrotites are a distinctly individual race.
    • Base Land Speed: 20 ft. Garrotites are slower than their longer-legged counterparts, and envy Goblins their speed.
    • Favored Class: Artificer (I've given up on making a difference .

I'm a bit worried about the LA +0 on this one. Fly is pretty powerful, and Manic Inspiration might be abusable. What does the Playground think?
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 08:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think I'll do one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Please. Please make me one!

link
    Let's see how I do with this one. I'll post the results via edit when I'm done.

Also, I'd do myself, but I'd like to see what someone else thinks of me so...?

And here we are...

The Araezer

Show
    The Araezer are a race born to turmoil and emotion. Their story is a strange one, as was their conception.

An ancient wizard, far beyond the age for it, realized that she wished to have a child. She knew she had missed the natural opportunity, and was loath to summon a celestial or demon that could fulfill the basic requirements therein. So she delved deep into arcane knowledge, to try and accomplish what she wanted.

She found nothing. For years, she wished, and all her emotion, all her rage at the universe denying her her child, she found in that what she needed. Releasing all her rage, she turned that pure, undiluted emotion into a single arcane spark, which she could turn into a child.

She gave birth to twins, one male, one female. Those children grew to adulthood, miraculously she survived to see them to adulthood. The boy, named Aran, and the Girl, Eren. These two went off on their own and both found mates among the races of humans. Both bred true, producing more of their kind, but after about twenty generations they ceased to be able to produce more of their kind. But those twenty generations produced not a mere subrace but a race of its own kind, a powerful race imbued with magic.

Show
    The Araezer appear for the most part human. They are inclined towards red hair, but this seems to be less a race trait and more a quirk of hereditary. The only true difference, it is said, lies in their eyes. To look in their eyes, they say, is to look into the heart of a storm and see its true tumult.

Show
    • [*}+2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: The Araezer are hardy and deeply emotional, and these emotions can sometimes sway others to their side, or can cause them to be blind to the danger of their actions. This causes Good Araezer to be fearless champions of their ideals, but can cause the rage of an Evil Araezer to be something fierce to behold.
    • Humanoid (Human, Araezer): Araezer are deeply human, despite the magic that suffuses them.
    • Shout (Su): Araezer have a powerful attack born of their deep emotion. They can shout, and have the sheer power of it affect their enemies. This scream deals 1d6 x 1/2 their character level sonic damage, but once used deeply drains the Araezer. An Araezer who uses this ability takes 1 point of constitution damage, which can be recovered but only at the rate of 1 point per day. This ability is a Sonic, Mind-Affecting ability.
    • Araezer are suffused with magic, giving them a predilection towards it. This manifests first with a racial +2 bonus on Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. Secondly, it also grants them the ability to use magic items as if they had access to the Sorcerer spell list.
    • Base Land speed for an Araezer is 30 ft.
    • Favored Class: Sorcerer.
    • LA: +0

Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 08:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Also, I'd do myself, but I'd like to see what someone else thinks of me so...?
    I'm working on it. I feel the Great Cheater needs to be involved in some way.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Colossus in the Playground

You've been sitting around since the first page of the thread, so I'll stat you. I'll edit this post for when I finish the race. Have no fear, Atemu is here! (dear god, that actually wasn't the worst rhyme I've ever made)

Let me know if anyone has a problem with me statting more than one or two.

And here it is:

Illvenites

Show
    The Illvenites were a race born of the pages of a book, unlike any other that has ever existed.

They were once simple characters, the product of the mind of a mad artist, whose name is now lost to time. He drew a world of his own, drawing inspiration from none but the very key ideals of his own mind. This drew the attention of the gods of madness and the gods of beauty, for his work was nothing if not beautiful.

He drew for years, stopping barely to eat, sleep or drink, talking to none, keeping no company but his work. And so, upon his deathbed, he intoned the name of the Goddess Irashiel, who took pity upon him, and with a kiss departed with his soul to the afterlife. But the story does not end here.

One does not sacrifice their mortal life to art without cause. Some spark, perhaps madness, perhaps beauty, perhaps life itself, survived in his works. From his pages crawled the first Illvenites, as they called themselves. First only a few came forth, but they were indeed beautiful, and soon, more sprang forth from his art, each helping another through until all that was left of the Mad Artist's work was blank canvas.

Show
    The Illvenites are akin to art in form, given flesh and life. They are almost human, almost elfin, and still many other things have been seen. Their eyes are slightly larger than usual, their skin fairer, and their bodies taller and thinner. Their hair varies far more in color than a human, from white to black to green to purple, and in far more shades with each generation as opposed to the last. They are described quite often as 'inhumanly' beautiful.

Show
    • +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Illvenites are beautiful and insightful, but many lack foresight in their own right. They can often see through a puzzle with remarkable clarity, but they have difficulty grasping everyday life and its foibles.
    • Illvenites gain two bonus languages at first level, as if from a high intelligence score; Illvenites are greatly skilled linguists. Despite being descended from art, all manner of performances are far from alien to them.
    • Illvenites gain a +2 racial bonus on Perform skills, and Perform is always a class skill for them. Being born of art makes one naturally inclined towards the arts.
    • Illvenites are proficient with rapiers and daggers. They have a natural talent for these weapons.
    • Mysterious Life (Su): Illvenites see life as filled with mystery. They gain a +2 bonus on saves made to disbelieve an illusion.
    • Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): 1/day: Charm Person, 3/day: Prestidigitation, Summon Instrument. Illvenites have a caster level for these spell-like abilities akin to a bard of their level.
    • Favored Class: If it needs one, let it be bard. For the love of the gods, let it be bard.

Any thoughts, Playground?

It might need a level adjustment.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I may go through and make everyone here. Because I need a distraction, and this is fun. Next up I kind of want to do LoyalPaladin.

And here it is.

Noritects

Show
    The Noritects were once an army. Born and bred of an ancient kingdom, they were soldiers, ready to die defending their land. But then, a great evil came. It tried to wipe out their homeland, including them. They were forced back into a valley, were they were slaughtered en masse. But so loyal were they to their cause, to their king, and to their people, they denied death itself, and their glorious afterlife, to return to their bodies and bring peace. A god of life and death, Ferrinor, saw fit that they return to their bodies, and with it went his blessing. They returned, no longer human, but the first Noritects.

Show
    Noritects look almost human. They are tall and strong, usually with iron-gray hair. Note that this isn't throughout their entire life. Like many races, their hair grays throughout their lives. Noritects simply have this occur during adolescence as opposed to convalescence. Their eyes, however, are always stormcloud gray.

Show
    • +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Noritects are flawless in strength of body and in spirit. It is said no foe has ever broken the mind of a Noritect, a sterling beacon against the forces of darkness.
    • Outsider (Native, Human, Noritect): Noritects are human as well as Noritect.
    • Noritects gain a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks; they are naturals at peace as well as war.
    • Ghostbane (Su): Ferrinor returned the Noritects to life with a special gift- to be able to return the restless dead, no matter what their state, to the grave. Anytime a Noritect wields a weapon against an Incorporeal undead, their weapons are treated as possessing the Ghost Touch special quality.
    • Sterling Honor (Ex): Noritects face a racial conditioning that impairs their ability to lie to their superior officers. When trying to lie to one of their superior officers, they take a -8 penalty on Bluff checks. However, if they do this knowing it is for a good cause, they do not take this penalty. This trait can be suppressed with a DC 15 Will Save, made daily to suppress it for the day.
    • Death's Spurn (Ex): Noritects are remarkably difficult to turn into undead. Any such attempt must succeed on a DC 30 Caster Level check.
    • Base Land Speed is 30 ft.
    • Favored Class: Crusader (You know I'm just kidding)
    • Level Adjustment: +1.

This one I'm a little bit more certain is LA +1, though I did, of course, make it open for lesser, same as Aasimar. It's a bit stronger, though.
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 09:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I may go through and make everyone here. Because I need a distraction, and this is fun. Next up I kind of want to do LoyalPaladin.
    When is my race of dudes who do stuff I do get a backstory so long it needs a spoiler? When I'm not looking?
    I saw it, and it's cool. Thanks!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-24 at 09:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vault-Tec Notification

Permission granted.
    Sweet Kobold from Vault 13 by ThePrez1776 !

"If the powers that be are angry, give them a weapon."

Homebrew:

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I saw it, and it's cool. Thanks!
    I do like it when others are pleased with my work. Thank you.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

TvTyrant, you're my next target. I'll do it in the morning, since it's almost 11 where I am. G'night.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

TvTyrant, you're my next target. I'll do it in the morning, since it's almost 11 where I am. G'night.
    I appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

The Araezer

Show
    The Araezer are a race born to turmoil and emotion. Their story is a strange one, as was their conception.

An ancient wizard, far beyond the age for it, realized that she wished to have a child. She knew she had missed the natural opportunity, and was loath to summon a celestial or demon that could fulfill the basic requirements therein. So she delved deep into arcane knowledge, to try and accomplish what she wanted.

She found nothing. For years, she wished, and all her emotion, all her rage at the universe denying her her child, she found in that what she needed. Releasing all her rage, she turned that pure, undiluted emotion into a single arcane spark, which she could turn into a child.

She gave birth to twins, one male, one female. Those children grew to adulthood, miraculously she survived to see them to adulthood. The boy, named Aran, and the Girl, Eren. These two went off on their own and both found mates among the races of humans. Both bred true, producing more of their kind, but after about twenty generations they ceased to be able to produce more of their kind. But those twenty generations produced not a mere subrace but a race of its own kind, a powerful race imbued with magic.

Show
    The Araezer appear for the most part human. They are inclined towards red hair, but this seems to be less a race trait and more a quirk of hereditary. The only true difference, it is said, lies in their eyes. To look in their eyes, they say, is to look into the heart of a storm and see its true tumult.

Show
    • [*}+2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: The Araezer are hardy and deeply emotional, and these emotions can sometimes sway others to their side, or can cause them to be blind to the danger of their actions. This causes Good Araezer to be fearless champions of their ideals, but can cause the rage of an Evil Araezer to be something fierce to behold.
    • Humanoid (Human, Araezer): Araezer are deeply human, despite the magic that suffuses them.
    • Shout (Su): Araezer have a powerful attack born of their deep emotion. They can shout, and have the sheer power of it affect their enemies. This scream deals 1d6 x 1/2 their character level sonic damage, but once used deeply drains the Araezer. An Araezer who uses this ability takes 1 point of constitution damage, which can be recovered but only at the rate of 1 point per day. This ability is a Sonic, Mind-Affecting ability.
    • Araezer are suffused with magic, giving them a predilection towards it. This manifests first with a racial +2 bonus on Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. Secondly, it also grants them the ability to use magic items as if they had access to the Sorcerer spell list.
    • Base Land speed for an Araezer is 30 ft.
    • Favored Class: Sorcerer.
    • LA: +0

...It is beautiful! Thank you.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ok, Tvtyrant, here it is:

Dominites

Show
    Dominites are a race of winged reptilian humanoids native to high, arid peaks deep in desert land. The story of their creation is a mysterious one; it is said that they were made from the sands, by a great force of creation. Some say a god. Some say a powerful being in its own right. The debate over this has been waged for centuries in the Dominite cities, where the passtime is debate; it is to them as poker or sport is to other races. Their family unit consists of two parents and one child. They live for near three hundred years, and a child goes out into the world nearing its fourtieth, but they are fertile from then until almost their two hundred and fiftieth year. Dominites mate for life.

Show
    Dominites are humanoid in shape, yet covered by scales. These scales are usually light brown or dark green, though among the rarer colours are gray, black and the absolute rarest is pure white. They have large, leathery batlike wings of the same color.

Show
    • +2 Constitution: Dominites are hardy desert dwellers.
    • Fly Speed (Ex): Dominites with 6 or more hit dice have a natural fly speed of 60 ft., with average maneuverability.
    • +2 racial bonus on Climb and Survival checks: Dominites have a natural ability to climb and survive on their own.
    • Glide Speed (Ex): A Dominite with less than 6 hit dice can glide 30 ft. per 10 feet of drop.
    • Sight (Ex): Dominites have low-light vision and darkvision with a range of 30 ft.
    • Favored Class: Any.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Sure, I give permission. These are always pretty fun.

I'll have something for someone up a little later today.
    Alright, you're next up on the list.

When I'm done with all the ones who already asked and haven't received, I'll go back and try the ones who have.

This post will be edited when I'm done.

And here we go.

Vollaen

Show
    Vollaen are the children of dragons. Centuries ago, deep underground, a race of subterranean humans known as the V'ol were enslaved by a group of black dragons. These black dragons made cruel experiments on their slaves, producing much death, great destruction, and by the end of the dragons' rule the Vollaen were born. Nothing created of that much chaos and death is ever innocent, and the Vollaen are no exception. The death of their masters led to them expanding outwards, eventually leaving the underdark and finding their way to the surface. Though at first they were only a few hundred in number, they banded together and through strength of arms, culled themselves a place in the world. However, a coalition of nations managed to defeat them, and as such, they were broken up and separated, and are now a part of other nations. That war, which took place so many centuries ago, is all but forgotten, save by the scholars and the dead. The Vollaen face prejuidice not for their role in that conflict, but for their dragon heritage. Many Vollaen dislike humans, ironically, despite their own humanity.

Show
    Vollaen look, for the most part, human. However, they all have ebony-black, shiny hair. They are all pale, strong, yet thin. Many describe them as lithe. They possess none of their dragon ancestors' magical abilities, but magic is an aptitude for many of them. Another key difference is that their nails always grow black and sharp, not enough for actual combat, but enough to be noticeable.

Show
    • +2 Charisma: Vollaen trade humans' skillful aptitude for increased personality and powerful emotions. Many are also considered beautiful, though neither humanity nor the Vollaen would ever admit that about the other.
    • Humanoid (Human, Dragonblood): Vollaen are human, despite their many protests to the contrary. A child between a human, rare though it is for social reasons, stands a fifty percent chance of being a Vollaen or a human.
    • Bonus Feat: Vollaen gain a bonus feat at first level. They share some of their forebearer's aptitude for discovery.
    • Favored Class: Sorcerer. They also possess the ability to gain a second favored class, as a human would select their first.
    • Level Adjustment: +0

I like this one. It turned out well. I still think it might be weaker than Silverbrow humans, though.
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-25 at 07:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    WhamBamSam gives permission.
    Well, you're up to bat. I'll try and make another, though their could possibly be some delay to this one.

No one's getting tired of me, right?

Valarites

Show
    The origin of Valarites is a mystery, at least to most. It is said that they are descended from magical beasts, given form and function. The truth is strange, to say the least.

In centuries long past, a wizard and his assistant sought to discover the secret of magical hybridization. The results were a mixed bag, to say the least. However, in one of his last experiments, he tried to bind animal essences into human form. In this case, his assistant. The result was his assistant mutated vastly into a furry, winged creature. The wizard could not fix his mistake, so as consolation made a mate for his former assistant from those same essences. And the rest, as it is said, is history.

Show
    : Valarites are large, bipedal, fur-covered creatures. They are exceedingly rare, but biologically immortal. They are broad and strong, but even then their minds are just as great if not more so than most. They often become wizards. They have brown fur, eyes that vary in shade about as much as humans, two vestigial horns, and thick legs and arms.

Show
    • +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Valarites are strongly built, but many are disgusted by their appearance and they often have reserved appearances.
    • Base land speed is 30 ft.
    • Humanoid (Valarite): Valarites have long lost their humanity.
    • Valarites have a +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal, Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. Their animal essence seems to make animals feel safe around them, and they are naturally skilled with magic.
    • Powerful Build (Ex): For the purpose of grappling checks, weapon sizes, and carrying capacity, Valarites are treated as large creatures.
    • Favored Class: Any. This at least remains from their past as a human.

This race, I think, needs a little bit of help. Anyone got an idea on the balance of it?
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-25 at 07:22 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like we also need categories for "A Dragon did it" and "A dragon didn't do it (yet)"
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    And now you're up. This one may take a while. But, what can I say?

I'll edit this post when it's done.

Akatites

Show
    There is a saying among humans that, "History that is not remembered repeats itself". This is the philosophy of the Akatite.

They were once a race of humans, who chose to create a library of knowledge that would last the ages. As such, they chose to make it in the Astral Plane. This plane, known for its power, would be the home of some five hundred members of the order. Back then, the order was known as the Order of Akaton, a god of knowledge. But over the centuries, the power of the plane in which they lived, casting divinations to discover new things and write it down, changed them. They became the Akatites, a race who values knowledge above all else.

They are rare on the material plane, but are still native to it, strangely. Despite their oft living on the Astral Plane, none of them is actually native to it.

Show
    Akatites look human, but are perhaps more olive in skin tone and perhaps a bit more regal. They often dress in either robes or armor, but never will they go without either. They dislike clothing that does not conceal figure, perhaps for some historical reason, or perhaps particular preference.

Show
    • +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: In body, Akatites are much the same as humans. In mind, they are canny and wise beyond their years, but many are ultimately reserved personalities, perhaps to allow the flow of history to take its course without their diverting it.
    • Outsider (Native, Akatite): Akatites are outsiders native to the Material Plane. They have left their humanity behind in favor of lengthened lifespans and heightened minds.
    • Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day: Identify, 1/day Shield (Caster level equal to character level).
    • Scion of Knowledge (Ex): An Akatite Wizard gains a bonus spell to add to its spell book every fifth level. Also, an Akatite who has not been permanently banned from their monastery may research spells at their monastery without paying to gain access to another wizard's spellbook.
    • Akatites have a +2 racial bonus on all Knowledge skills.
    • Favored Class: Wizard.
    • Level Adjustment: +1

Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-25 at 08:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    I, PsyBomb, do hearby grant permission (and request that it be PF).

EDIT: Link now properly active.
    And next up is...

The Psykal

Show
    The Psykal are a race dedicated to merging arcane magic and blade magic. They are said to be the descendents of Psyus, whose patient training led their ancestors to the way. How they became such unique creatures is largely unknown. It is said that Psyus gave each of them a bit of his spirit, and from that they changed.

Show
    The Psykal appear almost human. They are a little diminished in stature, but they make up for this by being powerful combatants.

Show
    • +2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity: Psykal are intelligent and quick combatants.
    • Psykal receive a racial +2 bonus on Martial Lore and Spellcraft checks.
    • Stare of the Ages (Ex): In a Duel of Wills, a Psykal gains a +2 racial bonus on skill checks.
    • Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): Psykal can use True Strike and Greater Magic Weapon twice per day as a Sorcerer equal to their character level.
    • Favored Class: Wizard and Swordsage.

Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-25 at 09:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Permission granted, this stuff's great for optimization rudisplork.

Threadnaught.
    I've been looking forward to this one.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Well, you're up to bat. I'll try and make another, though their could possibly be some delay to this one.

No one's getting tired of me, right?

Valarites

Show
    The origin of Valarites is a mystery, at least to most. It is said that they are descended from magical beasts, given form and function. The truth is strange, to say the least.

In centuries long past, a wizard and his assistant sought to discover the secret of magical hybridization. The results were a mixed bag, to say the least. However, in one of his last experiments, he tried to bind animal essences into human form. In this case, his assistant. The result was his assistant mutated vastly into a furry, winged creature. The wizard could not fix his mistake, so as consolation made a mate for his former assistant from those same essences. And the rest, as it is said, is history.

Show
    : Valarites are large, bipedal, fur-covered creatures. They are exceedingly rare, but biologically immortal. They are broad and strong, but even then their minds are just as great if not more so than most. They often become wizards. They have brown fur, eyes that vary in shade about as much as humans, two vestigial horns, and thick legs and arms.

Show
    • +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Valarites are strongly built, but many are disgusted by their appearance and they often have reserved appearances.
    • Base land speed is 30 ft.
    • Humanoid (Valarite): Valarites have long lost their humanity.
    • Valarites have a +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal, Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. Their animal essence seems to make animals feel safe around them, and they are naturally skilled with magic.
    • Powerful Build (Ex): For the purpose of grappling checks, weapon sizes, and carrying capacity, Valarites are treated as large creatures.
    • Favored Class: Any. This at least remains from their past as a human.

This race, I think, needs a little bit of help. Anyone got an idea on the balance of it?
    Powerful Build is missing some stuff, unless you intended a weaker version for an LA+0 race. Anyway, they seem fun, but I'm not sure I see the connection to me or my forum presence. Care to explain?

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV